PDA

View Full Version : Did the Celtics come out on top after the trade dineline

JasonJohnHorn
03-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Many Boston fans were more than a little bummed to see Perkins gone, but with Arroyo, Green, Krestic and Murphy all suiting up (some via trade, some via signigns), it seems that the Celtics are in better shape than they were going into the season.

Denver also made out like bandits, turning a potential free agency loss into huge gains. And of course NJ got arguably the best PG in the league.

So who came out on top after the trade deadline.

210Don
03-08-2011, 10:57 PM
no way in hell

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Celtics won all of their trades.

Hustlenomics
03-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Celtics were on top before the trade and now after they still are

redsox0717
03-08-2011, 11:03 PM
They traded damaged goods for very solid pieces

KmB728
03-08-2011, 11:11 PM
All 5 players we traded are now hurt....AND Nenad has been a huge surprise

I miss the guys we got rid of but I think we made out okay...especially if you factor in the signings of Murphy Arroyo and Pavlovic

Carey
03-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Boston did well, Jeff Green is a better fit for them then he was us and Krstic has played well with more offensive opportunities with the C's. I think Perkins should be allowed to play a game before we are judged one way or the other, Nate Robinson was a throw in, just a fit from a salary standpoint, he wasnt playing whether he got hurt or not, i think its laughable the spin thats trying to be put on this.

WHODAT8o8
03-08-2011, 11:32 PM
That's what I've been saying all along. At first I was torn at trading Perkins, but we are better after the trade.

DJakk
03-08-2011, 11:34 PM
The Celtics also helped set themselves up for the future. Ray Allen will retire and then Pierce can play SG and Jeff Green can play SF. Perkins can easily be replaced by many big men that will be on the market soon.

avrpatsfan
03-08-2011, 11:42 PM
no way in hell
Oh really? 5 wins in a row is not coming out on top? Funny.

210Don
03-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Oh really? 5 wins in a row is not coming out on top? Funny.

please meet la or chicago and your done. yes i think chicago can beat you.which i would not have said before the trades.

Hustlenomics
03-08-2011, 11:47 PM
please meet la or chicago and your done. yes i think chicago can beat you.which i would not have said before the trades.

Celtics beat Chicago twice without Perkins no problem

balla4life22
03-08-2011, 11:49 PM
kristic is beasting. jeff green is doing sick off the bench and playing during crunch time. then murphy,arroyo,pavlovic>>>>daniels erden harangody. Yes they definitely are

210Don
03-08-2011, 11:51 PM

i think they can pull the upset late in the playoffs. maybe im wrong. ces will match up well with spurs but if they meet the lakers its a done deal 3peat

Slimsim
03-08-2011, 11:53 PM
NJ would have the best trade if D will Stays

Boston Always win

Denver Did a good job in getting value back in the trade. Wish they play mozzy more

BostonBro9
03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Jeff Green > Perkins (Different Positions.. But best two players in trade.. Green more skilled)
Kristic > Robinson (More useful in the offense, Team defense doesn't lose or gain anything)
Pavlovic = Marques Daniels (Daniels may have been useful next year, Definitely more talented then Pavlovic, but the injury makes this trade off equal)
Troy Murphy > Semih Erden (Pretty Obvious, Experience/Offense)
Arroyo > Luke Harangody (More useful backup, I was a big Harangody guy after draft, but not really useful during a championship run )

Hard to choose who too compare to who.. did it by overall talent/value/position.. But the Celtics have a better group of 5 post trade deadline the Pre.

ilovemyangel
03-09-2011, 12:18 AM

i love it when ppl on the forum seemed so cocksure about something. :clap:

210Don
03-09-2011, 12:20 AM
i love it when ppl on the forum seemed so cocksure about something. :clap:

i did say i think....

abe_froman
03-09-2011, 12:32 AM
i think so,perk has been having more injury issues than everyone thought and they werent going to re-sign him ,so it worked getting green who's good

ilovemyangel
03-09-2011, 12:34 AM

nuff said.

a4anthony
03-09-2011, 12:51 AM
nuff said.

:laugh2:

Some people seem to forget we beat chicago apparently.

DeadlyVeyerus31
03-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Chicago won because they didn't trade Asik!

acehole
03-09-2011, 01:01 AM

Knicks beat them twice without Melo but I highly doubt anyones gonna admit to NY being better than Chicago.

210Don
03-09-2011, 01:12 AM
oh yes i did say that lol and i agree with myself

iggypop123
03-09-2011, 01:47 AM
we havent seen what the thunder can do, probably because their doctors must have taken a vacation during the all star break. the celtics they are a cocky team that basically said no matter what is at center they can win, so that will be tested.

king_couttsy
03-09-2011, 02:37 AM
kristic is beasting.

Words I never, ever thought any self-respecting basketball fan would utter.

The dude is a ***** - he threw a chair at an opponent in the World Champs in Turkey, and then ran away.

He will never, ever be "beasting".

Perkins is, was and always will be a better player.

totheights
03-09-2011, 02:41 AM

The dude is a ***** - he threw a chair at an opponent in the World Champs in Turkey, and then ran away.

Perkins is, was and always will be a better player.

Thanks captain obvious. You won't find a single person who thinks Krstic is a better player than Perkins (he WAS however a better player than Perkins when he was with the Nets before he had knee surgery). Krstic was swapped for Nate Robinson, Green was traded for Perkins.

CowboysKB24
03-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Celtics knew something everyone else didn't. If they believed in Perkins they would not have traded him. They are on their last legs... the big 3 is getting there and Doc has been talking about taking time off. So yes, the Celtics did come out on top. Jeff Green is a great young player that fits great with the Cs. Kristic fits well too.

king_couttsy
03-09-2011, 02:52 AM
Thanks captain obvious. You won't find a single person who thinks Krstic is a better player than Perkins (he WAS however a better player than Perkins when he was with the Nets before he had knee surgery). Krstic was swapped for Nate Robinson, Green was traded for Perkins.

Well, you've also clearly stated the obvious. But the poster seems to think that picking up Krstic fills the hole that losing Perkins had opened. I'm saying it didn't.

Krstic is a nothing.

That's what I'm getting at.

No need to be condescending.

shep33
03-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Honestly we don't know yet, and I think Celtic fans would agree, because we haven't seen Boston play a good team since that deal went down. They haven't played Miami, Chicago, Orlando, New York etc. Although out of respect to the Celts i still think they're the best.

Since the trade the Celtics have beaten the Clippers, Jazz, Suns, Warriors and Bucks.
And 4 of those games were victories of 7 points or less. I still think Boston is the beast of the east, but we have not see how they matchup with the rest of the east's elite post trade.

C-Wick925
03-09-2011, 03:06 AM
IMO the celtics lost this trade, they are 3 weeks away from putting everyone at the center position in diapers,(do they make depends that will fit shaq?) big young centers arent the easiest to come by esp deep in the playoffs

IDB Josh M
03-09-2011, 03:24 AM
I do find it interesting that the Celtics traded to get their draft pick back. How come nobody mentions the irony of this?

LAOwnsAll15
03-09-2011, 03:27 AM
The Celtics always add mediocre parts to their roster at this time of the year, wether it be mediocre players or washed up vets trying to get onboard a winning team

If it wasnt acquisition of the big 3, i would have to say their front office is major average at best.

Raph12
03-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Only time will tell, a playoffs matchup with Dwight Howard and the Lakers bigs will tell us if they came out better or worse...

Lake_Show2416
03-09-2011, 03:55 AM
they'll miss Perk come playoff time, now that they traded their excuse.

totheights
03-09-2011, 03:58 AM
The Celtics always add mediocre parts to their roster at this time of the year, wether it be mediocre players or washed up vets trying to get onboard a winning team

If it wasnt acquisition of the big 3, i would have to say their front office is major average at best.

:facepalm:

The Celtics don't win the title in 08 without the mediocre parts of PJ Brown and Sam Cassell.

Anyway, if it wasn't for Chris Wallace who gave Pau Gasol away for nothing, I would say the Lakers from office is major average at best.

See I can play that game too.

shep33
03-09-2011, 04:21 AM
I respect Boston out of this world, and i'm a Laker fan. I still got them notched as the favorites out east. However, like I said I'm sure Boston fans themselves are still curious about how they'll match up against teams like Miami, Chicago, Orlando, New York etc.

Now don't think of it as in Perk vs no Perk... its more about how the new guys perform against the elite teams, and we haven't seen it yet. Boston is playing well since the break, I think they've won 5 games, but 5 games against non-playoff teams... and a few have been tight. That doesn't mean Boston isn't good, like i said they're still my faves out east, its just that they're still learning how to play with the new guys.

Again... I think Boston fans would agree, that nobody knows how well this trade will go until they start playing some better teams. Still though, they're the EC champs and I gotta give them the nod out of respect.

Lim
03-09-2011, 07:02 AM
if shaq and JO can get healthy for the playoffs they will be fine. both were playing well defensively b4 they got hurt

YankeesR#2
03-09-2011, 08:00 AM
The Celtics are a better team than they were before the trade but Oklahoma City also improved themselves for the future when they signed Perk after the trade.

It was one of those rare trades with both sides getting better.

I think Shaq will be motivated to keep the LA Lakers from winning their 12th championship.

magichatnumber9
03-09-2011, 08:05 AM

Perkins is, was and always will be a better player.What about your boy Melo and slapgate?

magichatnumber9
03-09-2011, 08:08 AM
I do find it interesting that the Celtics traded to get their draft pick back. How come nobody mentions the irony of this?He came back a better player then he would of if the C's had kept him. Danny has made some good moves if you think about it.

king_couttsy
03-09-2011, 08:29 AM
What about your boy Melo and slapgate?

What about it??

I was embarrassed for the guy.

cowboysceltics
03-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Everybody is focusing on how the celtics deal affects this year and this year only. Would like to remind everyone that the celtics also the clippers 1 round pick. The clippers have a history of being a lottery pick. If blake Griffin gets hurt next year the celtics could have the first pick overall. A lot can happen!

magichatnumber9
03-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Everybody is focusing on how the celtics deal affects this year and this year only. Would like to remind everyone that the celtics also the clippers 1 round pick. The clippers have a history of being a lottery pick. If blake Griffin gets hurt next year the celtics could have the first pick overall. A lot can happen!I think that pick is lottery protected.

bagwell368
03-09-2011, 08:45 AM
IMO the celtics lost this trade, they are 3 weeks away from putting everyone at the center position in diapers,(do they make depends that will fit shaq?) big young centers arent the easiest to come by esp deep in the playoffs

Perk is 26 years old, has two bad knees, a bad shoulder. In the last 5 years he's averaged 25 minutes per game, that's not what a starter plays, that's what an important role player plays. The Celts would have been outbid for him over the summer (they have a limit that they can pay) and gotten nothing.

He's not playing now, so with no trade KG would be playing more, and Shaq couldn't continue his vacation.

Nothing like informed fans making comments. Sadly you are not one of them.

goshhhjosh
03-09-2011, 08:47 AM
they'll miss Perk come playoff time, now that they traded their excuse.

Bynum was a pretty big excuse after 2008 lest you forget.

bagwell368
03-09-2011, 08:48 AM
I think that pick is lottery protected.

#1-10 - is protected

bagwell368
03-09-2011, 08:51 AM
The Celtics are a better team than they were before the trade but Oklahoma City also improved themselves for the future when they signed Perk after the trade.

It was one of those rare trades with both sides getting better.

I think Shaq will be motivated to keep the LA Lakers from winning their 12th championship.

We'll see about Perk. The guy has played only 90% of his teams games in his career, and averaged 25 min per game the last 5 years. He's got two bad knees and a bum shoulder and he's only 26. But with all the extra weight he plays with he looks like he's 31.

magichatnumber9
03-09-2011, 08:55 AM
#1-10 - is protectedI should of known that

bagwell368
03-09-2011, 08:58 AM

Oh sure... Out of the gate Kristc is a better offensive rebounder then Perk, and he's a vastly superior offensive player. Green gives the Celts a nice #4 in a small fast line-up and an excellent back up for Pierce. All the extra rest Pierce can get now will only help in the playoffs.

Perk is a beat up role player that they could not resign, and Nate is only worth his expiring contract.

They got a big who while he is fading will be fresh enough come Finals time that he can throw some body on the effete Lakers bigs. Only one of those guys shoots well enough at the line that an automatic foul might not pay off. Kobe is in the earlier phases of his decline. Fisher is a monumental defensive liability. We have to beat the Bulls and you have to beat the Spurs first.

The two guards they picked up are auditioning for 3rd string duty at the #1 and #2. Wow, what a terrible thing that is.:facepalm::facepalm:

So pretty much you're wrong across the board. I really like how Lakers fans in particular think the nonsense they spew is like sticking pins in a voodoo doll. If we do it enough maybe we'll get one more, because this is the last shot for a long time.....

Hustlenomics
03-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Honestly we don't know yet, and I think Celtic fans would agree, because we haven't seen Boston play a good team since that deal went down. They haven't played Miami, Chicago, Orlando, New York etc. Although out of respect to the Celts i still think they're the best.

Since the trade the Celtics have beaten the Clippers, Jazz, Suns, Warriors and Bucks.
And 4 of those games were victories of 7 points or less. I still think Boston is the beast of the east, but we have not see how they matchup with the rest of the east's elite post trade.

well they smacked those teams without Perk. now they add Jeff Green, Kristic, and many others so they shouldn't pull a Miami heat :shrug:

MickeyMgl
03-09-2011, 09:04 AM
The Celtics - Perkins/Robinson + Green/Krstic/Murphy = Net Gain

[Edit: Forgot to add Arroyo and Pavlovic.]

NewSoxDynasty
03-09-2011, 11:26 AM
After waiting in the "dineline" for an hour, KG was disappointed that his garlic mashed potatoes were lukewarm. I feel for ya KG. I feel for ya.

THE MTL
03-09-2011, 11:36 AM
I said NJ made the best trade of the deadline (if Deron Williams stays).

And NYC is on their way to become ELITE!

Celtics were good before and are good after. So it really didnt make too much of a difference.

AntiG
03-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Don't forget that the Celtics got the Clippers' 1st round draft pick (which was previously traded to OKC). While it really sucks to lose a defensive beast and great teammate like Perk, the trade was at least Par, if not a win.

DenButsu
03-09-2011, 12:29 PM
I think the OP makes some valid points. But to me the jury will be out until the postseason. The importance of KP in Boston's playoff successes really can't be underestimated, so it will be revelatory to see whether the new Boston replacements can compensate for his absence, and also how well he'll play for OKC.

But for now, after seeing all the injuries, it definitely looks better than it did right at the deadline.

Ripper Gein
03-09-2011, 01:33 PM
:facepalm:

The Celtics don't win the title in 08 without the mediocre parts of PJ Brown and Sam Cassell.

Anyway, if it wasn't for Chris Wallace who gave Pau Gasol away for nothing, I would say the Lakers from office is major average at best.

See I can play that game too.

That is why the Lakers are NEVER irrelavent unlike the c's from 86-08:D

Ripper Gein
03-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Bynum was a pretty big excuse after 2008 lest you forget.

How many times did Phil say "If we had our ENTIRE team we wouldve won" NON! :eyebrow:

Ripper Gein
03-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Oh sure... Out of the gate Kristc is a better offensive rebounder then Perk, and he's a vastly superior offensive player. Green gives the Celts a nice #4 in a small fast line-up and an excellent back up for Pierce. All the extra rest Pierce can get now will only help in the playoffs.

Perk is a beat up role player that they could not resign, and Nate is only worth his expiring contract.

They got a big who while he is fading will be fresh enough come Finals time that he can throw some body on the effete Lakers bigs. Only one of those guys shoots well enough at the line that an automatic foul might not pay off. Kobe is in the earlier phases of his decline. Fisher is a monumental defensive liability. We have to beat the Bulls and you have to beat the Spurs first.

The two guards they picked up are auditioning for 3rd string duty at the #1 and #2. Wow, what a terrible thing that is.:facepalm::facepalm:

So pretty much you're wrong across the board. I really like how Lakers fans in particular think the nonsense they spew is like sticking pins in a voodoo doll. If we do it enough maybe we'll get one more, because this is the last shot for a long time.....

Its HILARIOUS how 1! I said 1! championship since 86 gets c's all Cocky:facepalm:

smith&wesson
03-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Ya celtics got some good additions. murphy and kristic are great off the bench and green is a young talent you can keep around once your older guys retire .. pretty solid moves.

Ecko72jc
03-09-2011, 02:10 PM
[/COLOR][/U]

Its HILARIOUS how 1! I said 1! championship since 86 gets c's all Cocky:facepalm:

1 championship since 86 and you fools still couldn't catch up in total titles. Step your game up.

Ripper Gein
03-09-2011, 02:15 PM
1 championship since 86 and you fools still couldn't catch up in total titles. Step your game up.

Huh!?! Lakers 7 Titles since 86 Jizz is a Horrible thing to Swallow young man:D

Ecko72jc
03-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Huh!?! Lakers 7 Titles since 86 Jizz is a Horrible thing to Swallow young man:D

And there have been 6 championships by three different teams over here in a decade. All you have is the Lakers. And their still second best.

ElMarroAfamado
03-09-2011, 02:21 PM
bump this thread after the playoffs....

Ripper Gein
03-09-2011, 02:22 PM
And there have been 6 championships by three different teams over here in a decade. All you have is the Lakers. And their still second best.

Okayyy:eyebrow: Your point is well taken even though I have NO idea what the point is:D

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Many Boston fans were more than a little bummed to see Perkins gone, but with Arroyo, Green, Krestic and Murphy all suiting up (some via trade, some via signigns), it seems that the Celtics are in better shape than they were going into the season.

Denver also made out like bandits, turning a potential free agency loss into huge gains. And of course NJ got arguably the best PG in the league.

So who came out on top after the trade deadline.

With Robinson and Perkins injured, probably so.

IDB Josh M
03-09-2011, 03:35 PM
He came back a better player then he would of if the C's had kept him. Danny has made some good moves if you think about it.

No disagreement here! Danny Ainge does things that would make Red proud. (I wonder if Boston fans will acknowledge that Jerry West did and Mitch does things that make Red proud as well)

shep33
03-09-2011, 03:47 PM
well they smacked those teams without Perk. now they add Jeff Green, Kristic, and many others so they shouldn't pull a Miami heat :shrug:

Haha no they won't pull a Heat. But, yeah I get what your saying, but we still don't know how good they are with their new team against the East's best, it's impossible to tell until they play them. Until then we're making assumptions, which is fine but they still have no legitamacy. The reason I say this is that teams out east are playing different now, the Bulls for instance are a better team than earlier this season, Orlando is a very dangerous team when someone outside of Howard is getting it done, New York although still early to judge still have a good trio of Billups, Melo and Stat. So it's not that i think any of these teams are better than Boston, but I think that they have improved since Boston last played them.

I still think Boston is the best out east even after the trades, however what people are worried about is that rebounding and that size advantage may become a problem in the playoffs if Shaq and JO aren't ready. Kristic has played really well so far, but come playoffs if Shaq or JO aren't ready that means Kristic is going to have to guard Howard one on one for the majority of the game. In all truth Jeff Green is a great player, but when Ainge made that move, there is no doubt he made it assuming Shaq and JO would be ready come playoff time. Hopefully they are.

Again i think they're the best out east, but we can't tell just yet until they matchup with some of the other elite teams out east. They have to get Shaq and JO rolling again too before the playoffs start, just to regain game shape, and get that defensive chemistry brewing again.

unwantedplayer
03-09-2011, 03:48 PM
i think they can pull the upset late in the playoffs. maybe im wrong. ces will match up well with spurs but if they meet the lakers its a done deal 3peat

and if they meet the spurs?

Sportfan
03-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Too early to tell right now.

1. They haven't faced a tough team yet

2. A lot of guys are still hurt. Let's see how they look with Delonte, Shaq, JO, Baby, Wafer all healthy with the current unit.