PDA

View Full Version : C-webb on the heat

BallinGid3
03-09-2011, 10:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyGThacEx_E&feature=watch_response

Thoughts?

omdigga
03-09-2011, 11:03 AM
nice.. i think he's 100% right.. the media is gonna hyper scrutinize everything the team and coach say and do... they should stop feeding it and just start playing..

thats the first time i saw CWebb give some good analysis.. props on the rant.. and thats what really grinds my gears..

JasonJohnHorn
03-09-2011, 11:14 AM
I miss C-Webb. I wish his knees were better :(

FachoinaNYY
03-09-2011, 11:25 AM
lol thought this was saying cwebb was joining the heat.... hahah

bulldog312
03-09-2011, 11:32 AM
I think he is pretty much right. The Heat just need to shut up and play. They are clearly a flawed team, but they are still a contending team.

Double_R
03-09-2011, 11:36 AM
lol thought this was saying cwebb was joining the heat.... hahah

I thought the same thing and then I was like wait "time out", then I realized I didn't have one.

nstojic
03-09-2011, 11:40 AM
i ain't even religious but 'amen, c-webb'.. get the choir out.. get blake griffin out.. get the kia back out!

Woodrow
03-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Barkley has been my favorite analyst for a long time, CWebb is rising on the list.

All I can say about the Heat is you can't have it both ways. They were all about media attention when they joined up together, what now? I'd like to tell them the same thing I tell my kids...."suck it up".

clutchski
03-09-2011, 11:48 AM
That was great

jiggin
03-09-2011, 11:51 AM
this was said a long time ago.

shut up and play.

DenButsu
03-09-2011, 12:22 PM

Thoughts?

I think he hit just the right beats. He was critical only to an appropriate extent, but also praiseworthy where praise was due. He wasn't making fun of them by any means, just calling on them to demand more of themselves. I thought it was tasteful, heartfelt and, most importantly, pretty much just plain true.

magichatnumber9
03-09-2011, 12:29 PM
I've **** on C-Webb in the past.. That was some of the realist **** I have ever heard. I'll never view him the same after today

Sixerlover
03-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Chris Webber is slowly rising up the commentating ranks in the NBA. Didn't he go from spot guy on TNT, to full time on NBAtv to actually working a Thursday Night TNT game?

Anyway this was wonderful, I agree 100%. It's obvious that Miami has the tools to be champions 3x straight when you have Wade, LeBron and a post scorer. BUT I feel, like Webber, that they care too much about their image in the media. Stop worrying about what people think or say and play

:clap: to Chris Webber.

DenButsu
03-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Are there any mods who aren't retired? JB, Wilson, Sixer, DS, ... list goes on...

bovice163
03-09-2011, 12:38 PM
CWebb was right on the ****ing money. I don't like the Heat, I'll flat out say it. In fact, I hate the Heat. But that doesn't mean that they can't be an extremely dangerous team. Look at what LA went through just this season. They went on a bad losing streak as well, and people went as far as to question whether or not they can still compete. Hell, even Jerry ****ing West was questioning them. But they stayed quiet, they weren't rattled, they didn't cry. Kobe even came out and said they don't give a **** what people think, when time calls for it, they will elevate their play as they have in the past and prove the doubters wrong. Maybe that's what the Heat need; a bonafide LEADER to keep them steady when going through those ups and downs, because frankly I haven't seen that quality from LeBron so far.

Sixerlover
03-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Are there any mods who aren't retired? JB, Wilson, Sixer, DS, ... list goes on...

The retirement benefits and PSD social security is worth it :D

LayZbone
03-09-2011, 12:45 PM
That was awesome. I hope the players watched that.

Steelers23_06
03-09-2011, 12:47 PM
CWebb was right on the ****ing money. I don't like the Heat, I'll flat out say it. In fact, I hate the Heat. But that doesn't mean that they can't be an extremely dangerous team. Look at what LA went through just this season. They went on a bad losing streak as well, and people went as far as to question whether or not they can still compete. Hell, even Jerry ****ing West was questioning them. But they stayed quiet, they weren't rattled, they didn't cry. Kobe even came out and said they don't give a **** what people think, when time calls for it, they will elevate their play as they have in the past and prove the doubters wrong. Maybe that's what the Heat need; a bonafide LEADER to keep them steady when going through those ups and downs, because frankly I haven't seen that quality from LeBron so far.

i agree with cwebb but disagree with you. the lakers are a proven team miami is in panic mode bc they dont know if its just a reg. season scare or wats in store for the future. thats why the panic is different.

bovice163
03-09-2011, 12:54 PM
i agree with cwebb but disagree with you. the lakers are a proven team miami is in panic mode bc they dont know if its just a reg. season scare or wats in store for the future. thats why the panic is different.

Is that no difference than what LA was going through though? Sure the Lakers are proven, but on that same token, they are an aging team. When they were going through that bad stretch earlier through the season, everyone including West was questioning their ability to compete with the big dogs as well as questioning what the future holds for that franchise. Miami is going through that same scrutiny, their problems may be different sure, but the end result is really the same. People are questioning their ability to compete, yet they don't know how to handle it like the Lakers did.

Lakerhead4ever
03-09-2011, 01:00 PM
he just said what analyst arent suppose to do. igained respect from him bcuz hes being honest, at the same time trying to help young players, bcuz hes been there before

good job c webb

Lloyd Christmas
03-09-2011, 01:04 PM
I thought the same thing and then I was like wait "time out", then I realized I didn't have one.

Haha. Nicely done.

smith&wesson
03-09-2011, 01:15 PM
i think wade cried again last night. when the other heat players were shaking hands with the blazers last night, wade ran to the back real fast and looked like he was really sad.
maybe these guys are taking some kind of inhancer or stearoid. i dont understand how they have become soo emotional out of no where. you would think they are dead last in the conference or somthing.

RaiderLakersA's
03-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Thoughts?

I was watching NBA TV last night when he said it, and it made me sit up and applaud C-Webb. It had to be said!

I know this is the first real adversity that Coach Spo and this Heat team has experienced, but at some point, someone has to articulate that very message: "We're going to shut up and just play."

The Heat will figure it out. They may have to fire their head coach to do it. They may have to trade Bosh for a true 5 to do it. They may even have to bring in a basketballologist (yeah, that's a word) who can teach them how to use Wade and James' talents at the same time while keeping the other players on the team actively engaged and productive. Whatever it takes, I'm sure they'll figure it out. But in the meantime, shut up and play.

Starting Thursday night. Win or lose against the Lakers, I want to see effort across the board. No crying, no getting defensive in interviews, no scapegoating, none of that b/s. Play your game and the rest will take care of itself.

kntresistheheat
03-09-2011, 01:21 PM
WOW! I couldn't agree more with C-webb!! I applaud him

bbcmillionaire
03-09-2011, 01:33 PM

Lol yeah the inmates are running the asylum, now I need a partner in crime to depend on so we can take psd over(preferably a bulls fan) muhahaha

J$mo0th_3o5
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
I really hope the players watched this

Storch
03-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Cweb said it amazingly. It was absolutely perfect. Hopefully Miami listens to that.

Storch
03-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Is that no difference than what LA was going through though? Sure the Lakers are proven, but on that same token, they are an aging team. When they were going through that bad stretch earlier through the season, everyone including West was questioning their ability to compete with the big dogs as well as questioning what the future holds for that franchise. Miami is going through that same scrutiny, their problems may be different sure, but the end result is really the same. People are questioning their ability to compete, yet they don't know how to handle it like the Lakers did.

True but the point made here is that LA just accepted the criticism and played ball. They did have the losing stretch that they experienced but they never faltered from whining in the media. That's all cweb was saying, just go out there and do it and don't talk about it pointing fingers.

Young and Stupid
03-09-2011, 02:44 PM

:laugh2:

No one's gonna give RR credit for this? Really? Good **** R, I see you.

BkOriginalOne
03-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Truth.

danniboi168
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
awesome cwebb.

allSUAVE
03-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Ima Enjoy lakers spanking them tomorrow tho lml

D1JM
03-09-2011, 03:10 PM
C Webb deserves an Oscar for best speech

Double_R
03-09-2011, 03:11 PM

No one's gonna give RR credit for this? Really? Good **** R, I see you.

haha, At least you & Lloyd got it.

J4KOP99
03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm surprised the Mods on this website aren't flooding NBATV with calls to get C-Webb banned for baiting...

CPJ08
03-09-2011, 03:21 PM
very well put cwebb

Shmontaine
03-09-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm surprised the Mods on this website aren't flooding NBATV with calls to get C-Webb banned for baiting...

Cromedome
03-09-2011, 03:48 PM
The NBA tv mock cry thing made me chuckle.

papipapsmanny
03-09-2011, 04:03 PM
I miss C-Webb

ThunderZubb
03-10-2011, 12:04 AM

Classic lol man that's so True about your statement. Ban C-Webb

BoSelecta!!!
03-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Wade said the world was happy cuz the heats kept losing them games.....

Why the **** would you care about what the world gotta say??? tough it up and shut the world up! while at the same time keep your mouth shut!! Same goes for LBJ as well, he said he was sorry WTF are you sorry for??? Bunch of *****es!!!

Chacarron
03-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Cool beans C-Webb.

baghdadbob
03-10-2011, 12:58 AM
i'm surprised the mods on this website aren't flooding nbatv with calls to get c-webb banned for baiting...

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hyb152
03-10-2011, 01:59 AM
Keep Spoelstra.

hyb152
03-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Ima Enjoy lakers spanking them tomorrow tho lml

Lebron's not going to the knicks. Get over it.

hyb152
03-10-2011, 02:02 AM
There's a reason why Chris Webber was one of the top 5 players in the league. He's such a great leader on top of being such a skilled player. His passion and electrifying style of play sparked the entire city of Sacramento during their great years. Some say Webber shouldn't be in the hall of fame because he didn't win a ring. In my book, he won a ring in 2002. He'd get my vote for the HOF.

"I don't care how much you talk bad about Lebron, there's no one better than him." - Chris Webber. Word of wisdom preached by C-Webb.

tredigs
03-10-2011, 02:11 AM
I heard people talking about these comments the night of that game, but didn't hear them until just now. Didn't realize how truly wise/spot on they were.

Perfectly said. That team is digging themselves into the trenches with how much talking/explaining they (well, mostly Spo) are doing (WHICH, to be fair to them - I can understand them buying into the media circus at first. You don't create a team like that and act like it's no big deal and just hide from the media. In fact, if they went about it this way I bet the negative reaction they'd get from the rest of the leagues fans/media would be strikingly similar in its negativity). That said, there's a balance to be met - and while they went too far to begin with, now is definitely the time to shut their mouths and put their nose to the grindstone if they want to (once again, for some) earn the respect of the league and its fans.

They're a team built from scratch with a new coach and teammates from all around the league who have rarely if ever played together; growing pains SHOULD be expected - they just have to fight through it as best they can and keep their focus on the prize.

Or, fail miserably/make excuses and create a media firestorm.

CityofTreez
03-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Chris Webber is right.
This spo guy is a buffoon after games! He's never prepared for anything. Players need to just get their heads out of their ***** and play basketball.

Chi StateOfMind
03-10-2011, 02:31 AM
some of the most realest sh-t ive heard in a while