PDA

View Full Version : Sixers vs. Knicks: Who would you take head to head?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bringbackfredex
03-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Yes, I'm aware that due to their current positions that they will not be a 1st round matchup this year. However I am interested to see the arguments presented about who is the better team and who you all would take head to head. Philadelphia/New York in any sport always seems to be a good debate, so lets get it started.

In my opinion:

Holiday > Billups
Meeks < Fields
Iguodala < Anthony
Brand < Stoudemire
Hawes > Turiaf

Bench: Sixers > Knicks

The obvious depth advantage goes to the Sixers, as they have guys like Turner, Thad, Lou coming off of their bench and the Knicks have basically no one. The Knicks' star power would give them a slight advantage at times, but all-around the Sixers have a better team IMO and would win a series between the two at this point.

Slimsim
03-11-2011, 12:26 PM
What's the point of this thread ? Neither will see each other in the first round and the chances of them getting to the second rounds is already slim

bringbackfredex
03-11-2011, 12:30 PM
What's the point of this thread ? Neither will see each other in the first round and the chances of them getting to the second rounds is already slim

Just an interesting debate since Philadelphia and New York always draws alot of attention.

And no offense, but I hate it when people like you complain about hypothetical threads like this when there are like 4 "NBA Redraft" threads that don't really serve a purpose either.

JDink24
03-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Sixers......because I'm a homer.:D

bringbackfredex
03-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Sixers......because I'm a homer.:D

Even putting homerism aside, I don't think the Knicks can compete with the team they have until they begin to build around Anthony and Amare, which is why I started this thread.

Once you look passed the stars, the Sixers would have a lot of advantages against the Knicks.

Jaydes
03-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Just an interesting debate since Philadelphia and New York always draws alot of attention.

And no offense, but I hate it when people like you complain about hypothetical threads like this when there are like 4 "NBA Redraft" threads that don't really serve a purpose either.

THIS!

I would unfortunately have to go with the Knicks on this one. Where I do agree with your assessment on the one on one match ups....Iguodala < Anthony; Brand < Stoudimire is where we will have the issue.

Melo and Stat can take over games....we have not established a game changer or some one that can take over a single game.

Not to say it would be a blow out either way...but the Knicks will take us in a best of 7....I think.

However, if we had a legit center? Sweep

justinnum1
03-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Sixers for sure

dtmagnet
03-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Sixers actually play defense.

johnnychan
03-11-2011, 12:42 PM
I'll say Sixers, all-around I think they're better. Knicks fans will run this poll though.

Minimal
03-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Ima go with Sixers, due to their coaching, defense and depth.

bringbackfredex
03-11-2011, 12:43 PM
THIS!

I would unfortunately have to go with the Knicks on this one. Where I do agree with your assessment on the one on one match ups....Iguodala < Anthony; Brand < Stoudimire is where we will have the issue.

Melo and Stat can take over games....we have not established a game changer or some one that can take over a single game.

Not to say it would be a blow out either way...but the Knicks will take us in a best of 7....I think.

However, if we had a legit center? Sweep

I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I do somewhat disagree. Granted we don't have anyone to take over a game, but in a series like this I don't think we would need one. The thing is, I would really only be worried about the Amare/Brand matchup. Iguodala plays good defense and Anthony does not, so they basically cancel each other out.

If we could find a way to contain Amare, I think we could easily win a series against them. And I completely agree that if we had a legit center that it wouldn't even be close.

Slimsim
03-11-2011, 12:50 PM

There's a lot of Knicks homers on PSD and there's also a lot of People on PSD that dislike or troll Knicks related thread because it's fun to troll a bigger fan base. that's why i expect Philly to get majority of the votes. If it was Philly and Atlanta you might see more of a reasonable debate. Anyway I Think Philly Beat us in 6 Andre can guard melo without A double team. Amare have a advantage but he tends to do to much at times. Philly has the best bench we probably have the worst Behind Miami. Philly plays better Defense.

FNM BOY
03-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Sixers...no super stars...but a better coach...better team concept and chemistry...and relentless D!!!

faze38
03-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Knicks. The Sixers barely beat the Knicks before Melo got there now with him there they have no chance. Also Holiday is not better then Billups not yet anyways! As far as coming of the Bench the 76er may have the advantage there thanks to Young but the Knicks have the luxury of always having a star on the floor so even with the bench players in the game the Knicks will get open shots and have a player that can dominate on the floor.

Hustla23
03-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Did you really just say Holiday is better than Billups? :facepalm:

roshan3ai
03-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Did you just say that Holliday is better than Billups? :confused:

roshan3ai
03-11-2011, 12:55 PM

:laugh: I posted like two seconds after you. Wow

Chi StateOfMind
03-11-2011, 12:56 PM
ima go with the knicks on this one even tho philly may have a deeper team and they play defense i dont see philly scorin at the pace of the knicks...

PhillyFaninLA
03-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Sixers because I don't believe Amar or Melo are winners, I think they are great stat guys like TO, OchoCinco, or Moss. Guys that look great and are borderline HOFers or HOFers but just aren't winners (that doesn't mean you don't win a series or two and show flashed but you don't win titles with those type of guys)....and I take the Sixers because they are close enough to allow my homerism to kick in.

I am a Sixers fan but with all the Superteam talk this team is interesting because they throw 8 or so good to really good players at you. The Sixers are well coached and can keep coming.

If the Sixers can upset a team in the first round or at least not get embarrassed you see an alternative to the superteams.

Hugbees
03-11-2011, 12:59 PM
This shouldn't even be a question.. are people really this biased against the knicks or just that clueless?

I usually don't side with either, but cmon you have to begin to realize at some point wow...

JordansBulls
03-11-2011, 01:07 PM
They want meet unless both teams knock off the #2 and #3 seeds.

bringbackfredex
03-11-2011, 01:09 PM

Did you just say that Holliday is better than Billups? :confused:

I absolutely did you fellow Knicks homers :rolleyes:

Holiday: 13.9 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 6.3 APG, .448 FG%
Billups: 17.0 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 5.4 APG, .434 FG%

Next time look at more than points per game boys :clap:

haggis
03-11-2011, 01:16 PM
I kinda think defense is important to win in the playoffs... so i guess sixers?

nyanks79
03-11-2011, 01:17 PM

Haha why dont you. Billups has a better PER, kills him in TS% and beats him in WS too. And he turns it over less.

JonnyBrav000
03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Knicks would no doubt beat the Sixers in a 7 game series. Knicks 4, Sixers 2.

sixers have no one to stop both Melo and Stat (clutch players), yes Iggy plays D, but in the NBA star power is star power and the Sixers have none. Btw, I agree the Knicks have a thin bench, but Jeffries, Williams (both) and Douglas provide some help.

Also I would disagree with Holiday > Billups
No, Billups is a championship PG, older, but still better than Holiday. Billups is a floor general, and a coach on the court, deadly shooter, clutch and a decent defender. Holiday is a good up and coming guy, but he is not there yet.

Billups > Holiday

No doubt about it. Anyone saying anything else is a numbers guy, I bet no anylists or NBA players would agree with Holiday being better.

Knicks > Sixers

Meatmypet
03-11-2011, 01:20 PM

Billups has won out already and a finals mvp. that's an insult to billups comparing holiday to him. Lol.
Oh, his leadership priceless.

Kashmir13579
03-11-2011, 01:23 PM

this.

plus, the Sixers have better depth than D'antoni's Suns did. all of those teams have no depth just by default. in reality, if developed and given minutes the bench would be just fine.

with that said, nothing surprises me in the NBA. either team could win on any given night or in the playoffs.

Crackadalic
03-11-2011, 01:24 PM

Billups: Per 19.4 TS%.636 eFG%532
Holiday:Per15.5 TS%526 eFG%489

Advance is better then per so Billups>Holiday. When Holiday actually knows how to win in the postseason then you might have a argument. Id take a 34 Billups who won a chip and finals MVP over a 20 kid who hasnt hit his prime yet.

Back to the real question. I agree the 76ers are really good. There bench is way better then ours but overall there not as good as us. Yes you guys play defense buy ive seen this post trade team enough that when it counts(playoffs) there defense will be at least ok to good. You guys dont have a real closer on your team so in a 7 games series i cant see you guys beating the knicks. You coach did a good job on that team though so id give him props

Hugbees
03-11-2011, 01:25 PM

exactly, and how about we take it further and say lets look more into actual play i.e leadership defense and court presence rather than stats boy.

Billups no question.

Kashmir13579
03-11-2011, 01:26 PM
exactly, and how about lets take it further and say lets look more into actual play i.e leadership and court presence rather than stats boy.

Billups no question.

Billups' stats win either way. this dude doesn't know what he's talking about.

Hustla23
03-11-2011, 01:27 PM

lol This is a serious post?

Kash, you wanna handle this one?

This is too easy. Really, dude, it's not even remotely close between the two. Holiday isn't fit to lick the **** off of the soles of Billups's shoes.

Meatmypet
03-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Billups' stats win either way. this dude doesn't know what he's talking about.

OP is from new jersey, only natural for him to hate the knicks :D

knicks_champ
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Knicks.

Melo with Billups and Amare is too much for them.

Our defense has improved since the trade with Billups. They step up when need be.
The bench is different for us because we don't use much of the bench. We got key players like Tony and Williams coming off the bench with Turiaf.

Not to be a homer but the Knicks are the better team head to head.

magichatnumber9
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
I would watch that game!

sixer04fan
03-11-2011, 01:31 PM
The question should be "Which team would you rather NOT face in the first round?" directed towards Boston, Chicago, Miami, and Orlando fans. It would avoid baiting and would be much more relevant. Instead this thread is just going to be overrun by bandwagon Knicks fans.

knicks_champ
03-11-2011, 01:34 PM
The question should be "Which team would you rather NOT face in the first round?" directed towards Boston, Chicago, Miami, and Orlando fans. It would avoid baiting and would be much more relevant. Instead this thread is just going to be overrun by bandwagon Knicks fans.

Bad idea. Watch everyone now compare the Boston/Chicago/Miami/Orlando roster to the Knicks and Sixers. Lol You just created something worse!

knicks_champ
03-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Wait Wait WAit!!! Did he really say that PG of their's is better than Billups. Homerism 101 :facepalm:

That's like me saying Melo has better defense than Iggy. Which I know is not true.

twoearl
03-11-2011, 01:45 PM
It's NY by a mile. lol

Jetsguy
03-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Yes, I'm aware that due to their current positions that they will not be a 1st round matchup this year. However I am interested to see the arguments presented about who is the better team and who you all would take head to head. Philadelphia/New York in any sport always seems to be a good debate, so lets get it started.

In my opinion:

Holiday > BillupsMeeks < Fields
Iguodala < Anthony
Brand < Stoudemire
Hawes > Turiaf

The obvious depth advantage goes to the Sixers, as they have guys like Turner, Thad, Lou coming off of their bench and the Knicks have basically no one. The Knicks' star power would give them a slight advantage at times, but all-around the Sixers have a better team IMO and would win a series between the two at this point.

I bolded where I stopped reading

chicago lulz
03-11-2011, 01:52 PM
It's close. Would make for some entertaining games I'm sure.

LebronJamesWest
03-11-2011, 01:53 PM
didnt you guys let up 130 points last night? sixers are a better team, the knicks have bigger names

xxplayerxx23
Billups Is the better pg...

LebronJamesWest
this:clap:

Crackadalic
03-11-2011, 01:59 PM
didnt you guys let up 130 points last night? sixers are a better team, the knicks have bigger names

Not having Billups and playing our 7 game in 10 nights does that. Doesnt help we have 18 games to play in march in a 30 day span which is kinda crazy but no excuses for our poor defensive effort last night. It was horrendous

phillyfan1
03-11-2011, 01:59 PM
The problem with the sixers is that they have nobody to close out games, which has haunted them all season long...they do have the better bench and a MUCH better coach...but having guys like Melo and Amare to close out games...i think you would have to give the Knicks a slight edge...that doesnt mean the Sixers wouldnt win in a head-to-head matchup...but we wont have to worry about that this year in the playoffs

Jetsguy
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
is there any word/phrase overused more on PSD than homer? So dumb, why cant it just be that the team with the most votes is the team who most people believe would win in a series?

If your team is not the popular opinion everyone else is a homer.

Hustla23
03-11-2011, 02:02 PM
The Sixers match up really well with the Knicks, that's for sure. They also have plenty of depth and some really underrated young talent.

I think the series would go to 6 or 7 with the Knicks coming out victorious, simply because they're more talented.

LebronJamesWest
03-11-2011, 02:03 PM
is there any word/phrase overused more on PSD than homer? So dumb, why cant it just be that the team with the most votes is the team who most people believe would win in a series?

If your team is not the popular opinion everyone else is a homer.

says the homer knicks fan...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I do somewhat disagree. Granted we don't have anyone to take over a game, but in a series like this I don't think we would need one. The thing is, I would really only be worried about the Amare/Brand matchup. Iguodala plays good defense and Anthony does not, so they basically cancel each other out.
If we could find a way to contain Amare, I think we could easily win a series against them. And I completely agree that if we had a legit center that it wouldn't even be close.

Lol :facepalm: yesss... that's exactly right they cancel eachother out.

Punk
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Lol The Sixers are better than the Knicks? If that's the case they wouldn't have been 3-13.

Last meeting, we beat them easily. Don't tell me some crap about how better they are because they beat teams that they are supposed to beat.

They haven't beat Atlanta, Miami, Utah, Memphis, Portland, San Antonio, OKC, etc.

This is just as stupid and moronic as the fools who were on the Nuggets bandwagon when Gallinari, Chandler and Felton were overrated before they were traded to Denver. Now, they leave the Knicks and the Nuggets have the greatest role players ever.

Jetsguy
03-11-2011, 02:11 PM
says the homer knicks fan...

Because I think the Knicks would beat the Sixers in a 7 game series?

SeoulBeatz
03-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Sorry but Billups>Holiday at this point.
But the Sixers play much tougher D and have more depth than NY.

We are 2-1 against them this year without melo, I don't know, I think it would be a pretty even matchup.

Our roster gets overlooked because we don't have any big names but we have a lot of players with talent.

sixer04fan
03-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Some of us but not every knick fan is a big homer. Our Defense sucks and our bench is weak. 76ers are a really good team plays D and heart and is well coach. In a 7 game serious i just dont seem them beating the knicks. They lost against OKC proves they cant win a close game against a good team unless they have a closer like a KD Kobe melo Dwade

A reasonable Knicks fan who knows what he's talking about? wtf?

sixer04fan
03-11-2011, 02:18 PM
But seriously, Billups > Jrue... I love Jrue, he's got amazing potential and he's only 20, but come on now. Saying Jrue is better than Billups right now is just silly.

latinofire21
03-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Although I like the way the Sixers have came together, I still feel like they are overachieving. Igoudala has never played this good before and I dont think this is a permanent Igoudala we are seeing. Similar to the way Amare couldnt miss for the first month of the season.

I would go with the Knicks and I dont even think this is close.
Billups is better then Holliday
Fields is better then Meeks
Carmelo is better then Igoudala
Stoudemire is better then Brand
I like Hawes so I will give you Hawes over Jefferies although I think that can be really debatable. Turiaf isnt the starter anymore.

I think the Knicks bench is undervalued because of how good there starting lineup is. Philly does have a deeper bench but we play a shorter rotation so I think that point is pretty moot.

Dantoni only plays 8 guys so the remainder of the bench could be me you and your best friend and it wouldnt matter to Dantoni. We wouldnt see the court.

I dont like the way Dantoni coaches but thats the way he does things so i guess thats all i can say.

As to regards of the bench guys like Shawn Williams didnt play at all in the beginning of th season and all of a sudden now starts on occassion and is usually second off the bench. Roger Mason is giving the knicks quality minutes as well as Jefferies Walker, Turiaf Douglas and Carter. I think the bench is pretty even when you see how both teams play.

My main point for picking Knicks over Sixers is the style of play. The only way the Sixers can beat the knicks is if they slow down the pace. If the Knicks get up early on them I dont see how the sixers can slow down the game playing catch up all game.

Even if you guys got a legit center I still dont think you could beat them because of the playing style. Its difficult to shut down Amare and Carmelo at the beginning of the game and if you can KUDOS to you.

I hope the Knicks try and get Dalembert Big Baby Davis and Jamal Crawford in the offseason to fill out the team! I think that would create some serious problems for any team facing them.

pd7631
03-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Lol The Sixers are better than the Knicks? If that's the case they wouldn't have been 3-13.

Last meeting, we beat them easily. Don't tell me some crap about how better they are because they beat teams that they are supposed to beat.

They haven't beat Atlanta, Miami, Utah, Memphis, Portland, San Antonio, OKC, etc.

This is just as stupid and moronic as the fools who were on the Nuggets bandwagon when Gallinari, Chandler and Felton were overrated before they were traded to Denver. Now, they leave the Knicks and the Nuggets have the greatest role players ever.

Ummm, we actually did beat most of those teams, and we beat Utah WITH Deron Williams, unlike you guys. We've also beat New Orleans, Chicago, Orlando, Phoenix(x2), Denver(x2 with Melo/Billups), and we are up 2-1 on the Knicks this year.

So we have done a good job against top competition, and there have been a lot of losses we had early on that should've been wins (Washington x2, Orlando). We've also held our own against Dallas, OKC, Boston(x2). So, in short, we have not just been feasting off of the lower tier teams and done nothing against the best of the best.

Sixers also have won 64% of their games since January 1st. So you can just forget about that 3-13 start because we are not that team.

All that said, I think a series between these 2 teams would go 7 games and I really can't pick a winner. Knicks have the 2 best players and Billups, but nothing after that, so it would be a coin flip.

JonnyBrav000
03-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I like the sixers, but some sometimes annoying people have stupid things to say and it makes you really shake your head. Jrue is not better than Billups. Also Iggy defense does not cancel out Melo's offense, thats just dumb. It would be a good series, but IMO the Knicks are the better pick for this matchup. The sixers cannot really expose the greatest weakness the Knicks have and that's inside presence. Also the sixers would not be able to stop the Knicks offensively and in the clutch. Knicks D ain't great but on some nights decent and the offense is pretty much always on fire! Pretty sure teams like the Bulls, Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Heat would all rather face the Sixers than the Knicks.

Like I said before, in a 7 game series, Knicks 4, Sixers 2.

knicksfan42
03-11-2011, 02:22 PM

Billups is better no doubt, I understand the huge amount of blatant hatred for the Knicks that exists on the forum, but come on.

TS Efg% Ast% TOV% Ortg Drtg WS

Billups .636 .532 25.5 15.9 121 111 6.5

Holiday .526 .489 28.2 16.5 105 105 4.6

Oh and to the guy saying Amare and Melo aren't winners, in the context of this comparison. Are you ****ing serious? Amare and Melo have individually been to the playoffs more times than evetyone on the sixers combined. Oh and winning a series? No one on the Sixers has won ****. Amare's team made it out of the first round almost every year, Melo's team has never missed the playoffs and he's been to the WCF, Billups is a finals MVP championship. If winning is a factor in who wins between the Knicks and 76ers then it favors the Knicks.

Billups > Holiday

Fields > Meeks or Turner

Melo > Iguodala

Amare > Brand

Turiaf < Hawes

Bench < Bench

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Sixers play much better team basketball, they are better head to head.

LebronJamesWest
03-11-2011, 03:13 PM
the knicks have 2 more losses than the nuggets since the trade, knicks are 6-4 and the nuggets are 6-2, just for kicks, the sixers are 6-2, "how is that possible, carmelo is so super great?"

YankeeClipper5
03-11-2011, 03:22 PM
the knicks have 2 more losses than the nuggets since the trade, knicks are 6-4 and the nuggets are 6-2, just for kicks, the sixers are 6-2, "how is that possible, carmelo is so super great?"

All you proved is that the Knicks have played 2 more games than the Nuggets and Sixers.

Kashmir13579
03-11-2011, 03:31 PM
lol This is a serious post?

Kash, you wanna handle this one?

This is too easy. Really, dude, it's not even remotely close between the two. Holiday isn't fit to lick the **** off of the soles of Billups's shoes.

LOL nah man i can't even waste my time with that.

LebronJamesWest
03-11-2011, 03:33 PM
All you proved is that the Knicks have played 2 more games than the Nuggets and Sixers.

youre right, if both of those teams played the cavaliers twice, theyd lose to them twice, only a great team could lose to the cavaliers TWICE!!!

jonline87
03-11-2011, 03:33 PM

Well, there are a lot of factors to consider, but judging by your post, I don't think you're capable of intelligent thought.

allSUAVE
03-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I See no point in this tread ,what *** .I bet bringbackfredex is a sorry Net fan ..the worst team in the NBA that have a superstar SAD :(

LebronJamesWest
03-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Well, there are a lot of factors to consider, but judging by your post, I don't think you're capable of intelligent thought.

you are absolutely correct, one of the factors being that both the nuggets and the sixers are better than the knicks

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Though the starting line-ups are key match-ups, at the same time, the bench is HUGE, as is coaching, and the Sixers win both from where I'm sitting.

blastmasta26
03-11-2011, 03:43 PM
I See no point in this tread ,what *** .I bet bringbackfredex is a sorry Net fan ..the worst team in the NBA that have a superstar SAD :(
Umm...bringbackfredex is referring to Freddie Mitchell, so I'm assuming he's a fan of Philly teams.

LebronJamesWest
03-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Though the starting line-ups are key match-ups, at the same time, the bench is HUGE, as is coaching, and the Sixers win both from where I'm sitting.

and its not even close, the sixers have 4-5 guys on their bench that would be the best bench player for the knicks

allSUAVE
03-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Lol PSD never seize to Amaze me.

meloman1592
03-11-2011, 03:49 PM
I stopped reading after you said holiday is better than billups

Kashmir13579
03-11-2011, 03:49 PM
and its not even close, the sixers have 4-5 guys on their bench that would be the best bench player for the knicks

so the Sixers are going to be playing 11 guys in the playoffs? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

LebronJamesWest, (terrible played-out name btw) D'antoni's Suns did what they did playing 7 guys.
While i'm not a fan of D'antoni, i hate him actually, his methods have been proven to get 60 wins in a season (with the right offensive talent)

you think D'antoni is worried about the Sixer's bench? he's gonna play Amar'e, 'Melo, Fields, Billups, Jeffries, Douglas, Williams, and MAYBE Bill Walker. MAYBE.

EDIT::facepalm:

Weezy
03-11-2011, 03:51 PM
so the Sixers are going to be playing 11 guys in the playoffs? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

LebronJamesWest, (terrible played-out name btw) D'antoni's Suns did what they did playing 7 guys.
While i'm not a fan of D'antoni, i hate him actually, his methods have been proven to get 60 wins in a season (with the right offensive talent)

you think D'antoni is worried about the Sixer's bench? he's gonna play Amar'e, 'Melo, Fields, Billups, Jeffries, Douglas, Williams, and MAYBE Bill Walker. MAYBE.

So adding that extra facepalm in your post gives an additional affect in making the poster look dumb.. or in this case.. a lot more dumber. Is this even possible?

YankeeClipper5
03-11-2011, 03:53 PM

So the Knicks are worried about the 9th and 10th guys coming off the bench?

YankeeClipper5
03-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Seriously, where's DoMeFavors??????

Meatmypet
03-11-2011, 03:56 PM

We're 6-4 without the floor general playing. Lol.

Kashmir13579
03-11-2011, 03:56 PM
So adding that extra facepalm in your post gives an additional affect in making the poster look dumb.. or in this case.. a lot more dumber. Is this even possible?

HA! thats my trademark, Weez. i only use it in rare occasions.

Q_bully
03-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Being a Die Hard NET fan .I Voted for the Sixers because I hate the Knicks that bad and I thought the Sixers had no votes,but I was wrong lol .but we all know that The Knicks better than the sixers .Nets are better than both tho :)

Hustla23
03-11-2011, 04:00 PM

LOL at the parenthetical calling him out for his name. hahahahaha

faze38
03-11-2011, 04:01 PM

U are nothing but a hater! I mean are u really going to start talking bad on a team that has only played ten games together! I mean what makes it even crazier is they beat 5 above .500 teams! So by the time the playoffs come who ever has to face them should be very afraid!

allSUAVE
Seriously, where's DoMeFavors??????

Lebronjameswest is DoMeFavors !!

jonline87
you are absolutely correct, one of the factors being that both the nuggets and the sixers are better than the knicks

Maybe you don't realize but the Knicks gutted 3/5 of their starting lineup plus their sixth man. The Nuggets' core remained intact and the Sixers have had the same team all season. You can't make an argument based solely on the teams records since the trade. I'm sorry, but that's not a sound argument at all.

Weezy
03-11-2011, 04:02 PM

You should quote yourself... and put this in your own sig. Congratulations on making yourself the noob of the week. That is how terrible this looks and sounds. How about you say this out loud before posting it?

Worth a shot?

jonline87
03-11-2011, 04:05 PM
You should quote yourself... and put this in your own sig. That is how terrible this looks and sounds. How about you say this out loud before posting it?

Worth a shot?

It's like arguing with a wall. It has no grasp of reason.

YankeeClipper5
03-11-2011, 04:07 PM
We're 6-4 without the floor general playing. Lol.

3/5 new starters, guys off are bench that are getting more mins than before the trade. Half our team is in Denver now and the Sixers have had pretty much the same team all year.

And I'm not bashing the Sixers or Nuggets. Both good teams.

jonline87
03-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Knicks 46, Sicxers 21.

Knicks have about 50% more votes so they'll win the series with 50% more wins.

Knicks in 6.

Doesn't make any sense? Neither does this thread.

Kashmir13579
03-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Knicks 46, Sicxers 21.

Knicks in 6.

your sig is the only thing in here that makes ANY sense. IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! (Johnny Cochran voice)

Meatmypet
03-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Knicks 46, Sicxers 21.

Knicks in 6.

Dude, you should seriously get into Stand-Up Comedy :laugh:

NYKnicks4511
03-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Even putting homerism aside, I don't think the Knicks can compete with the team they have until they begin to build around Anthony and Amare, which is why I started this thread.

Once you look passed the stars, the Sixers would have a lot of advantages against the Knicks.

This is a homer post if I've ever seen one.

"Once you look past the stars" ... that's a legit 50 points every night between two guys alone. Holiday > Billups is a joke as well. Jrue may very well end up being better than Chauncey, but not at this point in his career. Chauncey's clutch factor is off the charts, and more importantly he complements Amare and Melo perfectly.

When Billups is playing, it makes it tough for other teams to double off of him to guard Melo/Stat.

Even though this is completely hypothetical, I'll take the Knicks in 5. The Sixers have only a handful of impressive wins this season (Orlando, Chicago, San Antonio), all teams that the Knicks are capable or already have beaten this season.

Nobody wants to see Carmelo and Amar'e come playoff time.

jonline87
03-11-2011, 04:15 PM
If this was a hypothetical series, maybe the Sixers have a shot, but in a real-playoff series the Sixers have no shot against three playoff tested future hall of famers, two of them just entering their primes.

jonline87
03-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Balkman eats the Sixers bench for a light snack.

king4day
03-11-2011, 04:23 PM
It'd be close but if healthy (Billups), I'd give the Knicks the slight edge.
Hawes is better than Turiaf but neither are impact players, so for the starters, the Knicks have the edge. I'd even put Billups' big game experience ahead of Jrue in a big situation.

Philly's bench is easily better but I doubt Coach D would tap his bench for a long period of time anyway.

bklynny67
03-11-2011, 04:34 PM

In my opinion:

Holiday > Billups
Meeks < Fields
Iguodala < Anthony
Brand < Stoudemire
Hawes > Turiaf

right off the bat :facepalm:

only PHI fans would think Holiday > Billups

HOZ THE KNICK
03-11-2011, 04:46 PM
knicks will destroy the 6ers but you guys can say what you want.

Chacarron
03-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Give me the superstar power.

More-Than-Most
03-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Sixers and it has nothing to do with being a homer. I continually preach defense defense and more defense especially come playoff time and the sixers have a boat load of it while the knicks have very little.

mttwlsn16
03-11-2011, 05:12 PM

couldnt agree with u more. if you dont like it, dont post.

to answer the question, id say new york in 6. but phili would give them a fight every game. i just think with the experience billups, melo, stat have that they would find a way to close out games

Meatmypet
03-11-2011, 05:19 PM
People keep bringing up defense as if offense has never won a series before. In '07, if Horry didn't hipcheck Nash and got 5 Suns suspended, that was the year Phoenix would've won it all.

But aside from even just that one year, Mike D's team has gotten to at least the 2nd round 3 of the 4 years he was there and twice to the WCF. The only defensive team he lost to was the Spurs and if you're trying to compare a Sixers team defense to the Spurs of those years, you guys are out of your minds.

Chi StateOfMind
03-11-2011, 05:24 PM

i dont think thats how it works

lakeshow3peat
03-11-2011, 05:27 PM
knicks although sixer fans and other believers may make good points but i just cant go against the knicks they have melo , amare , and billiups .

blastmasta26
03-11-2011, 05:28 PM
The Knicks have the advantage in star power and experience. And I'm going to assume they play atleast decent defense since they are capable of it and usually do so in close games against good teams. Sixers have great D and are a tough team, but I would say Knicks in 7, maybe 6.

pd7631
03-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Ummm, we actually did beat most of those teams, and we beat Utah WITH Deron Williams, unlike you guys. We've also beat New Orleans, Chicago, Orlando, Phoenix(x2), Denver(x2 with Melo/Billups), and we are up 2-1 on the Knicks this year.

So we have done a good job against top competition, and there have been a lot of losses we had early on that should've been wins (Washington x2, Orlando). We've also held our own against Dallas, OKC, Boston(x2). So, in short, we have not just been feasting off of the lower tier teams and done nothing against the best of the best.

Sixers also have won 64% of their games since January 1st. So you can just forget about that 3-13 start because we are not that team.

All that said, I think a series between these 2 teams would go 7 games and I really can't pick a winner. Knicks have the 2 best players and Billups, but nothing after that, so it would be a coin flip.

Add Boston to that list :clap:

SeoulBeatz
03-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Sixers beat boston WOOOOO!
And we should have beat the Thunder on Wed, we were up 5 with 49 seconds left.

But damn, feels good to finally beat the Celts.

Love this team

SeoulBeatz
03-11-2011, 10:24 PM
knicks although sixer fans and other believers may make good points but i just cant go against the knicks they have melo , amare , and billiups .

Understandable, there star power intimidates the **** out of me. But the Sixers always play the knicks well and our team chemistry may usurp their big three.

Swashcuff
03-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Sixers player defense have great chemistry and are well coached.

I'd take them over the Knicks ATM.

76erEaglePhils
03-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Sixers!

Swashcuff
03-11-2011, 10:46 PM
to the Billups/Holiday debate there are two things Holiday is better than Billups in ATM that is defense (quickly becoming the best PG defender in the league in all honesty) and facilitating. THAT's IT!!

Chauncey is a top 10 PG in the league along with being a top 10 clutch player.

Chauncey Billups>Jrue Holiday.

I would say this though its kind of a funny debate in the sense that Chauncey is a player to whom Holiday is often compared to.

bholly
03-11-2011, 10:52 PM
There's no way I'm getting involved in this type of argument on here, because it's always going to be completely futile, but let's just say I'm really looking forward to the way this plays out over the rest of the season and the next few years.

JB0B0
03-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Knicks in 7. The Sixers are bad on the road.

JB0B0
03-11-2011, 10:56 PM
The Sixers will have a really tough time competing in the East with the Bulls, Heat, and now the Knicks. They're essentially the Atlanta Hawks 2.0.

sportscrazed
03-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Hawks fan here,
I have read a lot of the posts people are writing and see a bunch of homer posts so here is a neutral opinion. The Knicks homers seem to think they can win because of their star power and the Sixers homers seem to think they can win because of their "defense." Even if the Sixers have decent defense, they wouldn't be able to just shut down a Mike D'Antoni offense. Carmelo and Amare is a much better combo then Iggy and Brand. The one thing I like about the Sixers is their chemistry and how even though they dont have any great players they're a good team. I do think the Sixers could give them some tough games but cmon... only the Sixers homers seem to think they have a shot.

Knicks in 6 OR maybe 5

danniboi168
03-11-2011, 10:59 PM
sixers are good, very good.

theLgndKllr35
03-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Sixers beat the star powered Celtics tonight. :shrug:

97NYer
03-11-2011, 11:09 PM

In my opinion:

Holiday > Billups
Meeks < Fields
Iguodala < Anthony
Brand < Stoudemire
Hawes > Turiaf

not a chance

knicks_champ
03-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Sixers beat the star powered Celtics tonight. :shrug:

And the Knicks have two wins against the Bulls. :cool:

KnickFanSince91
03-11-2011, 11:22 PM
I like the Sixers as a young, up and coming team. If this scenario was presented pre-trade, it would honestly be a toss up because the teams were similar in that they were both young and inconsistent down the stretch. Youth and energy is great for any given regular season game but in the playoffs it's about experience. This current Philly team reminds me of OKC last year and Chicago a couple years ago, sans the franchise players.

Now when you're talking about a 7 game playoff series, the Knicks have the clear edge. It's not about homerism, it's just a matter of being a basketball fan for a long time. The reason why the Lakers, Celtics and Spurs are the favorites this year is because they have all walked the walk and know how to close out big playoff games. Orlando has players who have been to the Finals before, Miami has a champion and two time MVP with Finals experience and Chicago has this year's MVP that's already been playoff tested.

After the trade the Knicks now have a considerable amount of playoff experience on the roster. They have a Finals MVP, one of the top closers in the game who has been to the WCF and their team MVP has been to the WCF. They have Carter, Turiaf and Mason all coming off the bench who have been playoff tested while Philly's young squad hasn't been on this road before. Think about this: When the game is on the line in the 4th quarter, Amar'e is the THIRD option. The Knicks 3rd option in late game situations is clearly better than Philly's top two choices. It would be entertaining but the Knicks have the edge in any 7 game series. Philly might be able to steal a game or two but they don't have what it takes THIS year to compete with New York in a playoff series.

EaglesJackson10
03-11-2011, 11:24 PM
And the Knicks have two wins against the Bulls. :cool:

And the sixers have a win against the bulls and the spurs.

EaglesJackson10
03-11-2011, 11:27 PM
I like the Sixers as a young, up and coming team. If this scenario was presented pre-trade, it would honestly be a toss up because the teams were similar in that they were both young and inconsistent down the stretch. Youth and energy is great for any given regular season game but in the playoffs it's about experience. This current Philly team reminds me of OKC last year and Chicago a couple years ago, sans the franchise players.

Now when you're talking about a 7 game playoff series, the Knicks have the clear edge. It's not about homerism, it's just a matter of being a basketball fan for a long time. The reason why the Lakers, Celtics and Spurs are the favorites this year is because they have all walked the walk and know how to close out big playoff games. Orlando has players who have been to the Finals before, Miami has a champion and two time MVP with Finals experience and Chicago has this year's MVP that's already been playoff tested.

After the trade the Knicks now have a considerable amount of playoff experience on the roster. They have a Finals MVP, one of the top closers in the game who has been to the WCF and their team MVP has been to the WCF. They have Carter, Turiaf and Mason all coming off the bench who have been playoff tested while Philly's young squad hasn't been on this road before. Think about this: When the game is on the line in the 4th quarter, Amar'e is the THIRD option. The Knicks 3rd option in late game situations is clearly better than Philly's top two choices. It would be entertaining but the Knicks have the edge in any 7 game series. Philly might be able to steal a game or two but they don't have what it takes THIS year to compete with New York in a playoff series.

No it wouldn't. It would be the Sixers easily. It's close to a toss up right now. I'd give a slight advantage to the Knicks but the Sixers actually play defense so the teams are closer than the players names would indicate.

DwayneMVPwade
03-11-2011, 11:32 PM
knicks without a doubt. NY got 2 players that can take over a game.

Knicks21
03-11-2011, 11:39 PM
And the sixers have a win against the bulls and the spurs.

So have the knicks.....

KnickFanSince91
03-11-2011, 11:43 PM
No it wouldn't. It would be the Sixers easily. It's close to a toss up right now. I'd give a slight advantage to the Knicks but the Sixers actually play defense so the teams are closer than the players names would indicate.

:facepalm:

The Knicks blew a double digit 4th quarter lead in Philly or otherwise it would be 2-1 in the Knicks advantage. The Knicks lost the first game by 10, 2nd by 2 and won the 3rd by 14. The Knicks averaged 103 pts per game against the sixers "actual defense"...all without Melo and Billups. The sixers averaged 103 pts/game as well so that means it wasn't clearly Philly, but an actual toss up beforehand. The Knicks just have more talent on the roster now and have much more experience if they were to meet in a playoff series. If you can't see that, you're just being biased. The Sixers have a good young group and have my vote for Coach of The Year but they just don't have the talent to compete with this current Knicks team.

KingOf215
03-11-2011, 11:53 PM
I'd take Philly because they play D, and have much better team chemistry... not to mention they've had the benefit of having played together much longer.

The Knicks are just not there yet, Knicks fans who think otherwise are likely just unrealistic or delusional... as is whoever thinks Holliday is better than Billups.

HarlemWorld4eva
03-12-2011, 12:12 AM
7 Carmelo Anthony F 6-8 230 05/29/1984 Syracuse 7
32 Renaldo Balkman F 6-8 208 07/14/1984 South Carolina 4
4 Chauncey Billups G 6-3 202 09/25/1976 Colorado 13
2 Derrick Brown F 6-8 227 09/08/1987 Xavier (Ohio) 1
25 Anthony Carter G 6-2 195 06/16/1975 Hawaii 11
23 Toney Douglas G 6-2 185 03/16/1986 Florida State 1
6 Landry Fields G 6-7 210 06/27/1988 Stanford R
9 Jared Jeffries F 6-11 240 11/25/1981 Indiana 8
18 Roger Mason Jr. G 6-5 205 09/10/1980 Virginia 7
11 Andy Rautins G 6-4 190 11/02/1986 Syracuse R
1 Amar'e Stoudemire - C F-C 6-10 240 11/16/1982 Cypress Creek (Orlando, FL) 8
14 Ronny Turiaf C 6-10 245 01/13/1983 Gonzaga 5
5 Bill Walker G-F 6-6 220 10/09/1987 Kansas State 2
3 Shawne Williams F 6-9 225 02/16/1986 Memphis 4
13 Shelden Williams

vs.

C-F 6-11 240 02/11/1976 Texas Tech 12
33 Craig Brackins F 6-10 230 10/09/1987 Iowa State R
42 Elton Brand F 6-9 254 03/11/1979 Duke 11
00 Spencer Hawes C 7-1 245 04/28/1988 Washington 3
11 Jrue Holiday G 6-4 180 06/12/1990 UCLA 1
9 Andre Iguodala F-G 6-6 207 01/28/1984 Arizona 6
72 Jason Kapono F-G 6-8 215 02/04/1981 UCLA 7
20 Jodie Meeks G 6-4 208 08/21/1987 Kentucky 1
5 Andres Nocioni F 6-7 225 11/30/1979 Santa Fe, Argentina 6
25 Darius Songaila F 6-9 248 02/14/1978 Wake Forest 7
16 Marreese Speights F 6-10 255 08/04/1987 Florida 2
12 Evan Turner G-F 6-7 205 10/27/1988 Ohio State R
23 Louis Williams G 6-1 175 10/27/1986 South Gwinnett HS (Snellville, GA) 5
21 Thaddeus Young F 6-8 220 06/21/1988 Georgia Tech 3

R U KIDDING ME?? Knicks are better. Have you ever seen Shelden Williams play? How about Shawne Williams for that matter. Toney Douglas? Roger Mason (just off a stint with the Spurs)?

The 76ers play D,and have fine young upstarts but lets not be irrational here. Brand can't even elevate anymore and we will let Iggy do his thing. Who else is going to score enough tohow hard we rain three-pointers? Ask the Bulls how that works.

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 12:16 AM
So have the knicks.....

Great there is no pointing in arguing about specific wins because it doesn't really prove that much. Clippers beat the Celtics and so did the Cavs so we should stop using these as argument points. I was just making a point that the Knicks beating the Bulls doesn't make them better because the Sixers have done it too.

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 12:23 AM
7 Carmelo Anthony F 6-8 230 05/29/1984 Syracuse 7
32 Renaldo Balkman F 6-8 208 07/14/1984 South Carolina 4
4 Chauncey Billups G 6-3 202 09/25/1976 Colorado 13
2 Derrick Brown F 6-8 227 09/08/1987 Xavier (Ohio) 1
25 Anthony Carter G 6-2 195 06/16/1975 Hawaii 11
23 Toney Douglas G 6-2 185 03/16/1986 Florida State 1
6 Landry Fields G 6-7 210 06/27/1988 Stanford R
9 Jared Jeffries F 6-11 240 11/25/1981 Indiana 8
18 Roger Mason Jr. G 6-5 205 09/10/1980 Virginia 7
11 Andy Rautins G 6-4 190 11/02/1986 Syracuse R
1 Amar'e Stoudemire - C F-C 6-10 240 11/16/1982 Cypress Creek (Orlando, FL) 8
14 Ronny Turiaf C 6-10 245 01/13/1983 Gonzaga 5
5 Bill Walker G-F 6-6 220 10/09/1987 Kansas State 2
3 Shawne Williams F 6-9 225 02/16/1986 Memphis 4
13 Shelden Williams

vs.

C-F 6-11 240 02/11/1976 Texas Tech 12
33 Craig Brackins F 6-10 230 10/09/1987 Iowa State R
42 Elton Brand F 6-9 254 03/11/1979 Duke 11
00 Spencer Hawes C 7-1 245 04/28/1988 Washington 3
11 Jrue Holiday G 6-4 180 06/12/1990 UCLA 1
9 Andre Iguodala F-G 6-6 207 01/28/1984 Arizona 6
72 Jason Kapono F-G 6-8 215 02/04/1981 UCLA 7
20 Jodie Meeks G 6-4 208 08/21/1987 Kentucky 1
5 Andres Nocioni F 6-7 225 11/30/1979 Santa Fe, Argentina 6
25 Darius Songaila F 6-9 248 02/14/1978 Wake Forest 7
16 Marreese Speights F 6-10 255 08/04/1987 Florida 2
12 Evan Turner G-F 6-7 205 10/27/1988 Ohio State R
23 Louis Williams G 6-1 175 10/27/1986 South Gwinnett HS (Snellville, GA) 5
21 Thaddeus Young F 6-8 220 06/21/1988 Georgia Tech 3

R U KIDDING ME?? Knicks are better. Have you ever seen Shelden Williams play? How about Shawne Williams for that matter. Toney Douglas? Roger Mason (just off a stint with the Spurs)?

The 76ers play D,and have fine young upstarts but lets not be irrational here. Brand can't even elevate anymore and we will let Iggy do his thing. Who else is going to score enough tohow hard we rain three-pointers? Ask the Bulls how that works.

Well it's not really hard to score when your team isn't playing any defense. Shawn Marion didn't have too much trouble last night. Too answer your question Jrue Holiday, Lou Williams, Thaddeus Young, Jodie Meeks, and Elton. I know most of them aren't big names but they all average double figures and so does Iggy. The thing about the Sixers is they don't have any legitimate stars but they do have a lot of different options offensively and when teams second units come into the game they almost always have the advantage. Lou Williams could be a 6th man of the year candidate and he isn't even their sixth man. Knicks are a more talented team but until they learn to play defense they won't be as far ahead of the Sixers as you Knicks fans like to think.

baghdadbob
03-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Sixers for sure

Can't this fool be confined to the Heatles threads?

baghdadbob
03-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Sixers D every night but they might have trouble if the Knicks decide to play it.

Take Sixs however b/c of the length the team has been together.

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 12:30 AM

The Knicks blew a double digit 4th quarter lead in Philly or otherwise it would be 2-1 in the Knicks advantage. The Knicks lost the first game by 10, 2nd by 2 and won the 3rd by 14. The Knicks averaged 103 pts per game against the sixers "actual defense"...all without Melo and Billups. The sixers averaged 103 pts/game as well so that means it wasn't clearly Philly, but an actual toss up beforehand. The Knicks just have more talent on the roster now and have much more experience if they were to meet in a playoff series. If you can't see that, you're just being biased. The Sixers have a good young group and have my vote for Coach of The Year but they just don't have the talent to compete with this current Knicks team.

Obviously the Knicks are a more talented team now. Everyone knows that. That doesn't mean they are a better team. I think they are a better team but they still don't play good defense at all. Your completely bias if you wouldn't agree the Sixers we're better before the trade. Saying the can't compete is a complete over statement considering they've proven they can compete with almost any one. Unless your saying the Knicks are better than the Bulls, Spurs, Celtics, Thunder, and Mavs. All teams that the Sixers have beaten or competed with lately. I agree the Knicks are better but the margin isn't as large as you think.

HarlemWorld4eva
03-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Sixers D every night but they might have trouble if the Knicks decide to play it.

Take Sixs however b/c of the length the team has been together.

Exactly.

The Knicks players are spoiled. They don't play Don a regular basis. When the playoffs roll around they will have a much more focused defensive posture.I guarantee you,you will even see Carmelo coming up with steals. Amare will make gamewinning blocks against anyone. Jefferies is the truth guarding ANYONE. Toney Douglas was 2008-09 ACC defensive player of the year (and 2nd in voting POY) - he is the most disruptive off the bench.

Knicks in 6. :)

Illa215
03-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Exactly.

The Knicks players are spoiled. They don't play Don a regular basis. When the playoffs roll around they will have a much more focused defensive posture.I guarantee you,you will even see Carmelo coming up with steals. Amare will make gamewinning blocks against anyone. Jefferies is the truth guarding ANYONE. Toney Douglas was 2008-09 ACC defensive player of the year (and 2nd in voting POY) - he is the most disruptive off the bench.

Knicks in 6. :)

Guys, Toney Douglas was 08-09 ACC defensive player of the year!
Call it off! The Sixers would forfeit.

The L Train
03-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Why haven't the mods closed the hateful thread? This is clearly baiting.

Let me ask you, who would you take in a series, Lakers or T'Wolves?

close please

What?
03-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Knicks win in 6-7 but I think it would be alot closer then some knick fans make it out to be. Sixers bench is deep and they have quality players at every position. The only huge advantage for the Knicks is Amare and that's why they'll win but it's far from being a homer or a hater to say the Sixers would win

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Guys, Toney Douglas was 08-09 ACC defensive player of the year!
Call it off! The Sixers would forfeit.

If were counting college careers Knicks better be ready for this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY2dfOhZ3rM

Slimsim
03-12-2011, 01:31 AM
I'll tell you one thing I'm happy not to see philly in the first round

HarlemWorld4eva
03-12-2011, 01:31 AM
:facepalm: I should have known someone would harken back to that epic performance by Meeks. Touche

Tell him to try that ish at the Garden. I just brought up that tidbit to emphasize how we have defensive players (Douglas) and bruisers (Turiaf, Williams) on our bench.

Meatmypet
03-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Great there is no pointing in arguing about specific wins because it doesn't really prove that much. Clippers beat the Celtics and so did the Cavs so we should stop using these as argument points. I was just making a point that the Knicks beating the Bulls doesn't make them better because the Sixers have done it too.

He was replying to someone saying that Philly beat the C's tonight. The point was that, it doesnt matter since the Knicks beat the Spurs, but the Knicks aren't better than the Spurs.

save the knicks
03-12-2011, 01:52 AM
When you play Dantoni it dosnt really matter how well youve played D all season

KnickFanSince91
03-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Obviously the Knicks are a more talented team now. Everyone knows that. That doesn't mean they are a better team.I think they are a better team but they still don't play good defense at all.

Congrats. You are the first person to make my sig. This has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read on PSD and that includes all of DoMeFavors' posts. The team with more talent is not the better team? WTF dude. :facepalm:

Your completely bias if you wouldn't agree the Sixers we're better before the trade. Saying the can't compete is a complete over statement considering they've proven they can compete with almost any one. Unless your saying the Knicks are better than the Bulls, Spurs, Celtics, Thunder, and Mavs. All teams that the Sixers have beaten or competed with lately. I agree the Knicks are better but the margin isn't as large as you think.

I'm going to pretend that you are speaking english (i'm not one to be a grammar nazi because i'm lazy and don't capitalize but you should really get your homonyms down. Your is possessive, You're is short for you are and it's were as in the past tense of was and not we are) and point out that the Knicks and Sixers are practically even statistically in the games we played before the trade. They both average exactly 103 points in the series. What are you basing your claim that they were clearly better on? A gut feeling?

Also, I never said they couldn't compete and you must've missed the praises I had for the team. I said they won't win a series against the Knicks but it will be fun to watch. Right now the Knicks have more talent and more playoff experience than the young upstarts in Philly. You guys can play d but you can't score when it counts. You don't have a go to player that all the good playoff teams have (think Kobe, Pierce, Ginoboli, Dirk, etc) while the Knicks have 3. That's the difference between the playoffs and the regular season Einstein.

theLgndKllr35
03-12-2011, 05:07 AM
Congrats. You are the first person to make my sig. This has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read on PSD and that includes all of DoMeFavors' posts. The team with more talent is not the better team? WTF dude. :facepalm:

I'm going to pretend that you are speaking english (i'm not one to be a grammar nazi because i'm lazy and don't capitalize but you should really get your homonyms down. Your is possessive, You're is short for you are and it's were as in the past tense of was and not we are) and point out that the Knicks and Sixers are practically even statistically in the games we played before the trade. They both average exactly 103 points in the series. What are you basing your claim that they were clearly better on? A gut feeling?

Also, I never said they couldn't compete and you must've missed the praises I had for the team. I said they won't win a series against the Knicks but it will be fun to watch. Right now the Knicks have more talent and more playoff experience than the young upstarts in Philly. You guys can play d but you can't score when it counts. You don't have a go to player that all the good playoff teams have (think Kobe, Pierce, Ginoboli, Dirk, etc) while the Knicks have 3. That's the difference between the playoffs and the regular season Einstein.

More playoff experience? The team may be young, but this is mostly the same group that nearly went up 3-1 on Orlando before a Hedo 3 in the last seconds of Game 4 two years ago. Also congrats for making yourself look like an idiot by misinterpreting what EJ10 said. He was saying the team had more talent post-trade deadline than they did prior, not comparing the talent of the Knicks to the talent of the Sixers. Enjoy your signature, I already am.

cutiepie80
03-12-2011, 05:36 AM
Oh come on now, this isn't close.

Knicks are a good team and the 6'ers are a team that has a decent record because besides the dominant teams in the east it flat out stinks as usual.

MOST
03-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Sixers

todu82
03-12-2011, 10:48 AM
The Knicks in 6.

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 12:19 PM

Ok you obviously don't understand basketball what so ever. Points per game that's how you going to determine who is better team...wow. Honestly I don't give a **** about the grammar so whatever. People who talk about the you're and your thing are grammar Nazis by the way. Head to head games don't determine everything. Just because they played each other close doesn't mean the teams were as good as each other. The Sixers have played the Celtics close in every game. That doesn't mean the teams are as good as each other. The Sixers were playing a lot better than the Knicks prior to the trade. The reasons their records were close was because of the poor start. The most talented teams aren't always the best teams. Are the Spurs and the Celtics the most talented teams in the league? Absolutely not. They play well as a team that's why they are the best in their conferences. If the most talented team always won then Miami would win every game. That's not the way basketball works. Also you did say they can't compete your just bullshitting now and overreacting to what I'm saying.

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 12:22 PM

:confused: You didn't say they can't compete with the Knicks?

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 12:43 PM
The idea that this is even a debate is an epic fail. The Sixers are overachieving, but they still can't hold a candle to the Knicks. Melo, Amare, and Billups are ten times the players of anybody on their roster. Did I actually read someone say Holiday is better than Billups? LMAO, look at Douglas as a starter and his stats and try even selling me the idea that Holiday is better than Douglas. I'd be surprised if the Sixers won one game against the Knicks in a series. Knicks would sweep the Sixers no doubt about it.

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 12:44 PM
The idea that this is even a debate is an epic fail. The Sixers are overachieving, but they still can't hold a candle to the Knicks. Melo, Amare, and Billups are ten times the players of anybody on their roster. Did I actually read someone say Holiday is better than Billups? LMAO, look at Douglas as a starter and his stats and try even selling me the idea that Holiday is better than Douglas. I'd be surprised if the Sixers won one game against the Knicks in a series. Knicks would sweep the Sixers no doubt about it.

Yeah and Sixers fans are the ones being ridiculous. :rolleyes:

nycericanguy
03-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Understandable, there star power intimidates the **** out of me. But the Sixers always play the knicks well and our team chemistry may usurp their big three.

PHI has not played NY yet. The games they played before the trade NY was a completely different team. But yes they played really well against NY

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah and Sixers fans are the ones being ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Yeah you are. Where in the hell do you guys get off comparing your super star less team to a team with three of them?

LebronJamesWest
03-12-2011, 01:02 PM
since carmelo trade, knicks are 6-4, sixers are 7-2, and we beat the best team in the east last night, suck on those stats you knick homers, overachievers my ***, "superstars" that dont play defense are OVERRATED, just watch as we pass you in the standings, and you can continue to read names off of your roster, i dont care who you have, we are winning more than you!

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Sixers may have more off the bench but who cares? Knicks starters are just flat out better, No contest. All knicks bench has to do is come in and make their 3's when melo or amare is doubled. It's not rocket science. And in close games in a 7 game series I go with Melo, Billups , and Amare over that crap the sixers have. This thread is a joke right?

heatking
03-12-2011, 01:06 PM
nice question, the sixers dont have any certain superstars, but they are the deeper team, have better coaching and play better defense.

The Knicks on the other hand have 2 players that can go for 40 any single night and a PG that has proved to be one of the most clutch in the playoffs. I just cant go against Billups, Melo, and Amare int he playoffs which is where superstars bring it out.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 01:07 PM
since carmelo trade, knicks are 6-4, sixers are 7-2, and we beat the best team in the east last night, suck on those stats you knick homers, overachievers my ***, "superstars" that dont play defense are OVERRATED, just watch as we pass you in the standings, and you can continue to read names off of your roster, i dont care who you have, we are winning more than you!

Yea sure, the Heat were 9-9 to begin the season. You seriously want to go on a basis of ten games? LOL you ain't passing the Knicks. Oh and we're homers and you don't care who we have? LOL yeah right back at you, except the rest of the league does in fact care who the Knicks have and they don't care who you have for good reason. Nobody's scared of your glorified role players, but people are scared of superstars whether you like it or not.

basketballer122
03-12-2011, 01:08 PM
you sir are excelent example of idiot
phily sucks,New York is elite team and their defense will be one of the best in NBA when the playoffs come and i dont wanna talk about their offense cause i see you are noob and i dont want to humiliate you ;)

LebronJamesWest
03-12-2011, 01:08 PM
defense wins in the playoffs, the celtics arent good because they have superstars who dont play defense, a team that plays zero defense will go NOWHERE, the knicks defense is embarassing, the mavericks spanked them the other day, could have put up 140

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah you are. Where in the hell do you guys get off comparing your super star less team to a team with three of them?

Chauncey isn't a superstar good player but not superstar and I don't care how many superstars the Sixers have because their a good team they've proven it. If the Knicks are so much better why do the Sixers have a better record since the trade. Knicks are 6-4 and the Sixers are 7-2. Obviously the Knicks have played better teams but it's not substantially better and they lost two games against the worst team in the league. If the Cavs can't beat the Knicks twice I have no doubt that the Sixers wouldn't get swept. I can tell the ESPN hype machine is in full force with the Knicks.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Chauncey isn't a superstar good player but not superstar and I don't care how many superstars the Sixers have because their a good team they've proven it. If the Knicks are so much better why do the Sixers have a better record since the trade. Knicks are 6-4 and the Sixers are 7-2. Obviously the Knicks have played better teams but it's not substantially better and they lost two games against the worst team in the league. If the Cavs can't beat the Knicks twice I have no doubt that the Sixers wouldn't get swept.

Wow Philly fans seriously. Is that what you're basing your argument on? 10 FRIGGIN GAMES??!! You guys are more idiotic than I thought. The Heat were 9-9 through 18. Plus you act like 7-2 and 6-4 is a huge difference, like it was 7-2 and 2-8. You guys are really reaching, but hey that's what inferior teams do. Talk to me when these guys play together for a long time and when you're at the back of the standings next year while the Knicks are at the top. Keep saying you don't care about superstars because it makes you look like a buffoon. Superstars win in this league, not role players. That's just reality.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 01:15 PM

Sixers are fools gold and playing over their heads like the knicks were before the melo trade. Ya can't win a 7 game series with a team full of role players against a team with proven playoff stars. AMARE, BILLUPS, And MELO all have been to conf finals in the harder western conf. And they are all miles better than any sixers player. Sixers may pass knicks in standing but that does not mean anything in a 7 game series

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Wow Philly fans seriously. Is that what you're basing your argument on? 10 FRIGGIN GAMES??!! You guys are more idiotic than I thought. The Heat were 9-9 through 18. Plus you act like 7-2 and 6-4 is a huge difference, like it was 7-2 and 2-8. You guys are really reaching, but hey that's what inferior teams do. Talk to me when these guys play together for a long time and when you're at the back of the standings next year while the Knicks are at the top. Keep saying you don't care about superstars because it makes you look like a buffoon. Superstars win in this league, not role players. That's just reality.

I'm pretty sure that is what all the Knicks fans are basing their argument on because it's all we have to judge them by. This team might not even play well down the stretch it's not a given that they will play well together. Iverson and Carmelo were both superstars too how did that work out?

Cubs Win
03-12-2011, 01:16 PM

You're the one that called Chauncey Billups a superstar. He just said the 76ers wouldn't get swept. :eyebrow:

Madtown22
03-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Bockers

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that is what all the Knicks fans are basing their argument on because it's all we have to judge them by. This team might not even play well down the stretch it's not a given that they will play well together. Iverson and Carmelo were both superstars too how did that work out?

No we are basing it on that talent of the rosters, and don't act like it's close because it's not. Carmelo and Amare have already meshed well together and they both have had games where they sacrificed some offense. I guess you haven't seen Melo's underrated passing since he came here huh? Oh and Iverson and Carmelo were both wing players, Melo and Amare are an inside and outside offensive tandem. Completely different. Oh and iverson was on his way out when he joined Carmelo, Amare is in his prime.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 01:24 PM
And since when did Doug f*cking Collins become a good coach. That crappy coach have constantly been getting jobs in the NBA for some strange reason. I've always wondered why?

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 01:25 PM
You're the one that called Chauncey Billups a superstar. He just said the 76ers wouldn't get swept. :eyebrow:

Seriously I'm can't believe they think I'm being ridiculous for saying the teams with the most talent aren't always the best and the Knicks are only a little bit better than the Sixers.

cbreezy34
03-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Knicks fans are such morons/homers. You would think were talking about fantasy basketball. Sixers defense> Knicks Defense. Sixers coach >>>> Knicks coach. Sixers bench> Knicks bench. Amount of Knick players that don't care about defense > Sixers players that dont care about playing defense.

PhillySportFan
03-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Sixers may have more off the bench but who cares? Knicks starters are just flat out better, No contest. All knicks bench has to do is come in and make their 3's when melo or amare is doubled. It's not rocket science. And in close games in a 7 game series I go with Melo, Billups , and Amare over that crap the sixers have. This thread is a joke right?

I'm not trying to say the Sixers would beat the Knicks in a series but we can match up fairly well. Jrue Holiday is a very solid defensive player, can play Billups fine in my opinion. Iggy on Carmelo, obviously Melo is tough for anyone to stop but Iggy is a very solid defender and I think won't make things easy for Melo. Amare is the toughest matchup, EB, Speights, and Thad Young. I think it's up to Elton to set the tone early on Amare or else he'll be flying down the lane all game.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 01:27 PM
And I guess the fact that Billups has been out six games plays no factor at all right.:rolleyes:

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 01:28 PM
No we are basing it on that talent of the rosters, and don't act like it's close because it's not. Carmelo and Amare have already meshed well together and they both have had games where they sacrificed some offense. I guess you haven't seen Melo's underrated passing since he came here huh? Oh and Iverson and Carmelo were both wing players, Melo and Amare are an inside and outside offensive tandem. Completely different. Oh and iverson was on his way out when he joined Carmelo, Amare is in his prime.

Great their talents better which I've already admitted. That doesn't make them substantially better because the Sixers play better team basketball than the Knicks. The Knicks probably have more talent than the Bulls but the Bulls play much better as a team defensively. Comparing talent isn't the best way to evaluate who is a better team.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 01:30 PM
defense wins in the playoffs, the celtics arent good because they have superstars who dont play defense, a team that plays zero defense will go NOWHERE, the knicks defense is embarassing, the mavericks spanked them the other day, could have put up 140

But a team with no stars and can't score in crunch time will have no shot in a 7 game series at all. You can win a game in regular season like that but not against the same team for 7 games. You must be new to watching NBA basketball? You will learn the hard way in playoffs

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Great their talents better which I've already admitted. That doesn't make them substantially better because the Sixers play better team basketball than the Knicks. The Knicks probably have more talent than the Bulls but the Bulls play much better as a team defensively. Comparing talent isn't the best way to evaluate who is a better team.

Fair enough, but this team is still brand new to each other. The Heat were 9-9 through 18 games, I guess people have already forgotten that. The team other than Amare, Melo, and Billups are working to figure out roles. I honestly believe the Sixers are overmatched even without the team chemistry. Talent might not be the only factor, but it is the most important factor IMO.

PhillySportFan
03-12-2011, 01:32 PM
And since when did Doug f*cking Collins become a good coach. That crappy coach have constantly been getting jobs in the NBA for some strange reason. I've always wondered why?

Now your just talking non sense. Doug Collins is a great coach, he's made this team what it is. He runs plays that we succeed with and truly puts the right guys in the right positions to win. Also installs a great defensive scheme that really works for our players. I would slightly agree with those who say we are overachieving but we are overachieving because of a constant on our team and thats Coach Collins. :D

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Now your just talking non sense. Doug Collins is a great coach, he's made this team what it is. He runs plays that we succeed with and truly puts the right guys in the right positions to win. Also installs a great defensive scheme that really works for our players. I would slightly agree with those who say we are overachieving but we are overachieving because of a constant on our team and thats Coach Collins. :D

You do have a much better coach I'll give you that.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 01:36 PM

Knicks are just too dominant offensively. They play halfcourt offense since trade and are still puting up 110 pts a game! They play some D at times, they need to play more of it though. but they have go to guys in the 4th qtr who are among the best at it in the entire league. Philly can't compete with that. Yall need the other A.I if philly wants to beat the knicks in 7 games

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Knicks are just too dominant offensively. They play halfcourt offense since trade and are still puting up 110 pts a game! They play some D at times, they ned to play more of it though. but they have go to guys in the 4th qtr who are among the best at it in the entire league. Philly can't compete with that. Yall need the other A.I if philly wants to beat the knicks in 7 games

I forget who said it, I think it was Mike Breen but I could be mistaking. But the point they made with the Knicks offense as great as it is, they don't have to play defense the whole game, just in the big spots and key possessions. If they play D on those critical possessions, they're gonna be a legitimate threat. The Knicks are never gonna be a defensive juggernaut with Mike D as the coach, but that point pretty much nails it on the head, just make key stops and they'll be fine.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 01:42 PM

I don't care if Phil Jackson was sixers head coach, Philly just don't have the star players to beat the Knicks in a 7 game series. Bottom line. Knicks made that melo trade cause they knew come playoff time they would be better in a series with melo and billups. Proven go to guys. Who the hell is Sixers go to guy?

xxplayerxx23
03-12-2011, 01:44 PM

Ok if You want to put it that way then Amare>allen iverson. Not saying the knicks are going to do anything in the playoffs but Teams In the playoffs would rather play philly then NY in the first round.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I forget who said it, I think it was Mike Breen but I could be mistaking. But the point they made with the Knicks offense as great as it is, they don't have to play defense the whole game, just in the big spots and key possessions. If they play D on those critical possessions, they're gonna be a legitimate threat. The Knicks are never gonna be a defensive juggernaut with Mike D as the coach, but that point pretty much nails it on the head, just make key stops and they'll be fine.

Yup ya right, I do wish they had a defense coach but it does not change the fact that knicks will just out talent the sixers in a 7 game series. The sixer fans are feeling the same way knick fans felt before melo trade. Knicks fans were believing in fools gold and now sixer fans are doing the same. But atleast knicks did have 1 star named Amare to be giddy about. Sixers have 0!

allSUAVE
03-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Ok if You want to put it that way then Amare>allen iverson. Not saying the knicks are going to do anything in the playoffs but Teams In the playoffs would rather play philly then NY in the first round.

I'm pretty sure that's a FACT !

cwilson21
03-12-2011, 01:50 PM

Not true at all.

xxplayerxx23
03-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Not true at all.

Explain How you would rather play NY in the playoffs?

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't care if Phil Jackson was sixers head coach, Philly just don't have the star players to beat the Knicks in a 7 game series. Bottom line. Knicks made that melo trade cause they knew come playoff time they would be better in a series with melo and billups. Proven go to guys. Who the hell is Sixers go to guy?

You can talk about superstars and go to guys all you want but the Sixers keep beating teams with these types of players. Since the 3-13 start they've beaten the Nuggets while they had Carmelo and Billups twice, Chicago, San Antonio, Boston, Orlando, and Atlanta. They should of beaten OKC too. Talk about superstars all you want but the Sixers are good team who stand a fairly good chance against the Knicks and if the series were at home I would take the Sixers. Also Knick fans are selling the Sixers players way short. Toney Douglas is better than Jrue Holiday...Give me a ****ing break.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Not true at all.

When Iverson was on the Nuggets he was 34 and on the decline. Amare is 28 and is in his prime. Amare in his prime is better than a declining Iverson, and notice I said a declining Iverson not a prime Iverson.

allSUAVE
03-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Not true at all.

Lol put all the HATRED aside! You REALLY think that teams would want to play the Knicks in the first round over Philly?? And The Knicks have players That are Not only Superstars but have Alot of playoffs Experience!

76erEaglePhils
I don't care if Phil Jackson was sixers head coach, Philly just don't have the star players to beat the Knicks in a 7 game series. Bottom line. Knicks made that melo trade cause they knew come playoff time they would be better in a series with melo and billups. Proven go to guys. Who the hell is Sixers go to guy?GTFO with all that garbage acting like the knicks are untouchable because their not. You guys give up just as many points as you score. Your talking about a team that has been ***** slapped 3 times in a row by Cleveland the worst team in basketball and, you knicks fans feel untouchable please! Your entire forum was going crazy complaining about this current team then when a thread pops up you guys rant about how much star power you guys have.

LOOTERX9
This has been the easiest Debate I've had since joining this PSD.
I needed an easy win.

KNICKS> SIXERS easily...

xxplayerxx23
03-12-2011, 01:58 PM
You can talk about superstars and go to guys all you want but the Sixers keep beating teams with these types of players. Since the 3-13 start they've beaten the Nuggets while they had Carmelo and Billups twice, Chicago, San Antonio, Boston, Orlando, and Atlanta. They should of beaten OKC too. Talk about superstars all you want but the Sixers are good team who stand a fairly good chance against the Knicks and if the series were at home I would take the Sixers. Also Knick fans are selling the Sixers players way short. Toney Douglas is better than Jrue Holiday...Give me a ****ing break.

Toney douglas isnt bUt People like the OP saying Holiday Is better then Billups is Ludacris

KnickFanSince91
03-12-2011, 01:58 PM
These 6er fans in here are complete morons. Are you really trying to compare records over the last 10 when your team didn't even make a trade? Over the last 10 Knick games, 7 were against teams above .500 and we won 5 of them. Out of Philly's last 10 games, only 3 were against teams above .500 and they just won the first one last night. Sixers are benefiting from a weak schedule right now. Settle down.

Now as for your claim that the 6ers are clearly better because you are some all knowing basketball guru...child please. You spit your nonsense all day but let's look at things like head to head stats:

Knicks
G W-L FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF TOT APG SPG BPG PPG
Against PHI 3 1-2 .462 .301 .756 12.7 32.7 45.3 21.3 7.7 6.0 103.7

Sixers

Against NY 3 2-1 .494 .366 .780 7.3 30.3 37.7 22.0 8.3 5.3 103.0

Out of 10 categories, the teams are split 5-5. The actual numbers prove that the teams were statistically even pre-trade. Anything anybody says either way is just nonsense. It was a wash.

I know it's hard for you but try to apply a little logic here. If two teams were dead even before the trade deadline and one team added considerably more talent while the other did nothing, wouldn't that imply that the team who made a trade is now better than the team that didn't? If me and you were both making the same salary and I get a $5 per hour raise and you didn't, are you still going to say our bank accounts are even? Smartenup dude.

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Yup ya right, I do wish they had a defense coach but it does not change the fact that knicks will just out talent the sixers in a 7 game series. The sixer fans are feeling the same way knick fans felt before melo trade. Knicks fans were believing in fools gold and now sixer fans are doing the same. But atleast knicks did have 1 star named Amare to be giddy about. Sixers have 0!

Fools gold? hmmm. Sounds like every team Mike D'antoni has ever coached.

allSUAVE
03-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Lol put all the HATRED aside! You REALLY think that teams would want to play the Knicks in the first round over Philly?? And The Knicks have players That are Not only Superstars but have Alot of playoffs Experience!

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 02:02 PM

100% right. Talent is what wins, people can throw this team concept around all they want, but you win in this league with superstars. There are plenty of teams that have good team work and even play D but are barely .500 because of they don't have a star. Take the Pistons for example, they play D, they have good chemistry but they're 20 games under .500.

Sixerlover
03-12-2011, 02:02 PM
I can't believe me being gone has made me miss this thread, Sixers.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 02:03 PM
These 6er fans in here are complete morons. Are you really trying to compare records over the last 10 when your team didn't even make a trade? Over the last 10 Knick games, 7 were against teams above .500 and we won 5 of them. Out of Philly's last 10 games, only 3 were against teams above .500 and they just won the first one last night. Sixers are benefiting from a weak schedule right now. Settle down.

Now as for your claim that the 6ers are clearly better because you are some all knowing basketball guru...child please. You spit your nonsense all day but let's look at things like head to head stats:

Knicks

Sixers

Out of 10 categories, the teams are split 5-5. The actual numbers prove that the teams were statistically even pre-trade. Anything anybody says either way is just nonsense. It was a wash.

I know it's hard for you but try to apply a little logic here. If two teams were dead even before the trade deadline and one team added considerably more talent while the other did nothing, wouldn't that imply that the team who made a trade is now better than the team that didn't? If me and you were both making the same salary and I get a $5 per hour raise and you didn't, are you still going to say our bank accounts are even? Smartenup dude.

Not too mention the fact that Chauncey hasn't played the last six games has not even been discussed.

xxplayerxx23
03-12-2011, 02:03 PM
I can't believe me being gone has made me miss this thread, Sixers.

You should of stayed gone if your really think the sixers are better

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 02:05 PM
GTFO with all that garbage acting like the knicks are untouchable because their not. You guys give up just as many points as you score. Your talking about a team that has been ***** slapped 3 times in a row by Cleveland the worst team in basketball and, you knicks fans feel untouchable please! Your entire forum was going crazy complaining about this current team then when a thread pops up you guys rant about how much star power you guys have.

Ha ha Lakers lost to cavs also. Does not mean they would in a 7 game series though. Why do you dismiss the Great Knicks win over the HEAT? You only point out the bad knick loses and not the great knick wins. Besides the knicks were only on their 2nd game with melo win theY lost to cavs. No practice time. 2nd game billups was out. Knicks had a 12 pt lead in 4th qtr. knicks lost but it happens. no big deal.

Chitownhero14
03-12-2011, 02:09 PM
I relaly think 76ers might be better overall and deeper but Knicks have a lot of star power now and are starting to gel a little so they'll be tougher in playoffs they still dont match up with the big 3 teams though!

76erEaglePhils
03-12-2011, 02:09 PM
We lose twice to the Cavs? with Melo and Stat!!!! A Cav team with no LeBron and Varejo!!!! You've got to be kidding!!!

Philly right behind us , one extra loss and same amount of wins, in the Eastern Conference. We, mind you , have 2 out of the top 10 players in the NBA on our team. Who do the Cavs and Sixers have? Twice to the Cavs with Melo and the other loss had just Stat on it. Maybe 1 superstar wasn't enough to beat the Cavs, but 2 superstars still can't make it happen? Shouldn't this be concerning.

My previous, pre Melo posts state that the Knicks should go after a big man. It probably would of took less of a package to get a DeAndre Jordan or McGee, and still have a strong bench, because you wouldn't have to give what we gave for Melo, and still have cap room.

We saw after the trade that the Clippers were interested in Gallo from Dever after they got him. Probably could of traded Gallo and Mosgov for DeAndre Jordan and their 1st rounder, and maybe a 2nd rounder to make that work somehow. Make Gallo centerpiece of trade.

Line up

Jordan/Turiaf
Stat/Shawn Willams
Shawn Willams/Fields
Fields/Chandler/Walker
Felton/douglas

Its amazing how Denver has a better record with the guys that were just scrubs on our team, and we cant even beat the Cavs, with Melo and Stat on the team.

stonebari44
View Public Profile
Send a private message to stonebari44
Find all posts by stonebari44
Add stonebari44 to Your Contacts

Sponsored Links

Here is what knick fans are already saying about their team with the Melo trade and, yet they have all the star power in the world to beat the Sixers in a 7 game series.

Sixerlover
03-12-2011, 02:10 PM
You should of stayed gone if your really think the sixers are better

I mean your a knicks fan, of course you think that. It's okay though, I go to school in NYC and i find as opposed to arguing with biased people I'll just let the season play itself out.

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 02:12 PM

Knicks

Sixers

Once again comparing there head to head matchups is way too small of a sample size and you're comparing irrelevant stats. Does it really matter that the Knicks had more rebounds in the three games they played. How about Turnovers why don't you look at those because the Sixers would win that category. You just chose stats that would make it look like it was even. The Sixers are a well coached team who plays better defense. If you want to compare stats why don't you look at the Sixers being 5th in fewest turnover and the Knicks being 15th, why don't you look at the Sixers being 10th in opp FG% and the Knicks being 24th, and why don't you look at the Sixers being 13th in points allowed and the Knicks being 27th. I would take those stats any day over blocks per game in a head to head matchup. Also just because the Knicks out rebounded the Knicks in those games doesn't mean the Knicks rebound the ball better. The Knicks are tied for 20th in rebounds and the Sixers are tied for 8th.

KnickFanSince91
03-12-2011, 02:13 PM
GTFO with all that garbage acting like the knicks are untouchable because their not. You guys give up just as many points as you score. Your talking about a team that has been ***** slapped 3 times in a row by Cleveland the worst team in basketball and, you knicks fans feel untouchable please! Your entire forum was going crazy complaining about this current team then when a thread pops up you guys rant about how much star power you guys have.

Sixers score 99 per game and give up 97. It's safe to say your team gives up as much as it scores as well.

Now if you wanna throw around bad losses, your squad not only lost to Cleveland but to Toronto twice, Washington twice, Indiana twice and Chicago smacked you by 45 points. Stop it.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 02:13 PM
We lose twice to the Cavs? with Melo and Stat!!!! A Cav team with no LeBron and Varejo!!!! You've got to be kidding!!!

Philly right behind us , one extra loss and same amount of wins, in the Eastern Conference. We, mind you , have 2 out of the top 10 players in the NBA on our team. Who do the Cavs and Sixers have? Twice to the Cavs with Melo and the other loss had just Stat on it. Maybe 1 superstar wasn't enough to beat the Cavs, but 2 superstars still can't make it happen? Shouldn't this be concerning.

My previous, pre Melo posts state that the Knicks should go after a big man. It probably would of took less of a package to get a DeAndre Jordan or McGee, and still have a strong bench, because you wouldn't have to give what we gave for Melo, and still have cap room.

We saw after the trade that the Clippers were interested in Gallo from Dever after they got him. Probably could of traded Gallo and Mosgov for DeAndre Jordan and their 1st rounder, and maybe a 2nd rounder to make that work somehow. Make Gallo centerpiece of trade.

Line up

Jordan/Turiaf
Stat/Shawn Willams
Shawn Willams/Fields
Fields/Chandler/Walker
Felton/douglas

Its amazing how Denver has a better record with the guys that were just scrubs on our team, and we cant even beat the Cavs, with Melo and Stat on the team.

stonebari44
View Public Profile
Send a private message to stonebari44
Find all posts by stonebari44
Add stonebari44 to Your Contacts

Sponsored Links

Here is what knick fans are already saying about their team with the Melo trade and, yet they have all the star power in the world to beat the Sixers in a 7 game series.

Hey junior, you still didn't answer LOOTER's question. You do realize that the Knicks beat the Heat right? Think you're team can beat the Heat? LOL look who I'm asking. When you ask a fool expect a foolish answer.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Fools gold? hmmm. Sounds like every team Mike D'antoni has ever coached.

KNICKS were fools gold before adding Melo and Billlups. Even I use to admitt that to the idiots who wanted to keep that team of Gallo and Felton together. But now with Melo, the knicks are legit. Sorry I can't use the word "LEGIT" when describing the Sixers team and their head coach Doug f*cking Collins.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 02:15 PM
I mean your a knicks fan, of course you think that. It's okay though, I go to school in NYC and i find as opposed to arguing with biased people I'll just let the season play itself out.

But you have nothing to base your opinion on. Oh yeah I forgot, the 10 games since the trade where you are a whopping one game better than us in that span. Despite the fact that this team has played only 10 games together and the fact that Billups has been out for six games. Oh of course it doesn't matter right? Because Jrue is better than him anyway, LMAO.

Sixerlover
03-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey junior, you still didn't answer LOOTER's question. You do realize that the Knicks beat the Heat right? Think you're team can beat the Heat? LOL look who I'm asking. When you ask a fool expect a foolish answer.

Personally, I see no reason why a team that beat the Bulls, Spurs, Celtics, and Knicks 2x, and lost to the Mavs and Thunder on last second shots can't beat the Heat in a game. That's kind of awkward to ask.

allSUAVE
03-12-2011, 02:17 PM
PSD where Delusional fans Happends.

allSUAVE
03-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Sixers score 99 per game and give up 97. It's safe to say your team gives up as much as it scores as well.

Now if you wanna throw around bad losses, your squad not only lost to Cleveland but to Toronto twice, Washington twice, Indiana twice and Chicago smacked you by 45 points. Stop it.

Ouch that Hurts! Lol

Sixerlover
03-12-2011, 02:20 PM
But you have nothing to base your opinion on. Oh yeah I forgot, the 10 games since the trade where you are a whopping one game better than us in that span. Despite the fact that this team has played only 10 games together and the fact that Billups has been out for six games.
Trust me I know the Knicks story. I actually watch more Knicks games on TV then Sixers games (all online for me) and I listen to 1050 more than 610 wip because I live in Queens.

The Sixers have a cohesive unit that plays defense and doesn't care who the player is that leads the team in scoring on any given night because they just want to win. The Knicks have two guys who NEED to be high volume scorers to be effective. It's a positive because in a town like NYC the star power is exactly what they need, and in a blue collar town like Philly hustle, hard work, good coaching and defense is what we prefer.

I still stand by the fact that Billups was the most important player traded to NY in that deal because he A. sets a defensive tone, B. controls the game and C. doesn't need to put up 18-20 shots a night to be effective, but can if needed. I see Jrue from my squad as a younger Billups, but not quite on his level. The teams are totally different, but have identical records. In the playoffs it's factual that the game slows down. I want to see how D'Antoni adjusts to that with a team that would rather slow it down (Billups + Melo) and how Amare adjusts to that as well.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 02:21 PM
I seem to giggle whenever I hear the name Doug Collins for some reason. Ha ha ha.lol
Doug Collins may be the only coach I always liked even LESS than MIKE Dantoni. Collins is a Joke and has never won anything of note in The NBA all these years. He goes from team to team and wins nothing, Always gets fired, goes back to announcing with his crying annoying voice. Then gets another coaching gig later. Collins is trash!

76erEaglePhils
Ha ha Lakers lost to cavs also. Does not mean they would in a 7 game series though. Why do you dismiss the Great Knicks win over the HEAT? You only point out the bad knick loses and not the great knick wins. Besides the knicks were only on their 2nd game with melo win theY lost to cavs. No practice time. 2nd game billups was out. Knicks had a 12 pt lead in 4th qtr. knicks lost but it happens. no big deal.I don't care what you post because most of it's garbage. You knicks fans are a bunch of frauds and, hypocrites. You talk so much trash about your team on your own forum then you come in here swinging the star power phrase like an axe making the knicks look like a dynasty which they are far from. You can lose to any team in the nba period with all your so called star power. So stop trying to make the knicks look like something they aren't.

allSUAVE
But you have nothing to base your opinion on. Oh yeah I forgot, the 10 games since the trade where you are a whopping one game better than us in that span. Despite the fact that this team has played only 10 games together and the fact that Billups has been out for six games. Oh of course it doesn't matter right? Because Jrue is better than him anyway, LMAO.

Another OUCH lmao .

KnickFanSince91
03-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Once again comparing there head to head matchups is way too small of a sample size and you're comparing irrelevant stats. Does it really matter that the Knicks had more rebounds in the three games they played. How about Turnovers why don't you look at those because the Sixers would win that category. You just chose stats that would make it look like it was even. The Sixers are a well coached team who plays better defense. If you want to compare stats why don't you look at the Sixers being 5th in fewest turnover and the Knicks being 15th, why don't you look at the Sixers being 10th in opp FG% and the Knicks being 24th, and why don't you look at the Sixers being 13th in points allowed and the Knicks being 27th. I would take those stats any day over blocks per game in a head to head matchup. Also just because the Knicks out rebounded the Knicks in those games doesn't mean the Knicks rebound the ball better. The Knicks are tied for 20th in rebounds and the Sixers are tied for 8th.

Once again you proved how stupid you really are. The thread title is:

Sixers vs. Knicks: Who would you take head to head?

The point of this thread is a direct comparison between the two teams and yet head-to-head stats are meaningless to you because it does nothing to support your argument. You can put up all the Straw Men you want about total NBA rankings but head to head, the Sixers don't match up very well with the Knicks after the trade. It was even before and now it's not. There's no disputing that. In a direct, head to head matchup, the Knicks would win. Hands down. All your "d" hasn't done anything to stop the Knicks from putting up 103 points per game on you before they added more offense. What do you think is going to happen the next time we play? ******.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Ouch that Hurts! Lol

The truth often does hurt. But it's not just the Sixer fans that don't want to accept the fact that the Knicks are back to being a legitimate contender again, it's every fanbase it seems. I think it's about time everyone wakes up and smells the coffee, the Knicks are back.

allSUAVE
03-12-2011, 02:27 PM
I think I Have to requote it

PSD where Delusional fans like "Sixerlover" Happends

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't care what you post because most of it's garbage. You knicks fans are a bunch of frauds and, hypocrites. You talk so much trash about your team on your own forum then you come in here swinging the star power phrase like an axe making the knicks look like a dynasty which they are far from. You can lose to any team in the nba period with all your so called star power. So stop trying to make the knicks look like something they aren't.

Quit while you're...... well, quit while you're losing before you get trampled. I guess that's my best advice.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 02:28 PM

Ha ha ha! I did not even know they lost to those teams including the cavs. And sixer fans have the nerve to talk bout Who the knicks have lost to? They are delusional

Sixerlover
03-12-2011, 02:29 PM
OOOOH OOOH I can be a homer too!! PSD, where instead of responding to post like

Trust me I know the Knicks story. I actually watch more Knicks games on TV then Sixers games (all online for me) and I listen to 1050 more than 610 wip because I live in Queens.

The Sixers have a cohesive unit that plays defense and doesn't care who the player is that leads the team in scoring on any given night because they just want to win. The Knicks have two guys who NEED to be high volume scorers to be effective. It's a positive because in a town like NYC the star power is exactly what they need, and in a blue collar town like Philly hustle, hard work, good coaching and defense is what we prefer.

I still stand by the fact that Billups was the most important player traded to NY in that deal because he A. sets a defensive tone, B. controls the game and C. doesn't need to put up 18-20 shots a night to be effective, but can if needed. I see Jrue from my squad as a younger Billups, but not quite on his level. The teams are totally different, but have identical records. In the playoffs it's factual that the game slows down. I want to see how D'Antoni adjusts to that with a team that would rather slow it down (Billups + Melo) and how Amare adjusts to that as well.

With actual responses where we can have a discussion, allSUAVE choses to say

Instead!!!!

See why I said I'd rather just let the teams play out when it's Philly vs NY teams arguments?

strahan92osi72

76erEaglePhils is the biggest epic failure actually, but Sixerlover isn't too far behind.

allSUAVE
The truth often does hurt. But it's not just the Sixer fans that don't want to accept the fact that the Knicks are back to being a legitimate contender again, it's every fanbase it seems. I think it's about time everyone wakes up and smells the coffee, the Knicks are back.

AMEN..we aiant done yet Either.

Sixerlover
03-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Ha ha ha! I did not even know they lost to those teams including the cavs. And sixer fans have the nerve to talk bout Who the knicks have lost to? They are delusional
Yeah we lost to Cleveland twice during our 3-13 start. Lost to Washington in that stretch too.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah we lost to Cleveland twice during our 3-13 start. Lost to Washington in that stretch too.

HA HA!! So you telling knick fans Knicks should be ashamed and stoned to death for losing to the cavs 3 times but your sixers have lost to the CAVS 2 times themselves!!!!!!! OMG! You can't script this thread any better than this!!!

ILLadelphia
03-12-2011, 02:40 PM
sixers would absolutely win because they legit have 10 players who can all play 35 plus minutes and not lose much if any from fatigue players... and the fact that iguodala is a top flight defender means headaches for melo

Sixerlover
03-12-2011, 02:41 PM
HA HA!! So you telling knick fans Knicks should be ashamed and stoned to death for losing to the cavs 3 times but your sixers have lost to the CAVS 2 times themselves!!!!!!! OMG! You can't script this thread any better than this!!!

Because I said that.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 02:41 PM
They got some bad weed in philly. Stop smokin it. HAHAHA

Punk
03-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Lol this thread is beyond pathetic now.

So, Amare and Melo are the only thing the Knicks have? Sounds like the posts I read when Amare first signed with NY.

No respect for Toney Douglas, no respect for Shawne Williams (top 10 in 3 point percentage), no respect for Turiaf who's been a good shot blocker and energy player.

The Knicks were consistent from the beginning. The Sixers all of a sudden become good and everyone rides their bandwagon. It's sad honestly. Pathetic too.

Counting losses to Cleveland when the Sixers lost to them and Washington. And Memphis (after being down by 23).

Fact is the next 2 years, the Knicks will be Championship contenders and the Sixers will not. Get over it. We beat them the last meeting and I'm pretty sure it will be another win coming up in the last meeting.

I heard Atlanta wasn't better than us but we defeated them twice in less than a month.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 02:43 PM

And here I thought Net fans were the most hilarious. This thread has changed my mind, well maybe it's even.

ILLadelphia
03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
douglas who!? shawne williams who!? hahahahaha get outta here with your non sense... theyre on the team by default because new york needs cheap fill in players

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
sixers would absolutely win because they legit have 10 players who can all play 35 plus minutes and not lose much if any from fatigue players... and the fact that iguodala is a top flight defender means headaches for melo

Most those 10 players on sixers you speak of are good for warming the seats on the bench for real players like Melo, Billups and Amare. Sixers can't win a series with Knicks. Maybe a game or 2. Not 4!!

Sixerlover
03-12-2011, 02:47 PM
...Nevermind I tried. If anyone wants to have an intelligent convo let me know. But like I said twice, I'll just let the season play itself out.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 02:47 PM
and here i thought net fans were the most hilarious. This thread has changed my mind, well maybe it's even.

it's a tie!!! Hahaha!!!

ILLadelphia
03-12-2011, 02:48 PM
lou and thad young both come in and avg 13 or 14 ppg... shawne williams has 6 ppg... hahaha great bench

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 02:48 PM
douglas who!? shawne williams who!? hahahahaha get outta here with your non sense... theyre on the team by default because new york needs cheap fill in players

Jrue who? Iggy who? Brand who? And these are your BEST players, lmao.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 02:49 PM
lou and thad young both come in and avg 13 or 14 ppg... shawne williams has 6 ppg... hahaha great bench

Who?

ILLadelphia
03-12-2011, 02:50 PM
yea considering jrue is 20 years old and avg 14 ppg and 6 ast... iggy get a triple double almost every game and elton brand can hit mid range j's with his eyes shot... arent the knicks still the laughing stock of the nba?

ILLadelphia
03-12-2011, 02:51 PM
lou williams.. you know, sixth man of the year candidate.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 02:53 PM
...Nevermind I tried. If anyone wants to have an intelligent convo let me know. But like I said twice, I'll just let the season play itself out.

But There is no intelligent convo that will conclude that the Sixers will beat the knicks in 7 games. Sorry

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 02:53 PM
yea considering jrue is 20 years old and avg 14 ppg and 6 ast... iggy get a triple double almost every game and elton brand can hit mid range j's with his eyes shot... arent the knicks still the laughing stock of the nba?

Ummm no Rip van Winkle that was five years ago. The Knicks are miles and miles better than your team, shoot you're the only team in the Atlantic without a superstar, you're about to be the laughing stock. Even the garbage Nets have Deron, you got nothing but a bunch of glorified role players. Oh yea you got the Raptors who don't even play in this country, at least you'll be better than them. LMAO.

Punk
03-12-2011, 02:54 PM

This season doesn't matter. Fact is we rebuilt are roster on the fly and still have 34 wins and counting.

Your team isn't getting any better or anywhere.

Billups > Holliday

Fields > Meeks

Melo > Igoudala

Amare > Brand

Jeffries > Hawes

Douglas > Williams

Williams < Young

That's about it.

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Once again you proved how stupid you really are. The thread title is:

Sixers vs. Knicks: Who would you take head to head?

The point of this thread is a direct comparison between the two teams and yet head-to-head stats are meaningless to you because it does nothing to support your argument. You can put up all the Straw Men you want about total NBA rankings but head to head, the Sixers don't match up very well with the Knicks after the trade. It was even before and now it's not. There's no disputing that. In a direct, head to head matchup, the Knicks would win. Hands down. All your "d" hasn't done anything to stop the Knicks from putting up 103 points per game on you before they added more offense. What do you think is going to happen the next time we play? ******.

First off you don't need to go personal with the attacks okay. It's just discussion relax. Second of all we were arguing who was the better team before the trade not who would win head to head before the trade which the Sixers proved they would have. Just because they split 10 statistical categories that you chose to benefit the Knicks doesn't mean they were even. You also compared the stats like they had equal weight. Which would you rather have a higher FG% or more blocks? I guess I'm a ****** for saying one is more important than the other. So either way the Sixers were better before the trade. They were better head to head and they were better compared to the rest of the league. The only reason the Knicks record was better was that the Sixers couldn't close out games and had a really rough start. But right before the trade the Sixers were playing much better than the Knicks. It wasn't even. Stop making it out to be.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 02:58 PM
lou williams.. you know, sixth man of the year candidate.

Nope don't care about him. I doubt anybody outside of Philly does either.

ILLadelphia
03-12-2011, 02:59 PM
thats funny you mentioned that because we dont have a "superstar" and were still .5 behind your flukey knicks... so i guess a superstar isnt really THAT big of a deal... oh by the way we just beat boston and held the spurs to 70 points a few weeks ago.....

Hustla23
03-12-2011, 03:00 PM
And I thought San Fran Giants fans were the biggest homers are PSD.....

ILLadelphia
03-12-2011, 03:00 PM
thats funny you mentioned that because we dont have a "superstar" and were still .5 behind your flukey knicks... so i guess a superstar isnt really THAT big of a deal... oh by the way we just beat boston and held the spurs to 70 points a few weeks ago.....

just sayin

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 03:01 PM
This season doesn't matter. Fact is we rebuilt are roster on the fly and still have 34 wins and counting.

Billups > Holliday

Fields > Meeks

Melo > Igoudala

Amare > Brand

Jeffries > Hawes

Douglas > Williams

Williams < Young

That's about it.

Games aren't played in head to head player matchups that's not how basketball works. I would also argue that Lou is better than Douglas but they are very close.

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 03:02 PM
And I thought San Fran Giants fans were the biggest homers are PSD.....

I think you mean on PSD and your right they are. Just because the Sixers don't have superstars doesn't mean they aren't a good team.

strahan92osi72

You are the dumbest idiot in this forum yet. We have had two superstars for ten games and another healing from an injury. The flukey teams is yours. You are a colossal fool, superstars do win and are a big deal. Gotta love it, the next forum poster is more idiotic than the next.

Sixerlover

Billups > Holliday

Fields > Meeks

Melo > Igoudala

Amare > Brand

Jeffries > Hawes

Douglas > Williams

Williams < Young

That's about it.

Douglas being better than Lou Williams is pretty funny. As is Jeffries being better than Hawes

But the fact that we have essentially the same roster as last year and already improved 7 wins with 15+ games left means that we are getting better. It's gradual, not everything is a Miami like jump from worst to first in 2 years. And even IF all those > signs are true then why isn't Boston undefeated? Games are played like that.

Punk
03-12-2011, 03:04 PM

Uhh okay? You beat a injured Boston and beat a team we beat months ago? Great job?

Fact is we will contenders in the future and you will not be. You go ahead and take pride on this season. Because that's all you can do.

Calling a team flukey and failing to think about the fact 80% of the Knicks record was with Gallinari and Chandler. We are 6-4 with Melo and Amare.

Nothing flukey about that.

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 03:06 PM
I think you mean on PSD and your right they are. Just because the Sixers don't have superstars doesn't mean they aren't a good team.

Nobody's even saying the Sixers aren't a quality team but they are not on the Knicks level, and not very close either.

LOOTERX9
03-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Jrue who? Iggy who? Brand who? And these are your BEST players, lmao.

Legends of the game who transcends sports! Ratings shootup 50% when they are playing!!! Reminds me Of the Jordan era!! Hahahahahahahaah!!!!

strahan92osi72
03-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Legends of the game who transcends sports! Ratings shootup 50% when they are playing!!! Reminds me Of the Jordan era!! Hahahahahahahaah!!!!

Hahahahaha. Oh totally, how can I forget about these outstanding players? Hahahahaha. Seriously most of these clowns ate one cheesesteak too many. Hahahahaha.

ILLadelphia
03-12-2011, 03:11 PM
yous are a bunch of dick riders hahaha how about this stat... sixers 2 wins knicks 1 win this season... now be faithful fans and take your backseat as of right now.. melo or no melo

EaglesJackson10
03-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Nobody's even saying the Sixers aren't a quality team but they are not on the Knicks level, and not very close either.

Where are you getting this from. Here's a quote from an NBA scout about the Knicks. Your being a homer if you really think the Knicks are that good.

"I see them as a fifth seed in the best case. They have some of the same issues as Miami to some degree. You have to have a really strong bench to do something in the playoffs. I just don't see them able to get past that.

"I'm not so worried about Melo and Amare [Stoudemire] playing together. Amare is definitely a [Mike] D'Antoni guy; he's proven that in two places now. There's going to be an adjustment for Melo, because he's an isolation player and D'Antoni's system has all the ball movement and pick-and-roll action. But I think those guys will play well together.

"They like each other and wanted to play together. Maybe Chauncey Billups can give them more than I [expect], but they don't have enough to win a playoff series. They'll be good when their two guys are scoring, but not great."

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110311-13/nba-scouts-say