PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: and the next Heat head coach could be ...Phil Jackson?

Lakeshow86
03-09-2011, 02:16 PM
http://www.gacksports.com/4817/rumor-central-phil-jackson-to-coach-miami-heat-next-season/

They were talking about it on ESPN as well. Its just pure speculation though. I dont really believe it but Jackson is probably the most unpredictable coach in the league. You never know what hes going to do or say. I would not be surprised at all if he coaches the Heat next season. But I dont know why if he does decide to coach again and not retire he would go to the Heat? His home is in LA. His GF is in LA. He will have the 3 time defending champs(yes i said it) who im sure would love to see their coach continue his legacy in LA.

The-Human-Cigar
03-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I've seen this posted on here recently in another thread... again, not seeing Jackson going to the Heat as coach unless the owner has a much better looking daughter... :)

Ripper Gein
03-09-2011, 02:24 PM
http://www.gacksports.com/4817/rumor-central-phil-jackson-to-coach-miami-heat-next-season/

They were talking about it on ESPN as well. Its just pure speculation though. I dont really believe it but Jackson is probably the most unpredictable coach in the league. You never know what hes going to do or say. I would not be surprised at all if he coaches the Heat next season. But I dont know why if he does decide to coach again and not retire he would go to the Heat? His home is in LA. His GF is in LA. He will have the 3 time defending champs(yes i said it) who im sure would love to see their coach continue his legacy in LA.

Actually his home is in Montana, and Yes I can see him going to the Heat.

king4day
03-09-2011, 02:26 PM
I could see Sloan the most likely big name coach to go there.

ElMarroAfamado
03-09-2011, 02:26 PM
he would never coach Lebrick because he knows he doesnt have what you need to win a championship

ttam68
03-09-2011, 02:27 PM

Sloan would be an awful fit with those egotistic children

DaBUU
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
he would never coach Lebrick because he knows he doesnt have what you need to win a championship

as currently put together, probably not, but having Wade and Lebron is a good starting point going forward. Lets not act like Lebron still isnt the most dominant player in the game. If there is any coach out there that would command the whole teams respect and figure out a way to have them mesh, it would be Phil.

Minimal
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
I doubt Phil will do that, I think he wants to finish his career in LA and rest.

Most likely Larry Brown or Doc Rivers will coach Miami Heat next season.

yanksrule2724
03-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I doubt Phil will do that, I think he wants to finish his career in LA and rest.

Most likely Larry Brown or Doc Rivers will coach Miami Heat next season.

larry brown??? ur kidding right? he would make riley trade lebron! doc rivers is nice but why would he leave boston? pat riley is the only guy they would all listen too. he got them all to go to miami didnt he?

smith&wesson
03-09-2011, 02:37 PM
the heat need the triangle.

lvlheaded
03-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Phil is either stay in LA or riding off into the sunset with his 11, maybe 12 rings. He wont go to Miami

Big Zo
03-09-2011, 02:38 PM
I think Spo stays. It's not his fault guys can't make an open shot to save their life. If anything it would be Riles coming back.

carefree2178
03-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Pat Riley will come out of retirement to coach these losers.

Storch
03-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I think Greg Popovic is the best fit for Miami. He's really talented in utilizing his role players to compliment his star players.

yanksrule2724
03-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I think Spo stays. It's not his fault guys can't make an open shot to save their life. If anything it would be Riles coming back.

true but its his job as a coach to put his players in a position where they can succeed. what hes done to bosh and mike miller is ridiculous. hes relegated them to jump shooters only. bosh was on of the top big men in the league man! put him on the block and let him go to work. spo needs to go

pacofunk64
03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
I thought about this same thing not too long ago. Phil is a great coach...the one thing he does is get good teams over the hump. It's way too early to tell with the Heat yet but within the next few years I could see him coaching. BUT...I would have to think Pat Riley would do it first.

da wood
03-09-2011, 02:52 PM
i dont see phil going to the heat because phil is a triangle guy and miami is not a triangle team i say this because there are many diff versions of the triangle but all of them are built around you having a post player and who would that player be for miami. just my thoughts

knicksfan42
03-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I think Greg Popovic is the best fit for Miami.

Greg Popovich is best the best fit for any team, because he's the best coach in the NBA.

John Walls Era
03-09-2011, 02:58 PM

Agreed. Triangle is so effective... until the 4th when one player decides to go iso the whole time ;)

Storch
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Agreed. Triangle is so effective... until the 4th when one player decides to go iso the whole time ;)

Are you talking about what lebron would do if he was in the triangle? :rolleyes:

Storch
03-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Greg Popovich is best the best fit for any team, because he's the best coach in the NBA.

I don't know about "the best" but he is really effective.

MJ-BULLS
03-09-2011, 03:05 PM
coach phil is not going to the heat nor larry brown. most likely scenario would be Riley coming back to coach the heat.

ne3xchamps
03-09-2011, 03:05 PM
It wouldn't surprise me. that's all he does is go to coach teams that already have a ton of talent. That's the only reason he is good at coaching is dealing with all the big heads and egos. That's how he has so many rings. He didn't build up teams to win championships like the great Red Auerbach.

jiggin
03-09-2011, 03:06 PM
this is BS...its not a rumor, it was a bunch of people on ESPN talking about it and saying their opinions on it.

ITS not a rumor, like the Heat have looked at it or into or anything, CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE....way off base and misleading.

nrwskinny
03-09-2011, 03:18 PM
the Heat have to meet Phil's prerequisites

Have a superstar or two....
Have a shot a winning the title...
Doesn't have to build anything......

Phil ONLY coaches teams already built by the sweat of another.....

ManningToTyree
03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
pat Reilly is the next coach of the Heat

shep33
03-09-2011, 03:24 PM

I disagree, the triangle does not fit the personnel they have at all. I've said it before, Lebron or Wade wouldn't be able to dribble around with the ball and create plays off the dribble... that's not what the triangle is about. Next they have nobody to dump the ball into the post, Wade and Lebron are not great post players, Mike and Kobe as guards make a living off the post.

There is a reason the Triangle has never had a great pg. The pg is the least important role offensively. We've talked about this in the Laker forum for a while now, even if we had a top notch pg, their impact wouldn't be great at all. That's basically what lebron is 75% of the time, a pg who makes plays for others off the dribble. It's also an offense that that has a slower halfcourt pace, I think that's exactly what Miami shouldn't do. They have to play faster, it's far to slow right now, speed the game up cause there is no team more athletic than the Heat right now.

shep33
03-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Also Phil is done coaching IMO... his health is a real concern, he has difficulty moving around and really that was one of the factors of why he almost retired last season. Then to make the trip to Florida and live there, where instead he can retire at his Montana Ranch, or chill in LA with his long time girlfriend Jeanie Buss.

Badluck33
03-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Phil Jackson don't like cry babies.

close thread.

HouRealCoach
03-09-2011, 03:35 PM

The Heat needs a coach that will make LeBron play his position

celtisox41
03-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Wouldn't suprise me, kobe is getting older (probably still has 5 great years left though) and jackson is a frontrunner anyways. Gets to "coach" 3 superstars to win another title (maybe)

magichatnumber9
03-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Agreed. Triangle is so effective... until the 4th when one player decides to go iso the whole time ;)This

210Don
03-09-2011, 03:45 PM
wouldnt surprise me he goes to the teams with good players

enserio
03-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Only logical fit is not from the NBA, Coach K.

He wasn't ready when the Lakers asked him about, what, 4 years back? Maybe he's ready now. He certainly has the experience in coaching Team USA and is a coach that demands buy-in from his players.

b0nk
03-09-2011, 03:58 PM
after calling them crybabies... probably not

but i guess it also depends on how his body feels. doesn't he have some health problems? he's not getting any younger

d00d
03-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Jackson knows there is noone on MJ or Kobe's level in Miami so he wouldn't think of going.

Kevj77
03-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Phil will retire after this season. He will be 66 after this year and he has health problems. If he coaches next year it will only be in LA. This time next year I think he will be fishing in Montana.

76erEaglePhils
03-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Jackson to the heat even that being a rumor which it isn't is ridiculous.

Yanks All Day
03-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Only logical fit is not from the NBA, Coach K.

He wasn't ready when the Lakers asked him about, what, 4 years back? Maybe he's ready now. He certainly has the experience in coaching Team USA and is a coach that demands buy-in from his players.

Highly doubt that Coach K ever leaves Duke for another coaching job. He has the best of both worlds. He can coach a perennial national championship contender for one job and coach the very best players in the world in the Olympics and World Championships. Money certainly wouldn't be an issue in that decision. National Championships and Gold Medals without having to put up with the stress of controlling superstar egos? Doesn't sound too shabby.

If anyone takes over for Spo, its Riley. He put the team together in the first place, so I would assume he would try to fix any problems they have before looking for outside help.

Muttman73
03-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Jerry Sloan coaching those bozos would be hilarious.

abe_froman
03-09-2011, 04:28 PM
i really doubt this...but it is who they need

JRisdabest
03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
he will retire

Missing56&33
03-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Pat Riley is the next head coach of the Heat. If Phil Jackson coach another team after the Lakers it will only be the NY Knicks. They have two all stars and have a legitimate shot at winning a title. Phil Jackson played for the Knicks so there are some ties there.

johnnychan
03-09-2011, 04:37 PM
He will retire or stay in LA. I don't see Phil wanting to take that job.

DarzenPetrovic3
03-09-2011, 04:43 PM
PERSONALLY, Igrew up with 2 sons and 2 daughters and he loves MONTANA where he goes to be ZEN and chill and smoke cigars and chill and fish alot, he will not go coach a bunch of egotisical crybabies, like the Heat.

flclfanman
03-09-2011, 04:46 PM
I doubt it. Phil had a hard enough time dealing with the Circus that was 2005-2008 LA Lakers

If HE goes to South Beach then the scrutiny will be intensified x1,000,000,000 with him trying to tame LBJ and DWade's egos.

Only a masochists would coach the Heat at this moment.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
03-09-2011, 05:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAA sikeSIKE.

mrblisterdundee
03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Did you notice the name of this news outlet (Gack News - Rumor Central)? Did you notice the beginnings of compound verbs (can, could)? This story is pure speculation released by a news outlet desperate for attention.

RaiderLakersA's
03-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Phil is probably watching the Heat and wondering about their fortitude. He won't go coach a team where the lead players lack the right mindset. Not saying that the Heat players lack a strong will, I'm just saying that Phil isn't always drawn to top talent alone.

LAOwnsAll15
03-09-2011, 05:28 PM
I dont think he would give up on his current piece of tail...

unless he teaches lebron how to shoot that big 3 doesnt mesh together.

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Jerry Sloan should go there, the guy deserves a ring.

PLAYERS FAN
03-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Jerry Sloan should go there, the guy deserves a ring.

1x

Ripper Gein
03-09-2011, 06:53 PM
It wouldn't surprise me. that's all he does is go to coach teams that already have a ton of talent. That's the only reason he is good at coaching is dealing with all the big heads and egos. That's how he has so many rings. He didn't build up teams to win championships like the great Red Auerbach.

FAIL red coached in an era where the NBA wasnt fully integrated so his championships need an asterisk next to them.

Da Knicks
03-09-2011, 07:15 PM
i dont see phil going to the heat because phil is a triangle guy and miami is not a triangle team i say this because there are many diff versions of the triangle but all of them are built around you having a post player and who would that player be for miami. just my thoughts

Yeah he would actually fit better with New York letting Melo go to work.:D

DeadlyVeyerus31
03-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Does the Heat owner have a good looking daughter for Phil?

Fool
03-09-2011, 07:43 PM
There is only one thing fitting in this situation. The puke diamond.

:puke:
:puke::puke:
:puke::puke::puke:
:puke::puke:
:puke:

And this doesn't even qualify as a rumor. Just because someone was talking about it doesn't mean it's a rumor, as far as I'm concerned. Did you hear that Wade, LeBron, and Bosh are going to be traded to Boston for Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Jermaine O'Neal? Oh, it's a rumor now.

CountSackula
03-09-2011, 07:51 PM
But...he said he was retiring!

FinsSuperBowl
03-09-2011, 07:52 PM
They need a coach thats more sympathetic and cry with them when they lose games.

Their new name is the Miami Weep

StrandedCub
03-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Sloan would be a horrid fit for Miami IMO.

evadatam5150
03-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Actually his home is in Montana, and Yes I can see him going to the Heat.

Actually he was talking as much Figuratively as he was factually... Jackson's team is in LA, his GF IS in LA and he does own a home in LA.. And I wouldn't put anything past Phillip, dudes craft as a fox so anything is possible.. We also know he doesn't like cry babies so things will have to change a little in South Beach for this to happen... :D

evadatam5150
03-09-2011, 08:10 PM

Emmmm NO... Pop is a fine coach but you can't argue the titles.. I wouldn't mind Pop coaching my team but if my choice is between Phillip and Pop I'm choosing the guy with 11 rings.. Nough said..

dodie53
03-09-2011, 08:28 PM
phil doesn't need to join the heat,
he should stay in L.A. or retire

Bishnoff
03-09-2011, 08:54 PM

If this happens, at least Sloan might finally get the ring he so fittingly deserves.

ajm56
03-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Yes it is jacksons style to go where the best players in the league are jordan/pippen in chi shaq/kobe in la. So i wouldn't but it past him. He will never go to a team rebuilding. He likes w's on his record. Part of the reason why i think he's so overated as a coach. But......he despises:mad: pat riley. And pat riley despises :mad:jackson. This is pure rumor and will never happen:no:

Confusious
03-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Not happening...

CubsFanBudMan#1
03-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Sloan would be an awful fit with those egotistic children

This.
The Utah teams were all built in the mold of what Sloan wants in his players. Nobody on the Heat fits that image.

CubsFanBudMan#1
03-09-2011, 09:17 PM
I could see Doc Rivers as their coach, if he doesn't retire when his Boston contract is up.

knicks4life33
03-09-2011, 09:47 PM
phil would go tpo ny before he ever goes to miami to work with riley

ElMarroAfamado
03-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Jackson knows there is noone on MJ or Kobe's level in Miami so he wouldn't think of going.

:clap: