PDA

View Full Version : Fisher hurt

QUICKTRADE
03-05-2011, 01:56 AM
This might be a blessing in disguise to see the real Blake and possibly time to pick extra point guard. Sorry guys but I don't like fisher even when he is healthy bec I see him as slow and can't keep up with the new breed of pg out there. Any pg's not sign yet? or I also like adding a shooter instead of a big man.

Chacarron
03-05-2011, 01:59 AM
I think Fisher can hold his own on defense. He is not the quickest but he is very smart trying to get offensive fouls called on opponents. Hopefully he is not out for long, his toughness and leadership will be missed if he is out.

lakers4sho
03-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Too late to add new players for this season.

showtym24
03-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Playoffs are right around the corner. We need Fish.

shep33
03-05-2011, 02:12 AM
It wouldn't be a bad idea to add Arroyo for playoff insurance. I expect El Presidente to be back though.

kblo247
03-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Fisher has actually been playing well since right before the break with increased minutes. Andhis defense speaks for itself when he held Allen, Nash, and Deron in check last year. He also held Paul in check this year and then Paul destroyed Blake :laugh2:

whitemamba33
03-05-2011, 02:26 AM
I can't think of a better pg we've had in a LONG time, so I'm actually pretty happy with Fish. He may not give us a ton of athleticism or scoring, but with Kobe/Lamar/Gasol/Bynum on the floor he doesn't really need to shoot the lights out for us. He may get beaten by the faster, elite pg's of the league, but they SHOULD be running right into our 2 7 footers, so I don't think that this should be a huge problem if we are playing help defense like we should.

kblo247
03-05-2011, 02:32 AM
For people who don't like Fisher just say this to yourself

Playoff Fisher > Farmar, Smush, Shammond, Atkins, Tierre, Payton, Lue, Van Exel

Then rejoice because unlike all those other fools who has manned the spots, Fisher steps up on both ends and delivers

evadatam5150
03-05-2011, 02:43 AM
This might be a blessing in disguise to see the real Blake and possibly time to pick extra point guard. Sorry guys but I don't like fisher even when he is healthy bec I see him as slow and can't keep up with the new breed of pg out there. Any pg's not sign yet? or I also like adding a shooter instead of a big man.

Last three seasons new breed of point guard 1, Derek Fisher 2.. I think Fish has been holding his own just fine.. Sometimes what you lack in physical ability can simply be made up with experience, intelligence, passion and heart.. All things Fisher has in spades.. And he doesn't buckle under pressure...

Odominator
03-05-2011, 02:44 AM
I love Nick the Quick Van Exel....

Lakeshow86
03-05-2011, 02:57 AM
He has a sprained elbow. I had the injury once. I couldnt extend my arm for about 3-4 days and had to have it in a sling. But after that it was back to normal. But his injury could be different He could miss no games or he could be out for a week or perhaps longer? But I would expect him to not miss any games or only miss 1 game. Its not a serious injury anyway.

midwestlaker75
03-05-2011, 03:15 AM
It didn't look too bad, I will be highly surprised if D-Fish doesn't play Sunday. It looked like he was going to try and continue but Phil said NO.

rasajr23
03-05-2011, 03:23 AM
Damn I hope this doesnt screw up D Fish's consecutive games played streak??

mjm201
03-05-2011, 03:35 AM
Fisher has actually been playing well since right before the break with increased minutes. Andhis defense speaks for itself when he held Allen, Nash, and Deron in check last year. He also held Paul in check this year and then Paul destroyed Blake :laugh2:

Is this a joke? I love Fish, but he got smoked in every series last year in the playoffs. You might want to go back and check the box scores before making a statement like that. We can't have an allstar at every position and pg is our biggest weakness by far. That being said no point guard has looked great in the triangle here or in Chicago.

packers 1 baby
03-05-2011, 03:50 AM
this is a stupid post fish is good to say he is no your a moron and ya they might go pick up a PG TO HELP BLAKE IN TELL FISH GETS BACK

CLASSOF72
03-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Any news on Dfish's availibility? I don't want to have to go without Fish for a single game durring this playoff run.

VJ24
03-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Any news on Dfish's availibility? I don't want to have to go without Fish for a single game durring this playoff run.

Phil believes Fish will play on sunday. We'll see what happends. I really wanna beat San Antonio.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=437&line=155049&spln=1

Teeboy1487
03-05-2011, 01:40 PM
This is not a blessing. The playoffs are a little over a month away. This is the season (the playoffs) where Fish makes his money and he's hurt. It sucks imo. I hope he is fine.

J4KOP99
03-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Fish will be ready. You can believe that.

GREATNESS ONE
03-05-2011, 03:14 PM
lmao Yes having our PG that helped lead us to 5 NBA championships is a blessing to lose.:laugh2: Some of you guys in here are just:facepalm:

LAdiablo
03-05-2011, 03:16 PM
clown that just keeps on giving

magic0320
03-05-2011, 03:22 PM
lmao Yes having our PG that helped lead us to 5 NBA championships is a blessing to lose.:laugh2: Some of you guys in here are just:facepalm:

There is always downer around here when people are just trying to be positive :facepalm:

VANEXEL9
03-05-2011, 03:24 PM

can you explain why you are laughing at one our players on the final sentence of your response?
are you a hornets fan?
i don't get it

CLASSOF72
03-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Phil believes Fish will play on sunday. We'll see what happends. I really wanna beat San Antonio.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=437&line=155049&spln=1

Thanks! I want to win in San Antonio as well, but it's going to be a battle for sure.

ldawg
03-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Was hoping we sign Carlos just in case his elbow is hurt but celtics beat us to the punch.

johnnychan
03-05-2011, 05:26 PM
I think Fish will be fine nothing serious, probably would have came back if we were playing someone good. Probably just hyperextended it.

Avenged
03-05-2011, 06:06 PM
He's the best point guard available if there are even any. He's co Leader of the time, brings chemistry, motivation, and leadership.. This guy is definitely needed. Not to mention he always brings his game in the playoffs. He should take all the time he needs to have him ready for the playoffs.

handle
03-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Was hoping we sign Carlos just in case his elbow is hurt but celtics beat us to the punch.

A comatose sloth could beat Mitch to the punch. How does this guy even justify his salary?

championships
03-05-2011, 06:32 PM
It's never a blessing to lose a leader on your team. Hope it's not serious and he doesn't miss any time. We need everybody at the top of their game heading into the playoffs.

limeytech
03-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
The Lakers announced that @DerekFisher is "probable" for Sunday's game at San Antonio.
http://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/44151435058876417

Quote:
Meanwhile, @Matt_Barnes22 (knee) practiced on Saturday morning and received treatment; his status is "day-to-day".
http://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/44151666622214144

RoyalG333
03-05-2011, 09:42 PM
the bulldog will be fine. if anything, this will fire him up more. you know the value of Fish is not something that shows up on the stat sheets.

XerxestheGreat
03-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Losing Fish a blessing???? I don't know about that...

I'm just glad his elbow bent when Kwame yanked on his arm. If his elbow was lock, that would have been reallllyyyyy bad!!

limeytech
03-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Losing Fish a blessing???? I don't know about that...

I'm just glad his elbow bent when Kwame yanked on his arm. If his elbow was lock, that would have been reallllyyyyy bad!!

Agree

mekedubs
03-05-2011, 11:27 PM
I can't think of a better pg we've had in a LONG time, so I'm actually pretty happy with Fish. He may not give us a ton of athleticism or scoring, but with Kobe/Lamar/Gasol/Bynum on the floor he doesn't really need to shoot the lights out for us. He may get beaten by the faster, elite pg's of the league, but they SHOULD be running right into our 2 7 footers, so I don't think that this should be a huge problem if we are playing help defense like we should.

^^^^This. People can say what they want about Fisher, but come playoff time he's one of the best point guards in the league. The 5 rings speak for themselves... And Fisher does EXACTLY what he's supposed to do on defense and that's shade these quick pg's to the help. Bynum does EXACTLY what he's supposed to do and that's block and alter shots.

Unfortunately, our "All-Star" Pau only plays on one end and that's the offensive end... He gives up way too many easy lay-ups at the rim by opposing guards...

GREATNESS ONE
03-06-2011, 01:02 AM
He'll be back, I don't think he would miss this for the world.

kobebabe
03-06-2011, 11:42 AM
It is sad to see fans that don't appreciate what Fish has done for us for the longest. He has been great for us in the playoffs and his locker room leadership is just as big. Hard to please human race

mamba24
03-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Is this a joke? I love Fish, but he got smoked in every series last year in the playoffs. You might want to go back and check the box scores before making a statement like that. We can't have an allstar at every position and pg is our biggest weakness by far. That being said no point guard has looked great in the triangle here or in Chicago.

stats are miss leading. you arent very smart... if you look at stats alone you miss the impact he had on the games. points wise he definitely got lit up... but on an aggressive night fish scores 12 pts. we dont need anything but defense from him. and also look at it this way... how many times has kobe dropped 50? do you know how many of his 50 pt games we have lost lol? dont post unless you really know what youre talking about kid...

mjm201
03-06-2011, 03:11 PM
stats are miss leading. you arent very smart... if you look at stats alone you miss the impact he had on the games. points wise he definitely got lit up... but on an aggressive night fish scores 12 pts. we dont need anything but defense from him. and also look at it this way... how many times has kobe dropped 50? do you know how many of his 50 pt games we have lost lol? dont post unless you really know what youre talking about kid...

I am no kid and I have been following the lakers since 1985. Thanks for the insult, lol. Fish is now old and slow and being schooled by the better point guards in the league. In the locker room, as a leader he is great but on the court he is often a liability.

deadman8586
03-06-2011, 04:18 PM
I am no kid and I have been following the lakers since 1985. Thanks for the insult, lol. Fish is now old and slow and being schooled by the better point guards in the league. In the locker room, as a leader he is great but on the court he is often a liability.

And yet Phil doesn't care. Oh and P.S our whole team is slow.

The1ronHorse
03-06-2011, 04:26 PM
I <3 Fisher sucha great leader but no doubt we need to look into other people for the future. If this team can get a quick good defending good shooting pg for the future then they would be pretty much complete.

deadman8586
03-06-2011, 04:35 PM
I <3 Fisher sucha great leader but no doubt we need to look into other people for the future. If this team can get a quick good defending good shooting pg for the future then they would be pretty much complete.

And this is were we use one of our 4 2nd round picks for because we can't add add anymore payroll. Also we need to start drafting, and delevoping our own players again. I mean how do you think San Antoino keeps getting good players.

GREATNESS ONE
03-07-2011, 03:45 PM
If it makes some of you guys feel better, I think it will be Fishers last year as the starting pg. After we and he wins his second 3peat.