PDA

View Full Version : Should Wade and Lebron be Making Bosh Better?

Tony_Starks
03-04-2011, 02:34 PM
First off Im of the opinion that Bosh is not that third guy. He's not a presence in the post or a hard working rebounder. Thats just me.

However should or could Lebron and Wade be making him better? I've seen numerous games where they make a concerted effort to run a portion of the offense through Bosh and its really not a big deal at all.

I also look at when Gasol came to LA and Kobe actually made him better, where a lot of folks where saying he was the best PF in the game.

So is Bosh just not going to be that third (important) guy or can they help him become one of the best? Dont get it twisted he's getting his numbers, but if you watch their games they really don't matter.

GoatMilk
03-04-2011, 02:46 PM
he needs the rock
they want him to be a catch and shoot guy, and it isnt working most of the time

O

Raph12
03-04-2011, 02:56 PM
He's more of a 2nd option type who needs the ball in his hands, they needed a guy who could work off-ball... Too bad lol.

ATL-ALL-DAY
03-04-2011, 03:18 PM
*Allen iverson voice*

"how the hell imma make my teammates better by practicing?!"

acehole
03-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Heat couldnt win a close game if their lives depended on it

RZZZA
03-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Bosh is just not that guy for them. I think Heat would have done better with Boozer than with Bosh. Yeah, Boozer is a poor defender but his playing style more reflects what the Heat need. He's dangerous in the low post, he can grab rebounds and he's good at drawing fouls. He's also a good motivating force on the court, he's so loud.

ManRam
03-04-2011, 03:27 PM
I think the biggest problem with Bosh is that he just isn't the fit they need. He doesn't bang down low. He would rather sit around the perimeter and shoot that jumper than post up. And on a team with a ton of perimeter players and few low post scorer, that's a problem. LeBron and Wade aren't excluding him, and they aren't not making him better, he just isn't do what he needs to do for this team to succeed.

He shoots 6.1 shots a game from 16-23 feet. That's more than double the amount he shoots from any other spot on the court. 3.1 shots a game at the rim. 2.4 shots a game from 3-9 feet. 2.0 from 10-15 feet.

That is what they need from him. That's just my opinion though. What do I know.

DaBUU
03-04-2011, 03:27 PM
LBJ and Wade aren't making anyone better, but each other.

JasonJohnHorn
03-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Bosh has got to EARN his spot. You see LBJ and Wade run on the fast break, these guys are CRAZY!!! The love getting on the run and sharing the ball. How often you see Bosh running down the court with them?

Look, LBJ and Wade get plenty of double-teams, the kick the ball out plenty. Bosh has got to learn to move well WITHOUT the ball, and that is just not the type of player he has been. He is the type fo guy who works with the ball in his hand, earning a shot, and he's great at that, but that is not the way this Miami team is going to run. If the Heat had Chris Andersen (and no I'm not kidding) instead of Bosh, he'd be pulling in a double-double every night. That guy is a high octane player who loves to run, gets plenlty of looks off of offensive boards and knows how to cut to the basket when defneces fall off of him and move without the ball.

The reason why the 'big 3' worked in Boston: Allen loves moving without the ball. Garnett loves kicking out of the post and workin hard on D and on the glass, and Pierce loves bring the ball up and distributing. There talents blended together.

Wade and LBJ are like Batman and Superman. Bosh... he's like... he's just kinda lost. When they kick the ball down to him and let him work, he knows what he's doing, but when they are moving the ball around... he's just not in it.

SteBO
03-04-2011, 03:34 PM
I think the biggest problem with Bosh is that he just isn't the fit they need. He doesn't bang down low. He would rather sit around the perimeter and shoot that jumper than post up. And on a team with a ton of perimeter players and few low post scorer, that's a problem. LeBron and Wade aren't excluding him, and they aren't not making him better, he just isn't do what he needs to do for this team to succeed.

He shoots 6.1 shots a game from 16-23 feet. That's more than double the amount he shoots from any other spot on the court. 3.1 shots a game at the rim. 2.4 shots a game from 3-9 feet. 2.0 from 10-15 feet.

Both you and RZZZA have excellent points. Last night, and Dwyane Wade mentioned this in the post game, the Heat to begin the third q, tried involving Bosh more in the offense. However, that threw off the rhythm LeBron and Wade had in the first half. They should've kept attacking and just allow Bosh to catch up on his own, when Mike Bibby would come in. He's a jump shooting 4 man who doesn't bang, but I'm sure Pat knew this coming into this year. Hopefully he finds his way, but I think the smart thing to do is get Bosh established earlier in the games, then LeBron and Wade can do their thing. However, if they're going to do this, I'd rather them do it in the second half of games.

smith&wesson
03-04-2011, 03:35 PM
they dont need him .. what they need is a strong suporting cast and role players.

wade and lebron should ask rily to trade bosh for 2-3 good players, to fill out the roster properly. they dont need a stretch 4 . they need guys who rebound well and play hard D.

Sadds The Gr8
03-04-2011, 03:47 PM
i've said for the longest time that Amar'e would be the better fit because he's better off-ball, but no1 in the NBA forum believed me. Bosh is a ball-stopper like Melo, and needs 10+ secs to generate his offense in an isolation game.

SteBO
03-04-2011, 03:51 PM
i've said for the longest time that Amar'e would be the better fit because he's better off-ball, but no1 in the NBA forum believed me. Bosh is a ball-stopper like Melo, and needs 10+ secs to generate his offense in an isolation game.

I should have listened to you. I didn't think he would get this pathetic in games. He'll pick it up soon, I hope. It's just frustrating to watch him out there nowadays.

tdunk21
03-04-2011, 04:02 PM
make sure this doesnt happen......lol

http://i56.tinypic.com/2isf7gx.gif

DaBUU
03-04-2011, 04:07 PM
they dont need him .. what they need is a strong suporting cast and role players.

wade and lebron should ask rily to trade bosh for 2-3 good players, to fill out the roster properly. they dont need a stretch 4 . they need guys who rebound well and play hard D.

I hope this doesnt happen. I dont want to see Lebron and Wade with a well rounded roster, including a tough interior rebounder and defender. IMO, keeping Bosh around leaves them a little vulnerable.

Chronz
03-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Look at Bron and Wades usage rates, and tell me with a straight face that they are giving him enough touches. I thought they were suppose to sacrifice but theyve played basically the same.

I think him shedding the weight has hurt him but not moreso than the lack of touches.

nickdymez
03-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Ive been saying this... Big names dont win championships, chemistry does. The heat doesnt scare me at all... If they pulled some miraculous trade with the wolves and got love, game over... He fits... Payin max money for three players and thinking thats enough to win is stupid

Chronz
03-04-2011, 04:10 PM

They are perimeter players but they arent perimeter scorers, they need Bosh to shot those outlet jumpers, I agree they need him to post up more but they havent even gone to him much there this year.

SteBO
03-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Ive been saying this... Big names dont win championships, chemistry does. The heat doesnt scare me at all... If they pulled some miraculous trade with the wolves and got love, game over... He fits... Payin max money for three players and thinking thats enough to win is stupid

Hey man, :hi5: I see you're hating as usual.

smith&wesson
03-04-2011, 04:11 PM
I hope this doesnt happen. I dont want to see Lebron and Wade with a well rounded roster, including a tough interior rebounder and defender. IMO, keeping Bosh around leaves them a little vulnerable.

so true.

nickdymez
03-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey man, :hi5: I see you're hating as usual.

Kill that mess fa real man.. Im calling it like i see it.. If you wanna be a homer and think what im saying is "hatin" then go right ahead... Im sick of heat fans thinking people are "hatin" on them.... Theres nothing to hate on

smith&wesson
03-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Look at Bron and Wades usage rates, and tell me with a straight face that they are giving him enough touches. I thought they were suppose to sacrifice but theyve played basically the same.

I think him shedding the weight has hurt him but not moreso than the lack of touches.

If i was the heat coach, i dont know if i would want wade and lebron to get less touches, just for bosh to get more. you know what i mean ?

they dont have a dominant big man in the middle, do they really need a stretch 4 ? cuz thats what bosh is.

if i was riley i would have traded bosh while his value is somewhat high and try to get a strong big man, maybe a trade for perkins could have done the trick.

its all about the system, and bosh is not doing well in the heat system. i can see him thrive on another team that can use his skillset. and maybe his numbers can go back to looking more like they were in toronto.

SteBO
03-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Kill that mess fa real man.. Im calling it like i see it.. If you wanna be a homer and think what im saying is "hatin" then go right ahead... Im sick of heat fans thinking people are "hatin" on them.... Theres nothing to hate on

No, I'm not killin anything man. If that's how you're going to measure a good team, then I guess the Lakers are no better. They haven't been good against quality competition either. I'm calling it as I see it, and I'm not hating on the Lakers. Please don't mention championship rings, becuase that was last season. This is now. MIA will be fine, and you can bet me on that.

Flash3
03-04-2011, 04:20 PM

internet rage -___- rawr

smith&wesson
03-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I think haslem is much better suited to be the starting 4 for this team when he is fully healthy and back in game shape. they could use his hard nose D, rebounding, and all the litte things that haslem brings playing off the ball. he doesnt really need the ball in his hands to be effective where as bosh does.

Klivlend
03-04-2011, 04:21 PM

Nah man, you hate with the best of them. And you're terribly bias.

I know you've gotten grief got it in the past, but your sig doesn't make sense. The Los Angeles Lakers have not won 16 Championships. Usually, your posts are as ill-informed as your sig. It's fitting, really.

daboywonder2002
03-04-2011, 04:23 PM

gotta disagree with you here. amare needs the ball in his hands. whether its pick and rolls where you actually look for amare. or just amare attacking and making plays for himself or teammates. when stat was in attack mode, he was a mvp candidate. i dont think he would get the ball like he should if he was in miami

jkcronyn
03-04-2011, 04:24 PM
realistically does anyone think he could be moved?

SteBO
03-04-2011, 04:26 PM
realistically does anyone think he could be moved?

Next year, yes. Some teams are going to want him, and MIA could get some quality guys to surround Wade and LeBron. I don't know exactly who though. Who cares, really. It's too early for that.

Chronz
03-04-2011, 04:42 PM
If i was the heat coach, i dont know if i would want wade and lebron to get less touches, just for bosh to get more. you know what i mean ?

they dont have a dominant big man in the middle, do they really need a stretch 4 ? cuz thats what bosh is.

if i was riley i would have traded bosh while his value is somewhat high and try to get a strong big man, maybe a trade for perkins could have done the trick.

its all about the system, and bosh is not doing well in the heat system. i can see him thrive on another team that can use his skillset. and maybe his numbers can go back to looking more like they were in toronto.
Isnt the point of them coming together for them to sacrifice? Id want Bron and Wade to stop forcing the issue so that they could become more efficient on top of getting Bosh more shots. They wont win a title as a 2 man team, they need to get Bosh involved. Players like him dont just disappear unless they decline or stop seeing the ball. Either Bron and Wade are chucking too much or they cant make post players better.

Giantwarrior
03-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Miami has a team full of jump jump shooters. they need a low post presence. they should have signed Boozer or Amare instead of Bosh.

Sadds The Gr8
03-04-2011, 04:54 PM
gotta disagree with you here. amare needs the ball in his hands. whether its pick and rolls where you actually look for amare. or just amare attacking and making plays for himself or teammates. when stat was in attack mode, he was a mvp candidate. i dont think he would get the ball like he should if he was in miami

i wasn't saying that Amar'e needs absolutely no isos, because he does...he's a good 1v1 player too. but amar'e is more effective playing off the ball than Bosh. With good passers like Wade and James, Amar'e could get easy looks inside since he's a better finisher. Bosh is a ball stopper and takes so much time to generate his offense like Melo.

ghettosean
03-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Agreed!

When Amare gets it going he just gets ridiculous and he's great in the low post definately should have gotten Amare and I'm sure he would have signed no probs!

bovice163
03-04-2011, 06:28 PM
No, he has been relegated to a purely jump shooting PF. He never really had an inside presence or post game to begin with, and he has much less of one now.

ghettosean
03-04-2011, 06:33 PM
No, I'm not killin anything man. If that's how you're going to measure a good team, then I guess the Lakers are no better. They haven't been good against quality competition either. I'm calling it as I see it, and I'm not hating on the Lakers. Please don't mention championship rings, becuase that was last season. This is now. MIA will be fine, and you can bet me on that.
Depends who the face against in the playoffs thats all I'll say because remember that the Lakers are a deep team. It's not just Kobe and Gasol running the show all the time but with the heat I dunno well see... Grabbing Bibby might pay off though but I've seen a lot of ??? In the sports world on ESPN and TSN with there videos on "Why can't the heat beat the elite teams in the league". Giving up a 24 point won't cut it come playoff time... Well see is all I'll say but if they face Boston, Chicago and I wouldn't have thought to say it but now Orlando thats the real test!

(More Boston or Chicago obviously though)

ghettosean
03-04-2011, 06:35 PM
No, he has been relegated to a purely jump shooting PF. He never really had an inside presence or post game to begin with, and he has much less of one now.
When he was in Toronto he was the focal point of the team thats really why he looked more impressive than he was... Still a great player but I don't know if he fits in with this team anymore. It will be funny to hear the press conference with Lebron and Wade talking again how it's tough to lose a brother this and that this and that like Arroyo... LOL... Bunch of phonies!!! LOL!!!

210Don
03-04-2011, 06:36 PM

this.

JC_
03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Bosh came into this season with a different mentality and he basically lost all of the bulk he had at the beginning of last season when he was totally in beast mode (beginning of last season he was driving to the basket and pretty much doing everything for the Raptors).

Wade and Lebron aren't really making anyone better at this point. It seems to be either one of them playing 1 vs the other team a lot of the time.

smith&wesson
03-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Isnt the point of them coming together for them to sacrifice? Id want Bron and Wade to stop forcing the issue so that they could become more efficient on top of getting Bosh more shots. They wont win a title as a 2 man team, they need to get Bosh involved. Players like him dont just disappear unless they decline or stop seeing the ball. Either Bron and Wade are chucking too much or they cant make post players better.

i mean if you have guys with clear roles there shouldnt be a problem each player can play to theyre stregths to help the team win..

the big three in boston did sacrifice some for the better of the team, but i think theyre roles were very distinguished. like garnet was made the defensive anchor while allen and pierce focused on scoring more. bosh is not asuming the garnet role in miami, because his skillset is just not based on being tuff interior presence. he is a jump shooter and his post moves are not that strong for his size. bosh should know he came to be the big man for this team. that means setting hard screans, rebounding, blocking shots, playing hard D, thats his role but he does not excell in any of those areas.

his offense is not what the heat are dier need for, specially if it has to come at expense of dwade and lebron, two of the best offensive players in the game in comparison to bosh who is maybe top 20 ? for example the play was drawn up for him to take the last shot vs orlando the other night and he missed badly, maybe that shot would have been better off taken by lbj or dwade. this is why i think getting bosh more touches is not really the answer. his touches should come in the flow of the offense.

i say they need to trade him for a solid big man, or some really good role players.. if you have to make your two best players sacrifice some from theyre game to get your 3rd best player more effecient, i dont know if its worth having that third best player, you might as well trade him for pieces your team needs.

and is lebron and wade really forcing shots ? your the master at effeciency ratings and such so im asking you has theyre percentages dropped from last season ? because if they did it means they could be forcing shots, but if it hasnt then it just means they are playing there game and bosh is having a hard time find his role on this team.

Tony_Starks
03-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah I don't think Bosh can really complain about touches from what I see they actually run the offense through him at times, to no avail. Just catch, pivot away, and jumper. Also if that were Amare or even Boozer they would go demand the ball, forget about waiting.

My thing is Im wondering is there anything they can do to utilize him more because I honestly can't see them going far with him strictly pick and pop. They could've got old man Rasheed Wallace for that.

Like some of the guys said at the beginning a lot of us were saying that Bosh just wasn't that guy but that was met with "you guys are Bosh haters" and "look at his numbers" and blah blah blah.... But its beginning to look real obvious they chose a wrong 3rd partner......