KG
Zibbo
Boozer
Jsmooth
Dirk

NOTE
Who yall pick plus explain your pick

Please no bs

DUDE.... you put Dirk 10th, then u say not to post BS.... i respect u cuz you're a Knicks fan but i hope u that think Dirk is below many of those guys u have ahead of him...

flii27kiid
03-10-2011, 06:01 AM
I didnt rank them its your job to rank them

bklynny67
03-10-2011, 06:03 AM
I didnt rank them its your job to rank them

ahh.... ok cool

bklynny67
03-10-2011, 06:05 AM
here's mine.... don't feel like explaining each one though... but this is what i think as of right now

Dirk/Amar'e (very close as to who's best right now)
Gasol
LA
Bosh
Blake
Jsmooth
Boozer
KG
Zibbo

UKblazers
03-10-2011, 06:06 AM
1.Dirk(Would love to see him get some more rebounds)
2.L.A (yes i'm a homer but other than dirk he's the only number 1 guy on a winning team,before melo arrived NY was .500)
3.Amare/Gasol (Amare more explosive sorer, gasol better defender and rebounder)
4.KG(maybe the most valuable celtic)
5.J Smoove(contributes in every single aspect of the game)

Blake would make top 5 but have to take team record into account

Bruno
03-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Based off this season alone?

Dirk
Amare
Gasol

Blake
KG
LA
Duncan

bklynny67
03-10-2011, 06:13 AM
1.Dirk(Would love to see him get some more rebounds)
2.L.A (yes i'm a homer but other than dirk he's the only number 1 guy on a winning team,before melo arrived NY was .500)
3.Amare/Gasol (Amare more explosive sorer, gasol better defender and rebounder)
4.KG(maybe the most valuable celtic)
5.J Smoove(contributes in every single aspect of the game)

Blake would make top 5 but have to take team record into account

oh come on HOMER!! you say Dirk is number 1 but then u choose LA as your vote... lol

UKblazers
03-10-2011, 06:14 AM
oh come on HOMER!! you say Dirk is number 1 but then u choose LA as your vote... lol

Hey we gotta win something this year lol

Knickrocketsfan
03-10-2011, 06:46 AM
STat
Dirk
Gasol
LA
LOve( yea I wrote him in)
Boozer

allSUAVE
03-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Amar'e Stoudemire ..It's close to Dirk ..But Steve Nash said Amare is the best Player he has ever played with ..And he did help Him get 2 MVP's with that Unstoppable PnR.

Supreme LA
03-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Amare is having the best regular season of them all but Gasol is still the best PF just as Kobe is still the best player. Too much emphasis is put on the regular season, as we don't really see players really come into their own until it's time to "win or go home" in the playoffs.

The championship players are the best. You really won't see who the best is until their head to head in the postseason. That is where I believe players like Rose, Pierce, Wade, Gasol, KG, and Kobe will shine, while players like Lebron will barrel his way to the hoop constantly and lead his team to a 2nd round exit at best.

unleashthebeast
03-10-2011, 07:52 AM
well, i had to be a homer and pick bosh :cool: i mean he definetely has one of the top skillsets at the position.. he is a very unique player. unfortuanatley spo doesnt know how to use him yet :(, but when he figures it out, bosh will DEFINETELY be considered top 2/3 PF in the league

allSUAVE
03-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Amare is having the best regular season of them all but Gasol is still the best PF just as Kobe is still the best player. Too much emphasis is put on the regular season, as we don't really see players really come into their own until it's time to "win or go home" in the playoffs.

The championship players are the best. You really won't see who the best is until their head to head in the postseason. That is where I believe players like Rose, Pierce, Wade, Gasol, KG, and Kobe will shine, while players like Lebron will barrel his way to the hoop constantly and lead his team to a 2nd round exit at best.

Amare bin doing this! Amare lit him up last post season with 44 points Gasol couldn't stop him in the series!

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Why aren't Blake Griffin and Kevin Love. I mean I don't think either of them are the best PF in the league but when you list anyone other than Dirk, Amar'e and Pau are mentioned you got to include those guys.

Kevin Love and Blake Griffin are making history.

Or are only PFs whose team has a winning record being considered?

magichatnumber9
03-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Kevin Garnett will go down in NBA history as I don't know top 5 powerforwards of all time "Winning"

MickeyMgl
03-10-2011, 08:28 AM
How is Kevin Love not an option? Based on this year alone, he's probably #1.

1. Kevin Love
2. Blake Griffin
3. Amare Stoudemire
4. Pau Gasol
5. Zach Randolph
6. Dirk Nowitzki
7. Lamarcus Aldridge
8. Kevin Garnett
9. Carlos Boozer
10. Paul Milsap

Again, based only on this year's play.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-10-2011, 08:49 AM
lol at amare leading

goose15
03-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Amare
Dirk
Gasol
Love
Griffin

Flash3
03-10-2011, 09:09 AM
dirk
gasol
amare
LA
bosh
boozer

Minimal
03-10-2011, 09:09 AM
I'll go with Pau Gasol, he is the most complete one and proven winner

TylerSL
03-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Where is Duncan on this list???????????? Are you kidding me? Nobody has mentioned Tim Duncan....... He is not the best anymore but he is definately better than Blake, KG, Zibbo, Alderidge, Smith, Bosh and Boozer...........

brodawgs
03-10-2011, 09:26 AM

This might be sig worthy. Never seen such blind homer-ism before. Either you are a troll, or you have the wool pulled thick over your eyes. :facepalm:

SteBO
03-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Gasol
Dirk
Love
Amare
Bosh

For the reason's Minimal stated, Gasol is the more complete player and proven winner, but shame on those that don't have Kevin Love in their lists lol

SteBO
03-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Hate to brake it to you, but LeBron did lead a much worse team to the NBA Finals, so saying he'll lead his team to a second round exit at best every year is just ignorant and well, just plain idiotic if you ask me. If you're going to take this route, then why is Rose in your list of players that will for sure shine in head to head matchups with the others come postseason play? Has he been out of the first round? :confused: And believe me, I'm a fan of Rose. Age is irrelevant so please don't even entertain the idea of using that as part of your counterargument. I congratulate you for contradicting yourself. :clap: Excellent work!

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Dirk
Gasol
Love
Amare
Aldridge

for this season, those are my top 5. Griffin, Bosh, Randolph, KG, and Boozer are next.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Duncan is still Mr. Consistent, but his minutes being way down are giving him pedestrian numbers. Obviously come playoff time, when Pops ups his minutes, he will climb the rankings quickly if we redid them at that time.

SteBO
03-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Dirk
Gasol
Love
Amare
Aldridge

for this season, those are my top 5. Griffin, Bosh, Randolph, KG, and Boozer are next.

Dirk and Gasol are interchangable at the 1 and 2 spots, and I hated to leave Aldridge out of the top 5, but I had to sneak in Bosh up there somehow :D

marlinsfan24
03-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Dirk
Gasol
Love
Amare
Aldridge
Bosh
Duncan

jim51990
03-10-2011, 09:43 AM

Two things wrong with this statement one lebron at times has cone up big in the playoffs when he took a terrible squad to the finals. Also lets see rose get out of the first round f(last year they didn't even put up a fight ). Grouping him with the players named is disrespectful to them.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Dirk and Gasol are interchangable at the 1 and 2 spots, and I hated to leave Aldridge out of the top 5, but I had to sneak in Bosh up there somehow :D

homer :)

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Two things wrong with this statement one lebron at times has cone up big in the playoffs when he took a terrible squad to the finals. Also lets see rose get out of the first round f(last year they didn't even put up a fight ). Grouping him with the players named is disrespectful to them.

ignoring that statement would have been the better way to go.

ballpd05
03-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Dirk
Amare
Gasol
Blake
KG
Love
Duncan

Kevin Love is good, but he isn't on the level of a KG, Amare, Dirk, or even Blake. I think he is a great supporting player, but I think you are going to struggle if he is the primary option (ala Minny). And he doesn't defend the rim good enough (not that Amare or Dirk do either, but even they defend the paint better than Love).

allSUAVE
03-10-2011, 09:53 AM
LMl over people picking Dirk love and Gasol over Amare ...Gasol is debatable !!!!!Amare dominated him last year in the playoff series ,Gasol couldn't stop him,, and Steve Nash said Amare is the best player that he ever played with and he did help him to 2 MVP's ..if that's not saying anything i don't kno what will.

mttwlsn16
03-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Where is Duncan on this list???????????? Are you kidding me? Nobody has mentioned Tim Duncan....... He is not the best anymore but he is definately better than Blake, KG, Zibbo, Alderidge, Smith, Bosh and Boozer...........

:facepalm:

Master Mind
03-10-2011, 09:59 AM
I went with LA, the kid is gonna be a problem for years to come...

SteBO
03-10-2011, 10:02 AM
homer :)

:laugh2: In all seriousness Aldridge has been beasting this year, and his abuse of Chris Bosh only enhanced that reality.

BlondeBomber41
03-10-2011, 10:13 AM
i think you guys are really being kinda ignorant leaving Tim Duncan out of it. His numbers are only down because he is playing low minutes on a deep team. He is still one of the best PF's in the league and a defensive anchor. Dirk/Duncan/Gasol/Amare/KG are still the cream of the crop.

Greet
03-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Pau Gasol
Dirk
LA
Amar'e
KG
Bosh
JSmooth
Boozer

rest are basically irrelevant

ragee
03-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Amar'e Stoudemire ..It's close to Dirk ..But Steve Nash said Amare is the best Player he has ever played with ..And he did help Him get 2 MVP's with that Unstoppable PnR.

Dirk got so much better when Nash left Dallas...

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 10:16 AM
i think you guys are really being kinda ignorant leaving Tim Duncan out of it. His numbers are only down because he is playing low minutes on a deep team. He is still one of the best PF's in the league and a defensive anchor. Dirk/Duncan/Gasol/Amare/KG are still the cream of the crop.

but it has to factor in. Read what I wrote about him on the last page. he should not be forgotten, but he just isn't getting the minutes to justify being ranked as a top PF. But come playoff time, those rankings will need to be adjusted obviously.

Preacher
03-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Where is Zack Randolph?

SteBO
03-10-2011, 10:19 AM

I guess that means we can call you ignorant for leaving Kevin Love out of it. The man's averaging 22 pts. and 15 reb. for Christ's sake, Moses Malone numbers. A lot of us acknowledge the fact that Duncans' minutes are down due to low minutes on the floor, but what K. Love is doing is too much for guys to leave him out. When Duncans' minutes rise in the playoffs, which will obviously occur, then we'll adjust our personal rankings, but for now, it's a travesty for Love to left off.

Greet
03-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I guess that means we can call you ignorant for leaving Kevin Love out of it. The man's averaging 22 pts. and 15 reb. for Christ's sake, Moses Malone numbers. A lot of us acknowledge the fact that Duncans' minutes are down due to low minutes on the floor, but what K. Love is doing is too much for guys to leave him out.

You need to realize that no one on that team can rebound, Love plays no D what-so-ever and is just overrated

lvlheaded
03-10-2011, 10:23 AM
1. Amar'e
2. Dirk
3. Gasol
4. LA
5. Duncan

All very close though

pebloemer
03-10-2011, 10:24 AM
LMl over people picking Dirk love and Gasol over Amare ...Gasol is debatable !!!!!Amare dominated him last year in the playoff series ,Gasol couldn't stop him,, and Steve Nash said Amare is the best player that he ever played with and he did help him to 2 MVP's ..if that's not saying anything i don't kno what will.

Steve Nash never played with Gasol. The only other player I can think of that Nash played with that would make the statement, "Steve Nash said Amare is the best player that he ever played with" in the least bit relevant would be Dirk. But Dirk's primed occured after Nash's departure. So its really a mute point. Unless you felt it was debateable that Amare wasn't better than Marion, Johnson(pre-prime), Diaw, Carter (post-prime), Hill (post-prime). But of course Amare during his prime was better than those players. Unless there is something I'm missing here, I don't get the point of that statement.

What is that comment saying?

well, i had to be a homer and pick bosh :cool: i mean he definetely has one of the top skillsets at the position.. he is a very unique player. unfortuanatley spo doesnt know how to use him yet :(, but when he figures it out, bosh will DEFINETELY be considered top 2/3 PF in the league

Unique doesn't necessarily equate to quality. Bosh has never been considered Top 2/3 PF in the league. I don't think it is Spo holding him back...

SteBO
You need to realize that no one on that team can rebound, Love plays no D what-so-ever and is just overrated

True, but 22 pts. and 15 reb. is overrated? :confused: I don't think so bro.

Greet
Amar'e shouldn't even be considered for the #1 PF in the NBA....he's not a very good rebounder for his position, he doesn't play D, stats are inflated by the system he runs, etc.

koLohe2133
03-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Hate to brake it to you, but LeBron did lead a much worse team to the NBA Finals, so saying he'll lead his team to a second round exit at best every year is just ignorant and well, just plain idiotic if you ask me. If you're going to take this route, then why is Rose in your list of players that will for sure shine in head to head matchups with the others come postseason play? Has he been out of the first round? :confused: And believe me, I'm a fan of Rose. Age is irrelevant so please don't even entertain the idea of using that as part of your counterargument. I congratulate you for contradicting yourself. :clap: Excellent work!

Ummmm I'm pretty sure the heat will lose more games this season than those horrible cavs teams.

Seriously, people need to realize that the problem has never been the coach or supporting cast.....

The problem is the king without a ring

Greet
03-10-2011, 10:25 AM
True, but 22 pts. and 15 reb. is overrated? :confused: I don't think so bro.

You clearly don't understand what overrated means.

You can be getting 30 pts a game and 20 rebounds a game and could be overrated

SteBO
03-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Ummmm I'm pretty sure the heat will lose more games this season than those horrible cavs teams.

Seriously, people need to realize that the problem has never been the coach or supporting cast.....

The problem is the king without a ring

You're missing the point. I'm with the guys that say LeBron quit on the Cavs, because he did. I watched the game, it was glaringly obvious to me at least. However, Supreme LA stated that LeBron will lead his teams to second round exits every year he's in the league. Whether you want to believe that or not, it's an ignorant thing to say, but of course you're going to side with him. Your last sentence says all I need to know about you.

Knickrocketsfan
03-10-2011, 10:31 AM
How is Kevin Love not an option? Based on this year alone, he's probably #1.

1. Kevin Love
2. Blake Griffin 3. Amare Stoudemire
4. Pau Gasol
5. Zach Randolph
6. Dirk Nowitzki
7. Lamarcus Aldridge
8. Kevin Garnett
9. Carlos Boozer
10. Paul Milsap

Again, based only on this year's play.

Lmao Blake is not number 2. even based on this yr alone:facepalm:
He be lucky to be in the top 5 prob more like 8 or 9

Knickrocketsfan
03-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Gasol
Dirk
Love
Amare
Bosh

For the reason's Minimal stated, Gasol is the more complete player and proven winner, but shame on those that don't have Kevin Love in their lists lol

I was the first to put him in:cool:

Greet
03-10-2011, 10:33 AM
JSmooth getting no love, dude's probably the best Defensive PF in the game ATM.

Rndy
What is with all the LA love? The guy is a PF with a 500 efg% and a 13.4 trb%. And this is his best year.

SteBO

I know what overrated means, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that what Love is doing is impressive. 52 straight double-doubles is something that may never surpassed again, no matter what team he's on. He plays with heart, hustle, and energy night in and night out. That's not overrated, that's just willpower, extreme willpower, considering he's on a losing team. Some guys would just shut it down completely with all the losing, but Love doesn't do that, and that's very admirable. Overrated and effort, are two things that don't go together.

Greet
03-10-2011, 10:35 AM
I know what overrated means, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that what Love is doing is impressive. 52 straight double-doubles is something that may never surpassed again, no matter what team he's on. He plays with heart, hustle, and energy night in and night out. That's not overrated, that's just willpower, extreme willpower, considering he's on a losing team. Some guys would just shut it down completely with all the losing, but Love doesn't do that, and that's very admirable. Overrated and effort, are two things that don't go together.

Just to prove my point of him being overrated: He's on peoples top 5 lists.

Flash3
03-10-2011, 10:36 AM

:laugh:

Knickrocketsfan
03-10-2011, 10:38 AM

how does that prove your point? So i guess Stat and gasol are overratedd b.c they are on other peoples list. That does not prove your point. Flawed logic

SteBO
03-10-2011, 10:38 AM

So is Dirk and Gasol. Are they overrated? :shrug:

Greet
03-10-2011, 10:40 AM

Holy **** do you guys seriously not understand what the term overrated means.....

how does that prove your point? So i guess Stat and gasol are overratedd b.c they are on other peoples list. That does not prove your point. Flawed logic

Stat is SO overrated, Gasol is more underrated. You guys seriously don't get what the words mean....

KnicksorBust
03-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Based on this season production and intangibles brought to team:

Dirk
Gasol
KG
Amar'e
Duncan
Blake
Aldridge
Zach Randolph
Boozer (hurt by missing the start of the season)
Josh Smith
Bosh

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 10:45 AM
JSmooth getting no love, dude's probably the best Defensive PF in the game ATM.

I have a question.

Who is a better defender? Udonis Haslem or Josh Smith?

Knickrocketsfan
03-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Stat is SO overrated, Gasol is more underrated. You guys seriously don't get what the words mean....

wow you are funny. Stat overratted? I may have agreed with you before the season, but n e one watching him play can see he is not. He has improved much of his game.:facepalm: Come on man, if you want to look at players that were overrated just look at Brook lopez. Before this season everyone was projecting him as an future allstar.

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Amar'e shouldn't even be considered for the #1 PF in the NBA....he's not a very good rebounder for his position, he doesn't play D, stats are inflated by the system he runs, etc.

Amar'e is an average rebounder and he does play D what on earth are you talking about. He is a bad defender but that doesn't mean that he does not play defense. He does play D just not very well.

Zach Randolph and Kevin Love on the other hand don't play D.

SteBO
03-10-2011, 10:47 AM
I have a question.

Who is a better defender? Kenyon Martin or Josh Smith?

Kenyon Martin is a great defender in terms of basic principles in my opinion, but he's more physical and foul prone. Josh Smith is more athletic and has long arms, so he doesn't really have to body up his man as much, which is a valuable thing to have in that aspect. I'd say Kenyon Martin, but I could see why people would disagree with me.

EDIT: You changed it to Udonis Haslem, but the same principles apply. Smith has more athleticism, but Udonis is more physical, and that way is more effective in general.

allSUAVE
03-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Haters Every where we go!!!!!!

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Dirk
Gasol
Love
Amare
Aldridge

I'd flip Love and Amar'e but spot on IMO.

Minimal
03-10-2011, 10:59 AM
I have a question.

Who is a better defender? Udonis Haslem or Josh Smith?
I'll tell you as a Miami Heat fan. Josh Smith.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Holy **** do you guys seriously not understand what the term overrated means.....

no, we get the fact that you think Love is overrated. Many here think the opposite quite honestly. Its a matter of opinion, and you yourself said a player averaging 30-20 CAN be overrated, which is true.

Your opinion is yours. We all know this

Brooklyn Mets
03-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Amare
Dirk
Gasol
KG
LA
Blake
Love
Bosh
ZBO
Boozer
JSmooth

nycericanguy
03-10-2011, 11:04 AM
People putting Love over Amare...:facepalm:

I'll tell you what, put Amare in MIN instead of Love and I guarantee you that team has alot more than 13 wins.

I find it funny that when Lee was in NY he got no love because NY was a 30 win team, yet Love is praised to death leading a 15 win team year in and year out.

Love has had a great season, but lets see him lead his team to at least .500 or even 35 wins before we start calling him a top 3 PF.

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Kenyon Martin is a great defender in terms of basic principles in my opinion, but he's more physical and foul prone. Josh Smith is more athletic and has long arms, so he doesn't really have to body up his man as much, which is a valuable thing to have in that aspect. I'd say Kenyon Martin, but I could see why people would disagree with me.

EDIT: You changed it to Udonis Haslem, but the same principles apply. Smith has more athleticism, but Udonis is more physical, and that way is more effective in general.

Kenyon hasn't been getting much good press lately, but he's still doing a pretty good job defensivley in that regard.

I changed it to Haslem because I believe as of right now more people are familiar with his D than Kenyon's.

Smith is one of my favorite players in the league but as far as being a solid defender going he isn't what most people make him out to be. He tries extremely hard on D. But that doesn't mean that he is a great defender. Somewhat like a Luis Scola type player in that regard. Guys who are don't get much credit these days as defenders but are in all honesty better defenders than guys like Smith and Scola are Elton Brand, Udonis Haslem, Kenyon Martin etc.

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 11:11 AM
I'll tell you as a Miami Heat fan. Josh Smith.

Better defender? Or defensive player?

blacknell
03-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Dirk-he is unstoppable know that he has a inside game now
Amare
Griffin
Boozer
Bosh
Gasol

allSUAVE
03-10-2011, 11:19 AM

I'll tell you what, put Amare in MIN instead of Love and I guarantee you that team has alot more than 13 wins.

I find it funny that when Lee was in NY he got no love because NY was a 30 win team, yet Love is praised to death leading a 15 win team year in and year out.

Love has had a great season, but lets see him lead his team to at least .500 or even 35 wins before we start calling him a top 3 PF.

Amen!! Its NEWYORK people tend to hate us .its Either you hate us or you love us ! No in between.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Amen!! Its NEWYORK people tend to hate us .its Either you hate us or you love us ! No in between.

not true. I neither root for or against NY. I like their team fine, and some of their players. But you can ride the middle on any team, and look at players subjectively.

nycericanguy
03-10-2011, 11:30 AM
not true. I neither root for or against NY. I like their team fine, and some of their players. But you can ride the middle on any team, and look at players subjectively.

Not pointing you specifically, but it happens alot.

For instance Gallo & Chandler were called garbage and nothing more than role players on here by many, but when they went to DEN that tune changed...lol.

Hustlenomics
03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Homer with KG , but I can see why everyone loves Amare now though

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 11:53 AM

For instance Gallo & Chandler were called garbage and nothing more than role players on here by many, but when they went to DEN that tune changed...lol.

well, that is the general fanbase period. Its better to just ignore the floppers out there on PSD.

MickeyMgl
03-10-2011, 12:01 PM

Meaning that Love is the only T-wolf opponents focus on boxing out.

saintdrew
03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Where is David West on this list?

THE GIPPER
03-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Out of all the pf's i think KG is the only one who can dominate offensively, defensively and on the boards so i voted for him.

DITKA4GOV
03-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Wow how does boozer have two votes. I'm a huge bulls fan but there is a limit to my homerism. How does bosh have two votes also.. the question was best PF... right? I voted LA because he's been a beast all year. I still can't believe the tyrus for LA trade. Jeez. But than again if we don't make that trade, we might not end up with the MVP.... I like amare and Dirk as well. Gasol is good but not the best so Laker fans need to b like Bosh... and chill.

DITKA4GOV
03-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Where is David West on this list?

Not in the conversation obviously

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 12:14 PM

Who are the great rebounders on the Magic? Who were the good rebounders on KGs wolves? Neither of them have done what Kevin Love is doing.

Tell me.

Also Love has the highest offensive rebound per game average since Elton Brand's 3rd season. How does his team rebounders have any merit on his own offensive rebounding when he spends at least a quarter of the Wolves offensive possessions camped behind the 3 point line?

Teeboy1487
03-10-2011, 12:14 PM
It's hard to choose between Amare and Dirk for the best. I will not vote.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Meaning that Love is the only T-wolf opponents focus on boxing out.

that is just it. People would understand how incredible his rebounding is if they actually watched him play. He literally gets double teamed on box outs now. And STILL manages to tear the ball away a lot of the time.

valade16
03-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Wow how does boozer have two votes. I'm a huge bulls fan but there is a limit to my homerism. How does bosh have two votes also.. the question was best PF... right? I voted LA because he's been a beast all year. I still can't believe the tyrus for LA trade. Jeez. But than again if we don't make that trade, we might not end up with the MVP.... I like amare and Dirk as well. Gasol is good but not the best so Laker fans need to b like Bosh... and chill.

Im a huge Blazer homer but this year dirk, amare, and gasol have all played better and are better.

If the question were who has played most above expectations then LMA wins hands down...

faze38
03-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Hands down Amare is the best PF in the league no if ands or buts about it! Everyone else is battling for the 2 spot this year. I mean before this year Amare was about the 3rd best Pf but those days are over now. He is the best Scorer of all the PFs thanks to that mid range he has improved on and he is now in the top 6 in blocks! Yes he needs to get more boards but his improvement on the weak side help has made him a much better player then years past so now their is no question that he is the best PF in the game! SO if I would rank them it would go!

1. Amare
2. Gasol
3. Dirk
4. KG
5. LA
6. Z.Randolph
7. Boozer
8. Blake
9. J.Smoove
10. K.Love
11. Duncan
12. Bosh- Talent wise top 5 but not being used right in Miami to many jumpshots for this man he needs to get isos and post plays ran for him.

Preacher
03-10-2011, 12:55 PM

Love has had a great season, but lets see him lead his team to at least .500 or even 35 wins before we start calling him a top 3 PF.It is almost impossible to rate a player high when they play for a bad team. Bad teams do not have MVP's because they are bad teams. And you are most likely to overrate a player as he just gets more touches which increases stats. As a Raptor fan, we do not have an MVP. We see hopeful projects and nothing more.

It won't be truly valid until the team improves. And wins. Damn right Minnesota wins more with Amare. 13 wins is pitiful. Love is a good player. But he ain't in the top 5 and barely in the top 10.

PrettyBoyJ
03-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Dirk
Amare
Pau
L. Aldridge
Kevin Love
B. Griffin
Z. Randolph
KG
Boozer
Bosh

danniboi168
03-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Dirk
Amare
LA
Pau
Love
Blake

Avenged
03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
1. Dirk
2. Pau Gasol
3. Amare
4. Love
5. Aldridge

I have had Pau Gasol over Dirk in the past, but this season it's clear Dirk is just on another level.

DoJoTheSlasher
03-10-2011, 01:17 PM
1. Dirk
2. Pau
3. Amare
4. Duncan
5. Garnett
6. Boozer
7. Horford
8. Randolph
9. Griffin
10. Bosh

Dirk is still the best PF in the game.

smith&wesson
03-10-2011, 01:22 PM
stat
pau
dirk
blake
LA
love
smith
bosh
randolph
garnet
milsap
lee
west
bass
villenuava

greenbaythunder
03-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Amare may have helped nash get 2 mvps but dirk went out and won 1 without nash and id have:

Dirk- if I had to choose a pf dat I told to go get me a W I dnt kno any1 else id rather have
Pau- best post moves right now in my opinion
Amare - all I can say is Standing Tall And Talented
La- finally showing y he was drafted #2
Cnt really think of who I would put at 5 but it wouldn't be love yes he is havin a yr lik neva b4 in his career but I cnt think of any championship contending team where he would be da 3rd best player at best. Some might say miami but dat all depends on how u feel bout bosh

Khalifa21
03-10-2011, 01:45 PM
1. Amar'e Stoudemire
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Pau Gasol
4. Blake Griffin
5. LaMarcus Aldridge
6. Kevin Love
7. Chris Bosh
8. Carlos Boozer
9. Zach Randolph
10. Tim Duncan

asandhu23
03-10-2011, 01:45 PM
No David Lee eh?

flii27kiid
03-10-2011, 01:59 PM
1.Amare - hes Much better defense this yr but need to learn how to rebound better and box out
2.Dirk- no d at all plus need to rebound better for a 7footer
3.Gasol- hes to damm soft always floppin and cryinq for calls
4.Bosh-soft but need to post up way more
5.KG- the most complete pf in the leaque in both ends
6.LA- need to improve a lil more his D &rebounding

bovice163
03-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Amare is getting waaay too much love. Dirk and Pau are still better players overall. Maybe if Amare could rebound it would be a different story.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Amare
Al Jefferson
LA
Gasol
Griffin
Dirk
Boozer
Zach Randolph
Bosh
Josh Smith

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Obviously no one has been payin attention to what Al Jefferson has been doin since Janurary.

My list is ranked by :Current Play:

Gibby23
03-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Obviously no one has been payin attention to what Al Jefferson has been doin since Janurary.

If he was a PF it would help his cause.

valade16
03-10-2011, 02:15 PM

Well since January Aldridge has been averaging 26 and almost 10, unless al jefferson has topped that Aldridge is playing better.

I mean if were talking about since jan. Aldridge was western conf. Player of the month for february, damn near half the time!

Aldridge :right now: > Jefferson

zB_#85
03-10-2011, 02:15 PM

no you're wrong. I don't hate or love New York. They're just whatever, not really anything to worry about (as a Lakers fan) but they do have a nice team starting to form so good for them. I'm definitely an example of the in between.

I do think that NY fans like to fabricate hatred. They like to think that everyone hates them and take on that "us against the world" mentality for whatever reason... Maybe makes them feel more relevant, IDK...

EDIT: This is not a personal attack on NY fans so don't take it that way, just what I think. I truly do think you have a nice team starting to form, and while not completely relevant yet, you are on your way pretty soon.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 02:16 PM

Jefferson has been killing Utah all year dude. He slows down their offense, and Utah is actually +6.7 with him off the floor. He has been in a steady decline since he hurt his knee, and is no longer a top 10 PF.

DoJoTheSlasher
03-10-2011, 02:19 PM
1.Amare - hes Much better defense this yr but need to learn how to rebound better and box out
2.Dirk- no d at all plus need to rebound better for a 7footer
3.Gasol- hes to damm soft always floppin and cryinq for calls
4.Bosh-soft but need to post up way more
5.KG- the most complete pf in the leaque in both ends
6.LA- need to improve a lil more his D &rebounding

How can you say Dirk has no D but Amare does? Just because you block some shots doesn't make you a good defender. Dirk is better than Amare..... Until Amare leads his team for 10 years like Dirk has, Dirk is better.

valade16
03-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Amare is getting waaay too much love. Dirk and Pau are still better players overall. Maybe if Amare could rebound it would be a different story.

Not disagreeing with how your ranking them, but criticizing amare for nog rebounding then in the same breath bringing up dirk is funny, amare is a way better rebounder than dirk...

DoJoTheSlasher
03-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Not disagreeing with how your ranking them, but criticizing amare for nog rebounding then in the same breath bringing up dirk is funny, amare is a way better rebounder than dirk...

And Dirk is a way better player than Amare.

AddiX
03-10-2011, 02:22 PM

This is very true. No one ever gave them respect, when they left I heard a whole lot of people talking about the all star capability they had.

Most NBA fans hate on NY, it's not our imagination. A lot of it has to do with just being NYC, and a lot of it has to do with 10 years of being a joke team.

valade16
03-10-2011, 02:24 PM
And Dirk is a way better player than Amare.

As i stated i wasnt disagreeing that dirk is better just questioning the argument he used to show it.

Don't say dirk is better because amare cant rebound, dirk is a worse rebounder...

Say dirk is better because he has farther range, is more efficient and a better defender, but dont bring up boards...

bovice163
03-10-2011, 02:24 PM

But Dirk just does about everything else better. I'm not one to use efficiency stats, but Dirk's TS of .627 and EFG .564 are pretty ****ing ridiculous. Amare and Dirk are both offensive minded players, and Dirk is far better and more efficient than Amare on that end. Neither of them really play defense or rebound so it's a wash in that aspect.

flii27kiid
03-10-2011, 02:29 PM
How can you say Dirk has no D but Amare does? Just because you block some shots doesn't make you a good defender. Dirk is better than Amare..... Until Amare leads his team for 10 years like Dirk has, Dirk is better.

Yeah dirk is way better than amare thats why he always qo home in the first round of the playoffs plus dirk always had a better team than amare

Mens lie womens lie number dont or ask phoenix why they are not in the playoff spot

valade16
03-10-2011, 02:34 PM
But Dirk just does about everything else better. I'm not one to use efficiency stats, but Dirk's TS of .627 and EFG .564 are pretty ****ing ridiculous. Amare and Dirk are both offensive minded players, and Dirk is far better and more efficient than Amare on that end. Neither of them really play defense or rebound so it's a wash in that aspect.

As I said I wasn't disagreeing with your ranking just the flawed statement about amare not rebounding proving how dirk is better.

My list is: dirk, pau, LMA, and amare.

For this year obviously

bovice163
03-10-2011, 02:37 PM
As I said I wasn't disagreeing with your ranking just the flawed statement about amare not rebounding proving how dirk is better.

My list is: dirk, pau, LMA, and amare.

For this year obviously

I should have clarified my statement then.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-10-2011, 02:38 PM
check the stats since the deron williams trade.

nycericanguy
03-10-2011, 02:41 PM

I'm sorry but since when has Dirk been a good rebounder, shot blocker or defender?

Last I checked Amare gets alot more rebounds and blocks than Dirk. I never understood that argument.

nycericanguy
03-10-2011, 02:45 PM
And as far as efficiency yes Dirk will win that argument because he shoots the 3, which gives him more points on fewer shots. But really from 2 point range Amare shoots basically the same percentage if not better for his career and he gets to the line alot more than Dirk. And of course he's a better rebounder and shot blocker.

They just have different styles of play and Dirk wins in efficiency due to his 3 point shooting and better foul shooting. But Amare wins basically everywhere else. Its a toss up between those two.

I just never understood why people single Amare out for not rebounding when in fact he's always been a much better rebounder than Dirk.

nycericanguy
03-10-2011, 02:47 PM
For me this year its Dirk & Amare followed by Pau & LMA.

Young2Kinsler
03-10-2011, 02:49 PM

Joke of the decade.

nycericanguy
03-10-2011, 02:51 PM
People get on Bosh too much, he's had a really solid season. Did anyone really expect him to duplicate his numbers from last year playing alongside Wade & Lebron. Thats 55 points and 14 rebounds between those 2 guys alone.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Dirk has actually been a slightly better defensive rebounder over their career's than Amare. His rebound rate on the defensive end usually hovers around 2-4% above Amare's. However, because Dirk takes a high amount of jumpers, he is not in position to grab offensive boards (especially since he shoots a fade and backs up on landing), where as Amare plays near the rim at a higher rate on offense, giving him more opportunities.

That being said, neither are elite rebounders for the position. And trying to use who is a better rebounder/defender in a Dirk vs Amare debate won't hold much water.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 02:54 PM
People get on Bosh too much, he's had a really solid season. Did anyone really expect him to duplicate his numbers from last year playing alongside Wade & Lebron. Thats 55 points and 14 rebounds between those 2 guys alone.

well, Bosh has thrown up some completely horrible games however. And unfortunatel, just like Duncan, Bosh's rating is going to suffer since his numbers are down, for whatever reason that may be (minutes versus role in this case)

allSUAVE
Men lie women lie NUMBERS dont!!!!

Hawkeye15
rhino17, I see you in here. Don't bring that Scola crap!

Kidding my man

SteBO
03-10-2011, 02:55 PM
well, Bosh has thrown up some completely horrible games however. And unfortunatel, just like Duncan, Bosh's rating is going to suffer since his numbers are down, for whatever reason that may be (minutes versus role in this case)
I personally think it has more to do with his role than with his minutes. At least in TOR, I saw him post up more. Now he's just a straight jump shooter.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Homer with KG , but I can see why everyone loves Amare now though

i vote KG too, but there aint much homerism goin on

IMO he has the best overall game.

outside shot
finishing under the basket
rebounding
**DEFENSE**
motivating teamates

etc...

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 02:57 PM
I personally think it has more to do with his role than with his minutes. At least in TOR, I saw him post up more. Now he's just a straight jump shooter.

eh. In Toronto, the majority of his catch's came outside the paint. He would turn and use that left dribble hard and get in the paint. I am not sure why, but he has stopped doing this all together.
And what I said is somewhat true as well. He has thrown up a few total duds.

But yes, in his case, its a role change that has knocked him down a few pegs

SteBO
03-10-2011, 03:02 PM
eh. In Toronto, the majority of his catch's came outside the paint. He would turn and use that left dribble hard and get in the paint. I am not sure why, but he has stopped doing this all together.
And what I said is somewhat true as well. He has thrown up a few total duds.

But yes, in his case, its a role change that has knocked him down a few pegs
:nod: It's not as if he has no post moves at all, but he just never uses them or even try to develop them, and he hasn't been doing it enough. Now he's complaining ,through the media no less, about his "role" in the offense. " I need to get it, where big guys get it" were his exact words, despite that he never goes down there consistently enough. I expect to be down there tonight though. After those comments, well, he better in the low block.

pd1dish
03-10-2011, 03:21 PM
i voted boozer because i am a homer

SteBO
03-10-2011, 03:23 PM

It's okay to be homer, BE PROUD! :cool:

valade16
03-10-2011, 03:53 PM
My next question is if so many people are saying LMA is the 4th best PF this year, why did everyone say Love should've been an all-star over him?

Seems kind of contradictory to say one is better yet he shouldn't have got the nod...

AddiX
03-10-2011, 03:57 PM

At least your honest.

I voted amare because I'm a homer, I would be lieing if I said I wouldn't be just as happy with dirk though.

Kashmir13579
03-10-2011, 04:10 PM
where is love?

THE GIPPER
03-10-2011, 04:16 PM
:nod: It's not as if he has no post moves at all, but he just never uses them or even try to develop them, and he hasn't been doing it enough. Now he's complaining ,through the media no less, about his "role" in the offense. " I need to get it, where big guys get it" were his exact words, despite that he never goes down there consistently enough. I expect to be down there tonight though. After those comments, well, he better in the low block.

If bosh starts playing like he can and actually posts up and starts mixing it up down low then he can be very very good. If he decides to play this way, miami will be a seriously scary team come playoff time.

D1JM
03-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Love??

Ebbs
03-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Lol Amare at #1 over Dirk.

I'm used to people putting Pau over Dirk but Stat over Dirk is gross.

Jewelz0376
03-10-2011, 04:27 PM
i'll just do top 5

Dirk
Amare
Pau
LA
Zbo

Lakeshow86
03-10-2011, 04:32 PM
I think its Gasol followed closely by Amare and Dirk. and im not just being a homer. I think Gasol is the best all around PF in the game. He may not be the best offensivly or the best defensivly but hes all around the best. Offensivly he has so many tricks up his sleve. He can beat you with a jump shot or in the post. Dirk is limtied to jump shots for the most part and Amare is pretty limited to the post. Gasol is also better rebounder and defender and passer than Amare and Dirk as well. So I would pick Gasol if I had a choice. You just cant beat his all around game.

Ebbs
03-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Dirk
Gasol
Bosh
Amare
Griffin/Love/LA/Duncan

WolvesJagsOs
03-10-2011, 04:43 PM
This is by far the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen. Kevin Love anyone? "oh he is putting up numbers on a bad team." Who the hell cares? The dude works his butt off every night, he has 52 straight DD's, and the games he gets DD"s in arent like 10/10 games, there 20-30/15-20. If it was so easy to put up DD"s on a bad team why arent there more ppl with streaks like Klove's? He is one of the most efficient players in the NBA. 44% from the 3, 47% from the field, 87% from the FT line, and is getting 20+ pts on nights where he shoots the ball 15 times or so. This is seriously ridiculous.

masalex1205
03-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Right now its got to be Dirk, Amare got the most votes because he plays for a large market

210Don
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM
lmao @ this thread
the lack of b-ball knowledge on this board amazes me.... yet i see it everyday

Lakeshow86
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM
This is by far the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen. Kevin Love anyone? "oh he is putting up numbers on a bad team." Who the hell cares? The dude works his butt off every night, he has 52 straight DD's, and the games he gets DD"s in arent like 10/10 games, there 20-30/15-20. If it was so easy to put up DD"s on a bad team why arent there more ppl with streaks like Klove's? He is one of the most efficient players in the NBA. 44% from the 3, 47% from the field, 87% from the FT line, and is getting 20+ pts on nights where he shoots the ball 15 times or so. This is seriously ridiculous.

Take Kevin Love and put him on the Lakers instead of Gasol. Love would have about 10-13 pts and about 10 rebounds. Hes not that good. He doesnt play much defense either. Love is a solid player on a very bad team nothing more.

black1605
03-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Gasol.

allSUAVE
03-10-2011, 04:52 PM
lmao @ this thread
the lack of b-ball knowledge on this board amazes me.... yet i see it everyday

I kno because old duncan should be number one i kno but..we talking about currently not the long time pass.

Knickrocketsfan
03-10-2011, 04:53 PM
why does everyone have such a double standard against knick players. Dirk is the number 1 PF ok it you guys opinion, but dont bring that weak logic that dirk is better because amare doesnt play D or rebound. Dirk is an horible defender and rebounder.

Now to Blake. Are you guy serious. Again blake is a great rebounder with a sub par offensive game. He canno play defense and would get shut down in the playoff b/c he has a below average jump shot and the only thing he can do is drive.

210Don
03-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I kno because old duncan should be number one i kno but..we talking about currently not the long time pass.

i wouldnt take any pf over duncan..... put him on any team and they are instant contender. every pf has there flaws on that list timmy has none perfect

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 04:56 PM
i wouldnt take any pf over duncan..... put him on any team and they are instant contender. every pf has there flaws on that list timmy has none perfect

Cavs a contender?

210Don
03-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Cavs a contender?

hed get to at least the second round of the playoffs at least, i mean theres only so much one player can do with trash.

FuriousJatt
03-10-2011, 05:00 PM
bosh and jsmooth dont deserve any votes... its either gasol, dirk, amare or zibbo

valade16
03-10-2011, 05:00 PM

Timmys flaws are he's old and as a result has less lateral movement, can't play as many minutes and is generally less athletic than years past.

Your trying to change the question to fit your premise that timmy is still the best. 13 and 9 is hardly "perfect".

Do you really think this year ONLY timmy is the best? (if your answer is yes it's because your a spurs fan).

johnnychan
03-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Pau
Dirk
Amare
Aldridge
Z-Bo

210Don
03-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Timmys flaws are he's old and as a result has less lateral movement, can't play as many minutes and is generally less athletic than years past.

Your trying to change the question to fit your premise that timmy is still the best. 13 and 9 is hardly "perfect".

Do you really think this year ONLY timmy is the best? (if your answer is yes it's because your a spurs fan).
no there are great pf's amare, pau, dirk, but they have flaws defense for all 3, id take timmy over them period...
but dirk is the best followed by amare

MacFitz92
03-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Voting is a testament to how many New York fans are on the website.

smiddy012
03-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Dirk
Gasol
Amare
LA
Blake
J Smith
KG
Duncan
Love
Boozer
Bosh
Zbow

Dirk is number one because he's arguably he best shooter in the league. Gasol is number two because he's a more well rounded PF than Amare. 4-6 are all younger, well rounded PFs at both ends. KG and Duncan are still better than Love/Boozer/Bosh but their time is ticking away. Love is a more dominate force than Boozer/Bosh IMO, he's decent on both sides of the floor. All Bosh can do is shoot, whereas Boozer can also post-up and get a good amount of rebounds.

I still can't believe people still consider Bosh better than anyone else on my list at PF (minus Zbow). Really Bosh is a SF, he can't defend or rebound well enough to be considered an all around solid PF IMO. He'd prolly be much higher on a top SF list than PF if he weren't playing out of position.

johnnychan
03-10-2011, 05:13 PM

Exactly, Dirk and Gasol are ahead of Amare without a doubt.

MSU4life
03-10-2011, 05:21 PM
kevin love or blake griffen is who i wld want out of any PF in the league

valade16
03-10-2011, 05:30 PM

Coincidentally double the number there were before amare and melo...

DoJoTheSlasher
03-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah dirk is way better than amare thats why he always qo home in the first round of the playoffs plus dirk always had a better team than amare

Mens lie womens lie number dont or ask phoenix why they are not in the playoff spot

I'm sorry. Amare has been the second best guy on his team behind a Hall of Fame point guard who is still near the top of the league. Dirk has had no one help him in the playoffs. Go check the stats, they don't lie. And no, Dirk has not always had a better team than Amare. Dirk is the reason Dallas has been a contender, Steve Nash was the reason Phoenix was a contender.

Ebbs
03-10-2011, 05:37 PM

:laugh: he isn't even the best player on his team anymore.

DoJoTheSlasher
03-10-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry but since when has Dirk been a good rebounder, shot blocker or defender?

Last I checked Amare gets alot more rebounds and blocks than Dirk. I never understood that argument.

When has Dirk been a good rebounder?

Dirks rebounding numbers since 2001:

9.2, 10.0, 9.9, 8.7, 9.7, 9.0, 8.9, 8.5, 8.4, 7.7, 6.5

In 975 career games, Dirk has averaged 8.4 rpg and that is including 3.4 rpg his first season.

In the playoffs, Dirk's rebounding numbers since 2000:

8.1, 13.1, 11.5, 11.8, 10.1, 11.7, 11.3, 12.0, 10.1, 8.2

In 103 career playoff games, Dirk has averaged 10.9 rpg

So yeah, saying Dirk has never been a good rebounder really shows your knowledge of the game of basketball. Also, Dirk is an average defender, he isn't bad at all.

97NYer
03-10-2011, 05:46 PM
WHERE IS LOVE?!?!?!?!

Love
Amar'e
Dirk
Pau

210Don
03-10-2011, 05:46 PM
:laugh: he isn't even the best player on his team anymore.

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 05:49 PM
hed get to at least the second round of the playoffs at least, i mean theres only so much one player can do with trash.

by your theory 34 year old Tim Duncan=G.O.A.T.

smiddy012
03-10-2011, 05:54 PM
LOL at all the Amare>Dirk fanboys.

gsgs49
03-10-2011, 05:54 PM
1-Dirk
2-Pau
3-Amare
4-Love
5-Aldrige
6-Garnett
7-Griffin
8-Duncan
9-Randolph
10-Bosh

Ebbs
03-10-2011, 05:55 PM

He's still a great player but no he could not make anyteam a contender.

His career lows in points (13.3), rebounds (9.1), 2nd lowest FG % of his career (.488), Career low PER (21.2).

Along with the fact that Manu is averaging more points with a higher per, ws/48, and ORTG.

Yea I think it's a fair argument that Manu might be playing better ball this year.

210Don
03-10-2011, 05:56 PM
He's still a great player but no he could not make anyteam a contender.

His career lows in points (13.3), rebounds (9.1), 2nd lowest FG % of his career (.488), Career low PER (21.2).

Along with the fact that Manu is averaging more points with a higher per, ws/48, and ORTG.

Yea I think it's a fair argument that Manu might be playing better ball this year.

were talking about pfs here i still wouldnt take anyone over him.

DoJoTheSlasher
03-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Dirk vs Amar'e

Player G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
Dirk Nowitzki 24 14 10 24 37.6 8.5 18.0 .475 0.9 2.3 .407 7.2 8.0 .896 2.2 7.4 9.6 3.0 0.7 0.8 2.3 3.0 25.2
Amare Stoudemire 24 10 14 23 35.3 8.5 15.2 .556 0.0 0.2 .000 5.5 7.2 .763 2.6 5.0 7.6 1.4 0.8 1.7 2.9 3.4 22.4

LOL Swashcuff, I just posted the same thing a few posts up. High Five.

Ebbs
03-10-2011, 05:57 PM

Yea but you gave me an unnecasary face palm for saying Duncan isn't the best player on his team. And although it's hard to measure what experience in the playoffs is worth I would easily rather have Dirk and Pau. I might take Duncan over Stat and Bosh but still unlikely.

gsgs49
03-10-2011, 05:58 PM

This,Amare got 45 of the 55 votes from knicks fans.

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 05:59 PM

That wasn't the case you facepalmed at the notion that he is no longer the best player on his team. All that poster did was attempt to justify who is the Spurs best player ATM.

allSUAVE
03-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Dirk bin in the league 4 more years over Amare

DoJoTheSlasher
03-10-2011, 06:04 PM

So? You said Amare outplayed him and clearly in 24 matchups, Dirk owns Amare. Amare is an all star but Dirk is a Hall of Famer.

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 06:04 PM

Dude don't you understand that those are their HEAD to HEAD match-ups and not career numbers?

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 06:05 PM
So? You said Amare outplayed him and clearly in 24 matchups, Dirk owns Amare. Amare is an all star but Dirk is a Hall of Famer.

I think he lacks the understanding to interpret that those are their head to head meetings and not their career numbers.

metsfanssince05
03-10-2011, 06:05 PM
For everyone that is saying its all Knicks fans voting for Amar'e. Hey atleast we triple almost all your fanbases :).

But you cant say whos best its your opionion. Thats why I hate these polls. I voted Amar'e because im a homer..

allSUAVE
03-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Lol at this guy^! Gives no support but will die defending Amare. He pmed me saying Amare had been better then Dirk and Pau for years :laugh: . . . I messaged him back and he didn't reply hahahahahahahahaha.

Also how is Amare proven tough guy? Gasol was a #2 option but he is wearing a couple rings now.

Dirk beat Amare to go to the finals. He has an MVP and far more all team honours.

Wow guy ..Amare wasn't the number one option in PHX ..check how much more shots dirk Attempts a game ..and hes bin in the league 4 more years over him .

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-10-2011, 06:08 PM
such a shame that Amare is #1

should be
1.pau
2.dirk
3.love
4.LA
5.Amare

DoJoTheSlasher
03-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Wow guy ..Amare wasn't the number one option in PHX ..check how much more shots dirk Attempts a game ..and hes bin in the league 4 more years over him .

Check how many shots Jordan takes a game. Oh yeah, because he is a SUPERSTAR and the greatest player of all time and he scores and wins for his team. Who cares how many shots Dirk takes. He makes most of them anyway.

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 06:09 PM

You really don't know much about Amar'e huh?

He wasn't the number option in Phoenix?

Then who was?

Sportfan
03-10-2011, 06:12 PM
LOL at Tim Duncan not making the pole

cbritz4
03-10-2011, 06:17 PM
LA hands down, hes a stud, no weakness in his game

allSUAVE
03-10-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm in the wrong for going at other peoples opinion.because I have my own and y'all have the right of yours too ..I'm type ignorant that people say dirk is better than Amare and I don't believe it ..lol

Ebbs
03-10-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm in the wrong for going at other peoples opinion.because I have my own and y'all have the right of yours too ..I'm type ignorant that people say dirk is better than Amare and I don't believe it ..lol

what

VillaMaravilla
03-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Amare hands down what he's done with this Knick team is amazing

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 06:25 PM

:confused:

pass that bro

X12Celtics3
1. Pau
2. Dirk
3. Amare

Swashcuff
what

Loving the sig :laugh:

bovice163
03-10-2011, 06:26 PM

Bring them a game over .500 until Melo went there? If that's amazing, then what Derrick Rose and Durant have been doing must be blowing your ****ing mind.

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Bring them a game over .500 until Melo went there? If that's amazing, then what Derrick Rose and Durant have been doing must be blowing your ****ing mind.

What about LeBron James the last 3-4 seasons with the Cavs? or Dwight in Orlando?

It can be argued that Amar'e had a better supporting cast than them both the past few years.

DoJoTheSlasher
03-10-2011, 06:29 PM

Sub .500 is amazing?

Ebbs
03-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Loving the sig :laugh:

Thanks I tried to reason with him. I was even willing to listen if he wanted to give any evidence supporting his claim . . . but none came.

210Don
03-10-2011, 06:33 PM
arguing between amare and dirk is ridiculous both haven't done **** in the playoffs.

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 06:35 PM
arguing between amare and dirk is ridiculous both haven't done **** in the playoffs.

Arguing with you is even worst.

PS I haven't facepalmed anyone in quite some time but you deserve it.

DoJoTheSlasher
03-10-2011, 06:35 PM

Dude STFU. Dirk averages 26 and 11 in the playoffs in 103 games and he averages about 30 ppg in elimination games. Jesus F'ing Christ. If a player isn't Tim Duncan he isn't relevant. Give some ****ing credit for once. JESUS CHRIST

Rndy
03-10-2011, 06:36 PM
LOL! at Knicks fans jesus. PF posting a 12.9 trb% is just pathetic he's not top 3.

210Don
03-10-2011, 06:36 PM
calm down guys dirk is the best pf in the game today.

210Don
03-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Arguing with you is even worst.

PS I haven't facepalmed anyone in quite some time but you deserve it.

WolvesJagsOs
03-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Take Kevin Love and put him on the Lakers instead of Gasol. Love would have about 10-13 pts and about 10 rebounds. Hes not that good. He doesnt play much defense either. Love is a solid player on a very bad team nothing more.

haha, no way dude. He would be averaging way more than that. you dont watch Wolves games, so i will give you a pass, but its not like we run plays for him, we dont run our offense thru him, he gets his pts from offensive rebounds, and from hustling. You have no idea man.

SteBO
03-10-2011, 06:46 PM
How can Kevin Love not be in the top 5? He puts up Moses Malone numbers almost every night on hustle, effort, and energy alone.He may be on a bad team, but I honestly believe he could the same thing or close to it, if he were on a contender.

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 06:48 PM
How can Kevin Love not be in the top 5? He puts up Moses Malone numbers almost every night on hustle, effort, and energy alone.He may be on a bad team, but I honestly believe he could the same thing or close to it, if he were on a contender.

:clap:

Indeed. #4 in the NBA if you ask me

1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Pau Gasol
3. Amar'e Stoudemire
4. Kevin Love
5. Lamarcus Aldridge

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 06:49 PM

Didn't Dirk beat you guys in game 7 of the 2006 WCF?

Look dude, you don't need to push your guys so hard. Duncan averages 13/9 now. He is still a beast, but he doesn't play enough minutes to justify a top ranking.

1. Dirk (best offensive PF in the game, in a landslide, and defense has been underrated for years. Nobody is calling him a good defender, but please don't act like he can't defend anyone)
2. Gasol (he has proven he can lead a championship team statistically, and is dead smack in his prime playing great ball)
3. Love (No matter what his young teams record is, Love is breaking all sorts of records, and is statistically the best PF in the NBA easily, however his team's success MUST drag him down a couple of spots, even I agree with that)
4. Amare (same player he has always been. Dynamic scorer. But Dirk is more efficient, Gasol more well rounded, and Love just a beast statistically)
5. LA (has shown he can be a #1 guy, now living up to his pick, and should be a lock for the ASG shortly)

Those were my top 5 pages ago, and they are now.

If you want to be a homer, at least say it outright. I don't see what Amare is doing now that he didn't do in Phx. I don't see how Dirk can not be ranked #1. If you totally and completely value team success, fine, knock Love down, but remember Amare isn't exactly leading the Knicks to a dominant record. Aldridge is keeping the Blazers secure in the playoffs out west, and showing great scoring ability, he just has to get better at rebounding to move up.

And in 2 years, Blake Griffin will most likely be crapping down all their throats

DJakk
03-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Kevin Garnett is my choice. His defensive play is not comparable with that of Amare or Dirk. Even after his knee surgery, he still wins a rebound battle with nearly any big man. Plus his mid-range game is dominant over any but Dirks.

AddiX
03-10-2011, 06:59 PM

Great players are go to players, number one options on most teams.

Love is a great re-bounder, but he will never be a go to guy. and defensively if the opposing team needs a bucket, they go after Love.

I just don't see how people can overlook all of that because of his stats. There is a reason at the end of the game the ball is always in Beasleys hands and not Loves.

cubswin25
03-10-2011, 07:01 PM
I would say

1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Pau Gasol
3. Amare Stoudemire
4. Blake Griffin
5. LaMarcus Aldridge
6. Kevin Love
7. Kevin Garnett
8. Carlos Boozer
9. Chris Bosh
10. Zach Randolph

It's hard leaving Duncan off that list, but he appears on the decline right now. With him turning 35 soon and PPG game down to 13 this season. He's still pretty good, but not a top 10 guy right now in my book. Also when ranking the top PF you gotta consider the teams they play on and who they play with.

Ebbs
03-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Didn't Dirk beat you guys in game 7 of the 2006 WCF?

Look dude, you don't need to push your guys so hard. Duncan averages 13/9 now. He is still a beast, but he doesn't play enough minutes to justify a top ranking.

1. Dirk (best offensive PF in the game, in a landslide, and defense has been underrated for years. Nobody is calling him a good defender, but please don't act like he can't defend anyone)
2. Gasol (he has proven he can lead a championship team statistically, and is dead smack in his prime playing great ball)
3. Love (No matter what his young teams record is, Love is breaking all sorts of records, and is statistically the best PF in the NBA easily, however his team's success MUST drag him down a couple of spots, even I agree with that)
4. Amare (same player he has always been. Dynamic scorer. But Dirk is more efficient, Gasol more well rounded, and Love just a beast statistically)
5. LA (has shown he can be a #1 guy, now living up to his pick, and should be a lock for the ASG shortly)

Those were my top 5 pages ago, and they are now.

If you want to be a homer, at least say it outright. I don't see what Amare is doing now that he didn't do in Phx. I don't see how Dirk can not be ranked #1. If you totally and completely value team success, fine, knock Love down, but remember Amare isn't exactly leading the Knicks to a dominant record. Aldridge is keeping the Blazers secure in the playoffs out west, and showing great scoring ability, he just has to get better at rebounding to move up.

And in 2 years, Blake Griffin will most likely be crapping down all their throats

Good to see you :)

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Love is a great re-bounder, but he will never be a go to guy. and defensively if the opposing team needs a bucket, they go after Love.

I just don't see how people can overlook all of that because of his stats. There is a reason at the end of the game the ball is always in Beasleys hands and not Loves.

How can you say that?

He's 22 and in his 3rd season in the league. No one knows what Kevin Love is going to become so just making such a blanket statement is not being realistic.

The reason the ball is in Beasley's hands is because he is more gifted (more like erratic) scorer. He is the go to scorer who is to say Kevin Love won't become one one day?

He went from being a sixth man for his first two seasons in the league to shattering records which have been held for over 30 years and doing things we have never seen done in the NBA before this year.

I surely would not lose my brain and say that Love isn't ever going to become a go to player. These are things that takes time.

WolvesJagsOs
03-10-2011, 07:08 PM

Beasley is a guy that has characteristics of some of those top players dude, just hasnt quite figured everything out, but he has sure shown some things that make you think he will soon. Klove isnt a player that we go to, but he does so much to get us in those closer games. He is the leader in offensive rebounders to gives us those extra possessions, way ahead of any other rebounder, good at the line (87%), great from the 3 when we need one (44%), solid from the field (47%), and just gets pts in the flow of the game, we dont have to call plays for him, he works his butt to get pts. When your averaging 21/15.8 and how efficient he is from the field, he is NO DOUBT a top 5-8 PF. Amar'e isnt exactly good on defense either dude.

avrpatsfan
03-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Amare is the best option on the poll but Love has been the best so far.

WolvesJagsOs
03-10-2011, 07:13 PM
But can someone please add Klove on the poll? this is kind of ridiculous, even if you dont think he is, he should at least be available on the poll.

romaldinho
03-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Almost noone mentioned Zach Randolph? The grizzlies without Rudy Gay have pushed into the top 8 in the West and this guy is averaging 20 and 13 thereabouts
IMO he is definitely top 5 underrated players in the league.

AddiX
03-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Beasley is a guy that has characteristics of some of those top players dude, just hasnt quite figured it out. Klove isnt a player that we go to, but he does so much to get us in those closer games. He is the leader in offensive rebounders to gives us those extra possessions, way ahead of any other rebounder, good at the line (87%), great from the 3 when we need one (44%), solid from the field (47%), and just gets pts in the flow of the game, we dont have to call plays for him, he works his butt to get pts. When your averaging 21/15.8 and how efficient he is from the field, he is NO DOUBT a top 5-8 PF. Amar'e isnt exactly good on defense either dude.

That's exactly my point. He gets opportunity buckets. I haven't seen him hit a big shot his whole career. How can you call a guy one of the best PF if he isn't even a go to guy on a bad team?

Amare isn't a great defender by any means, but in clutch time hes blocked 4-5 game winners this year alone. When it counts he plays pretty good D.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-10-2011, 07:16 PM

And what has he done:confused:

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 07:23 PM
That's exactly my point. He gets opportunity buckets. I haven't seen him hit a big shot his whole career. How can you call a guy one of the best PF if he isn't even a go to guy on a bad team?

Amare isn't a great defender by any means, but in clutch time hes blocked 4-5 game winners this year alone. When it counts he plays pretty good D.

didn't he hit a late 3 in his 31/31 game, a win over the Knicks.......

yes he did. That was the sealer.

Again, we know you don't like Love. He is 22, and will be the MIP this year, and has proven doubters wrong at every level. Why will the NBA be any different?

EDIT: Love had 15 points, and 4 rebounds in the final 4:26 of that game. I would consider that clutch, not sure who wouldn't...

WolvesJagsOs
03-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Almost noone mentioned Zach Randolph? The grizzlies without Rudy Gay have pushed into the top 8 in the West and this guy is averaging 20 and 13 thereabouts
IMO he is definitely top 5 underrated players in the league.

no doubt man, i love Z-Bo, i think he is in the top 10 somewhere foresure.

Avenged
03-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Can't say I'm surprised Amare is leading.. what a shame.

WolvesJagsOs
03-10-2011, 07:26 PM

yeah man, Klove isnt quite as bad as everyone thinks either, its just that sometimes, we have to put Klove on there best big man because Darko tweaks his ankle or hurts his arm dunking it haha. He is like way funny, the other day he tweaked his ankle, and everyone on the bench was laughing, that tells you something.

knicksfan42
03-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Wolves are tied for the second worst record in the NBA and are on pace to win 20 games. I'm sorry, but you can't be a top 3 PF if that's your team. Well maybe if you put up great numbers on a winning team in the past.

WolvesJagsOs
03-10-2011, 07:28 PM

Again, we know you don't like Love. He is 22, and will be the MIP this year, and has proven doubters wrong at every level. Why will the NBA be any different?

this, when he got into the NBA, ppl said he would average a double double, but wouldnt be a scorer, and would be a good but not great rebounder. Couldnt hit the trey, and just wasnt that great? Whats he averaging again?

romaldinho
03-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Also if Blake Griffin is on this list,which he definitely should be,then so should K Love.
52 consecutive double doubles, 15.8 rpg, 30 and 30 game and not considered a top 10 PF?
It doesnt really matter who you play with when you average Dennis Rodman type numbers along with 21 ppg.

WolvesJagsOs
03-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Wolves are tied for the second worst record in the NBA and are on pace to win 20 games. I'm sorry, but you can't be a top 3 PF if that's your team. Well maybe if you put up great numbers on a winning team in the past.

haha, please show me evidence that putting up great numbers on a bad team means anything? If anything, it should be harder, people always try to focus in on Klove every game, but what does he do? burn you for 20+/15+ type numbers.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-10-2011, 07:30 PM

he has the worst supporting cast in the nba

Rndy
03-10-2011, 07:31 PM
I'd take Gasol on this list easily. He's the best all around player. He doesn't suck at rebounding like Amare and Dirk. He's pretty efficient, doesn't turn the ball over a lot. He's just the better all around player.

AddiX
03-10-2011, 07:33 PM

Everyone hits game winners against my Knicks.:D We make Ramon Sessions look like Allen Iverson, Let Love get a 30/30 against us. I wouldn't brag about our team defense or about any accomplishments done to our defense.

Look, love can play and produce on the NBA level, no doubt.

I consider him one of the best re bounders in the NBA. And That's it, not like its a bad thing. The top spots are reserved for players who on almost any given night are a mis-match for the other team.

Getting scrap buckets and hitting open 3's on a bad team that your not even the go to player doesn't make you a top PF. At least that's my opinion.

A lot of you Love fans rip other PF's for rebounding, defense, shooting, efficiency, etc etc, but on there teams, with better records, they are all the go to guy. Love is not.

Ebbs
03-10-2011, 07:35 PM
he has the worst supporting cast in the nba

Lies. Beas/Wes/Darko/Randy/Ridnour is still > CAVS, RAPS, Bobcats, maybe a few more.

romaldinho
03-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Lies. Beas/Wes/Darko/Randy/Ridnour is still > CAVS, RAPS, Bobcats, maybe a few more.

Yes true but imagine those 3 teams in the west.Bobcats would have a worse record than the T wolves imo

valade16
03-10-2011, 07:38 PM
haha, please show me evidence that putting up great numbers on a bad team means anything? If anything, it should be harder, people always try to focus in on Klove every game, but what does he do? burn you for 20+/15+ type numbers.

Were not arguing he wouldnt get numbers (well im not) im arguing he doesnt win games. He cant be counted on this year (which is what this poll is fyi) to play D in the clutch or get the much needed buckets in crunch time (outside of 1 example by hawkeye)...

And to clarify, there are degrees of bad. Winning 35 games is bad, 30 is bad, 25 is bad... Winning 20 is downright terrible...

The twolves have what the 2nd worse record in the league. Ask yourself if there talent is the 2nd least of all teams in the nba (their bad i know, but 2nd worst bad?). If not then they are underacheiving, pure and simple.

Klove is good, the best rebounder ive seen since rodman, and will only get better, but THIS year? There are many better...

flii27kiid
03-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm sorry. Amare has been the second best guy on his team behind a Hall of Fame point guard who is still near the top of the league. Dirk has had no one help him in the playoffs. Go check the stats, they don't lie. And no, Dirk has not always had a better team than Amare. Dirk is the reason Dallas has been a contender, Steve Nash was the reason Phoenix was a contender.

If nash was the best player (why phoenix are not in the playoff ?) If amare was the only player that left the teams so he did have the same team before the trade.....Now tell me how can you explain that

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-10-2011, 07:42 PM

beasley - terrible
wes - average
darko - beyond terrible/useful on defense only
ridnour - good
Who's Randy???

AddiX
03-10-2011, 07:43 PM
I have a question, how does Kevin Love talk without moving his mouth?

If there is an award for that, Bingo!

PLAYERS FAN
03-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Amare
Dirk
LA
Zach
Love
Blake
Gasol
KG
Boozer
Duncan

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Everyone hits game winners against my Knicks.:D We make Ramon Sessions look like Allen Iverson, Let Love get a 30/30 against us. I wouldn't brag about our team defense or about any accomplishments done to our defense.

Look, love can play and produce on the NBA level, no doubt.

I consider him one of the best re bounders in the NBA. And That's it, not like its a bad thing. The top spots are reserved for players who on almost any given night are a mis-match for the other team.

Getting scrap buckets and hitting open 3's on a bad team that your not even the go to player doesn't make you a top PF. At least that's my opinion.

A lot of you Love fans rip other PF's for rebounding, defense, shooting, efficiency, etc etc, but on there teams, with better records, they are all the go to guy. Love is not.

see my edit on the last post.

You weigh how a guy plays with the ball on the line, cool. Guys who create their own shots are generally wings. Amare isn't given the ball out top, he needs to be set up. The Wolves have nobody that does this. Beasley has tunnel vision. Yes, he gets the ball late to create. Hence why we lose so many close games. Beasley isn't even remotely close to being our best player.

There are 48 minutes in a game, and a lot more than scoring (which Love sucks at btw, 22 a night with ridiculous TS%.....).

Again, we will never see eye to eye on Love. Not until he is on a team winning games, and still doing this. I will remind you of these conversations at that time.

Lata son!

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Were not arguing he wouldnt get numbers (well im not) im arguing he doesnt win games. He cant be counted on this year (which is what this poll is fyi) to play D in the clutch or get the much needed buckets in crunch time (outside of 1 example by hawkeye)...

And to clarify, there are degrees of bad. Winning 35 games is bad, 30 is bad, 25 is bad... Winning 20 is downright terrible...

The twolves have what the 2nd worse record in the league. Ask yourself if there talent is the 2nd least of all teams in the nba (their bad i know, but 2nd worst bad?). If not then they are underacheiving, pure and simple.

Klove is good, the best rebounder ive seen since rodman, and will only get better, but THIS year? There are many better...

its a team game man. Love is #5 in total win shares this year, #1 in offensive win shares. What he does translates to winning. Unfortunately the rest of the roster gets so beat up, there is nothing he alone can do to win games.

They have young talent. Young talent doesn't produce much of the time. If the mix is right, then sure, they can scrape some wins out (see Clippers). But the Wolves lone vet is Luke Ridnour. Everyone else is a baby. With 11 new players to start the season, they weren't winning a lot of games.

knicksfan42
03-10-2011, 07:51 PM
haha, please show me evidence that putting up great numbers on a bad team means anything? burn you for 20+/15+ type numbers.

So Love is the best PF in the NBA according to you? No seriously that's what you're saying. Love is putting up the best stats and since winning doesn't matter according to you that makes him the best PF in the game.

If anything, it should be harder, people always try to focus in on Klove every game

Actually wait winning does matter to you in that the less you win the less your numbers are exaggerated so Love would in theory (according to you) put up even better numbers on a winning team.

AddiX
03-10-2011, 07:54 PM
see my edit on the last post.

You weigh how a guy plays with the ball on the line, cool. Guys who create their own shots are generally wings. Amare isn't given the ball out top, he needs to be set up. The Wolves have nobody that does this. Beasley has tunnel vision. Yes, he gets the ball late to create. Hence why we lose so many close games. Beasley isn't even remotely close to being our best player.

There are 48 minutes in a game, and a lot more than scoring (which Love sucks at btw, 22 a night with ridiculous TS%.....).

Again, we will never see eye to eye on Love. Not until he is on a team winning games, and still doing this. I will remind you of these conversations at that time.

Lata son!

Almost every player on that list is in the playoffs or fighting for a spot. And there one of the top options on there team.

Love is not, win some games, and well talk again.:D

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 07:57 PM

Slow your roll there brother. That same Bobcats team made the playoffs last season, at least some of those Cavs players at least try on the defensive end, and the Raps? Are you serious Calderon, Davis, DeRozan, Amir Johnson, Sony Weems, Jarryd Bayless and now James Johnson. I'd take that over sir chuck a lot Michael Beasley any day.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 07:58 PM
I have a question, how does Kevin Love talk without moving his mouth?

If there is an award for that, Bingo!

there is a dude who does that in my office. It totally creeps me out.

knicks4life33
03-10-2011, 08:00 PM
hands down amare stoudamire and im not being a homer ! its either stoudimire of dirk nitwitski then gasol then alderidge

Knicks21
03-10-2011, 08:01 PM
beasley - terrible
wes - average
darko - beyond terrible/useful on defense only
ridnour - good
Who's Randy???

Anthony Randolph

Hawkeye15
03-10-2011, 08:01 PM
So Love is the best PF in the NBA according to you? No seriously that's what you're saying. Love is putting up the best stats and since winning doesn't matter according to you that makes him the best PF in the game.

Actually wait winning does matter to you in that the less you win the less your numbers are exaggerated so Love would in theory (according to you) put up even better numbers on a winning team.

on a winning team, with more talent, you would expect THIS YEAR'S Love's numbers to drop per game wise. But his efficiency would now enter the LeBron/Dwight area. However, his defense would drag him back a bit as well.

I think its interesting that many of you leave out the fact that he is 22, and getting better by the year. Um, why couldn't he, at age 26, in his prime, get these numbers with a playoff team? Tell me why not. Seriously. So his game just stops improving NOW? There is no way he can get any better? If he is doing this now, as a 3rd year player, why shouldn't we expect him to get better and better?

Hmmmm

NYK|NYY
03-10-2011, 08:02 PM
its a team game man. Love is #5 in total win shares this year, #1 in offensive win shares. What he does translates to winning. Unfortunately the rest of the roster gets so beat up, there is nothing he alone can do to win games.

They have young talent. Young talent doesn't produce much of the time. If the mix is right, then sure, they can scrape some wins out (see Clippers). But the Wolves lone vet is Luke Ridnour. Everyone else is a baby. With 11 new players to start the season, they weren't winning a lot of games.

Not familiar at all with the formula for win shares, but would that # not be tainted by him putting up a ridiculous stat sheet playing on a crappy team?

bklynny67
03-10-2011, 08:02 PM

homer, homer, and more homer from you

Gasol is clearly not the best PF THIS SEASON!!! Amar'e and Dirk are having much better seasons. basically your response about championship players means they are the best, is completely ridiculous..

so you're saying the DET won the title, Billups was the best player in the league? was Rasheed Wallace the best PF in the league too? lol just ridiculous.... what about the Celtics when they won a couple yrs ago? was Pierce the best player in the league and KG the best PF?

what a joke of a reponse u posted.

Swashcuff
03-10-2011, 08:03 PM
If nash was the best player (why phoenix are not in the playoff ?) If amare was the only player that left the teams so he did have the same team before the trade.....Now tell me how can you explain that

:confused::confused::confused:

You need to take a lesson in grammar and reading comprehension.

Then go take a history lesson.

VikesTwinsWolve
Almost every player on that list is in the playoffs or fighting for a spot. And there one of the top options on there team.

Love is not, win some games, and well talk again.:D

Did I miss something or is this an official best pf list? lol it can't be without Love. Thats funny coming from a fan thats not used to winning! We'll be competing in the next couple years for a playoff spot in the west.

MacFitz92
I'd take Gasol on this list easily. He's the best all around player. He doesn't suck at rebounding like Amare and Dirk. He's pretty efficient, doesn't turn the ball over a lot. He's just the better all around player.

Career RPG:
Dirk: 8.4
Pau: 9.1

PLAYOFF Career RPG:
Dirk: 10.9
Pau: 9.8

Yeah, Dirk sucks at rebounding, and Pau is really good.

Let's look at turnovers.

Career TOV:
Dirk: 1.9
Pau: 1.8

Playoff TOV%:
Dirk: 7.4
Pau: 10.1

Well. There goes your two arguments.

bklynny67
03-10-2011, 08:05 PM

yes, top 2 or 3 possibly, which means u just admitted he's not the best, yet u chose him as the best in your vote... makes no sense at all. this is why polls like this are usually not good cuz everyone who's a fan of the team of one of those guys will just choose him, even though they then make a comment saying they know he's not the best, but picked him anyway..... :facepalm:

Jeff559
03-10-2011, 08:06 PM
LOL at kevin love not being on the list. He is arguably top 5, and definitely top 8. Also, if Odom, jsmith, and zbo are on the list then definitely duncan should be on the list too.