PDA

View Full Version : How is Chicago not a "superteam"?

NYSpirit1
03-07-2011, 01:46 AM
People seem to pick on the Knicks, Heat and other teams for deliberately forming "superteams" and for Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and Deron Williams to be next to follow suit.

How did the Bulls not do the same? They signed Boozer to a massive contract in the offseason and without him, they wouldn't be nearly where they are now. He's an All-Star (even though he didn't make it this year) and the main reason (besides Rose) the Bulls are elite this season. Arguably, he's played better than Bosh too this season.

Putting an elite PF next to a elite PG sounds like "teaming up" to me.

DaBear
03-07-2011, 01:49 AM
Boozer is the only star player they didn't draft.

Knicks traded for their best players, Miami signed two star players, Boston traded/signed for their players. The Bulls developed a majority of their starters through the draft.

madvillian9
03-07-2011, 01:50 AM
I think your missing the concept here.

thebet
03-07-2011, 01:51 AM
haha... this is the funniest thing I've ever seen

Illinirob83
03-07-2011, 01:55 AM
Signing a Free agent doesn't then make you a "superteam". It is the process of how it went down in Miami, and how it could be going down in New York that separates it. Boozer isn't a superstar in the very least either. He is a borderline all-star who is an undersized PF. Nice player, they had money and needed to make an addition. Since they didn't land LBJ, Wade or Bosh and Amare, Joe Johnson were already signed, Boozer was the best fit left on the market. The rest of their main "stars" or contributors are draft picks (Rose, Deng, Noah).

Chi StateOfMind
03-07-2011, 01:57 AM
luol deng is our second best player RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!PERIOD!!!!!!

RZZZA
03-07-2011, 01:58 AM
pssst,...we ARE a super team, only instead of 3 great players, we have about 4...no...5...somewhere like 8 counting the bench.

nightBULL
03-07-2011, 01:58 AM
People seem to pick on the Knicks, Heat and other teams for deliberately forming "superteams" and for Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and Deron Williams to be next to follow suit.

How did the Bulls not do the same? They signed Boozer to a massive contract in the offseason and without him, they wouldn't be nearly where they are now...
I think its because of the way Chicago's team was formed. They didn't go out and trade for a superstar to become instantly better like New York who brought in Amare or Miami with Bosh and Lebron. Instead they drafted their superstar and built around him over the past few seasons, similar to what OKC has done with Durant. This offseason the bulls primarily added role players. Boozer is a great addition to the team, but he's essentially a role player that provides the team with low post offense.

iggypop123
03-07-2011, 01:59 AM
people dont even say the lakers are a superteam. they only have 2 all stars as well

ru55
03-07-2011, 02:02 AM

How did the Bulls not do the same? They signed Boozer to a massive contract in the offseason and without him, they wouldn't be nearly where they are now. He's an All-Star (even though he didn't make it this year) and the main reason (besides Rose) the Bulls are elite this season. Arguably, he's played better than Bosh too this season.

Boozer is hardly a superstar. No one buys Boozer shoes or sees him in commercials every other night.

The Bulls built most of their team through the draft. Deng, Rose, Noah, etc. are home grown.

There is no comparison here.

ElMarroAfamado
03-07-2011, 02:06 AM
There has been alot of absurd teams on this website before...even comments, including some from me, but this thread definitely takes the cake. I will not even try to figure out why you are trying to justify the Heats losing to the Bulls by saying they lost to another "super team"
I just wont...wow. just wow.

Hustlenomics
because they don't have a superstar

ElMarroAfamado

yeah its pretty amazing

gotoHcarolina52
03-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Miami got lucky that LeBron and Bosh signed.
Chicago got lucky that Boozer signed and that the ping pongs bounced their way for Rose

Rndy
03-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Boozer is hardly a superstar. No one buys Boozer shoes or sees him in commercials every other night.

The Bulls built most of their team through the draft. Deng, Rose, Noah, etc. are home grown.

There is no comparison here.

Boozer jumps out of moving vehicles for hot sauce. If thats not a superstar then show me one.

ru55
03-07-2011, 02:10 AM
I think LBJ, Bosh and Wade have lost their superstar status after tonight's loss to the Bulls... since they were admittedly crying in the locker room.

"There's no crying! There's no crying in basketball!"

nightBULL
03-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Miami got lucky that LeBron and Bosh signed.
Chicago got lucky that Boozer signed and that the ping pongs bounced their way for Rose
The ping pong ball was luck, James and Bosh going to Miami had a lot of other variables.

TrueFan420
03-07-2011, 02:13 AM
******** the lakers arent a super team they traded for all of those guys but kobe and fish

MelkyNYY
03-07-2011, 02:16 AM
Who gives a ****?

abe_froman
03-07-2011, 02:16 AM

well for much of the year most on here wouldnt call either player elite,so it has to go alot on their personal feelings of our players.to call us a super team is admitting we have good players,something most people on this site would rather die than do

kyubi256
03-07-2011, 02:17 AM
They are a "superteam" but they are an internalized superteam just like the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavericks.

They built from within

ChiSox219
03-07-2011, 02:17 AM
Boozer jumps out of moving vehicles for hot sauce. If thats not a superstar then show me one.

Win.

bulls_world23
03-07-2011, 02:20 AM
Rose just wants to weeeen

ru55
03-07-2011, 02:21 AM

I'm guessing you're being sarcastic here, cause a single ESPN commercial with Brent Barry and Galinari (sp?) is... well... just nevermind.

RZZZA
03-07-2011, 02:21 AM
They are a "superteam" but they are an internalized superteam just like the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavericks.

They built from within

this, and we also stole a lot of players from Utah

DamnGoat
03-07-2011, 02:22 AM
I don't see how the Bulls can be considered a Super Team or whatever the hell you wanna call it. They really just added ONE high priced player in Boozer and then a bunch of good role players in Brewer, Korver, Watson & of course the missing piece Brian Scalabrine. Most of their young core (Rose, Deng, Noah, Asik, Gibson) was drafted though.

Also with these other Super Teams you have 3 players that are usually considered elite and it's hard to distinguish whose team it really is. This is clearly Rose's team and it's a very good team.

THE MTL
03-07-2011, 02:24 AM
I think this thread is missing the concept of a "SUPERTEAM". I would say a "superteam" is a combination of 3 or more stars on a single team.

Like Boston, Miami, San Antonio, and eventually NYC.

Chicago is a great team. But Boozer is a borderline allstar and honestly when the game is on the line.....Derrick Rose is the only true option to go to.

Chi is still a great team, it is just by definition a superteam is a team of stars.

bulls_world23
this, and we also stole a lot of players from Utah

The chicago jazz ;)

abe_froman

he cant eat without hot sauce ,its just impossible

gbrl

They built from within

i wouldnt call the lakers or mavs internalized teams

abe_froman
03-07-2011, 02:26 AM
people dont even say the lakers are a superteam. they only have 2 all stars as well

this is true to,weird

Draco
03-07-2011, 02:33 AM
the bulls area superteam with regard to having players that play the game and leave the ******** at the door. there was no welcome party for boozer.

mttwlsn16
03-07-2011, 02:36 AM

hahahahah :clap:

Rndy
03-07-2011, 02:39 AM
I'm guessing you're being sarcastic here, cause a single ESPN commercial with Brent Barry and Galinari (sp?) is... well... just nevermind.

Why would I be kidding? Whos a superstar? Lebron? He wouldn't jump off a big wheel.:)

Edit might as well say this before it gets bad. NO heat fans I am not saying Boozer is better then Lebron because he jumped out of a team bus on a commercial.

Doogolas
03-07-2011, 02:53 AM
We have maybe a top 5 player and a top 20 player in Boozer. We don't have multiple top 10 players.

Furthermore, we didn't buy all of our guys in FA. Wade was, of course, a Heat the year before and his whole career so I guess he doesn't count. But the thing that makes Miami unique and (to an extent) NY is that they got rid of basically everything they had to have a couple of top 10 players (and in Miami's case a couple of top 5 players).

And the reason Miami takes so much **** is the way they went about it. They knew months in advance this was quite likely to happen Bosh said it in that ****ing parade they threw. They dragged other teams along for Wade's stupid as **** documentary. Then they threw themselves a parade. Wade proclaimed them "likely the greatest trio ever" LeBron said, "It's gonna be easy." Etc, etc, etc. That's the reason people ****ing hate them.

gbrl
03-07-2011, 03:04 AM
We have maybe a top 5 player and a top 20 player in Boozer. We don't have multiple top 10 players.

Furthermore, we didn't buy all of our guys in FA. Wade was, of course, a Heat the year before and his whole career so I guess he doesn't count. But the thing that makes Miami unique and (to an extent) NY is that they got rid of basically everything they had to have a couple of top 10 players (and in Miami's case a couple of top 5 players).

And the reason Miami takes so much **** is the way they went about it. They knew months in advance this was quite likely to happen Bosh said it in that ****ing parade they threw. They dragged other teams along for Wade's stupid as **** documentary. Then they threw themselves a parade. Wade proclaimed them "likely the greatest trio ever" LeBron said, "It's gonna be easy." Etc, etc, etc. That's the reason people ****ing hate them.

not overall but multiple top 10 at their position

Nino Brown
03-07-2011, 03:09 AM
Not enough chill

cubswin25
03-07-2011, 03:23 AM

Putting an elite PF next to a elite PG sounds like "teaming up" to me

I do think the Bulls have a big four just like the Celtics have a big four. But they didn't put together a superteam through free agency or trades. Boozer was the only allstar level player they brought in. The rest were good role players, like Brewer, Korver, Asik, Thomas and I guess even Bogans. The other big three were all top 10 draft picks in Rose, Noah and Deng. The difference is these three don't get talked about like Pierce/Allen/Garnett or Wade/Bosh/Lebron or Melo/Amare do. Because Deng, Rose and Noah have always played together. They weren't on other teams as the main guy, like those other players were.

Boozer isn't a superstar in the very least either. He is a borderline all-star who is an undersized PF. Nice player, they had money and needed to make an addition

I wouldn't say superstar, but he's an all-star player not borderline allstar. I know Bulls fans are a bit down on him because he's slumped the past month. But he will get rolling again, just like he was in December and Janauary. Remember a month ago, tons of Bulls fans were upset he didn't make the allstar team because he was performing so well at the time. Ever since that Febuary 9th game in Utah he hasn't really performed at the same level for whatever reason. He's still averaged over 15 PPG and 8 rebounds during his struggles, but it's not the 20/10 guy we saw early in the season. Boozer has been a quality allstar level player for a while though, so he will get hot again. It seems like either he's not getting enough shots some game or when he does he struggles shooting.

Yep the likely 2010-2011 MVP isn't a superstar :facepalm:

Raph12
03-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Bulls have a great supporting cast around Rose, they're about 10-12 VERY deep... They're not as star-studded as the Heat or Knicks, but they still have a great team, more like the Spurs than the Heat.

danniboi168
03-07-2011, 03:29 AM
they have a balanced team.

Adzman
03-07-2011, 03:40 AM
the Bulls ARE a superteam. With the emphasis on TEAM. They play great team basketball, which makes them a superteam. Not all superteams have to be star studded.

cubbybear2290
03-07-2011, 04:00 AM
the Bulls ARE a superteam. With the emphasis on TEAM. They play great team basketball, which makes them a superteam. Not all superteams have to be star studded.

This is my sentiment exactly! We aren't star powered outside of Rose/Boozer, we are team oriented and based of plays and role players. I love this team. Now if only they could get a 2 guard that could knock down the wide open 3's Bogans so often misses lol.

D1JM
03-07-2011, 04:17 AM
whoaaaaaaa. we are a super team?

cubswin25
03-07-2011, 04:19 AM
This is my sentiment exactly! We aren't star powered outside of Rose/Boozer, we are team oriented and based of plays and role players. I love this team. Now if only they could get a 2 guard that could knock down the wide open 3's Bogans so often misses lol.

I agree I see the Bulls have a Spurs type team in the East. They have three pretty good players in Rose/Boozer/Deng like the Spurs had Parker/Duncan/Manu, with Noah being spark plug guy like Bruce Bowen was. Sure Noah not a lockdown defender as Bowen was, but he's the energy type player who will get tons of rebounds, play good d and score a little. But both teams are deep and play strong defense. But yes we need to hope Bogans(who was the Spurs starting SG last year in the same role) is hitting those open threes come playoff time.

He missed a few today, but over the two months he has shot very well. So hopefully that's the guy we get in the playoffs, and not the Bogans we saw in November and December. If he is struggling with his shot hopefully Thibs decides to give Butler a try out in that spot then. But the combo of Bogans,Brewer,Korver could be a enough, if Korver/Bogans are shooting well. Because remember Bogans starts, but he plays less then Brewer/Korver. So Brewer/Korver play is also very important for that spot as well. I think Thibs likes to start Bogans, because he likes his defense/outside shooting ability combo with the rest of the starters. Sure he's not a great shooter, but he is much better outside shooter then Brewer, and better defender then Korver. But that's why Bogans plays mostly only in the 1st and 3rd, and he flips flops Korver/Brewer in the 2nd and 4th quarters a lot. Since in crunch time you want your best shooting option on offense and best on defense. Not the guy who's a ok shooter and solid/good defender.

Afro
03-07-2011, 05:08 AM
The Bulls are simply a team that is super.

Method28
03-07-2011, 05:17 AM
There has been alot of absurd teams on this website before...even comments, including some from me, but this thread definitely takes the cake. I will not even try to figure out why you are trying to justify the Heats losing to the Bulls by saying they lost to another "super team"

I agree Chicago is not a "superteam" by comparison to Miami BUT.....wtf is that in your sig? LeBron is Magette?! :facepalm: That just screams hater.

LA_Raiders
03-07-2011, 05:36 AM
They are Top 5, thats pretty good...

LA_Raiders
03-07-2011, 05:38 AM

great sig, lol

Hugbees
03-07-2011, 05:45 AM

Eddie Curry would do the same for a lot less than hot sauce, is he a superstar too then?

cubswin25
03-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Eddie Curry would do the same for a lot less than hot sauce, is he a superstar too then?

Ehh don't even bring up Boozer and Eddy Curry in the same sentences. Boozer is a two time allstar, who should be a 3 or 4 time allstar really. When you consider he got snubbed last season and the only reason he didn't make it this year is because he missed too many games. There's probably only 10-12 so called superstars in the NBA right now(at this stage of their careers) in my book. Boozer isn't one of them, either is Bosh and the Celtics have none. But that doesn't mean they aren't all really good players.

jtsunami
03-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Yes we are a super team. Rose, Boozer, and Bogans. Arguably the greatest trio of all time. The superteam celebration was awesome in Grant Park. The fans got to see them be interviewed and walk down the catwalk. Talk about how many championships they were going to win. It was simply put, awesome.

Revolu7i9n
03-07-2011, 10:07 AM
____ brought in:
Heat, 2 stars
Knicks, 2 stars
Bulls, 1 star

Sox72
03-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Bulls have a great supporting cast around Rose, they're about 10-12 VERY deep... They're not as star-studded as the Heat or Knicks, but they still have a great team, more like the Spurs than the Heat.

Probably the nicest thing someone has said about the Bulls on PSD.

ackar
03-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Because we not. We are a "SuperHeavyWeight" Team :)!

justinnum1
03-07-2011, 10:36 AM
no

allSUAVE
03-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I think this thread is missing the concept of a "SUPERTEAM". I would say a "superteam" is a combination of 3 or more stars on a single team.

Chicago is a great team. But Boozer is a borderline allstar and honestly when the game is on the line.....Derrick Rose is the only true option to go to.

Chi is still a great team, it is just by definition a superteam is a team of stars.
Agree

allSUAVE
03-07-2011, 10:54 AM
"SUPERTEAMS" don't win championships

Frezhnitz
03-07-2011, 10:54 AM
I think they are better then th heats, orlando, and knicks. and hawks.

towlsmoke420
03-07-2011, 10:56 AM
win champ= great team

win multiple = superteam

win none= lol

Cubs Win
03-07-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't like this Bulls team being compared to the Heat or Knicks. They are better than both of them. And the Celtics are a Big 3, but not as much of a super team. The only way in which the Bulls are a super team is that they are one of the top teams in the NBA. We have an MVP candidate, low-post threat, energy center that plays defense and rebounds, a wing that can slash, hit the mid-range J and play D, as well as a deep bench suited to fit our starting line up. You could just say our GM knows how to put together a team.

swirl54
03-07-2011, 11:07 AM

So D.Rose was a superstar last year? He worked hard to become as good as he is over the offseason the Bulls did things the right way Miami did not.

swirl54
03-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Well The Heat are not a superteam by your definition then because they have one player to go to when the game is on the line this has been proven many times this year.

Slimsim
03-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Because Some how Chicago won the 08 lottery

swirl54
03-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Because Some how Chicago won the 08 lottery

Not somehow. David Stern said we ween so we ween!

magichatnumber9
03-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Deng just might be the NBA's only blue collar superstar in the league. He's not flashy, and good looking enough for the sponsors. But make no mistake he is a all star caliber player.

swirl54
03-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Deng just might be the NBA's only blue collar superstar in the league. He's not flashy, and good looking enough for the sponsors. But make no mistake he is a all star caliber player.

The Bulls have a very smart humble group of hardworking men i am very proud to be a huge fan.

king4day
03-07-2011, 11:23 AM
I see Superteams as being made up of at least 2 elite players.

Boston has Garnett and Pierce while they have an allstar in Allen.
Miami has Wade and Lebron with an allstar in Bosh
New York with melo and Amar'e with Billups.

Chicago has 1 elite and one allstar type player in Boozer. The thing with them is they are very well rounded. Better build than NY and Miami and close to Boston.

If I'm a Chicago fan I'd be thrilled that the Bulls aren't considered a superteam. You did it the right way. Via draft mostly and filled actual need in free agency.

swirl54
03-07-2011, 11:25 AM
I see Superteams as being made up of at least 2 elite players.

Boston has Garnett and Pierce while they have an allstar in Allen.
Miami has Wade and Lebron with an allstar in Bosh
New York with melo and Amar'e with Billups.

Chicago has 1 elite and one allstar type player in Boozer. The thing with them is they are very well rounded. Better build than NY and Miami and close to Boston.

If I'm a Chicago fan I'd be thrilled that the Bulls aren't considered a superteam. You did it the right way. Via draft mostly and filled actual need in free agency.

Along with an owner that said we'd be better than the Heat this year and really believed himself

Jahari Kavi
03-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Not drinking the Chicago Kool-Aid....Rose is the only guy that I would worry about on the big stage.......Deng has a habit of dissapearing and Boozer is soft................they won't make it out of the 2nd round...........

swirl54
03-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Not drinking the Chicago Kool-Aid....Rose is the only guy that I would worry about on the big stage.......Deng has a habit of dissapearing and Boozer is soft................they won't make it out of the 2nd round...........

I hope the other NBA players feel the same way as you.

benzni
03-07-2011, 11:33 AM
why would a team need to pay for 2 all star point guards when instead of getting paul they can get a SG to score the points.

Double_R
03-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I hope the other NBA players feel the same way as you.

I'd say they do...

RZZZA
03-07-2011, 12:57 PM
You could just say our GM knows how to put together a team.

hear, hear. That seems like a lost art nowadays. Did people forget how to build a real team?

JordansBulls
03-07-2011, 01:00 PM

A superteam has more than one guy make the allstar team.

Raph12
03-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Probably the nicest thing someone has said about the Bulls on PSD.

I don't mean they're as good as the Spurs, I just mean the talent is more distributed like the Spurs and less focused like the Heat...

topdog
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Bulls only have one "Superstar" - Rose.

allday823
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM

Knicks traded for their best players, Miami signed two star players, Boston traded/signed for their players. The Bulls developed a majority of their starters through the draft.

thats easy to say when you have a number 1 pick...

Philapsychosis
03-07-2011, 01:19 PM

Then you must be living some kind of terrible life

ILMindState
03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Really?

ILMindState
03-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Yes we are a super team. Rose, Boozer, and Bogans. Arguably the greatest trio of all time. The superteam celebration was awesome in Grant Park. The fans got to see them be interviewed and walk down the catwalk. Talk about how many championships they were going to win. It was simply put, awesome.

:laugh:
Yeah I went to that celebration. Bogans dance really set it off.

effen5
03-07-2011, 01:38 PM

Sure, we got Rose with the first pick, but we also drafted Deng and Noah, a lot of our important players are homegrown players, our role players are the ones we picked up over the summer.

godolphins
03-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Because they are the 3rd best team in the east behind Boston and Miami and in a couple of year when the Knicks get Chris Paul or Deron Williams they will be the forth best team in the east :D

/Let the bash begin

bovice163
03-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Because they are the 3rd best team in the east behind Boston and Miami and in a couple of year when the Knicks get Chris Paul or Deron Williams they will be the forth best team in the east :D

/Let the bash begin

No need to bash you, you do a great job of making yourself look like an idiot.
:D

RIPSweetness34
03-07-2011, 01:46 PM

This is funny, in the beggining of the year the rest of PSD told us we didn't even have a top 10 player, or a top 5 PG. We DEFINATELY didn't have an MVP candidate or Superstar. What a difference 61 games makes. Bulls fans were saying it all along, and the rest of the NBA told the Heat fans they would have problems with touches and drama, but they didn't listen. Derrick Rose isn't trying to team up with his buddies, but if anyone wants to "Weeein" they should hitch their wagons to his train bc this boy is here for a long long time.

haggis
03-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Key Word: TEAM

ILMindState
03-07-2011, 01:57 PM

Your sig is hilarious

DaBUU
03-07-2011, 02:02 PM
This is funny, in the beggining of the year the rest of PSD told us we didn't even have a top 10 player, or a top 5 PG. We DEFINATELY didn't have an MVP candidate or Superstar. What a difference 61 games makes. Bulls fans were saying it all along, and the rest of the NBA told the Heat fans they would have problems with touches and drama, but they didn't listen. Derrick Rose isn't trying to team up with his buddies, but if anyone wants to "Weeein" they should hitch their wagons to his train bc this boy is here for a long long time.

thats reaaly the jist of that whole text to Lebron from Rose. He doesnt care who he plays with, all he wants to do is weeeein!

Blackwater13
03-07-2011, 02:15 PM

But they do have the MVP. ;)

Cubs Win
03-07-2011, 02:17 PM

/Let the bash begin

What if the Knicks are just like the Heat though?

The Heat can't beat elite teams, so who's to say the Knicks will be able to? :eyebrow:

(The Bulls are elite)

Blackwater13
03-07-2011, 02:19 PM
******** the lakers arent a super team they traded for all of those guys but kobe and fish

Actually dude they traded for Kobe to. Vlade Divac to be exact.

TO to the CHI
03-07-2011, 02:23 PM

/Let the bash begin

I would strongly encourage Bulls fans not to waste their time responding to this post (or to anything else written by godolphins). First, it is never worthwhile to argue with someone whose viewpoints lack any reasoning whatsoever. Second, he appears to have the cognitive skills of an 8 year old. Third, he is fast becoming the Heat's "domefavors" -- the poster that is all over the place and hated by his own fan base.

Note, I am a Raptors fan, so I am not violating my own advice.

Blackwater13
03-07-2011, 02:35 PM

Yep, "forth" LOL.

SteBO
03-07-2011, 02:40 PM

/Let the bash begin

:eyebrow:

Blackwater13
03-07-2011, 02:40 PM

As a Blackhawks fan I went thourgh all that last season all the way up to the point when Kane scored in Game 6. Some how some way the Hawks were never good enough and they would get beat. Heard it all season long and through every playoff series. How did that work out for everyone? LOL

This Bulls season reminds me a lot of last season for the Hawks.

bulldog312
03-07-2011, 02:42 PM

So you should hate a team because they got the #1 pick? Do you also hate the Clippers, Wizards (twice), Bucks, Magic, Raptors, and Rockets (plus a few other teams I'm forgetting). They've all had #1 picks in the past 10 years. Where are they? Getting a #1 pick does not make you an elite team.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Chicago developed into a superteam. That is the difference. They weren't assembled as the "superteam."

Hawkeye15
03-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Chicago has earned the right, over the regular season, to be called a contender. Now, that being said, they still haven't moved past the 1st round under the Rose era. Their season will hinge on playoff success this year, as any contenders should.

But they have shown, they are a top 5 team this season, and can compete with anyone.

CubsFanBudMan#1
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM

They traded for the Kobe to, he was drafted by Charlotte.

Cool007
03-07-2011, 03:01 PM
So now Bulls start winning and all of a sudden they have a "Super Team"??? That is made up of a 1 All-star???

Really??

Now, go make a top 10-20 player list and see how many Bulls players show up in there? A lot of you even have D-Rose in the 8th to 10th best in that list and Boozer in top 20 while Deng would barely crack top 30.

If that is a super team, then I guess there are like a lot of super teams in the NBA.

DLeeicious
03-07-2011, 03:03 PM
You're confusing superteam with super awesome team OP. The Bulls are a super awesome team for sure.

Purugskid
03-07-2011, 03:13 PM
A superteam would be when a team signs and trades for players that have big names.

The Bulls developed within when signing other good role players that fit their system

That's the difference.

Edwin
03-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Chicago developed into a superteam. That is the difference. They weren't assembled as the "superteam."

:clap:

sp1derm00
03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
The Bulls are almost like LA.

Rose is like Kobe
Bogans is useless like Fish
Deng is better than Artest at this point, on the same level as far as SF's go.
Boozer is like Pau without as much length, tougher though.
Noah is like Bynum

LA's advantage is Odom, and a better bench. Chicago's advantage is youth and speed.

Seventh King
03-07-2011, 03:25 PM
What is a superteam? If you define the word as a group that is stuck on themselves, selfish, arrogant and self-seeking, then Chicago is not a superteam. Put that in your pipe and smoke it :)

Arch Stanton
03-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Just read on a Michael Wilbon chat via ESPN. He quoted Hollinger saying that the Bulls have the greatest odds of making the NBA finals and winning.
Mike Wilbon
(2:19 PM)
Yeah, we can't end this chat (well, for the chicago folks anyway) without giving some dap to the Blackhawks who've won 8 straight and jumped all the way up to 4th (though they're about five points out of 10th). They appear to have hit a stride at the perfect time, though there are, what 15 games left, something like that...This just in from John Hollinger and his Championship Odds: the Bulls have the greatest chance of making the NBA Finals and of winning (17.9 percent)...This seems crazy to me, but I respect John's work very much...Will have to find out how and why he arrived at this decision...Okay, gotta run and prepare for PTI...Talk to you all next week on SELECTION MONDAY!!! Can't wait...Ooops, did it again...

shizzle09
03-07-2011, 03:39 PM

Yet the lakers have a payroll nearly 30 million higer than the Heat and these other teams. funny how that works. There's only one super team in basketball and it's the lakers.

minervamob
03-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Super TEAM!

RIPSweetness34
03-07-2011, 04:02 PM

/Let the bash begin

Yea usually when a team loses to another team every single time they play them I put the team that lost above the team that won too.

RIPSweetness34
03-07-2011, 04:10 PM
As a Blackhawks fan I went thourgh all that last season all the way up to the point when Kane scored in Game 6. Some how some way the Hawks were never good enough and they would get beat. Heard it all season long and through every playoff series. How did that work out for everyone? LOL

This Bulls season reminds me a lot of last season for the Hawks.

Im a Hawks fan too, last season was awesome, and if they keep playing like this then we have a good shot this year too. If only the Bears could have beaten the Packers, would be the greatest year in Chi town sports history. I don't care what everyone says anymore, I already have a quote picked out I made before the season started about Derrick Rose and how we will just let his play do the talking for us. I've just gotten so angry by the stupidity, stubbornness, and ignorance that I have lowered myself to some of their levels at times.

Cool007
03-07-2011, 04:17 PM
The Bulls are almost like LA.

Rose is like Kobe
Bogans is useless like Fish
Deng is better than Artest at this point, on the same level as far as SF's go.
Boozer is like Pau without as much length, tougher though.
Noah is like Bynum

LA's advantage is Odom, and a better bench. Chicago's advantage is youth and speed.

I would love to see Bulls vs Lakers Finals though. ;)

RZZZA
03-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Just read on a Michael Wilbon chat via ESPN. He quoted Hollinger saying that the Bulls have the greatest odds of making the NBA finals and winning.
Mike Wilbon
(2:19 PM)
Yeah, we can't end this chat (well, for the chicago folks anyway) without giving some dap to the Blackhawks who've won 8 straight and jumped all the way up to 4th (though they're about five points out of 10th). They appear to have hit a stride at the perfect time, though there are, what 15 games left, something like that...This just in from John Hollinger and his Championship Odds: the Bulls have the greatest chance of making the NBA Finals and of winning (17.9 percent)...This seems crazy to me, but I respect John's work very much...Will have to find out how and why he arrived at this decision...Okay, gotta run and prepare for PTI...Talk to you all next week on SELECTION MONDAY!!! Can't wait...Ooops, did it again...

yeah baby, Bulls and Blackhawks, we taking it all this year! :cool:

cubswin25
03-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I would love to see Bulls vs Lakers Finals though. ;)

That was the same NBA finals 20 years ago. Hopefully the same outcome happens with a aging Lakers team loses to a upset young Bulls team.

Confusious
03-07-2011, 04:27 PM

Lmfao, for real.

People see our record and scream foul play. Or I guess "super team". It's kind of overplayed. We don't need superstars to win our games.

Lil Rhody
03-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Two things......
1 They are a Super team but ESPN doesnt ghostride their dicks
2 Soooo you cant sign free agents if you have good players....... since when?

thebet
03-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Then you must be living some kind of terrible life

That's an interesting correlation. I wasn't aware my post yielded an apparent "terrible life." When people are completely misinformed and borderline ********, I must admit, I get a laugh out of it. Which is why I'm considering friend requesting you. Do you have a Facebook or Myspace? I'm sure your good for a few chuckles...

Me and Mr. T
03-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Yet the lakers have a payroll nearly 30 million higer than the Heat and these other teams. funny how that works. There's only one super team in basketball and it's the lakers.

Just because your team has a high salary doesn't mean you are a super team. The Lakers pay ONE player $24 million. I don't consider them a super team at all.

xxcubs22xx
03-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Their not a Superteam because they don't get enough love to be. Everyone's too busy following Miami's big 2.5 and New York's fire sale for Melo

heathonater
03-07-2011, 07:32 PM
i think people throw around the term "superteam" too oftne now a days. the bulls are a really good basketball team and one of the few true contenders for an nba title, but my definition of a super team is one that wins 65+ games and rolls through the playoffs and gets the title.

Blackwater13
03-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Their not a Superteam because they don't get enough love to be. Everyone's too busy following Miami's big 2.5 and New York's fire sale for Melo

Yep. Yesterday, for the most part, the story is Miami lost more than the Bulls won. Despite it being the 3rd time they've beaten them.

D1JM
03-07-2011, 08:44 PM
we are not a superteam but more of a complete team lacking a sg

RZZZA
03-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Yep. Yesterday, for the most part, the story is Miami lost more than the Bulls won. Despite it being the 3rd time they've beaten them.

I have no problem with that being the story, because by all rights, Miami should have won that game. It's amazing that they lost it.

chris34
03-07-2011, 08:52 PM
We would really be a super team if we hadn't wasted KH12 on that cap space move. Sure would be nice to have him as the starting 2 right now. Chemistry would be awesome.

ichitownclowni
03-07-2011, 08:59 PM

D Rose is arguably the bes tPG in the leauge and gonna win MVP

Muttman73
03-07-2011, 09:07 PM
No TV specials, no parades, no 7,8, whatever title promises...

The Bulls are the kind of team you bring home to meet mom and dad

Watch them win a title before MeBron and the Kleenex Five

pastrecedes
03-07-2011, 09:08 PM
signing a free agent doesn't then make you a "superteam". It is the process of how it went down in miami, and how it could be going down in new york that separates it. Boozer isn't a superstar in the very least either. He is a borderline all-star who is an undersized pf. Nice player, they had money and needed to make an addition. Since they didn't land lbj, wade or bosh and amare, joe johnson were already signed, boozer was the best fit left on the market. The rest of their main "stars" or contributors are draft picks (rose, deng, noah).

+1

*Silver&Black*
03-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Why would 2 all-stars make you a Super team? Does Joe Johnson and Al Horford make the Hawks a Super team? Heck, take away Rose/Boozer, Joe/Horford and Hawks still have Josh Smith and Jamal Crawford/Kirk and Bulls Noah/Deng. So why do some think the Bulls are a Super team again? lol.

heyman321
03-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Chicago's biggest addition of the offseason wasn't Boozer. It was THIBODEAU! They aren't 1st in defense for nothing.

Muttman73
03-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godolphins
Because they are the 3rd best team in the east behind Boston and Miami and in a couple of year when the Knicks get Chris Paul or Deron Williams they will be the forth best team in the east

/Let the bash begin

Well said...

Muttman73
03-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Why would 2 all-stars make you a Super team? Does Joe Johnson and Al Horford make the Hawks a Super team? Heck, take away Rose/Boozer, Joe/Horford and Hawks still have Josh Smith and Jamal Crawford/Kirk and Bulls Noah/Deng. So why do some think the Bulls are a Super team again? lol.

It's just the Miami Haters who are trying to shake some of the Heat for their teams FAILURES.

The Bulls, like the Hawks have built their teams mostly via the draft and through trades with a FA signing or two. In Miami and now in NY they don't get that...

anjoe29
03-07-2011, 10:12 PM
cause chicago is not tested.. come and wait until playoffs. "superteams" are build in playoffs not during the boring regular season...

anjoe29
03-07-2011, 10:13 PM
no tv specials, no parades, no 7,8, whatever title promises...

The bulls are the kind of team you bring home to meet mom and dad

watch them win a title before mebron and the kleenex five

+1

IversonIsKrazy
03-08-2011, 12:25 AM
to be honest, the Bulls (a fan) kind of remind of the a modern-version of the 2001 76ers. Rose taking the role as AI, the great defense, Boozer as 2nd option (his points come off of Rose's dimes). I say "Modern" because nowadays every team has more offensive options, before there was the dynamic duo, now theres big 3 or 4 that win championships.

mrblisterdundee
03-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Chicago's homegrown. It's not a conglomerate of basketball players who left their franchise roles on previous teams behind.

mrblisterdundee
03-08-2011, 01:02 AM
cause chicago is not tested.. come and wait until playoffs. "superteams" are build in playoffs not during the boring regular season...

In that case, neither Miami nor New York is a "super-team." Only the Celtics and Lakers are.

evadatam5150
03-08-2011, 01:03 AM

I think people are just getting a little carried away with this team, they seem to be the trendy team just now, which happens a lot.. Good team, sure.. Super Team..?? Remains to be seen...

rickshaw
03-08-2011, 01:21 AM

i once saw someone on this site say lebron was the same player as corey magg-.... oh

ElMarroAfamado
03-08-2011, 05:12 AM
i once saw someone on this site say lebron was the same player as corey magg-.... oh

typo, i meant threads
haha

Lakerhead4ever
03-08-2011, 05:18 AM
other than d rose what is super about this team?

redwhitenblue
03-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Their #1 defense?
Their #1 rebounding differential?

save the knicks
03-08-2011, 08:33 AM
other than d rose what is super about this team?

Thats all it is. Boozer is no better than Paul Millsap. LOLDeng is not an all star and who is the starting 2? Its just Rose carrying a bunch of half decent players. If they can ever get that all star 2 they might be a problem.

anjoe29
03-08-2011, 08:59 AM
In that case, neither Miami nor New York is a "super-team." Only the Celtics and Lakers are.

definitely..

Tarheels23
03-08-2011, 11:50 AM
They are not a super team. The Bulls built a team the right way. They made the correct draft picks when needed (noah, rose, deng, gibson), they cleared cap space through trades and letting people walk (Gordon, Hinrich etc), they had space to sign an all-star callibur player (boozer), they brought in a coach that get it (thibs), and they have bought into his system. Then comes your role players.

It took a looooooong time, but the Bulls built a team.

None of these players said that they are all going to sign in one spot as FAs. None of these players demanded trades to Chicago. This was a team built through a tedious process and team chemistry.

They are a solid TEAM, and by the way only have 1 all star

footballer2369
03-08-2011, 11:58 AM
average offense, great defense =\= super team
above average talent, above average athleticism =\= super team
no top 5 players, only one top 20 player =\= super team

Super balanced team, super defensive team, sure- no doubt.