PDA

View Full Version : Should older players be allowed to take HGH in the NBA?

magichatnumber9
03-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Under the supervision of a doctor of course. We have many senior citizens that can still ball into there late 30's. They work hard, stay in shape, and eat right. But that injury bug is a MF. Like the title says should the NBA make exceptions for older players who have prolonged injuries that would have already healed if they were younger?

NYYCowboys
03-08-2011, 11:24 AM
No way. Anabolic steroids aren't supposed to be used for an injury plagued athlete under a doctor's supervision anyway. No legit doctor would agree to this. Plus you would basically be giving the older players the option of either using this harmful substance to get few extra years in, or don't and lose money, and I guarantee a lot of them wouldn't want to be put in that situation.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-08-2011, 11:30 AM
I hope you are not serious. That is the worst idea ever. Why don't we just raise the age limit in the NBA to 30 well were at it?

dstruong
03-08-2011, 11:34 AM
fail....

Kakaroach
03-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Terrible idea, you let some people take it, its only gonna be a matter of time before its justified for everyone. And no, steroids or HGH are not justified in any way.

BrewPackBuckfan
03-08-2011, 11:43 AM
To be honest I did a report for a college class about roids and if there properly taken they really are not that harmful.

pd1dish
03-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Under the supervision of a doctor of course. We have many senior citizens that can still ball into there late 30's. They work hard, stay in shape, and eat right. But that injury bug is a MF. Like the title says should the NBA make exceptions for older players who have prolonged injuries that would have already healed if they were younger?

dumb

NYYCowboys
03-08-2011, 11:52 AM
To be honest I did a report for a college class about roids and if there properly taken they really are not that harmful.

Yeah and when you say properly that must include being taken for the proper medical indication, which does not include rejuvenating an older athletes career or, sports injuries of any kind...

ewing
03-08-2011, 12:15 PM
I think anyone pro althete over 33 should be allowed to use them. Good idea

MoBASS
03-08-2011, 01:10 PM
I think a lot of NBA players are taking HGH. There is so much money at stake that everyone is looking for an advantage. When you have a lot of guys doing it, then they guys who are not doing it start thinking they have to just to keep the playing field level.

The NBA STILL doesn't test for HGH, which is pretty stupid since it can improve a player's game incredibly.

Hellcrooner
03-08-2011, 01:46 PM
No and i think Nba should get more serious bout doping.
The way tests are conducted ( three times a year for rookies , just once a year at seasons begin for Vets) players can easily schedule taking roids and the rest of things in time that its eliminated from their body when the tests happen.

Lake_Show2416
03-08-2011, 02:33 PM
n y not do a line of crank to get u pumped for the game haha, you don't make something that's nationally illegal, legal

bulls_world23
03-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Senior citizens???? :laugh:

HakeemTheDream
03-08-2011, 02:39 PM
lol .

xxcubs22xx
03-08-2011, 03:09 PM
wow.

Cromedome
03-08-2011, 03:11 PM
We have many senior citizens that can still ball into there late 30's?

Worst...thread...ever.

210Don
03-08-2011, 03:16 PM
lmao!

tdunk21
03-08-2011, 03:21 PM
:laugh2:

bring back all the oldies from the 80's....lmfao....

Mile High Champ
03-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Why just for older players? I don't understand your logic at all and no players should ever be allowed to use HGH ever.

Sadds The Gr8
03-08-2011, 03:28 PM
:facepalm:

tdunk21
03-08-2011, 03:30 PM
unanimous :facepalm: thread...classic

WatWoudJordanDo
03-08-2011, 03:35 PM
you guys do realize that they could all already be on HGH anyway? and even if the NBA got serious about doping theres no way that any players association would allow blood testing at a pro level which is the only way, as of now, to test for HGH. the only exception is MiLB which started it a year or so ago i believe but thats still a long ways away from having the testing in MLB, NFL, or whatever.

JayAllDay
03-08-2011, 04:14 PM
If you need to take HGH to play then you should be forced to retire....

wesbeasflynn
03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
No they shoudln't but I should!Got any?

blastmasta26
03-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Definitely no.

Trueblue2
03-08-2011, 04:38 PM
No way. Anabolic steroids aren't supposed to be used for an injury plagued athlete under a doctor's supervision anyway. No legit doctor would agree to this. Plus you would basically be giving the older players the option of either using this harmful substance to get few extra years in, or don't and lose money, and I guarantee a lot of them wouldn't want to be put in that situation.

1. Hgh isn't an anabolic steroid
2. There are plenty of legit doctors who prescribe it
3. When done under medical supervision it's pretty safe

Philapsychosis
03-08-2011, 04:54 PM
You smoking that Charlie Sheen???

Seriously one of those scenarios where you should have really thought about what you wrote for a minute, then hit that X in the top corner of the window

joeshmoe
03-08-2011, 05:08 PM

I usually respect what you post...but this is seriously bad. NO!

jrm2054
03-08-2011, 05:18 PM
no simple answer

jiggin
03-08-2011, 05:19 PM
no...must be a slow NBA or sports day...

NYYCowboys
03-08-2011, 05:23 PM
1. Hgh isn't an anabolic steroid
2. There are plenty of legit doctors who prescribe it
3. When done under medical supervision it's pretty safe

Sorry I misread the title. Yeah you're right HGH isn't a steroid, but there aren't many doctors who (legitimately) prescribe HGH to athletes. It mostly gets used in growth disorders in children and adolescents. What statistics are you using that it's "pretty safe". Yeah it's pretty safe when you use it for what it's indicated for, when someone has low GH and you use it to supplement the low levels. I don't think there has been many reputable studies done on using it to enhance athletic performance. Either way this thread is ridiculous.

Frrrrank!!!
03-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Um...no.

MoBASS
03-08-2011, 05:36 PM
You guys are pretty clueless if you think a large number of NBA players don't take steroids.

KingPosey
03-08-2011, 05:39 PM

This lets me know you shouldnt have an opinion on the matter. You dont even know that HGH is completely different than your typical anabolic steroid. So just keep out of this one.

KingPosey
03-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Sorry I misread the title. Yeah you're right HGH isn't a steroid, but there aren't many doctors who (legitimately) prescribe HGH to athletes. It mostly gets used in growth disorders in children and adolescents. What statistics are you using that it's "pretty safe". Yeah it's pretty safe when you use it for what it's indicated for, when someone has low GH and you use it to supplement the low levels. I don't think there has been many reputable studies done on using it to enhance athletic performance. Either way this thread is ridiculous.

wrong again. Just shut up dude.

knickfan33
03-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Dumbest thread ever!!!!!

heyman321
03-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Yes they should allow it. They also should allow you to bring guns into the locker room and maybe even shoot up the opposition! that way you have a clear path to the basket on every play.

NYYCowboys
03-08-2011, 06:37 PM
This lets me know you shouldnt have an opinion on the matter. You dont even know that HGH is completely different than your typical anabolic steroid. So just keep out of this one.

I corrected myself. Oh and if there are any reputable studies from a reputable medical journal please pm it to me if you're so smart and on top of this whole issue.

Cubs Win
03-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Yes they should allow it. They also should allow you to bring guns into the locker room and maybe even shoot up the opposition! that way you have a clear path to the basket on every play.

How about this?

Each team gets one player who is allowed to sit in the upper deck with a sniper rifle and 10 bullets. 3 may be used on the opposing sniper, and a maximum of 2 attempts at each individual player.

NYYCowboys
03-08-2011, 06:38 PM
wrong again. Just shut up dude.

Key word is reputable. Find me one doc.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
03-08-2011, 07:01 PM
haha hell no.