PDA

View Full Version : If the league...

Hellcrooner
03-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Decided to be like Nfl = 32 teams 8 4 team divisions.
How would you Organise it? Wich two expansions would you have?

Ok for starters i would Move Hornets back to charlotte , send bobcats to Seattle to be the Sonics Add Franchises in Las Vegas and Mexico D.F
Bring back BULLETS name for WAs

So

East

1(North eastern) KNICKS/NETS/CELTICS/76ERS

2(Middle Eastern) BULLETS/CAVS/PACERS/HAWKS

3/South Eastern) HORNETS(cha)/HEAT/MAGIC/GRIZZLIES

4 (Central Eastern)PISTONS/BULLS/BUCKS/RAPTORS

WEST

5 ( MIdwest) SPURS/MAVS/ROCKETS/ D.F AZTECS

6 (NOrth Western) WOLVES/NUGGETS/JAZZ/THUNDER

7 ( Pacific)BLAZERS/SONICS/WARRIORS/KINGS

8 ( SOuth western)LAKERS/CLIPPERS/SUNS/L.V KNIGHTS

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Decided to be like Nfl = 32 teams 8 4 team divisions.
How would you Organise it? Wich two expansions would you have?

Ok for starters i would Move Hornets back to charlotte , send bobcats to Seattle to be the Sonics Add Franchises in Las Vegas and Mexico D.F
Bring back BULLETS name for WAs

So

East

1(North eastern) KNICKS/NETS/CELTICS/76ERS

2(Middle Eastern) BULLETS/CAVS/PACERS/HAWKS

3/South Eastern) HORNETS(cha)/HEAT/MAGIC/GRIZZLIES

4 (Central Eastern)PISTONS/BULLS/BUCKS/RAPTORS

WEST

5 ( MIdwest) SPURS/MAVS/ROCKETS/ D.F AZTECS

6 (NOrth Western) WOLVES/NUGGETS/JAZZ/THUNDER

7 ( Pacific)BLAZERS/SONICS/WARRIORS/KINGS

8 ( SOuth western)LAKERS/CLIPPERS/SUNS/L.V KNIGHTS

I don't like this because it means the 4 division winners are automatically the top 4 seeds.

I say go back to how it was in 2004 when their were only 2 divisions in each conference.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2004.html

Hellcrooner
03-09-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't like this because it means the 4 division winners are automatically the top 4 seeds.

I say go back to how it was in 2004 when their were only 2 divisions in each conference.

you can do that two, you can join the 8 divisions i made in 4 divisions too.

But maybe the thing to do is not GRANT seeding to division winner.

bovice163
03-09-2011, 01:13 PM
With the way the league is nowadays, wouldn't that add more lottery teams and bottom feeders? I am one for a more parity in the league from a talent and competitive stand point, but with the way stars are now, I don't see much benefit for creating teams in the smaller markets where many stars won't want to play.

Hellcrooner
03-09-2011, 01:18 PM
With the way the league is nowadays, wouldn't that add more lottery teams and bottom feeders? I am one for a more parity in the league from a talent and competitive stand point, but with the way stars are now, I don't see much benefit for creating teams in the smaller markets where many stars won't want to play.

well it doesnt seem to trouble the nfl nhl or mlb having so many teams

bovice163
03-09-2011, 01:23 PM

But the fact of the matter is that all of those sports aren't nearly as reliant on stars as the NBA is.

The-Human-Cigar
03-09-2011, 01:24 PM

Yeah, I agree. Do away with this current format and go back to what it was. You can still have the top 8 teams from each conference go into the playoffs and get the hell rid of this seven game first round series. I don't care if it makes it so a lower seed team can knock off a higher seed. Win the damn games and you don't have to worry about it.

Oh.... I would also like a 4 point line at half court now that players are making these on a regular basis... just saying... :eyebrow:

GoatMilk
03-09-2011, 01:26 PM
NBA needs to get rid of teams before adding teams

BRICKCITYPIMP12
03-09-2011, 05:11 PM
hhmm interesting stuff.

Kevj77
03-09-2011, 05:41 PM
NBA needs to get rid of teams before adding teamsThis. The NBA is a star driven league and there already aren't enough stars to go around. Expansion is the last thing that should happen. Also look at what happened in the NFL with a below .500 team getting in the playoffs last year because they were in a terrible division. There were more deserving teams than the Seahawks, but they won a weak division at 7-9. Both the Giants and Bucs were 10-6 the same record as the Super Bowl champs and missed the playoffs. Something like this could happen if there were even more divisions and two new expansion teams.

Hellcrooner
03-09-2011, 07:52 PM
This. The NBA is a star driven league and there already aren't enough stars to go around. Expansion is the last thing that should happen. Also look at what happened in the NFL with a below .500 team getting in the playoffs last year because they were in a terrible division. There were more deserving teams than the Seahawks, but they won a weak division at 7-9. Both the Giants and Bucs were 10-6 the same record as the Super Bowl champs and missed the playoffs. Something like this could happen if there were even more divisions and two new expansion teams.

because under .500 teams never make it to the playoffs in the nba...:rolleyes:

JoeyDubb23
03-09-2011, 08:12 PM
were trying to contract teams in the nba not add more

Kevj77
03-09-2011, 08:28 PM
because under .500 teams never make it to the playoffs in the nba...:rolleyes:In 2006 the Mavs got the 4th seed with the second best record in the West and 3rd best in the NBA because they were in the same division as the Spurs. The Nuggets won their division with 44 wins and got the 3rd seed. Adding another division would make something like that even more common.

bmd1101
03-09-2011, 08:43 PM

Actually it does, look at the Seahawks last year, not even .500 record and home field advantage in the first round against a team with a superior record the saints. Granted the sea chickens beat them, but thats how it goes playoff wise. Besides the playoffs, some NFL teams, MLB teams, and NHL teams are losing money hand over fist for the simple fact that FA's are difficult to come by with so many teams with big money they cant put a good product out. On top of that, you got teams like the Pirates that dont even try. You should pay closer attention to US sports before you jam them all together like that.

GoatMilk
03-09-2011, 08:43 PM
because under .500 teams never make it to the playoffs in the nba...:rolleyes:

under .500 teams shouldn't make the playoffs