PDA

View Full Version : Lebron and Kobe: Please Stop, Lebron Isn't Ready On Any Level....

Tony_Starks
03-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Lebron 0 for 5 in game winners. Last year I believe Kobe had at least 5. All the Lebron fans basically downplayed it and said "So what Lebron could do that to IF HE HAD TO"...... here we are a year later and he can't do it.

Kobe got Gasol and got rings, all Lebron fans said "so what, give him another player and he will too!" Wrong again.

Not to mention Kobe has a sick mid-range and Lebron has yet to develope a consistent J yet.

Not to mention all defense, RINGS, making players better..blah blah blah....

So can we stop now? Will the reasonable people please stand up and say Kobe is just better?

What more has to happen to prove it?

210Don
03-07-2011, 05:07 PM
i think we know this already but kobe is getting older...
anyways wade>lj

Tony_Starks
03-07-2011, 05:10 PM
i think we know this already but kobe is getting older...
anyways wade>lj

You and I know it because we see the rings to prove it. TD was the best, got rings to back it. Kobe got rings to back it. Even D Wade has a ring. I think we get it but its somehow lost on a whooooooooooooole lot of other folks.....

John Walls Era
03-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Glad you got it out of your system. No one thought Lebron is more clutch...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Lebron 0 for 5 in game winners. Last year I believe Kobe had at least 5. All the Lebron fans basically downplayed it and said "So what Lebron could do that to IF HE HAD TO"...... here we are a year later and he can't do it.

Kobe got Gasol and got rings, all Lebron fans said "so what, give him another player and he will too!" Wrong again.

Not to mention Kobe has a sick mid-range and Lebron has yet to develope a consistent J yet.

So can we stop now? Will the reasonable people please stand up and say Kobe is just better?

What more has to happen to prove it?

little premature here

LayZbone
03-07-2011, 05:17 PM

At least wait until June, damn. Season ain't over.

Kobe is a better mid-range shooter, and that makes him a better overall player?

Rings, yeah. But Lebron's a better defender, and his assist numbers suggest that he's not selfish at all. Mo Williams made the all-star team, nuff said. How much longer are we going to use past success to determine players' current ranking? If so, then Shaq and Tim Duncan are top 3 players.

So can we stop now? Will the reasonable people please stand up and say Kobe is just better? What more has to happen to prove it?

No. Kobe's had a better/longer career thus far, but Lebron is the superior player CURRENTLY. If this Miami experiment fails, and Lebron is still ringless, then you have an argument in the context of their all-time rankings.

Kobe has hit a ton of game winning shots, that much is certain. But he has also missed a ton. Last season was special though. He had like 4-5 buzzer-beaters?

Tony_Starks
Glad you got it out of your system. No one thought Lebron is more clutch...

You must have missed the "Kobe isn't clutch" arguments. It went on and on and on with obscure stats and Lebron comparisons and the whole nine.....

whitemamba33
There are a lot of invalid arguments here considering Kobe has much more experience, overall time in the league, and has played on much better teams.

d00d
LBJ is getting more and more pedestrian as he ages. He doesn't even try and play team ball.

He likes 1 on 5

kblo247
Advanced stats say differently, but what those same stats won't say is the expectations behind them. Lebron hasn't been expected to close games that really matter. He hasn't been expected to win rings or compete with the lineage of players who were the jersey before him like Kobe. Now he has a bullseye and expectations to win rings, define an era, and lead a dynasty. As of right now he hasn't shown that he is ready. Bosh hasn't shown it either, but Wade has and he should be the guy to lead them through the fire since he is battle tested, closed finals games that matter, and won against the expectations. Until the day comes where Lebron closes games out and wins against those expectations only then can he be talked about as being an equal or close to Kobe because being the hunter and hunted are worlds apart

dacreator101
03-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Kobe is more clutch i admit, but better...your crazy...lebron has proved he has a jumper this year, inside and out...Yes the HEAT have a problem closing games but they all just have to figure it out...in do time u will see...but kobe is not better then lebron..can he shoot better yes..but overall better no? Kobe will never play 5 positions...Kobe will never make it without another star....also season hasnt ended yet..we will see with outcome is since now lebron has real talent on his team....I bet we wont come out like the lakers when they had(kobe, malon, payton and etc

d00d
03-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Kobe is more clutch i admit, but better...your crazy...lebron has proved he has a jumper this year, inside and out...Yes the HEAT have a problem closing games but they all just have to figure it out...in do time u will see...but kobe is not better then lebron..can he shoot better yes..but overall better no? Kobe will never play 5 positions...Kobe will never make it without another star....also season hasnt ended yet..we will see with outcome is since now lebron has real talent on his team....I bet we wont come out like the lakers when they had(kobe, malon, payton and etc

chalmers is more clutch

Raidaz4Life
03-07-2011, 05:20 PM
little premature here

my thoughts exactly.... although there might have been a few bandwagon heat fans that were expecting to receive rings in March??:confused:

Klivlend
03-07-2011, 05:21 PM
It's so refreshing to see a thread with a new topic. I can't believe there hasn't been at least 200 threads about his in the past 6 months.

BigCityofDreams
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
You must have missed the "Kobe isn't clutch" arguments. It went on and on and on with obscure stats and Lebron comparisons and the whole nine.....

I should have been on the board back then I missed all the fun.

macc
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
And yet another hate Miami thread....I guess that hate people have for Mondays is being taken out on the Miami Heat.

d00d
03-07-2011, 05:23 PM
my thoughts exactly.... although there might have been a few bandwagon heat fans that were expecting to receive rings in March??:confused:

March? Didn't you see the laser light smoke show ring ceremony?

Klivlend
03-07-2011, 05:24 PM
chalmers is more clutch

Such blatant hate. There is no way you are serious here. This has got to be baiting. If you are talking in the past 3 days, maybe. You at least have a case. If you are talking over the course of their careers, not a chance. Stop being such a hating homer.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
Lol when he said LeBron doesn't have a Jumper.

tdunk21
i dont see the need for this thread.....

Sadds The Gr8
03-07-2011, 05:25 PM
in before close

Hustlenomics
tuurible thread

Yunqn
whoever said lebron is more clutch is lying..

But you'll be lying yourself with this thread if you said kobe is better.. age or not.. Even 2 or 3 years ago lebron was better..

Really lebron post kobes numbers in his sleep.. Lebron would have 2 scoring titles added to him if he wasn't sitting the 4th qrt of games in cleveland..

And you'll be lying again if you say kobe or any other player could win mvps'best records, and always get far in the playoffs with the team he's had in his Career.. Of kobe didn't play with two of the greatest people in basketball would he really have much rings?

U know lebrons better and everyone knows that execpt people who are in denial.. Its been a while where lebrons on top so get over it.. Everyone on this site always wait til someone falls so they can kick them while they down.. But noone was saying kobe was better when they lost to Cleveland..

J4KOP99
Jesus man, I hate LeBron as much as the next guy but he hasn't even played in the playoffs with the Heat yet. I mean, at least give him a chance. The Heat could definitely win it this year...

So far it has been fun to watch Miami struggle but they have plenty of talent and its just a matter of time before it all comes together.

It may not be this year or next, but they will definitely see a lot of success in the future.

-The only way they don't is if LeBron turns out to be a "cancer" to the team, Wades knee's fall off and Bosh's feelings get so hurt that he retires.

SteveNash
03-07-2011, 05:27 PM

Kobe was pretty horrible with game winners until last season. Don't base players on an extremely limited sample size.

If you're going to single out a single area, single out the right one.

Fnom11
Wade is far more clutch than Kobe, Lebron is 10x the player Kobe is. We all know.

Tony_Starks
At least wait until June, damn. Season ain't over.

Kobe is a better mid-range shooter, and that makes him a better overall player?

Rings, yeah. But Lebron's a better defender, and his assist numbers suggest that he's not selfish at all. Mo Williams made the all-star team, nuff said. How much longer are we going to use past success to determine players' current ranking? If so, then Shaq and Tim Duncan are top 3 players

No. Kobe's had a better/longer career thus far, but Lebron is the superior player CURRENTLY. If this Miami experiment fails, and Lebron is still ringless, then you have an argument in the context of their all-time rankings.

Kobe has hit a ton of game winning shots, that much is certain. But he has also missed a ton. Last season was special though. He had like 4-5 buzzer-beaters?

I give you props, at least your willing to admit his mid-range is better. Thats more than most Lebron/Heat fans will acknowledge. To your point I admit the playoffs haven't started yet but as of now it doesn't look good. To me yesterday was a signature performance by both players. Still early but we will see....

But as far as careers go I think Lebrons' will forever be tarnished by coming to MIA. If he blows it they'll say "he could've probably did it by himself" and he gets a ring they'll say "he couldn't have done it without Wade".... so I think he's about to enjoy the Kobe treatment!

Fnom11
03-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Such blatant hate. There is no way you are serious here. This has got to be baiting. If you are talking in the past 3 days, maybe. You at least have a case. If you are talking over the course of their careers, not a chance. Stop being such a hating homer.

Chalmers did hit one of the most clutch shots in NCAA history.

b0nk
03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
once lebron's athleticism fades, he's going to suck

JoeyDubb23
03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
IDK mabey its just me but Lebron is not the same player anymore. Last year when we would play the Cavs lebron would single handedly shred us. Now when i watch the Heat i think where did that guy go? I understand he has wade n bosh and has to share but he just does not dominate games anymore. I am no longer afraid of lebron. Id rather face him than the Cavs this year.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Lol when he said LeBron doesn't have a Jumper.

he has a ugly jumper:shrug:

d00d
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
he shoots bricks in the clutch, and that is what this thread is about. It isn't if he has a game or has a jumper.

bulldog312
03-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Being more clutch doesn't mean being better. I think all the criticism surround Lebron for this is unfair. Do we really need to kill him for 1 possession a game?

LAOwnsAll15
03-07-2011, 05:52 PM
People that argue Lebron is still young is bs, hes been in the league long enough to have developed anything resembling a Jumpshot. Not to mention, he would have to win rings at least every other year for the rest of his career to catch up to the Black Mamba

Kobe came in to the NBA just as young and raw, but added to his game. Lets face it, anyone who takes Lebron's back that hard arent much of a basketball enthusiast. Kobe has done it all in his career(which is only 6 years longer then lebrons) he has won 5 rings, won a dunk competition, won the Olympics, played with hall of fame teammates, accused of a felony, and still the longest tenured Laker in history, and is coming pretty close to the overall scoring title.

Lets not forget when Kobe was out to prove a point back in 200X, he was dropping 50 points during a whole weeks worth of games. Nowadays if Lebron hits 50 during a whole week, ESPN would probably write a book about him.

I for one cant wait until Lebron is older, and his only tool (athleticism) has declines to the point where he cant rely on it to score ALL his points. Flashy dunks, Nike deals, and the media treating you like a god doesnt make you a top player.

too bad we will never know how good he is, since hes on the Heat.

Klivlend
03-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Chalmers did hit one of the most clutch shots in NCAA history.

I'll give you that. But that was in college and what, like 5 years ago? One huge shot in college and one big shot in the NBA. Ya, he sure does have a great clutch reputation. Way more clutch performances than LBJ...:rolleyes:

drew_ellis_23
03-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Look at what Kobe and the Lakers have been doing since the break. Good no great players lead their teams when it counts. Lakers always get hot after the break and roll through the playoffs. I am not a Laker fan and I know this. Heat fans are just in denial. They are what I like to call Cavs 2.0. They will win 55 to 60 games and lose in the playoffs. Bulls and Celtics are looking better in the East, and Orlando has a lot of talent, just too many new pieces so if they get in sync they are going to be a threat as well. They would wear anyone out in a 7 game series.

BigCityofDreams
03-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Being more clutch doesn't mean being better. I think all the criticism surround Lebron for this is unfair. Do we really need to kill him for 1 possession a game?

Yea it has been extreme but this is the rode he chose to take. He was put on a pedestal before he played 1 sec in the NBA. He's the one that crowned himself king and put a tattoo of a crown on his arm.I remember for yrs ppl putting Lebron on or past Kobe's level and he hadn't done anything at that point.

Sly Guy
03-07-2011, 05:57 PM
not that I disagree with the conclusion of your argument, but anyone who believes the premise of "rings equal greatness" needs to have their head examined. Last I checked, basketball is a team sport, and no one person can do it all.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Anyone find this hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8tEGn0okXs

Allstar21
03-07-2011, 05:58 PM
how did kobe look his first year with a brand new team? how about we wait to the playoffs and give the heat 1 freaking season before we bury them

kobe is a great player, comparing him to lebron is silly, they dont even play the same position

Should we bring up the one team the Heat has beaten that is considered "elite". How did Kobe do in that game? How did Lebron do?

Miami: L. James 27 Pts, 11 Reb, 10 Ast, 4 Stl
Los Angeles: K. Bryant 17 Pts, 6 Reb, 7 Ast, 1 Stl

But lebron is terrible bcuz a 6-9 PF/SF isn't making 3 pointers at the end of games. Yes Kobe is more clutch, big deal.

JNA17
03-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Really? Is this type of thread really needed?

Allstar21
03-07-2011, 06:01 PM
not that I disagree with the conclusion of your argument, but anyone who believes the premise of "rings equal greatness" needs to have their head examined. Last I checked, basketball is a team sport, and no one person can do it all.

Adam Morroison is a better player than Karl Malone...hes got more rings!

BigCityofDreams
03-07-2011, 06:02 PM
I see ppl don't get the ring argument.

JNA17
03-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Adam Morroison is a better player than Karl Malone...hes got more rings!

and adam is white....I CALL RACIST! BOO THIS MAN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76p_ncbffCE

xxcubs22xx
03-07-2011, 06:08 PM
People that argue Lebron is still young is bs, hes been in the league long enough to have developed anything resembling a Jumpshot. Not to mention, he would have to win rings at least every other year for the rest of his career to catch up to the Black Mamba

Kobe came in to the NBA just as young and raw, but added to his game. Lets face it, anyone who takes Lebron's back that hard arent much of a basketball enthusiast. Kobe has done it all in his career(which is only 6 years longer then lebrons) he has won 5 rings, won a dunk competition, won the Olympics, played with hall of fame teammates, accused of a felony, and still the longest tenured Laker in history, and is coming pretty close to the overall scoring title.

Lets not forget when Kobe was out to prove a point back in 200X, he was dropping 50 points during a whole weeks worth of games. Nowadays if Lebron hits 50 during a whole week, ESPN would probably write a book about him.

I for one cant wait until Lebron is older, and his only tool (athleticism) has declines to the point where he cant rely on it to score ALL his points. Flashy dunks, Nike deals, and the media treating you like a god doesnt make you a top player.

too bad we will never know how good he is, since hes on the Heat.

:clap:

Finally someone has their head on straight.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2011, 06:10 PM
there have been countless Kobe versus LeBron threads. No need to start another one. If you wish to talk about specific possessions, etc, go to the gamethread and state your claim there.