PDA

View Full Version : "We're a team that no one wants to see in the first round."

JasonJohnHorn
03-08-2011, 10:39 AM
I a recent article Dwayne Wade was quoted as saying:

"We're a team that no one wants to see in the first round,'' Wade said. "We lose every game from here on out, somebody's got to see us in the first round. And the Miami Heat isn't really a team you want to see in the first round."

My gut responce is: The first round? Why is Wade talking about teams in the first round? It sounds like he's saying "We might make some noise in the first round." The Heat should be getting home court in the first round so yeah, teams dont generally want to play anybody with home court? It sounds to me like he setting the bar a little low for his team. After signing three of the biggest stars in the league, I think their aim should be: Nobody want to play us, PERIOD! (well, actually coma splice, capilatized word and exclamation mark).

What is your responce to Wade's comments? Does is sound like he's setting the bar low for a team with this kind of talent.

tdunk21
03-08-2011, 10:47 AM
u mean response right?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-08-2011, 10:50 AM
And another heat thread:laugh2:

On a serious note, of course noone even Boston would not want to face them in the first round.

If LeBron or Wade or even Bosh catches fire they are really hard to beat, so no news here.

Jetsguy
03-08-2011, 10:52 AM
I am far from a Heat fan but I have to say I doubt anyone does want to see them in the first round. Regardless of the way they have played of late and for the entire regular season for that matter they will be a tough out for anyone in a 7 game series. If you have Lebron James and D Wade on your team you have a shot.

koLohe2133
03-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I really don't think anyone on the Miami BEAT should be talking at this point.....

1-9 against elite teams? Do YOU want to see anyone in the first round??

marlinsfan24
03-08-2011, 10:53 AM
1.We don't need another Heat thread
2.Wade's talking about the recent struggles and saying if the playoffs started today, no one would want to face them in the 1st round.
3.You're taking things out of context, twisting Wade's words to make him look like he's setting low standards for the team.

YankeesR#2
03-08-2011, 10:56 AM
I a recent article Dwayne Wade was quoted as saying:

"We're a team that no one wants to see in the first round,'' Wade said. "We lose every game from here on out, somebody's got to see us in the first round. And the Miami Heat isn't really a team you want to see in the first round."

My gut responce is: The first round? Why is Wade talking about teams in the first round? It sounds like he's saying "We might make some noise in the first round." The Heat should be getting home court in the first round so yeah, teams dont generally want to play anybody with home court? It sounds to me like he setting the bar a little low for his team. After signing three of the biggest stars in the league, I think their aim should be: Nobody want to play us, PERIOD! (well, actually coma splice, capilatized word and exclamation mark).

What is your responce to Wade's comments? Does is sound like he's setting the bar low for a team with this kind of talent.

I think the comment and the fact that they seem to lose every close game are directly related.

It's funny but I don't remember either Wade or James being such a choke until they were put on the same team.

The solution is going to be put one or both of them on the bench at the end of close games.

SteBO
03-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I really don't think anyone on the Miami BEAT should be talking at this point.....

1-9 against elite teams? Do YOU want to see anyone in the first round??

I guess intelligence and maturity isn't part of your forte, huh. :laugh2: Give me a break dude.

Double_R
03-08-2011, 11:06 AM
It's weird that he is talking about the first round. That sounds like something that the Thunder said last year. It definitely sounds like he is selling his team short. He should say that we are a team that nobody wants to face period.

D-Leethal
03-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Melo and STAT apparently want to see them in the first round

JayAllDay
03-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Heat = Underdogs? I guess they shared that humble pie, but basketball is all about confidence. You gotta play to win not play not to lose, if that makes any sense.

I guess Wade, Lebron, and Bosh has no problem being ****ing hipster *******s with fake glasses who share their emotions (I can't ****ing stand it sorry), but the rest of the Heat needs to be more than just pawns. We hear nothing from them and they need/deserve to be heard.

I seriously won't be surprised if players like Magloire and Dampier are just laughing their ***** off because their leaders bundled up and cried together. They have none of the pressure, all the glory. Taking responsibility is more than just putting up some points or rebounds. They need some veteran leadership (age means nothing, experience and character) a PG who can make the Big 3 look good, or a coach that would challenge their players.

I guess the same goes to all the teams, but Heat has such high profile players their deficiencies are glaring.

Double_R
03-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Heat = Underdogs? I guess they shared that humble pie, but basketball is all about confidence. You gotta play to win not play not to lose, if that makes any sense.

I guess Wade, Lebron, and Bosh has no problem being ****ing hipster *******s with fake glasses who share their emotions (I can't ****ing stand it sorry), but the rest of the Heat needs to be more than just pawns. We hear nothing from them and they need/deserve to be heard.

I seriously won't be surprised if players like Magloire and Dampier are just laughing their ***** off because their leaders bundled up and cried together. They have none of the pressure, all the glory. Taking responsibility is more than just putting up some points or rebounds. They need some veteran leadership (age means nothing, experience and character) a PG who can make the Big 3 look good, or a coach that would challenge their players.

I guess the same goes to all the teams, but Heat has such high profile players their deficiencies are glaring.

I think Lebron's ego has gotten so big that he can't be coached. He's a coach killer.

Why is he even touching the ball on the final possessions when Wade is on the court??? Wade should be taking all last shots, period.

jiggin
03-08-2011, 11:38 AM
the best thing the Miami Heat can do is SHUT UP THEIR PLAYERS.

If I owned the Heat, I would ask the NBA commissioners office for an exception to the the media portion of their contracts and require the HEAT players to NOT field post or pregame questions.

Any Heat player caught talking to the media in ANY fashion during the current season would be fined a significant amount of money.

The best thing for the Heat organization and team is to stay out of the spotlight for ANYTHING except the play on the court, including comments about said play on the court.

Its funny that these players are good at basketball but so stupid when it comes to common human traits such as communication and the basics of action/reaction with social situations and communication.

If these guys weren't good at basketball, they would be serving me fries.

Hitman21
03-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Great...hes talking about the 1st round when they thought they would win the championship this year.....anywho this means aboslutely NUTHING......theres only 2 teams in the east people would actually like to play in the first round...sixers and pacers...the rest of the teams r ridiculous

Slimsim
03-08-2011, 11:56 AM
LBJ should had never said not 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 o 6 but 7 Championships.

RaiderLakersA's
03-08-2011, 12:12 PM
It's an arrogant statement, but one that talented players tend to make without really thinking it through. The fact is other players on other teams want a title just as badly as anyone on the Heat, and they'd be willing to go to any lengths to get it, short of selling their mom to an international prostitution cabal. I'm sure if you asked any of the playoffs teams, especially the top seeds, they'd say to a man that they don't care who the opponent is. After all, if the Heat are as good as they claim, they'll have to be dealt with anyway, whether it's the first round or the conference championship.

Best to get the Heat out of the way early, if you ask me. No team wants to face ANY team that has momentum on their side. And if the Heat make it to the Conference series, it will mean that they have plenty of Mo at their backs.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-08-2011, 12:14 PM
LBJ should had never said not 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 o 6 but 7 Championships.

lol what a douche.

He can only blame himself, saying stupid stuff like that even though the team hasn't played a single game at that moment.

Avenged
03-08-2011, 12:20 PM
This thread has just lead to jabs at the Heat yet again. Next time provide a link as well.