PDA

View Full Version : '10-11 Heat officially cannot finish with better record than '09-10 Cavaliers

turnaround3
03-08-2011, 11:26 PM
The Miami Heat lost their 21st game tonight to the Portland Trailblazers. They've played 64 games this season.

Last year's Cleveland Cavaliers lost a total of 21 games through 82 regular season contests in last years season.

Both teams featured Lebron James.

His current supporting cast features Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, amongst others.

Last year his supporting cast included Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison.

These are facts. They are undisputed.

BigBlueCrew
03-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Gotta appreciate the irony

The Jokemaker
Well according to some people, he still has no help which is BS. The Heat team is full of talent but if players outside the big 3 don't get shots then they wont score thus won't have an impact on the game. Can't have 3 guys hogging the ball all game and expect to win, this isn't NBA LIVE.

I find this hilarious though. Supposed to be teh dawn of a new juggernaut and the Cavs last year had the better record.

DJakk
Lets also mention that this 'need time to develop chemistry' BS is not viable anymore. A team's chemistry should be there after preseason, not a month after the All Star Break.

D Roses Bulls
03-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Well according to some people, he still has no help which is BS. The Heat team is full of talent but if players outside the big 3 don't get shots then they wont score thus won't have an impact on the game. Can't have 3 guys hogging the ball all game and expect to win, this isn't NBA LIVE.

I find this hilarious though. Supposed to be teh dawn of a new juggernaut and the Cavs last year had the better record.

THIS

I can call out so many people right now who tried arguing with me about lebron and the cavs and how lebron had no help on the cavs. now those same people are saying lebron has no help again this year. :facepalm:

The Jokemaker
03-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Lets also mention that this 'need time to develop chemistry' BS is not viable anymore. A team's chemistry should be there after preseason, not a month after the All Star Break.

Agreed. And they've played together on olympic teams and such before.

Minimal
03-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Well his supporting cast didn't feature dumb Eric Spoelstra, did it?

jeter 2
03-08-2011, 11:35 PM
I don't think the Cavs would be the number one seed this season. In case anyone has not noticed, the Eastern Conference has kinda gotten better since last year. Healthy Celtics, Magic, the Heat even with Wade and Bosh, Knicks, and of course the Bulls.

papipapsmanny
03-08-2011, 11:35 PM
this is hilarious

Chacarron
03-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Blame the coach now. Every month is something new.

Arroyo-->Chemistry--->Supporting cast---->Coach------>????

turnaround3
03-08-2011, 11:37 PM

No it featured Mike Brown.

Mike. Brown.

netsgiantsyanks
03-08-2011, 11:38 PM
oh really now?

jeter 2
03-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Also if anyone noticed, Chris Bosh has been kicked out of the Big 3.

jiggin
03-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Let us also mention that this all means very little in the playoffs which the Heat most certainly will make in the East.

All they got to do is get hot or have someone step up in the Post season, and the chances increase for them since the deck is stacked.

DoMeFavors
03-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Soooo???
This gives LeBron an easier chance in the playoffs and in the long run.. People want to play for the Heat nobody wanted to play in Cleveland.

Kashmir13579
03-08-2011, 11:41 PM

lmao nah mike brown :facepalm:

Kashmir13579
03-08-2011, 11:42 PM

Mike. Brown.

:laugh:

ahhh you beat me to it...

great thread btw i'm in full support of what you're doing here.

still1ballin
03-08-2011, 11:42 PM
I love this.

godolphins
03-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Where did that record get Cleveland last season :rolleyes:

Knicks21
03-08-2011, 11:46 PM
I called it, give me a prize.

WHODAT8o8
03-08-2011, 11:46 PM

Mike. Brown.

That's exactly what I was gonna say... Mike is worse

hyb152
03-08-2011, 11:50 PM
All this means is that's how good lebron WAS/IS. He was able to lead that sorry cavs team to that record.

Minimal
03-08-2011, 11:50 PM
That's exactly what I was gonna say... Mike is worse
Cleveland was 6th in APG last season. Miami was 28th. This year Miami is 29th.

Mike Brown was a bad coach, but he was better than Spoelstra that's for sure.

godolphins
03-08-2011, 11:52 PM
By the way:
14) Thread Tags. If you are making thread tags, please treat them like you would a thread title and enter appropriate tags. Otherwise, you are subject to an infraction.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256816

How is "Charlie Sheen unhappy" a appropriate tag :confused:

jetsforever
03-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Love the tags... :laugh2:

tredigs
03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
THIS

I can call out so many people right now who tried arguing with me about lebron and the cavs and how lebron had no help on the cavs. now those same people are saying lebron has no help again this year. :facepalm:

I don't think there's a person on this forum/in the media saying "LEBRON" has no help. They're saying that while Lebron and Wade are elite - and Bosh is still a very competent player, the rest of the team is falling flat on their face. And they can't hope to win against true/deep squads if that's the case.

You can argue that this is because Lebron + Wade are dominating the ball too much, that the management should've signed true role players instead of Bosh, that Spo doesn't know how to handle the guys, or that their role players are simply garbage and everyone should've seen this coming from two guys who essentially are playing the same position - but that is the their point. Not that "LEBRON" himself has no help. The Heat are far bigger than just Lebron. Put your mindless trolling hate aside for one moment to realize that.

chitownbears89
03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
By the way:
14) Thread Tags. If you are making thread tags, please treat them like you would a thread title and enter appropriate tags. Otherwise, you are subject to an infraction.

Somebody is a little butt hurt. I still dont understand why you open these threads. If you dont like them steer clear.

madvillian9
03-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Somebody is a little butt hurt. I still dont understand why you open these threads. If you dont like them steer clear.

is he a mod or is he their biotch ?

Chi StateOfMind
03-08-2011, 11:58 PM
the next excuse will be...........drumrolll.....................the fans not showing up to give that HCA

aussie
03-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Heat with Bibby 0-4 :S

trade
Bosh to Hornets
Dwest to Nets
Lopez to Heat

godolphins
03-09-2011, 12:01 AM

I'm just bored :yawn:

tredigs
03-09-2011, 12:02 AM
By the way:

Those tags are pretty hilarious. Lighten up dude...

LebronJamesWest
03-09-2011, 12:03 AM
this-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI9fkp4NeBc

godolphins
03-09-2011, 12:04 AM
is he a mod or is he their biotch ?

Neither, just bored

turnaround3
03-09-2011, 12:04 AM
By the way:

Write a letter.

THE MTL
03-09-2011, 12:07 AM
The Cavs were a great regular season team. The team was deep and BUILT for Lebron James. Every player on that roster was made to play with Lebron and thats why it worked so well in the regular season.

However, his team was still comprised of "just" role players and when u have the "BIG GAMES"...role players cannot be counted on. Its the time where the stars set themselves apart.

godolphins
03-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Write a letter.
Can you pay for the stamp please

DwayneMVPwade
03-09-2011, 12:10 AM
thats pretty sad

knicks4life33
03-09-2011, 12:10 AM
this is to funnyyyyyyy

MFFL==FML
03-09-2011, 12:12 AM

He's been the most efficient offensive threat for the Heat. He doesn't chill... he needs more touches.

D Roses Bulls
03-09-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't think there's a person on this forum/in the media saying "LEBRON" has no help. They're saying that while Lebron and Wade are elite - and Bosh is still a very competent player, the rest of the team is falling flat on their face. And they can't hope to win against true/deep squads if that's the case.

You can argue that this is because Lebron + Wade are dominating the ball too much, that the management should've signed true role players instead of Bosh, that Spo doesn't know how to handle the guys, or that their role players are simply garbage and everyone should've seen this coming from two guys who essentially are playing the same position - but that is the their point. Not that "LEBRON" himself has no help. The Heat are far bigger than just Lebron. Put your mindless trolling hate aside for one moment to realize that.

go look in the game thread. its been said

still1ballin
03-09-2011, 12:16 AM
that is pretty funny

XerxestheGreat
03-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Lebron is by far a better leader than Wade. It's Lebron's team Wade needs to play some "James Worthy" to Lebron's "Magic Johnson".. Someone needs to be Alpha-male every team needs one.

Arch Stanton
03-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Here's a tweet from Adande:

@jadande @jemelehill Bench Forrest Gump sat on > Miami's bench

lvlheaded
03-09-2011, 12:20 AM
The difference is that the next best player on the Cavs was Mo Williams, the Heat have DWade. While I love watching this team lose, they will bounce back and if necessary, Pat Riley will come down from above and patrol the sidelines for them.

It is hilarious though that they were supposed to be the dawning of a new age of the NBA. "We arent here to win 1 title, we are here to win 5, or 6, or 7." Yeah, you have gotten off to a great start guys. You talked a big game, now lets watch you back it up come playoff time.

More-Than-Most
03-09-2011, 12:21 AM
The thread tags made me Lol.

The Jokemaker

Always an excuse. That bench is fine.

lvlheaded

Funniest twitter post ever composed.

lakersrock
03-09-2011, 12:26 AM
They need to trade LeBrick for Harris, AK47, Jefferson and picks.

It gives them a cohesive unit with all five positions and makes it clear who the leader of the team is....unlike it is currently, which is their biggest problem.

enserio
03-09-2011, 12:31 AM
this thread along with like 5 others are roasting up the NBA forum.

Gideon
03-09-2011, 12:33 AM
While I am enjoying this immensely, they still worry me come playoff time. That said, where are all the "U Mad" guys? They Mad?

madvillian9
Always an excuse. That bench is fine.

sure it is.

More-Than-Most
The smart ones knew when they signed this was likely to happen... No bench or depth equals no shot. All the media calling assuming they would break the wins record and saying they would be the greatest team ever really need to take a long look in the mirror and refocus on the fundamentals that makes teams good and not the big 3 fiasco teams want to jump into.

Arch Stanton
03-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Here's a Phil Jackson quote from ESPN:
This is the NBA: No Boys Allowed. Big boys don't cry. But, if you're going to do it, do it in the toilet where no one can see.

bklynny67
03-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Cleveland was 6th in APG last season. Miami was 28th. This year Miami is 29th.

Mike Brown was a bad coach, but he was better than Spoelstra that's for sure.

lol MIA doesn't get assists because of the coach? maybe its cuz they have no one who can make good passes except Lebron sometimes.

bklynny67
03-09-2011, 12:36 AM
While I am enjoying this immensely, they still worry me come playoff time. That said, where are all the "U Mad" guys? They Mad?

:laugh:

that statement is just awesome. all the MIA guys who always said "u mad"... i always thought they was soooo gay...

haha where u at now?

Public Enemy #1
03-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Calm down people. Its not the end of the season, people are blowing this out of proportion. I'm not even a Heat fan, kind of against them honestly but they will figure it out before the playoffs start. They won't be able to get passed the Celtics but a trip to the ECF their first season together wouldn't be that much of a fail.

Arch Stanton
03-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Calm down people. Its not the end of the season, people are blowing this out of proportion. I'm not even a Heat fan, kind of against them honestly but they will figure it out before the playoffs start. They won't be able to get passed the Celtics but a trip to the ECF their first season together wouldn't be that much of a fail.

But how will they win 8 championships if they don't win it this year. Is LeBron/Wade/Bosh going to be 40 playing for the Heat?

BostonBro9
03-09-2011, 12:56 AM

I wonder if that means Mike Brown isn't as bad as we all thought.

Although I think ESPN needs him as a commentator, he sounds and acts like Bill Cosby, and I think we all need that...

Crackadalic
03-09-2011, 12:57 AM
To be fair the cavs role players werent good but they knew their roles and played it well. While the heat team are way more talented a lot of the players use to be starters like bibby and miller and are force to play certain roles their not used too. Id say they'll fair better come next season if their is one

DaBear
03-09-2011, 12:58 AM
The East is better this year than the last year. That might have something to do with it. And again, Miami is not as good as proclaimed prior to the start of the season.

GodsSon
03-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Called it yesterday that Portland would beat Miami with Aldridge beasting on Bosh.

Lo and behold Bosh finishes with 7 points on 3-11 shooting, 4 boards and a game worst -15...OUCH!

ks32
03-09-2011, 01:09 AM
i feel bad for SteBo he's the only heat fan I like

Bruno
03-09-2011, 01:11 AM
...Pretty wild. What else can you say about it?

justinnum1
03-09-2011, 01:20 AM
first season with injuries...:yawn:

effen5
03-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Whoever made the tags....effen HIGH FIVE!

LakerPride
03-09-2011, 01:59 AM
they will be better-off with haslem. but i still don't think they will come out of the east but they will be a very dangerous team nevertheless

CowboysKB24
03-09-2011, 02:28 AM

Oh please, don't make excuses. It is baffling how Heat fans blame the coach and Bosh. Bosh doesn't get the ball. LBJ and Wade do not mesh, they both need the ball to be effective. When Wade, LBJ and Bosh are on the court the Heat are outscored by their opponents. They play better when LBJ or Wade is on the bench.

CowboysKB24
03-09-2011, 02:31 AM
Shocking.

bmd1101
03-09-2011, 02:44 AM

There will be no ????, the coach will be the scapegoat.

IversonIsKrazy
03-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Dynamic Duo. Bosh is apart of the supporting cast now...

BRICKCITYPIMP12
03-09-2011, 03:27 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA.
****er.

Game_Over
03-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Even though Miami lost again, they are still #winning!!!

totheights
03-09-2011, 03:52 AM
Also if anyone noticed, Chris Bosh has been kicked out of the Big 3.

Can we stop calling these impostors "the big 3?"

The Big 3 is Pierce, Allen and Garnett.

Supreme LA
03-09-2011, 03:56 AM
i feel bad for SteBo he's the only heat fan I like

+1

Every other Heat fan thinks the league is like the NBA 2K11 where dunks and alleyoops will win you championships. Stebo is cool for sure.

As for the thread topic, the irony is almost too funny and it was only expected that the Miami trio fall short of all the proclaimations. Had they not had their championship ceremony in before the season and claim to win 8 championships before stepping on the floor, they wouldn't be receiving all this criticism now. There is no way they could ever live up to their own hype. They brought this on themselves.

Supreme LA
03-09-2011, 04:06 AM
first season with injuries...:yawn:

I doubt you're as confident and relaxed as you play it now. In the Heat forum, you're the biggest panicking girl in there, blaming the coach, blaming Arroyo, blaming Bosh, blaming the chemistry, blaming the bench, and now back to blaming the coach. The only person you have to blame is Lebron and his shortcomings as a player. Yes, he is a athletic freak but you cant win brickig jumpers and barreling you're way to the hoop. We see right through you're BS.

As a fan, you should be prayin that Lebron gets in the gym and works his butt off this offseason on his skills and fundamentals. Pray he works on his ball-handling, footwork, low & high post game, and his midrange jumpshot. Without those things, he will never beat a great team defense in the playoffs.

Coupon
03-09-2011, 04:28 AM
At this point, when I read about the Heat and their problems, my mind keeps coming back to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASQZ5qQYnxU

Losing feeds on itself. This team is playing below its abilities.

The Heat need to pull themselves together and get their swagger back.

Big2win
03-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Miami's success or failure is going to rely on how consistent Chris Bosh is going to be. He has to show up in the playoffs every game (which I doubt he is capable of). It's no nights off for him defending bigs. If he was dominated by Aldridge, what's going to happen when he plays against Garnett & Shaq, Stoudamire, Howard & Bass, Noah & Boozer?? Bosh is soft! Also the only big 3 member who is having the best team season of his career, he is accustomed to losing on an awful Toronto team and he plays that way.

papipapsmanny
03-09-2011, 05:57 AM
honestly thought the cavs had a real good thing going last year, why didn't Lebron just get a FA to sign with the cavs this year?

how did anyone think 3 huge contract plus millers on the same team would be a good idea, and then everyone else a bunch of scrubs?

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 09:59 AM
I told everyone that the Cavs team wasn't bad, no one wanted to believe me.

SteBO
03-09-2011, 10:01 AM
I told everyone that the Cavs team wasn't bad, no one wanted to believe me.

Noone said they were bad. Just overrated.

Flash3
03-09-2011, 10:14 AM
MIAMI HEAT

#notwinning.

Antipod
03-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Cavs last year > Miami this year(without `Bron)

koreancabbage
03-09-2011, 10:16 AM
i think the teams in the East just got better overall. The top teams are harder to beat than ever. They can still take the conference so its not like he joined Miami and became the 8th seed or anything like that.

nycericanguy
03-09-2011, 10:22 AM
That CLE team was built for and around Lebron. MIA has more talent but they are not a team, not yet at least.

Just like the USA dream teams, they had amazing talent but they were not an ideal fit, so much so that they started taking off superstars and adding role players like Bruce Bowen.

The 800 pound gorilla in the MIA room is that if you were going to break that team up, Wade would be the one that makes most sense to go.

Lebron is the best player in the NBA and is younger and far more durable than Wade.

Bosh is a better fit next to Lebron. You don't want to trade Bosh because that leaves Wade and Lebron who are not exactly a good or ideal fit.

Wade could net MIA a huge package and make them a more balanced, complete team. The question is would MIA stab Wade in the back like that?

I think NY might have the same problem next year as well if Howard is willing to sign there because they'd be better off trading Amare and building around Melo/Howard and cap space.

HOZ THE KNICK
03-09-2011, 10:22 AM
I doubt you're as confident and relaxed as you play it now. In the Heat forum, you're the biggest panicking girl in there, blaming the coach, blaming Arroyo, blaming Bosh, blaming the chemistry, blaming the bench, and now back to blaming the coach. The only person you have to blame is Lebron and his shortcomings as a player. Yes, he is a athletic freak but you cant win brickig jumpers and barreling you're way to the hoop. We see right through you're BS.

As a fan, you should be prayin that Lebron gets in the gym and works his butt off this offseason on his skills and fundamentals. Pray he works on his ball-handling, footwork, low & high post game, and his midrange jumpshot. Without those things, he will never beat a great team defense in the playoffs.

this post is classic :)

Punk
03-09-2011, 10:23 AM
I heard DoMeFavors broke his leg jumping off that Heat bandwagon.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Last year's Cavs had the same number of total season losses as Miami has right now.

FairWeatherFan?
03-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Having watched both teams alot in the past two seasons, the Cavs would of had a field day with the Heat...

/Lock

JasonJohnHorn
03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Yes (IBTL)!

JasonJohnHorn
03-09-2011, 10:40 AM
I'd dont know who would have come out on top witht eh LBJ vs LBJ match-up, its a tough call. But Wade might have a chance with the Wade vs. Anthony Parker match-up.

FairWeatherFan?
03-09-2011, 10:41 AM
To be fair the cavs role players werent good but they knew their roles and played it well. While the heat team are way more talented a lot of the players use to be starters like bibby and miller and are force to play certain roles their not used too. Id say they'll fair better come next season if their is one

I would take a bi-polar, only plays every other day, Delonte West over anyone on the heat bench.

FairWeatherFan?
03-09-2011, 10:48 AM
I don't have statistics to back it up, but from what I have "witnessed" #6 on the Cavs was more effective than #6 on the Heat.

jiggin
03-09-2011, 10:51 AM
isn't there a thread about this already...oh yeah THERE IS!

its titled: '10-11 Heat officially cannot finish with better record than '09-10 Cavaliers

and its 6 pages deep already on the front page!

MOVE!

pentel1980
03-09-2011, 10:53 AM
It'd be an interesting head-to-head matchup to run through whatifsports once the final '10/'11 players stats come out.

kdspurman
03-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Can we stop calling these impostors "the big 3?"

The Big 3 is Pierce, Allen and Garnett.

Can we stop calling those impostors the big 3... The Big 3 is Timmy, Tony, Manu :D sorry a little bored here lol

TheDiggler
03-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Imagine last years Cavs with Lebron. Plus Wade ...

Epicfailure
03-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Dude, you put Lebron and Bosh on the Cavs, they would be MUCH better than this Miami squad. I mean damn. The Heat lack a hustler like Varejao or a big body to occupy the paint like Shaq. And honestly, I'm pretty sure Mo Williams is better than Carlos Arroyo was when he was starting for them. Or even Anthony Parker, who is a great shooter and defender, made a huge difference.

Everyone wanted to knock the Cavs for being a team of nothing but role players, but I'm pretty sure the Heat would love to have anyone else good enough to even be considered a solid role player.

The Cavs played with a lot of heart last season, they just couldn't get it done. It happens.

FairWeatherFan?
03-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Nevermind

king4day
03-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Merged the threads.

That Cavs team had years of chemistry for the most part so I don't think it's as big a deal considering it's the first year of Lebron/Bosh/Wade. After this season they will re-evaluate. James Jones is a keeper. Chalmers and Miller will be trade bait. Maybe even Bosh if they can get a key piece.

mlisica19
03-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Whose surprised?

They have no legitimate PG. Dwayne Wade possesses the capability of being a solid or great PG but he refuses to play that actual role more than 50% of a game. Especially even tougher since LeBron wants to take the ball up a few times as well. Chalmers, not that hes good enough to lead this team up the court, does not even get the chance to improve. Because of their lack of PG they suck in the half court game.

But the blame should not go all the way to the Guards and QB of the offense. It relies on their big guy as well. They have no TRUE #1 Big Man as well. Chris Bosh is their best big guy and hes soft for most parts of his game. Did you see yesterdays game? Watch ESPN either way and they will break down his game and how much he actually has hurt this team. Hes lazy, hes forced to be lazy cause of two superstars wanting to make the play more often than not, and can we talk about how horrid is defense is?

Of course they have no problem against under 500 teams or mid ranged playoff teams because they have 2 superstars who can run over any of those teams. Yet when they come across a team that actually studies the game well, and exploits their weaknesses they are hindered.

This team is doomed to fail. Its not because they have 2 superstars, its because there a team of immaturity. Their coach is a rookie, good solid or great or terrible he is a rookie. Their 2 best players play the same role and want the lime light over anything and think its all about them already blaming their coaches and not themself. Their $$ spent on the trio have weakened their bench where they only score 14 points in 2 games. Their best big guy is lazy and soft and never gets the ball where now hes lost the touch.

This year the heat are going no where. 1st or 2nd round knock off. The next year, more eastern teams will be better including the Knicks and their trio will be overshadowed. The HEat are doomed and im laughing

Flash3
03-09-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't have statistics to back it up, but from what I have "witnessed" #6 on the Cavs was more effective than #6 on the Heat.

no one wore #6 on the cavs last year.

pentel1980
03-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Merged the threads.

That Cavs team had years of chemistry for the most part so I don't think it's as big a deal considering it's the first year of Lebron/Bosh/Wade.

Not sure if it was years of "chemistry" or years of automatic deferral to LeBron 20+ times a game and late in games. The Heat will have a hard time achieving any sort of chemistry w/both LeBron and Wade expecting their own...and Bosh too. They could learn to manage their expectations of "who gets his," and appear to be cohesive...but chemistry/harmony? Eh.

Mile High Champ
03-09-2011, 11:38 AM
I think this has to Drive Lebron nuts. I know he had to be thinking about that Cavs record.

Skippy15
03-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Heat won't get better till they fill out the bench better, And those guys start giving up the ball some

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Whose surprised?

They have no legitimate PG. Dwayne Wade possesses the capability of being a solid or great PG but he refuses to play that actual role more than 50% of a game. Especially even tougher since LeBron wants to take the ball up a few times as well. Chalmers, not that hes good enough to lead this team up the court, does not even get the chance to improve. Because of their lack of PG they suck in the half court game.

But the blame should not go all the way to the Guards and QB of the offense. It relies on their big guy as well. They have no TRUE #1 Big Man as well. Chris Bosh is their best big guy and hes soft for most parts of his game. Did you see yesterdays game? Watch ESPN either way and they will break down his game and how much he actually has hurt this team. Hes lazy, hes forced to be lazy cause of two superstars wanting to make the play more often than not, and can we talk about how horrid is defense is?

Of course they have no problem against under 500 teams or mid ranged playoff teams because they have 2 superstars who can run over any of those teams. Yet when they come across a team that actually studies the game well, and exploits their weaknesses they are hindered.

This team is doomed to fail. Its not because they have 2 superstars, its because there a team of immaturity. Their coach is a rookie, good solid or great or terrible he is a rookie. Their 2 best players play the same role and want the lime light over anything and think its all about them already blaming their coaches and not themself. Their $$ spent on the trio have weakened their bench where they only score 14 points in 2 games. Their best big guy is lazy and soft and never gets the ball where now hes lost the touch.

This year the heat are going no where. 1st or 2nd round knock off. The next year, more eastern teams will be better including the Knicks and their trio will be overshadowed. The HEat are doomed and im laughing

love this post :clap:

Melo15
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Wow, a lot of people are overreacting here. I honestly don't see how this is a big deal. LeBron made the decision because in his opinion it gave him the best chance to win championships. Sure, the Heat look ugly right now but I'm damn sure most of you would rather your team play the past Cavs teams in the playoffs rather than this Heat team.

Hangtime
03-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Cavs- better chemistry and more appropriately built around Lebron. Bad matchup against the likes of Boston and Orlando. Had a coach no where on the level of Phil, Pop, and Doc.
They were never a championship caliber team.

Miami- better talent worse chemistry. Bad matchup against Boston. A coach no where near the level of Phil, Pop, and Doc. No real system in place and questions of leadership.

It's clear both teams have their problems. Miami needs a stronger head coach and a legitimate system in place and not this improv act. Anyone who think those Cleveland teams were championship caliber teams haven't watched basketball for an entire decade. Those teams not made to compete with Boston, LA, and San Antonio. Please tell me which one of you all had them beating LA had they made the finals. PLEASE STAND UP.

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Noone said they were bad. Just overrated.

disagree, there were plenty of people here who said the Cavs outside of Lebron the last 2 years was garbage despite the stats showing how they were elite on offense and defense and had the highest ppg win margin and SRS rating.

magichatnumber9
03-09-2011, 12:31 PM
I've C-webbed the situation

Chronz
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Cleveland teams had the depth to compensate for injuries to anyone but Bron, this team is top heavy and has suffered injuries to their best role players. In the playoffs however, depth becomes less of an issue as rotations are shortened, Miami is still the better playoff team than a regular season team. Cleveland was not, its going to take time for Miami to build up the depth all the other elite teams have in order to win huge, but I still like their chances with this squad.

CostanzaNumba0
03-09-2011, 12:41 PM
The problem is their 2nd best player is a poor mans version of their best player, both need to occupy the ball in their hands to be effective, lbj is overrated as a passer..also bosh is the biggest ***** in the nba, all he does is chill and cry, he is the one that suffers the most from this because he left an all star situation where he was the man to being the squeaky wheel,,, the heat shouldve tried for amare or boozer bc theyre both much much better and tougher than bosh

CostanzaNumba0
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Cleveland teams had the depth to compensate for injuries to anyone but Bron, this team is top heavy and has suffered injuries to their best role players. In the playoffs however, depth becomes less of an issue as rotations are shortened, Miami is still the better playoff team than a regular season team. Cleveland was not, its going to take time for Miami to build up the depth all the other elite teams have in order to win huge, but I still like their chances with this squad.

after the critical reception this year from the media and the fans (ive never seen a team as universally disliked as the heat, not even the yankees) why would any vets go there on the cheap? its not like theyre winning, lbj has more enemies than friends i just dont see a future for this team unless they blow it up, wade needs to be traded for a physical big man

The Jokemaker
03-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Merged the threads.

That Cavs team had years of chemistry for the most part so I don't think it's as big a deal considering it's the first year of Lebron/Bosh/Wade. After this season they will re-evaluate. James Jones is a keeper. Chalmers and Miller will be trade bait. Maybe even Bosh if they can get a key piece.

Another fallacy. The Cavs team last year had quite a few new players. Shaq, Moon, Jamison, Parker, Powe, Telfair, Cedric Jackson and Danny Green. They had also lost Joe Smith, Wally S, Sasha P, Ben Wallace, and Kinsey. They had 7 new guys on the team last year that weren't on the team before. And they still had the best record in the east.

pebloemer
03-09-2011, 12:53 PM

The core group composing of the short rotation is definitely leaps and bounds better than any short rotation Cleveland could boast in any of the year LeBron was there. We'll see what happens in the playoffs.

We'll see how well Miami will be able to build up depth in the new CBA. In the current CBA they could build that up by the start of next year. If the owners are able to get that hard cap though, it may be tougher for Miami to build depth; although they are fortunate that most veterans will take a drastic salary reduction to have a shot at a championship with this group.

Confusious
03-09-2011, 12:53 PM
They were winning games on talent, but the teams they were beating with under 500 teams.

They clearly just do not get on the same page together when opposed by a team that is actually good. I think it may say a lot about LeBron's character as the best player in the league.

DarzenPetrovic3
03-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Heat are gonna have to play the Knicks, where they will have NO HOME COURT ADVANTAGE because of all the Knick fans in Miami and the will lose which is what they deserve for saying they were gonna win all those Championships,lol.:p

Melo15
03-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I will say that the Heat fans have been garbage this year. I understand that in Miami there is a lot more to do than in most cities but how can your crowd still be that weak with 3 superstars on one team?

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 01:10 PM
The problem is their 2nd best player is a poor mans version of their best player, both need to occupy the ball in their hands to be effective, lbj is overrated as a passer..also bosh is the biggest ***** in the nba, all he does is chill and cry, he is the one that suffers the most from this because he left an all star situation where he was the man to being the squeaky wheel,,, the heat shouldve tried for amare or boozer bc theyre both much much better and tougher than bosh

So Lebron is a poor mans Wade is what you are saying?:confused:

adj3369
03-09-2011, 01:12 PM

hey ManRamForPrez24, are you going to give an infraction to this poster? does he have "good intentions in mind"? he told the person he was replying to that they're mindless. is that civil or respectful to call someone mindless? or did you simply give me an infraction because I was talking about your team? the thread was something to the effect of "what is wrong with this miami heat team" i responded with, "you're not a team. that's what wrong with this "team". in actuality, it's a collection of 3 superstars(if u count bosh a superstar) combined with obligatory minimum salary players. when you get yourselves a real team, and a real fan base, just then might you be able to deem yourselves relevant in the sportsworld. tear for fears ain't just a pop group people, get over it....winning! anyone? anyone?" now ManRamForPrez24, did i do any namecalling? did i say someone was mindless for having an opinion? tear for fears was a reference to what coach spoelstra said about his team. it's not something i invented, something i was simply commenting on. please explain ManRamForPrez24 how i recieved an infraction but this guy can call people mindless.

ghettosean
03-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Here's a link for the Toronto Raptors reaction to the Miami heat crying and Chris Bosh....

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/

Click on the video "No sympathy"

It was pretty funny... Sonny Weems... LOL!!!

adj3369
03-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I will say that the Heat fans have been garbage this year. I understand that in Miami there is a lot more to do than in most cities but how can your crowd still be that weak with 3 superstars on one team?

hey watch what you say about the heat fans. you might recieve an infraction from a heat mod

Flash3
03-09-2011, 03:11 PM

I hear ya man.. i think the biggest reason beside scalpers is that most people in miami isnt from miami but i hope they can come out by playoff time..

from ticket sales it seems like we should sell out each game i guess this is when the scalpers come in.

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 03:22 PM
This. That is why I was surprised Wade stayed. I figured Wade would be in Chicago and Lebron in NY.

godolphins
03-09-2011, 03:27 PM
I hear ya man.. i think the biggest reason beside scalpers is that most people in miami isnt from miami but i hope they can come out by playoff time..

from ticket sales it seems like we should sell out each game i guess this is when the scalpers come in.
That sig pic bring back chills

Flash3
03-09-2011, 03:41 PM
That sig pic bring back chills

:cry: i miss that year.

papipapsmanny
03-09-2011, 03:52 PM
honestly i hate how all this happened because I use to love dwayne Wade, now I can't even support him at all, and hope he fails

Arch Stanton
03-09-2011, 04:04 PM
hey watch what you say about the heat fans. you might recieve an infraction from a heat mod

Im surprised ManRam didn't delete that comment or this thread he's been pretty trigger happy lately.

effen5
03-09-2011, 06:57 PM
honestly i hate how all this happened because I use to love dwayne Wade, now I can't even support him at all, and hope he fails

this

SteBO
03-09-2011, 07:07 PM
This. That is why I was surprised Wade stayed. I figured Wade would be in Chicago and Lebron in NY.
Miami's a great city. :shrug: Why do you people feel the need to bash MIA? Seems like you guys have nothing else intelligent to discuss, so you revert to bashing. Love the generalizing of Heat fans too guys, because all Heat fans are bandwagoners and garbage :rolleyes: Some of y'all have to grow up, real talk. :pity:

Fool
03-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Miami's a great city. :shrug: Why do you people feel the need to bash MIA? Seems like you guys have nothing else intelligent to discuss, so you revert to bashing. Love the generalizing of Heat fans too guys, because all Heat fans are bandwagoners and garbage :rolleyes: Some of y'all have to grow up, real talk. :pity:

Noooo. That's just wrong. It's pretty much known to most that the Heat have some of the worst fans, attendance wise. They packed the stadium for the ridiculous show introducing LeBron, but after that it seems barely full. Don't act like they're attacking you. And the reason we see them as bandwagoners and there are now about 1000 Heat fans in the forum as to the three that there were last season.

SteBO
03-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Noooo. That's just wrong. It's pretty much known to most that the Heat have some of the worst fans, attendance wise. They packed the stadium for the ridiculous show introducing LeBron, but after that it seems barely full. Don't act like they're attacking you. And the reason we see them as bandwagoners and there are now about 1000 Heat fans in the forum as to the three that there were last season.
So Miami is not a great city? :confused: Did I not say that not all Heat fans are bandwagoners? :facepalm: C'mon man. I know MIA is known as a bandwagon town, as rightfully so, but it's not everybody. That's the problem I had with that posters' post. I'm sorry, but you aren't too bright if you're surprised by this.

Chi StateOfMind
03-09-2011, 07:25 PM
i still like wade alot he's a great basketball player i just lost RESPECT for him when he called out bulls FO saying there not loyal....b/c last time i checked many former players work for the bulls FO...i feel he just ripped the bulls so miami could get a upper hand on getting lebron........and still till this day i always wonder y players who have a chance to come to there hometown and have a chance to win a championship would turn it down and again im not mad that hes still in miami b/c i never believed he woulda left miami in the first place i just feel him coming to the bulls and home woulda been a better scenario then what he's in now

Chi StateOfMind
03-09-2011, 07:26 PM
and to comment on miami fans i dont know why they dont show up on time damn yall know what time the game starts and u have 2 superstars and in a playoff run SHOW UP makin whitesox fans look good

Atticus Finch
03-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Charlie Sheen definitely isn't happy

SteBO
03-09-2011, 07:27 PM
and to comment on miami fans i dont know why they dont show up on time damn yall know what time the game starts and u have 2 superstars and in a playoff run SHOW UP makin whitesox fans look good
It changes in the playoffs.

Chi StateOfMind
03-09-2011, 07:30 PM
It changes in the playoffs.

should be all year round i GUARENTEE you if the bulls would of signed lebron or wade sellout every game and i think we sellout now everygame jusst good fans and a REAL home court advantage

SteBO
03-09-2011, 07:32 PM
should be all year round i GUARENTEE you if the bulls would of signed lebron or wade sellout every game and i think we sellout now everygame jusst good fans and a REAL home court advantage
Actually, MIA sells out every game. They show up late, but there are other things to in MIA. Come playoff time, the AAA is as loud as any arena in the NBA.

RZZZA
03-09-2011, 07:34 PM
There's other things to do in Miami, cocaine for example.

AddiX
03-09-2011, 07:36 PM
It was always a myth that Cleveland didn't have a good team. That team was built for James strengths and built to do exactly what he wanted to do.

Looking back, it really is amazing to see where Bron is now considering he was on top of the world and played in his home state. Now hes winning less, fans hate him, and miami doesn't even show up to his games.

Karma man

papipapsmanny
Miami is a bangwagon town thats just the way it is, doesn't mean everyone there is like that but most are.

For instance the marlins when they won the WS they still couldn't get people there

phoenix_bladen
doesn't matter this doesn't change the fact that the cavs still suck

lebron is better off leaving the cavs

if only he went to the knicks or bulls instead they would be wayyyy better

omdigga
03-09-2011, 07:37 PM

cocaine is a helluva drug...

but i get it... other cities dont have other things to do... :eyebrow:

AddiX
03-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Actually, MIA sells out every game. They show up late, but there are other things to in MIA. Come playoff time, the AAA is as loud as any arena in the NBA.

I don't know if I would brag about being a band wagon fan base.

Your def one of the cooler Heat fans on here, but yeah, not something to brag about.

papipapsmanny
03-09-2011, 07:40 PM
doesn't matter this doesn't change the fact that the cavs still suck

lebron is better off leaving the cavs

if only he went to the knicks or bulls instead they would be wayyyy better

they suck because lebron left, and everyone else did too because the team got blown up.... if he stayed they could have easily gotten a big FA in clevland to play with him

SteBO
I don't know if I would brag about being a band wagon fan base.

Your def one of the cooler Heat fans on here, but yeah, not something to brag about.
I'm pissed that this is a bandwagon fanbase, don't me wrong. I'm just stating that in the playoffs, people are already in the building before the game starts. It's just a fact. I'm not bragging about it. I wish this fanbase were more like Chicago's and Boston's.

SteBO
they suck because lebron left, and everyone else did too because the team got blown up.... if he stayed they could have easily gotten a big FA in clevland to play with him
Not too sure about this. Bigger market size plays a big factor as well.

Chi StateOfMind
03-09-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm pissed that this is a bandwagon fanbase, don't me wrong. I'm just stating that in the playoffs, people are already in the building before the game starts. It's just a fact. I'm not bragging about it. I wish this fanbase were more like Chicago's and Boston's.

hey stebo or anyone off topic but how do u guys get the miami heat fan under ur sig i want one for all the chicago teams i like

Flash3
03-09-2011, 07:44 PM
i still like wade alot he's a great basketball player i just lost RESPECT for him when he called out bulls FO saying there not loyal....b/c last time i checked many former players work for the bulls FO...i feel he just ripped the bulls so miami could get a upper hand on getting lebron........and still till this day i always wonder y players who have a chance to come to there hometown and have a chance to win a championship would turn it down and again im not mad that hes still in miami b/c i never believed he woulda left miami in the first place i just feel him coming to the bulls and home woulda been a better scenario then what he's in now

No one really thought chicago would be very good or as good as they're now so i think that was what some of the FA were thinking

Flash3
03-09-2011, 07:46 PM

lets not bring up the streets of chicago now ;)

papipapsmanny
03-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Not too sure about this. Bigger market size plays a big factor as well.

any other circumstance that would be true.... but its lebron he would automatically bring his teammates huge publicity.

Varajao........ everyone knew who he was because of lebron and he played on his team, is he still on clev i don't even know

Chi StateOfMind
03-09-2011, 07:48 PM
No one really thought chicago would be very good or as good as they're now so i think that was what some of the FA were thinking

true but dont u think if wade thought well maybe if i come here with someone else(boozer or bosh) maybe we can win and win multiple championships..not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4 lol u get me

Young and Stupid
This is kind of off-topic, but I just wanted to go on record (on PSD) claiming that on March 9th, 2011 after the Heat lost five consecutive games and the NBA was in a state of laughter because of their recent struggles I still have them as my favorite to get out of the East.

I think people are severely overlooking Haslem's impact on this team as well as overreacting to the recent struggles (although they have struggled all season against good teams) the Heat have had. The Heat are still an extremely talented team and definitely have the players necessary to capture a championship. Bosh needs to re-enter his comfort-zone and focus a little more on defending the paint (as well as he can) and rebounding while remaining aggressive on the offensive end. Spoelstra needs to give Wade more of a chance to finish out games down the stretch. The Heat will be fine.

I think they'll get to the finals, but I'm not sure if they can beat the Lakers. We'll see what happens.

knicks4life33
i still find this humeroussssssssssss. not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 ..................

anjoe29
03-09-2011, 07:49 PM
******* the karma ur talking about lebron! hahahaha!:clap:

papipapsmanny
03-09-2011, 07:51 PM
true but dont u think if wade thought well maybe if i come here with someone else(boozer or bosh) maybe we can win and win multiple championships..not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4 lol u get me

hell i was hoping the wizards would trade arenas for nothing

and sign wade and boozer to go along with wall, but us wizards fans have been abused..... I want the Bullets to return but know a bunch of ******* made them change the name (now im just ranting)

Flash3
03-09-2011, 07:52 PM

true true.. his love for Miami i think played another factor he did win a championship here.

Fool
03-09-2011, 07:52 PM
lets not bring up the streets of chicago now ;)

As if Miami's streets are better? How about the roads of Miami?:)

SteBO
03-09-2011, 07:53 PM
any other circumstance that would be true.... but its lebron he would automatically bring his teammates huge publicity.

Varajao........ everyone knew who he was because of lebron and he played on his team, is he still on clev i don't even know
True. I know Bosh was rumored to go there via sign and trade last summer, but he shot it down, because he wanted to go to either CHI or MIA. That was the issue. It didn't help matters either when LeBron was dead set on being non-commital about staying with CLE, it forced guys like Trevor Ariza and Ron Artest away from the Cavs. So I get your point.

Arch Stanton
03-09-2011, 07:57 PM

Varejao is still playing for the Cavs. But he's currently injured and won't return until next season. I think the Cavs want to hold onto him. But may trade him in the last year of his contract. I'm sure LeBron would love him to play for the Heat. But I don't think the Cavs would trade him to the Heat because the Heat have nothing to offer and Dan Gilbert probably doesn't want to help them in any way.

Arch Stanton
03-09-2011, 07:58 PM
hell i was hoping the wizards would trade arenas for nothing

and sign wade and boozer to go along with wall, but us wizards fans have been abused..... I want the Bullets to return but know a bunch of ******* made them change the name (now im just ranting)

Bring the Bullets back to Baltimore!

SteBO
03-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Varejao is still playing for the Cavs. But he's currently injured and won't return until next season. I think the Cavs want to hold onto him. But may trade him in the last year of his contract. I'm sure LeBron would love him to play for the Heat. But I don't think the Cavs would trade him to the Heat because the Heat have nothing to offer and Dan Gilbert probably doesn't want to help them in any way.
Ditto. The latter is probably the main reason CLE will never deal with us in any sort of transaction.

papipapsmanny
03-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Bring the Bullets back to Baltimore!

haha the city doesn't matter to me much I just want the name back they changed it when I was like 7 I was so mad.

This is all off topic, but I am almost positive a team in baltimore could coexist with a team in DC.

much the the nats/Os, Skins/Ravens

Especially for basketball, the area is very big on basketball

knicks4life33
03-09-2011, 09:50 PM
lebron shoulda stayed in clevlanddddd but he messed up his career

LA_Raiders
03-09-2011, 11:22 PM
lol

stonebari44
03-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, LeBron and gang, just proved, that whats on paper necessarily doesn't translate on the floor.

I guess Karma is bitting LeBron in the *****. How hard can it be for all stars to finally gel? Well here is the answer, if they complement each other and have chemistry like Boston, might take them half a season.

If you have 2 ball hogs like Wade and LeBron, who command the ball, maybe never. What i dont understand the Cavs won the Eastern Conference,pretty much by himself, maybe West as his side kick? Now his side kicks are Wade and Bosh, and his team sits currently third in the Eastern Conference.

The Heat are a team, that are waiting to have an implosion. Imagine if they have a 2nd round exit, with 3 Olympians on the team . LeBron took his sorry ***** talents to South Beach, his losing attitude with it and polluted the city of Miami with more losing

Minimal
03-11-2011, 03:28 PM
http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

J-Relo
03-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Well, LeBron and gang, just proved, that whats on paper necessarily doesn't translate on the floor.

I guess Karma is bitting LeBron in the *****. How hard can it be for all stars to finally gel? Well here is the answer, if they complement each other and have chemistry like Boston, might take them half a season.

If you have 2 ball hogs like Wade and LeBron, who command the ball, maybe never. What i dont understand the Cavs won the Eastern Conference,pretty much by himself, maybe West as his side kick? Now his side kicks are Wade and Bosh, and his team sits currently third in the Eastern Conference.

The Heat are a team, that are waiting to have an implosion. Imagine if they have a 2nd round exit, with 3 Olympians on the team . LeBron took his sorry ***** talents to South Beach, his losing attitude with it and polluted the city of Miami with more losing

I congratulate one more hater for creating a tread.

You rip a player who by himself (you said it yourself) put Cavs near the top? Yes, he can't be talented.

Arch Stanton
03-11-2011, 03:33 PM
I think if Miami wins out they'll tie the Cavs record from last year?

JIDsanity
03-11-2011, 03:34 PM
http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSLWjx3Mvt8

JIDsanity
03-11-2011, 03:36 PM
If you dont want to be hated on, dont be a douche. Its simple

Hustlenomics
03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
this Lebron hate is getting old c'mon July was months ago

justinnum1
03-11-2011, 03:39 PM
:facepalm:

RCarlson85
03-11-2011, 03:50 PM
The Miami Heat lost their 21st game tonight to the Portland Trailblazers. They've played 64 games this season.

Last year's Cleveland Cavaliers lost a total of 21 games through 82 regular season contests in last years season.

His current supporting cast features Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, amongst others.

Can't argue with the facts. Here's another fact though: last year when the cavs won 61 games, it wasn't their first season playing together. While Lebron obvoiusly has a better supporting cast now, they haven't even had a full season to adjust and figure out how to play together. His Cleveland team wasn't as talented, but the fact that they were comfortable playing together made a big difference. The Heat will improve and win more games with more time playing together.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 03:52 PM
First year together jackasses, first year...

RZZZA
03-11-2011, 03:53 PM

thats a powerful argument, a mighty powerful argument.

can it be said that expectations were a tad bit too high going into the season? :eyebrow:

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 04:11 PM

can it be said that expectations were a tad bit too high going into the season? :eyebrow:

Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

JordansBulls
03-11-2011, 04:14 PM

I don't think it is hate when people said The Cavs were bad outside of Lebron. Honestly I just think Lebron plays better in a system than with a bunch of stars.

JordansBulls
03-11-2011, 04:14 PM
The Celtics trio first year together they won 66 games.

RCarlson85
03-11-2011, 04:15 PM

I think it can be said that expectations were too high...I would agree with that. I think people (probably me included) expected more out of this team, which probably wasn't realistic in their first season together.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 04:15 PM

cool

blastmasta26
03-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Those Cavs were built entirely around LeBron, they knew that he was the main man at all times. The team wasn't as good as Miami is now. The Heat are only in their first season, and still have issues regarding chemistry/offensive strategy. Plus, Wade was injured in the preseason and they got off to a weak start and the East is stronger than last year as well. So the Cavs may have had a better record, but that doesn't mean they were a better team.

daleja424
03-11-2011, 04:26 PM
the official get a life and stop hating on the heat post...

blastmasta26
03-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah, but the Celtics fit better and worked as a team. Ray Allen off the ball shooter, Pierce was their main go to guy, KG was the defensive anchor and paint presence. Miami still hasn't defined roles for their trio.

brodawgs
03-11-2011, 04:29 PM
It takes years to build real good chemistry, not months, especially since these players command more shots than the likes of Garnett, Peirce, and Allen. Finding a rhythm for the Heat could take a long time because these caliber of players have never been brought together like this to play in a league which features good teams with lots of chemistry. To start the year, it seemed like either people were like "They have no depth, they'll never win in the playoffs" or "LeBron, Wade, and Bosh will be unstoppable, 6 rings for the next 6 years." Well, neither of these will be the case. I believe that this year will be and is a year to work out the kinks, they could win it all, but that would be a HUGE accomplishment given their situation. The Cavs of last year were a team full of people who absolutely knew what their roles were: get the ball to Lebron while providing some distractions for the opposing team. Even the Lakers don't have that kind of identity, there is more than one person who will want to take shots, especially when they matter. Starting next year and the following years, if you're smart you'd put your money on the Heat to have the best record, and likely win it all, this year though, I would not expect the Heat to have the same kind of record as the Cavs of last year.

stonebari44
03-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Hustlenomics
Legendary Join Date: Jun 2010

Yes i agree, THE DECISION, was months ago. If you read my post it has nothing to do with the decision of GOING to Miami. My post is about the result and pointing out that there were people out there saying yhat this wouldn't work. You needed to play a full season in order to come to that conclusion! Everything in July was speculation, im pointing out facts months later and proving those haters in July, that they were right.

Arch Stanton
03-14-2011, 05:10 PM
I don't think it is hate when people said The Cavs were bad outside of Lebron. Honestly I just think Lebron plays better in a system than with a bunch of stars.

I agree. And the year before last the Cavs won 66 games.

RenegadeRiot36
03-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Also remember that at the end of last year, the cavs sat Ledouche and mo for like 4 games. Just sayin...

Jonathan2323
03-14-2011, 05:40 PM
didn't the Mavericks go 67-15 a couple years ago and lose in the 1st round.

HEAT are built for the playoffs with their good defense and multiple players that can get their own shot.

Arch Stanton
03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
didn't the Mavericks go 67-15 a couple years ago and lose in the 1st round.

HEAT are built for the playoffs with their good defense and multiple players that can get their own shot.

I agree. But I think we were arguing that the Cavs weren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

Rain 816
03-14-2011, 06:08 PM

u do kno we r 2-0 vs LA with our "xbox offense" right:nod:

jules77
03-14-2011, 06:12 PM
So what they will lose more games than last year's cavs Its a moot point because they can still go on a playoff run and win the title

Gram
03-14-2011, 09:31 PM
In before mod comes and unnecessarily locks this thread. :cool:

t_money25
03-15-2011, 10:11 AM

Since you put it that way how about this;

'10-11 Cavaliers officially cannot finish with a better record than the '09-10 Heat.

They've lost their 53rd game of the season. They've played a total of 64 games.

Last year's Miami Heat lost a total of 35 games through 82 regular season contests in last year's season.

Both teams did not feature Lebron James.

These are facts. The are undisputed. :rolleyes:

JNA17
03-15-2011, 10:17 AM
I'll have fun with the Heat embarrassing themselves if they lose in the first or second round.

JordansBulls
03-15-2011, 01:28 PM
I'll have fun with the Heat embarrassing themselves if they lose in the first or second round.

Only team they could play in round 1 that could upset them are the Knicks.