PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love and Being White

mRc08
03-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey guys,

I am posting because i have been hearing a lot about how kevin love is having a great season, but its not as impressive because he plays for the wolves. He's playing on a bad team so its easier for him to get those rebounds and points. But realistically, he is facing NBA talen every night and is facing other great big men every night. The question I have is, why hasn't he gotten as much love as somebody else who is putting up the same numbers as he has. Lets say, lebron has had 52 straight double doubles and was averaging the same stats as love. People would say that it was unbelievable and he was the best player in the NBA. Or say Amare, people would be freaking out calling him a hall of famer. So why then is love not getting, well, love? Is the fact that he is undersized, less athletic compared to other PF, and white take away from his accomplishments? In other words, since an undersized white guy is doing it, it can't be that hard? Its a black mans league, and the freak athletes usually dominate it, but why do we value athletics over hustle, technique, and skill? If you insert love's season stats for any other african american big man, I feel that he would be more highly regarded as great. There is a thread about best pf in the leauge and he wasn't an option, yet he is doing things that are unseen for years. Why? I'm not racist nor is this intended to stir up a black white debate, but if bosh, LA, garnett, duncan, griffen, amare, howard, etc were putting up love's number, wouldn't they be an MVP candidate and an Allstar game starter? Just food for thought.

PS- spell check isn't working for me, and i don't have time to fix, sorry friends. :facepalm:

Minimal
03-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Did Love lead his team to 60+ wins 2 consecutive seasons?

Avenged
03-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Although I understand what you're trying to say, threads created about race usually do not end up well, especially here in the NBA Forum. It's a highly sensitive topic, with a lot of sensitive posters. Sorry.