PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant, LeBron James

YourTeamSucks
03-09-2011, 04:10 AM
If they made a straight up trade to swap players who do you think would have a better team.

Lake_Show2416
03-09-2011, 04:19 AM
the Heat by a mile. it would give then a player that actually compliments Wade, a shooter who does need the ball in his hands to be effective like both Lebron n Wade.

I dont think Lebron n Westbrook would play off each other very well

danniboi168
03-09-2011, 04:20 AM
OKC i would think would have the better team..

LAOwnsAll15
03-09-2011, 04:33 AM
depends on coach and overall quality of the team. Right now Durant is on a team that lets him do what he wants, sometimes its like he lets other teammates take over the game and he just stays back, somedays we will light up the scoreboard and look like the best scorer in the league.

Lebron on the other hand, is totally dependent on a running team that had lots of fast breaks, because no one wants to get infront of a 250 pound beast running as fast as he does.

Durant is the type of player you need to develop his unique potential into a deadly weapon. He has all the skills it takes to be elite.

Lebron has no polish to his game, his game one dimensional, but that one skill he posses is so much greater than any one else its allows him to be good while he clearly lacks plenty of other skills.

Now to answer your question, I would rather have Durant, Why?
Because Lebron has already been in the league long enough to where he should be showing evident strides forward on his game, but he seems contempt to rely on his physical size. Durant still has time to develop his much superior array of skills, if he does, he will be a special player.

Lebron is on a timetable.. either his physical status is either worn down or he gets injured.

Durant is arguably going to keep improving and hopefully develop into a player you can surround with talent in a few years and win. This seems not only seems like a much better and flexible option, but should also give you time to position yourself for a run.

SEATTLEredsox
03-09-2011, 04:34 AM
I think the Heat might improve a little bit, while OKC remains about the same. LBJ is no doubt the better player, but I just think KD is a better fit on the Heat with Wade. As for the thunder, i really don't think Russy and Lebron would work very well together offensively like someone said, but Lebron would definitely bring better defense to the table than KD. So I guess the Heat would be the better team.

LAOwnsAll15
03-09-2011, 04:40 AM
double post.. sorry

Two-3
03-09-2011, 04:47 AM
OKC just because of them now having Perkins, to me Lebron always needed a good center and a good PG and OKC has both. Bosh+Wade+ Durant is good but OKCs team as a whole is still miles better then Miami, so i think OKC would be better then MIA if that trade were to occur.

LAOwnsAll15
03-09-2011, 04:58 AM
misunderstood the question..lololol
That would be a total win for Miami!

Why would Miami get better from losing arguably a better a player? because Durant doesnt need the ball nearly as much as Lebron. He could easily put up the close to the same numbers as Lebron with half the opportunities. This leads to a much smoother distribution of the ball, plays into Wades strengths and arguably leads to a better team.

Think about Durant as Ray Allen, Wade as Pierce, Bosh as KG

on the other hand Lebron would be a horrible fit on the Thunder.. he has a unique set of skills and requires the ball way too much. OKC has a good thing going for them, they are a really well put together team. They have a lot of good players but they find a way to distribute the ball.. Why would you want to mess with by trying to incorporate Lebron? and asking players to completely change mindsets.

Theres a reason the Celtics got their chemistry right REALLY quick, because the players all played into each others strong points.

John Walls Era
03-09-2011, 05:05 AM
Lebron is better. But the Heat would have a better team. Wonder if the Thunder would even consider.... (I'm sure they would, but would decline).

gbrl
03-09-2011, 05:49 AM
misunderstood the question..lololol
That would be a total win for Miami!

Why would Miami get better from losing arguably a better a player? because Durant doesnt need the ball nearly as much as Lebron. He could easily put up the close to the same numbers as Lebron with half the opportunities. This leads to a much smoother distribution of the ball, plays into Wades strengths and arguably leads to a better team.

Think about Durant as Ray Allen, Wade as Pierce, Bosh as KG

on the other hand Lebron would be a horrible fit on the Thunder.. he has a unique set of skills and requires the ball way too much. OKC has a good thing going for them, they are a really well put together team. They have a lot of good players but they find a way to distribute the ball.. Why would you want to mess with by trying to incorporate Lebron? and asking players to completely change mindsets.

Theres a reason the Celtics got their chemistry right REALLY quick, because the players all played into each others strong points.

the only comparison remotely similar is wade and pierce

gbrl
03-09-2011, 05:55 AM
imagine the thunders defense with sefolosha, james, ibaka, and perkins

bholly
03-09-2011, 05:58 AM
the Heat by a mile. it would give then a player that actually compliments Wade, a shooter who does need the ball in his hands to be effective like both Lebron n Wade.

I dont think Lebron n Westbrook would play off each other very well

LBJ says nice things about Wade all the time.

gbrl
03-09-2011, 06:02 AM
LBJ says nice things about Wade all the time.

:laugh2:

3ballbomber
03-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Miami! As stated Durant compliments Wade and is in my opinion far more team orientated that Lebron.

Lebron is ball dominant and would take away Thunders team chemistry.

Evolution23
03-09-2011, 08:00 AM
I think it would work for both teams.

Supreme LA
03-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Miami for sure. OKC would be worse off due to having a combo of two ball-dominant players who can't shoot in Lebron and Westbrook, who obviously need the ball to be effective. It would the same situation that thy have now in Miami, only Wade is better than Westbrook, so I really believe OkC would be worse.

Durant would be amazing with the the Heat as Wade could be the one guy creating and Durant could spot up and hit shots all day. Lebron is just to one dimensional. The Heat by a mile with Durant.

Supreme LA
03-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Anybody think that Miami would be better with Kobe instead of Wade?? I personally do.