PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 NBA All-Rookie Team..?

NiTiNoZ
03-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Don't know if this is already posted...

PG: John Wall
SG: Landry Fields
SF: Evan Turner or Wes Johnson (no clear cut winner)
PF: Blake Griffin
C: DeMarcus Cousins

What do you guys think... Greg Monroe from detroit is also noteworthy

i put those SF up there but in on honestly they have been total disappointments...

Sadds The Gr8
03-08-2011, 07:33 PM
u know the all-rookie team doesn't have to be 1 player per position right? it's simply the top 5 rookies, unlike the all-NBA team.

Wall
Fields
Cousins
Griffin
Neal

Red Hot Rolllin
03-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I think only four deserve it kinda poor after the first four players.

Wes and Evan are ok if I had to add someone it would be Neal

gbrl
03-08-2011, 09:15 PM
u know the all-rookie team doesn't have to be 1 player per position right? it's simply the top 5 rookies, unlike the all-NBA team.

Wall
Fields
Cousins
Griffin
Neal

then id say
griffin
wall
cousins
fields
monroe

THE GIPPER
03-08-2011, 09:29 PM
^ i agree but ed davis instead of monroe imo

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Wall
Fields
Neal
Blake
Cousins

aussiepiston
03-08-2011, 09:48 PM
^ i agree but ed davis instead of monroe imo

I understand i have an obvious bias here but how the hell can that case be made?

Davis gets less minutes/rebounds/points playing on a worse team? He also has only half the double-doubles of Monroe.

Khalifa21
03-08-2011, 09:48 PM
1st team:

John Wall
Landry Fields
Blake Griffin
DeMarcus Cousins
Greg Monroe

2nd team:

Eric Bledsoe
Evan Turner
Wes Johnson
Gary Neal
Ed Davis

210Don
03-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Gary Neal>

Swashcuff
03-08-2011, 09:54 PM
1st team:

John Wall
Landry Fields
Blake Griffin
DeMarcus Cousins
Greg Monroe

2nd team:

Eric Bledsoe
Evan Turner
Wes Johnson
Gary Neal
Ed Davis

Solid post, I fully agree but with the way Gary Neal has been playing as of recent he could quite possibly find himself worthy of a first team nod by season's end.

Sadds The Gr8
03-08-2011, 09:55 PM
ye i have Neal too but by the end of the season i think Monroe will be in there over him

IndiansFan337
03-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Don't know if this is already posted...

PG: John Wall
SG: Landry Fields
SF: Evan Turner or Wes Johnson (no clear cut winner)
PF: Blake Griffin
C: DeMarcus Cousins

What do you guys think... Greg Monroe from detroit is also noteworthy

i put those SF up there but in on honestly they have been total disappointments...

I'm pretty sure this is voted on like the All-NBA teams....So 2 G's, 2 F's and 1 C.

Wall, Cousins and Griffin are locks. Fields, Neal, Turner, Johnson and Monroe are battling for those last two spots on the 1st team. Neal is probably behind the other 4, although he is making an impact on the best team in the NBA that is full of veterans, whereas the other are on mediocre or losing teams where they get a lot more PT.

Swashcuff
03-08-2011, 10:02 PM
ye i have Neal too but by the end of the season i think Monroe will be in there over him

They've both been playing some of their best basketball of the season recently but I would believe that there'd be a hike in Neal's minutes down the stretch which IF he capitalizes on may see him getting first team talk/consideration. I actually don't think he'll be there but its not a long shot by any means.

fadedmario
03-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Monroe vs Cousins (last 30 games) - since they have been getting steady PT

Greg Monroe

12.2 ppg - 8.8 rpg - 59 FG%

DeMarcus Cousins

16.3 ppg - 9.1 rpg - 43 FG%

Also Monroe since the all-star break is averaging

15.7 ppg - 11.1 rpg - 59 FG%

I'd take Monroe as my starting center 1st team.

These are my top 5 rookies in this order

1 Griffin
2 Monroe
3 Wall
4 Cousins
5 Fields

2-5 are all real close though...

fadedmario
03-08-2011, 10:06 PM
1st team:

John Wall
Landry Fields
Blake Griffin
DeMarcus Cousins
Greg Monroe

2nd team:

Eric Bledsoe
Evan Turner
Wes Johnson
Gary Neal
Ed Davis

That will be the all rookie 1st team

knicksfan42
03-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Fields is a lock for the 1st team.

10 PPG, 51% FG%, 40% 3P%, 7 RPG, 2 APG, 1 SPG.

Oh and he won Eastern conference rookie of the month twice.

Swashcuff
03-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Fields is a lock for the 1st team.

10 PPG, 51% FG%, 40% 3P%, 7 RPG, 2 APG, 1 SPG.

Oh and he won Eastern conference rookie of the month twice.

Fixed

knicksfan42
03-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Fixed

Thanks, I'll fix it in my post too.

Swashcuff
03-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Monroe vs Cousins (last 30 games) - since they have been getting steady PT

Greg Monroe

12.2 ppg - 8.8 rpg - 59 FG%

DeMarcus Cousins

16.3 ppg - 9.1 rpg - 43 FG%

Also Monroe since the all-star break is averaging

15.7 ppg - 11.1 rpg - 59 FG%

I'd take Monroe as my starting center 1st team.

These are my top 5 rookies in this order

1 Griffin
2 Monroe
3 Wall
4 Cousins
5 Fields

Really dude.

I guess its good that that is your list and no one else. While Monroe has been playing well lately both Wall and Fields have had extended success over the course of the season.

I could hear and fully understand your argument against Cousins but he hasn't been better than Fields or Wall.

fadedmario
03-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Really dude.

I guess its good that that is your list and no one else. While Monroe has been playing well lately both Wall and Fields have had extended success over the course of the season.

I could hear and fully understand your argument against Cousins but he hasn't been better than Fields or Wall.

According to the "experts". They have Monroe at 2 also. Check your facts... :facepalm:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings?&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings
:win:

bbcmillionaire
03-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Shoutout to omer asik from the bulls

Swashcuff
03-08-2011, 10:29 PM
According to the "experts". They have Monroe at 2 also. Check your facts... :facepalm:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings?&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings
:win:

The "experts" base their entire ranking solely on PER. If Ed Davis played 10 more games he in all likeliness would be ahead of John Wall as well.

If you want to go along with the "experts" and ignore all what Landry Fields has been able to do this season you go right ahead. Those same "experts" have wrongly predicted the fate lowly Cavs this season of http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2010/news/story?page=Predictions1011-Cavaliers. Among the many other instances where they have been wrong.

So you go right ahead with the "experts" and us real posters will go with what we have seen over the course of the season.

fadedmario
03-08-2011, 10:35 PM
The "experts" base their entire ranking solely on PER. If Ed Davis played 10 more games he in all likeliness would be ahead of John Wall as well.

If you want to go along with the "experts" and ignore all what Landry Fields has been able to do this season you go right ahead. Those same "experts" have wrongly predicted the fate lowly Cavs this season of http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2010/news/story?page=Predictions1011-Cavaliers. Among the many other instances where they have been wrong.

So you go right ahead with the "experts" and us real posters will go with what we have seen over the course of the season.

Wall and Fields have hit the rookie wall. Monroe is plowing right through it. You lose. Quit Hating. Monroe is 15.7 ppg - 11.1 rpg - 59 FG% since the break. Sorry I'm not a "real" poster. I don't wan't to be anyway - it sounds gay...

knicksfan42
03-08-2011, 10:42 PM
since the break.

So for less than half of the season. While Fields and Wall have been playing at a high level the entire year. Players get judged on their play for the (entire) season, not a select amount of time.

fadedmario
03-08-2011, 10:44 PM
So for less than half of the season. While Fields and Wall have been playing at a high level the entire year. Players get judged on their play for the (entire) season, not a select amount of time.

Since becoming a starter is fair.

Swashcuff
03-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Wall and Fields have hit the rookie wall. Monroe is plowing right through it. You lose. Quit Hating. Monroe is 15.7 ppg - 11.1 rpg - 59 FG% since the break. Sorry I'm not a "real" poster. I don't wan't to be anyway - it sounds gay...

John Wall is averaging 18.6 ppg, 5.0 rpg (#1 among all PGs) and 8.8 apg since the ASG.

Landry Fields is averaging 9.4 ppg, 5.4 apg (second only to Dwyane Wade among guards) while shooting 43% from the 3 since the ASG.

So what are you talking about hitting the rookie wall? Fields has actually shot better as his season has progressed while John Wall is playing some of his best basketball.

They both played much better than Monroe in the first half which accounts for a greater portion of their play and Fields has been able to do that while being one of the better defensive if not the best defensive rookie this season.

fadedmario
03-08-2011, 10:45 PM
and I never said anything was wrong with Fields. I still have him and Wall in my top 5 (previous post). Moose is just getting better every game. The numbers don't lie.

gbrl
03-08-2011, 10:48 PM
whats cousins numbers post all star break hasnt he been beasting lately