PDA

View Full Version : The Offical: Will The NJ Devils Make The Playoffs.

Thumper 88
03-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Place: Team:................... GP GR PTS HG AG

7th New York Rangers ..........68 14 74 7 7

8th Buffalo Saberes ............ 65 17 72 9 8

9th Carolina Hurricanes ........ 66 16 71 10 6

10th Toronto Maple Leafs ......66 16 67 7 9

11th Atlanta Thrashers ........ 66 16 65 6 10

12th New Jersey Devils ......... 65 17 64 9 8

Teams remaing schedule with combined winning percentage:
New York:
ANH, SJ, NYI, MON, PIT, FLA, OTT, BOS, BUF, NYI, PHI, BOS, ATL, NJD. .488% last 10 games .481 %
Buffalo:
PIT, BOS, TOR, OTT, CAR, ATL, NSH, MON, FLA, NJD, TOR, NYR, WAS, CAR, TB, PHI, CLS. .4905% last 10 games .503%
Carolina:
ATL, WAS CLS, BUF, TOR, NYI, OTT, TB, TB, WAS, MON, NYI, BUF, DET, ATL, TB. .483% last 10 games .499%Toronto:
NYI, PHI, BUF, TB, CAR, FLA, BOS, MIN, COL, DET, BUF, BOS, OTT, WAS, NJD, MON. .497% last 10 games .513 %Atlanta:
CAR, NJD, PHI, NJD, PHI, BUF, NYI, VAN, MON, PHI, BOS, NSH, NYR, CAR, PIT. .494% last 10 games .528 %
Devils:
OTT, ATL, NYI, ATL, OTT, WAS, CLS, BOS, PIT, BUF, NYI, PHI, MON, PHI, TOR, NYR, BOS. .483% last 10 games .532%

At first look you think there is no way because of Carolina's easy schedule with a lot of home games and Buffalo with more points and and no games in hand. Well let me break it down to you.

11th Atlanta Thrashers, I really don’t need to talk about them. We will pass them in a week or less. I predict a 12 place finish.
10th Toronto Maple Leafs, are playing very good hockey right now. Tho I don’t think they can keep it up givin that they have a tough schedule, more away games and there last 10 games are going to be rough. I predict a 11th place finish.
9th Carolina Hurricanes, Have a very easy schedule with most games being at home. I personnaly think the 8th seed is theres to lose. They are how ever very inconsistent which gives me reason to believe. This is very hard for me to predict. It’s a toss up. I hope Im wrong but I see Carolina nugging the 8th and final spot from the Devils. I predict a 8th place finish.
8th Buffalo Saberes, Have as many games remaining as we do and seem to be playing really well. Mix that in with a mediocre schedule and your looking at a team making the playoffs. I predict a 7th place finish.
7th New York Rangers, Just when you think they were looking bad they win a game 7-0. They are also very inconsistent even with a fairly easy schedule ahead I just don’t see them making the playoffs. There last 10 are rather easy tho. I predict a 10th place finish.

Now if you really think about it, the winning percentages of the teams is not really a way to determine the strength of the remaining schedules. For example Look at PHI they have a wining % of .615% but in there last 11 games they are at a .363%. NJD they have a wining % of .461% but in there last 24 games they are at a .833%. All in all I really think New Jersey Devils have a shot. Tho they need some luck, some teams to lose, and win most if not all remaining games.

GP= Games Played GR= Games Remainin PTS= Points HG= Home Games AG= Away Games.

Giroux 4 MVP
03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
who knows what will happen thats the fun of it

Thumper 88
03-07-2011, 07:37 PM
I wish this forum would have more fans in here. At least you(giroux) reads my posts. I do put alot of time into them.

MaineBlackBear
03-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I think this week will help determine of the Devils have a real shot or not. If they go 3-0 and NYR go 0-2 the the Devils would be 4 pts. back of the Rangers with 2 games in hand. They also really need Carolina to go 0-3 or 1-2 , and Buffalo to go 1-3 or 0-4 but I highly doubt that happens. However if it did happen we could possibly see our Devils 4 pts back at the end of the week.

Thumper 88
03-07-2011, 10:59 PM
I think this week will help determine of the Devils have a real shot or not. If they go 3-0 and NYR go 0-2 the the Devils would be 4 pts. back of the Rangers with 2 games in hand. They also really need Carolina to go 0-3 or 1-2 , and Buffalo to go 1-3 or 0-4 but I highly doubt that happens. However if it did happen we could possibly see our Devils 4 pts back at the end of the week.

our next 5 games really dont mean much(they do ofcourse)... but we have to win these because our schedule gets ALOT more difficult. Our last 10 games are going to be the hardest out of all the teams I mentioned above.

MaineBlackBear
03-07-2011, 11:07 PM
I just simply meant that this week is big because we do have the easy part of our schedule now. It will be a lot easier for us to close the gap now, then it will be 2 weeks from now when we play the Caps, Bruins, Sabres, etc

Thumper 88
03-07-2011, 11:12 PM
I just simply meant that this week is big because we do have the easy part of our schedule now. It will be a lot easier for us to close the gap now, then it will be 2 weeks from now when we play the Caps, Bruins, Sabres, etc

Very ture... Your right! Now is the time. If we close the gap it will really put the pressure on NY Rangers, Carolina Hurricanes, and Toronto Maple Leafs. And IF we make the playoffs there will be no team that want to play us. Right now if the cup was on the line the Devils would be taking it home. To bad we choked so hard in the first half of the season.

MaineBlackBear
03-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Imagine how scary we can be if we sneak into the playoffs and get Parise back. I honestly think we could at least make the conference finals. Will just have to see how the next month plays out. I agree with you about the Canes, Leafs, and Rangers being the teams we need to worry about. I dont see us beating Buffalo.

Thumper 88
03-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Imagine how scary we can be if we sneak into the playoffs and get Parise back. I honestly think we could at least make the conference finals. Will just have to see how the next month plays out. I agree with you about the Canes, Leafs, and Rangers being the teams we need to worry about. I dont see us beating Buffalo.

Yeah the more I think about it the more I dont think we make it. Toronto I think we over take in two weeks or sooner. And I think by april we will be tied with NY rangers and then pass them in the final week. Its damn carolina. They have a very easy schedule and home games. We are 3x the team they are and could sweep them in a series. I just hope they lose some games, and stay inconsistent. Yeah If we make the playoffs alot of people will be changing there CUP picks, guarantee that!!

theciveng
03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
yea and we still have a game against the Rangers. I think we pass them, and Tor. We also have a game against Buff. but the only way i see us passing them is we tie them in points and we own the tiebreaker. The team that we need to worry about are the Canes as stated already we don't see them again and what has me worried is the fact that they are playing bad. The things that go down will come up and I think they are going to peak during the last two weeks or so and make this comeback even harder.

With that said i believe the Devils will make it, it's just to big a streak and run to not make it. Lets go Devils

iamgointowin
03-08-2011, 04:41 PM
If they make it in, is this the best comeback in sports history, better than the Sox coming back from 0-3

Thumper 88
03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
If they make it in, is this the best comeback in sports history, better than the Sox coming back from 0-3

I think it could be considered the greatest turnaround from the first half of the season to the second half. If they make it in, and if they win the cup it should be the greatest come back ever. Its going to take more than us winning almost every game. The other teams have to lose 40% of there games also.

KJL
03-08-2011, 07:59 PM
I think it could be considered the greatest turnaround from the first half of the season to the second half...

It would be an outright miracle! Personally I think the Dev's are shooting themselves in the foot - Playing as well as they are they will probably just miss the playoffs and miss out on the lottery. Wouldn't Couturier or Hopkins look good feeding Kovy next year?

Thumper 88
03-08-2011, 09:03 PM
It would be an outright miracle! Personally I think the Dev's are shooting themselves in the foot - Playing as well as they are they will probably just miss the playoffs and miss out on the lottery. Wouldn't Couturier or Hopkins look good feeding Kovy next year?

True.. But what do you want them to do, lose every game? that would not look good to the fans. And also wether they make it or not they are making a statement (that they can be a great tream) for next year.

While typing this OTT takes a 1-0 lead. :mad:

Thumper 88
03-09-2011, 01:06 AM
I really dont want to be the one to say this but.... I would like johan hedberg back in the net. Devils most likely will not make the playoffs playing like this. They need to take full avantage of the easy part in there schedule. It gets very hard the last 10 games.

MaineBlackBear
03-09-2011, 08:04 AM
What a lousy game last night. Were still not done quite yet but picking up 2 pts last night would have been big with Buffalo losing in regulation and Toronto losing in OT. We have to win our next 5 otherwise I think you can say goodbye to any chances of them making the playoffs.

Thumper 88
03-09-2011, 09:04 PM
What a lousy game last night. Were still not done quite yet but picking up 2 pts last night would have been big with Buffalo losing in regulation and Toronto losing in OT. We have to win our next 5 otherwise I think you can say goodbye to any chances of them making the playoffs.

Your right we are not done quite yet. Alanta is up 2-0 on Carolina should ATL win tonight and NYR lose. Nothing has changed in the standings only we have one less game to do it in and the schedule is going to get harder. Thus I really dont see us making the playoffs when we are playing like we are. Cause lets face it we really havnt been playing solid hockey the last few games. Johan needs to be behind the net next game, and keep switching them out every game

MaineBlackBear
03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Well last night went almost as well as it could have, were still 8 out on both carolina and buffalo, and 10 on NYR. We need those teams to continue to lose this week. I think we beat Atlanta and NYI and end the week 6 pts back of 8th. I know thats optimistic because Buffalo still has 3 games left but I see them going 1-2, and I see Carolina going 1-1. Hopefully the Rangers lose their second game of the week as well. This team could definetely make up 6 pts over 3 weeks of hockey. No more losses to the lowly senators though.

Thumper 88
03-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Well last night went almost as well as it could have, were still 8 out on both carolina and buffalo, and 10 on NYR. We need those teams to continue to lose this week. I think we beat Atlanta and NYI and end the week 6 pts back of 8th. I know thats optimistic because Buffalo still has 3 games left but I see them going 1-2, and I see Carolina going 1-1. Hopefully the Rangers lose their second game of the week as well. This team could definetely make up 6 pts over 3 weeks of hockey. No more losses to the lowly senators though.

That loss is still stinging me. If we end up 6 points out I will be happy. NYR need to lose to SJ.

iamgointowin
03-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Thumper, come on Brodeur needs to be in net, he had a bad stretch this season but he is not done and just cause a player goes through a slump doesnt mean he will not play to his top level which is higher that Hedberg the rest of the year

Thumper 88
03-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Thumper, come on Brodeur needs to be in net, he had a bad stretch this season but he is not done and just cause a player goes through a slump doesnt mean he will not play to his top level which is higher that Hedberg the rest of the year

True, I love Brody but they always over play him. He doesnt need to play every game. I say he should play every 2 out of 3 games. Plus Johan has (or did) a hot hand. Again I love Brody but the I love the Devils more. Whatever it takes to win, make the playoffs and win the cup.

Thumper 88
03-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Good win for the Devils. Carolina didnt get any points either. Its looking good Devil Fans!!

MaineBlackBear
03-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Nice win tonight! It was good to pick up 2 pts on everybody in front of us except the Thrashers. We now sit 2pts back of Toronto and Atlanta with a game in hand on each, 6 pts back of Carolina with a game in hand on them, and 8 pts back of NYR with 2 games in hand on them.

Tomorrow is a big day for us. We need to beat the red hot Islanders, we need Columbus to beat Carolina, the Sharks to beat the Rangers, Toronto to beat Buffalo ( although if they dont Ill get over it), Philly to beat Atlanta, and Tampa to beat Florida. If by some miracle all of that happened and then Ottawa were to beat Buffalo on Sunday the standings at the end of the week could look like this:
Buff-76
NYR-74
Caro-72
NJ- 68
Tor-68
Atl-68
NYI-64
Flo-63

We would have a game on Buffalo, 2 on the Rangers, and 1 game each on Carolina, Toronto, and Atlanta. And wed be sitting 6 pts back of 7th and 8th with 15 games left and games in hand. Definitely need a win first and foremost though. Too bad we lost to the Senators but they are playing some good hockey right now. They beat Tampa tonight.

Thumper 88
03-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Nice win tonight! It was good to pick up 2 pts on everybody in front of us except the Thrashers. We now sit 2pts back of Toronto and Atlanta with a game in hand on each, 6 pts back of Carolina with a game in hand on them, and 8 pts back of NYR with 2 games in hand on them.

Tomorrow is a big day for us. We need to beat the red hot Islanders, we need Columbus to beat Carolina, the Sharks to beat the Rangers, Toronto to beat Buffalo ( although if they dont Ill get over it), Philly to beat Atlanta, and Tampa to beat Florida. If by some miracle all of that happened and then Ottawa were to beat Buffalo on Sunday the standings at the end of the week could look like this:
Buff-76
NYR-74
Caro-72
NJ- 68
Tor-68
Atl-68
NYI-64
Flo-63

We would have a game on Buffalo, 2 on the Rangers, and 1 game each on Carolina, Toronto, and Atlanta. And wed be sitting 6 pts back of 7th and 8th with 15 games left and games in hand. Definitely need a win first and foremost though. Too bad we lost to the Senators but they are playing some good hockey right now. They beat Tampa tonight.

I think if Toronto won they would have 70 points and we would be 6 points back of 7th and 6 points back of 8th. Because Baffalo would still be at 74 not 76. But I like it!! Its possible.

MaineBlackBear
03-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Good call on the pts, I dont know why I switched Buffalo and Toronto pts from todays game, but yes, I do think 6 pts is a possibility, especially considering we play all those teams in front of us 1 more time except Carolina. The other great thing is our first two games next week are the Thrashers and Senators again. Both games they should win. I dont know what the other teams schedules are next week, i havent looked yet. But if we could cut it to 2-4 pts back by the end of next week will be right in the thick of it. Like you said earlier thumper that loss against the Sens still has me angry. It would have been so awesome if they could have come out of tonight 4 pts back of 8th.

Thumper 88
03-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Good call on the pts, I dont know why I switched Buffalo and Toronto pts from todays game, but yes, I do think 6 pts is a possibility, especially considering we play all those teams in front of us 1 more time except Carolina. The other great thing is our first two games next week are the Thrashers and Senators again. Both games they should win. I dont know what the other teams schedules are next week, i havent looked yet. But if we could cut it to 2-4 pts back by the end of next week will be right in the thick of it. Like you said earlier thumper that loss against the Sens still has me angry. It would have been so awesome if they could have come out of tonight 4 pts back of 8th.

Man I feel a bro. Im still not a believer yet. I will be if we are 6 points out at weeks end. Cause if we are not it will be another week lost. It feels like we have been a 8 points back for weeks now, or its just moving really slow for me. lol. I REALLY WANT THE DEVILS TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. I just have a feeling if they do we are going to the CUP.

Thumper 88
03-12-2011, 05:49 PM
@MaineBlackBear
I just seen that you live in the most Eastern part of the contry and I live in the most western part the continental united states. I thought that was kinda of funny anyways GGGGOOOOO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!

sportzkid1503
03-12-2011, 07:48 PM
I really dont want to be the one to say this but.... I would like johan hedberg back in the net. Devils most likely will not make the playoffs playing like this. They need to take full avantage of the easy part in there schedule. It gets very hard the last 10 games.

there is no goaltender i would ever trust as much as number 30. i dont care if hes old. as long as hes here hes the goalie for the new jersey devils. and if were gonna win were gonna win with Martin Brodeur in net.

Thumper 88
03-12-2011, 08:51 PM
there is no goaltender i would ever trust as much as number 30. i dont care if hes old. as long as hes here hes the goalie for the new jersey devils. and if were gonna win were gonna win with Martin Brodeur in net.

I love the guy too but he is human, he needs rest.

Thumper 88
03-12-2011, 08:52 PM
So far after one

NJD up by 1
Buff tied with toronto
ATL down by 1
Car down by 1

Lookin good so far.

Thumper 88
03-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Nice move brody!! Yeah!! they scored a goal on our power play!! Sweet!!

Thumper 88
03-12-2011, 11:21 PM
How in the world did ATL come back and win? Thats just crazy... Anyways Carolina and Buffalo lost in regulation so thats good news. Good win tonight for the DEVILS keep it rolling boys!!! 6 Points out and counting!!

MaineBlackBear
03-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Yea that Atlanta game was crazy, I cant believe Philly lost like that. It was nice to see the Devils pick up another 2 pts tonight. They are winning these close games somehow on a consistent basis. If the Rangers lose tonight and Buffalo loses tomorrow we will be 6 pts back of 7th and 8th. I did the math for next weeks schedule as well, and if things were to miraculously go in our favor the Devils could hold a playoff spot at the conclusion of the week. But not good to get ahead of ourselves. We do need to cut it to 4 back by the end of next week though.

Giroux 4 MVP
03-13-2011, 12:04 PM
they lost cause they forgot theres 3 periods in hockey........so stupid

Thumper 88
03-13-2011, 12:08 PM
they lost cause they forgot theres 3 periods in hockey........so stupid

Can you please go into there locker room slap them all in the face, and tell them they need to help out NJD make the playoffs because right now they are not doing that.

MaineBlackBear
03-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Well this just stinks. We finish the week back 8 pts again. Yes they have a few games in hand on the NYR and one on Buffalo but things are going to be rough from here on out. We really need things to break our way this week. That means winning all of our games and having Buffalo and New York lose all of theirs, as well as toronto and atlanta. Carolina is allowed 1 win(their game against Buffalo).

Thumper 88
03-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Well this just stinks. We finish the week back 8 pts again. Yes they have a few games in hand on the NYR and one on Buffalo but things are going to be rough from here on out. We really need things to break our way this week. That means winning all of our games and having Buffalo and New York lose all of theirs, as well as toronto and atlanta. Carolina is allowed 1 win(their game against Buffalo).

We need some luck... And all these one goal games in OT are killing me.

Giroux 4 MVP
03-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Can you please go into there locker room slap them all in the face, and tell them they need to help out NJD make the playoffs because right now they are not doing that.

if i could i do a hell lot more then slap them.....****ing pathetic that we lead the conference and we cnt close down the lowly thrashers

benzni
03-14-2011, 10:34 AM
If the devils can get balanced scoring from everyone (anssi salmela:clap:) then they can accomplish a playoff berth. Also nice research on the winning percentage and schedule

Thumper 88
03-14-2011, 10:45 AM
If the devils can get balanced scoring from everyone (anssi salmela:clap:) then they can accomplish a playoff berth. Also nice research on the winning percentage and schedule

Thank you it took some time, I had to do it all my self. although I did use a calculator lol.

Thumper 88
03-14-2011, 10:47 AM
If I have time I will do another one here soon. although we really havnt made any progress from last week.

benzni
03-14-2011, 11:09 AM
i cant stand the fact that we are winning games, but not gaining ground. NYR, and BUF both need to lose so we can get a chance at a spot

Thumper 88
03-14-2011, 02:36 PM
i cant stand the fact that we are winning games, but not gaining ground. NYR, and BUF both need to lose so we can get a chance at a spot

It sucks I know. We did gain 2 points on 7th place and remained the same back on the 8th seed. We still have some more games to play and two of them being aginst 1 buffalo and 1 NY Rangers. We can not lose anymore! I will have the break down here after I get off work.

Thumper 88
03-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Place: Team:................... GP GR PTS HG AG
7th New York Rangers .......... 70 12 76 7 5
8th Buffalo Saberes .............. 69 13 76 8 5
9th Carolina Hurricanes ......... 69 13 72 8 5
10th Toronto Maple Leafs ..... 69 13 70 5 8
11th Atlanta Thrashers ......... 69 13 70 5 8
12th New Jersey Devils ......... 68 14 68 7 7

New York:
NYI, MON, @PIT, FLA, OTT, @BOS, @BUF, @NYI, @PHI, BOS, ATL, NJD.
Buffalo:
CAR, ATL, NSH, @MON, FLA, NJD, @TOR, NYR, @WAS, @CAR, TB, PHI, @CLS.
Carolina:
@BUF, TOR, NYI, OTT,@ TB, TB, @WAS, MON, @NYI, BUF, DET,@ATL, TB.
Toronto:
TB, @CAR, @FLA, BOS, @MIN, @COL, @DET, BUF, @BOS, @OTT, WAS, @NJD, MON.
Atlanta:
@NJD, PHI, @BUF, @NYI, VAN, OTT, @MON, @PHI, @BOS, @NSH, @NYR, CAR, PIT.
Devils:
ATL, @OTT, WAS, @CLS, @BOS, @PIT, @BUF, NYI, PHI, MON, @PIT, TOR, @NYR, BOS.

11th Atlanta Thrashers, I really don’t need to talk about them. We will pass them in a week or less. I predict a 12 place finish

10th Toronto Maple Leafs, are playing very good hockey right now. Tho I don’t think they can keep it up givin that they have a tough schedule, more away games and there last 10 games are going to be rough. I predict a 11th place fin

9th Carolina Hurricanes, Have a very easy schedule with most games being at home. I personaly thought the 8th seed was theres to lose but have changed my mined due to there inconsistent play. I have changed my thoughts on Carolina given the fact that they are so inconsistent. I predict a 10th place finish.

8th Buffalo Saberes, have one less games remaining and still seem to be playing really well. Mix that in with a mediocre schedule, mostly home games and your looking at a team making the playoffs. I predict a 7th place finish.

7th New York Rangers, Just when you think they were looking bad they win a game 7-0. They have been inconsistent, but with a fairly easy schedule ahead I have changed my mind, and believe they are the team that we have to beat to make the playoffs. It will come down to the wire only because we cant win every game. There last 10 are rather easy tho I still predict a 9th place finish.

With all that being said, I now believe New Jersey Devils will make the playoffs. We still have to win almost or if not all games, which is very possible. The 1 goal wins in OT are nice and all but its taking years off my life from all the stress. Memo to the Devils, keep wining, but get ahead in the first period please.

GP= Games Played GR= Games Remainin PTS= Points HG= Home Games AG= Away Games.

MaineBlackBear
03-14-2011, 10:32 PM
With Toronto's loss tonight, a win tomorrow will move us into 10th place and hopefully if things go our way we will be 6 back of 7th and 8th and 4 back of 9th. (Carolina beats Buffalo, NYI beat NYR). Lets go Devils!!

Thumper 88
03-15-2011, 12:00 AM
With Toronto's loss tonight, a win tomorrow will move us into 10th place and hopefully if things go our way we will be 6 back of 7th and 8th and 4 back of 9th. (Carolina beats Buffalo, NYI beat NYR). Lets go Devils!!

So if we win 12 out of 14.... For the other teams to tie they would have to go.....

BUF would have to win 8 or 13..... They are making it.
NYR Would have to win 8 of 12....
CAR Would have to win 10 of 13... They will not win 10 more games this season.
TOR Would have to win 11 of 12... NOP
ATL... Not even going to talk about them.

I personaly dont see us going 12 of 14. Im thinking If we keep this play up we will go 10-11 of 14.
The only real threat I see is NYR. There are inconsistent, I see them going 6 or 7 of 12.
the ODDS are slowly getting better for us.

Thumper 88
03-15-2011, 11:45 AM

I personaly would like buffalo to beat Carolina... Why you say... I dont think we can pass buffalo. We have to think about the 8th and final spot. That means beatting out Carolina and NYR. I want to see Carolina lose along with NY.

MaineBlackBear
03-15-2011, 03:05 PM
I guess your right, I just was thinking that if we pick up 2 on them tonight, we still have a head to head matchup, and we have a game in hand that then we would only need to pick up 2 pts on them the rest of the season. Which I feel is very doable. But I can also see your point that we should concentrate on NYR and Carolina.

Thumper 88
03-15-2011, 03:53 PM
As long as 1. We win. 2.NYR lose. That's all that matters tonight.

MaineBlackBear
03-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Nice come back win tonight. That Atlanta non-goal at the end was close, but a win is a win. We are now in 10th sitting 4 back of Carolina and with Buffalo's loss we are now 6 back. The Rangers unfortunately won so they remained 8 pts out in front but we do have an opportunity to cut that total as we pick up both our games in hand on them this week. Got keep the winning ways going and get some revenge on the Senators thursday.

Thumper 88
03-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Nice come back win tonight. That Atlanta non-goal at the end was close, but a win is a win. We are now in 10th sitting 4 back of Carolina and with Buffalo's loss we are now 6 back. The Rangers unfortunately won so they remained 8 pts out in front but we do have an opportunity to cut that total as we pick up both our games in hand on them this week. Got keep the winning ways going and get some revenge on the Senators thursday.

Well said.

benzni
03-16-2011, 10:27 AM
amen for today:pray:

Thumper 88
03-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Hopefully toronto will beat Carolina tonight...

benzni
03-16-2011, 01:30 PM
yea. a regulation win for toronto and luckily there are no other teams of concern.

Thumper 88
03-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Tomorrow is a big day!

Thumper 88
03-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Looking good Toronto is up 3-1

MaineBlackBear
03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Toronto came through with the regulation win so thats a step in the right direction, tomorrow is shaping up to be a big day. With a win tomorrow and losses by Toronto and Atlanta we move back into 10th as well as move within 2 of Carolina, 4 of buffalo, and 6 of New York. Lets go get after it tomorrow Devils.

Thumper 88
03-16-2011, 10:07 PM
If we win tomorrow and Florida beats toronto we will get the 10 postion back, and only 6 points out of 7th with a game in hand and 4 points out of 8th with even games played. Like I said tomorrow is a big day.

Thumper 88
03-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Toronto came through with the regulation win so thats a step in the right direction, tomorrow is shaping up to be a big day. With a win tomorrow and losses by Toronto and Atlanta we move back into 10th as well as move within 2 of Carolina, 4 of buffalo, and 6 of New York. Lets go get after it tomorrow Devils.

lol you beat me to it.

iamgointowin
03-16-2011, 10:32 PM
well now its almost time to start talking about who we want to play in the playoffs instead of are we going to get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumper 88
03-17-2011, 08:04 AM
well now its almost time to start talking about who we want to play in the playoffs instead of are we going to get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol almost but not just yet. Give it two more weeks.

Thumper 88
03-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Today would be a good day to start Johan in net. Save Brody for tomorrows game against the caps.

MaineBlackBear
03-17-2011, 03:30 PM
I completely agree but from what Ive seen from the homepage on here, most major newspapers say Brody will get the start tonight. However with the way Hedberg was playing he could probably give us just as good a chance as Marty would.

Thumper 88
03-17-2011, 03:45 PM
I know, today would be a perfect day for Johan. But the down side he hasn't played or 3 weeks.

MaineBlackBear
03-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Well were down a goal at the end of 1. I hate giving up goals with less than a 2min left in a period, gives the other team all the momentum going into the break. We need a good 2nd period,I cant take waiting through the 3rd to see if they make a dramatic comeback or not.

MaineBlackBear
03-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Wow just wow, way to step up NJ. There goes our game in hand on Buffalo. They better beat the Caps tomorrow so I don't feel as disgusted as I do right now. We really need a Buffalo loss tomorrow as well otherwise our season may pretty much be done. How do you lose to the Senators twice in a week and a half.

Thumper 88
03-17-2011, 11:48 PM
O well... We had a nice run. Im really at a loss for words right. There is still a chance but we will not make the payoffs.

benzni
03-18-2011, 01:27 PM
sens just had their number this year 3-1 season series. It blows to lose to a crappy team twice in a week and a half. Oh Well. It isn't over until its over

MaineBlackBear
03-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Well we now need to win out and pray that Buffalo and Carolina falter. If Buffalo losses tonight and tomorrow, and we win tomorrow wed move with in 4 points of them with a game left against them. This blows so much. I really thought we had a chance of making some noise, but things are looking pretty grim right now.

Thumper 88
03-20-2011, 03:08 AM
Yeah we are done.............. anyone wanna start the offical offseason thread?

benzni
03-20-2011, 11:23 PM
its not over until its over. its slim, but its not over yet

MaineBlackBear
03-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Well we moved in the right direction today thanks to that guy on Nashville. 7 pts back with 10 to play. We have a chance but we need to go 9-1 and that one loss cant be against Buffalo. Im not going to give up hope just yet. If we win out this week against Boston, Pitt, and Buffalo, and Buffalo goes 1-2 or 0-3 I think we could catch them. That would put us between 1-3 pts back with 7 games left. Those Senators games are really what kills me. We should be down 3 pts right now, not 7. Oh well have to keep believing.

Giroux 4 MVP
03-21-2011, 12:27 AM
it puzzles me how the devs loss to the sens and not others but u guys still have a chance its just a tad slimmer now

iamgointowin
03-21-2011, 10:14 PM
the chances of making the playoffs were slimmer when we had 10 wins than they are now. I believe, one shift, one period, one game, at a time. GO DEVS

Thumper 88
03-22-2011, 11:37 AM
^^Dude we are not making the playoffs. Though dont get discouraged we have a top 5 NHL team that could contened for the CUP. Next season lets go get em.

MaineBlackBear
03-22-2011, 08:19 PM
The penalties tonight are such bs. Im so sick of horrible officiating. Boston has all the momentum now, and I would not be surprised if its 3-1 in a couple minutes.

benzni
03-23-2011, 09:31 PM
guys got a point. who knows. maybe miller will get injured, lundqvist gets into a car accident with his gay bud gaborik, and then poof.........