PDA

View Full Version : Is Eddy Curry's NBA career over?

nycericanguy
03-09-2011, 12:26 PM
He's only 27, supposedly he's healthy and thought he'd sign in MIA but they never even gave me him a look.

Is his career over? Amazing that a few years ago NY thought he was their franchise player. He was never a great re bounder or defender but I remember him putting up some dominant offensive numbers the year he averaged 19.7ppg.

Looks like he will go bankrupt now though if he can't get another contract.

BigBlueCrew
03-09-2011, 12:39 PM
I never knew it started. What a loser

Hellcrooner
03-09-2011, 12:50 PM
not sure, reputation matters a lot to gms in the nba and he has not played for a long time even if i suspect Dantoni just wanted him out and didnt allow him to play even if he was fit for it.

He should try to get slimer this summer and sign a 1 year deal in europe to regain game and some reputation.

nycericanguy
03-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Curry & Brook Lopez seem to be in a similar boat. Both have great physical talents but really don't seem to want to be great. Seems like they play because they are 7 feet tall, not because they love the game. Rebounding is all about effort, when you see 7 foot big men averaging 6 or 7rpg you have to question their dedication and effort.

Brooklyn Mets
03-09-2011, 12:59 PM
if you are talking about his career as we knew it before he rode the bench for 35 years straight than yes it is over.. if you are talking about him as being a guy who doesnt perform up to expectations and doesnt earn the salary he is being paid than no that career has just started..

The Miami Cheat
03-09-2011, 01:01 PM
if you are talking about his career as we knew it before he rode the bench for 35 years straight than yes it is over.. if you are talking about him as being a guy who doesnt perform up to expectations and doesnt earn the salary he is being paid than no that career has just started..

^^this 100%

cubfan23
03-09-2011, 01:03 PM
he's an idiot who should of went to college to develop his skills more...Instead and I'm not saying this is bad since a lot of people would go for the money but I don't feel sorry one bit for him.

Knickrocketsfan
03-09-2011, 01:17 PM
he's an idiot who should of went to college to develop his skills more...Instead and I'm not saying this is bad since a lot of people would go for the money but I don't feel sorry one bit for him.

it has nothing to do with going to college or not. Curry did not take care of his body. He was a decent bulls player and knicks player, before he just could not get in shape.

allSUAVE
03-09-2011, 01:23 PM
It should of bin over after he finished his 100th cheese burger

GoatMilk
03-09-2011, 01:25 PM
he's only 27?
didnt realize that

Pierzynski4Prez
03-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I think he has about as good of a chance being picked up as Tractor Traylor or Khalid El Amin.

GeekInThePink
03-09-2011, 01:39 PM
I think maybe a team will pick him up next year for a summer league try-out.

danniboi168
03-09-2011, 02:06 PM
he doesnt deserve any more money

VicRoyJr
03-09-2011, 02:09 PM
If he was serious about playing in the NBA, he would have accepted a reserve role and played for a team needing help at center, but something tells me he's too out of shape and doesn't have the heart to at least "try" to get back into shape..the guy has no passion for basketball anymore ...he's through !!!

which is sad because the Knicks BADLY need help at center and Eddie didn't step up and try to help the team, and stop it with all the supposed injuries, he didnt want to play, plain and simple, which means his skills and work ethic didn't interest the coaching staff in addition to being badly out of shape

The-Human-Cigar
03-09-2011, 02:10 PM
He was done when the Bulls were all weird-ed out by the abnormal heart stuff. Then it went downhill when he joined the Knicks team that just imploded. Its too bad really. At least he had a few decent years.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-09-2011, 02:21 PM
It was over 2 years ago, so yes:nod:

Grizzly Adams
03-09-2011, 02:25 PM
It isn't looking very good for Curry. He hasn't take care of his body or his personal life that well. I remembered feeling terrible for him when his daughter got murdered, but other than that you can't really feel sorry for him.

If he gets in a shape other than round and shows he can be a positive contribution to a team, then who knows. I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen though.

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 03:25 PM
He's only 27, supposedly he's healthy and thought he'd sign in MIA but they never even gave me him a look.

Is his career over? Amazing that a few years ago NY thought he was their franchise player. He was never a great re bounder or defender but I remember him putting up some dominant offensive numbers the year he averaged 19.7ppg.

Looks like he will go bankrupt now though if he can't get another contract.

Well why hasn't he played with the Knicks?

nycericanguy
03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Well why hasn't he played with the Knicks?

well he's not in NY anymore...lol

But it was an assortment of reasons, first out of shape, then a hamstring, then another hamstring... and after that D'antoni said he was too slow to keep up and he went into the doghouse.

I thought a half court team might take a shot at him and apparently Curry was telling friends he was going to MIA but I guess that interest was only one-sided.

Sad...looks like it could be over for him and he is in a mess financially.

Remember a couple of years ago he dropped all that weight and came back like a different person?...lol.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2ni60ax.jpg

Mile High Champ
03-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Did it ever really begin? He is one of the worst defensive centers to have ever played the game, the guy was clueless on defense.

AntiG
03-09-2011, 04:45 PM
No. He's got great size. Someone will pick him up for their bench, thus his career would not be over.

magichatnumber9
03-09-2011, 04:51 PM
We haven't seen him in forever. What does he look like, and has he gotten into shape?

Double_R
03-09-2011, 04:52 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that he isn't allowed to sign with a team until the regular season is over.

abe_froman
03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
it was over years ago

obcha22
03-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Nope. He will play somewhere else. At some point he will need the cash and will realize he needs to work to get it. Someone will sign him to an incentive laden deal and he will do great. Then they will have to sign him to similar short term deals or he will fall back into his fatness and laziness

When I say great, I mean he will be a contributing factor on a team. (which after suffering through three plus years of nothing can be considered great) He has the potential to be an all star but who knows if he'll ever want it enough.

AddiX
03-09-2011, 04:57 PM
It's only a matter of time before Curry's sad story ends up on HBO Real Sports.

I can't even pretend to care either, the guy was given everything in NY and acted like it didn't mean a thing.

Missing56&33
03-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm enjoying this thread because Eddy Curry is no longer a member of the NY Knicks. I think Eddy Curry has seen his last NBA season. Does he care? No! But he will need more money for food and snacks so I see him going oversees and getting a decent contract and possibly putting up 20pts per night. Maybe he can join Marbury?