PDA

View Full Version : Props for JB

DenButsu
03-09-2011, 10:23 AM
I just found out that JordansBulls retired.

I'm not sure if he'd approve of me doing this, but I'm going to anyhow.

It's not secret that a lot of PSD posters gave a lot of crap to JB for posting what they thought were bad threads. And truth be told, they were probably right a small percentage of the time.

But if he posted some flops, it was only because he made a daily effort, years on end, to prop up, keep afloat, push forward, boost (and now I'm running out of verbs, but you get the point) the PSD NBA Forum by constantly keeping it stimulated with new ideas, fresh topics, and controversial opinions.

Here is the truth of the NBA Forum at PSD of the last several years: JB was the engine that kept it running.

I was often more vocal about rules and crap, but it's a loot easier to maintain something than to build it, and the truth is that he was the driver of this train for a very long time.

So, now is the time for those of you (those of us), whether you (/we) agreed with his choices of thread topics or not, to take up the mantle and uphold the forum by keeping fresh threads and interesting topics going on.

I won't be the best example of that, because I'm not as involved at PSD as I used to be, but that's the whole point. If it's only a little, or if it's a lot, we all gotta do a bit to keep this place awesome.

Thanks for doing it better than most of us, JB. :clap: :cheers:

AsiandudePH
03-09-2011, 10:32 AM
I always enjoyed his threads.

Kudos and drop by from time to time, JB!:clap:

Hellcrooner
03-09-2011, 10:39 AM
I never understood why people complained so much.

I mean, forums are supposed to discuss things.

NYKnickFanatic
03-09-2011, 10:43 AM
I never had a problem with his threads, always liked them!

Double_R
03-09-2011, 10:44 AM
I never understood why people complained so much.

I mean, forums are supposed to discuss things.

Word. I liked em.

pentel1980
03-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Retired, as in he was previously paid for this? Or he simply just quit volunteering his time and efforts here?

jiggin
03-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Retired? As a mod? How do you "retire" from that? Is he moving some place where there is no internet access? Is he completely unplugging from the tech world as we know it?

No way someone that involved could just walk away from a site without still being around.

Is this just an attention getter?

levignjw
03-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Aww that was cute :love:

Mochalman
03-09-2011, 10:56 AM
JB will be the Brett Favre of PSD.

TheDiggler
03-09-2011, 10:57 AM
I always thought he posted up some good topics. Most threads got multiple sites. So, sad he's gone.

Props, thanks and all the best to JordansBulls !

Chronz
03-09-2011, 11:52 AM
I hope this doesnt mean he posts less frequently

Cubs Win
03-09-2011, 11:54 AM

We had an appreciation thread for him in the Bulls forum. I believe he said he would still be posting, but not as frequently as in the past.

HOZ THE KNICK
03-09-2011, 11:59 AM
respect to JB

Wilson
03-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Really well put Den. I never really had an issue with his threads either (apart from one or two), it's a shame they'll become less frequent. Good luck with whatever else you're doing JB, the NBA forum will miss you :cheers:

CowboysKB24
03-09-2011, 12:06 PM
I always enjoyed debating with him. Thanks for great years. Everyone has lousy posts and threads at times. He had so many of them very few, if any, even compare. Respect.

DenButsu
03-09-2011, 12:07 PM
No way someone that involved could just walk away from a site without still being around.

Well, in your case, one can only hope...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah I never understood why people complained when he created a thread... I didn't mind.

Thx JB!

haggis
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
He'll be back. I know it.

Teeboy1487
03-09-2011, 12:13 PM
I never mind his threads. The fuss was ridiculous to me. That's why I mostly just post in the lakers forum. The nba forum is too annoying.

sep11ie
03-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Who's gonna be Rockets mod?

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 12:39 PM

It's not secret that a lot of PSD posters gave a lot of crap to JB for posting what they thought were bad threads. And truth be told, they were probably right a small percentage of the time.

But if he posted some flops, it was only because he made a daily effort, years on end, to prop up, keep afloat, push forward, boost (and now I'm running out of verbs, but you get the point) the PSD NBA Forum by constantly keeping it stimulated with new ideas, fresh topics, and controversial opinions.

Here is the truth of the NBA Forum at PSD of the last several years: JB was the engine that kept it running.

I was often more vocal about rules and crap, but it's a loot easier to maintain something than to build it, and the truth is that he was the driver of this train for a very long time.

So, now is the time for those of you (those of us), whether you (/we) agreed with his choices of thread topics or not, to take up the mantle and uphold the forum by keeping fresh threads and interesting topics going on.

I won't be the best example of that, because I'm not as involved at PSD as I used to be, but that's the whole point. If it's only a little, or if it's a lot, we all gotta do a bit to keep this place awesome.

:cheers:

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 12:40 PM

During the day I will post, but in the evenings and weekends not so much so.

kylem4711
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
retired? i didn't know this place was so serious..

D1JM
03-09-2011, 02:41 PM
My "sources" tell me JB will bust a Jordan and unretire.

Storch
03-09-2011, 02:45 PM
:cry: He was one of my favorite mods

Geargo Wallace
03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
so JB finally got a girlfriend?

king4day
03-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Before and after I became a mod I always thought he was a great part of the site.
There was a thread a while ago about the most valuable Mod and I put him for the reason the OP mentioned. He always created threads when things were slow even if they weren't the best.

sf-fanatic
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Never had a problem with his threads. I usually read the controversial threads first because they are more interesting imo.

Good luck :clap:

jiggin
03-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Well, in your case, one can only hope...

touche!

:D

fresh prince
03-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Congrats JB its been real!

Does he at least get a watch or something?

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
so JB finally got a girlfriend?

I'm married bro.

magichatnumber9
03-09-2011, 03:25 PM
I sense that JB will be back. Just needs a break from PSD. If there offering any MOD spots hit me up

smith&wesson
03-09-2011, 03:25 PM
props to jb. hope he still around to post.

Hawkeye15
03-09-2011, 03:27 PM
I absolutely never had any issues with the threads he made. Its not easy to continuously come up with topics that will breed a good amount of discussion, and JB was very important in keeping the forums running. When I joined a few years ago, I liked a lot of the threads he created, and it got me more interested in posting here.

But, I have already seen him posting since retiring, so at least we know we will continue to see him here, which is a good thing

Mile High Champ
03-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Good job JB, I tip my hate to you.

Cheers

Ebbs
03-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Good job JB, I tip my hate to you.

Cheers

lmao :laugh:

Geargo Wallace
03-09-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm married bro.

I know. I joke. <3

Cromedome
03-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Goodnight my sweet prince. Seriously? No.

Gators123
03-09-2011, 03:48 PM
JB popped my infraction cherry ;)

Wilson
03-09-2011, 03:51 PM
My "sources" tell me JB will bust a Jordan and unretire.

And he would probably do much more for the Wizards/Bobcats forums than MJ did/is doing for those two franchises...

Geargo Wallace
03-09-2011, 03:56 PM

I've been with so many mods through my time on PSD. I'm such a whooooer.

Geargo Wallace
03-09-2011, 03:56 PM
this thread > any of JB's threads

Sadds The Gr8
03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
i did think he made some pointless threads sometimes but i realize he was just trying to keep the nba forum running. too bad he's retiring because he was like the leader of the NBA forum (i wonder who the new leader is gonna be?). it's gonna be weird without him making all his threads. respect JordansBulls.

sep11ie
03-09-2011, 04:38 PM

Me tooo.

lakers4sho
03-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Well, as long as he continues posting.

Never had an issue with his threads nor his modding.

ManRam
03-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Me and JB are definitely not a lot a like, and often go about things a lot differently, but he is definitely one of the greatest posters this forum has ever seen, and as Den said, was the engine that kept this thing going. He's the first mod I remember encountering here, and I think there's a good reason why.

Much respect, and I think you made the right decision. This forum should never chip into personal life. If it's ever a question...it shouldn't be a question.

Glad you'll still be around to smack the Jordan haters ;) and impart some knowledge. Glad you're prioritizing where it matters more importantly.

JJ_JKidd
03-09-2011, 09:13 PM

No wonder the main forum's kinda filled with ***** threads LOL. Seriously, gotta give props to the man.

Whatever it is that u gonna do next man GOOD LUCK! :clap:

$KnicksAndKobe$
03-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by $KnicksAndKobe$
Some idiots like to disrespect you because you make a lot of threads but I just what say thanks, because of you the forum is more active. :clap:

Originally Posted by JordansBulls
Thanks man. Appreciate it!!! :)

That was back then when I messaged him 12/09
Hopefully he still remembers my gratitude :clap:

He was a great mod. Appreciate all the work he did :clap:

championships
03-09-2011, 10:03 PM
It's a new era for Mods... Great :eyebrow: Just when I started getting used to the old ones. For real though the only one who gave me crap was Ink. everyone else was alright. :up:

td0tsfinest
03-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I just noticed the other day JB was in grey and was completely surprised. I have nothing against JB, he's always done a great job to keep this place active. I wish him the best of luck to all his future endeavors.

heatking
03-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Retiring from an internet forum? really???

LA_Raiders
03-09-2011, 11:52 PM
JB will be the Brett Favre of PSD.

lol, That would be cool...

ClayMatthews
03-10-2011, 12:30 AM
:( Tear..

acehole
03-10-2011, 12:48 AM
how the hell do you "retire" from a website??

is he going to give up the internet all together?

dhopisthename
03-10-2011, 02:00 AM
you retire because to be a mod you need to be really active and he probably doesn't want to do it anymore, anyways in the time I have been here I have always enjoyed jb's threads and his posts