PDA

View Full Version : Howard Reiterates Desire To Spend Entire Career With Magic

fadedmario
03-08-2011, 12:08 AM
During an interview on The Dan Patrick Show on Monday, Dwight Howard reiterated his desire to retire as a member of the Magic.

"I love Orlando. The city has been very good to me and I would love to finish my career here. I want to win a championship and I want to win it in Orlando," Howard said.

"That's all I've been thinking about."

Howard can become a free agent after next season and his name has already popped up in rumors.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/03/dwight-howard-i-want-to-finish-my-career-here.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+sports/magic/bas

Thoughts?

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Didn't Lebron say the same thing?

marvILLous
03-08-2011, 12:10 AM
ehhh we'll see lol

didn't lebron say something similar in cleveland?

SteBO
03-08-2011, 12:12 AM
This is why Dwight Howards' name has popped up in rumors. You can't take what these guys say to heart anymore.

AddiX
03-08-2011, 12:12 AM
If I'm Dwight I'm forcing arenas to get on steroids.

Arenas contract is gonna hampernthat team for years.

29$JerZ
03-08-2011, 12:13 AM
See LeBron James

He "wants" to bring a championship to the City but if the Magic are incapable of winning it this or next year he may very well leave.

I like that he likes the City and is openly saying he is loyal to the Team and wants to retire there basically but its all just words and peoples desires change fast.

abe_froman
03-08-2011, 12:14 AM
hooray,i hope he does

Chronz
03-08-2011, 12:14 AM
I just want to see Dwight with some help, as long as Arenas is there I dont see that happening

Raph12
03-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Not once did he say "I'm staying in Orlando", he said "I would love to finish my career here"... If we don't get another superstar like CP3 or DWill, Dwight's out.

BigCityofDreams
03-08-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm sure the Magic fans are happy to hear that

SteveNash
03-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Forget LeBron, Shaq said the same thing the summer he bolted for LA.

LA_Raiders
03-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Wait once they get out of the POffs in the 1st series...

The-Human-Cigar
03-08-2011, 12:28 AM
1. What players say under contract really doesn't matter.
2. In the final year of a contract they play out their *** to earn more on the market.
3. If the player doesn't get on board for a new deal, the TEAM will trade his ***
4. Should the player accept a huge salary and start under performing... the team will trade his ***
5. If his *** makes too much money the team can't surround him with other quality players to win. A no win scenario for both player and team except in the way of the all mighty dollar sign.
6. Finally, it's a business. It's about $$$'s. The sports aspect is secondary. He can say he'll stay in Orlando for his entire career. Sorry Magic fans. Watch and read all the various LeBron love letters and videos for Cleveland and how he'll NEVER leave earier in his career. It becomes like a bad relationship. When the player feels he's getting screwed around on or vise versa with the team ownership, a break-up is already in the works. Divorce is ugly in sports. Howard stays only if he's getting stroked and loved by Orlando team owners.

bmd1101
03-08-2011, 12:30 AM

Whos gonna knock them out in the first round? The hawks?

enserio
03-08-2011, 12:33 AM
It's a certainty. He's leaving.

Evolution23
03-08-2011, 12:35 AM
knicks?

Raph12
03-08-2011, 12:35 AM

Naw we can beat the Hawks and I like our chances against the Celts much better now that Perk is in the West... We'll still probably lose to Boston, but I definitely like our chances now compared to pre-trade.

The-Human-Cigar
03-08-2011, 12:41 AM
knicks?

Sure, what the hell. Who else do they need to jettison to get Howard? Next question... is Isaiah running the show there behind a curtain like in the Wizard of Oz? :confused:

BigBlueCrew
03-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Oh no whatever are the Nets gonna do? hehe

Lebron never said any such thing about keeping his talents in Ohio. You guys all said that Lebron never said a word about his free agency before he was actually a free agent and even at that point he never said a word until "The Decision"

JB0B0
03-08-2011, 01:00 AM
He won't win a championship in Orlando. Not this year, not next year, not in 10 years.

JB0B0
03-08-2011, 01:05 AM
He will probably go to either the Lakers, Thunder, Bulls, or Nets.

LAOwnsAll15
03-08-2011, 01:29 AM
im sure they will sign and trade him... so theres no sense in Howard being upset about his situation when he knows the Magic have already accepted the fact they wont be able to keep him.

Howard says he loves team, teams trades him = makes the Magic seem like the bad guy.. i like it.

Hellcrooner
03-08-2011, 01:38 AM
he is leaving for sure now.

Sadds The Gr8
03-08-2011, 01:50 AM
take everything these guys say with a grain of salt.

AllBall
03-08-2011, 01:55 AM
*cough*newcbafranchisetag*cough*

Hellcrooner
03-08-2011, 02:03 AM
*cough*newcbafranchisetag*cough*

Over the players dead bodys.

AllBall
03-08-2011, 02:04 AM

prepare for no NBA next season.....

Lake_Show2416
03-08-2011, 02:06 AM
they say all that championship stuff to have a reason to leave, good excuse ha

but who knows it's pretty far away.... anything can happen

danniboi168
03-08-2011, 02:14 AM
can dwight sign an extension yet?

John Walls Era
03-08-2011, 02:14 AM
What were the Magic thinking when they traded for Arenas? Losing wears on players fast, he might change his tone soon.

Hellcrooner
03-08-2011, 02:22 AM
prepare for no NBA next season.....

No prob.

Pau has already said he will play for barcelona if theres no Nba.
KObe has said he will play for milan.
Dirk has said he will play for Real Madrid.
Others will follow suit.

It will be a nice Euroleague.
Hey the players may like it better , No max salarys( you can earn what hey offer you), no player for palyer trades, no max lenght of contracts you can be traded whenever you want to another team for jsut money.....

Is say Stern and owners dont want to take their chances.

Lakerhead4ever
03-08-2011, 02:24 AM
sounds like melo lol

bulls_world23
03-08-2011, 02:28 AM
The rumors will not stop until he signs an extension

AllBall
03-08-2011, 02:28 AM
No prob.

Others will follow suit.

Hey the players may like it better , No max salarys( you can earn what hey offer you), no player for palyer trades, no max lenght of contracts you can be traded whenever you want to another team for jsut money.....

lol, I would love to see a Euroloeauge full of NBA players. It'd be fun to watch, but I don't take them too serious and doubt that will happen. Maybe the players that play for their Olympic squads like Paul might do it, but I doubt it.

Owners with Billions will win out over the players with Millions....much like what I see happening in the NFL.....

BigCityofDreams
03-08-2011, 10:07 AM

The last thing I want to see is a franchise tag.

BigCityofDreams
03-08-2011, 10:09 AM
sounds like melo lol

Yep that's how the Melo thing started :D

Flash3
03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
No prob.

Others will follow suit.

i heard rasho nestertovic was euroleague mvp for this month :D i think the nba players want atleast some competition.

Hangtime
03-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Whatever. We shall see come free agency.

tbomlad
03-08-2011, 10:40 AM
ehhh we'll see lol

didn't lebron say something similar in cleveland?

Cleveland & Orlando are apples & oranges. No superstar wanted to play in Cleveland with LeBron. Orlando is everything that Cleveland is not. He HAD to go elsewhere, he HAD no choice. I've been saying for the past six months that Dwight is going nowhere and have listed every reason why. The latest quote from Dwight, regarding him staying in Orlando, is only one of many to come as he makes his recruiting pitch to Paul, D-Will, and others. I do agree that bringing in another superstar will play a major factor in Dwight's decision but I'm basing my opinion on the fact that the city of Orlando and the Magic organization sells itself. Don't be surprised when D-Will doesn't sign an extension with NJ.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-08-2011, 10:43 AM
If I'm Dwight I'm forcing arenas to get on steroids.

Arenas contract is gonna hampernthat team for years.

I don't get when people say this. They traded Rashard Lewis who had an equally horrendous contract for Arenas. Getting Arenas didn't make it worse.

Double_R
03-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Whatever. We shall see come free agency.

Exactly, let's not have another lame thread like this until he is a free agent. I think these threads are so stupid since all they really are is a bunch of fans wanting Dwight to come to their team so they are like "yea he is leaving" or "we shall see come free agency". They are becoming annoying. What's next, "when Lebron leaves Miami, where will he go???"

BigCityofDreams
03-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Cleveland & Orlando are apples & oranges. No superstar wanted to play in Cleveland with LeBron. Orlando is everything that Cleveland is not. He HAD to go elsewhere, he HAD no choice. I've been saying for the past six months that Dwight is going nowhere and have listed every reason why. The latest quote from Dwight, regarding him staying in Orlando, is only one of many to come as he makes his recruiting pitch to Paul, D-Will, and others. I do agree that bringing in another superstar will play a major factor in Dwight's decision but I'm basing my opinion on the fact that the city of Orlando and the Magic organization sells itself. Don't be surprised when D-Will doesn't sign an extension with NJ.

Tell that to Net fans

TonySaysWhat?
03-08-2011, 10:48 AM

I LOVE your sig. So awesome.

tbomlad
03-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Tell that to Net fans

I don't think I have to. I believe most Nets fans, if they were being honest, are worried about D-Will leaving. The Dwight Howard situation is extremely important to NJ. Howard has pretty much written off any chance that he would play in NJ so that's not going to happen. Now, I'm not sure what NJ's plan B is but it cannot be better than D-Will playing in Orlando with Dwight.

BigCityofDreams
03-08-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't think I have to. I believe most Nets fans, if they were being honest, are worried about D-Will leaving. The Dwight Howard situation is extremely important to NJ. Howard has pretty much written off any chance that he would play in NJ so that's not going to happen. Now, I'm not sure what NJ's plan B is but it cannot be better than D-Will playing in Orlando with Dwight.

Most Net fans that I have seen on here or talked too think it's a real possibility that he stays in NJ and Dwight follows him. There are a few worried but most think he is going to re-up with the Nets.

When did D12 write off playing in NJ? Not saying you're lying but I haven't seen that anywhere else.

magichatnumber9
03-08-2011, 11:21 AM
I don't see him going to L.A. That would draw the whole Shaq comparison and that's not what he wants.

Young and Stupid
03-08-2011, 11:27 AM
To my knowledge, no one thought that Dwight wanted to leave the city of Orlando or the team itself. From everything we've heard, it's been about his desire to win, he loves the city, but if the Magic can't assemble a team that will get them to a championship-level then Dwight would opt to venture elsewhere. As they say, winning is all that matters.

You can even see it in these short quotes (drawn from the article that the OP referenced):

I would love to finish my career here.
He "would love" to finish his career in Orlando. The implication is that he wants to stay, but needs things to happen (more specifically, adding players not named "Arenas" and "Turkoglu") in order to do so.

I want to win a championship and I want to win it in Orlando
As stated earlier, his preference is to remain in Orlando, but winning takes precedent. That's part of why I criticized the moves Otis Smith made earlier this season; I thought it was extremely short-sighted and -- in my opinion -- spelled the end of Dwight's career in Orlando.

I think it's between the Nets and the Lakers; the Nets make more sense, but the Lakers have more of a draw. I would include the Clippers, but I'm not sure how big of a role Sterling plays. If by some miracle he's not there next year then I would move the Clippers to the top of the list. Obviously, only time will tell.

Mile High Champ
03-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I really like Howard, he just seems genuine with his disposition and attitude. I would take his words with more meaning any day than Lebron and I do believe he will resign with Orlando for sure..

tbomlad
03-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Most Net fans that I have seen on here or talked too think it's a real possibility that he stays in NJ and Dwight follows him. There are a few worried but most think he is going to re-up with the Nets.

When did D12 write off playing in NJ? Not saying you're lying but I haven't seen that anywhere else.

Last week, after the Nets owner commented to D-Will that Howard was a target in the near future, Dwight was asked about the possibility of playing in NJ where he replied that staying in Orlando would be his preference over playing in NJ. Really, the only place that he has not dismissed as a possibility is LA, and that's only because he'll use them as leverage for bringing D-Will or Paul to Orlando.

ackar
03-08-2011, 12:11 PM
That would be great if he did. Big Ups D12!

BigCityofDreams
03-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Last week, after the Nets owner commented to D-Will that Howard was a target in the near future, Dwight was asked about the possibility of playing in NJ where he replied that staying in Orlando would be his preference over playing in NJ. Really, the only place that he has not dismissed as a possibility is LA, and that's only because he'll use them as leverage for bringing D-Will or Paul to Orlando.

I didn't know he made those statements thanks for clearing that up. It will be interesting to see what he does. I'm sure he would like to stay in Orl but if they get bounced early it wouldn't surprise me if he changed his mind.

bovice163
03-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I would honestly love to see Dwight win a ship for the Magic, he and that franchise are definitely deserving of one. The problem is, is that we've heard this all before too many times. It's difficult to gauge how genuine superstars are nowadays.

Raph12
03-08-2011, 01:28 PM
He never said he wouldn't go to the Nets, he said "Orlando is the most attractive place for me right now", basically he was just telling people that he wasn't going to be a FA or on the market anytime soon so let it go for now... With offers like Noah-Taj-Asik-4 picks from Chitown and a package around Bynum from LA (out-of-conference will help), idk if the Nets have anything better to offer the Magic.

BigCityofDreams
03-08-2011, 01:33 PM
He never said he wouldn't go to the Nets, he said "Orlando is the most attractive place for me right now", basically he was just telling people that he wasn't going to be a FA or on the market anytime soon so let it go for now... With offers like Noah-Taj-Asik-4 picks from Chitown and a package around Bynum from LA (out-of-conference will help), idk if the Nets have anything better to offer the Magic.

:clap::clap::clap:

The Nets can build a package around Lopez and picks

Hellcrooner
03-08-2011, 01:35 PM

Id take a LOPEZ package over an Andrew Bumkneesnum every day of the week and twice on sundays.

SOmething tells me if they are to deal with lakers they woudl preffer Pau to get some positive reaction marketing/sales wise from the hughe spanish speaking fan base in Florida.

allSUAVE
03-08-2011, 01:46 PM
He's just saying what he suppose to say...he would leave Orlando if they dont win.

allSUAVE
03-08-2011, 01:50 PM
But he Wouldn't go to the Nets Almost positive he won't do that ...Deron Williams would be a Dallas Mavaricks That's his hometown .....Mark Cuban will lure him easily.

Raph12
03-08-2011, 04:02 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

The Nets can build a package around Lopez and picks

Id take a LOPEZ package over an Andrew Bumkneesnum every day of the week and twice on sundays.

SOmething tells me if they are to deal with lakers they woudl preffer Pau to get some positive reaction marketing/sales wise from the hughe spanish speaking fan base in Florida.

Lopez is very limited in his game, he's pure offense; Bynum has offense, defense, rebounding, upside and that deal would take Dwight out-of-conference as well.

Pau's too old, health will be the biggest issue with Bynum, if he plays every game until the trade deadline for next season, I'm sure we'd gladly take him over Pau. Bynum healthy is the 2nd best center in the league and would fill Dwight's shoes better than any other center in the league (besides Yao healthy [which isn't happening])... If Bynum gets injured again, we'll probably trade for Pau and then LA will trade Bynum for a PG/PF.

tdunk21
03-08-2011, 04:10 PM
now he wouldnt say he wants to leave orlando and get booed by fans would he?

BigCityofDreams
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Lopez is very limited in his game, he's pure offense; Bynum has offense, defense, rebounding, upside and that deal would take Dwight out-of-conference as well.

Pau's too old, health will be the biggest issue with Bynum, if he plays every game until the trade deadline for next season, I'm sure we'd gladly take him over Pau. Bynum healthy is the 2nd best center in the league and would fill Dwight's shoes better than any other center in the league (besides Yao healthy [which isn't happening])... If Bynum gets injured again, we'll probably trade for Pau and then LA will trade Bynum for a PG/PF.

I'm surprised you would take Lopez over Bynum a number of ppl usually go with Lopez. I think most of it has to do with the injuries because as you said when he is healthy he's one of the best big men in the league.

I would love to see D12 land in LA if he doesn't resign with the Magic.

Raph12
03-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm surprised you would take Lopez over Bynum a number of ppl usually go with Lopez. I think most of it has to do with the injuries because as you said when he is healthy he's one of the best big men in the league.

I would love to see D12 land in LA if he doesn't resign with the Magic.

As would I, my grandparents live there; I'm moving to NYC next year so the Knicks/Nets would be other destinations I'd be more than happy with; my mom lives in Orlando, so I'd be okay with him staying as well.

Lopez vs Bynum; Bynum is putting up 11ppg-8rpg-2bpg on 56fg% in just 26mpg, per36mins that's 15-11-2.5 vs 20-6-1.5 on 48fg%... Now who's stats are more similar to Dwight's? That would be Bynum, plus he's been hurt all year, if he stays healthy until next trade deadline, those numbers would look even better.

When healthy, he has the size, upside and skills to fill Dwight's role better than any other center in the league. Plus with the way the Magic play, they don't necessarily need a 20ppg guy. They need more of a presence on both ends so they could continue to play outside-in even after Dwight's departure.

Health is the most important thing here, if Bynum doesn't get hurt, it's a done deal... Otherwise I'm sure we'll listen to offers.

JerseysFinest
03-08-2011, 04:40 PM
As amazing it would be to see Dwight Howard donning a Nets jersey, in all honesty, I think he will stay in Orlando. He doesn't at all to me appear to be like LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony where he would bolt when he had the chance. He seems like a very loyal and just a generally good guy, and I can't personally speak for those who live in Florida, but I'm sure they love him, and he loves there, as he said. I don't remember LeBron saying he'd like to finish out his career in Cleveland either.

BigCityofDreams
03-08-2011, 04:51 PM
As would I, my grandparents live there; I'm moving to NYC next year so the Knicks/Nets would be other destinations I'd be more than happy with; my mom lives in Orlando, so I'd be okay with him staying as well.

Lopez vs Bynum; Bynum is putting up 11ppg-8rpg-2bpg on 56fg% in just 26mpg, per36mins that's 15-11-2.5 vs 20-6-1.5 on 48fg%... Now who's stats are more similar to Dwight's? That would be Bynum, plus he's been hurt all year, if he stays healthy until next trade deadline, those numbers would look even better.

When healthy, he has the size, upside and skills to fill Dwight's role better than any other center in the league. Plus with the way the Magic play, they don't necessarily need a 20ppg guy. They need more of a presence on both ends so they could continue to play outside-in even after Dwight's departure.

Health is the most important thing here, if Bynum doesn't get hurt, it's a done deal... Otherwise I'm sure we'll listen to offers.

Thanks for the breakdown I appreciate it.

Phil has been smart if limiting Bynum's minutes since he came back from injury. I would love to keep Andrew and see him progress but the risk of losing out on D12 is too big to pass up especially with Kobe getting older.

JerseysFinest
03-08-2011, 04:59 PM

You have to bear in mind Lopez suffered from mononucleosis this past offseason, which undoubtedly takes a toll on your body and although you will be cured from it, you still feel the debilitating effects of it in your system. I think if you watch him next year, he'll resemble more of the player he was in his first and second years, hopefully more aggressive, and hopefully more muscular. And Brook also becomes a RFA in 2012, he's still on a rookie contract

DarzenPetrovic3
03-08-2011, 05:02 PM
is gonna replace Phil Jackson? He is MOST likely gonna retire after this season. I dont think D12 is gonna play for anybody else besides Phil.

Chi StateOfMind
03-08-2011, 05:07 PM
im sure as he was givin that speech he was reading from a script on the board in front of him practicing his acting skills for la in 2012

NYY NYJ NYK
03-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Sign an extension or your lying

allSUAVE
03-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Dwight Howard in a Net jersey who actually believe that's possible lol?

pedrofan45
03-08-2011, 05:30 PM
he's definitely not staying... He would LOVE to win a championship in Orlando and he would LOVE to finish his career there.. He wants to become a free agent obviously so that's why he's giving the Magic hope that they can resign him and not trade him away.. he wants to get a big pay day and he wants to go to his team of choice.. I guarantee it

believeinNYK
03-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Can't take anything they say too heavily,

A big 3 of Dwight, Kobe and gasol would be sick :drool:

allSUAVE
03-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Orlando or L.A and slight chance to my Knicks realistically! But time would tell. I kinna hope he stays in Orlando ...but if not best believe Donnie Walsh will make a huge pitch for him and use Carmelo and Amar'e to recruit....but he would prefer L.A and Kobe over N.Y IMO .

Young and Stupid
03-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Dwight Howard in a Net jersey who actually believe that's possible lol?

I'm trying to bite my tongue, but it's getting harder and harder. Suave, we get it, you don't think the Nets have a chance -- you don't need to continue to reiterate it.

Flash3
03-08-2011, 05:46 PM

it would be awesome for 2 years before kobe's knees collapses i heard there's very little ligaments left... and gasol finally decides to get his boob job and become a full time sissy ( like a bosh)

*i insulted bosh aswell to show i was joking on the gasol part .... i think ?

allSUAVE
03-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm trying to bite my tongue, but it's getting harder and harder. Suave, we get it, you don't think the Nets have a chance -- you don't need to continue to reiterate it.

I Acutually do think the Nets have a slight chance ..I'm just tryna get into DoMeFavors head..that's all.

JB0B0
03-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Bulls or OKC! LA is old

Chi StateOfMind
03-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Bulls or OKC! LA is old

it may be old but u cant deny that its a strong possibility

Young and Stupid
03-08-2011, 06:00 PM
I Acutually do think the Nets have a slight chance ..I'm just tryna get into DoMeFavors head..that's all.

I know you're just ****ing with DMF, **** I'd do that anytime I had the opportunity, but this seems like a good time to re-post something I wrote in another thread that turned into a Nets vs. Knicks thing. This is in reference to all Knicks fans who are roasting the Nets:

The Knicks are playing +.500 ball (barely) for the first time in ten years -- be happy with that. It surely doesn't put you in a position to rag on the success or failure of other franchises, especially when the franchise you chose to rag on has been marginally more successful than the team you root for in recent history.

I don't speak for all Nets fans, but I'd like to think that majority of them respect the Knicks just as I do. Reciprocity can't be expected, but it can be asked for. I do know that I speak for all Nets fans on PSD when I say that DoMeFavors' opinions are not indicative of the rest of the fan population. We'd appreciate it if you can ignore him going forward. He feeds on the hate; if you don't give it to him then he'll cease to exist.

I'll be rooting for the Knicks in the playoffs because I'm a New Yorker. New York is a basketball town and we've been without it for the last decade, the vibe of the city is so much better when the Knicks are doing well. Here's to wishing that the Knicks and the Nets can both be successful moving forward and develop a rivalry based upon success and not hate. Hopefully the fans of each respective team can learn to co-exist in a more civilized manner.

Lakerhead4ever
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
sounds like melo did lol

BigCityofDreams
03-08-2011, 06:34 PM
it would be awesome for 2 years before kobe's knees collapses i heard there's very little ligaments left... and gasol finally decides to get his boob job and become a full time sissy ( like a bosh)

*i insulted bosh aswell to show i was joking on the gasol part .... i think ?

By the time Kobe's knees are completely gone the offense will centered around Dwight. Kobe won't be as good as he once was but he'll make adjustments. He'll probably improve his jump shot and use his mind to make up for his decline in skills.

BigCityofDreams
03-08-2011, 06:35 PM

That would be crazy and t equals more rings for Kobe.

sounds like melo did lol

I tell that to Magic fans all the time. This is how the Melo thing started out. Remember the reports during the summer that he was going to re-up with the Nuggets in a week or so.

JNA17
03-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Dwight don't pull a lebron now, your a future laker, your better then that :p

Flash3
03-08-2011, 06:41 PM
dwght tweeted a fan that he didnt want to leave...

tbomlad
03-08-2011, 09:51 PM

You will not see him in NYC so you can forget that dream. LA has a LONG shot but it would take a lot for that to happen since Orlando is where Dwight wants to be.

tbomlad
03-08-2011, 09:55 PM
he's definitely not staying... He would LOVE to win a championship in Orlando and he would LOVE to finish his career there.. He wants to become a free agent obviously so that's why he's giving the Magic hope that they can resign him and not trade him away.. he wants to get a big pay day and he wants to go to his team of choice.. I guarantee it

Clueless :facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
03-08-2011, 10:21 PM

Nice!!! So you enjoy spending your time playing mind games with a 10y old little kid??? You must live quite the exciting life Mr. Suave... Glad to see you spreading the hate thou....

Rndy
03-08-2011, 10:24 PM
If you surround your superstars with talent to win they will be happy. If they get Howard some more talent around him he will stay.

Raph12
03-09-2011, 03:13 AM
Thanks for the breakdown I appreciate it.

Phil has been smart if limiting Bynum's minutes since he came back from injury. I would love to keep Andrew and see him progress but the risk of losing out on D12 is too big to pass up especially with Kobe getting older.

Np, I like Bynum and I'd love the Magic to still remain competitive after Dwight's departure, with a healthy Bynum, I think it's very possible... Bynum has a lot of upside, but compared to Dwight, it's just not comparable and LA knows it.

You have to bear in mind Lopez suffered from mononucleosis this past offseason, which undoubtedly takes a toll on your body and although you will be cured from it, you still feel the debilitating effects of it in your system. I think if you watch him next year, he'll resemble more of the player he was in his first and second years, hopefully more aggressive, and hopefully more muscular. And Brook also becomes a RFA in 2012, he's still on a rookie contract

Lopez was at his best as a rookie, if he put up 15-10-2 on 53fg% in 36mpg right now, maybe teams would take him more seriously but he hasn't played to that level for a while now. He's looking for his offense more and focusing less and less on the dirty work (rbs, blks, etc...). I just don't see that passion and drive to get those boards and contest those shots. I see those qualities in Bynum on both ends most of the time.

It's not something you can teach, it's just something you have in you, plus at 7' 290, Bynum has the body of a real center... No offence dude, I just don't think you guys have a realistic shot, seeming as how both LA and Chitown have better offers.

BigCityofDreams
03-09-2011, 09:38 AM
True Bynum has upside but Dwight is on another level. He has improved so much since he came into the league and since the center position isn't a deep one he can dominate for yrs.

Crackadalic
03-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Trade whoever the have to trade for cp3 then he'll have a bigger smile on his face