PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap Iggy, anyone notice his monstrous passing efficiency?

Chronz
03-04-2011, 01:21 PM
6.1Assist with only 1.8 turnovers, if you take away his offensive fouls or ball handling turnovers his assist to badpass rate is ridiculous, he basically he commits 1 passing turnover for every 6 assists (this number hasnt been updated in months but still freakishly good). I always knew he was a good passer but I hadnt noticed its been a career year for him.

28.7 Assist Ratio
6.0 Pure Point Rating shatters the mark for any non-PG

Anyone care to comment on why hes been so successful passing the ball this year?

Young and Stupid
03-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Yup, I saw that earlier this week -- it's very bizarre. I often say this: I think that despite being overpaid, Iggy is one of the more underrated players in the league; he's a top-5 wing defender, he can score (not all the time, calm down Sixers fans) and he's versatile. I've been pushing for the Nets to trade for him in a deal centered around Outlaw.

Sixers Would Receive: Travis Outlaw, Damion James, Brandan Wright (sign and trade), Rockets' First-Rounder (2012) and the Nets' First-Rounder (2012)
Nets Would Receive: Andre Iguodala

Swashcuff
03-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I've noticed this I would have to credit Doug Collins a lot for Andre Iguodala's maturity this season. He has also been stellar this season on the perimeter defensively.

ghettosean
03-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Iggy is so on and off... Who knows what to expect thats why no one wants to trade for him

ChiSox219
03-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Doug Collins is a boss.

magichatnumber9
03-04-2011, 01:45 PM
I heard Iggy is a model teammate. SARCASM

Raph12
03-04-2011, 01:53 PM
I wanted Iggy so badly for VC's expiring-fillers-etc, but instead we go and get Turk & Arenas :puke:

Ugh I've had nothing but good things to say about Iggy this season, but Sixers fans seemed upset with him lol... It's a mystery to me.

Hustlenomics
03-04-2011, 01:54 PM
And he continues to get slept On

sep11ie
03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
I wanted Iggy so badly for VC's expiring-fillers-etc, but instead we go and get Turk & Arenas :puke:

Ugh I've had nothing but good things to say about Iggy this season, but Sixers fans seemed upset with him lol... It's a mystery to me.

Cause the expected him to be their savior and the Answer to their problems.

Hawkeye15
03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Iggy is quietly having his best season. He may very well be the best perimeter defender in the league, and he has cut his turnover rate down to an extreme level. The Sixers turnaround after a slow start is in part due to Iggy's great season. He is their best player thru simple rating, and if you look at his opponent counterproduction, its ridiculous how effective he has been slowing down perimeter scorers

Raph12
03-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Cause the expected him to be their savior and the Answer to their problems.

Dude's a good/great playmaker and an elite defender, but he's no Lebron; damn snobs don't appreciate him, get this guy on the Magic! :D

Cornbread12
03-04-2011, 02:24 PM

He's the anti-philly athlete. His body language on the court screams IDGAF and for a while he thought he could play like Kobe but he clearly can't. He hasn't improved much from his 3rd year, with him as our franchise player we've been the definition of mediocre and he has an 80+ million dollar contract and avgs like 13 points a game.

BUT overall most have warmed up to him because he's accepted his role and is a defense first player and we're winning more. Winning changes everything. If he was never touted to the fans as "the franchise player" and a viable replacement for Iverson then I think everyone would love him just as much as we did his rookie year. That's just my opinion tho, not speaking for all Philly fans.

CowboysKB24
03-04-2011, 02:31 PM

Sixers fan expect too much out of him. He is a great player, just not a player whose going to carry the team.

Cornbread12
03-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Iggy is quietly having his best season. He may very well be the best perimeter defender in the league, and he has cut his turnover rate down to an extreme level. The Sixers turnaround after a slow start is in part due to Iggy's great season. He is their best player thru simple rating, and if you look at his opponent counterproduction, its ridiculous how effective he has been slowing down perimeter scorers

07-08 was his best season. He avged 20-5-5 and shot better from the field, 3pt range, and FT line and we were winning at a pace similar to this years. And the turn around has more to do with Doug Collins being a great coach and putting the team in the best position to win coupled with Elton Brand rebounding from a horrible year, Jrue's development and our bench producing at the top of the league. Iggy is definitely a part of it with his defense and playmaking but those reasons I listed play a bigger part than Iggy's performance this season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah straight on Chronz.

Iggy has never been a scorer, he's like Odom...he would be a hell of a 3rd option in a contender.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-04-2011, 02:37 PM
i like his game. but his consistancy?? i dunno, i dont watch alotta 6ers games, but from what i hear...

pd7631
03-04-2011, 02:41 PM
It would be a lot easier to appreciate the little things he does if he didn't constantly miss free throws at the end of games, and never develop a consistent outside shot.

xbrackattackx
03-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Obviously he is playing better like every other young gun who won a medal this summer. That was the best experience any of them could get even Odom came back playing fired up. Glad they took getting called the "B-team" personal and now they proving they are not just back ups to our superstars.

Odom,Love,Rose,Westbrook,Iggy all of them just look better this year man.

SeoulBeatz
03-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Sixers fan expect too much out of him. He is a great player, just not a player whose going to carry the team.

It's really entirely the opposite.

Iggy expects too much out of himself. No Sixer fan think's he's capable of being a #1 option. Ask any sixer fan on this forum.

He just needs to know his role, and so far this season, he has.

He is shooting less, and playing extremely good D, while being one of the best passing non-PG in the NBA. He is statistically the most unselfish non-pg in the NBA as well because he passes 67% of the time he touches the ball (in contrast to Kobe who passes 28%, Paul Pierce 35%).

I really can't complain about the way he's playing this year at all

Hawkeye15
03-04-2011, 04:04 PM
07-08 was his best season. He avged 20-5-5 and shot better from the field, 3pt range, and FT line and we were winning at a pace similar to this years. And the turn around has more to do with Doug Collins being a great coach and putting the team in the best position to win coupled with Elton Brand rebounding from a horrible year, Jrue's development and our bench producing at the top of the league. Iggy is definitely a part of it with his defense and playmaking but those reasons I listed play a bigger part than Iggy's performance this season.

I totally agree, that his best INDIVIDUAL season was 07-08'. But look at his WS/48. They are identical as that year, and his assist rate is higher, rebound rate higher, turnover rate lower, and his defense stronger.

I think this is his best season, because he is finally been put in a role that defines his skillset.

superkegger
03-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Maybe he's finally realized what his game is, and he's not trying to be something he's not.

Cornbread12
03-04-2011, 04:22 PM
I totally agree, that his best INDIVIDUAL season was 07-08'. But look at his WS/48. They are identical as that year, and his assist rate is higher, rebound rate higher, turnover rate lower, and his defense stronger.

I think this is his best season, because he is finally been put in a role that defines his skillset.

I don't look at metric stats (or w/e they're called) but I see your point. Also though I see that as more a tribute to Coach Collins but I won't take too much away from Iggy. Not many players that are paid like him that are fresh off a gold medal summer would come back to a losing team and accept a lesser role for the benefit of the team so kudos to him as well.

Hawkeye15
03-04-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't look at metric stats (or w/e they're called) but I see your point. Also though I see that as more a tribute to Coach Collins but I won't take too much away from Iggy. Not many players that are paid like him that are fresh off a gold medal summer would come back to a losing team and accept a lesser role for the benefit of the team so kudos to him as well.

agree with everything here

Hustlenomics
03-04-2011, 04:34 PM
check his resume
http://www.depressedfan.com/img/Iguodala'sVictimList021911.gif

Swashcuff
03-04-2011, 04:41 PM

Is your second favourite team the 76ers because you are spot on on everything here. I couldn't have said it any better myself in all honesty.

Swashcuff
03-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Let's put this in perspective and compare him to all players 6'6 and above.

Magic is the only player in the history of the game who fits that requirement who has been done this before.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=78&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=ast_per_g&c3comp=gt&c3val=4&c4stat=g&c4comp=gt&c4val=40&c5stat=ast&c5comp=gt&c6mult=3.3&c6stat=tov&order_by=ast_per_g

Hawkeye15
03-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Is your second favourite team the 76ers because you are spot on on everything here. I couldn't have said it any better myself in all honesty.

haha, nah. I have watched them probably 12-13 times I would guess. I try to watch every team as much as possible (or as much as my girlfriend lets me), so I don't sound completely inept on the main boards.

Plus I have always like Iggy.

Swashcuff
03-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Dude's a good/great playmaker and an elite defender, but he's no Lebron; damn snobs don't appreciate him, get this guy on the Magic! :D

Iggy for Dwight str8 up. :D

sixer04fan
03-04-2011, 05:07 PM
As long as he doesn't shoot too much (he's a horrible, inconsistent shooter, and that will probably never change), he's definitely one of the more effective players in the game. Thanks for bringing up the passing efficiency to the masses.

As of last week at least, he was top 5 in the league in assist/turnover ratio, and the only non-pg in the top 20! He's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, if not the best. He's also one of the best transition players in the league. As long as he doesn't try to be a scorer in the half court game, he is great.

lakers4sho
03-04-2011, 05:55 PM
because he plays for the Sixers and no one cares about them [ at least right now ]...

SeoulBeatz
03-04-2011, 06:04 PM
because he plays for the Sixers and no one cares about them [ at least right now ]...

Sad but true.

But this is actually a fun team to watch (check the highlgiht :) ) and i think if we finish the season around the 45 win column, maybe we'll get more than 1 Nationally televised game this year. I think people will really appreciate our athleticism and how hard we play on defense.

that would be nice.

TrueFan420
03-04-2011, 06:49 PM
i think team usa helped him out alot

lakers4sho
03-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Sad but true.

But this is actually a fun team to watch (check the highlgiht :) ) and i think if we finish the season around the 45 win column, maybe we'll get more than 1 Nationally televised game this year. I think people will really appreciate our athleticism and how hard we play on defense.

that would be nice.

I think most of it is just due to lack of publicity. Like you said, they should get more exposure in the future if they keep the level of success they have, and maybe even surpassing it.

Bruno
03-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Iggy is one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA, and one of the best facilitators as well. If Iggy could just raise his TS% so that his scoring efficiency matched that of his defense and passing he'd be scary good, and possibly even top 10-15 in the NBA.

NYKalltheway
03-04-2011, 08:23 PM
I love the Iggy hype :)

Swashcuff
03-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Iggy is one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA, and one of the best facilitators as well. If Iggy could just raise his TS% so that his scoring efficiency matched that of his defense and passing he'd be scary good, and possibly even top 10-15 in the NBA.

Herb Magee is reportedly going to work with Evan Turner this off-season in an attempt to improve his range and efficiency on his jump shot. I for one am hoping that he also work's with Iggy as well. Maybe just maybe he could yield some positive results.

KingOf215
03-04-2011, 08:42 PM
saw an interview somewhere where collins said he told iggy to focus more on passing this year...

DaddyCool
03-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Basically, if Iggy could score, he'd be Lebron.

bholly
03-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Last time there was a pro-Iggy thread he went off for 16 assist and zero turnovers.

Tonight he's 11-8-8 halfway through the third. Keep the Iggy threads coming.

Swashcuff
03-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Last time there was a pro-Iggy thread he went off for 16 assist and zero turnovers.

Tonight he's 11-8-8 halfway through the third. Keep the Iggy threads coming.

Something no other none PG in the last 30 years in the NBA has done.

Hustlenomics
03-04-2011, 10:18 PM
21 pts, 10 rebs, 13 assists, and a block for iggy tonight

bholly
03-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Finished with 22pts-10reb-13ast on 13 shots with 2TOs. Seriously, one of these threads every game day, please.

Lim
03-05-2011, 03:45 AM
he must of read the thread lol

ClipperfanKevin
03-05-2011, 04:39 AM
Obviously he is playing better like every other young gun who won a medal this summer. That was the best experience any of them could get even Odom came back playing fired up. Glad they took getting called the "B-team" personal and now they proving they are not just back ups to our superstars.

Odom,Love,Rose,Westbrook,Iggy all of them just look better this year man.

No love for Gordon? He's scoring like 7-8 ppg higher from last season...

More-Than-Most
03-05-2011, 05:04 AM
Iggy is a great player when he sticks to what he is good at. Defense and driving the ball... He tried to be the big shot guy and shoot/shoot/shoot and that is why the sixers fans get annoyed with him and want him traded.

gilly
03-05-2011, 06:11 AM
I wish he had a jumpshot.

Seriously though, I was all for trading Iggy before the season started. Doug Collins has changed him though. How can you argue against a player who ha shut down some of the best wing players in the game, passes like a PG-lite and doesn't turn the ball over, and has solid stats across the board.

I just wish we had an elite scorer at the 2, we don't have a guy who can fill it up on a consistent basis.

JasonJohnHorn
03-05-2011, 07:49 AM
I love Iggy. I think NY should have been calling Philly before the trade deadline, rather than Denver... but hey, that's just me.

Tony_Starks
03-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Chronz you made me check in on that Philly game last night because I never watch those guys. I must begrudgingly say you are right though, Iggy is really doing his thing. Im shocked for one, I never really thought of him a passer.

Big Props to Doug Collins too though, he has actually done a heck of a job out there!

Sadds The Gr8
03-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Chronz you made me check in on that Philly game last night because I never watch those guys. I must begrudgingly say you are right though, Iggy is really doing his thing. Im shocked for one, I never really thought of him a passer.

Big Props to Doug Collins too though, he has actually done a heck of a job out there!

he was always the 'point forward' type.

magichatnumber9
03-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Iggy is a lot better then he used to be. Great season for him.

Sixerlover
03-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Sixers fans aren't down on Iguodala. Many wanted him traded earlier so the "rebuild" "youth" blah blah blah stuff, but I was never on that bandwagon this year.

He's having the best season of his career in terms of efficiency and has the best A / TO ratio in the HISTORY of the NBA for a forward. I'll take that over any crappy expiring contract and C level young player

Hustlenomics
03-06-2011, 09:53 PM
15 pts, 11 rebs, 10 asts for Iggy today

KnicksorBust
03-06-2011, 10:32 PM
6.1Assist with only 1.8 turnovers, if you take away his offensive fouls or ball handling turnovers his assist to badpass rate is ridiculous, he basically he commits 1 passing turnover for every 6 assists (this number hasnt been updated in months but still freakishly good). I always knew he was a good passer but I hadnt noticed its been a career year for him.

28.7 Assist Ratio
6.0 Pure Point Rating shatters the mark for any non-PG

Anyone care to comment on why hes been so successful passing the ball this year?

It's okay. You were bound to catch up to me and notice this eventually. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16652098&postcount=30

DenButsu
03-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Having him on my fantasy team this season has really zoomed me in on his strengths and weaknesses. Which could probably be summed up in short as he's an inefficient shooter, but he's so damn productive in nearly every other way that you just got to keep him on the court, even if he's shooting 33%.

If there were an award in the NBA for most productive bad shooting guy, he'd be a shoe in.

And that actually isn't even fair. Well, it is over the last few weeks (/months?). On the season, he looks better. But still, it's in non-scoring categories that he's most impressive.