PDA

View Full Version : Bulls traded LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas and Viktor Khryapa

KnIckNy212
03-10-2011, 02:50 PM
I know the Bulls are a legit title contender this year and probably for alot of years to come but after watching L.A drop 26 on the Heat imagine if the Bulls didnt trade this guy. I know they have Boozer and hes a good solid PF but hes not a better player than L.A he has turned into a top 10 PF in this league and Boozer is no longer in that group. From watching both Thomas at LSU and Aldridge at Texas I thought than Aldridge had the better all around game and I thought he would become a better Pro than Thomas to. I wonder what the Bulls saw in Thomas that they didnt see in L.A :confused::confused::confused:

king4day
03-10-2011, 02:54 PM
If Bulls kept Aldridge, they may have won or lost a few more games and the lottery balls could have dropped differently when they wound up getting Rose.

It's not good to assume things would have followed the same path. It's bad for the psyche. :)

Hellcrooner
03-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Muscle and jumpin.

Its all bout muscle and jumping nowdays , Gms dont care for talent iq and or skills any more.

Some times it works like Dwight.

Some times it backfires ( kwame and chandler taken before skinny pau)

ChitownSports16
03-10-2011, 02:57 PM
yet another knick fan hating on the Bulls...

You relize that we wouldnt have rose right??

abe_froman
03-10-2011, 02:57 PM
this an odd to bring up now

but yes its one of the biggest mistakes of the decade for us.as for what we saw in thomas? we were blinded by his freakish athleticism(we're taking griffen level freak)...its just his head couldnt come along with it

Cool007
03-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Why is this thread again???

I much rather have Derrick Rose than Aldridge anyday anyway.

If we had Aldridge, we wouldn't have Derrick Rose right now.

/thread.

DLeeicious
03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
At the time it was VERY tough to pick between the two, if I recall correctly it was Bargnani who went #1 that draft and Toronto all but said that was their pick so all the discussion was Tyrus vs LA for the number 2. I remember at the time being so torn and agonized over it so much that I finally just said I don't care who they take it's a wash, but admitedly I leaned towards Tyrus.

Point is, yeah in hindsight it was terrible, but at the time it was a crapshoot and Tyrus could have panned out and LA flopped, oh well.

MJ-BULLS
03-10-2011, 03:06 PM
If we had LA we wouldn't have had Rose.

PurpleJesus28
03-10-2011, 03:07 PM
If Bulls kept Aldridge, they may have won or lost a few more games and the lottery balls could have dropped differently when they wound up getting Rose.

It's not good to assume things would have followed the same path. It's bad for the psyche. :)

+1

all in all, im ok with the ways things turned out. ended up with some guy named derrick rose whose turned out to be pretty decent ;)

im guessin the picked Thomas off of his potential and athleticism. sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. you could look in just about every draft and think of scenarios like this, damn near drive a man crazy.

bovice163
03-10-2011, 03:08 PM
I'd much rather have Rose and Boozer, than LA and an average point guard.

Doogolas
03-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I'll take Rose and the Charlotte pick over LA every time.

haggis
03-10-2011, 03:12 PM

^this

da wood
03-10-2011, 03:12 PM
L.A. is a good player and hes a legit 6'11 hands down i like him

magichatnumber9
03-10-2011, 03:16 PM
You all realize L.A took a few years off. He's now coming into his own as a dominate player. Dude been in the league a good minute.

pd1dish
03-10-2011, 03:18 PM
I know the Bulls are a legit title contender this year and probably for alot of years to come but after watching L.A drop 26 on the Heat imagine if the Bulls didnt trade this guy. I know they have Boozer and hes a good solid PF but hes not a better player than L.A he has turned into a top 10 PF in this league and Boozer is no longer in that group. From watching both Thomas at LSU and Aldridge at Texas I thought than Aldridge had the better all around game and I thought he would become a better Pro than Thomas to. I wonder what the Bulls saw in Thomas that they didnt see in L.A :confused::confused::confused:

yes, yes we know. bulls fans have been killing themselves over this for a couple years now.

Originally Posted by king4day

It's not good to assume things would have followed the same path. It's bad for the psyche.

this is very true

flclfanman
03-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Lost out on LA

Helped us get Rose. Works for me :shrug:

D Roses Bulls
03-10-2011, 03:58 PM

sorry dude, but I think you are lying. no one thought at the time the bulls made a mistake picking thomas up. thomas just had a monster tourney and looked like he was gonna change the face of the forward position with his freak athleticism. this is one of the very few wrong judgements i have even made. everyone back then thought aldridge was over hyped.

Bob_at_york
03-10-2011, 04:00 PM
sorry dude, but I think you are lying. no one thought at the time the bulls made a mistake picking thomas up. thomas just had a monster tourney and looked like he was gonna change the face of the forward position with his freak athleticism. this is one of the very few wrong judgements i have even made. everyone back then thought aldridge was over hyped.

I think this season that Aldridge is over-hyped.

Doogolas
03-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Yep.

Confusious
03-10-2011, 04:06 PM
We're aware of such a stupid mistake.

shen
03-10-2011, 04:08 PM
You all realize L.A took a few years off. He's now coming into his own as a dominate player. Dude been in the league a good minute.

?????

He has played every year since drafted and before this season had an average of 18ppg and like 7 or 8 rpg. This is after missing end of rookie year because of heart condition. He has been a solid PF his entire career. His problem was always being to much outside and not enough down low force. He bulked up without losing anything and added more post game.

How so? He if anything has gone under the radar. He was better then several players who were ahead of him for all star. He was February or January Western Conference player of the month because he was easily the most dominant player of the month. Wait are you one of the players that before the season was saying LA blows when compared to your guy from Europe?

Doogolas
03-10-2011, 04:10 PM
?????

He has played every year since drafted and before this season had an average of 18ppg and like 7 or 8 rpg. This is after missing end of rookie year because of heart condition. He has been a solid PF his entire career. His problem was always being to much outside and not enough down low force. He bulked up without losing anything and added more post game.

How so? He if anything has gone under the radar. He was better then several players who were ahead of him for all star. He was February Western Conference player of the month because he was easily the most dominant player of the month. Wait are you one of the players that before the season was saying LA blows when compared to your guy from Europe?

No he wasn't. Because while he puts up points, he's rather inefficient for the Power Forward position and is a below average rebounder for the position as well. His numbers are a step up, but he's still not an elite PF. Another jump and he'll be there, but he needs to score more efficiently as a big man.

Kyben36
03-10-2011, 04:11 PM

we would not have rose. LMA is a hell of a player, I regret trading him, but at the time there was alot of concern about his toughness and if he could make it in the NBA.

Plus, Thomas could have been pretty much the best PF in the league, he he would mature some.

shen
03-10-2011, 04:14 PM
He is 49.8% completion, how is that not efficient?

shen
03-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Also his PER is less then two points lower then Pau Gasol so is he not efficient?

shen
03-10-2011, 04:17 PM
For the record I agree with the Bulls fans who have said that would rather have Rose then take LMA and risk not getting Rose.

Doogolas
03-10-2011, 04:17 PM
He is 49.8% completion, how is that not efficient?

Because he is a big man. League average for Power Forward that have played at least 25 minutes in 20+ games is 49.3%. He's barely above league average in that regard. And the league average ts% is .551, while his is .550. Basically average.

He's not really much better than an average offensive PF. And with him not being a stud defender and not being a stud rebounder, that puts him at, well, fairly middle of the road for his position.

shen
03-10-2011, 04:19 PM
He is 20th in shooting and about 8 or 10 of the guys ahead of him take at least 2-8 shots less then him a game. Then you add in he can get points inside in the paint and he can get them from mid range. He can score on fast break and he can score in sets.

allSUAVE
03-10-2011, 04:23 PM

SHUT THE HELL UP ..because i defiantly did think lamarcus aldridge was better ..all the hype was around ty because of his energy thats it!!!!!!

Doogolas
03-10-2011, 04:24 PM
He is 20th in shooting and about 8 or 10 of the guys ahead of him take at least 2-8 shots less then him a game. Then you add in he can get points inside in the paint and he can get them from mid range. He can score on fast break and he can score in sets.

He's a good player, but he's just not special. Sorry. And no, he's not 20th in shooting. Hell, there are 23 Power Forwards player 20+ minutes per game and at least 30 games that are shooting at a higher percentage than him. And if I narrow it down to 30+ minutes per game and at least 12 shots per game, it's still 12 Power Forwards ahead of him in FG%.

D Roses Bulls
03-10-2011, 04:26 PM
SHUT THE HELL UP ..because i defiantly did think lamarcus aldridge was better ..all the hype was around ty because of his energy thats it!!!!!!

man you sure are sensitive and stop sending me pms please, I dont even know who you are and thomas just came off like averaging like 6 blocks a game in the tourney. so it wasn't just about his "energy"

shen
03-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Actually he is 20th in the league I checked before posting something you should look into.

Doogolas
03-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Actually he is 20th in the league I checked before posting something you should look into.

http://www.hoopdata.com/regstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=PF&yr=2011&gp=30&mins=30

He can't be 20th in the league in shooting. Do you mean scoring? If you do, then pointing out that there are guys ahead of him who take less shots is a terrible idea. And pointing out there are guys taking more means nothing out of context either. Because he's mediocre in terms of efficiency because of his position, not compared to perimeter players.

Look how many guys have a higher FG% than him at his own position. And quite a few of them take nera as many shots.

hugepatsfan
03-10-2011, 04:30 PM
It was a mistake, no doubt. But every team makes mistakes. Good front offices work doesn't mean you never make mistakes - it means you overcome the mistakes you do make.

PurpleJesus
03-10-2011, 04:33 PM
if the timberwolves would have kept garnett, then not traded roy for foye, then signed lebron james, we would have been title contenders..."ifs" are the worst argument when talking about sports.

hugepatsfan
03-10-2011, 04:35 PM
if the timberwolves would have kept garnett, then not traded roy for foye, then signed lebron james, we would have been title contenders..."ifs" are the worst argument when talking about sports.

Trading Roy for Foye really is one of the franchise altering moves of this past decade. If MIN had Roy and he flashed like he did early in his POR career, maybe MIN keeps KG and builds around them 2.

allSUAVE
03-10-2011, 04:37 PM
man you sure are sensitive and stop sending me pms please, I dont even know who you are and thomas just came off like averaging like 6 blocks a game in the tourney. so it wasn't just about his "energy"

I sent you one message to voice my oppinion on a topic ..ty was under-size and just pure hype ..i knew that was a bust/dub ..nbadraft.net even had LA over him..it wasnt no secret .dude couldnt shoot a lick

Geargo Wallace
03-10-2011, 04:37 PM
I think KnIckNy212 is trying to be the next JB. Awful thread.

PurpleJesus
03-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Trading Roy for Foye really is one of the franchise altering moves of this past decade. If MIN had Roy and he flashed like he did early in his POR career, maybe MIN keeps KG and builds around them 2.

yup, and if miami saved the money they spent on bosh, and put better role players on the team they would be better

if Cleveland didnt waste money on mediocre talent during the lebron years, lebron may still be there

if Isaiha Thomas was never in charge of the Knicks, the Knicks would maybe not have amare or melo

if the Celtics never traded for Ray Allen, KG never would have agreed to a trade there

so many ifs...an if is not a compelling argument.

Wade>You
03-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Who cares, the NBA bails them out every time ---- up.

If I'm a Chicago fan, I never worry because they NBA needs them to be successful in order to make money. That's why they're so invested in making sure they stay competitive. This year, they're going for the MVP.

bovice163
03-10-2011, 04:44 PM

If I'm a Chicago fan, I never worry because they NBA needs them to be successful in order to make money. That's why they're so invested in making sure they stay competitive.

he mad

Doogolas
03-10-2011, 04:45 PM
I sent you one message to voice my oppinion on a topic ..ty was under-size and just pure hype ..i knew that was a bust/dub ..nbadraft.net even had LA over him..it wasnt no secret .dude couldnt shoot a lick

Interesting that you bring up shooting when Tyrus has a better jumpshot% than LA does. Especially each of the last three years where he's:

Tyrus:
45%
41%
42%

LA:
40%
41%
38%

twoearl
03-10-2011, 04:51 PM
What it a awful pick? Yes

Would Bulls fan change the past? Heck no.

The END.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-10-2011, 04:54 PM
This is a big story.....if its 2007.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I hate when these type of threads come up. Like the Darko thread.

The Bulls were already considering drafting Tyrus Thomas with the 2nd anyways. They drafted Aldridge because the Blazers wanted him and were worried that the Bobcats would take him.

hawkeyefootball
03-10-2011, 05:03 PM

If I'm a Chicago fan, I never worry because they NBA needs them to be successful in order to make money. That's why they're so invested in making sure they stay competitive. This year, they're going for the MVP.

You may be one of the biggest idiots to ever live.

RZZZA
03-10-2011, 05:05 PM
LOL@this thread

Just a few days ago in the bulls forum I said I would trade Boozer for LaMarcus Aldridge and I got DESTROYED

Lim
03-10-2011, 05:07 PM
the bulls also traded elton brand for tyson chandler and brian skinner..:facepalm:

arkanian215
03-10-2011, 05:14 PM
This year's Favors vs Cousins draft decision is in the same boat. Cousins is more polished and has skills (and is more of a center but it really depends on who is paired with him in the front court) and Favors is extremely raw but has great athleticism, size and length.

mjt20mik
03-10-2011, 05:32 PM

Do you honestly believe that the lottery is not rigged? I think they could have still gotten Rose.

BradyIsTheMan12
03-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Aldridge wasn't a big contributor his rookie season(he was pretty good, but not like now), so you may very well have gotten Rose anyways.

cubswin25
03-10-2011, 05:43 PM

Yeah the problem is with LA they would have made the playoffs in 07-08(LA 17.8 PPG and 7.6 rebounds per game easily makes them 4 or 5 games better), and never been in the draft lottery to get D-Rose. So you gotta look at it as Rose/Boozer > LA.

KH12
03-10-2011, 05:48 PM
I think Viktor Khryapa more than makes up the difference between Aldridge and Thomas.

cubswin25
03-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Do you honestly believe that the lottery is not rigged? I think they could have still gotten Rose.

Even if it is you have to be in the lottery to get a chance at the top pick. The Bulls missed the playoffs by 4 games that season. If they have Aldridge 18 points and 8 rebounds, they easily make the playoffs with the other guys they had one that team.

DLeeicious
03-10-2011, 05:57 PM

You are so cool. Thanks for the input captain hindsight.

Wow I mean I can't get over how cool you are for having such great foresight on an issue that NO ONE else was as confident as you. Wow.

Aldridge wasn't a big contributor his rookie season(he was pretty good, but not like now), so you may very well have gotten Rose anyways.

Butterfly effect tho. If you sneezed prior to the lottery at any point in your life that you didn't sneeze the first time around we wouldn't have got the first pick. Rose may not even have been born in fact.

DLeeicious
03-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I think Viktor Khryapa more than makes up the difference between Aldridge and Thomas.

Yeah this point seems to be getting lost here, for some reason people forget Viktor was part of this deal.

SaimoNETS
03-10-2011, 05:59 PM

No way. The dude is averaging 20 and 10 and carrying his team day in and day out. And he didn't even get selected to be on the AS team. He deserves all the hype that he's getting.

NYKnickFanatic
03-10-2011, 06:09 PM
yet another knick fan hating on the Bulls...

You relize that we wouldnt have rose right??

How is he hating on the Bulls? Stop being such a sensitive *****. He never said anything bad about them.

cubswin25
03-10-2011, 06:18 PM
the bulls also traded elton brand for tyson chandler and brian skinner..:facepalm:

Yep those were the type of moves that set the Bulls back and why it took them from 97-98 to 04-05 to be a playoff team again. They had some bust drafts picks like Marcus Fizer, Jay Williams, Eddie Curry, Jamal Crawford and even Chandler. Sure guys like Crawford and Chandler were solid NBA players, but they have not lived up to top pick status. Then when they did draft well like with Brand or even Ron Artest. Well they traded them away and got nothing in return that helped them out long term. It wasn't until Paxson took over and started drafting guys like Hinrich, Deng/Gordon, Noah and Rose. So other then the Tyrus Thomas/LaMarcus Aldridge trade, he did a good job drafting overall and it's why the Bulls are where they are today. Plus lets remember that the only reason the Bulls had the number 2 pick in 06 is because the Knicks gave us there 1st round pick for Eddy Curry. That trade also allowed them to swap picks in 07 with the Knicks to get Noah as well. So if it wasn't for Eddy Curry the Knicks could have LaMarcus Aldridge and or Noah on their roster right now.

pacofunk64
03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
You are right they did make that trade. Bulls have made some terrible moves. They were looking for the next superstar & Ty Thomas had all the athletic ability in the world.

cubswin25
03-10-2011, 06:29 PM
How is he hating on the Bulls? Stop being such a sensitive *****. He never said anything bad about them.

I agree, plus if you look at the big picture. The Knicks are the ones who really lost out here. The Bulls got that pick from the Knicks for Eddy Curry who the Bulls didn't he was worth giving big money. It's not like Bulls fans suffered a long losing season, and were rewarded with the number 2 pick. They were the 7th seed in the East and got the number 2 pick. Overall everything worked out fine for the Bulls, because not getting Aldridge allowed them to get Rose. So maybe Knicks fans don't care because they have Amare now either. But on the other hand they could have Aldridge,Melo and Amare money on someone else.

Sportfan
03-10-2011, 06:36 PM
LMA would have lost them rose?

The bulls were supposed to have the 9th pick and won the lotto to get Rose. Saying LMA would lose that chance is the uber lulz

metsbulls1025
03-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Even if it is rigged we most likely would have won more games with LA so we wouldn't have been in the lottery. Hell even 1 spot back we obviously wouldn't have got it. I believe we had the 9th pick that year.

Anyways not knowing what we know now it was a stupid trade and I hated it the minute it went down. I am one of the few Bulls fans who thinks our FO is lucky to be in the position it is now. We had just under a 2 percent chance to get the number 1 pick and did. If we didn't have Rose we wouldn't have Boozer or had a chance at any of these big names this past summer. They held on to that "core" of several years ago and refused to trade any of them to move the team forward. There are plenty of quotes from our FO where they say they wanted to keep the core together. Well there is 1 guy left from that core now.

They have picked bad coaches and are lucky they got a second chance at Thibs after not waiting last year. They also haven't tried to get better at deadlines. If it isn't shredding money they don't trade. Now it is not like we would be giving up value. They have refused to trade bench players for starters because of chemistry. Don't come at me with this Boozer injury because it was a freak thing that happened and no one in our FO can see the future so they didn't pull the trigger because of that.

With that said this FO is very very very lucky.

hugepatsfan
03-10-2011, 06:37 PM
yup, and if miami saved the money they spent on bosh, and put better role players on the team they would be better

if Cleveland didnt waste money on mediocre talent during the lebron years, lebron may still be there

if Isaiha Thomas was never in charge of the Knicks, the Knicks would maybe not have amare or melo

if the Celtics never traded for Ray Allen, KG never would have agreed to a trade there

so many ifs...an if is not a compelling argument.

I agree. But some "ifs" have a much more extended effect than others. The one you pointed out about Roy and MIN just caught my attention because of the effects it had on the Celtics. It's amazing to think about how changing just 1 thing like that can have such a huge effect on NBA history. MIN takes Roy => maybe they build aroun him and KG => BOS, instead of trading for Ray to lure KG, trades Pierce away and goes into total rebuild mode => etc. There are a lot of other moves that can be looked at like this. I think it's fun to every now and then try to map out the "domino effect" of certain moves. :shrug:

heathonater
03-10-2011, 06:38 PM
if the bulls hadnt been able to draft rose a couple of years ago, we would be having a completely different conversation. in hindsight, trading lamarcus to the blazers was a bad decision, but they were able to make up for it when they selected rose.

xxcubs22xx
03-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Once again, another ******** thread. Who gives a damn about LA being traded for TT? That was way back in Bulls history and it holds no relevance to today.

It may have been a bad decision but after that the Bulls FO has done a fine job.

Rosh
03-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I'd rather have Rose than Aldridge.

cubswin25
03-10-2011, 06:42 PM
LMA would have lost them rose?

The bulls were supposed to have the 9th pick and won the lotto to get Rose. Saying LMA would lose that chance is the uber lulz

What are you talking about? Having Lamarcus Aldridge, would have put the Bulls in the playoffs in 07-08. So if they have LA they aren't a lottery team, and don't even have a chance to get lucky with the ping pong balls coming up the right way. It's not like the Bulls had a terrible team that year that won only 18-21 games. They won 33 without Aldridge 18/8 and that season the 8th seed won 37 games. So having Aldridge over Joe Smith or Tyrus Thomas would have made a difference. It would be a different story if Aldridge being on the team probably didn't put them in the playoffs. But with Aldridge the Bulls would have had Hinrich/Gordon/Deng/Aldridge and Wallace/Noah/Gooden and probably made the playoffs.

Rndy
03-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Haven't the Bulls had enough jump shooter crappy rebounding PF? I'll take Rose and Boozer.

NBA_Starter
03-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Great move, eh

bulls_world23
03-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Rose + charlottes pick > LA

drobe86
03-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Haven't the Bulls had enough jump shooter crappy rebounding PF? I'll take Rose and Boozer.

Yea except for Aldridge isn't any of the things you mentioned above. Add that to the fact that he's 10x better than Boozer now and he has upside... Boozer is pretty much done given that he misses 50+ games per season..

CubsFanBudMan#1
03-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I remember when they made this trade. The Bulls were said to be concerned with Lamarcus's ability to score in the paint.

Ray_R
03-10-2011, 10:58 PM

Where the **** where they 1999-2008?

Iggz53
03-10-2011, 11:38 PM
I'll take Boozer over Aldridge

drobe86
03-10-2011, 11:53 PM
I'll take Boozer over Aldridge

And you're a fool.... Don't believe me hell look at the numbers. And Boozer is gonna miss at least half of the season EVERY YEAR not some some. Boozer is above average but he only went to what 2 all star games? Whereas Aldridge is top 5 at his position and top 15 in the NBA right now. Boozer has no potential and brngs only a pick and pop to the table....

Doogolas
03-10-2011, 11:56 PM
And you're a fool.... Don't believe me hell look at the numbers. And Boozer is gonna miss at least half of the season EVERY YEAR not some some. Boozer is above average but he only went to what 2 all star games? Whereas Aldridge is top 5 at his position and top 15 in the NBA right now. Boozer has no potential and brngs only a pick and pop to the table....

Except that Boozer is better at literally everything but defense. And Aldridge isn't even much better at that, cause, well, Aldridge isn't a very good defender.

Don't believe me? Hell... look at the numbers.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Who cares? Bulls fans have beaten this to death enough already and we continue to say the same thing. Thanks Tyrus Thomas for sucking enough in 07-08 for us to land the #1 pick.

mrblisterdundee
03-11-2011, 12:07 AM
That's right; the Bulls traded LaMarcus Aldridge for "Khryap." You got Michael Jordan from us, so get over it.

cubswin25
03-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Don't believe me hell look at the numbers. And Boozer is gonna miss at least half of the season EVERY YEAR not some some.

??? every year? Before this season he played at least 74 games in 3 of the last 4 years. While this season main injury was a fluke thing that happen in the off season and not basketball related. Boozer has played in 9 seasons now, and played at least 74 games in 5 of them(likely 50 games plus in 7 of 9 of them). So has he been a little more injury prone then you would have liked? Sure but dont act like he misses half the season every year.

DwayneMVPwade
03-11-2011, 12:50 AM
trade looked good back in 2006

Iggz53
03-11-2011, 12:55 AM

Wow, great explanation. Lets see...Aldridge is better than Boozer because:

1. "Look at the numbers"
2. Boozer only went to 2 All-Star games
3. Boozer has no potential
4. Aldridge is a Top 15 NBA player

Great analysis :clap:

hyb152
03-11-2011, 01:12 AM
If the bulls didn't trade aldridge, they wouldn't have been in position to draft Rose.

Red Hot Rolllin
03-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Thank you Chicago, we love that dealio

Shmontaine
03-11-2011, 11:42 AM

we're okay with it too...

Ray_R
03-11-2011, 01:54 PM

No problem,, we had to find a way to repay you for giving us Jordan.

Chi StateOfMind
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
i dont care win win for me...portland has a great player and we drafted a greater player...so i think we should be thanking portland

o yea and LA shoulda been an all-star over duncan or at least an all-star...PERIOD!!!

Lake_Show2416
03-11-2011, 02:05 PM
things worked out just fine for the bulls.. I'm pretty sure they are happy enough when they got Rose

ghettosean
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM

AGREED!!! People don't realize this when they make these threads it's all about fantasy land and pointing fingers at GM's or ownership as to what a big screw up they made doing this and that.

Would be interesting if they were on the same team though.

Lake_Show2416
03-11-2011, 02:07 PM
i dont care win win for me...portland has a great player and we drafted a greater player...so i think we should be thanking portland

o yea and LA shoulda been an all-star over Blake or at least an all-star...PERIOD!!!

fixed

Chi StateOfMind
03-11-2011, 02:14 PM
fixed

he should of been an all-star and got snubbed but he will only get better and will be one next year-hopefully

ghettosean
03-11-2011, 02:17 PM
fixed
You're going to have to blame the fans on this one because it was the fans cries that he should be an All Star this year that got him there the same case was made for Love but no one fought hard for Aldrige though I agree that he is putting up all star numbers but there's only so much room on the team ;)

Lake_Show2416
03-11-2011, 02:23 PM
You're going to have to blame the fans on this one because it was the fans cries that he should be an All Star this year that got him there the same case was made for Love but no one fought hard for Aldrige though I agree that he is putting up all star numbers but there's only so much room on the team ;)

it was the LA connection between Blake n Love that secured them in IMO... it's all politics

stop40
03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes, that is a fact. But, I'll take Rose and Noah.

Blazers#1Fan
03-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Bulls fans you do realize LA didn't put up great numbers until the last few years right we got the #1 draft choice the next year and we had LA and Roy! You guys had it 2 years after that

Bulls would have probably still got Rose and probably would have LA and Rose Deng Noah and probably got a SG with the cash and not Boozer it was a big time Fail and I thank You but like everybody knows the Draft isn't a fur sure thing everybody thinks it is but there's always a Hit and Miss you never know its like playing Heads or Tails but Bulls would be a Monster Team now but thank you Bulls and Kevin Pritchard you made my Trailblazers great when we traded for LA and Traded for Roy I Jumped out of my seat and called everybody I wanted those 2 from the start I'm a Big Texas and Washington Buckeye fan my teams the ducks and beavs but those are the next 3 in line huskies long horns Buckeyes because I have ties to all those places and I hate LSU but La and Roy are what brought a lot of fans back to the Garden everybody should of seen it during jail blazers ERA empty seats everywhere I was always there I met Dmiles and ZBO A LOT at the Garden and off Mlk in P-O

(SCARY)
Noah
LA
Deng
(FA SG)
Rose

(Happy)
Camby
LA
Wallace
Matthews
Miller

ROY
Batum

ragee
03-11-2011, 07:57 PM
They wouldn't have gotten Rose if they wisely took LA over Thomas...

RZZZA
03-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Bulls fans you do realize LA didn't put up great numbers until the last few years right we got the #1 draft choice the next year and we had LA and Roy! You guys had it 2 years after that

Bulls would have probably still got Rose and probably would have LA and Rose Deng Noah and probably got a SG with the cash and not Boozer it was a big time Fail and I thank You but like everybody knows the Draft isn't a fur sure thing everybody thinks it is but there's always a Hit and Miss you never know its like playing Heads or Tails but Bulls would be a Monster Team now but thank you Bulls and Kevin Pritchard you made my Trailblazers great when we traded for LA and Traded for Roy I Jumped out of my seat and called everybody I wanted those 2 from the start I'm a Big Texas and Washington Buckeye fan my teams the ducks and beavs but those are the next 3 in line huskies long horns Buckeyes because I have ties to all those places and I hate LSU but La and Roy are what brought a lot of fans back to the Garden everybody should of seen it during jail blazers ERA empty seats everywhere I was always there I met Dmiles and ZBO A LOT at the Garden and off Mlk in P-O

(SCARY)
Noah
LA
Deng
(FA SG)
Rose

(Happy)
Camby
LA
Wallace
Matthews
Miller

ROY
Batum

oh my god, please, can you use punctuation next time? lol I don't mean to be a dick but that's torture to read.

Madtown22
03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
He's good but Tyrus was hyped quite a bit that yr.

NBA-GMaster
03-11-2011, 08:46 PM
I rather have Tyrus than Aldridge in that draft year.. Tyrus is a leading shotblocker and a high flyer in their college years..

topdog
03-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Feel lucky that you've had such "mistakes" to make... My Timberpuppies have had a far worse record more often and have never once selected in the top 2.

Thomas was the sexy pick back then and his cohort Glenn Davis would have gone pretty high in that draft too. Aldridge was another KG-lite question mark at the time. And there were a lot of losers (teamwise) in that draft (see: Bobcats, Hawks, Wolves, Suns...)