PDA

View Full Version : Bynum DPOY???

Lakers&Kobe=Win
03-07-2011, 02:03 AM
I know it's to late for him to win it this year but if he keeps his defense up post all-star game can he be the DPOY next year??

I definitely think so infact I think he's been the best defensive player since the break hopefully next year after winning his 3rd consecutive ring he keeps it up (;

limeytech
03-07-2011, 02:13 AM
If as you clearly state it's too late for this year...
Why speculate for next year when he hasn't and cannot play one second of a game?

Storch
03-07-2011, 02:18 AM
He needs to be healthy most of the season playing heavy minutes to be dpoy imo...

Lakers&Kobe=Win
03-07-2011, 02:20 AM
If as you clearly state it's too late for this year...
Why speculate for next year when he hasn't and cannot play one second of a game?

Idk just to get peoples opinions on it...

Lakerfrk
03-07-2011, 02:26 AM
I just don't see it.

Kevj77
03-07-2011, 02:27 AM
He needs to be healthy most of the season playing heavy minutes to be dpoy imo...And he would have to bring it every game. So, I voted if healthy and he brings it every night. Even then he would have serious competition.

That's a lot of ifs. Right now I'd just settle for him getting through an entire season healthy. I still believe in Bynum, but I'm a glass is half full type.

IDB Josh M
03-07-2011, 02:48 AM
Maybe next year.

Jewelz0376
03-07-2011, 03:06 AM
Not as long as D12 is still alive next year lol

Vinylman
03-07-2011, 03:37 PM
It is hard for me to imagine that a guy who plays less than 30 minutes a game let alone the amount of games he misses every year has ever won the DPOY award...

Lets just hope he can stay healthy through the playoffs...

Individual awards are for losers....

Lakers measure their success in terms of banners at the staples center

Statik1
03-07-2011, 03:39 PM
It would be a long shot a very loooooooooong shot for him to beat out Dwight, Noah and Perkins.

whitemamba33
03-07-2011, 03:39 PM
He'll have to show people that he can at least play anything near a full season before he's even mentioned in the discussion.

Regardless, it's a typical overreaction that has become very common in these boards. Lakers lose a few games and the world is coming to an end. Lakers win a few games and they might as well put the Lakers on the trophy right now. Bynum has a few bad games and fans are calling for him to be traded. Bynum has a few good games and all of a sudden he's a candidate for defensive player of the year lol.

It's why I take everything that is said here with a grain of salt, and why it has become somewhat of a joke.

Avenged
03-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Dwight is a much better defender than he is. Granted than Bynum is a better shot blocker but there's much more to defending than that.

evadatam5150
03-08-2011, 02:12 AM
I know it's to late for him to win it this year but if he keeps his defense up post all-star game can he be the DPOY next year??

I definitely think so infact I think he's been the best defensive player since the break hopefully next year after winning his 3rd consecutive ring he keeps it up (;

Seriously.. ?? Bynum has committed himself to defense for all of 4 to 6 games and now he's the DPOY.. Wow talk about a knee jerk reaction or just an overwhelming need to start a thread.. Sorry but this just doesn't fly and is completely uninformed..

Lakers&Kobe=Win
03-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Seriously.. ?? Bynum has committed himself to defense for all of 4 to 6 games and now he's the DPOY.. Wow talk about a knee jerk reaction or just an overwhelming need to start a thread.. Sorry but this just doesn't fly and is completely uninformed..

Like I said not this year but next and only if he plays defense like he has been playing lately... Calm down if ur not gonna say anything positive why say anything at all? That's why these are forums people have a right to state their opinions!

PGLakers
03-08-2011, 03:26 AM
I haven't seen much of Kevin Love...but he is a beast on boards. Not sure abt his defense though.

But yeah with DW12...AB is hardly ever going to have a chance to win DPOY.