PDA

View Full Version : What does it take for miami to be ELITE!!!!!

MiamiGus
03-11-2011, 07:36 PM
All season media has been talkin about the heat need this .. the heat needs that.. give me your opinions ..:)

blastmasta26
03-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Chemistry.

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 07:55 PM
actually beating an elite team without the help of the refs

shizzle09
03-11-2011, 08:03 PM

LMFAO, we spanked the lakers in LA on xmas and beat you yesterday. Did you miss that non foul call on Gasol when he hit boshs arm at the end of the game? You lost by 6 and shot 8 "more" FT's than the Heat!! yeah the refs are why you cant beat the heat team that evey other elite team has.

blastmasta26
03-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Please don't use the refs as an excuse.

shizzle09
03-11-2011, 08:06 PM
They need to play like they did yesterday and go through Bosh more. LBJ needs to play the magic johnson role while Wade plays the closer role. The bench needs to hit their open shots also.

king4day
03-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Going to have to beat the elites. The win over LA was a good one but it doesn't put relief in anyones eyes (or shouldn't at least).

TheDiggler
03-11-2011, 08:07 PM
It takes the stopping of stupid threads.

heyman321
03-11-2011, 08:09 PM
They need a decent center. Not a superstar, but someone who can defend and get a few buckets every now and then. Not a dumba$s like "a confused Erick Dampier" as Bill Simmons puts it. That, and a real bench, and maybe a year or two more of playing together. Also they need to consistently give the ball to Wade in late game, cause Lebron trucking his way to the basket doesn't seem to be working. New coach? Nah, coaching is seriously overrated (see Mike Brown and Mike D'antoni). As long as you have good players the team will be good.

Then they'd definitely be elite. Not that they aren't good, but they're not like the team that you expect to get to the finals every year.

tcav701
03-11-2011, 08:17 PM
A team usually needs more than 3 players.

Kyben36
03-11-2011, 08:17 PM
With Bosh wade and James, in order to build around them, they need a defensive C who can also rebound, somebody like Tyson Chandler or joakim Noah would be great, not anyone who is going to be scoring a ton, but a guy who can give them a defensive Big and grab the boards that Bosh's soft *** doesnt grab.

also, a 3pt shooting PG who can also defend, I think Chalmers was perfect, bibby is a nice complement. but thye need a big.

bovice163
03-11-2011, 08:18 PM
A center with and inside presence, a bench, a half-court offense, and a set of testicles for LeBrenda James.

lakeshow3peat
03-11-2011, 08:20 PM
yes the heat beat the lakers but they needed those two wins more than the lakers. Good job heat ya beat us twice but when it comes to postseason your screwed ha ha . For the heat to be elite lets see d wade has to demand the ball more , lebron has to use his most athletic ability in the league to dominate the paint or get fouled and make free throws . Bosh has to stop standing there with his raptor up his *** . Its simple take each game as it goes if someone is doing good feed them the ball if they dont then find someone else its a no brainier.

Klivlend
03-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Chemistry.

Bingo! +1

Purple&Gold24
03-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Pretending Every teams jerseys saids "Lakers" across the chest.:eyebrow:

roshan3ai
03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Chris(tina) Bosh has to play really well

Khri
03-11-2011, 08:25 PM
We are already elite .

Purple&Gold24
03-11-2011, 08:27 PM
We are already elite .

:rimshot:

allSUAVE
03-11-2011, 08:32 PM
A Center .....My Knicks too a Center.

PhillyFaninLA
03-11-2011, 08:33 PM
It will take the Heat 1 thing. Time.

Of course they weren't going to be elite this year (although who knows they may win the title this year). It takes time for a team to get used to each other and to play on instinct, right now they are thinking too much and reacting less but they are better then they were a few months ago.

Heater4life
03-11-2011, 08:34 PM
To be elite? We need chemistry (everyone needs to find their niche), a healthy Haslem, and quality big men signed next year.

PhillyFaninLA
03-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Pretending Every teams jerseys saids "Lakers" across the chest.:eyebrow:

The arrogance and entitled attitude that is shown here is exactly why I hate the Lakers and cannot stand many many of there fans.

Heater4life
03-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Chris(tina) Bosh has to play really well

Whats that on your sig? The all-fugly team? :laugh2:

GeekInThePink
03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
a decent point guard.

Klivlend
03-11-2011, 08:42 PM
:rimshot:

You seem like the right person to ask. I see your avatar is Kobe's tattoo, correct? If so, what is the story behind it? I am assuming it has something to do with his wife after the whole Colorado debacle. It kind of looks like a crown with butterflies on it. I know he is not self-proclaiming himself "King of Butterflies". So, what's the real story?

Purple&Gold24
03-11-2011, 08:54 PM
You seem like the right person to ask. I see your avatar is Kobe's tattoo, correct? If so, what is the story behind it? I am assuming it has something to do with his wife after the whole Colorado debacle. It kind of looks like a crown with butterflies on it. I know he is not self-proclaiming himself "King of Butterflies". So, what's the real story?

hahahhha KLIVLEND!?! this made me lol.......haha its not this tattoo. :facepalm:

Looks please please read this..this is for all KOBE HATERS. read it please.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/624641-top-5-five-ways-to-spot-a-kobe-bryant-hater/page/1
KLIVLEND READ #2

Hotone1401
03-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Please don't use the refs as an excuse.

How is it an excuse? Kobe clearly got fouled by Wade on the 3pt from the corner as Wade clearly got all forearm and forced the shot to fall 5 ft short of the rim. They were down by 2 at that point and Kobe had just nailed the 3pt shot the play before. Ofcourse Wade fouled him and you are blind if you don't think it wasn't a goaltend by Z on the rebound after that play. It's not an excuse. It's a fact and we as fans just have to live with it, but that doesn't mean that wasn't what happened.

redsox0717
03-11-2011, 09:00 PM
A new roster

godolphins
03-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Tyson Chandler :D

Jewelz0376
03-11-2011, 09:08 PM
play the Lakers every game lol

Faycem
03-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Reach the ECF.

Flash3
03-11-2011, 09:15 PM
A center with and inside presence, a bench, a half-court offense, and a set of testicles for LeBrenda James.

#Hatingswag

Rivera
03-11-2011, 09:22 PM
they already are an elite team....

does this mean they will win the chip? not necessarily

but they are currently an elite team

Bluffmasta
03-11-2011, 09:50 PM
more threads about the miami heat.

Flash3
03-11-2011, 10:34 PM
LMAO the last one was a flop.

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 10:36 PM
LMAO the last one was a flop.

lebron leaned and moved forward
and what about the other ones

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Omg, look at this whiner ***** and complain lol. Thats pathetic.

Get over it you lost. No game is reffed perfectly.

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Omg, look at this whiner ***** and complain lol. Thats pathetic.

Get over it you lost. No game is reffed perfectly.

i dont really care about a regular season game, but my point was that the refs handed yall that win

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 10:45 PM
i dont really care about a regular season game, but my point was that the refs handed yall that win

You lost the game, we beat you, the refs didn't hand over anything.

And don't say you don't care because you spent you're sweet *** time posting 30 videos and lag the **** out this thread to make your point.

CowboysKB24
03-11-2011, 10:45 PM
They need to play like they did yesterday and go through Bosh more. LBJ needs to play the magic johnson role while Wade plays the closer role. The bench needs to hit their open shots also.

That is a start, but honestly the playoffs is what it all comes down too. Win when it matters most. Heat make the ECFs and actually compete a lot of this crap will go away. Of course, making the finals or winning the finals would do the same thing. It all really means nothing right now IMO. Playoffs matter the most.

CowboysKB24
03-11-2011, 10:46 PM

And don't say you don't care because you spent you're sweet *** time posting 30 videos and lag the **** out this thread to make your point.

x2. They won. I can't stand people who argue the refs, unless it is something like the St. Johns and Rutger's game.

SteBO
03-11-2011, 10:48 PM
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm going to give you a proven fact. You guys shouldn't have been in that situation. You guys went up by 6 points in the third quarter, and you turned the ball over on 3 straight possessions. Was that the refs fault? Was getting outscored 46-30 in the paint the refs fault? Was getting outrebounded by our so-called "weak" frontline the refs fault too? No, it wasn't. Blaming officiating is the biggest cop out in sports. Reality is the heat won the game, so give credit where credit is due and move on.

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 10:49 PM

lol i just copied and pasted it took about a minute, but this was the worst officiated quarter of basketball ive ever watched
but either way, it was a reg. season game

Jap_Steak
03-11-2011, 10:52 PM
5-7 other players.

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 10:52 PM
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm going to give you a proven fact. You guys shouldn't have been in that situation. You guys went up by 6 points in the third quarter, and you turned the ball over on 3 straight possessions. Was that the refs fault? Was getting outscored 46-30 in the paint the refs fault? Was getting outrebounded by our so-called "weak" frontline the refs fault too? No, it wasn't. Blaming officiating is the biggest cop out in sports. Reality is the heat won the game, so give credit where credit is due and move on.

just curious did you watch the last 2 minutes of the game?
i never blame the refs for losses, but IMO the refs screwed up big time for that game

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 10:55 PM
lol i just copied and pasted it took about a minute, but this was the worst officiated quarter of basketball ive ever watched
but either way, it was a reg. season game

lol coming from a Laker fan....

SteBO
03-11-2011, 10:55 PM
just curious did you watch the last 2 minutes of the game?
i never blame the refs for losses, but IMO the refs screwed up big time for that game
I watched the whole game. The last two bits in your post you have to let go, but I'll give you the Big Z goaltend, and Wade did foul Kobe on that jump shot, but that doesn't necessarily mean you would've won the game anyway. My point was you had a chance in the third to put the game away when we were struggling a little bit offensively and you didn't capitalize. Wade made plays at the end, Kobe didn't. That was the difference.

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 10:56 PM
lol coming from a Laker fan....

oh so is our 5 titles in the last 11 years all flukes and the refs gave it to us?

remember 2006?

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Im sorry but that "goaltending" was coming off the rim anyways so its not like it was gonna go in. It was CLEARLY coming off the rim.

And the shot by Kobe was ridiculous to say the least and prolly wouldn't of gone in anyways.

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 10:58 PM
I watched the whole game. The last two bits in your post you have to let go, but I'll give you the Big Z goaltend, and Wade did foul Kobe on that jump shot, but that doesn't necessarily mean you would've won the game anyway. My point was you had a chance in the third to put the game away when we were struggling a little bit offensively and you didn't capitalize. Wade made plays at the end, Kobe didn't. That was the difference.

how is kobe supposed to make the play when he gets hacked and no call?
those 3 free throws woulda put LA up by 1

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Im sorry but that "goaltending" was coming off the rim anyways so its not like it was gonna go in. It was CLEARLY coming off the rim.

And the shot by Kobe was ridiculous to say the least and prolly wouldn't of gone in anyways.

it woulda been 3 free throws cause it was a foul, plus you cant rebound a ball when its still in the cylinder

SteBO
03-11-2011, 11:00 PM
oh so is our 5 titles in the last 11 years all flukes and the refs gave it to us?

remember 2006?
Maybe if DAL didn't play so soft, 2006 may have been different. Wade was aggressive and put the onus on the officials to make a call. He did that by attacking the basket. Sorry, but if Kobe continues to take contested jumpers and hope for foul calls, he's in for a rude awakening, and that showed last night.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 11:03 PM

remember 2006?

Kings vs Lakers is all i have to say

Flash3
03-11-2011, 11:04 PM
lebron leaned and moved forward
and what about the other ones

yea i guess but thats the nba for you one team will always get screwed its almost never called right down the middle. sad really

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Maybe if DAL didn't play so soft, 2006 may have been different. Wade was aggressive and put the onus on the officials to make a call. He did that by attacking the basket. Sorry, but if Kobe continues to take contested jumpers and hope for foul calls, he's in for a rude awakening, and that showed last night.

and getting every call, atleast admit that 06 finals was bad officiating, cause it was

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 11:08 PM
and getting every call, atleast admit that 06 finals was bad officiating, cause it was

We get it, its bad officiating if it doesnt benefit the Lakers.

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 11:09 PM
We get it, its bad officiating if it doesnt benefit the Lakers.

i never said that, i want the refs to be as perfect as possible

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 11:10 PM
i never said that, i want the refs to be as perfect as possible

Which is impossible so stop whining.

SteBO
03-11-2011, 11:10 PM
I could argue that both ways. The officiating was a little shady that year, but that's how the NBA is and always has been. It's just the reality. Besides, DAL was up 2-0 in that series and that idiot owner Mark Cuban already had a parade planned in DAL. MIA was the more aggresive team and put themselves in better position to win, that's how you get things to go your way.

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Which is impossible so stop whining.

im not whinning, i just showed video evidence of BS reffing
its about time miami won a game

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 11:18 PM
I could argue that both ways. The officiating was a little shady that year, but that's how the NBA is and always has been. It's just the reality. Besides, DAL was up 2-0 in that series and that idiot owner Mark Cuban already had a parade planned in DAL. MIA was the more aggresive team and put themselves in better position to win, that's how you get things to go your way.

:laugh: thats funny

shep33
03-11-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm not trying to complain but lets be serious, if that was Lebron or Wade in those plays instead of Kobe, and the Heat had lost, a lot of Heat fans would show disgust towards the refs too... you can't honestly say a lot of your fanbase on PSD wouldn't. But that being said, Miami won the game, LA actually killed themselves in the first half, giving up 12 offensive boards and 55 points.

nickdymez
03-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Soon as they care less about stats and more about winning

More-Than-Most
03-12-2011, 03:36 AM
In their case Less is more... In the off season trading of a star play to fill the starting holes and bench holes. It really is that simple.

cutiepie80
03-12-2011, 03:41 AM
Drop Bosh and let D Wade shoot the last shot.

b@llhog24
03-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Trade lebron for stephen curry and dorrel wright.
Get tyson chandler in the offseason

Ethix11
03-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Only non bandwagon Heat fans know the significance of UD coming back from injury. He is a wall whenever he puts his body in the lane. He's arguably the best defender on the Heat but nobody talks about him. Then when Bosh feels like playing like a diva, we can bring him in to rebound and add general toughness to our front court and put a fresh legged Bosh back for assertive scoring bursts like he did with the Lakers. People leave Haslem open all the time and he usually made his shots this season as he improved by having LeBron feed him as well as Wade. He is not a headliner, but if you cold score points for everytime you make someone miss or commit a turnover, Haslem is #1 and we lost ALOT of close games that shouldnt have happened.

JasonJohnHorn
03-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Rebounding and defence.

The bottom line is this: As consistent as Miami has been against sub .500 teams, they are still below .500 against teams OVER .500. Obviously every team has a better record against teams under .500, but teams like Boston, LA and SA, are all OVER .500 against teams over .500. If you can win more than half your games against the teams in the playoffs, dont expect to go very far in the playoffs.

Klivlend
03-22-2011, 04:07 PM
hahahhha KLIVLEND!?! this made me lol.......haha its not this tattoo. :facepalm:

Looks please please read this..this is for all KOBE HATERS. read it please.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/624641-top-5-five-ways-to-spot-a-kobe-bryant-hater/page/1
KLIVLEND READ #2

That link wasn't very helpful in explaining what his tattoo is about. I am genuinely asking what the story behind his tattoo is. I'm not 'hating' or something. Any explanation?

MelkyNYY
03-22-2011, 04:22 PM
The Lakers lost. Quit your *****ing knightstemplar.

Tony_Starks
03-22-2011, 04:56 PM
To be honest with you I don't think they'll be completely accepted as "elite" until they actually win a chip. That is completely unfair and messed up but at the end of the day they did it to themselves with that pompous celebration and the "..5,6..." championship predictions.

bringinwood
03-22-2011, 05:25 PM
They just need chemistry...

It's pretty simple... All three, before this season, were number 1 options on their respective franchises... You don't just go from being a number 1 option to a number 3 option without having some growing pains... They are doing much better than I thought they would this season, quite honestly...

Next season, they're won't be any people in this forum questioning their "elite" status...

I would guess they make a run at Jordan's 72 win bulls squad...

Raph12
03-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Another year or two...

mohye
03-22-2011, 05:39 PM
A good defensive center and a point guard that spreads the floor. They also need to run the ball thru Wade in crunch time as Lebrick has proved numerous times that he cant perform under pressure.