PDA

View Full Version : Kobe getting ready

limeytech
03-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Came 2 office w/Phil @ 9:45 am Practice @ 11 only 1 other car here. Phil says "Kobe's here before me" & then smiles. #Kobe #winner #Lakers
http://twitter.com/JeanieBuss

championships
03-05-2011, 08:44 PM
That's a leader and a winner for you.

limeytech
03-05-2011, 08:57 PM
That's a leader and a winner for you.

I so agree... Isn't that just great

Teeboy1487
03-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Kobe has a passion for the game that is unrivaled. It honestly scares me how dedicated he is to his craft and yet inspires me at the same time.

kblo247
03-05-2011, 09:20 PM
^^^ That and Spero mentioned that Kobe would be coming even earlier than usual now to find a way to deal with that elbow which is padded because he can't get his shooting touch until late in games with it after the foul. He needs to have adrenaline pumping to get going and that has been shown in the second half of games. He hurt a nerve so he has to learn how to work around it.

KillaInstinct24
03-05-2011, 10:25 PM
u dont see that effort from lebron melo or wade...maybe durant. the nba is going to be **** when Kobe leaves

shep33
03-05-2011, 10:41 PM
I love it... now if he could get some guys to join him lol

mekedubs
03-05-2011, 11:11 PM
I love it... now if he could get some guys to join him lol

My thoughts exactly... Where's Pau? That's the thing that gets me, if Kobe shoots too much at times, I don't to particularly care for it but to me he's deserved it... Pau is quick to complain "in the media" when they lose about not getting the ball enough, but how many times have you heard "Pau stayed late after practice" or "Pau was in the gym before everyone else"? I haven't heard that, but I have heard that he's come to practice late!

When you are struggling with your shot, Ron-Ron should be in the gym early as well along with Brown... But this is nothing new with Mr. Bryant... He's been doing this his entire career.

J4KOP99
03-05-2011, 11:19 PM
There is a reason he is as great as he is.

showtym24
03-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Thats why he's one of the GOAT.

whitemamba33
03-06-2011, 12:00 AM
u dont see that effort from lebron melo or wade...maybe durant. the nba is going to be **** when Kobe leaves

Easy there. Unless you have followed these guys around for a day, you don't know anything.

Lakersfan2483
03-06-2011, 12:00 AM
There is a reason Kobe has stayed on top all of these years and is considered one of the greatest of all time. His work ethic and drive are unreal.

Bruno
03-06-2011, 12:06 AM
That's why we love him. Hardest worker in the NBA, has been for over a decade.

If Shaq had Kobes work ethic he could have been the GOAT.

CLASSOF72
03-06-2011, 12:32 AM
Easy there. Unless you have followed these guys around for a day, you don't know anything.

Can't say something good about Kobe, but willing to defend LeWanda and Dwade? Figures.............Whitemamba would be the antaganist to the Blackmamba. Reputations are what they are and no one talks about anyone else being as willing to put in the time.

Bruno
03-06-2011, 12:58 AM

It's pretty commonly accepted around the league that Kobe has the strongest work ethic. Younger guys look up to Kobe, and attempt to emulate his training regiments. Has been this way for years.

GREATNESS ONE
03-06-2011, 01:07 AM

If Shaq had Kobes work ethic he could have been the GOAT.:speechless: That would've been unreal.

I love seeing Kobe still bring it and his competitive drive is unmatched.

Lakersfan2483
03-06-2011, 01:08 AM

Very True.

Teeboy1487
03-06-2011, 01:10 AM
^^^ That and Spero mentioned that Kobe would be coming even earlier than usual now to find a way to deal with that elbow which is padded because he can't get his shooting touch until late in games with it after the foul. He needs to have adrenaline pumping to get going and that has been shown in the second half of games. He hurt a nerve so he has to learn how to work around it.

I swear, if I had Kobe's dedication, focus, and determination, life would be a heck of alot easier for me especially college. Also, I love his ability to adapt to any situation when a challenge is presented. That's why he is my favorite athlete of alltime.

IAmKira
03-06-2011, 01:30 AM
Respect. All there is for this amazing ****ing guy.

BigCityofDreams
03-06-2011, 01:39 AM
And ppl still doubt his greatness smh

midwestlaker75
03-06-2011, 01:48 AM
That's why he is the best in the business!

Bruno
03-06-2011, 01:49 AM
And ppl still doubt his greatness smh

Don't count on that stopping anytime soon. As he ages it will only become easier for trolls and haters to knock his game. Kobe won't get his fair due and appreciation until after he retires. Luckily for us we get to appreciate him and study his game until then.

Bruno
03-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Very True.

Check out that thread 2483. I think you'll dig it, goes into work ethic and the "peril of ease". Something that absolutely applied to Shaq.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596198

lakers4sho
03-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Colby being Colby.

BigCityofDreams
03-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Don't count on that stopping anytime soon. As he ages it will only become easier for trolls and haters to knock his game. Kobe won't get his fair due and appreciation until after he retires. Luckily for us we get to appreciate him and study his game until then.

That's true haters will becoming out of the woodwork just to throw dirt on Kobe. If you don't like a person that's fine but don't sit there and act like he's not one of the greatest players you have ever seen. I had a frioend of mone say guys like Walt Frazier and Clyde Drexler were better than Kobe.

Mcdoh
03-06-2011, 11:18 AM
he really is a great leader and a good example..

Lakersfan2483
03-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Check out that thread 2483. I think you'll dig it, goes into work ethic and the "peril of ease". Something that absolutely applied to Shaq.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596198

I read it, good stuff man.

TheHoopsProphet
03-06-2011, 03:44 PM

If anyone had Colby's work ethic we would be challenging the GOAT at whatever craft we do.

whitemamba33
03-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Can't say something good about Kobe, but willing to defend LeWanda and Dwade? Figures.............Whitemamba would be the antaganist to the Blackmamba. Reputations are what they are and no one talks about anyone else being as willing to put in the time.

Sorry..i'm just not a douche. I don't put down the work ethic of players unless I've seen what they do. I realize that is the sort of gossip that keep you ladies typing on your keyboards...but it's not for me.

LA_Raiders
03-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Goat