PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Dollar now 1.03 compared to US

BuddhaMONK
03-09-2011, 04:41 AM
How much longer until we start seeing some of these struggling franchises in the US moving to Canada (doesn't just apply to basketball, but i put it here since hornets to vancouver was mentioned recently). Right now Vancouver and Montreal only have nhl teams, and both these cities have populations of 2.1 million +. So how long before ****** franchises like the kings, grizzles, hornets or cavs get moved (most of these team are already losing money wouldn't it make sense to locate them to a place where everything would be cheaper).

Lake_Show2416
03-09-2011, 04:43 AM
No NBA player wants to play in Canada unless they are overpaid

Confusious
03-09-2011, 04:44 AM
I'm happy about the Canadian dollar trumping the American dollar (again), but... uhh, the Toronto Raptors? Come on. Nobody wants to play there. :laugh2:

And I doubt anybody would wanna play in French land, or Vancouver (which has already failed)!

towlsmoke420
03-09-2011, 04:56 AM
is there weed cheaper?

Trace
03-09-2011, 04:58 AM
I'm happy about the Canadian dollar trumping the American dollar (again), but... uhh, the Toronto Raptors? Come on. Nobody wants to play there. :laugh2:

And I doubt anybody would wanna play in French land, or Vancouver (which has already failed)!

French land?

You do know that Montreal trumps Toronto in almost every aspect.

It doesn't matter about the city. If you win games, players will want to go there (i.e OKC).

John Walls Era
03-09-2011, 05:00 AM
French land?

You do know that Montreal trumps Toronto in almost every aspect.

It doesn't matter about the city. If you win games, players will want to go there (i.e OKC).

No way. Montreal is way dirtier. Also the St. Lawrence river makes part of the city smelly.

towlsmoke420
03-09-2011, 05:01 AM
is there bud cheaper?

SEATTLEredsox
03-09-2011, 05:24 AM
is there bud cheaper?

is there weed cheaper?

Yes. and :laugh:

akesh99
03-09-2011, 06:02 AM
Just a comment for everyone who thinks living in Canada is a step down from the U.S- For the 5th straight year, Vancouver was listed as the worlds most liveable city. Toronto placed at number 4. These are two great Canadian cities which in my opinion deserve NBA franchises. Montreal may be a stretch at this point but I definitely think Vancouver deserves a second shot. FYI, no U.S city made the top 10 list.

BuddhaMONK
03-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Americans (not all but most) are just ignorant about canada. Vancouver is rated as one of nicest cities in the world (the nicest by some), and montreal is like no other city in north america, everytime I go there i forget i'm in canada(it feels your in a different continent, which can be a good thing or a bad thing). I've lived in toronto my whole life and it's a piece **** compared to either of these cities. Also, carter and bosh both resigned in toronto which makes me think that it's something to do with how the franchise is run not the city itself(they wouldn't have resigned if they hated the city). So if people can stand toronto montreal or vancouver is a huge step up. BTW, yes our weed is cheaper because there aren't as many people so it's easier to grow (less people to catch you, more room to grow).

Nirvanaskurdt
03-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Australia FTW mates! ;) :D

aussie
03-09-2011, 07:36 AM
how aboot the Hornets stay in NOLA

BuddhaMONK
03-09-2011, 07:43 AM

I've honestly never heard a canadian say aboot (least not that i can remember), i'm pretty sure most pronounce the "u". However, i have heard many Americans call a roof a ruf which sounds pretty ****ed up if you ask me. How do you get "u" sound out of two o's. Also, the hornets are done ,let's be honest, after chris paul leaves you guys will be lucky to average 8,000 fans a game.

unleashthebeast
03-09-2011, 07:48 AM
:shrug: in b4 lock

magichatnumber9
03-09-2011, 07:58 AM
I've been to Halifax, I loved it.

Evolution23
03-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Can we talk about how great NYC is now ?

Supa
03-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Canada might be a nice place, the question is, will multi-millionaires in their 20s and early 30s want to live there?

---

aussie
03-09-2011, 08:28 AM
I've honestly never heard a canadian say aboot (least not that i can remember), i'm pretty sure most pronounce the "u". However, i have heard many Americans call a roof a ruf which sounds pretty ****ed up if you ask me. How do you get "u" sound out of two o's. Also, the hornets are done ,let's be honest, after chris paul leaves you guys will be lucky to average 8,000 fans a game.

*cough* cavs *cough*

BuddhaMONK
03-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Canada might be a nice place, the question is, will multi-millionaires in their 20s and early 30s want to live there?

---

maybe not, but why would they want to spend it in cleveland, indiana, new jersey,minnisota, utah, milwaukee, etc? Vancouver is my favorite place in north america (i've been to 28 states, 8 provinces, and mexico).

aussie
03-09-2011, 10:06 AM
because cleveland has the 3rd most crowd avg in the nba

koreancabbage
03-09-2011, 10:14 AM
because cleveland has the 3rd most crowd avg in the nba

that's because of the season ticket holders Lebron attracted to the stadium, which created buzz and interest in the game. But of course, is it ACTUAL attendance or just seats sold but no one showed up for the games cuz of the abundance of season ticket holders like the post-Jordan era when they sucked but season ticket holders held on to their tickets year after year but the stadium was like 3/4 full or sometimes even 1/2 full?

Flash3
03-09-2011, 10:31 AM

On-ya mate hornets are going down unda the bloody mongrels are gonna make it so .. :D

Hellcrooner
03-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Americans (not all but most) are just ignorant about canada. Vancouver is rated as one of nicest cities in the world (the nicest by some), and montreal is like no other city in north america, everytime I go there i forget i'm in canada(it feels your in a different continent, which can be a good thing or a bad thing). I've lived in toronto my whole life and it's a piece **** compared to either of these cities. Also, carter and bosh both resigned in toronto which makes me think that it's something to do with how the franchise is run not the city itself(they wouldn't have resigned if they hated the city). So if people can stand toronto montreal or vancouver is a huge step up. BTW, yes our weed is cheaper because there aren't as many people so it's easier to grow (less people to catch you, more room to grow).

pity is that most nba players are americans ( not all but most) ignorant bout canada.

Double_R
03-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Canada sucks for an American born NBA superstar.

Tmath
03-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Australia FTW mates! ;) :D

Australia = Canada

Born in Toronto raised on the Gold Coast and now back in Toronto.

Both great places to live.

Back on topic

It won't change anything, Seppos will still prefer to play in the states.

Flash3
03-09-2011, 10:49 AM
they can still attract euro players.... superstars only want to plat for 3-4 teams anyways so its not that bad...

chickendinner11
03-09-2011, 10:56 AM
ummm, i've been to 6 cities in canada and the thing is even if the currency is equal, you take it in the bunghole in taxes. why would anyone want to go to canada and get taxed like crazy when you can live in fla or tex and have the taxes cut a ton?

Tmath
03-09-2011, 11:00 AM
ummm, i've been to 6 cities in canada and the thing is even if the currency is equal, you take it in the bunghole in taxes. why would anyone want to go to canada and get taxed like crazy when you can live in fla or tex and have the taxes cut a ton?

Because most of them make more money then they need and yet still complain about being taxed. A lot of these athletes need a wake up call and realize how good they have it.

mlisica19
03-09-2011, 11:18 AM
How much longer until we start seeing some of these struggling franchises in the US moving to Canada (doesn't just apply to basketball, but i put it here since hornets to vancouver was mentioned recently). Right now Vancouver and Montreal only have nhl teams, and both these cities have populations of 2.1 million +. So how long before ****** franchises like the kings, grizzles, hornets or cavs get moved (most of these team are already losing money wouldn't it make sense to locate them to a place where everything would be cheaper).

Just because the Canadian dollar is more powerful than the US dollar means nothing when it comes to basketball revenue. The Candian dollar has been more powerful than the US dollar for 2 years at least now.

This wont change the perception of Canadiens to basketball. Toronto with Chris Bosh was somewhat struggling franchise, since hockey is #1 in Canada and its the same season as NBA. I am sure their is bound to have another basketball team in Canada sooner or later but to start moving or building more than one team in Canada wont be good.

Draco
03-09-2011, 11:31 AM
pity is that most nba players are americans ( not all but most) ignorant bout canada.

It could just as easily be said that most canadians are ignorant about america and get most of their information from pop culture and various propaganda sources.. thanks canadian heritage commercials for pointing out that superman was created by a canadian. thanks conservative-politician-whose-name-i-forgot for campaigning on the message that the 'canadian economy is stronger than ever in comparison to the u.s.' (is that really a political issue in canada?), thanks canadian tire for selling a joke books about 100 ways in which canada is better than the u.s. It's kind of funny because americans really don't care about canada in the same way that canadians care about the americans and that's a good thing.

Draco
03-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Just because the Canadian dollar is more powerful than the US dollar means nothing when it comes to basketball revenue. The Candian dollar has been more powerful than the US dollar for 2 years at least now.

This wont change the perception of Canadiens to basketball. Toronto with Chris Bosh was somewhat struggling franchise, since hockey is #1 in Canada and its the same season as NBA. I am sure their is bound to have another basketball team in Canada sooner or later but to start moving or building more than one team in Canada wont be good.

It doesn't mean anything in a larger sense either.

NYYCowboys
03-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Can we talk about how great NYC is now ?

Lol. The best place to live in the world is Long Island. You have all the advantages of living in an upper-middle class suburban area, then whenever you want you can take a 30 min train ride into Manhattan, and you're in the best city in the world. That's just my opinion, but I'm pretty biased.

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 12:37 PM
No NBA player wants to play in Canada unless they are overpaid

I'd like to live in Toronto personally.

The-Human-Cigar
03-09-2011, 12:40 PM

Yeah... we can't get baseball to work up there or basketball.... those Canadians are most interested in hockey. How can we combine hockey with basketball? That might get people to the games... :D

bulldog312
03-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah... we can't get baseball to work up there or basketball.... those Canadians are most interested in hockey. How can we combine hockey with basketball? That might get people to the games... :D

Allow fights? That could get interesting...