PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose: Sam Mitchell sabotaged Vince Carter

JordansBulls
03-10-2011, 05:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?callsign=ESPNRADIO&id=6198290&autoplay=1

Raptors stuff starts at the 50 minute mark.

Jalen Rose basically says Sam Mitchell purposely benched Vince in 4th quarters.

210Don
03-10-2011, 05:17 PM
i could believe it.

mjt20mik
03-10-2011, 05:26 PM
It's believable. However, Carter was really upset with Toronto when they drafted Bosh instead of Wade.

phoenix_bladen
03-10-2011, 05:27 PM
It's believable. However, Carter was really upset with Toronto when they drafted Bosh instead of Wade.

he should be..... bosh is a scrub

mjt20mik
03-10-2011, 05:31 PM
he should be..... bosh is a scrub

Haha. Well Bosh fit what the Raps were in dire need for, a big man. I mean you can put some of the blame on Sam, but in the end it was Carter who screwed himself and screwed the organization.

sp1derm00
03-10-2011, 05:38 PM

Really? Never knew about this.

Why would he want Wade over Bosh when they needed a big and Wade played the same position?

smith&wesson
03-10-2011, 05:45 PM
im a raptor fan. and i will be the first to ask you guys to give respect to carter where its due. the man was THE only player to actually take us out of the first round of the playoffs in franchise history. he put toronto on the map with his dunk compition in a raps jersey.

he wanted to win. he wanted dr jay to be the new gm. instead they hired rob babcock, one of the worst gm's of all time. rob babcock went on to trade carter for eric and aron williams who were out of the league a season or two later. he bought out alonzo mourning 10 mill contract so that he doestn have to report to the raptors.

im sorry but if i was vince, and i gave 6 of my prime years to toronto and saw that they were hiring guys like babcock to be the new gm i would def want out as well.

sam mitchel was a terrible coach. would not wish him apaun any nba franchise as a head coach. maybe an assistant but def not a head coach. he doesnt develop young talent well. he keeps a short leash on all your young players, even gets in to fist fights and altercations with players. i never liked his aproach to the game. he was a terrible coach.

if i was vince i would have wanted out as well. you cant blame him for wanting a better opertunity. he left toronto to play with kidd and jeffreson in all honesty which of us wouldnt have gone to jersey to play with kidd at the time ? what was he going to stick around for in toronto to do exactly ? get kicked out of the first round year after year, IF they even made the play offs ?

smith&wesson
03-10-2011, 05:50 PM

i was just as upset when we selected bosh over wade. arent you ? wade could have been in a toronto jersey all this time.

smith&wesson
03-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Haha. Well Bosh fit what the Raps were in dire need for, a big man. I mean you can put some of the blame on Sam, but in the end it was Carter who screwed himself and screwed the organization.

true but this is why you select best available talent and not base your pick on team need.

if MJ was in the draft but you needed a big man your not going to select MJ any ways ?

my point management didnt know what f they were doing, and carter was more then well aware of that.

ALSO jalen rose was on the team at the time, so i beleive him when he says sam mitchel would pull somthing stupid like that. thats soo much like sam its unbeleivable.

Rego247
03-10-2011, 05:56 PM
yea well sam was a moron, and so was wince. so it makes no difference.

Mile High Champ
03-10-2011, 06:03 PM

Actually Vince wanted the Raptors to trade the pick for veteran help. Wade was never a part of the discussion.

Mile High Champ
03-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Vince quit on Toronto so I am really not surprised by this one bit it is indeed true. Jalen Rose needs to learn to just shut his mouth.

Rego247
03-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Actually Vince wanted the Raptors to trade the pick for veteran help. Wade was never a part of the discussion.

thats what i remember.

enserio
03-10-2011, 06:19 PM
being on the raptors is sabotage in and of itself. I think Vince made the best of it, given who he is, too.

John Walls Era
03-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Before or after VC "tipped opposing teams off on Raptors late game strategies"?

Um... no. Why would VC want Wade? Had Alvin Williams and Mo Pete at the time, VC wanted to trade the pick and get some veteran help.

McJoe
03-10-2011, 06:24 PM

That's what I remember as well. I remember Ford being in the discussion as he was a PG and we needed one of those too but I don't remember the Raptors considering Wade at all.

John Walls Era
03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Bosh (despite the hate he gets) was a good pick. I don't think Babcock chose Bosh, but whoever it was probably should've listened to Vince. VC was a superstar back then and sometimes you have to at least pretend to care about what they say.

Mile High Champ
03-10-2011, 07:38 PM
being on the raptors is sabotage in and of itself. I think Vince made the best of it, given who he is, too.

The first part of your post makes no sense what so ever.

mjt20mik
03-10-2011, 08:38 PM

Oh ok. My fault then. Maybe I was mixing him being upset we didn't get the 1st pick and Lebron, cause he represented the Raptors in the draft right?

smith&wesson
03-10-2011, 08:55 PM

idiot.

JasonJohnHorn
03-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Well... I would bench the guy to if he was tanking his performance and telling guys what plays the coach was running. Why would you play a guy who was shooting 41% in crunch time? Look at Rip Hamilton. He's not shooting, they arent playing him. It is just the way it happens.