PDA

View Full Version : How does Chris Bosh's rebounds drop from 11 to 8?

NYSpirit1
03-06-2011, 07:28 PM
How does that happen?

They need him to rebound, they don't have any rebounders and he rebounds more on the Raptors with 10.8 than the Heat with 8?

He's clearly taken a major hit with his stock this year, not because of his statistics, but because of the Heat's record.

He's one of the main reasons keeping the Heat back from being a 70 win team.

Meatmypet
03-06-2011, 07:32 PM
He's no longer the focal point of the offense and he's used mainly for the pick and pop instead of driving.

He isn't the reason why the Heat aren't doing well. It's Lebron and Wade not being able to stay hot when they since they one of them are always playing off the ball.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-06-2011, 07:35 PM
he's chilling way too much

TO Rapz
03-06-2011, 07:41 PM
he's chilling way too much

this

godolphins
03-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Heat forum?

Chronz
03-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Disagree, all of them have disappointed at various aspects. As for their rebounding, bosh lost some bulk and hes on a brr rebounding team now

dtmagnet
03-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Exactly what Chronz said, look at Bosh's body last year compared to this year. He didn't put the effort in the offseason.

JNA17
03-06-2011, 07:47 PM
My opinion? Guys like Wade and Lebron are trying to get their own boards instead of focusing other aspects of their game that are more important. As soft as Bosh is, i don't think the Heat have gave him an actual chance to become aggressive for the team. That goes for the rest of the role players as well. We know Lebron can rebound and pass the ball and do it well, but he along with Wade should focus on other aspects instead of going playing one on one with the ball for 20 sec and kick it out to a guy or lebron trying to grab every rebound even if he was far away from it and the other heat players were much closer then him.

Just my 2 cents.

Kobes a Killer
03-06-2011, 07:50 PM
LeBron and Wade are better rebounders than anyone on the raps, so Boshs numbers go down plain and simple

xbrackattackx
03-06-2011, 08:47 PM
How does that happen?

They need him to rebound, they don't have any rebounders and he rebounds more on the Raptors with 10.8 than the Heat with 8?

He's clearly taken a major hit with his stock this year, not because of his statistics, but because of the Heat's record.

How come Amare stats Dropped since Melo and Billups have been there?

More then one star on a team will do that.

Gibby
03-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Disagree, all of them have disappointed at various aspects. As for their rebounding, bosh lost some bulk and hes on a brr rebounding team now

this

Albrecht Duerer
03-06-2011, 09:10 PM
How does that happen?

Its pretty simple. Wade and James are really good at getting to the basket and not very good at shooting from outside. This results in a lot of congestion inside and so the action in the paint is more contested and more ferocius than what Bosh likely saw in Toronto. The defenses he used to go against were likely more spread out which gave him more opportunity to get rebounds by having more space.

blams
03-06-2011, 09:36 PM
James can shoot from the outside.

IamKaiserSoze
03-06-2011, 09:49 PM
How does that happen?

i guess he is. but less so than wade and lebron. coach spo doesn't seem to call any plays. it's like schoolyard basketball. and lebron would be more effective if someone else brought the ball upcourt. and when open, lebron has to pass to wade for the open shot at the end of the game. not to mention they don't have a solid pg or c. come to think of it, bosh is the last reason to blame their not winning 70...or 55 even.

HaX
03-06-2011, 10:10 PM
He rather chill, and let LeBron get them.

MiamiWadeCounty
03-06-2011, 10:17 PM
One reason is that he is playing with great rebounders at the 2 and 3 spot in Wade and James. Wade is averaging 6.8 and Lebron 7.5. I don't know how many the Raptor's shooting guard and small forward got last year but it was definitely substantially less. Also Bosh played with Andrea Bargnani who isn't the best rebounder(5.6 RPG this yr, 4.9 Career). Another reason I'll give is the system. I don't know a lot about Toronto's defensive philosophy but as for the Heat whenever there is a pick n roll the PF or C in this case Bosh meets the ball and closes the lane before getting back to the paint to rebound and defend his man. I am assuming in Toronto the bigs do not show on screens very often allowing them to stay back in the paint for the most part. The last reason as many have said is his weight. He is probably abour 230lb right now. Last season he started off at about 245lb with extra muscle. That is why he was getting 11 or 12 RPG in the first few months. As the season went on, he became less explosive as his numbers overall dropped since he lost muscle and strength.

ghettosean
03-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Because he's RuPaul

Ray_R
03-06-2011, 10:53 PM
He has to feed his family. Rebouding can lead to injuries like broken nails and jammed fingers.

But on a serious note he is playing with Wade and Lebron(pretty good rebounders) so his stats would dimish.

Muttman73
03-06-2011, 11:00 PM
He's the third wheel on a team of ego maniacs, pretty much what everyone else has said.

FlakeyFool
03-06-2011, 11:03 PM
coach spo told him to go get tho rebounds. he told coach spo he here to chill dawg. coach spo said ight boshdawg we all here to chill. haters bosh just wanna sit back and chill

lvlheaded
03-06-2011, 11:05 PM
How come Amare stats Dropped since Melo and Billups have been there?

More then one star on a team will do that.

Amar'e is averaging 26.8 and 8.4 since the Melo trade which were slightly above and equal to his season averages before the trade. But you have the right point. More star players effect your numbers.

Bosh had 1 ball and was the only star in TOR. Now he has 2 other stars to play with with still just 1 ball.

DamnGoat
03-06-2011, 11:08 PM
It's mostly due to playing with LeBron & Wade. They're both elite rebounders for their positions so Bosh will get less opportunities. Haslem's a decent rebounder as well.

Duddy
03-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Exactly what Chronz said, look at Bosh's body last year compared to this year. He didn't put the effort in the offseason.

It's not that he didn't put the effort in the offseason. He said that he didn't feel comfortable with the added pounds, so he decided to go back to his old self

marlinsfan24
03-06-2011, 11:27 PM
LeBron and Wade are better rebounders than anyone on the raps, so Boshs numbers go down plain and simple

This. So obvious that people on PSD look for reasons to just bash Bosh.

John Walls Era
03-07-2011, 12:02 AM
so many haters.

NYtilIdie
03-07-2011, 12:59 AM

Pause?

bmd1101
03-07-2011, 01:44 AM
How does that happen?

Simple, he plays on the perimeter more cuz he has to clear out space for wade/james to drive to the hoop. With all their horrible centers that stand around it becomes somewhat jammed up in the lane if hes down there.

AddiX
03-07-2011, 01:49 AM
Last year Bosh's team got blown out every other game, they probably let him grab as many boards as he wanted.

That's why stats on bad teams don't mean ish.

THE MTL
03-07-2011, 02:28 AM
I still think Bosh should be trying more on the boards. He is lazier. Yes, Miami does have better rebounders than Toronto did so he just cant average 10rpg by accident like he did before but he needs to give the effort.

When Haslem went out. Wade averaged almost 9rpg for the next few games cause he recognized his team's needs.

Raph12
03-07-2011, 03:24 AM
Because Lebron and Wade rebound more than the whole Raps team...

Lake_Show2416
03-07-2011, 04:35 AM
cuz stats are overrated n are purely based off of the situation a player sits in

CowboysKB24
03-07-2011, 05:00 AM
How does that happen?

No, he isn't. He is playing with LBJ and Wade everything is going to drop.

Why don't we compare how often Bosh has the ball compared to those players?

Bosh's rebounds went down because LBJ and Wade are great rebounders. Simple as that.

I am so sick of everyone using Bosh and Spo as the scapegoat. I am so glad to see LBJ take the blame for the late game situations. He could never be more right. That is a step in the right direction, although Wade should be shooting those shots. LBJ isn't the best shooter and refs are not calling fouls on game winning drives (his strongest offensive asset). Wade's playing style is more favorable IMO.

Hugbees
03-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Cuz somebody on his teams goal in life is to average a triple double. He will fail though..

LA_Raiders
03-07-2011, 05:31 AM
Because CryBron can't make his teamates better, he is a selfish prick...

"My Team" as far as i know is DWades team. Is it???