PDA

View Full Version : Can Denver upset any of the top 4 seeds out west?

JordansBulls
03-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Can Denver upset any of the top 4 seeds out west?

Currently they are the 5th seed, but only are 1.5 ahead of the 8th seeded team. Which of the top 4 teams could they possibly upset in a series?

SteBO
03-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Thunder

AddiX
03-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Thunder or Dallas IMO. They match up well with those teams. The energy, depth, and nene make them tough team to deal with because there is no oe or two guys you have to stop.

sp1derm00
03-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I think they can upset any of the Top 4, Spurs and Lakers included.

They're solid all around and play a lot better defense than before.

Against the Lakers, they have Felton and Lawson who are both capable of lighting up the Lakers defense. They also have no superstar for Ron to guard, and Ron tends to be better at guarding a star player than at guarding non-star players. He seems to try harder.

Denver is sorta scary.

kntresistheheat
03-08-2011, 01:55 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day, Let me tell you with that deep bench they have they can outlast any team right now. I would think a team with a weak bench might get beat (LA?) I would still say dallas??

Game_Over
03-08-2011, 02:00 PM
I put Thunder because we seem to own them for some reason but as for anyone else maybe Dallas but we really don't have a go to guy. I know we have Depth but in the playoffs you really need to have a go to guy for series. Sure we can win a game or two when everyone is on but everyone being on 4 games out of best of 7 I'm not seeing it.

jiggin
03-08-2011, 02:02 PM
maybe the thunder.

I think Portland has a good shot of upsetting a first round opponent, especially if they get healthy prior to the playoffs.

Lake_Show2416
03-08-2011, 02:16 PM
the west is too top heavy, they arent upsetting any of those teams

J4KOP99
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Scenario:

Nuggets vs. ?? with 3 minutes to go. The game is tied at 91 but the Nuggets have gone cold. Who on earth are they going too? None of those guys can really create their own shot on a consistent basis.

Can you rely on Nene to get you big buckets? Gallinari? Jr Smith? Felton/Lawson? Chandler? Afflalo?

That's what hurts them IMO.

Lakers-Kobe, Gasol, LO, Fisher
Spurs-Manu, TP, Duncan
Mavs-Dirk, Terry, Kidd(always makes the right decisions)
Thunder-Durant, Westbrook

The Nuggets don't have those guys that can create for themselves on a consistent basis, especially when you need it late in games.

They are a very solid team with a deep roster though.

johnnychan
03-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Mavs if anybody, no way they beat the Spurs or Lakers.

HakeemTheDream
03-08-2011, 02:37 PM
If anyone in the West will cause a huge upset, it's the Memphis Grizzlies.

They've beat the Lakers twice. They've beat the Spurs without Rudy Gay. And they've swept the Mavs this season. Keep an eye on them.

Mudvayne91
03-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Thunder or Dallas IMO. They match up well with those teams. The energy, depth, and nene make them tough team to deal with because there is no oe or two guys you have to stop.

I agree with these two teams. Not saying it will happen, but I like their chances much more. And honestly, I think Dallas is overrated. I'm sure I'll catch some grief for saying it though.

Da Knicks
03-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Scenario:

Nuggets vs. ?? with 3 minutes to go. The game is tied at 91 but the Nuggets have gone cold. Who on earth are they going too? None of those guys can really create their own shot on a consistent basis.

Can you rely on Nene to get you big buckets? Gallinari? Jr Smith? Felton/Lawson? Chandler? Afflalo?

Spurs-Manu, TP, Duncan

The Nuggets don't have those guys that can create for themselves on a consistent basis, especially when you need it late in games.

Gallo is what makes them scary, dude can get to the line and is automatic from there.

KnickFanSince91
03-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Scenario:

Spurs-Manu, TP, Duncan

This. They're deep but they don't have anybody that's clutch. You can win a game, maybe 2 on energy alone but they're not going to win 4 versus any of the top teams in the West. Every team has at least one bright star and Denver has a collection of flashlights.

KnickFanSince91
03-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Gallo is what makes them scary, dude can get to the line and is automatic from there.

:facepalm:

Gallo is Mr. Second Quarter. He's nothing to be afraid of when the game is on the line.

allSUAVE
03-08-2011, 03:57 PM
They going to Upset the lakers!

Trace
03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Scenario:

Spurs-Manu, TP, Duncan

Ty Lawson or Affalo

MFFL==FML
03-08-2011, 05:42 PM
If anyone in the West will cause a huge upset, it's the Memphis Grizzlies.

They've beat the Lakers twice. They've beat the Spurs without Rudy Gay. And they've swept the Mavs this season. Keep an eye on them.

I'm not sure if you know what a "sweep" is, by this response you don't, so I'll go ahead and inform you on what it is. A sweep is when a team beats another team for all the games they were scheduled to play. This would mean the Grizzlies are 4-0 (they played 4 times this season) against the Mavericks which is not the case.

MFFL==FML
03-08-2011, 05:47 PM
I agree with these two teams. Not saying it will happen, but I like their chances much more. And honestly, I think Dallas is overrated. I'm sure I'll catch some grief for saying it though.

Yeah I know, they have the 3rd best record in the NBA and all you hear is how awesome they are and how they are the favorites to win. You never hear this about the Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, and until recently the Heat. Mavericks are just so overrated, they only swept the Celtics and Heat, 1-2 with the Spurs (Mavericks were without Dirk in one or both of the losses and Caron Butler), they only had a 13+ game win streak, and won 19 games out of their last 21. These guys are talked about too much and should be moved to another city. Overrated, thy name is Dallas Mavericks. :confused::eyebrow::rolleyes:

Slimsim
03-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Thunders

BallIsAll
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
from what ive seen lawson can get to the hoop in late game situations, gallo can get to the line and the guy who karl is saying will be getting the ball late in games is afflalo who has already hit a game winner this year and quite a few clutch shots including 19 pts in the 4rth against dallas with melo fouled out.

Chi StateOfMind
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Yeah I know, they have the 3rd best record in the NBA and all you hear is how awesome they are and how they are the favorites to win. You never hear this about the Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, and until recently the Heat. Mavericks are just so overrated, they only swept the Celtics and Heat, 1-2 with the Spurs (Mavericks were without Dirk in one or both of the losses and Caron Butler), they only had a 13+ game win streak, and won 19 games out of their last 21. These guys are talked about too much and should be moved to another city. Overrated, thy name is Dallas Mavericks. :confused::eyebrow::rolleyes:

i dont know if he meant overrated through the season,playoffs, or overall..now if he meant through the season i disagree b/c there always a great season team but in the playoffs i can only say 1 word and thats CHOKE.. there a great team now but in the playoffs i wouldnt count on them

Chi StateOfMind
03-08-2011, 06:09 PM
and the denver question i can see them upsetting the thunder b/c i feel la,sa are too strong....and i understand what ppl are saying about denver with the game on the line they just dont have that melo to give the ball to make that game on the line shot

Khalifa21
03-08-2011, 06:51 PM
I think they could upset the Thunder in a 7 game series...

Iron24th
03-08-2011, 06:55 PM
I say dallas cause they're known to be huge chokers in playoffs.

GoatMilk
03-08-2011, 06:57 PM
i think memphis has a chance at an upset too

Jewelz0376
03-08-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm not a believer in the Nuggets like some people are....I believe they were in their honeymoon period when they beat the Hawks and Bos...I need to see them beat a couple good teams on the road before I actually think they could upset a top 4 seed....

danniboi168
03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
i dont see them beating any in the top 4.

BigBlueCrew
03-08-2011, 07:20 PM
They arent upsetting anyone. They'll make it to the playoffs, but thats about it.

IversonIsKrazy
03-08-2011, 08:29 PM
UPSET = winning the series

I dont think they can beat LA or SAS, but they can definitley extend the series.
Dallas, the playoff chokes, can SURELY be upset by the Nugz which is why I'm I get to see that as a first round match-up.
Thunder can also be upset by Nugz. After the Green-trade, the Thunder's offense relies HEAVLY on Durant & Westbrooke. The physicality of Perkins won't do much against Nene/KMart/Birdman. I can see Nugz' upsetting Thunder or MAvs, but not LA or SAS.

Knicks21
03-08-2011, 08:32 PM
They can upset anyone, hence the word upset. The Cavs could upset the Heat. The Nuggets can upset anyone in this league.

IBleedPurple
03-08-2011, 11:12 PM
and the denver question i can see them upsetting the thunder b/c i feel la,sa are too strong....and i understand what ppl are saying about denver with the game on the line they just dont have that melo to give the ball to make that game on the line shot

While I agree about LA/SA, Afflalo has been pretty damn clutch.

Kakaroach
03-08-2011, 11:33 PM
I think they have the defense and the talent to upset a team like OKC or the Mavs, but Lakers and Spurs would be a stretch.

ohreally
03-09-2011, 12:31 AM
The Nuggets are deep enough to be able to upset anyone, but Felton's penchant for taking late game shots could be their downfall. Portland and Memphis will be tough in the first round also. In the East the Sixers could pull an upset. I am a longtime Knick fan, and while I don't think a team so dependent on two guys is a playoff team I think the Celtics are really the only very solid team in the East (the Bulls are close but I'm still not totally sold), so yeah, the Knicks might also be able to pull off an upset.

JordansBulls
03-09-2011, 06:05 PM
I think they have the defense and the talent to upset a team like OKC or the Mavs, but Lakers and Spurs would be a stretch.

I think they may be able to take out OKC as well.

allSUAVE
03-09-2011, 06:25 PM
They going to beat the lakers man ..they got Galo the real black mamba.

JordansBulls
03-11-2011, 01:23 PM
They going to beat the lakers man ..they got Galo the real black mamba.

Is that his nickname as well?