PDA

View Full Version : Kwame Brown Should Be Suspended

ko8e24
03-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Kwame "DA BUST" Brown should be suspended by the league IMO for his activity after a personal foul call or his aggressive fouling nature.

Just last Friday in the Lakers-Bobcats game, Kwame and Derek Fisher were tied up, the call was already made for a jump ball, and Kwame had his extracurricular after the foul play and tried to pull the ball away from Fisher (unnecessarily as it wouldn't have added to anything) and pulled Derek Fisher's left shooting arm back, and almost pulled his arm out of the poor guys' socket, jeopardiing Fisher's Iron Man Consecutive Game Streak.

And just today, Carlos Boozer, the hard-working and talented power forward for the Chicago Bulls, who was hit with a serious injury at the beginning of the season which forced him to miss a good amount of the first half of the season, just received a leg injury, due to an unnecessary flagrant foul by MR. BUST! Booz worked so hard to come back from his injury, the Bulls are doing well and are looking like the best team in the East, and Kwame Brown had to pull this ****!

SUSPEND KWAME BROWN NOW BEFORE HE INJURES SOMEONE ELSE, MOST NOTABLY, A PLAYER ON A CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDING TEAM!!!!!!! (Fisher-Lakers, Boozer-Bulls)

jkiddvc20
03-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Vid?

JiffyMix88
03-09-2011, 11:34 PM
yeah this does suck

turnaround3
03-09-2011, 11:47 PM
It's cool that a fan of another team is actually pointing out what a scumbag Brown is, instead of what I assumed would be an onslaught of "Da Boozur is injury pronez LOL!!!1"

But yeah this guy needs to go.

jkiddvc20
03-09-2011, 11:48 PM
It's cool that a fan of another team is actually pointing out what a scumbag Brown is, instead of what I assumed would be an onslaught of "Da Boozur is injury pronez LOL!!!1"

But yeah this guy needs to go.

It is a Lakers fan so I am sure he is not too fond of Kwame for obvious reasons.

Bullsfan22
03-09-2011, 11:50 PM
**** him and his t-rex hands

ko8e24
03-09-2011, 11:54 PM
It is a Lakers fan so I am sure he is not too fond of Kwame for obvious reasons.

Although Kwame sucked for us, it was due to ability and lack of confidence, not a lack of effort. I never questioned his heart.

Brian Cook and Smush Parker were guys who gave zero effort during those mediocre Lakers yrs. I HATE THEM WITH A PASSION!

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Oh he'll be taken care of alright :)

http://finicky.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/agent47.jpg

BirdIsTheWord
Is there a video?

210Don
no he shouldnt... dampier wasnt suspended for his dangerous push on parker so brown wont be

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Is there a video?

nvm they don't have the highlight of the injury on that one

Gritz
03-09-2011, 11:59 PM
**** his couch

bulls_world23
03-10-2011, 12:00 AM
The worst part is that this was almost a blow out and then T-Rex pulls this off.

magichatnumber9
03-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Kwame's been a piece of work this year

AddiX
03-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Stop acting like a little *****.

I remember watching Robert Parrish Elbow rodman in the face twice and he didn't even get called for a foul. Man up, if Kwame wants to be an enforcer out there, more power to him.

NBA has gotten so soft, and so have its fans.

NYK_kidd77
03-10-2011, 12:07 AM
******** foul

RZZZA
03-10-2011, 12:07 AM
****in Kwame Brown, he should be decapitated.

Poor Carlos :(

RZZZA
03-10-2011, 12:08 AM

I remember watching Robert Parrish Elbow rodman in the face twice and he didn't even get called for a foul. Man up, if Kwame wants to be an enforcer out there, more power to him.

yeah, if Kwame Brown handicapped Melo or Amare you'd be singing a different tune.

Arch Stanton
Did Boozer return to the game? How bad is the injury?

Lakerhead4ever
Oh he'll be taken care of alright :)

http://finicky.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/agent47.jpg

lmao!!

turnaround3
03-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Although Kwame sucked for us, it was due to ability and lack of confidence, not a lack of effort. I never questioned his heart.

Brian Cook and Smush Parker were guys who gave zero effort during those mediocre Lakers yrs. I HATE THEM WITH A PASSION!

His Illini days were fun to watch though.

AddiX
03-10-2011, 12:13 AM
yeah, if Kwame Brown handicapped Melo or Amare you'd be singing a different tune.

I didn't even see the play, and your right, I would be pissed.

But that doesn't change the fact I think this sport has become way to soft, and I'm tired of seeing fans complain when there is contact or an uncalled foul.

johnnychan
03-10-2011, 12:13 AM
**** happens. I didn't see the foul tonight, but what he did to Fisher was an accident. You can't suspend the guy for playing agressive. He's playing tough and there's nothing wrong with that.

NEILarado
03-10-2011, 12:14 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/bobcats/2011/03/09/0021000953_chi_cha_recap.nba/index.html

u can watch the foul at the end of this highlight video.. kwames a punk *****!

godolphins
03-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Is Boozer injury serious?

GodsSon
03-10-2011, 12:17 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/bobcats/2011/03/09/0021000953_chi_cha_recap.nba/index.html

That looked pretty nasty. The Bulls better hope Taj steps up for them now.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-10-2011, 12:18 AM
**** happens. I didn't see the foul tonight, but what he did to Fisher was an accident. You can't suspend the guy for playing agressive. He's playing tough and there's nothing wrong with that.

This wasn't an accident, if you can't go for the ball, let the guy dunk it. Just cuz his *** was late on the rotation, doesn't mean he can clothesline someone especially with the game basically being over at that point.

Cullksinikers
03-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Is Boozer injury serious?

He didn't cry.

Rego247
03-10-2011, 12:20 AM
This wasn't an accident, if you can't go for the ball, let the guy dunk it. Just cuz his *** was late on the rotation, doesn't mean he can clothesline someone especially with the game basically being over at that point.

+1

the game was over, there was no need for a foul like that.

whats the status boozer?

Bulls_fan90
03-10-2011, 12:24 AM
+1

whats the status boozer?

Pretty much. X-Rays negative, left ankle sprain. Dosen't seem that bad, could have been far worse.

Cullksinikers
X-Rays are negative, it's an ankle sprain, and they have to see how much it swells up.

acehole
You guys need to stop overreacting..it wasnt a dirty foul.

Boozer just landed awkwardly on one foot, Im pretty sure Kwame doesnt control how guys fall down.

johnnychan
Man that was just a hard foul, I don't even think it was flagrant. You guys were making it seem like he went out of his way to just murder the dude. Bad luck Booz got hurt though. Don't think it deserves a suspension. Basketball is a contact sport fellas.

AddiX
Just watched it, it was just freak fall by Boozer. He's a strong guy you got to put some weight into him to stop him from making a bucket that close to the hoop.

I don't think Brown meant any harm.

Hope Booz is ok. Any word?

Cullksinikers
03-10-2011, 12:25 AM
If it was Amar'e, you wouldn't be saying that.

It was pretty dirty.

He should get 1 or 2 games.

godolphins
03-10-2011, 12:25 AM
He didn't cry.
:confused: What?

cubswin25
03-10-2011, 12:26 AM
+1

whats the status boozer?

Sprained left ankle. X-rays negative. Re-evaluated on Thursday.

abe_froman
Hope Booz is ok. Any word?

they're saying its just sprained ankle and could have come back into the game if needed

ElMarroAfamado
I like the Bulls...but this was just a hard foul by Kwaaaamaaaay Brown.
But yeah it was unnecessary

ManRam
It was a really hard foul, but I'm not so certain how dirty I'd call it. It was a flagrant, even that I'm not sure, but I'm not going to be calling his head for this. I almost think he was going for the ball. I certainly don't think he intended to hurt. He just hit his arm really hard. He didn't take his legs out from under him. He didn't go for the head. He did throw an elbow. He didn't do anything but hack the arm.

Boozer just fell really awkwardly, and that's such a shame. I hope it isn't serious at all. Hopefully it's just a lower ankle sprain and he'll be on the court in a few days. Don't want to see someone like that seriously hurt in that circumstance.

But let's not overreact. If Boozer wasn't hurt, no one would ever bring this up. The result makes this suck...but the result doesn't make the act dirty.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-10-2011, 12:29 AM
they're saying its just sprained ankle and could have come back into the game if needed

Where'd you read that abe? :laugh2:

cubswin25
03-10-2011, 12:30 AM
It was a really hard foul, but I'm not so certain how dirty I'd call it. It was a flagrant, but I'm not going to be calling his head for this.

The timing is what makes it bad really. The Bulls were up by 17 with 4 minutes to go and he does that. I can understand if he was being that aggressive in a close game. But there was no reason to foul that hard at that point in the game.

Cullksinikers
03-10-2011, 12:31 AM
:D
:confused: What?

You are a fan of the Heat, correct?

I'm just giving you a hard time.

:D

SteBO
03-10-2011, 12:32 AM

I don't condone foul play and flagrant fouls that can cause season-ending injury, but to an extent, I agree with you 100% here.

bulldog312
03-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Ehh, I think there is a lot of overreacting. I'm pissed because he hurt Boozer, but it wasn't a horrible foul. It was a flagrant and was rightly called so. It was unnecessary, but I don't think it really warrants a suspension.

abe_froman
03-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Where'd you read that abe? :laugh2:

thibs said it

John Walls Era
Good. I like what he did... Fisher is notorious for being a dirt bag on the court.

RZZZA
I dont believe it for a second, he could hardly stand on that leg.

Uhmm...and yes, Boozers foot is worth Kwames head :mad:

Crackadalic
03-10-2011, 12:35 AM
It was a hard foul but to be fair boozer just landed awkwardly

knicksfan42
03-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Good. I like what he did... Fisher is notorious for being a dirt bag on the court.

^ This

NYK_kidd77
03-10-2011, 12:36 AM
After watching it a couple times it wasn't that bad.

ManRam
03-10-2011, 12:37 AM
The timing is what makes it bad really. The Bulls were up by 17 with 4 minutes to go and he does that. I can understand if he was being that aggressive in a close game. But there was no reason to foul that hard at that point in the game.

If the starters are in the game up 17, then the other team has every right to play like the game is still up for grabs. Until the team winning takes their starters out, why should they quit? Hell, they shouldn't ever quit.

My final conclusion: nothing but a hard foul and a very unfortunate landing.

Again, the result doesn't shape the action. The result sucked, but that doesn't make the action dirty.

bulldog312
03-10-2011, 12:38 AM

As I said above, I don't think he should be suspended. That said, you can't rationalize what happens today by saying they got away with it 20 years ago. it's a different league now. Just because you feel the league should be more physical doesn't make unnecessary physical play ok, and the league certainly can't change its approach in the middle of the season and start saying all of this is going to fly.

And to be clear, I'm not trying to criticize your view that the league shouldn't be as "soft." I'm just saying it is a completely irrelevant point in this particular debate.

D1JM
03-10-2011, 12:42 AM
If the starters are in the game up 17, then the other team has every right to play like the game is still up for grabs. Until the team winning takes their starters out, why should they quit? Hell, they shouldn't ever quit.

My final conclusion: nothing but a hard foul and a very unfortunate landing.

Again, the result doesn't shape the action. The result sucked, but that doesn't make the action dirty.

we went on a like 14-0 run. korver shot like three three's in three possessions. thats why our starters were in the game. but i do agree, it was a very hard foul with excess of power, but it was clean. i doubt brown wanted to hurt boozer.

nickdymez
03-10-2011, 12:43 AM
wasnt even that bad..

AddiX
03-10-2011, 12:43 AM
As I said above, I don't think he should be suspended. That said, you can't rationalize what happens today by saying they got away with it 20 years ago. it's a different league now. Just because you feel the league should be more physical doesn't make unnecessary physical play ok, and the league certainly can't change its approach in the middle of the season and start saying all of this is going to fly.

And to be clear, I'm not trying to criticize your view that the league shouldn't be as "soft." I'm just saying it is a completely irrelevant point in this particular debate.

Wanna know why playoff basketball is great?

It's because the refs let them play. As soon as the playoffs start you realize you forgot what hard played basketball looked like.

Personally, I want a guy like Kwame on my team anyday.

Chi StateOfMind
03-10-2011, 12:46 AM

as much as i hate to agree with u b/c i know if it was melo or amare u would be saying different words but i agree the NBA is getting soft on calls and im tired of a game being decided by a REF not the players....now i dont agree with u on the foul today i mean ur getting blown out and he CLEARLY didnt go for the ball he went in already knowing he was fouling hard for trying to dunk but whatever.....now as far as fans i disagree i see fans complaing all the time about calls b/c the refs do take away the games from teams or favor other but again this is the NBA and he will proly just get a fine and thats it...o well hope boozer is ok and we continue our run

Avenged
03-10-2011, 12:48 AM
That's just a hard foul, not a dirty play at all.

Boozer just had an unfortunate fall.

RZZZA
03-10-2011, 12:49 AM
you're supposed wrap em up to prevent them from falling hard like that

black1605
03-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Not that bad.

Save your homer comments, I couldn't care less if Kwame is suspended.

bulls_world23
03-10-2011, 12:52 AM
thibs said it

I think he was referring to deng

RZZZA
03-10-2011, 12:54 AM
I don't care if he's suspended or not, I just want to cut his arm off with a bonesaw, that's all.

Chi StateOfMind
03-10-2011, 12:54 AM
I think he was referring to deng

ur right he did say that about deng b/c he was referring about luols knee i think

bulls_world23
03-10-2011, 12:55 AM
I don't care if he's suspended or not, I just want to cut his arm off with a bonesaw, that's all.

Cut his little hands

ILMindState
03-10-2011, 12:58 AM
That's just a hard foul, not a dirty play at all.

Boozer just had an unfortunate fall.

this. At first I was pissed but after watching replays I realized it wasnt that bad. If he had a normal fall it probably wouldn't have been a flagrant.

ILMindState
03-10-2011, 01:00 AM
This is a bad foul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQyaKWsQy8

Iron24th
03-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Kwame is just a bum who try to find an identity as a player.

Glad he isn't a Laker anymore.

John Walls Era
03-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Didn't look like a dirty play (could've been, I'm not Kwame -- I don't know what his intentions were). Looked like he tried to block it TBH, but couldn't jump high enough so he got Boozer's arms and then Boozer fell awkward. Hard to really prevent Boozer's fall since Kwame appeared further away.

Iggz53
03-10-2011, 01:59 AM
I think a more appropriate measure would be to knock his *** on the floor. This goes for any team. I was a little upset none of the Bulls showed him up when he was under the basket, I thought it would've been a nice message to not ever **** with them. I understand they just wanted to end the game and get out but it still would've been good to see.

Iggz53
03-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Didn't look like a dirty play (could've been, I'm not Kwame -- I don't know what his intentions were). Looked like he tried to block it TBH, but couldn't jump high enough so he got Boozer's arms and then Boozer fell awkward. Hard to really prevent Boozer's fall since Kwame appeared further away.

His right arm was trying to block it but his left line was close-lining him right in the sternum. That's what caused the fall.

John Walls Era
03-10-2011, 02:00 AM
I think a more appropriate measure would be to knock his *** on the floor. This goes for any team. I was a little upset none of the Bulls showed him up when he was under the basket, I thought it would've been a nice message to not ever **** with them. I understand they just wanted to end the game and get out but it still would've been good to see.

Shame teams don't do this anymore. You don't want to start a brawl, but definitely get into the face of Kwame.

Iggz53
03-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Shame teams don't do this anymore. You don't want to start a brawl, but definitely get into the face of Kwame.

I agree. You need to send a message that the other team's players can't just start **** without consequences. Even baseball does it by hitting the other team's best hitter with a fastball.

Fnom11
03-10-2011, 02:10 AM
You're ******** if you think that deserves a suspension. He in no way meant to hurt him. You CHI fans need to man up.

danniboi168
03-10-2011, 02:11 AM
ouch.. he landed really weird.. hope hes okay.

Iggz53
03-10-2011, 02:15 AM
You're ******** if you think that deserves a suspension. He in no way meant to hurt him. You CHI fans need to man up.

I don't think you said anything here that is even remotely accurate

Rndy
03-10-2011, 02:20 AM

I put that guy on Ignore the day he posted that Bosh was a great defensive player.

xxcubs22xx
03-10-2011, 03:15 AM
Ehh, I think there is a lot of overreacting. I'm pissed because he hurt Boozer, but it wasn't a horrible foul. It was a flagrant and was rightly called so. It was unnecessary, but I don't think it really warrants a suspension.

This

redwhitenblue
03-10-2011, 07:38 AM
I hate Brown for the foul because it ended in injury, but the foul itself wasn't horrendous. I've seen worse go ignored this season already.

He got he flagrant, which was correct, other than that not much you can do. Luckily it seems Boozer avoided serious injury barring some ligament damage.

redwhitenblue
03-10-2011, 07:38 AM
D/p

Fnom11
03-10-2011, 08:20 AM

Your opinion>my opinion? Guess Chicago's public schools don't teach the meaning of logic

effen5
03-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Your opinion>my opinion? Guess Chicago's public schools don't teach the meaning of logic

You live in miami and your ripping on chicago schools?

:laugh:

effen5
03-10-2011, 09:56 AM
ouch.. he landed really weird.. hope hes okay.

Just a left ankle sprain, hopefully he'll miss only a few games an come back. Think what pisses me off is how reckless he plays on the floor. There was a play earlier where boozer went for the dunk and kwame clearly hit booze's shoulder and he started complaining about the call. I think he complained after boozer got injured as we'll. He's just a little ***** for sure.

ILMindState
03-10-2011, 10:03 AM

I was thinking the same thing. We need an enforcer on this team to send a message. We haven't had one since....Antonio Davis?

Kyben36
03-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Kwame needs to leave the league, he isnt good, he does stupid things, its basicaly having a 7 footer who will fould for you.

ewing
03-10-2011, 10:23 AM

Cant believe it took a wholepage before someone with some sense reposnded to this BS post

ewing
03-10-2011, 10:30 AM

Only thing I saw worth mentioning in there was Gerald Henderson's finish. God damn!! As for Brown it was a clean hard foul. He didn't undercut him and he hacked him hard across the arms. Thats preventing a lay up. Im not sure what Oparh has done to all you younger generation *******

Public Enemy #1
03-10-2011, 10:40 AM
I feel no remorse for Fisher... its actually very funny honestly. How can you even tell Fisher was in jeopardy of getting injured? The guy flops if somebody goes within 10 feet of him.

Public Enemy #1
03-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Also, the foul doesn't warrant a suspension. He got a flagrant so the matter should be closed.

Team*Chicago
03-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Of corse Brown would do his weak a-- dirty play on a championship contending team, he's mad that he knows he'll never win a championship and he knows that he's a scub.

E.O.21
03-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Pretty much. X-Rays negative, left ankle sprain. Dosen't seem that bad, could have been far worse.

haha I like Lebron but ur sig is hilarious