PDA

View Full Version : what if cleveland traded hickson for amare or bosh last season?

blahblahyoutoo
03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
would they have won it all?
would lebron still be in CLE?

Gibby23
03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
No he wouldn't and neither would Amare or Bosh.

johnnychan
03-09-2011, 05:08 PM
No they wouldn't have won it all and Lebron would probably still be there if they got one of em

nyKnicks126
03-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Who cares?

mrblisterdundee
03-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I think Cleveland could have made a package for Chris Bosh. They might have had to trade Anderson Verajao, though, which wouldn't be good, although they'd probably still have Zydrunas Ilgauskas after that deal.

marvILLous
03-09-2011, 05:14 PM
lol raptors weren't looking to trade bosh though

blahblahyoutoo
03-09-2011, 05:18 PM
lol raptors weren't looking to trade bosh though

wasn't sure, but the suns were definitely shopping amare.

hyb152
03-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Yes, they would have won it all and yes, lebron would still be in Cleveland. All cleveland needed was a dominant post player and Amare would have been that guy. Danny Ferry and Cavs management failed to supply lebron with the necessary pieces, and that's why they got ditched. 37 year old Shaq and Varejao... c'mon now...

abe_froman
03-09-2011, 07:07 PM
they'd be in the same place they are now minus hickson,neither of those guys are staying if lebron isnt

FairWeatherFan?
03-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Yes, they would have won it all and yes, lebron would still be in Cleveland. All cleveland needed was a dominant post player and Amare would have been that guy. Danny Ferry and Cavs management failed to supply lebron with the necessary pieces, and that's why they got ditched. 37 year old Shaq and Varejao... c'mon now...

Miami would be better off with Varejao over Bosh. He would easily be their best defender and the #'s may not show it, but his offensive game has dramitically approved as the years have gone by and he doesn't care about touches(he was able to be productive with #6 all those years).

Arch Stanton
03-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure if they would've won. It depends. If LeBron quit in the playoffs then no. But if he doesn't then possibly.
Regardless the Cavs weren't getting Amare, Phoenix wasn't going to give him up for just Hickson. I'm sure they wanted more. The Cavs would've had to give Varejao also.
I think a lot of people underestimated Boston last year.

mike_noodles
03-09-2011, 07:33 PM
The joke here is the thought that either team would have accepted a trade involving Hickson. He is one of the most overrated players in the nba (Varejao is up there too).

Gram
03-09-2011, 08:31 PM
the joke here is the thought that either team would have accepted a trade involving hickson. He is one of the most overrated players in the nba (varejao is up there too).

this.

Bishnoff
03-09-2011, 08:50 PM
No he wouldn't and neither would Amare or Bosh.

^ This.

netsgiantsyanks
03-09-2011, 08:55 PM
all three would have left and cleveland would be in a even worse situation then they already are in.

sunsfan88
03-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Amare would have stayed even if LeBron left.

All Amare ever wanted was the money. Only one team was desperate enough to give him a max this season so he signed with them. If Cleveland traded for Amare then offered him a max, he'd be a Cavlier right now.

If Amare truly cared about winning a championship he would have taken less money to stay in PHX so that the Suns have the flexibilty to go after some good free agents. I mean afterall, we had just gone to the WCFs.

THE MTL
03-09-2011, 09:05 PM
I dont know the details of the rumor, but it DIDNT get to the point where there was an offer an the table.

azamat
03-09-2011, 09:25 PM
"The team had almost no players under development except for Hickson, who they staunchly had refused to give up in trade talks with the Phoenix Suns that potentially would have landed them Amare Stoudemire last February."

espn

JasonJohnHorn
03-09-2011, 11:03 PM
The Cavs needed a shooting guard. They had a solid front court rotation with Anderson/Hickson/Shaq/Z/Powe. They NEEDED a shooting guards. Amare would have been a better addition than Jamison, but it still wouldnt have been what they needed, and I don't think they would have won it with a bigger up grade a PF. James does enough scoring in the post and they didnt need more of that. They needed a guy that could defend the 6'5-6/7 shooting guards.

And that said, I think anything short of a championship would have sent LBJ packing. Even if he had won it, I think he still would have left. He had a built in excuse either way. If he didnt win: They didnt put enough talent around me. If he did: I did what I came to do and that was win a title in Cleveland.

td0tsfinest
03-09-2011, 11:07 PM
I would be pissed. I know there are some Hickson fans here but I am not one of them.

Arch Stanton
03-09-2011, 11:17 PM
"The team had almost no players under development except for Hickson, who they staunchly had refused to give up in trade talks with the Phoenix Suns that potentially would have landed them Amare Stoudemire last February."

espn

That was one report. The others mentioned how Pheonix waited too long like the previous year with Shaq and didn't want to be left with nothing so they pursued Jamison.

Arch Stanton
03-09-2011, 11:22 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers pursued Stoudemire hard in recent days at the behest of LeBron James, but pulled out of talks with the Suns Wednesday afternoon and swung a three-team deal instead for Washington's Antawn Jamison when Phoenix told the Cavs it wasn't ready to commit to a Stoudemire trade.

The Cleveland Cavaliers pursued Stoudemire hard in recent days at the behest of LeBron James, but pulled out of talks with the Suns Wednesday afternoon and swung a three-team deal instead for Washington's Antawn Jamison when Phoenix told the Cavs it wasn't ready to commit to a Stoudemire trade.

ESPN