PDA

View Full Version : bigger problem.. bosh or spo?

Yunqn
03-09-2011, 03:13 AM
ima bulls fan and i have NO hate for the heat at ALL..so lemme make this clear.. im sorry if something i write looks negative or if im bashing them in any way.. i really dont mean it that way..

so simple question.. who's the bigger concern for miami? (general question)..
this isnt about their losing streak now.. this will go away..but this team is a team that should have the best record in the league and should be dominating with the best player in the league,a top 5 player and another player in the top 15 range..games like the indy & san antonio ones shouldnt happend..this is different than the lakers cruise control..

- is it the underachieving chris bosh who still doesnt get the memo?.. shooting the ball isnt the only way to help the team..

- or is the problem the coach who still hasnt learn how to use his team as the playoffs nears?..

when teams blow big leads its a coaching matter and no one seems to let teams back in it against his team more than spo..he doesnt know how to handle the media..and if he cant even do that.. how can he handle this media scrunitized team?

he's running probably the most predictable offense in the league and is running one of the most slowed pace teams when your personale clearly suggest you do other wise...and i understand that they could have won some of their close games but if their problem is that they cant end close games or cant make shots at the end.. who you think is drawing up those plays? teams are sitting and waiting for the predictable plays that they have been bringing all season..

yes their bench is bad, but lets not say haslem being out is the reason like the way everyone was overrating mike millers presence and then said i told you so when mike finally had 1 good game..

mods please keep this thread in the nba forum ..
ima bulls fan so i wouldnt go to any other teams forum and im sure there's people who do the same..

and one more question.. when haslem comes back.. if so this season.. should chris bosh make the sacrifice and come off the bench?

they still havent sacrifice or changed anything about themselves like how they were saying they were in the summer.. money doesnt mean anything when winning is the goal..so saying money was the sacrifice only shows you dont get the point..

one of them need to either change the way they play and contribute elsewhere like defense and rebounding or come off the bench to help that unit..i think when one of them or both are fixed.. this team can challenge anyone in the playoffs for a title in their first year on south beach..

nickdymez
03-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Spo. But i think this will be closed... But when i see a team not closing out games and not really having a set offense in the fourth quarter, tends to tell me something is going on with the coach... Lebron didnt have any problems closing out games in Clevland, and according to 85% of the posters on this site, the cavs were a "JV" team

Yunqn
03-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Spo. But i think this will be closed... But when i see a team not closing out games and not really having a set offense in the fourth quarter, tends to tell me something is going on with the coach... Lebron didnt have any problems closing out games in Clevland, and according to 85% of the posters on this site, the cavs were a "JV" team

i couldnt agree more..

i hope it isnt but.. its w.e.. i do think this is a good discussion unless people start crying about saying anything about their team.. i dont even mean it like that..

GoatMilk
03-09-2011, 03:27 AM
little bit of both, hard to pick

bosh literally just stands there when he doesnt have the ball
look, he's never been a strong rebounder, his numbers in toronto were inflated some, but he should still be going after the boards tougher. he's got a mean streak in him. we've seen him do some crazy hype dunks. he can get tough, but it's a mindset thing with him

he doesnt have the best post moves ever, but he can surely do more than just shoot jumpers

Yunqn
03-09-2011, 03:33 AM
little bit of both, hard to pick

bosh literally just stands there when he doesnt have the ball
look, he's never been a strong rebounder, his numbers in toronto were inflated some, but he should still be going after the boards tougher. he's got a mean streak in him. we've seen him do some crazy hype dunks. he can get tough, but it's a mindset thing with him

he doesnt have the best post moves ever, but he can surely do more than just shoot jumpers

agreed.. this guy was extremely liked in toronto for his game & personality but everything has changed..thats why im suggesting he goes back to his game and brings that off the bench and let haslem bring the mean streak while he dominates second units..

he's def the biggest x factor in the league.. and i the only way a player can get back to form & rhythm is by getting enough time & shots.. and going to the bench can help that because he plays with 2 guys who are going to hold the ball & get their shots..

Duddy
03-09-2011, 03:33 AM
Common Spo Play:
Heat down by one with 15s left. Spo calls a timeout. See what usualy happens:
Spo: "Wade, u r on fire. Do what u want but make that shot"
Wade misses. Foul on a good FT shooter. Makes both. Spo calls another timeout and says:
"Lebron, ur turn"

Lakerhead4ever
03-09-2011, 03:34 AM
bosh isnt the problem, anyone ever realized how hard it is to play with two players who dominate the ball as much as dwade and bron does? its insanely difficult imo.

but to answer the question spo is the problem, if a team such as the heat cant close out games its the coach, his plays are becoming predictable.

i also think the heat would be better off with bosh along with either bron or wade, not together. imagin if bosh went to the cavs with bron? scary

John Walls Era
03-09-2011, 03:38 AM
bosh isnt the problem, anyone ever realized how hard it is to play with two players who dominate the ball as much as dwade and bron does? its insanely difficult imo.

but to answer the question spo is the problem, if a team such as the heat cant close out games its the coach, his plays are becoming predictable.

i also think the heat would be better off with bosh along with either bron or wade, not together. imagin if bosh went to the cavs with bron? scary

shush.... the haters don't listen to reason :)

Ebbs
03-09-2011, 03:40 AM
Neither

effen5
03-09-2011, 03:41 AM
I'd say little bit of everybody, Spo really hasn't done a good job, but its hard when your star players don't respect you, Bosh has been doing okay, I think they need to give him the ball more.

Raph12
03-09-2011, 03:48 AM
The problem is the huge egos on the team, they don't respect Spo, therefore his coaching isn't effective...

WHODAT8o8
03-09-2011, 03:52 AM
^ well said it's pretty much everybody

totheights
03-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Bigger problem.........LeBron.

YourTeamSucks
03-09-2011, 03:56 AM
Simple. Get KD cause thats about the only chance this team has at winning anything.

John Walls Era
03-09-2011, 03:58 AM
Said from the beginning they didn't need Lebron. But I still think the Heat will win it this year.

Supreme LA
03-09-2011, 04:16 AM
Neither.

Lebron is the problem period. He will never beat a good team defense until he develops better ball handling skills, a low and high post game, better footwork, and a more consistent midrange jumper. It's that simple.

He is the teams best player and the responsibility lays with him. I truly believe that if he had those skills an fundamentals in his game, his teammates would have more open shots, the offense could be run through him more effectively instead of isolations all day at the top of the key.

Anybody who blames Bosh or the coach doesn't know anything about the game. Bosh is a little weak inside but so is Gasol. Bosh to me, is the connector for guys like Wade and Lebron who can always get bailed out as he is a really consistent shooter. And you can't blame SPO because a coach can only do so much with his personnel. You can't put your star player in great positions or draw up plays for a guys who only know how to isolate, barrel their way to the basket, or just chuck up a prayer 3. Defenses already know Lebron's game so their is no drawing misdirection plays for the Heat. We all know exactly what Lebron can and can't do.

Bulls_fan90
03-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Bosh spice.

Lake_Show2416
03-09-2011, 04:24 AM
It's Lebron, a lot of those games that were lost in the closing minutes was from Lebron always taking n missing the last shots... he needs to let Wade do what he does

xxcubs22xx
03-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Miami's problem is their bench, and oldest mean age in the NBA.

abe_froman
03-09-2011, 06:02 AM
The problem is the huge egos on the team, they don't respect Spo, therefore his coaching isn't effective...

this is part of it

ho9nestly .its a bunch of little things and no one single big thing.you have the woeful bench,bosh not being that low post presence that he was suppose to,ego's,lack of leadership/mental toughness,coaching,ect.all adding up

...but i will add i think if they took one of wade or lebron off the team(i know i know,they're both great so it heresy to suggest it) they're offense would run so much smoother

Crackadalic
03-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Miami's problem is their bench, and oldest mean age in the NBA.

This. The worst productive bench in the nba.

Celtic AL
03-09-2011, 07:12 AM
its Spo. hes to Soft & thats a problum

Fireworld
03-09-2011, 07:13 AM
They need a coach like Pop, Jackson, Pat, Doc, or even George Carl. Spo needs to go home.

Anilyzer
03-09-2011, 07:26 AM
The coach. It has to be the coach, right? When the team (and the coach) get it together or when they plug in a new coach, it will be like fireworks going off.

effen5
03-09-2011, 07:51 AM
They need a coach like Pop, Jackson, Pat, Doc, or even George Carl. Spo needs to go home.

Those coaches wouldn't fix that god awful bench.

effen5
03-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Said from the beginning they didn't need Lebron. But I still think the Heat will win it this year.

will win what? Doesnt look like they will win **** this year.

Evolution23
03-09-2011, 07:57 AM

LOL ok bro

kurivaimu
03-09-2011, 08:49 AM
The biggest problem is that Wade and Lebron can't play effectively together. The just don't play as a team. They play in turns and its easy for opposing teams to defend that.

I think the real questions is that who will be traded first, Lebron or Wade? Whats the point of keeping two excellent players if the team can't win a championship?

magichatnumber9
03-09-2011, 09:01 AM
I think Bosh thought this was going to be a cake walk for him this year. With free agency he probably didn't get himself into the greatest of shape. Spo is a joke. Rivers would be the ideal coach for that team.

TO to the CHI
03-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Read Bosh's comments after last night's game:

At least they no longer need to worry about the three stars trying to avoid stepping on each other's toes. The Heat shot 51.4% and yet lost because no one but Wade and James produced in a big way. Bosh provided 7 points (3 of 11 shooting) and four rebounds in 40 minutes. Afterward he talked about playing closer to the basket, and promised to share his thoughts with Spoelstra and his teammates. "As a big guy you never want to start a game shooting three jump shots,'' said Bosh. "I've just got to get where I'm effective. I'm a big man. I have to get it where big guys get it, and then I think I can do more to help this team.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ian_thomsen/03/09/miami.heat/index.html#ixzz1G6hojnZA

I am not trying to rip on Bosh, but everyone who has watched him play is well aware of the fact that playing inside and being an aggressive powerful force is not his strong suit. He was very happy shooting jump shots in Toronto (he also did it very well) and he rebounded more there largely because of an absence of rebounding elsewhere in the frontcourt (with Bargs and Turk).

I think Spo has been less than perfect and I think he suffers from being a no name coach on a team of big names and big personalities (some would say egos). But I think that Bosh is the bigger problem. He focuses more on getting attention than on playing hard and is unaware of his own strengths. How can a coach get a player to focus on what he does best if the player is too stupid to know his own game?

TO to the CHI
03-09-2011, 09:10 AM
I will add that nothing in that post should be taken to suggest that Bosh sucks. He doesn't. But he is mismatched with Wade and LeBron. Two great scorers need a defensive and rebounding presence in the post. That is not Bosh's game and it never has been. However, he is very effective at many things and is one of the best shooting power forwards in the league.

phi2134
03-09-2011, 09:14 AM
I think it boils down to team fundamentals...You can have superstars on a team, but when all the team has is superstars and scrub players, this is what you get. The superstars don't give the other players a chance to get into the game and your "role" players are nothing else than roster fillers, people out there to distract from the superstars.

JDMVP
03-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Its LeBron and Bosh who needs to trust into the system of coach SPO. If coach Spo was the problem, Pat Riley would have seen it earlier in the season and fired him but he didn't. You also have to understand the situation, Pat Riley did not build this team not just to win now but for the next 3-5 years. I just don't see Pat Riley firing his apprentice just like that and taking over.

anjoe29
03-09-2011, 10:36 AM
lebron and wade cannot co exist.. they need to dominate the ball to be effective... nuff said.

Anilyzer
03-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Its LeBron and Bosh who needs to trust into the system of coach SPO. If coach Spo was the problem, Pat Riley would have seen it earlier in the season and fired him but he didn't. You also have to understand the situation, Pat Riley did not build this team not just to win now but for the next 3-5 years. I just don't see Pat Riley firing his apprentice just like that and taking over.

But if Spo can't sell his system to the players, including Lebron and Wade, and make them believe and get them to trust him and play within that system, then by definition he has failed as a coach and must be replaced.

I still say the Heat will get hot as we get into the playoffs, and everybody talking smack right now better be ready to do some serious backtracking and "oh wow, they're so great, they're playing so great, just a matter of time *mwah* *mwah* *mwah* *mmmmmmmmmmmmmmsmah*"

like "yeah Doc Rivers, you just lost two in a row to open the Heat series, how my *** taste"

Kyben36
03-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Spo, just from a standpoint if you get a strong coach, one that can get these players to play better both together and defensivly, then you basicaly will shut bosh up, and the rest of the team, shutting bosh up doesnt stop the fact that Spo basicaly threw his team under the bus after the loss. saying they are in the locker room crying.

Flash3
03-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Neither.

Lebron is the problem period. He will never beat a good team defense until he develops better ball handling skills, a low and high post game, better footwork, and a more consistent midrange jumper. It's that simple.

Lebron has excellent ball handling skills especially for someone his size, his mid range game is pretty good, he does need to work on his post game ( he really should do this) and long range shot.

IamKaiserSoze
03-09-2011, 09:18 PM
it is the coach. first, does he even call any plays? second, would lebron listen to him if he did? it's nothing but isolation plays, one-on-one when it comes down to crunch time.

joepfarley
03-09-2011, 09:35 PM

what he said:clap:

ElMarroAfamado
03-09-2011, 09:45 PM

:facepalm:

and the problem is Spoelstra? really?
Just like the problem with the Cavs was Mike Brown right?

ElMarroAfamado
03-09-2011, 09:46 PM
It is about time people hold Lebrick accountable. His style of play is proven not to work when it matters and he keeps at it. I think as long as people keep on blaming everyone else but him he is going to keep doing it.

Ebbs
03-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Yes this is a good question it is obviously one of these 2 factors lol. There are alot of problems I hate how sports fans always want a scape goat.

This thread is asking who should we publicly hate on.

Chi StateOfMind
03-09-2011, 09:54 PM
the BENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how is that not an option

smith&wesson
03-09-2011, 09:57 PM
ima bulls fan and i have NO hate for the heat at ALL..so lemme make this clear.. im sorry if something i write looks negative or if im bashing them in any way.. i really dont mean it that way..

so simple question.. who's the bigger concern for miami? (general question)..
this isnt about their losing streak now.. this will go away..but this team is a team that should have the best record in the league and should be dominating with the best player in the league,a top 5 player and another player in the top 15 range....

two top 5 players and a top 15 player. reason i picked bosh is because i think they can trade him for 2-3 quality role players to fill out the roster. i beleive with wade and lebron all you need is guys that fit theyre roles well. you dont need another all star to try to get invovled. simply put they dont need bosh. they can be better with out him.

Slimsim
03-09-2011, 10:11 PM
LBJ for not being clutch i guess

dbroncos78087
03-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Please use team forums for these types of threads.