PDA

View Full Version : Amar'e Stoudemire identifies Bosh as one of the Heat players crying.

ks32
03-07-2011, 05:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&id=6188520

ATLANTA -- Carmelo Anthony had the best seat in the house (and this house could have been called Madison Square Garden South given the vocal support the New York Knicks received) for the fourth-quarter onslaught the Knicks laid on the Atlanta Hawks, and he never left his seat.

That's right, Anthony sat on the bench for the final 10:14 Sunday night and watched the Knicks play one of their best stretches since acquiring him, using runs of 11-0 and 8-0 to turn a tight game into a blowout in which the team's newest marquee acquisition played only a minor supporting role.

No Melo? No problem. The Knicks closed out the Hawks despite having their newest star on the sidelines down the stretch.
"I was going to give him two minutes, maybe three [of rest]. He had played the whole second half until that point, and then we started going," coach Mike D'Antoni explained.

"Then I said I'll steal another minute, and then we were up 10. And then I'll steal one more minute, and we were up to 15. And at that point, I might as well leave him over there, and I left him forever," D'Antoni said. "We've got another game tomorrow night, and he's played heavy minutes, and any time I can rest him or Amare in this stretch of games and not jeopardize the game, I'll do that."

The 92-79 victory over the Hawks was even more impressive for the Knicks because they did it without two starters and one key reserve as Chauncey Billups (deep thigh bruise), Ronny Turiaf (sore knee) and Bill Walker (sore knee) were all on the shelf, forcing D'Antoni to use Jared Jeffries for extended minutes and to turn to seldom-used Roger Mason as an extra guard off the bench.

Mason played the entire fourth quarter, and two other reserves played key roles: Shawne Williams, who also played the entire final period, made three of his four 3-pointers in the second half, and Anthony Carter sparked the Knicks by being a defensive pest in the latter stages of the third quarter, forcing turnovers and draining a 3-pointer as New York closed the quarter with an 8-1 run to take a six-point lead into the fourth.

After Stoudemire returned, and with Anthony off the court, the big man appeared much more at ease in the offense, putting the ball on the floor, drawing fouls and scoring 10 of the Knicks' 30 fourth-quarter points.

Stoudemire was even serenaded with a pair of "M-V-P" chants from a crowd heavily laden with Knicks supporters.

"I thought we were home for a second, there were so many New York fans cheering us on. The confidence just grew from there, and it was sort of like a home game in the fourth quarter. It was good," said Stoudemire, who finished with a team-high 26 points.

Knicks Blog
Looking for more information on your Knicks? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Anthony shot just 6-for-18 but had seven assists and seven rebounds, explaining afterward that his vision was affected when he was poked in the left eye in the first quarter by Hawks forward Al Horford.

The poke caused what Anthony called a "migraine" and prompted him to remove his headband from the second quarter on.

Anthony did not directly answer a question regarding how odd it felt for him to watch the final 10 minutes from the bench.

"We had a quick turnaround man. I looked up, and we were up one, then they were up one, then we went up nine, then we went up 15. It just happened so quick, we got stops, Roger and Shawne hit some big shots, Landry [Fields] played extremely well, and then Amare did what he had to do," Anthony said.

The victory, coming on the heels of an embarrassing home loss to Cleveland in which they surrendered 119 points, kept the Knicks from dropping from sixth place in the Eastern Conference standings to seventh, as the surging Philadelphia 76ers won again.

Nobody on New York's roster would dare admit it, but from being around the team you can almost get the sense that the Knicks are especially relishing the prospect of a playoff matchup with the Miami Heat.

When the locker room first opened to reporters after the game, Stoudemire and Anthony were bantering and laughing about players on the Miami Heat crying after their loss earlier Sunday to the Chicago Bulls, with Stoudemire fingering Chris Bosh as the watery-eyed one (although Bosh, when asked by reporters in Miami whether he had cried, said he almost had but did not).

Amare Stoudemire scored 10 of his team-high 26 points in the pivotal fourth quarter.

"I heard Chris Bosh was crying tears," Stoudemire said.

"Tears?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah, tears," Stoudemire replied.

"Wait 'til I call him, man," Anthony said. "I'll be like: 'What are you doing?'"

So ended a night that gave the Knicks a boost of confidence as they head into a stretch in which they'll play three Western Conference opponents in the next four nights, including a back-to-back road set against two teams that have been surging, the Memphis Grizzlies and Dallas Mavericks, before playing 17 of their final 18 regular-season games against teams from the East.

They are clearly a work in progress, with no telling how one game will or will not impact their next.

"We're getting better on the fly," Stoudemire said. "We can become a great team, it's a matter of us being willing to do it every night consistently, and bringing the effort every single night. Tonight we had more effort, and it seems that when we play tougher teams, teams that are tough to beat, we play with more energy.

"And vice versa and on the contrary, when we play teams that are not as good, we don't play with any energy," Stoudemire said. "So if we could play with a consistent energy, we'll be a much better team."

But they'll also need to do that when Anthony and Stoudemire are on the court together, and Sunday showed there will be times when they look to be at their best when one of them is watching -- as strong of a piece of evidence as anything that seven games into the Melo era, they are very much figuring things out on the fly.

RangersMets
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
the witch hunt is on!

bovice163
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Who else would it be?

Trace
03-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Ahaha.

Wonder what Shaq would have said. That RuPaul line was genius.

The-Human-Cigar
03-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Stoudemire fingering Chris Bosh

I think we need to know more about this particular quote... oh... he was indicating that Bosh was the weeping one. My bad... ;)

Meatmypet
03-07-2011, 05:46 PM
They said "a couple" of Heats were crying.. If Bosh is one, who'd be the second?

Trace
03-07-2011, 05:47 PM
I think we need to know more about this particular quote... oh... he was indicating that Bosh was the weeping one. My bad... ;)

Haha did you make an account just to say that?

Sadds The Gr8
03-07-2011, 05:48 PM
what do u expect from the Rupaul of the NBA? this doesn't surprise me at all.

Bullsfan22
03-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Mike Miller

E.O.21
03-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Amare has been talking alot since joining the Knicks. Who does he think he is now

Punk
03-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Who else would it be?

Actually, I was watching Sports center last night and Wade was asked if he was crying and he said "If I was, why would I tell you?...Maybe I was"

All three were crying.

CostanzaNumba0
03-07-2011, 05:55 PM
id be crying too if i ruined my career to become the squeaky 3rd wheel

ks32
03-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Amare has been talking alot since joining the Knicks. Who does he think he is now

The man who keeps NY bumpin til baseball season

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-07-2011, 05:56 PM
More heat threads please...

Meatmypet
03-07-2011, 05:58 PM

The man who resurrected a franchise in limbo. Amare might also be somewhat pissed that Lebron and Wade decided to take Bosh as their "Big 3" instead of him.

He's probably trying to prove them that they chose the wrong big.

CostanzaNumba0
03-07-2011, 05:58 PM

A superstar on the worlds biggest stage, and hes right

magichatnumber9
03-07-2011, 05:59 PM
I kind of hate the Knicks now more then the Heat. So I really wish Amare would shut his mouth. Go win something!

ks32
03-07-2011, 06:00 PM
I kind of hate the Knicks now more then the Heat. So I really wish Amare would shut his mouth. Go win something!

it's his first season here. he currently put us in a pretty solid position to go and win no?

Meatmypet
03-07-2011, 06:00 PM

Monte fan telling people to win something? Lol. He's won more than Ellis has ever had.

Mishmin
03-07-2011, 06:02 PM
The attention that Spolstra comment is getting is ridiculous. This is some middle school gossip.

Mudvayne91
03-07-2011, 06:02 PM
I thought I saw Wade teary eyed in an interview on ESPN just like 30 mins ago. Not that it really matters.

E.O.21
03-07-2011, 06:06 PM
A superstar on the worlds biggest stage, and hes right

He hasn't done ****. Hes a system player

DwayneMVPwade
03-07-2011, 06:06 PM
dont know why there is bad blood between Amare and Bosh. Amare always looks down and bosh. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Bosh

Chi StateOfMind
03-07-2011, 06:07 PM
it had to be mike miller after missing 4 WIDE OPEN threes
and as far as wade crying it probably was cuz he wishes he woulda came to the bulls instead of bring LeBron to miami

baghdadbob
Bosh Spice crying? Really?

justinnum1

yep

BigCityofDreams
03-07-2011, 06:08 PM
The man who keeps NY bumpin til baseball season

:clap:

baghdadbob
03-07-2011, 06:08 PM
dont know why there is bad blood between Amare and Bosh. Amare always looks down and bosh. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Bosh

B/c lots of folks talked smack about how much better Bosh was than Amare.

Now we know.

Slimsim
03-07-2011, 06:09 PM
If stern doesn't get Miami and NY in a first round match then the NBA isn't rigged

mjqusoldier
03-07-2011, 06:10 PM

lmmmfffaoooooo Amare a system player??? You lost all credibility right there. Hes definitely a superstar. He leads all players in 4th quarter scoring and will always be remembered as the man who turned the Knicks around. If he was on the Heat they wouldnt be crying right now lol. I still cant believe every1 thought Bosh was better than Amare smh.

nystandup

A system player :facepalm: you do know that since the trade they have been more of a half court set team and Amare is still able to put in work in 1 on 1 situations

baghdadbob
yep

So 7/8/2010 is the Birth of a Dynasty with not one playoff win?

But Amar'e has not accomplished anything and he is a "system" player?

Funny. The rich irony present when the mentally ******** can opine.

SA5195
Not really suprised that Bosh would be one of the ones crying

John Walls Era
03-07-2011, 06:12 PM

Yup. He talks a lot for a guy being carried by Nash. But now that hes on the Knicks and leading them to a semi-respectable record, hes given a free pass to spew garbage out of his mouth. Well at least we all knew what a classless person he is.

ks32
03-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Yup. He talks a lot for a guy being carried by Nash. But now that hes on the Knicks and leading them to a semi-respectable record, hes given a free pass to spew garbage out of his mouth. Well at least we all knew what a classless person he is.

I'm pretty sure what he's done this year proves he wasn't being carried by Nash but they were a part of a team?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I'm sure Amar'e isn't the only player talking about what happened with the Heat.

Trace

It's sports...lighten. Haven't you ever talked **** to your friends during a pick up game/ during practice/ or against other teams?

It's kind of smart to get under the skin of the person you're trying to beat.

Chi StateOfMind
Not really suprised that Bosh would be one of the ones crying

yup that damn avatar look alike....he shoulda removed his tampon b4 the game

Hustlenomics
03-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Im loving the trash talk Amare's been doing, more players need to be like this !

Trace
I'm pretty sure what he's done this year proves he wasn't being carried by Nash but they were a part of a team?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I'm sure Amar'e isn't the only player talking about what happened with the Heat.

LOL Jared Dudley is talking mad ****.

John Walls Era
Wow... close the thread. Amare- "I heard".... O did you hear it on PSD Amare? Hmmm I wonder what your account name is.

ks32
Im loving the trash talk Amare's been doing, more players need to be like this !

I love the swagger Amar'e brought back to NY

John Walls Era
03-07-2011, 06:17 PM
It's sports...lighten. Haven't you ever talked **** to your friends during a pick up game/ during practice/ or against other teams?

It's kind of smart to get under the skin of the person you're trying to beat.

Meh... terrible smack talk by Amare. Real Smack talk is to tell them they're my ***** and they can't stop me.

bovice163
03-07-2011, 06:18 PM

Hell yeah! I completely agree, need some gritty grimy guys to bring back those epic rivalries we had in the 90s.

I still don't like KG though. :D

John Walls Era

I like it too.... if he said it to Bosh's face.

Minimal
10 or more threads related to Heat in main NBA forum on first page right now. Yep world loves to see Heat losing.

RaiderFan2021
03-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Im so sick of Amare already... him lebron and wade should go cry more

Chi StateOfMind
03-07-2011, 06:21 PM
8 or more threads related to Heat in main NBA forum today. Yep world loves to see Heat losing.

yup

Sadds The Gr8
03-07-2011, 06:22 PM

pshhh...like Rupaul would do something about it

Chi StateOfMind
03-07-2011, 06:23 PM
i wonder how much sh** talkin is gunna go on IF miami ends up winning it all itll b d-day all over again

Mudvayne91
03-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Might as well get rid of these BS touch fouls on superstars too if we are going back to an old school game.

E.O.21
03-07-2011, 06:25 PM
A system player :facepalm: you do know that since the trade they have been more of a half court set team and Amare is still able to put in work in 1 on 1 situations

He is who he is because of Steve Nash and "the system" thats all I have to say

John Walls Era
03-07-2011, 06:26 PM
You do know what happens if Miami wins... and I'm not even talking about PSD right now.

Rivera
03-07-2011, 06:27 PM
melo "wait till i call him" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-07-2011, 06:30 PM
lol we have 12 heat threads in the front page

Hustlenomics
03-07-2011, 06:31 PM

I love the swagger Amar'e brought back to NY

same here!

Hell yeah! I completely agree, need some gritty grimy guys to bring back those epic rivalries we had in the 90s.

I still don't like KG though. :D

yep! lol everyone hates KG :o

Bosh doesn't strike me as the type that'll do something to Amare even if he did

John Walls Era
03-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I hate how I have to defend the Heat when I'm on PSD... I ****ing hate them in real life. Also use to love DRose too, but PSD ruined that too.

mjqusoldier
03-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Im so sick of Amare already... him lebron and wade should go cry more

Na Knicks players dont cry

Chi StateOfMind
03-07-2011, 06:32 PM
I hate how I have to defend the Heat when I'm on PSD... I ****ing hate them in real life. Also use to love DRose too, but PSD ruined that too.

dude turn ur pc off and either get laid or whack off
CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ks32
03-07-2011, 06:34 PM

why do you "have" to?

Flash3
03-07-2011, 06:36 PM
if bosh was indeed crying than he can go **** himself was he always this soft ? but i doubt he actually cried real tears.

saintdrew
03-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Who cares if the Heat players were crying? Gah you guys are such d-bags sometimes.

NYK|NYY
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I love Amar'e!

ManRam
03-07-2011, 06:40 PM
"I heard Chris Bosh was crying tears," Stoudemire said.

Really, that's what this thread is about? Amare saying he heard that Chris Bosh was crying?

Regardless, we don't need multiple threads in the NBA main forum about the Heat players crying. One is enough.

Talk about it here. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596612

EDIT: There isn't even just one, there are two. This is the NBA forum, not the Heat forum. There are currently 10 threads on the first page here about the Heat/Heat players.