PDA

View Full Version : How Far Will The Heat Go?

wesbeasflynn
03-05-2011, 12:43 AM
how far will they go?

marlinsfan24
03-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Well, they do have to travel to Toronto, so I'd say from Miami to Toronto. Nets and Raptors go the farthest to London though.

Gators123
03-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Far, once they trade Wade.

marlinsfan24
03-05-2011, 12:48 AM

Wade won't be traded. He means as much to the city as Marino does. Trading him would be suicidal to the fan base.

godolphins
03-05-2011, 12:49 AM
I can see them playing a game in London in a couple of years

ManRam
03-05-2011, 12:49 AM
I still think this isn't the Heat team that we'll be seeing in the playoffs. I still expect them to get out of the second round and maybe further. :hide:

They'll figure it out. I don't know why I keep telling myself that, but my guy tells me that they have too much for that not to be the case.

_KB24_
03-05-2011, 01:04 AM
They really need to solve their late game woes. No way they're going to win against the big guns closing out like that. I'd still think they have a decent shot at making noise in the long run. Knicks and Boston are the two teams I think they're most vulnerable to. They could handle their own against Chicago, Orlando, and the Hawks in a series, but could be knocked off as well.

SteBO
03-05-2011, 01:09 AM
ECF. NO farther than that in my opinion. I'm leaning back to "2nd round fodder" though with this pathetic play. I'll officially be there if we lose Sunday.

metsfanssince05
03-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Conference finals. I think there 1-9 against the top teams. I dont think they can get past ECF, maybe ESF.

totheights
03-05-2011, 01:11 AM
The Heat will lose in the 2nd round once they face a real team.

nickdymez
03-05-2011, 01:12 AM
LOL..Im not gonna say nothing else about the heat or i'll get banned

Ebbs
They will win it all.

Lake_Show2416
it should be a good 2nd round between the Heat and the Bulls but i think in a hard fought series the Heat come out then lose to the Celtics in the Conference Finals

whitemamba33
03-05-2011, 01:14 AM
If they get anything short of a championship, it's a disapointment. Nobody can convince me otherwise. I'm not going to listen to any excuses.

dnewguy
03-05-2011, 01:14 AM
2nd round. You can't turn a video coordinator into a head coach and expect better.

LayZbone
03-05-2011, 01:16 AM
all the way to the tippy top....once Spo gets replaced.

whitemamba33
03-05-2011, 01:18 AM
:facepalm: blaming it on the coach.

The play like crap to start the season, they blame it on the coach.
They turn things around, I don't hear anything about the coach.
Things start going bad again, and they blame the coach.

I guess its easier that way...right?

TO to the CHI
03-05-2011, 01:26 AM
ecf. No farther than that in my opinion. I'm leaning back to "2nd round fodder" though with this pathetic play. I'll officially be there when we lose sunday.

fyp

iamsteel
03-05-2011, 01:30 AM
I picked semi-finals, but it really is a crap shoot. I can see them losing in the first round, and I can see them in the finals. Either way, it will be really fun to watch.

believeinNYK
03-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Theyll lose in the 2nd round to bulls, if not then the ECF to the celtics

abe_froman
03-05-2011, 01:48 AM
2nd round.they can use the overwhelming talent gap to beat on weaker teams,but going up against teams where they cant use that advantage like they'll see with other top teams in the 2nd round take it away and the lack of an interior doesnt match up well with chi/bos/orl and their bigmen rotations

Yanks All Day
03-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Depends on which Heat team shows up. If its the one where their D makes opposing offenses look like high school teams and their role players step it up, then they're nearly unstoppable. If its the team that needs Wade to score 30 and LeBron go for 27/9/8 but no one else shows up to play, then they can lose in the 2nd round easily. LeBron and Wade can win games, probably even series, against good teams based on sheer talent, but that lack of depth on the post is going to kill them against great teams.

koLohe2133
03-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Semis.

The real question is: will bosh cry again?

I would bet my house on it.

PLAYERS FAN
03-05-2011, 02:05 AM
If they get anything short of a championship, it's a disapointment. Nobody can convince me otherwise. I'm not going to listen to any excuses.

Lebron have no more excuses!

More-Than-Most
03-05-2011, 02:09 AM
They are lucky to be playing in the East. Come playoff time they will likely win their first round match up but after that they will falter. We all assumed they would have trouble and it will only continue. Their lack of depth will end up being their down fall come playoff time.

Cano4prez
03-05-2011, 02:09 AM
I'll say ECF, but a championship is possible. It will be hard and unlikely with the likes of Dampier, Z, and Joel Anthony as your centers but not out of the question

HaX
03-05-2011, 02:14 AM
2nd round.

bovice163
03-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Second round. Can't get much further than that with little half-court offense and mental toughness. On top of that they have one of the most incompetent coaches in the league. If they fill out their roster a bit more, and Riley decides to coach them, then they have a shot at some hardware. Until then it's a 2nd round exit.

shizzle09
03-05-2011, 02:20 AM
Yuck, we play like this we wont beat whoever we play in the 1st round. That said i still feel we'll see a different monster come post season. Not as all as confident as i once was though. We are playing like doo doo. for real

shizzle09
03-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Second round. Can't get much further than that with little half-court offense and mental toughness. On top of that they have one of the most incompetent coaches in the league. If they fill out their roster a bit more, and Riley decides to coach them, then they have a shot at some hardware. Until then it's a 2nd round exit.

Bingo! He cant handle his duties period. We are out coached every night. Spurs looked like a far better coached team tonight.

save the knicks
03-05-2011, 02:24 AM
What about that bus accident?

More-Than-Most
03-05-2011, 02:25 AM

That is the problem. Boston was lucky with their big 3... They had players that were good and not over priced to go along with their all stars so it was the perfect formula. The heat have spent the majority of their cash on 3 all stars and have little to none left to fill in the holes. I would take 1 great player and 4 good to really good players over 3 all stars and squat every time.

shizzle09
03-05-2011, 02:26 AM
:facepalm: blaming it on the coach.

The play like crap to start the season, they blame it on the coach.
They turn things around, I don't hear anything about the coach.
Things start going bad again, and they blame the coach.

I guess its easier that way...right?

Do you understand the game of basketball? Anyone who does can see how poorly coached this team is. Some fault always is on the players but you cant ignore the lack of offensive schemes spo runs out there. Even over the last few years us heat fans have questioned this guy. His rotations have always been questioned prior to this year. Guarantee if someone like Doc Rivers, Popovich or Phil Jackson was coaching this team we would have much more success on offense. Put Riley out there and they would be alot further along as a team.

bovice163
03-05-2011, 02:28 AM
That is the problem. Boston was lucky with their big 3... They had players that were good and not over priced to go along with their all stars so it was the perfect formula. The heat have spent the majority of their cash on 3 all stars and have little to none left to fill in the holes. I would take 1 great player and 4 good to really good players over 3 all stars and squat every time.

Well, the Boston big 3 complements each other absolutely perfectly. They have a very good coach in Doc Rivers, and a PG in Rondo that can hold it all together. I agree though, I would much rather have a complete team with little weakness, than 2 superstars with similar games.

totheights
03-05-2011, 02:31 AM
Bingo! He cant handle his duties period. We are out coached every night. Spurs looked like a far better coached team tonight.

No. The Spurs looked like a far better TEAM tonight. Tonight had nothing to do with coaching.

chicago lulz
03-05-2011, 02:31 AM
as far as they can take themselves

whitemamba33
03-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Do you understand the game of basketball? Anyone who does can see how poorly coached this team is. Some fault always is on the players but you cant ignore the lack of offensive schemes spo runs out there. Even over the last few years us heat fans have questioned this guy. His rotations have always been questioned prior to this year. Guarantee if someone like Doc Rivers, Popovich or Phil Jackson was coaching this team we would have much more success on offense. Put Riley out there and they would be alot further along as a team.

I find it hard to believe that SPO calls ALL the shots. I find it hard to believe that if LeBron, Wade, and Bosh are frustrated with the offensive schemes, that they wouldn't have it there way. I find it hard to believe that if LeBron James or Wade wants to run a play or drive to the basket instead of taking contested jump shots, he can't figure a way to do that this deep in the season.

If this is what you are expecting me to believe, than we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

IMO the problem is what I said it was going to be from day 1: they have a lot of pressure, have had very little time to build championship-level team chemistry, and they aren't getting their role players involved enough. It worked well in Boston because they have MUCH more of a team mentality.

People weren't complaining when they went on that huge winning streak earlier on in the season. SPO wasn't the bad guy back then. It's just a cop out now. If they win the championship, nobody will say anything about him. If they lose the championship, they are going to pin it on him.

bovice163
03-05-2011, 02:41 AM
I find it hard to believe that SPO calls ALL the shots. I find it hard to believe that if LeBron, Wade, and Bosh are frustrated with the offensive schemes, that they wouldn't have it there way. I find it hard to believe that if LeBron James or Wade wants to run a play or drive to the basket instead of taking contested jump shots, he can't figure a way to do that this deep in the season.

If this is what you are expecting me to believe, than we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

IMO the problem is what I said it was going to be from day 1: they have a lot of pressure, have had very little time to build championship-level team chemistry, and they aren't getting their role players involved enough.

People weren't complaining when they went on that huge winning streak earlier on in the season. SPO wasn't the bad guy back then. It's just a cop out now.

The problem is that for the most part, LeBron and Wade do what they want on the offensive end. It is free lance offense with a pick and roll/pick and pop here and there. The play the Heat run the most, is Wade/LeBron penetrates and kicks it out to the open man. That isn't a set play, that's fundamental basketball. Too bad that at this high of a level in basketball, you can't just run those simple plays and expect to win. There has to be an offensive system in place. The offense they run is just too predictable sometimes, but the Heat win some games on sheer talent alone.

whitemamba33
03-05-2011, 02:46 AM
The problem is that for the most part, LeBron and Wade do what they want on the offensive end. It is free lance offense with a pick and roll/pick and pop here and there. The play the Heat run the most, is Wade/LeBron penetrates and kicks it out to the open man. That isn't a set play, that's fundamental basketball. Too bad that at this high of a level in basketball, you can't just run those simple plays and expect to win. There has to be an offensive system in place. The offense they run is just too predictable sometimes, but the Heat win some games on sheer talent alone.

Those guys have been doing whatever they want to do for years. The reality of the situation is that in some cases, against some teams, having LeBron and Wade on the same team is going to backfire. I'm not saying they can't work it out, but it's going to take some time. I don't think there is a coach in the world that could take these personalities and create good team basketball in less than 1 season.

gjsii13
03-05-2011, 02:56 AM
Wade won't be traded. He means as much to the city as Marino does. Trading him would be suicidal to the fan base.

That might be the most ridiculous post I have ever read. Don't ever say that again.

Time2Dieeee
03-05-2011, 03:03 AM
how far will the heat go???? all the way IF they want...they have talent

marlinsfan24
03-05-2011, 03:05 AM
That might be the most ridiculous post I have ever read. Don't ever say that again.

Really? How is this at all ridiculous?

John Walls Era
03-05-2011, 03:11 AM
I'd bet anything they will make it to the ECF. You know how much more excitement (not the right word, because there is also more negativity) there will be as long as the Heat are in the playoffs?

NBA-GMaster
03-05-2011, 03:23 AM
semis or conference finals..

SANDBURG23
03-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Lose to NYK in first round.

Jewelz0376
03-05-2011, 03:31 AM
What I can't help but notice is that when Lebron was on Cle...people complain about their 1 on 5 offense...and now Lebron is on the Heat and they essentially do the same thing...is that just a coincidence??

SANDBURG23
03-05-2011, 03:32 AM
Well, the Boston big 3 complements each other absolutely perfectly. They have a very good coach in Doc Rivers, and a PG in Rondo that can hold it all together. I agree though, I would much rather have a complete team with little weakness, than 2 superstars with similar games.

It's not really a big 3, it's more like 4.

SANDBURG23
03-05-2011, 03:34 AM
What I can't help but notice is that when Lebron was on Cle...people complain about their 1 on 5 offense...and now Lebron is on the Heat and they essentially do the same thing...is that just a coincidence??

The only thing the same about the two is Big Z. It's his fault, fire him.

Supreme LA
03-05-2011, 03:44 AM

It's as much the players fault as it is the coach. You can't blame the coach for everything considering he is doing the best he can with the personnel he has. SPO can't coach or draw up schemes for Lebron who doesn't know how to do anything else besides putting his head down and bulldozing his way in the lane looking for a layup or a kickout. It's the same play over and over for him and D-Wade because they both still lack something offensively.

Lebron is still pretty much one-dimensional offensively when it comes down to a close game. It's basically isolations on the perimeter for him and Wade because that's what they are best at. They both attack the rim or they miss jumpers that lead to long rebounds and which often lead to run outs as we saw today against the Spurs.

It has very little to do with the coach. It has more to do with the personnel and the Heat are only going to go as far as Lebron will take them. Lebron needs to work on his game. He has so many gifts but what he lacks is good fundamental footwork, a low post game, and a consistent midrange jumper. I say that only because his 3-pt shooting has improved. The guy is so one-dimensional and that just won't cut it against a defense like the Spurs as we saw today. I mean seriously, how many offensive fouls did we see him pick up in the first half today? Lebron better work on his game this offseason because if he doesn't develop in those 3 areas, the Heat will remain the same next season as well. It falls on him and always will, not the coach.

shep33
03-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Teams still don't want to play them. That's a scary team if something just clicks in them, they have the talent to be unstoppable... that when and if that happens is the lingering question.

JayW_1023
03-05-2011, 06:30 AM
Bosh, LBJ and Wade are ball stoppers. No great ball movement pretty much makes them predictable. They need to move the ball and make opposing defenses shift. They are bailing out opposing D's by trying to go one and one with one of the stars creating plays on the fly.

Last night was evidence that true team basketball trumps individual brilliance every damn time. Street hoops don't cut it in this league.

JayW_1023
03-05-2011, 06:30 AM
What annoys me most are the articles that keep analyzing why the Heat lost instead of formulating why the Spurs WON. As if the spurs were the underdog to the high and mighty Heat. Such a joke. It doesn't matter what the Spurs do they will never get the credit they deserve for doing things the way they are supposed to be done.

nbacardDOTnet
03-05-2011, 09:02 AM
They will win it all.

like this ?

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Miami%20Heat/006a1979.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Miami%20Heat/fd83af75.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Miami%20Heat/20110304.jpg

Heediot
03-05-2011, 09:49 AM
The same problem existed for Wade's team without Shaq when he was good, and LebRon's teams in Cleveland, they need a legit interior presence that can score and defend in the half court. Playoff basketball is about defense and executing in the half-court that is why they struggle tio beat the elite teams. You can always outscore the lesser teams on talent alone but with the big boys you cannot do that. I predicted Miami like Cleveland last year will have the best regular season record (ill guess ill be wrong here) and fade in the playoffs, they make the conference finals if they are lucky. You cannot win in the playoffs or alteast the finals with purely a perimiter game.

killbumdeluxe13
03-05-2011, 09:50 AM
they should make it past the first round. i dont see them making it much farther than that though. they dont have a bench or role players to fill in. San Antonio just showed them why you need a bench. Miami's starters outscored San Antonio 69-67. Spurs bench outscored Miami's bench 58-26!! <- Thats the difference in the game right there. In terms of a starting 5 not many teams can match up with the heat, but unfortunately for Lebron and Co. they have absolutely no support. You can't win a championship playing 3 man basketball, the Heat need a full team effort and the games against top tier opponents have showed that they are seriously behind in that department.

JayW_1023
03-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Most people think it's all about the individual matchups and come to ridiculous comparisons like this:

Bibby<Parker
Wade>Manu
LBJ>RJ
Bosh>Duncan
Dampier<Blair

"HEAT win 3 individual matchups, so they must be the better team LULZ", would be the answer.

People need to realize the NBA is more than a friggin pickup game and that talent is only part of the equation. It takes understanding of the game, trusting each other and playing as a whole instead just a sum of it's parts.

I may be old fashioned but seeing The Spurs dismantling opposing defenses with precision ball movement is a helluva more fun to watch than any type of dunk or crossover dribble.

effen5
03-05-2011, 10:04 AM

I said this before the season started and I think even one of the Heat posters have it as their sig...

Bulls have a BETTER TEAM
Miami has better talent

Last night showed you why team > talent...

m26555
03-05-2011, 11:15 AM
I still think this isn't the Heat team that we'll be seeing in the playoffs. I still expect them to get out of the second round and maybe further. :hide:

They'll figure it out. I don't know why I keep telling myself that, but my guy tells me that they have too much for that not to be the case.
Didn't you also say this about Cleveland last year after Boston plastered them in game five?

I don't see how this Heat team can just "figure it out" come playoff time. It's not like they're the Celtics or the Lakers where they can simply coast through the regular season and then flip the "on" switch in April. They might be able to put it all together in the future (with the right moves in free agency, because there are certainly holes on this roster), but as far as this year goes, they are not going anywhere in the postseason. They just aren't good enough.

P.S.: When I say "not going anywhere," I don't mean they'll lose in the first round.

marlinsfan24
03-05-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm not saying the Heat will automatically win it all win Haslem comes back, but IMO, the team will be better. UD is the heart and soul of this Miami team. He gives the Heat the toughness and blue-collar play that we are obviously not getting right now from the bench.

SteBO
Didn't you also say this about Cleveland last year after Boston plastered them in game five?

I don't see how this Heat team can just "figure it out" come playoff time. It's not like they're the Celtics or the Lakers where they can simply coast through the regular season and then flip the "on" switch in April. They might be able to put it all together in the future (with the right moves in free agency, because there are certainly holes on this roster), but as far as this year goes, they are not going anywhere in the postseason. They just aren't good enough.

P.S.: When I say "not going anywhere," I don't mean they'll lose in the first round.
I tend to have a bit more faith than that, but I'm leaning toward second-round exit at this point, based on our recent play. We need a big change in our team. I'm just not sure if this is just a rough patch, or if there's something legitimately wrong with the Heat. I think it's the latter.

Albrecht Duerer
Bosh, LBJ and Wade are ball stoppers. No great ball movement pretty much makes them predictable. They need to move the ball and make opposing defenses shift. They are bailing out opposing D's by trying to go one and one with one of the stars creating plays on the fly.

Last night was evidence that true team basketball trumps individual brilliance every damn time. Street hoops don't cut it in this league.

Yup. As soon as they can start functioning in a half court offense, they can be considered a contender but probably not before then.

m26555
03-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I tend to have a bit more faith than that, but I'm leaning toward second-round exit at this point, based on our recent play. We need a big change in our team. I'm just not sure if this is just a rough patch, or if there's something legitimately wrong with the Heat. I think it's the latter.
You pretty much read my mind.

m26555
03-05-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm not saying the Heat will automatically win it all win Haslem comes back, but IMO, the team will be better. UD is the heart and soul of this Miami team. He gives the Heat the toughness and blue-collar play that we are obviously not getting right now from the bench.
Certainly, but I think Miami has bigger issues than Haslem right now.

Minimal
03-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Voted for "All the way to the RINGS" just to see the results.

Albrecht Duerer
03-05-2011, 11:22 AM

Except their biggest problem is half court offense, not defense. Miami's one of the strongest defensive teams in the league but when they go up against other strong defensive teams, they've been struggling in their half court offense.

marlinsfan24
03-05-2011, 11:23 AM

I think saying the Heat aren't good enough to win this season is false. They are not good enough team-wise, yes. But with talent, they sure are. And with that talent, if they catch fire in the playoffs, they will be hard to put out. So I think it would be wrong to count us out this season.

With that said. I now even need to see better play over the next 19 games to believe in the Heat championship possibility again.

The BodyGuard
03-05-2011, 11:24 AM
I got a feeling that The Heat and Spurs will lose in the 1st. Round

Ethix11
03-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Haslem is an integral part of our defense and should be back soon. This team has lost its identity without him. They arent playing the one thing they have always been known for and thats defense. We have the best team to score with when the defense sets up opportunities for fast breaks on the other end.

ks32
03-05-2011, 11:33 AM
I got a feeling that The Heat and Spurs will lose in the 1st. Round

lol and who's taking down the spurs in the 1st round? haha

magichatnumber9
03-05-2011, 11:43 AM
The semi's and that's not bad. I see them regrouping and making moves this off season. I can also see Chicago getting better. Maybe a Noah, Dwight Howard trade?

ManningToTyree
03-05-2011, 11:49 AM
it all depends on how they are doing heading into the playoffs. They have the talent to win it, but if i had to guess they won't this season

Young2Kinsler
03-05-2011, 12:25 PM
The semi's and that's not bad. I see them regrouping and making moves this off season. I can also see Chicago getting better. Maybe a Noah, Dwight Howard trade?

You think winning 1 series is not bad?

k.smith904
03-05-2011, 01:15 PM
The Heat are in trouble! Re-light your torches and grab your pitchforks Heat fan(s), it's time to string up the coach.

It must be the coach.

It's the coach, right?

Yeah, it's gotta be.

Khri
03-05-2011, 01:31 PM
1st round exit.

knicks4life33
03-05-2011, 01:55 PM
conference finals but maybe even semi depending who they meet that round

D-Block21-Chito
03-05-2011, 01:58 PM

Trade him to chicago.. lol

Yeah that would be crazy he is basically the only player liked around the nba on your team. That would crush your fans base

Team*Chicago
03-05-2011, 04:33 PM
LOL..Im not gonna say nothing else about the heat or i'll get banned

;) You got that right. Or you'll get banned by a heat moderator.

Cano4prez
03-05-2011, 04:37 PM
They'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

TheDiggler
03-05-2011, 04:44 PM
No hate. But First Round Exit. Depending on who they face maybe second round. But possibly not more ...

el_primo_nano
03-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I think if they meet the Bulls/Magic/Boston in the semi's they will be ousted.

marlinsfan24
03-05-2011, 06:00 PM
I think if they meet the Bulls/Magic/Boston in the semi's they will be ousted.

Celtics and Bulls may knock us out, yes. Magic, people forget that we just beat them recently as well. We've proven we can beat them.

Evolution23
03-05-2011, 06:01 PM
conference finals against the celtics where they get their ***** handed to them.

justinnum1
03-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Trade him to chicago.. lol

Yeah that would be crazy he is basically the only player liked around the nba on your team. That would crush your fans base

Keep dreaming