PDA

View Full Version : Win-Win Situation for the Nuggets/Knicks in their trade

JordansBulls
03-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Do you believe it is a win-win situation now that we have observed the Knicks and Nuggets after the Melo deal?

I certainly think both teams got better with this deal and it seems like a rarity that such a thing happens when a star is traded.

Knicks are 6-4 since getting Melo
Nuggets are 6-2 since trading him.

I think both teams benefit in the short term and long term from the deal.

Thoughts!! Do you think it was a Win-Win deal now that you have seen both teams?

Kashmir13579
03-11-2011, 01:02 PM
i can't pick any of these. i think there is an illusion that the Knicks and Nugs are both better, but i still don't see either team making noise in the playoffs.

Meatmypet
03-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Win win for sure. We're 6-4 without billups in our last 5 games. I can't see how having him back would make it any worst

koreancabbage
03-11-2011, 01:10 PM
i think in the long run, Denver will win this considering that the Knicks won't even win a championship with Stoudemire ROFL. How can a alpha lead power forward average 4 rebounds in the playoffs last year? that's worse than Andrea Bargnani!

NYtilIdie
03-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I feel it is a win/win. The Nuggets now have 2 potential starters on their bench with Chandler and Felton. They got young talent with potential and can now run up and down the floor more with a speedy PG in Lawson.

The Knicks are starting to click and are 6-2 (or 7-2) against playoff teams since the trade. We're seeing what some of the players in the deal can offer and honestly Anthony Carter surprised alot of us in the Knicks forum. Also I feel we're a better defensive team since the trade. We got our 2 star players so now we just gotta build a team around them.

NYtilIdie
03-11-2011, 01:12 PM
i think in the long run, Denver will win this considering that the Knicks won't even win a championship with Stoudemire ROFL. How can a alpha lead power forward average 4 rebounds in the playoffs last year? that's worse than Andrea Bargnani!

So you're saying Denver will win a title?

Chi StateOfMind
03-11-2011, 01:14 PM
short term great for both teams-long term GREAT for the knicks now they have a foundation to build around......long term for the nuggets idk b/c they have many free agents this year i wonder who they will resign and let go...

Slimsim
03-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Win/Win for both teams. Now guys like Chandler and gallo can finally get the respect they couldn't get in a Knicks jersey.

Crackadalic
03-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Win/Win for both teams. During our 6-4 run 5 of them were without Billups so we still havent seen how good we can be with him. Nuggets are playing more team basketball and got some nice solid pieces

king4day
03-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Denver needs to hang onto Chandler for them to win this. He's not going to be a superstar but he can be their leading scorer.
I hope Phoenix makes a push for him this offseason.

knicks_champ
03-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Denver needs to hang onto Chandler for them to win this. He's not going to be a superstar but he can be their leading scorer.

:cry: This is the first time I heard someone say that about him.

Damn players do get respect once they leave the Knicks. :mad:

PrettyBoyJ
03-11-2011, 01:45 PM
They Both playing well.. so for now its a win win... And Denver might get ore if they move raymond felton.. I didnt expect Ty Lawson to step up as much as he did

Chi StateOfMind
03-11-2011, 01:46 PM
i wanna know who voted knicks got better denver got worse b/c last i checked

denver 6-2
ny6-4

im not a knicks fan but to ignore both teams success thus far is dumb

knicks_champ
03-11-2011, 01:48 PM

denver 6-2
ny6-4

Click view results, it tells you there. Both guys are not Knicks fans, so don't come at us partner. :eyebrow:

icon1914
03-11-2011, 01:49 PM

You make a solid point about Chandler, but it actually goes a bit further than that. Will Denver resign Chandler this offseason, and Gallo next year? Will they pick up the option on Felton? Are they ready to commit to these players, or are they just assets to the front office?

Until we see what Denver wants to do with these upcoming contracts, it will be hard to make have a solid opinion about the matter. Are they willing to make Chandler, Felton, and Gallo a part of the future?

Crackadalic
03-11-2011, 01:52 PM

denver 6-2
ny6-4

Do people realize that we didnt have Billups for 5 straight games? TD starting makes our bench weaker. Lets see how much better we can get when he comes back

MrfadeawayJB
03-11-2011, 01:52 PM
As of right now, looks like a win-win....but it is early in the season. I still feel like NY could have given up one less player, but they got the sure thing which is better than wait for the "possibility" of signing melo in the offseason

Chi StateOfMind
03-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Click view results, it tells you there. Both guys are not Knicks fans, so don't come at us partner. :eyebrow:

i didnt call out knicks fans so dont get ur panties in a bunch:p

Chi StateOfMind
03-11-2011, 01:57 PM
i think someone should ask the question who will have a brighter future and in that case ny would....and i really like the nuggets NEW team at first i thought losing melo would bring denver down a notch but it has been the complete oppsosite.....and ny will only get better they just need to add a couple of bigs and they'll be good for a while.....

JordansBulls
03-12-2011, 05:34 PM
i think someone should ask the question who will have a brighter future and in that case ny would....and i really like the nuggets NEW team at first i thought losing melo would bring denver down a notch but it has been the complete oppsosite.....and ny will only get better they just need to add a couple of bigs and they'll be good for a while.....

NY would have the brighter future because they have 2 stars, but both teams won this deal.

Anilyzer
03-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Do you believe it is a win-win situation now that we have observed the Knicks and Nuggets after the Melo deal?

I certainly think both teams got better with this deal and it seems like a rarity that such a thing happens when a star is traded.

Knicks are 6-4 since getting Melo
Nuggets are 6-2 since trading him.

I think both teams benefit in the short term and long term from the deal.

Thoughts!! Do you think it was a Win-Win deal now that you have seen both teams?

Nuggets are "winners" now. Gallinari makes them a "winner"

TO Rapz
03-12-2011, 06:07 PM
As of right now, looks like a win-win....but it is early in the season. I still feel like NY could have given up one less player, but they got the sure thing which is better than wait for the "possibility" of signing melo in the offseason

Since when?

Panthers4life
03-12-2011, 06:19 PM
both teams got better, but denver got way deeper. their two deep and each position and don't really miss a beat with each in

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Nuggets better, Knicks worse

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Nuggets got worse losing a star player like melo. It will show more in a entire season and playoffs. You don't lose a star player in this type of league and get role players back and really think you got better or even more interesting to watch. Nuggets games are being bumped off of national TV games cause of the trade. KNICKS win, Nuggets lose. Stars like melo don't grow on trees. Role players the knicks gave up can be replaced way more easily.

IBleedPurple
03-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Nuggets got worse losing a star player like melo. It will show more in a entire season and playoffs. You don't lose a star player in this type of league and get role players back and really think you got better or even more interesting to watch. Nuggets games are being bumped off of national TV games cause of the trade. KNICKS win, Nuggets lose. Stars like melo don't grow on trees. Role players the knicks gave up can be replaced way more easily.

I partially agree with the superstar factor. For the Nuggets to be perennial contenders, they'll need a superstar at some point. They will have a fair amount of cap space in coming years though.

They are finally playing team basketball without Melo, but Billups was the bigger loss. Nice to not have a ball stopper though, which isn't a requirement of a good scorer.

abe_froman
03-12-2011, 08:21 PM
yeah,both sides/fanbases seem pretty happy with what they got.so seems fair/equal to me

JordansBulls
03-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Nuggets better, Knicks worse

It is kinda strange now that the Knicks have lost there last 3 and are 5-5 in their last 10 while the Nuggets won there last 3 and are 8-2 in their last 10 now.

ChiDougie19
03-16-2011, 11:11 AM
both ended up very well

Team*Chicago
03-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I have to say the Nuggets gotton better and the Knicks gotton worse defenesivly because there's evidence that shows which team gotton better or worse in that trade.

After the trade
Nuggets 7-2
Knicks 6-4

Rentzias
03-16-2011, 11:24 AM
It is kinda strange now that the Knicks have lost there last 3 and are 5-5 in their last 10 while the Nuggets won there last 3 and are 8-2 in their last 10 now.

Although we're about to face real competition now. Boston game aside (probably combination road trip plus Denver adrenaline post-trade), the Hawks (who we rematch tonight) and Hornets were as close to top level teams as we've faced, where NY has faced Dallas, Orlando and Miami. Granted we didn't lose to Cleveland twice or had any back-to-back losses yet, but Denver still has to be really tested. NY lost its starting PG and Chandler, we've only had to insert Chandler into our lineup and keep the starting rotation.

I say we look at it all again after this ATL, ORL, MIA road trip for the Nugs to get a better sample.

ManRam
03-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Definition of a win/win trade.

People can point out how the Knicks have lost some games since the trade, that's fine. They weren't going anywhere seriously far before the trade. They now have a serious top 5-10 player in the NBA to build around. Those don't grow on trees. The Nuggets obviously got a hell of a package for Melo.

I think it was one of the better trades in the history of the game. Yes: the history.

No reason to judge this after 10 games. Judge this after 10 years maybe. The Knicks weren't going to win a playoff series trade or no trade...that wasn't their goal. Some Knicks fans might have gotten excited, but that wasn't the ultimate goal. This is a long term process.

JordansBulls
03-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Although we're about to face real competition now. Boston game aside (probably combination road trip plus Denver adrenaline post-trade), the Hawks (who we rematch tonight) and Hornets were as close to top level teams as we've faced, where NY has faced Dallas, Orlando and Miami. Granted we didn't lose to Cleveland twice or had any back-to-back losses yet, but Denver still has to be really tested. NY lost its starting PG and Chandler, we've only had to insert Chandler into our lineup and keep the starting rotation.

I say we look at it all again after this ATL, ORL, MIA road trip for the Nugs to get a better sample.

What is strange is that the Knicks are 6-3 now with Melo against winning teams and only 1-6 against losing teams. How can that be?

Jenceman
03-22-2011, 04:29 PM
What is strange is that the Knicks are 6-3 now with Melo against winning teams and only 1-6 against losing teams. How can that be?

Playing down to what they consider lesser opponents maybe.

76erEaglePhils
03-22-2011, 07:27 PM
They Both playing well.. so for now its a win win... And Denver might get ore if they move raymond felton.. I didnt expect Ty Lawson to step up as much as he didMy *** the knicks look like a huge pile of **** after the trade what a homer you are. Now you got it right about the nuggets.

Rentzias
03-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Thoughts after the road trip? They were in the ORL game and lost on a well-defended buzzer beater; I didn't think they were in the MIA game at all, even when they came back to make it close at times, it required huge runs.

I'm not sure what to make of the Knicks situation, but the Nuggets are in that "Dangerous" tier, but by no means in the "Contender" tier.

What?
03-23-2011, 12:52 AM
I think the Knicks are a better team today then they were before the trade even if there record doesn't show it... but long term there worse off I know it was unlikely Carmelo Anthony signed unless a trade but they should have taken the risk. They got rid of all there flexibility and trade assets for a guy they may have been able to get in the offseason. The contract they signed him to also makes the probability of getting a CP3 or a Dwight Howard slim to none unless there willing to sign 50% off. ESPECIALLY with the possibility of a hardcap or/and a lowered cap

Denver obviously won because they got a bunch of young talented players with good contracts for a unhappy superstar

KnicksorBust
03-23-2011, 11:06 AM

People can point out how the Knicks have lost some games since the trade, that's fine. They weren't going anywhere seriously far before the trade. They now have a serious top 5-10 player in the NBA to build around. Those don't grow on trees. The Nuggets obviously got a hell of a package for Melo.

I think it was one of the better trades in the history of the game. Yes: the history.

No reason to judge this after 10 games. Judge this after 10 years maybe. The Knicks weren't going to win a playoff series trade or no trade...that wasn't their goal. Some Knicks fans might have gotten excited, but that wasn't the ultimate goal. This is a long term process.

Great post.

We only play tough defense against good players. Melo's trying to be in perfect defensive stance against Paul Pierce but slacks off and lets Carlos Delfino rip him for 30 points. It's embarassing. I was hoping when George Karl called him out for his bad defense that would fire him up to play good D more consistently. I was wrong.

Evolution23
03-23-2011, 06:05 PM

Glad some one is smart enough to see that winning is a process, not a over night thing.