PDA

View Full Version : Overreacting..

rudygetz
03-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't come on these forums much because there's so much overreaction going on. The 06 Championship team had a sub .500 record versus playoff teams and still won it all. I never though we were going to win the Championship this year, with all these stars playing together for the first time. Just relax and take it easy.

Minimal
03-07-2011, 12:04 PM
There is always a Heat forum and you don't need to create a thread for this kind of purpose.

Trace
03-07-2011, 12:04 PM
The 2006 championship team had more depth/more balanced and some of their key players were injured during the season which resulted in losses.

sep11ie
03-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Cool story bro. Coulda used some Monta Ellis in it.

210Don
03-07-2011, 12:27 PM
ok.....

Shonuff
03-07-2011, 12:28 PM
^^What he said^^

Teeboy1487
03-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Heat forum man.

marlinsfan24
03-07-2011, 12:30 PM

Monta Ellis said the Heat would win it all this season :D

Mishmin
03-07-2011, 12:40 PM
HEAT FORUM. But for the record, you're right. The playoffs will be a whole different story from the regular season.

m26555
03-07-2011, 12:42 PM
HEAT FORUM. But for the record, you're right. The playoffs will be a whole different story from the regular season.
I hate when people make statements like this when it comes to teams with no playoff experience. Saying that for the Lakers is one thing; saying it for the Heat is another. There is a reason why the Miami players were crying in the locker room after yesterday's loss. They obviously give a damn about the regular season.

RZZZA
03-07-2011, 12:53 PM
it happened in 2006 so obviously history will repeat itself. Right?

:rolleyes:

Mishmin
03-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I hate when people make statements like this when it comes to teams with no playoff experience. Saying that for the Lakers is one thing; saying it for the Heat is another. There is a reason why the Miami players were crying in the locker room after yesterday's loss. They obviously give a damn about the regular season.

Obviously they do give a damn about the regular season. You're missing my point. I'm a celtic, and I am expecting nothing less than them crushing the heat in the post season. My point is that crazier things have happened than a weaker team with star players making upsets in the playoffs.

Mishmin
03-07-2011, 12:58 PM
I should have said "the playoffs *could* be a different story"

bovice163
03-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Monta Ellis. BTW there is a pretty fine line between sub .500, and downright terrible at 1-9 against elite teams, whatever makes you feel better though.

Raph12
03-07-2011, 01:01 PM
You creating this thread is "overreacting" on its own lol...

SteBO
03-07-2011, 01:01 PM

No. It just proves you can't put too much stock in the regular season, as fans. Obviously not the heat players.

John Walls Era
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM

I agree with the analysis, but the Heat players have experience in the playoffs.

RZZZA
03-07-2011, 01:07 PM
No. It just proves you can't put too much stock in the regular season, as fans. Obviously not the heat players.

it proves no such thing, all it indicates is that the improbable happened in 2006 and its unlikely to occur like that again, since circumstances are so different.

SteBO
03-07-2011, 01:10 PM
it proves no such thing, all it indicates is that the improbable happened in 2006 and its unlikely to occur like that again, since circumstances are so different.

OK. True. But it can happen. Regular season and playoffs are two completely different animals, if you think Miami is going to play this way in the playoffs, with Dwyane Wade and LeBron James on the team, sorry, but you'll be wrong.

ghettosean
03-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Heat forum... and whats all the love for Monta Ellis for?!?

SteBO
03-07-2011, 01:12 PM

:shrug: idk

RZZZA
03-07-2011, 01:13 PM
OK. True. But it can happen. Regular season and playoffs are two completely different animals, if you think Miami is going to play this way in the playoffs, with Dwyane Wade and LeBron James on the team, sorry, but you'll be wrong.

I keep hearing this from Heat fans, because you don't seem to realize that relying on Lebron and Wade to do everything in the regular season hasn't worked too well, and its probably not going to work too well in the playoffs either.

you need a real team, not 2 guys beasting.

John Walls Era
03-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Why is Ellis always mentioned? Its not all that funny.

WolvesJagsOs
03-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Like everyone else said, Heat forum.

Draco
03-07-2011, 01:22 PM
i'm old school in believing that you play how you practice.. and translating that to regular season vs. post season, i dont see the heat kicking it into 5th gear simply because they have wade and lebron and all of the 'experience' they bring.

SteBO
03-07-2011, 01:22 PM
I keep hearing this from Heat fans, because you don't seem to realize that relying on Lebron and Wade to do everything in the regular season hasn't worked too well, and its probably not going to work too well in the playoffs either.

you need a real team, not 2 guys beasting.

I understand that completely. But realize that MIA has time to figure things out, and you can't assume the bench is going to continue to suck for the rest of the year, especially when the stakes are high. You're also missing Chris Bosh, which may seem funny to you, but he did play well against you guys and is still a threat, whether you wanna believe that or not. That's like saying "Boozer is a choker and will be a nonfactor come playoff time", or "the Bulls' bench is overrated since their points rely heavily on Rose penetration". Get my drift. Fact is, you can't assume it's going to be the same old story just because of regular season occurences. Trust me, it's not the greatest indicator. If it was, there would be no point of the playoffs. Might as well hand the Spurs the championship since they have the better record, or hand it to the Bulls since they have such a good record vs. elite teams. Don't you see how silly that sounds? Please. Do not take the bait.

RZZZA
03-07-2011, 01:25 PM
ok, but all indications from the regular season point to the suggestion that the Heat need more than just 3 players having good games to beat the elite teams. Last night Wade, Lebron and Bosh all had great games, look at their stat line.

Something about the Heat team seems off, and it's not just about the bench not playing well or one person not playing well or trouble closing out games or anything like that. It just feels like there isn't such great chemistry on the Heat as there is on other teams.

ghettosean
03-07-2011, 01:36 PM
ok, but all indications from the regular season point to the suggestion that the Heat need more than just 3 players having good games to beat the elite teams. Last night Wade, Lebron and Bosh all had great games, look at their stat line.

Something about the Heat team seems off, and it's not just about the bench not playing well or one person not playing well or trouble closing out games or anything like that. It just feels like there isn't such great chemistry on the Heat as there is on other teams.
In response to that I kind of wonder what is going on behind closed doors like if players are blaming each other and such. Lebron used to be laughing and having a good time on the bench when he was on the Cavs but I don't see that anymore with him or his teammates. Though since the expectations are so high I guess they shouldn't be doing that.

John Walls Era
03-07-2011, 01:36 PM

Good points but the game was close. Its not loke they got destroyed

barreleffact
03-07-2011, 01:38 PM
I honestly feel there is no overreacting. The heat realistically may not get past the 1st round let alone make it to the finals(the reason they came together). Right now they play the knicks and they havent beaten the knicks if im not mistaken. They can beat any seed 4-8 aside from the knicks so they should move up to 2 or down to 4.

Then in the second round the only team they can compete with is Orl. They got swept by Chicago and Boston thus far. Chicago games were close but Boston wasnt. so honestly unless the heat get the 2nd seed, they r taking an early exit IMO

and if the playoffs were to start right now realistically it may come down to boston and knicks in the ECF. thatd be crazy. The games against the knicks earlier in the year were close but now they have melo and billups. It wouldnt be too farfetched to see an LA(SA, Dal) vs NY(Bos) finals. the heat have zero chance and zero confidence IMO.

They need a system. They need ball movement and for Lebron to not be the 4th quarter man that ppl try to claim him to be. Its hilarious how much flak kobe gets for dumb decisions in crunch time, but Lebron has been terrible this year with more talent than Kobe has ever had since Shaq left. Wade needs the ball, but they need spacing and maybe for Lebron to play post. Imagine a pick and roll with Wade and lebron. Thatd be amazing. Wade could throw it anywhere in the gym and Lebron would catch it and dunk or get fouled. Idk. just my thoughts. I could be way off, but Im in Iraq. I dont get to watch the games :(

macc
03-07-2011, 01:38 PM

Why wouldn't there be love for Monta Ellis. His name says it all.

This thread = Heat Forum

This thread + Monta Ellis = multiple threads in public and teams particular forums.

magichatnumber9
03-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Winning

SteBO
03-07-2011, 02:07 PM

OK, stop right there. LeBron and Wade, during this stretch, are the problem here. They've proven they can play together, but I think egos are starting to kick in a little bit here. I dunno what's goin on behind the scenes, but Bosh in particular, has made comments regarding the offense. If you read between the lines of what he's saying, he's referring to one person. It's two words, and it's something I refused to believe. LeBron James.

millerandco
03-07-2011, 02:11 PM
pretty sure its the heat players overreacting...they just cried after loosing to the bulls

MAC10TIZZY
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't come on these forums much because there's so much overreaction going on. The 06 Championship team had a sub .500 record versus playoff teams and still won it all. I never though we were going to win the Championship this year, with all these stars playing together for the first time. Just relax and take it easy.

Are you starting to get nervous about your first sig bet yet?

nitric
03-07-2011, 02:18 PM
How come you didn't ask us if we're mad?

SteBO
03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
How come you didn't ask us if we're mad?

Because some of us have more class than that.

LGH100
03-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I honestly feel there is no overreacting. The heat realistically may not get past the 1st round let alone make it to the finals(the reason they came together). Right now they play the knicks and they havent beaten the knicks if im not mistaken. They can beat any seed 4-8 aside from the knicks so they should move up to 2 or down to 4.

Then in the second round the only team they can compete with is Orl. They got swept by Chicago and Boston thus far. Chicago games were close but Boston wasnt. so honestly unless the heat get the 2nd seed, they r taking an early exit IMO

Heat beat them twice.It's the Bulls that haven't defeated the Knicks.

And Bulls fans can thank the refs for giving them the lead yesterday...

ChiSox219
03-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Two ways to look at this:

The Heat need to be destroyed and rebuilt mentally. Their offense is predictable and at times just plain awkward. All of this negative attention must be taking its toll if guys are crying in the locker room. Once they overcome whatever obstacles they have, the Heat will be lethal. It shouldn't be difficult if this is the case, the Heat's point differential is that of an elite team and all of these close games they lose could just be bad luck.

or...

The way the Heat are constructed, with their two best players overlapping and losing the effectiveness each would have on their own, the Heat will always struggle against good defenses. I feel like everyone is missing this in the "1-9" vs elite teams. All of those elite teams are top 10 defenses and have the personnel to deal with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. These defenses are like an ace starting pitcher, allowing the elite teams to keep the game close down the strecth where these elite teams have a more diverse offensive attack and are able to execute better in the final seconds.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Overreacting is making a stupid thread because your team is the laughing stock of the NBA.

RZZZA
03-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Heat beat them twice.It's the Bulls that haven't defeated the Knicks.

And Bulls fans can thank the refs for giving them the lead yesterday...

whaaaaat? Heat had 16 seconds and the final possession to win or tie

ClayMatthews
03-07-2011, 02:52 PM
There is always a Heat forum and you don't need to create a thread for this kind of purpose.

He hasnt been on here enough to know this :clap:

SundaeBest
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM

A few weeks after the Lakers won their first (of 3peat) championships, I was at a Dodger game in LA and the jumobtron read something like...."the last time the Lakers won a championship, the Dodgers won it all, will history repeat itself?".......I'm still waiting :mad:

ManningToTyree
03-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Really needed a seperate thread to defend your team?

shep33
03-07-2011, 03:11 PM

I agree to an extent, i think Heat fans are worrying way too much. Adversity is good for some teams that can control it. But then again, the East was way weaker back then also. That Detroit team was getting older and really nobody else out east was very good. The Heat deserved that ship, no question, Wade was amazing, but all I'm saying is now they're likely going to have to go through New York, Chicago, and Boston to get to the Finals. Then they'll play one of the Lakers or Spurs. So it's going to be a tough tough road.

jmcelligott92
03-07-2011, 03:18 PM
i bet he feels stupid for that sig lol
and everyone else in the thread

KnicksorBust
03-07-2011, 03:30 PM

In 2006 Shaq won a ring so watch out for the Celtics.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2011, 03:38 PM
This does indeed belong in the Heat forum.

Now, I do think the Heat need to react very strong to this, and their fans should be worried. If they are letting regular season games deflate them this much, then the Heat themselves will not be able to handle the pressure they put on themselves. I do think they have the top 2 players in the NBA (although D12 has a case as well), and will right the ship and be a very, very tough out come playoff time.

But the Heat, and their fans, had better be getting worried about THIS season. The Heat have shown nothing to suggest they will contend to win it all this year against the elite teams. They had better figure it out shortly, because the playoffs are very unforgiving to teams with weakened confidence.

CowboysKB24
03-07-2011, 03:45 PM
You creating this thread is "overreacting" on its own lol...

x2

#1chickhearnfan
03-07-2011, 03:51 PM
the heat are always going to struggle because they failed to strengthen the two most important positions in basketball C and Pg. Every elite team has a good center or a very good point guard.Miami should trade Bosh to get some nice assests for those positions.If miami would've not signed bosh and waited for 012 to take a shot at D. howard they would've been scary. In my opinion if Lebron signed with chicago instead of miami,DAMN THATS A TEAM,chicago had all the pieces perfect for him. Taking nothing away from Dwane Wade he''s a superstar and i believe a better close than Lebron, but thats just me.

abe_froman
03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
there's nothing to suggest this is anything like the 06 team or season.while you can point to that,and yes its possible it can unfold that way,the struggles are very disconcerting.as a fan,i would be and it is effecting the players which doesnt bod well for them

you may not have seen them as a championship winning type team.but many fans did,and more importantly thats how they,the players,saw themselves.and if thats the goal its worrisome whats happening

allSUAVE
03-07-2011, 04:01 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but the Bulls is A better team than the heat ..they have a complete team like the lakers, spurs and Boston ...heat just like the Knicks need Alot more work to do to be in serious contention. Can't really only feed of the stars alone.

#1chickhearnfan
03-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Some of you guys might laugh,But i think the guy that might made a difference for some of miami's problems was in street clothes. Udanis he is and under-sized 5 but can hold his own. He rebounds he defends takes charges has hit big shots for miami in the past, his leadership.

LayZbone
03-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Good points but the game was close. Its not loke they got destroyed

Pretty much all of the Heat's losses to elite teams came down to the last few possessions (with the exception of that blow out in San Antonio). Which is why our record in games decided by 5 pts or less is so awful. Our late game execution needs to improve. As others have stated, it's becoming predictable.

Two ways to look at this:

The Heat need to be destroyed and rebuilt mentally. Their offense is predictable and at times just plain awkward. All of this negative attention must be taking its toll if guys are crying in the locker room. Once they overcome whatever obstacles they have, the Heat will be lethal. It shouldn't be difficult if this is the case, the Heat's point differential is that of an elite team and all of these close games they lose could just be bad luck.

or...

The way the Heat are constructed, with their two best players overlapping and losing the effectiveness each would have on their own, the Heat will always struggle against good defenses. I feel like everyone is missing this in the "1-9" vs elite teams. All of those elite teams are top 10 defenses and have the personnel to deal with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. These defenses are like an ace starting pitcher, allowing the elite teams to keep the game close down the strecth where these elite teams have a more diverse offensive attack and are able to execute better in the final seconds.

Well the heat are also an elite defensive team, but I agree with that last sentence. Lebron James iso hero-ball at the top of the key....Pretty much every team can expect that and prepare for it, because that's exactly what we've done in several game-winner scenarios. Our role players need to step up, or maybe the ball should start in Wade's hands, IDK. I don't doubt that Lebron can lead us to victory every now and then with his immense talent, but for christ's sake Spo, mix it up. Dribble drive down the left side, elbow 3....it's the same crap every time.

This does indeed belong in the Heat forum.

Now, I do think the Heat need to react very strong to this, and their fans should be worried. If they are letting regular season games deflate them this much, then the Heat themselves will not be able to handle the pressure they put on themselves. I do think they have the top 2 players in the NBA (although D12 has a case as well), and will right the ship and be a very, very tough out come playoff time.

But the Heat, and their fans, had better be getting worried about THIS season. The Heat have shown nothing to suggest they will contend to win it all this year against the elite teams. They had better figure it out shortly, because the playoffs are very unforgiving to teams with weakened confidence.

That's my biggest concern. I never thought players like Wade and Lebron would need a boost to their confidence, but maybe Coach Riley needs to get in there and deliver one of his legendary motivational speeches. I still believe that we're talented enough to win a championship. It's definitely not the most conventional team built for playoff success, but I still think it's possible even this year. Given what they've been able to do throughout their careers, I just can't count out a team with Wade and Lebron. But it's going to be very very hard, damn near impossible if they don't believe in themselves, and start figuring out different ways to adjust and win tight ball games.

NothingbutWill
03-07-2011, 05:09 PM

whats with all the Monte Ellis jokes? I don't even get it. Am i missing something here?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-07-2011, 05:19 PM
enough with the heat threads:sigh:

Gram
03-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Cool thread bro.

Chronz
03-07-2011, 08:20 PM
People buy into cliches without studying them, this is no different. Records vs a select sample isnt more important than your efficiency throughout the year

bulls_world23
03-07-2011, 08:31 PM
06 had shaq

hyb152
03-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I agree that there's no need for overreacting. The heat still have a good shot at the championship. However, there should be some concern. Losing that many games by less a basket to top teams would worry me. I'm sure they'll get through it though. They have Lebron James and he can pretty much find a way to do anything on the court, no matter what's happened in the past.

hyb152
03-07-2011, 09:07 PM
enough with the heat threads:sigh:

Now u know how everyone else feels about laker fans. Enough with the bandwagon laker fans :D (not taking shots at u personally)

Jewelz0376
03-07-2011, 09:23 PM
If your team is a title contender and 0-9 against the top 4 teams they shouldn't be concerned...It'd one thing if they were the Lakers or Bos, because those two have proven they can flip the switch come postseason... Mia is still uproven...

In no way is their season over and they can still win it...but to downplay it and act like it's not that big a deal is just as bad...

bmd1101
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM

It's a rarity, look at all the chip teams since. They were all a top type team.

06-07 Spurs 5824
07-08 Celtics 66-16
08-09 Lakers 65-17
09-10 Lakers 57-25

and you were saying?

LayZbone
03-07-2011, 09:34 PM
06 had shaq

they also had this guy (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1)

WADE'S STATS

2006 Finals:
PPG: 34.7
RPG: 7.8
APG: 3.8
SPG: 2.7
FG%: .468
PER: 33.8

2006 Playoffs:
PPG: 28.4
RPG: 5.9
APG: 5.7
FG%: .497
PER: 26.9

2005 Playoffs:
PPG: 27.4
RPG: 5.7
APG: 6.6
FG%: .484
PER: 24.3

2009 Playoffs: One man army, crap supporting cast, and he took a good Hawks team to 7 games.
PPG: 29.1
RPG: 5.0
APG: 5.3
FG%: .439
PER: 26.3

2010 Playoffs: Last year, mind you, for anyone that thinks his best years are behind him. Same roster, vs a much better team in Boston (eventual East champs). Wade was unconscious, they had no answer for him.
PPG: 33.2
RPG: 5.6
APG: 6.8
FG%: .564
PER: 29.4

Healthy Wade is a monster in the playoffs, this is supported by facts and a finals MVP trophy. Shaq was a crucial part of our team's success, but Wade was and STILL IS our ace in the hole. Are the Heat's current regular season problems cause for attention and concern? Yes. Mainly we need to diversify our attack during the final possessions of tight games (where we've lost the majority of our matchups against the league's elite). I'm just saying that based on the evidence, you'd be stupid to discount Wade and the impact he can have in the postseason.