PDA

View Full Version : Al Jefferson leads league in scoring since allstar weekend

jimbobjarree
03-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Al Jefferson has been a ****ing beast in the last couple of months. Post all star break he has averaged 28 points (tied for best with Amare) 10.3 boards and 2.4 blocks a game whilst shooting 60% from the floor. I know we havn't won all that many games, but he's playing undersized at the 5 with little help on the perimeter to spread the floor (or by any of his team mates for that matter) and putting up crazy numbers (and a wild buzzer beating put back in Toronto).

Just wanted to make sure y'all knew since he doesn't play for New York or Miami, so you may have missed it.

asandhu23
03-11-2011, 07:18 PM
:yawn:

nygiants242
03-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Really nice stats. I was surprised to learn that his averages were that high. I did see him torch the Knicks though, and he looked unstoppable offensively.

However, regarding his defense, there is much left to be improved..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-11-2011, 07:21 PM
He's beasting again, looks like his knee is 100% finally.

jimbobjarree
03-11-2011, 07:22 PM

haha I was hesitant to post this because I didn't want to turn into you and your tedious obsession with Monta. I just had to let people know how badass Al has been playing recently.

Chi StateOfMind
03-11-2011, 07:22 PM
damn i didnt even know thanks for the info... beastly numbers:speechless:

jimbobjarree
03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Really nice stats. I was surprised to learn that his averages were that high. I did see him torch the Knicks though, and he looked unstoppable offensively.

However, regarding his defense, there is much left to be improved..

oh man, his pick and roll defense has to be among the worst in the league

Chi StateOfMind
03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
how has favors been doin in utah and devin harris

Bulls_fan90
03-11-2011, 07:25 PM
I noticed he's been beasting. Why couldn't he do this when Deron was still there? He seems to only dominate on losing teams.

redsox0717
03-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Big Al has always had a lot of talent, I still miss him in Boston- although his replacement was pretty good. :P

Go get 'em Al!

roshan3ai
03-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah Big Al is a freaking tank :)

jimbobjarree
03-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I noticed he's been beasting. Why couldn't he do this when Deron was still there? He seems to only dominate on losing teams.

If you look at his numbers, they've steadily improved throughout the season. They said the Jerry Sloan system was very complex to learn and get used to, so he struggled early. He also came into the season not in shape. Now he has began to fit in and get comfortable, his good form started before Deron was traded, but it has definitely excelled since under Ty Corbin.

As for us losing, every player and their mother have been injured recently. In Toronto we started Jeremy Evans at power forward (our 2nd rounder, 50-something pick last summer) and still beat the Raps. With the exception of the Knicks, we have either won games, or lost them by a handful of points. Just need to learn how to close out a close game without Deron.

And to the guy that asked about Favors and Harris. Both have impressed. We aren't used to having such a quick point guard in Harris, I think he's averaged around 15 and 7. He turns the ball over a lot less than Deron, and he can keep up with the quicker guards on defense. Favors comes off the bench, and looks like he could be a beast in the future, but we can afford to bring him along slowly with Al and Millsap around.

Ebbs
03-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Lol

goblazers7
03-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Leading the league in points per game

You even stated that hes tied, not leading. Tieing and leading are different. He's played well, but dont expect for this to continue. Its early march, theres still 8-10 games left in the month for the jazz to play. Lets talk then

Sadds The Gr8
03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
i noticed he's been playing disgusting lately...

John Walls Era
03-11-2011, 08:41 PM
So underrated. One of the best Cs that has post moves.

jimbobjarree
03-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Leading the league in points per game

You even stated that hes tied, not leading. Tieing and leading are different. He's played well, but dont expect for this to continue. Its early march, theres still 8-10 games left in the month for the jazz to play. Lets talk then

who **** on your wheaties this morning?

D-Will4Prez
03-11-2011, 08:52 PM
:love:

Jewelz0376
03-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I'll say the same thing I say when ever they have the KLove threads...

How many games have the jazz won since the all-star break??

ChiTownPacerFan
03-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Definitely the best offensive center in the western conference, maybe the whole league.

Gators123
03-11-2011, 09:28 PM
I've always been a fan of Big Al

roshan3ai
03-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Imagine if Al had Andre Miller dishing to him and Pierce and Battier outside! Damn wouldn't that team be scary!

DerekRE_3
03-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Says Mrs. Monta Ellis. **** off.

kblo247
03-11-2011, 10:30 PM
I'll say the same thing I say when ever they have the KLove threads...

How many games have the jazz won since the all-star break??

I agree about both. The stats are impressive but the actual impact on winning games, not bull **** shares isn't there and hasn't been there for either guy in their careers.

He is a blackhole who stats pads instead of helping his team to win. Not only that, but he isn't an overly great rebounder, good at drawing fouls, or interior defender either.

He and Love are everything Zach Randolph were pegged as being right now. Stat stuffing main pieces on losing teams who they don't actually help win games.

Utah would be better off with Jefferson on the shelf and a healthy Okur

Robbw241
03-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Wow what a stupid homer the OP must be.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-12-2011, 07:12 AM

lol

jimbobjarree
03-12-2011, 07:30 AM

Going all the way to Tampa for spring break just to log in and call me a loser at 10pm, sounds kinda ironic...

TheDiggler
03-12-2011, 08:00 AM
So underrated. One of the best Cs that has post moves.

+1 :clap:

Antipod
03-12-2011, 08:03 AM
He`s doing great. After D Will got traded, he`s UTAH`s main man.

kingbrentg
03-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Hope he sucks tonight.

magichatnumber9
03-12-2011, 08:41 AM
What would I do without you? Thank you, I didn't feel like going to the Jazz forum today.

gsgs49
03-12-2011, 08:57 AM
And what is Utah record since the allstar break? 3-6,losing to teams like the timberwolves by 21 points,sorry man but Al Jefferson is the definition of a ballhog his team is +6,7 points with him off the court.He is the biggest reason of Utah failure this year.

ragee
03-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Why couldn't he do it when Deron was still in Utah!

AIRMAR72
03-12-2011, 09:43 AM
3rd best post player in da game today

Crackadalic
03-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Their isnt enough post players like Al nowadays

X12Celtics3
03-12-2011, 11:38 AM
I loved having Jefferson on the Celtics. His defense is rather miserable, but his post moves are great.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I will always be a big Al fan, but I am also pretty happy the Wolves kept the right PF.

Jefferson can score. No doubt. But he totally slows the game down, stops the offense, doesn't play defense, and his game has slowly regressed since his injury a couple of years ago. I think when Favors matures, they may be able to slide Al back to PF, and if Favors can be that athletic defender he is projected to be, it will help Al's game.

But he is sooooooo slow with the ball when he catches. Catch, turn, look around a while, waste time on the clock, then go. Its just not an efficient way to play team offense.

dhopisthename
03-12-2011, 01:30 PM
I will always be a big Al fan, but I am also pretty happy the Wolves kept the right PF.

Jefferson can score. No doubt. But he totally slows the game down, stops the offense, doesn't play defense, and his game has slowly regressed since his injury a couple of years ago. I think when Favors matures, they may be able to slide Al back to PF, and if Favors can be that athletic defender he is projected to be, it will help Al's game.

But he is sooooooo slow with the ball when he catches. Catch, turn, look around a while, waste time on the clock, then go. Its just not an efficient way to play team offense.

I agree with most of that, and it isn't really that hard to guard him either. Just do what minnesota did and send 2-3 guys at him and you will be able to get either a strip or force him into a really tough shot, and don't really expect him to pass the ball either.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2011, 01:37 PM
I agree with most of that, and it isn't really that hard to guard him either. Just do what minnesota did and send 2-3 guys at him and you will be able to get either a strip or force him into a really tough shot, and don't really expect him to pass the ball either.

well, they obviously know his game better than anyone haha, so they know what to do. He just takes his time to the degree it hurts the offense at times. And his passing isn't horrid, but he can't make a skip pass to save his life, and just does the A-B easy pass, which doesn't make teams pay for sending help at him. You see the great PF's and they simply turn, stay patient, and wait for the defense to start rotating, and hit a man who can either take an easy shot, or at least gets the defense in scramble mode. AJ doesn't do this. His low post moves are still arguably the best in the NBA, but he just works too slow on the block.

Again though, I would love to see if Favors can develop. He had virtually the same height, reach, and athletic testing as D12 did at the NBA combine. I am not saying he is the next Dwight, but there is a good chance he could be that athletic center to help cover Big Al's defense in the post. Just hit the weightroom young man

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 01:43 PM
No surprise here, when Deron left everybody knew he would become the go to guy.

dhopisthename
03-12-2011, 01:50 PM
well, they obviously know his game better than anyone haha, so they know what to do. He just takes his time to the degree it hurts the offense at times. And his passing isn't horrid, but he can't make a skip pass to save his life, and just does the A-B easy pass, which doesn't make teams pay for sending help at him. You see the great PF's and they simply turn, stay patient, and wait for the defense to start rotating, and hit a man who can either take an easy shot, or at least gets the defense in scramble mode. AJ doesn't do this. His low post moves are still arguably the best in the NBA, but he just works too slow on the block.

Again though, I would love to see if Favors can develop. He had virtually the same height, reach, and athletic testing as D12 did at the NBA combine. I am not saying he is the next Dwight, but there is a good chance he could be that athletic center to help cover Big Al's defense in the post. Just hit the weightroom young man
no doubt about al's post moves, he could probably beat anyone in the nba, but I really like the potential of favors like said he was basically the same guy at the combine, but favors is already 15 pounds heavier then howard was at his age.

Flash3
03-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Beast