PDA

View Full Version : Can We All Agree

Lakers4ItAll
03-06-2011, 06:02 PM
When healthy Bynum is easily the 2nd best C in the league behind Howard?

nickdymez
03-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Im in before this gets closed by the biased mods ( Who are mostly heat fans)
But yes, the lakers are clearly the best team in the league.. Its not even close

Cano4prez
03-06-2011, 06:04 PM
But yes, the lakers are clearly the best team in the league.. Its not even close

The only Heat fan mod is Daleja and he doesn't even come on anymore..

As for the question: yes

HaX
03-06-2011, 06:04 PM

It's funny cause that has nothing to do with this thread.

:eyebrow:

bovice163
03-06-2011, 06:05 PM
2 or 3. Horford is pretty damn good as well.

Chacarron
03-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Bynum can control the game without taking more than 5 shots. That's impressive.

ManRam
03-06-2011, 06:06 PM
No. He might be, but it's certainly not close to the point where it should be concensus.

He has never once played at a level that suggests second best. It's all speculative right now, even this year. He's having a huge rebounding game today, but he has 4 points. I'm taking Chandler, Horford over him, maybe Nene and Bogut too. Al Jeff, Duncan, and Noah have all been as productive too.

sep11ie
03-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Kobe takes it to the hole a lot.

Lakers4ItAll

I only asked about Bynum.... Reason I made the thread is because after Howard there really isn't another great big man in the league. There's good one's yes but nobody else great IMO. Noah is great on D but has no offense, just to make a point. But Bynum when healthy looks great and shows to have great game on both ends of the court

J-Relo
Bynum can control the game without taking more than 5 shots. That's impressive.

I didn't understand why Lakers fans were so at him early this season, he has mad potential...

HaX
Kobe takes it to the hole a lot.

:laugh:

Minimal
03-06-2011, 06:08 PM
When healthy Yao or Oden are 2nd best centers in the league.
But Bynum is a great center.

turnaround3
03-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Easily? No. Not at all.

KB24PG16
i dont know about 2 but top 5 easily

nickdymez
No. He might be, but it's certainly not close to the point where it should be concensus.

He has never once played at a level that suggests second best. It's all speculative right now, even this year. He's having a huge rebounding game today, but he has 4 points. I'm taking Chandler, Horford over him, maybe Nene and Bogut too. Al Jeff, Duncan, and Noah have all been as productive too.

You do understand that he's like the 4th scoring option on a team that has many scoring options...

Chacarron
03-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I didn't understand why Lakers fans were so at him early this season, he has mad potential...

His injuries has caused a lot of doubt from the Lakers fanbase. I always supported the big fella because I knew he was something special.

Albrecht Duerer
03-06-2011, 06:11 PM
No. Gasol is the best center on the Lakers. I know people want to call him a PF, but he plays more like a C.

nickdymez
03-06-2011, 06:11 PM
It's funny cause that has nothing to do with this thread.

:eyebrow:

your right... I think Noah is better than Bynum.... thats it... Howard and Noah... Id kill to have a player like Noah on the lakers right now

Jewelz0376
03-06-2011, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't know cuz it seems like he's NEVER healthy...

allSUAVE
I got Al horford and Joakim Noah over him and maybe Ty chandler

nickdymez
No. Gasol is the best center on the Lakers. I know people want to call him a PF, but he plays more like a C.

He plays nothing like a center

Albrecht Duerer
03-06-2011, 06:14 PM
He plays nothing like a center

Sure he does. He's just as much of a power forward as Tim Duncan is (who is also more of a center).

nickdymez
03-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Sure he does. He's just as much of a power forward as Tim Duncan is (who is also more of a center).

He plays no defense at all.. I want my 5 playing defense..

ghettosean
03-06-2011, 06:17 PM
If were going to go as far as when the person is healthy then I'll vote for Yao Ming!

xxplayerxx23
03-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Does stat count as a center?

allSUAVE
03-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Yup Al horford ,Joakim Noah and Tyson Chandler is better than Bynum!!!!!

allSUAVE
03-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Does stat count as a center?

Hell No he's a power forward

smith&wesson
03-06-2011, 06:21 PM

thats like saying when yao ming is healthy he is the best 5

thats like saying when greg oden is healthy he is a really good player.

you can be jordan himself, but when your injured ALLLLLLLL the time it doesnt really matter how good you are. your useless.

Supreme LA
03-06-2011, 06:22 PM
You guys are crazy to say Horford or Noah is better. Neither of them protect the paint as well as Bynum and neither of them has the low post skills Bynum has. Bynum is 2nd to Dwight and that's about it. If Yao was healthy then Bynuk would be third and that's being real now.

That's not a homer pick. If you look and compare each players game, it's clear to see Bynum has developed tremendously since he has been healthy as of late and he has been the main reason why the Laker defense has been so good as of late.

nickdymez
03-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Yup Al horford ,Joakim Noah and Tyson Chandler is better than Bynum!!!!!

Just Noah...

xxplayerxx23
03-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Hell No he's a power forward

Jus saying because he has played center mostly this year. lol

bal_ravens
03-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Howard, Nene, Horford, Yao and possibly Oden. Maybe even Chandler and then Bynum.

allSUAVE
03-06-2011, 06:27 PM
You guys are crazy to say Horford or Noah is better. Neither of them protect the paint as well as Bynum and neither of them has the low post skills Bynum has. Bynum is 2nd to Dwight and that's about it. If Yao was healthy then Bynuk would be third and that's being real now.

That's not a homer pick. If you look and compare each players game, it's clear to see Bynum has developed tremendously since he has been healthy as of late and he has been the main reason why the Laker defense has been so good as of late.

No your crazy Mister ..Bynum is protected because he got Gasol next to him in the front line ..Al horford and Noah plays with more intensity and has more offensive skill then him .I'm sorry but that's Facts! And go check the stats! ......AND HOW CAN I FORGET ABOUT "Nene" he's far more talented than Bynum.

ghettosean
03-06-2011, 06:28 PM
thats like saying when yao ming is healthy he is the best 5

thats like saying when greg oden is healthy he is a really good player.

you can be jordan himself, but when your injured ALLLLLLLL the time it doesnt really matter how good you are. your useless.

:laugh2:

True dat this is kind of a pointless thread! That's why I said Yao Ming since were in fantasy land... lol

xxplayerxx23
03-06-2011, 06:30 PM
No your crazy Mister ..Bynum is protected because he got Gasol next to him in the front line ..Al horford and Noah plays with more intensity and has more offensive skill then him .I'm sorry but that's Facts! And go check the stats! ......AND HOW CAN I FORGET ABOUT "Nene" he's far more talented than Bynum.

bynum has more offensive talent then Noah. Talent wise bynum is betetr then all Because he is always hurt all of them are better then him

Jewelz0376
03-06-2011, 06:35 PM

You got it backwards...and Ill give you Horford having more offensive skill than Bynum, but your crazy if you think Noah does.... Bynum at least has a post up game...what does Noah have??

heattiltheend94
03-06-2011, 06:35 PM
If were going to go as far as when the person is healthy then I'll vote for Yao Ming!

this:clap:

bulldog312
03-06-2011, 06:40 PM
I've really never understood all the hype around Bynum to be honest. Even when healthy, I really don't consider him an elite center.

smiddy012
03-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Mark Prior was like the 5th best pitcher ever... when he was healthy.

kjoke
03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
no not at all

horford
nene
ming (if healthy)

maybe top 6 but not second

Lakers4ItAll
03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
I've really never understood all the hype around Bynum to be honest. Even when healthy, I really don't consider him an elite center.

You obviously have never watched Bynum play.

Kings Faithful
03-06-2011, 06:45 PM
La... where "Jesus" to "injury prone trash" to "talk of the town" can happen in an instant....truly magical. Noah is better right now.... and Cousins puts up better stats, but Bynum has a few years and alot of stars to contend with so I'll give it to him now.... but in a season or two Cousins will be better as well. Lopez might edge him too if he learns how to rebound consistently... he had 34 pts, 14 rebounds, and 8 blocks last night.... ridiculous.

BALLER71
03-06-2011, 06:45 PM

There is literally only one Heat mod and he's not even active.

JNA17
03-06-2011, 06:46 PM
top 2 easily? Wtf hell no. Stop making Lakers fans look bad with that.

I think healthy he's top 5 easily, if he's 2nd best it would be a pretty close 2nd not by a landslide.

J4KOP99
03-06-2011, 06:49 PM
People get too fascinated with points. Add that with the fact that people hate the Lakers and few will give Bynum the credit he deserves.

I've watched almost every game in his career and I can confidently say I would want a healthy Bynum over every other center except Dwight.

His huge drawback is his health. Although, when comparing him to Oden, which people love to do... Bynum's sample size is gigantic compared to Odens. Most of the stuff with oden is hypothetical.

People love Bogut and Horford... and that's fair but Bynum, for me, is the 2nd option at center.

bulldog312

Pretty ironic since I'm watching him right now (well, he's not in right now, but I've watched the entire game). Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't watch games.

faze38
Bogut is second best then Jefferson, Noah, Harford and then Bynum! Bynum has potential to be the 3rd best but that's about it. He doesn't play enough to call him the 2nd best so he has to earn that title before it is just handed to him by biased Laker fans! By the way Nene is also better but he is really a PF!

ManRam
03-06-2011, 06:50 PM
You do understand that he's like the 4th scoring option on a team that has many scoring options...

Yes. And you can even use that to show that it can't be "easily" shown that he is the second best. It's all speculative. How do we know he can be a first option on a team? We don't.

J4KOP99
03-06-2011, 06:52 PM

The thing is, there is only one ELITE center in the league.

It's Dwight and then everybody else.

faze38
03-06-2011, 06:53 PM

Why s it that Heat and Laker fans always say this because to be honest u havve to live under a rock to not see the Lakers and Heat play they are always on TV and at least face everyones teams at least twice. So people need to quit with this dumb comment because every player in the league has been viewed at least twice a year!

Lost Art
03-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Bynum just put Tim Duncan in a coffin and buried him

nickdymez
03-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Why s it that Heat and Laker fans always say this because to be honest u havve to live under a rock to not see the Lakers and Heat play they are always on TV and at least face everyones teams at least twice. So people need to quit with this dumb comment because every player in the league has been viewed at least twice a year!

you dont have to watch

Gritz
03-06-2011, 06:55 PM
When healthy Yao or Oden are 2nd best centers in the league.
But Bynum is a great center.

Hasn't Oden only played the equivilent of 1 NBA season, how in the hell is he the 2nd best Center when healthy

DwayneMVPwade
03-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I take Horford and Noah over Bynum

DwayneMVPwade
03-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Hasn't Oden only played the equivilent of 1 NBA season, how in the hell is he the 2nd best Center when healthy

When he plays, he is good. Just need to stay on the floor

Public Enemy #1
03-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Nope, injured all the time excludes him from being 2nd best. He is in the top 5 but I would take Noah/Bogut/Chandler over him

Toxeryll
03-06-2011, 06:59 PM
no, by a huge margin.. yao, oden, noah are better to name a few

DerekRE_3
03-06-2011, 07:00 PM
If you want to use the "when healthy" thing, what about that guy Yao Ming?

Kevj77
03-06-2011, 07:07 PM
The thing is, there is only one ELITE center in the league.

It's Dwight and then everybody else.QFT... I think Bynum when healthy has top 3 potential. It really is Dwight then everyone else. After him it's all a matter of opinion. Before Bynum ever got injured he was a force offensively. You could lob it up and he would go get it. I haven't seen him do that in awhile. His lift isn't there like it was before injury. He was starting to put up great numbers offensively in 08 before his injury. He can still be a force defensively and has a legit post game. If he wasn't on the Lakers he would put up better numbers, but they have a lot of options.

It's sad that these big guys have health problems, I really thought Oden was going to be a dominate defensive force and unstoppable on the glass. Yoa is 2nd when healthy, but I think his body is to big for his feet to take the pounding.

sunsfan88
03-06-2011, 07:10 PM
HELL NO!

When healthy, YAO MING is the 2nd best center in the NBA. And it ain't even close.

GeekInThePink
03-06-2011, 07:11 PM
HELL NO!

When healthy, YAO MING is the 2nd best center in the NBA. And it ain't even close.

That sig is freaking amazing.

JNA17
03-06-2011, 07:13 PM
If you want to use the "when healthy" thing, what about that guy Yao Ming?

Bynum actually plays unlike Yao Ming or Greg Oden.

mrblisterdundee
03-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Only a Lakers fan would say that. Last I checked, Joakim Noah and Al Horford were pretty damn good as well. Amare Stoudemire also plays a lot of time at center; Pau Gasol too.

Teeboy1487
03-06-2011, 07:20 PM
No but he is up there as one of the best centers in the league. He just have to stay healthy to prove to us he is.

Avenged
03-06-2011, 07:22 PM

Not at all.

Lakers4ItAll
03-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Obviously Yao would be 1st or 2nd if he was healthy but he's done for so I wasn't counting him in. Noah has no offense so tell me how he is better than a healthy Bynum? Same goes for Chandler and Horford should be playing PF

DerekRE_3
03-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Bynum actually plays unlike Yao Ming or Greg Oden.

But the key word in the thread was "when healthy." All things being equal, Bynum isn't the 2nd best Center in the league. All things as they are now, he's not the 2nd best Center in the league.

_KB24_
03-06-2011, 07:29 PM
His length is what I feel gives him a distinct advantage over any of the centers not named Dwight, in a stratosphere of his own. Bynum made Duncan look like a some ball boy today. His all around game is better than most of the other centers. He has a better offensive game than Horford, Noah, Chandler, and Nene. On defense, his strength and length as a package is Top 3 at the least. I'd want him over any other center in the league besides Dwight, clearly.

finalverse
03-06-2011, 07:32 PM
7 footer averaging 7ish rebounds a game is not that impressive. I guess on "potential" he could be the 2nd best center in the league.

Lake_Show2416
03-06-2011, 07:35 PM
idk if he's 2nd best but he could be I think it's between him n Nene. Those guys would be the 2nd tier. These guys can create their own shot, not have to rely on someone play making for then n good defense.

I like Noah n Horford but I think their skill set compared to the guys I named just aren't on the same level (yet). I'd put him in the 3rd tier.

Chandler??? really? does he even have n offensive move?:laugh: moving on

sunnydayin'zona
03-06-2011, 07:40 PM

well, if he really is the second best center in the league, he wouldnt be the fourth option now would he.

he would especially not be the third big man scoring option on his team now would he

packnetyank1512
03-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Brook Lopez 2nd best center

nickdymez
03-07-2011, 12:22 AM
well, if he really is the second best center in the league, he wouldnt be the fourth option now would he.

he would especially not be the third big man scoring option on his team now would he

You like many posters here know nothing about basketball

NetsPaint
03-07-2011, 12:28 AM
I don't watch the Lakers much, but when Bynum is in there he shows sheer dominance a lot. He might not be better skills wise as somebody such as Andrew Bogut, but he's very dominate.

towlsmoke420
03-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Bynum is never healthy, when he only has like 2 or 3 good games, than everyone brags about how good he is

junion
03-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Not "easily" but maybe "arguably"... There will always be debate about te other players around him too. Bynum's stats (rebounds) can be a result of Pau's presence too... BlockIng out, etc

DaBear
03-07-2011, 12:48 AM
No

NetsPaint
03-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Camby when healthy! Okafor!

HouRealCoach
03-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Well when healthy he will have to compete with Bogut, Gasol, Kaman, Nene, Noah, Lopez... I think he is Top 5 but in todays game thats not saying much

Saying he is easily second is ******** tho

MickeyMgl
03-07-2011, 01:05 AM

Is it only when Bynum is healthy, or when ALL NBA centers are healthy? 'Cause the answer is no.

Hellcrooner
03-07-2011, 01:05 AM
NO

lets repeat

NO

NO

NO

NO

And we need to trade his bum knees ASAP

blastmasta26
03-07-2011, 01:09 AM
I think we all can agree a healthy Yao is better than a healthy Bynum. Although I really like Bynum's style of play, good post offense and defense is something I love to see a center have.

Lim
03-07-2011, 02:05 AM
they are pretty much unbeatable when he is healthy

marlinsfan24
03-07-2011, 02:06 AM
I say no. Easily would be the wrong term to use there.

MacFitz92
03-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Easily top 5. Not easily Top 2.

Lakers&Kobe=Win
03-07-2011, 02:12 AM
NO

lets repeat

NO

NO

NO

NO

And we need to trade his bum knees ASAP

Maybe we should trade pau gasol as well right since I guess u only like offense Bynum has been playing like a DPOY lately... Give him his due!

Hellcrooner
03-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Maybe we should trade pau gasol as well right since I guess u only like offense Bynum has been playing like a DPOY lately... Give him his due!

Dpoy?

MU AH AH AH AHA HAHA

That can only be thought about if you are looking trough purple and gold glasses.

I mave my own Purple and Gold Glasses, but every time here and there i go and look to the game withouth them on.