PDA

View Full Version : U R the owner: what changes would you make to your home team effective immediately?

COOLbeans
03-09-2011, 01:07 PM
If you were the Owner/President of your home team's organization and could do anything, what would you do?

What changes if any would you make? Roster, F.O., Arena etc.

I would fire the coach, Keith Smart. Fire the G.M., Larry Riley. And especially fire the President, Robert Rowell and trade Andris Biedrins for almonds and pistachios. These people must go. And I would make a significant trade in the off season including one or two of the Warrior's best players. For example, Monta Ellis, or David Lee. (I would do this in theory only if the Warrior's were getting a very good package in return) :cool:

What would you do to make your organization better?

Sixerlover
03-09-2011, 01:09 PM
If I was the owner, I'd open my wallet up and promise my GM that we can go over the luxury tax if I'm looking to win.

latinofire21
03-09-2011, 01:28 PM
If I were the Knicks owner I would do the following:

Resign Donnie Walsh as Gm for another 5 years.
Hire Isiah Thomas as a scout

If we make it to the eastern conference finals I would resign Dantoni. If we lost in the first round I would fire Dantoni and look to hire a gritty coach. Names that come to mind would be Mark Jackson, try and steal Phil Jackson, maybe even go for Mike Brown or Patrick Ewing.

If Dantoni stays he needs to fire his brother and the assistant with the slick hair that preaches defense because i think they both suck. I would get Mark Jackson and Patrick Ewing on the coaching staff. I would make Patrick Ewing head assistant.

Roster changes:

I am pretty happy with the roster as is however there would be a couple minor changes.

Rautins traded or released
Roger Mason gone
Renaldo Balkman gone
Anthony Carter gone

Pieces I would try and get would be

Marcus Camby
Samuel Dalembert
Tj Ford
OJ Mayo

I would try and package Turiaf and Shelden Williams for a big name expiring contract. A name that comes to mind for me that could work for the system is Micheal Redd.

Team would look something like this.

Dalembert
Stoudemire
Anthony
Redd
Billups

Reserves
Fields
Camby
Williams
Douglas
Ford
Mayo
Jefferies
Walker
Brown

That last roster spot would go to the more promising rookie in our draft and the other draft selection would go to the D league. I know it will be hard to get both Camby and Dalembert so if we miss out on one of them I would like to bring Jordan over from europe or look into signing Earl Barron.

Lastly I would make sure that Dalembert and Camby are both of short contracts because my focus would be on trying to aqcuire Dwight Howard for our big three and allow Billups to mentor TJ Ford and Toney Douglas as our point gaurds of the future.

Billups may even want to go into coaching when he is done playing and I would love to attain him to tutor the gaurds on this team.

latinofire21
03-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Guess there isnt anyone else who wants to be an owner

hyb152
03-09-2011, 07:06 PM
I would hire a proven brilliant GM like Geoff Petrie or Kevin Pritchard that knows what he's doing and let him spend a few years building a contender.

COOLbeans
03-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Guess there isnt anyone else who wants to be an owner

haha.. i thought people would jump at the chance.

the reason i created this thread was so that some of the things people talk about in their team forums could be brought out into this thread.

Robbw241
03-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I'd get Kevin Durant and Lebron.

GeekInThePink
03-09-2011, 09:53 PM
As the Raptors GM I would,

*Trade Amir Johnson and his big(ish) contract and give Ed Davis his starting job.
* I would try to move Jose Calderon (he's having arguably his best season) for the highest return.
* resign Reggie Evans to be our sixth man, he's a beast.
* Draft a point guard.

Thats all that I can think of right now.

Chi StateOfMind
03-09-2011, 09:53 PM
im the bulls owner i hire a hitman to kill keith blowgans

Wilson
03-09-2011, 10:03 PM
If we had a big game, went on a run, the other team was forced to call a time out and the crowd was exploding, I would NOT drown them out with music. In fact I would make sure that our home games were not just constant noise coming out of the speakers.

COOLbeans
03-09-2011, 10:27 PM
^ good idea.