PDA

View Full Version : If Rose wins MVP, why didn't TMac?

poleandreel
03-03-2011, 11:37 PM
TMAC:

2006-2007

25 PPG 6.5 APG 5.3 RPG 1.5 SPG 44% fg 3.0 turnovers

Rockets 55 Wins in the stacked west
Yao Ming missed 40 games
The starting line up for the rockets was:

alston (chucker)
mcgrady
battier (limited offensively)
juan howard (35+ years old)
mutumbo (40+ years old)

Rose

2010-2011

25 PPG 8.2 PPG 4.4 RPG 1.0 SPG 45% fg 3.6 turnovers

Bulls will probably be around 55 wins (3rd in weak east)
Noah missed 29 games. Boozer missed 18.
Neither of them had the same impact of yao ming. also neither were out for extended periods of time at the same time.

Bulls lineup:

Rose
Bogans/korver (Bum)
Deng (top 10 sf in nba)
Gibson or Boozer (boozer has been in for most of the year and is top 7 pf)
Noah or Thomas

Either way the bulls lineup was always better than the rockets. Rose and tmac had extremely similar stats and lost their side kick for extended period of time. however, yao>>>noah/boozer and the west is much harder thn the east. I do not think having an injured player and good stats should make you win MVP. Rose is not the most deserving. Dwight or Lebron deserve it more.

EDIT: Title is misleading. What I mean is "If TMac didn't win MVP, why should Rose. Mod please fix that

Swashcuff
03-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Because LeBron James, Steve Nash, Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki were all more deserving that why.

Meatmypet
03-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Cuz Dirk led the Mavs to a 67 game regular season win.

G GS MPG FGM 3PFGM FT% ORBD DRBD TOT APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
78 78 36.2 0.502 0.416 0.904 1.6 7.3 8.9 3.4 0.7 0.8 2.14 2.19 24.6

beardown78
03-03-2011, 11:47 PM
When will tha hating stop?

poleandreel
03-03-2011, 11:47 PM
I understand what you are all saying. I am not making a case for tmac. i am more so explaining the faultiness of the system. rose is not the most deserving this year

Swashcuff
03-03-2011, 11:48 PM
I understand what you are all saying. I am not making a case for tmac. i am more so explaining the faultiness of the system. rose is not the most deserving this year

So then who is and why?

DaBear
03-03-2011, 11:49 PM

Neither is Dwight or LeBron. That makes Rose the most deserving.

beardown78
03-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Give us A breakdown of Danny Manning and Benard King also while you're at it to strengthen you're case

poleandreel
03-03-2011, 11:50 PM
So then who is and why?

dwight howard. without him the magic are a lottery team. he is nearly averaging the same points as rose. 13.8 rebounds. 59 % fg. and is the only reason they have a defense. He is arguably the best defensive player in the league and that matters for an MVP.

Lebron. has way better stats and his team has more wins. he has also had team injuries and is a farrr better defensive player than rose.

Rose is not a good defensive player and does not have the best stats. he is also not on the best team.

DaBear
03-03-2011, 11:52 PM
dwight howard. without him the magic are a lottery team. he is nearly averaging the same points as rose. 13.8 rebounds. 59 % fg. and is the only reason they have a defense. He is arguably the best defensive player in the league and that matters for an MVP.

Lebron. has way better stats and his team has more wins. he has also had team injuries.

Rose is not a good defensive player and does not have the best stats. he is also not on the best team.

Rose's defense improved, but I wouldn't expect you to know that. Rose not being on the best team and leading the Bulls to where they are with an injured team for most of the year already makes him more deserving than the other two. Dwight has had essentially the same team who went to the Finals and ECF back to back years, and yet their record is worse than it was in the last two years. LeBron has Wade and Bosh...nuff said.

DaBear
03-03-2011, 11:53 PM
And LeBron just missed a game tieing three yet again to lose the game.

Swashcuff
03-03-2011, 11:53 PM

Lebron. has way better stats and his team has more wins. he has also had team injuries.

I fully agree with Dwight

LeBron the first part is right but Rose has had much more injuries to deal with.

And the comment on rose not being a good defensive player nor the best on his team. T-Mac wasn't known for his D nor was Dirk or Steve Nash. Rose this season is better than all of them.

As far as the last sentence of that post goes I can't read it because my mind is programmed to ignore utter rubbish and total nonsense. Make some sense and maybe I will be able to respond appropriately.

More-Than-Most
03-03-2011, 11:54 PM
There were just way to many guys performing just as good or better... Also note... T-Mac was so good Lol. Damn I miss watching him throw down.

DaBear
03-03-2011, 11:54 PM
And Dwight's team would still make the playoffs in the East without him. They are still better than Indiana.

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:01 AM
I fully agree with Dwight

LeBron the first part is right but Rose has had much more injuries to deal with.

And the comment on rose not being a good defensive player nor the best on his team. T-Mac wasn't known for his D nor was Dirk or Steve Nash. Rose this season is better than all of them.

As far as the last sentence of that post goes I can't read it because my mind is programmed to ignore utter rubbish and total nonsense. Make some sense and maybe I will be able to respond appropriately.

what are you talking about? The last sentence clearly says that rose is not on the best team. which is 100% factual. boston/miami/la/dallas/spurs are all better. why is that so hard to understand?

cubs0707
03-04-2011, 12:02 AM
wow i guess you know your great when alot of people make threads saying your not

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:03 AM
And Dwight's team would still make the playoffs in the East without him. They are still better than Indiana.

nelson
redick
turkgolu
anderson
bass

would not make the playoffs. i can assure you

DaBear
03-04-2011, 12:03 AM
nelson
redick
turkgolu
anderson
bass

Yes, they would. In the East, that is.

bal_ravens
03-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Didn't Mutumbo go nuts and average like...11 rebounds and 3 blocked shots over that period?

Supreme LA
03-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Rose is without question the leader of that Bulls team and he pretty much directs everything offensively for them. The kid flat-out carries them in all crucial moments of the game with his passing and scoring.

Rose, in my opinion is definitely deserving of the MVP.

Raph12
03-04-2011, 12:10 AM
The award system is a joke, I think we can all agree Nash wasn't deserving of his b2b MVPs...

Swashcuff
03-04-2011, 12:11 AM
what are you talking about? The last sentence clearly says that rose is not on the best team. which is 100% factual. boston/miami/la/dallas/spurs are all better. why is that so hard to understand?

So you meant to tell me in every season in the history of the NBA the league MVP has gone to a player on the best team in the league?

You do know that the MVP has gone to the best player on the best team less times than other teams right?

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:15 AM

All of the teams that you named got killed by Derrick Rose buddy. If you want to bring up Roses flaws and not bring up Lebron's & Dwight's, I will, Lebron James is an overrated defender and is terrible in the clutch, Dwight Howard is limited offensively, most of his attempts are dunks, not to say that they aren't dominant players, the Heat without James still we be a good team. You can make the same case for Dwyane Wade for MVP as you can for Lebron, The Magic have not had injury concerns and would still make the playoffs without Howard. The Bulls without Rose would lucky to win 20 games, Your argument dosen't make any sense.

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:17 AM
The award system is a joke, I think we can all agree Nash wasn't deserving of his b2b MVPs...

I agree :clap:

ManRam
03-04-2011, 12:19 AM
MVP has become a team award. Rose's team has improved from last year (defensively mainly)...so voters are cognizant of that. They've made the biggest improvement, and that's all a lot of voters care about.

Everyone really wants some new blood now that everyone is in Miami. They're eager to give it to the young guy...even if he isn't performing like a top 5 player in the league.

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:20 AM
All of the teams that you named got killed by Derrick Rose buddy. If you want to bring up Roses flaws and not bring up Lebron's & Dwight's, I will, Lebron James is an overrated defender and is terrible in the clutch, Dwight Howard is limited offensively, most of his attempts are dunks, not to say that they aren't dominant players, the Heat without James still we be a good team. You can make the same case for Dwyane Wade for MVP as you can for Lebron, The Magic have not had injury concerns and would still make the playoffs without Howard. The Bulls without Rose would lucky to win 20 games, Your argument dosen't make any sense.

noah and boozer were not out at the same time. the bulls before rose were a playoff team with hinirch starting. he inherited a good team and they added boozer and noah progressed as a player. yes he is a good player but he no where near the mvp. dirk is more deserving than him. out of all the mvp candidates this year, rose's team has the best plus/minus with him on the bench.

also, tom tibs is the reason they are much better this year. look at the offensive improvement of the bulls--none. their defense is not one of the best. hence, a better record.

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:20 AM
As for as it goes to the best player on the best team crap, Tim Duncan in 02-03 was the last one to win MVP and win the NBA Finals in the same year so do the the math.

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:23 AM
So you meant to tell me in every season in the history of the NBA the league MVP has gone to a player on the best team in the league?

You do know that the MVP has gone to the best player on the best team less times than other teams right?

obviously. however, the mvp has gone to a team that is top 3-4.

lebron
lebron
kobe
nash
dirk
nash
duncan
shaq
kg

were all top 3-4 teams. the bulls are not better than the heat, celtics, spurs, mavs, or lakers.

idc if they beat the heat. the cavs beat the lakers and celtics so does that make them a good team? no

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:24 AM
As for as it goes to the best player on the best team crap, Tim Duncan in 02-03 was the last one to win MVP and win the NBA Finals in the same year so do the the math.

great argument. playoffs have no bearing on the mvp so therefore it doesnt matter if the mvp's team did not win the finals. im talking about the best team in the regular season.

also, why do you and almost everyone make it seem like the best team always wins the finals. that is definitely not true. its about match-ups.

cubswin25
03-04-2011, 12:28 AM
TMAC:

2006-2007

Yao Ming missed 40 games

alston (chucker)
mcgrady
mutumbo (40+ years old)

Rose

2010-2011

Neither of them had the same impact of yao ming. also neither were out for extended periods of time at the same time.

Bulls lineup:

Rose
Bogans/korver (Bum)
Deng (top 10 sf in nba)
Noah or Thomas

Either way the bulls lineup was always better than the rockets. Rose and tmac had extremely similar stats and lost their side kick for extended period of time. however, yao>>>noah/boozer and the west is much harder thn the east. I do not think having an injured player and good stats should make you win MVP. Rose is not the most deserving. Dwight or Lebron deserve it more.

EDIT: Title is misleading. What I mean is "If TMac didn't win MVP, why should Rose. Mod please fix that

First of all with the Bulls schedule they should win a lot closer to 57 plus games. Since they only have to go 16-7 the rest of the season to do that and only have 8 remaining games against teams above 500(also have a good shot at the number 2 seed). The overall numbers might be close, but that Rockets team was never seen as a elite team either. They were seen as a good team that got 55 wins in the West. While the Bulls are seen as a team that can go to the finals. So Rose putting up those numbers and keeping the Bulls were they are in the standings with all the injuries is why he's the favorite for the award. Like it or not but the type of team you play on and how good they are is gonna be a big factor.

bklynny67
03-04-2011, 12:28 AM

Lebron. has way better stats and his team has more wins. he has also had team injuries and is a farrr better defensive player than rose.

dude... the MVP doesn't have to come from someone on the best team. do u know anything? based on your reasoning, i'll guess not.

bklynny67
03-04-2011, 12:30 AM
nelson
redick
turkgolu
anderson
bass

what about Richardson and Arenas? anyways, ORL would make the playoffs in the East without D12.

Rose is the current MVP.

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:31 AM
noah and boozer were not out at the same time. the bulls before rose were a playoff team with hinirch starting. he inherited a good team and they added boozer and noah progressed as a player. yes he is a good player but he no where near the mvp. dirk is more deserving than him. out of all the mvp candidates this year, rose's team has the best plus/minus with him on the bench.

also, tom tibs is the reason they are much better this year. look at the offensive improvement of the bulls--none. their defense is not one of the best. hence, a better record.

We made the playoffs because of Derrick Rose, If you didn't notice we were a terrible lottery,I mean we did get the number one pick :facepalm:. When we got to the playoffs his first game he did tie the record set by only the great Lew Alcindor, you may know him as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for the most points in their first playoff game. He led us against Boston and helped us take the defending champs to 7 games. Enough about two years ago. Last year when he got hurt we lost 10 straight games, and he still got us to the playoffs, with a team that was full of bums with expiring contracts to clear up cap space to make us better this year. As far as plus and minus thats a bunch of bull**** because of the different rotations, its not like he's on the bench long anyway, he plays about 90-95% of the game. Why hate you still haven't made any good points as to why he shouldn't win the award. Another facepalm for you :facepalm:

carlosBoozilla!
03-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Because LeBron James, Steve Nash, Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki were all more deserving that why.

agreed

cubswin25
03-04-2011, 12:32 AM
obviously. however, the mvp has gone to a team that is top 3-4.

lebron
lebron
kobe
nash
dirk
nash
duncan
shaq
kg

were all top 3-4 teams. the bulls are not better than the heat, celtics, spurs, mavs, or lakers.

idc if they beat the heat. the cavs beat the lakers and celtics so does that make them a good team? no

In your opinion they might not be, but ALOT of people believe they are just as good as those teams or better. Record wise they are right there with them and so is W/L record against those teams as well. Put it this way if people didn't believe the Bulls were a elite team then Rose wouldn't be the favorite for the award right now. So maybe it's time for you to realize how good they are?

bholly
03-04-2011, 12:33 AM

Actually, by the logic of your OP, you're arguing that Rose wouldn't have the most deserving if he put up this season's numbers in 2006-07.

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:34 AM
what about Richardson and Arenas? anyways, ORL would make the playoffs in the East without D12.

Rose is the current MVP.

totally forgot about them two. Also, i can remember TONS of people saying the cavs would make the playoffs in the east without lebron which was obviously not true. The east just got much stronger too.

miami
boston
new york
philly
chicago
nets with dwill for a whole year
atlanta
indiana

are all better teams in the east than the magic without howard

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:34 AM
great argument. playoffs have no bearing on the mvp so therefore it doesnt matter if the mvp's team did not win the finals. im talking about the best team in the regular season.

also, why do you and almost everyone make it seem like the best team always wins the finals. that is definitely not true. its about match-ups.

The best team does always win the Finals, if you go all of the way and your the last one standing you are the best team!!!!! How can you argue that. If you are the best team you have to prove it in the playoffs

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:36 AM
totally forgot about them two. Also, i can remember TONS of people saying the cavs would make the playoffs in the east without lebron which was obviously not true. The east just got much stronger too.

miami
boston
new york
philly
chicago
atlanta
indiana

Every team you named and everu other team in the league (including Cleveland) is better than the Bulls without Rose.

DaBear
03-04-2011, 12:36 AM

miami
boston
new york
philly
chicago
atlanta
indiana

Those are debatable, and Indiana is still not better.

It's funny how the Magic are considered a great team with Dwight and a lot of solid players, but when we're talking Dwight as MVP, all the sudden they are bad players.

:facepalm:

abe_froman
03-04-2011, 12:38 AM
the magic nor rockets were higher seedings(something that carries alot of weight in mvp voting) and the mvp competition was stronger

moral-as much as many modern fans hate it,winning matters

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:39 AM
We made the playoffs because of Derrick Rose, If you didn't notice we were a terrible lottery,I mean we did get the number one pick :facepalm:. When we got to the playoffs his first game he did tie the record set by only the great Lew Alcindor, you may know him as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for the most points in their first playoff game. He led us against Boston and helped us take the defending champs to 7 games. Enough about two years ago. Last year when he got hurt we lost 10 straight games, and he still got us to the playoffs, with a team that was full of bums with expiring contracts to clear up cap space to make us better this year. As far as plus and minus thats a bunch of bull**** because of the different rotations, its not like he's on the bench long anyway, he plays about 90-95% of the game. Why hate you still haven't made any good points as to why he shouldn't win the award. Another facepalm for you :facepalm:

yea your right, i totally forgot the bulls were the worst team in the league that year and deserved the number one pick. or did chicago have 33 wins with hinrich and deng injured? yea, learn the history of your own team before you spew garbage. there were 8 teams with worse records that year.

cubswin25
03-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Like it or not but the Magic haven't had a strong season and some of the luster is off that team. Because they haven't done anything in the playoffs the last two years. While the Bulls have had a better season with a ton of injuries, and are a fresh new team that a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon. When you consider they have a big 4 and play really good defense. Which also increases Rose case, along with him carrying a team that most in the media see as elite. Realisticly only team the MVP is gonna be on this year is Bulls, Heat, Celtics, Lakers, Mavs and Spurs. So people think Rose is more important to his team then the players on those teams or over came more. Not to mention some of those players have already won it so it's time for some fresh blood.

stlbest5in2013
03-04-2011, 12:42 AM

why do you enjoy the **** and like to troll?

stlbest5in2013
03-04-2011, 12:42 AM
if this guy is not a baiter, i mean the handle "poleandreel" then i do not know what one is.

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:43 AM
The best team does always win the Finals, if you go all of the way and your the last one standing you are the best team!!!!! How can you argue that. If you are the best team you have to prove it in the playoffs

your definitely 12 years old if you believe that. so the warriors were better than the 67 win mavericks when they beat them in the playoffs? NO

stfu and get an actual argument. just beacuse you win a championship in sports does not mean you are the best team.

giants beat the patriots but were clearly not the best
giants won the world series this year but were clearly not the best team
miami in 06 was not the best team

i can go on and on

stlbest5in2013
03-04-2011, 12:44 AM
yea your right, i totally forgot the bulls were the worst team in the league that year and deserved the number one pick. or did chicago have 33 wins with hinrich and deng injured? yea, learn the history of your own team before you spew garbage. there were 8 teams with worse records that year.

yeah and if you knew that it is a draft lttery, then you would know that chicago winning it, was not the first time a team that was not the worst team, won the lottery.

if your really such a *** bag, and **** sucker follow the wnba

dabulls22
03-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Derrick rose is not top 3 in points, assist, rebounding, steals or a combination of those numbers. Has there ever been a player who recieved an mvp that has not been at the top of a major stat? I am not saying that rose does not deserve to be mentioned in the mvp discussion, but i dont think he is even top 5 in any of those categories, which doesnt make the strongest case for most valuble player.

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:45 AM

I never said that we had the number one pick smart guy, read the post, We were a lottery team. You are sating garbage, you are just a Derrick Rose hater clearly. I mean you bring up T-Mac 2006-2007? How come Chris Paul didn't win it 07-08, what about Kobe in 05-06 he averaged 35 points!!! lol. You don't make any sense bud. :facepalm:

DaBear
Derrick rose is not top 3 in points, assist, rebounding, steals or a combination of those numbers. Has there ever been a player who recieved an mvp that has not been at the top of a major stat? I am not saying that rose does not deserve to be mentioned in the mvp discussion, but i dont think he is even top 5 in any of those categories, which doesnt make the strongest case for most valuble player.

He is the only player in the NBA who is top 10 in points and assists. That is great considering CP3 and D-Will can't even match that.

stlbest5in2013
your definitely 12 years old if you believe that. so the warriors were better than the 67 win mavericks when they beat them in the playoffs? NO

stfu and get an actual argument. just beacuse you win a championship in sports does not mean you are the best team.

i can go on and on

no your ********, and every time you spew garbage it only confirms this.

the team that wins it all, and is the champion is not the best team?

and taking dick up your *** does not mean you are gay?

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:47 AM
I never said that we had the number one pick smart guy, read the post, We were a lottery team. You are sating garbage, you are just a Derrick Rose hater clearly. I mean you bring up T-Mac 2006-2007? How come Chris Paul didn't win it 07-08, what about Kobe in 05-06 he averaged 35 points!!! lol. You don't make any sense bud. :facepalm:

lol you dont even read your own posts.

"We made the playoffs because of Derrick Rose, If you didn't notice we were a terrible lottery,I mean we did get the number one pick"

LOL:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepa lm:

way to make yourself look like an *******.

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:48 AM

i can go on and on

They were the best team they won it,so that makes them the best, maybe not as talented but those teams took care of business when it matter most in the Playoffs, unlike Lebron James who chokes every year. Your telling me I don't have an argument,but your arguing that D.Rose is not the MVP. :laugh:

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:49 AM
no your ********, and every time you spew garbage it only confirms this.

the team that wins it all, and is the champion is not the best team?

and taking dick up your *** does not mean you are gay?

go watch espn and get all of your facts from there. the best team does not always win the championship. if you cannot understand that then i would imagine you are ********.

did you go to a community college?

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:49 AM
lol you dont even read your own posts.

"We made the playoffs because of Derrick Rose, If you didn't notice we were a terrible lottery,I mean we did get the number one pick"

LOL:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepa lm:

way to make yourself look like an *******.

Lol I meant to say that I never said that we had the worst record :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:50 AM
They were the best team they won it,so that makes them the best, maybe not as talented but those teams took care of business when it matter most in the Playoffs, unlike Lebron James who chokes every year. Your telling me I don't have an argument,but your arguing that D.Rose is not the MVP. :laugh:

i can tell your 12 years old now. bringing up lebron for no reason just to hate.

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:50 AM
go watch espn and get all of your facts from there. the best team does not always win the championship. if you cannot understand that then i would imagine you are ********.

did you go to a community college?

The most talented team dosen't always win the championship, but the best team does. :clap:

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:51 AM
i can tell your 12 years old now. bringing up lebron for no reason just to hate.

Your whole point of this thread was to hate on Derrick Rose :facepalm:

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Lol I meant to say that I never said that we had the worst record :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

yup keep changing your argument. you have no idea what you are talking about. if you know anything about the english language you would know that phrasing a sentence like that is clearly implying that the bulls were the worst team and deserved the #1 pick

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Your whole point of this thread was to hate on Derrick Rose :facepalm:

no. it was to show that other players have done exactly what he has done and not won MVP. therefore, history shows that he does not deserve it

Bookey
03-04-2011, 12:55 AM
I said that we were a terrible lottery team that got the number one pick,what part of that don't you get. The point is D.Rose is the reason why we made the playoffs those years and is the reason why we are successful this season, and is the MVP period. Even Lebron's teammates are saying that D.Rose deserves it over Lebron, his own teammates!!!

stlbest5in2013
03-04-2011, 12:57 AM
no. it was to show that other players have done exactly what he has done and not won MVP. therefore, history shows that he does not deserve it

what does history have to do with this year? history, means exactly that, history. not present, not future, but history.

the teams with the best regular season record, have not won championships, so that means san antonio is ****ed?

you have no valid, case, point or ****ing argument, shut up, go back to your basement, play with your pecker and grow up, you dwarf sized *** bag.

Bookey
03-04-2011, 01:00 AM
what does history have to do with this year? history, means exactly that, history. not present, not future, but history.

the teams with the best regular season record, have not won championships, so that means san antonio is ****ed?

you have no valid, case, point or ****ing argument, shut up, go back to your basement, play with your pecker and grow up, you dwarf sized *** bag.

:laugh: Its a shame that he dosen't even know how ridiculous he sounds, but he claims that we are the retards.

beardown78
03-04-2011, 01:00 AM
The OP is cleary a Rose hater using flawed kindergarten logic to argue his baseless points. Nice try

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 01:01 AM

from looking at all of your previous threads, i can see that you are an incredible bulls homer. if you can't see my argument then you have no intelligence. you probably go to a community college while I go to an ivy league school. and yes, i will act like an elitist ******* to you because you are clearly trying to prove you are smarter than me. valiant effort but alas, you fail

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 01:03 AM

your right, history has no precedent on the present or on the future. if you believe that then you need to learn about both life and the world. everything is based on precedence. google that word because im sure you have no idea what that means

RZZZA
03-04-2011, 01:04 AM
things change, like that rigged dunk contest. Precedence shows that shouldn't have happened, but it did.

Bookey
03-04-2011, 01:04 AM
from looking at all of your previous threads, i can see that you are an incredible bulls homer. if you can't see my argument then you have no intelligence. you probably go to a community college while I go to an ivy league school. and yes, i will act like an elitist ******* to you because you are clearly trying to prove you are smarter than me. valiant effort but alas, you fail

By looking at this thread I can see that you are a Derrick Rose hater, so what you go to an Ivy League School congratulations samrt ***, just because yo go to an "Ivy League School" doesn't mean you know **** about sports.

DubbyDubbs
03-04-2011, 01:05 AM
this thread is ridiculous... claiming that a player with similar stats in the past did not win so neither should rose this year.... 1)stats do not tell the whole story... 2) perhaps there were other players who stood out more that year whereas this year there are not.... just overall a stupid argument and obviously just a rose hater..

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 01:07 AM
By looking at this thread I can see that you are a Derrick Rose hater, so what you go to an Ivy League School congratulations samrt ***, just because yo go to an "Ivy League School" doesn't mean you know **** about sports.

no but i can make a valid argument, which i have. it also shows that i can prove my argument and use facts to back it up. you have used none.

dwight is the only nba player in the top 10 in rebounds/points/fg%. has had to deal with a major trade mid season while also improving his game

lebron is the only nba player averaging 25+ 7+ 7+. and has a better record than the bulls

but of course this is conveniently disregarded by bulls fans.

DaBear
03-04-2011, 01:12 AM

From looking at your grammar, I highly doubt you got into an Ivy league school.

DubbyDubbs
03-04-2011, 01:13 AM
no but i can make a valid argument, which i have. it also shows that i can prove my argument and use facts to back it up. you have used none.

dwight is the only nba player in the top 10 in rebounds/points/fg%. has had to deal with a major trade mid season while also improving his game

lebron is the only nba player averaging 25+ 7+ 7+. and has a better record than the bulls

first off your agrgument is not valid nor are you proving it well. Your main argument is that one player in the past didnt win then neither should this one..

More so you are lobbying for other players rather than making a case as to why D Rose shouldnt win it

As for improving and stats.... D Rose is the only player who is top 10 in points and assists and has improved his 3pt shooting drasitcally from the past year... .not to mention has beat the elite teams.... while arguably playing with a worse surrounding cast (Heat have Lebron Wade and bosh and Magic have Dwight, JRich, Gilbert, Hedo, etccc... where as the bulls have Rose, Boozer, Noah)

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 01:13 AM
From looking at your grammar, I highly doubt you got into an Ivy league school.

your right, i should use proper grammar while typing on my phone on an internet fan board. :facepalm:

DaBear
03-04-2011, 01:14 AM
your right, history has no precedent on the present or on the future. if you believe that then you need to learn about both life and the world. everything is based on precedence. google that word because im sure you have no idea what that means

FYI, it's "you're." I thought an Ivy league student would know that.

RZZZA
03-04-2011, 01:14 AM
you're just like chronz, stats = everything to you

DaBear
03-04-2011, 01:16 AM
your right, i should use proper grammar while typing on my phone on an internet fan board. :facepalm:

Funny how a supposed Ivy league student is up this late at night using his phone to post on a message board. I didn't know kids at Harvard like to troll this late on a Thursday night. I thought they would have better things to do.

Bookey
03-04-2011, 01:19 AM

Yeah your right the Heat's record is so much better than ours,what is it a whole game and a half because they played more games, oh no I didn't look at that. Why are you disregarding the fact that Rose is the only player in the League in the top 10 in scoring in assists (as stated earlier). Your a big joke

Bookey
03-04-2011, 01:21 AM

D.Wade has similar stats why not argue him too then?

allSUAVE
03-04-2011, 01:21 AM
D Rose diserve it? Idk if he do .but I have a feeling he's going to get it.

DaBear
03-04-2011, 01:23 AM

Your argument is so flawed that I don't know where to start.

You say LeBron has a better record than Rose, but you don't mention Rose has a better record than Dwight?

You say Dwight dealt with a major mid season, but don't mention Rose has played without Boozer/Noah for a majority of the year?

You say LeBron is the only player averaging 25/7/7 in the NBA, but don't mention Rose is the only player in the NBA who is top 10 in scoring and assists?

You said earlier Dwight doesn't have a good supporting cast compared to Rose, but don't mention LeBron having Wade and Bosh?

You couldn't be any more of a hater than you already are.

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 01:26 AM
FYI, it's "you're." I thought an Ivy league student would know that.

IM ON MY CELL PHONE. holy ****. i am not going to go through the trouble of inserting an apostrophe when typing on a fan board using my cell phone

DaBear
03-04-2011, 01:27 AM
IM ON MY CELL PHONE. holy ****. i am not going to go through the trouble of inserting an apostrophe when typing on a fan board using my cell phone

Post#76

OaklandsFinest
03-04-2011, 01:28 AM
Let me preface this by saying I am a big Lebron fan, didn't have one problem with the "decision" and I think he is by far the best all around player in the NBA.... That being said, Derrick Rose is by far the MVP of this season... He has completely elevated the play of the Bulls since he came into the league but this year he is a killer! He's pretty much unstopaBULL and has rejuvenated Chicago basketball. When I see what he represents to that city and to that team, he is the reason they are one of the upper echelon teams in the East and if you take him off that team they are a lottery team. I think Orlando in their current state would be a playoff team a la the Knicks by running and scoring. The Bulls would be a good defensive team without Rose but that offense would be stagnant and they would lose to the Charlotte's and the Memphis' of the world.

Geargo Wallace
03-04-2011, 01:30 AM
TMAC:

2006-2007

Yao Ming missed 40 games

alston (chucker)
mcgrady
mutumbo (40+ years old)

Rose

2010-2011

Bulls lineup:

Rose
Bogans/korver (Bum)
Deng (top 10 sf in nba)
Noah or Thomas

Is this JB's alternate account?

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Your argument is so flawed that I don't know where to start.

You say LeBron has a better record than Rose, but you don't mention Rose has a better record than Dwight?

You say Dwight dealt with a major mid season, but don't mention Rose has played without Boozer/Noah for a majority of the year?

You say LeBron is the only player averaging 25/7/7 in the NBA, but don't mention Rose is the only player in the NBA who is top 10 in scoring and assists?

You said earlier Dwight doesn't have a good supporting cast compared to Rose, but don't mention LeBron having Wade and Bosh?

You couldn't be any more of a hater than you already are.

i have clearly mentioned in the original post that rose has dealt with injuries but you are probably illiterate.

Someone mentioned rose is the only one in the top 10 in points and assists so i countered with the dwight and lebron arguments so there is no need to mention the rose argument since it already was.

lebron has put up the same stats since he was in the league so his new teammates have no bearing. in fact, his team record was better last year with worse players. so the better teammate argument is stupid.

PrestigeWldWde
03-04-2011, 01:37 AM

You're an idiot.
You can't simply say any 1 team is better than the Bulls. Especially considering the injuries they have had to deal with.

Boston- Very good team, but made a trade at the deadline that pissed the whole team off. That can't be a positive.

Miami- The Bulls have beat them both times they have played eachother.

Los Angeles- They are horrible against teams over .500.

Dallas- Good team, but I definitely don't think they are better than the Bulls.

Spurs- They have been coming back to earth recently...and the Bulls beat them by 10 the last game before the all-star break.

Care to make another idiotic statement???
All you do is give opinions without backing anything up. Say something logical, please.

PrestigeWldWde
03-04-2011, 01:40 AM
i have clearly mentioned in the original post that rose has dealt with injuries but you are probably illiterate.

Someone mentioned rose is the only one in the top 10 in points and assists so i countered with the dwight and lebron arguments so there is no need to mention the rose argument since it already was.

lebron has put up the same stats since he was in the league so his new teammates have no bearing. in fact, his team record was better last year with worse players. so the better teammate argument is stupid.

Here's where you make another idiotic statement.
You say the Cavs had a better record last year with KING James than the Heat do this year and the Cavs had a horrible team besides James. If KING James is sooooooo great, then why isn't the almighty Heat's record miles and miles above the Cavs record last year??? Go ahead, i'll wait.

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 01:42 AM
You're an idiot.
You can't simply say any 1 team is better than the Bulls. Especially considering the injuries they have had to deal with.

Boston- Very good team, but made a trade at the deadline that pissed the whole team off. That can't be a positive.

Miami- The Bulls have beat them both times they have played eachother.

Los Angeles- They are horrible against teams over .500.

Dallas- Good team, but I definitely don't think they are better than the Bulls.

Spurs- They have been coming back to earth recently...and the Bulls beat them by 10 the last game before the all-star break.

Care to make another idiotic statement???
All you do is give opinions without backing anything up. Say something logical, please.

your whole post is a joke. i dont even feel like arguing with someone so blatantly biased. the celtics were without perkins the whole year and were still the best in the east. so yea great argument.

also the knicks beat the bulls twice without melo so obviously they are better right?

Iggz53
03-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Oh, I thought you were talking about 02-03 T-Mac. I thought and still think he should have been MVP that year. 06-07 is a different story.

DaBear
03-04-2011, 01:43 AM

I'm not illiterate. I am just pointing out the major flaws and bias in your argument, which you are failing to comprehend.

Fair enough. I thought it was wise to remind you about it with your neglectful view of Rose's positive attributes.

The East was also weaker compared to this year, and to say it's stupid to bring up the better teammate argument is a bunch of crap. How does having a top 5 player and a top 5 PF not help him in this case? In that case, you can make a case for Wade being the MVP. Oh wait, you can't have it go both ways.

LOOTERX9
03-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Meh, Rose is just a poor man's Allen Iverson with leaping ability. He is a more of a shooting Guard than PG. Not to mention he can't even dominate scoring like Iverson did. I did not like iversons game that much but atleast he was a dominant scorer, Rose only has like 1, 40 point game in his career. Players like Rose and A.I will never win a title being a score 1st PG. It has not happened in the NBA SINCE REALLY THE 80'S.

flclfanman
03-04-2011, 01:46 AM
The East is week this year?

We'd could see 3 team crack 60+ wins and 5/6 hit 50

You call that weak?

Rose has a few bad games and threads like this pop up :facepalm:

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 01:46 AM
I'm not illiterate. I am just pointing out the major flaws and bias in your argument, which you are failing to comprehend.

Fair enough. I thought it was wise to remind you about it with your neglectful view of Rose's positive attributes.

The East was also weaker compared to this year, and to say it's stupid to bring up the better teammate argument is a bunch of crap. How does having a top 5 player and a top 5 PF not help him in this case? In that case, you can make a case for Wade being the MVP. Oh wait, you can't have it go both ways.

now bosh is a top 5 pf. im sure you wouldnt say that when comparing the heat and bulls. but its convenient now right?

also, no where am i saying rose is not an mvp candidate. he def is. but he is not THE mvp.

M.Bibby2.0
03-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Meh, Rose is just a poor man's Allen Iverson with leaping ability. He is a more of a shooting Guard than PG. Not to mention he can't even dominate scoring like Iverson did. I did not like iversons game that much but atleast he was a dominant scorer, Rose only has like 1, 40 point game in his career. Players like Rose and A.I will never win a title being a score 1st PG. It has not happened in the NBA SINCE REALLY THE 80'S.

Tony Parker ring a bell? Finals MVP?

PrestigeWldWde
03-04-2011, 01:48 AM
your whole post is a joke. i dont even feel like arguing with someone so blatantly biased. the celtics were without perkins the whole year and were still the best in the east. so yea great argument.

also the knicks beat the bulls twice without melo so obviously they are better right?

You're whole EVERYTHING is a joke. Just read your posts. I clearly made points to back up my opinions, while you just type out nonsense. I said something about the Celtics that was reported and commented on by some of the players. Do you think chemistry has anything to do with a team??? I sure as **** do. Yeah, the Knicks beat the Bulls twice, any team can show up and lose as evidenced by the Knicks losing to the Cavs after the trade for Anthony. The Bulls have won HUGE games against the so called best teams in the league. I never said the Bulls were an 80 win team, but they sure as **** have won games against teams that you THINK are better than them. The proof is in the pudding. Open your eyes.

bovice163
03-04-2011, 01:49 AM
Penis whistle.

Iggz53

He averages 8 assists a game, just because he also happens to have a very good scoring ability doesn't make him a score-first PG. If it does, then I guess you can mark Deron and CP3 as score-1st PG's. And not many teams have won a title since the 80's. It doesn't have to do with PG's who can score well, it has to do with the makeup of championship teams. By the way, Tony Parker won a few.

DaBear

now bosh is a top 5 pf. im sure you wouldnt say that when comparing the heat and bulls. but its convenient now right?

also, no where am i saying rose is not an mvp candidate. he def is. but he is not THE mvp.

So the only way you can counter an argument is by putting words in other peoples mouths? Yes, I would say that when comparing the Heat and Bulls because I'm not a delusional hater like you.

That's fine if you don't think Rose is MVP, but your reasoning has much more to do with bias than analysis. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

stlbest5in2013
03-04-2011, 01:50 AM

no not at all, i can read yor posts and tell that you are a ******. even if,and its a huge if you are at an ivy league school, you sure as **** didnt get a scholarship. you probably have been spoon fed by your two gay fathers all your life, and your mission is to over popluate the world with ******** queers

PrestigeWldWde
03-04-2011, 01:51 AM

You are hilarioius. How can you say Rose is more of a shooting guard than a point guard when shooting guards are more prone to put up 40+ point games? Yeah he has one 40+ point game so far, but he's averaging 8.5 assists per game. Does that sound like a shooting guard to you? Didn't think so.

DaBear
03-04-2011, 01:52 AM

Yeah because Rose didn't have a career high against the NBA's best team, right?

Isiah Thomas and Tony Parker say hello.

PrestigeWldWde
no not at all, i can read yor posts and tell that you are a ******. even if,and its a huge if you are at an ivy league school, you sure as **** didnt get a scholarship. you probably have been spoon fed by your two gay fathers all your life, and your mission is to over popluate the world with ******** queers

See, I knew I wasn't the only one lol.

stlbest5in2013

rose is more of a pg then a sg, only rose haters say he is a sg.

top 10 in scoring and assists, if he was top 5 in scoring, and top 20 in assists, then you have a point. but that is not the case, so you dont!

DaBear
03-04-2011, 01:53 AM
These Rose haters are complete retards. I'm done for now. Good night.

M.Bibby2.0
03-04-2011, 01:54 AM
IMO Dwight Howard is most deserving of MVP, I think he would make any lottery team a playoff team. He's also hands down the best at his position, and superb defender. With a better supporting cast i think he would lead the team to a championship. I'm not hating on rose i just don't think he's MVP, yet anyways...

PrestigeWldWde
03-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Yeah because Rose didn't have a career high against the NBA's best team, right?

Isiah Thomas and Tony Parker say hello.

I think I just heard LOOTERX9 say, "Who the **** are those guys?".:)

stlbest5in2013
03-04-2011, 01:56 AM
we need to end this thread, i mean poleandreel?????????? come on

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 01:59 AM

LOL you couldnt be more wrong. here ya go buddy

http://i55.tinypic.com/k4fmz4.png

LOOTERX9
03-04-2011, 02:02 AM

Tony Parker ring a bell? Finals MVP?

Ha ha! Tim Duncan ring a bell. Players like rose won't win title being main player like rose is. Parker was not the lead guy. Duncan was

stlbest5in2013
03-04-2011, 02:06 AM

see you have AIDS

stlbest5in2013
03-04-2011, 02:07 AM

actuallyyou image does not prove ****, being it cost 40 grand to go to le cordon bleu in SF for almost 2 years.

fail

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 02:08 AM
see you have AIDS

well clearly if i was spoon fed my whole life then i wouldnt get aid. also, i see scholarships on there. so your whole post was wrong. i pay -200 to go to an ivy league school. what do you pay to go to community college?

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 02:10 AM
actuallyyou image does not prove ****, being it cost 40 grand to go to le cordon bleu in SF for almost 2 years.

fail

it says aid YEAR. which implies 1 year. so your wrong again.

stlbest5in2013
03-04-2011, 02:11 AM
well clearly if i was spoon fed my whole life then i wouldnt get aid. also, i see scholarships on there. so your whole post was wrong. i pay -200 to go to an ivy league school. what do you pay to go to community college?

being the fact im almost 30 im not in community college.

oh by the way, your little community college **** isnt amusing, being when you get out from school, your boss will likely have graduated from "community college"

Ty Fast
03-04-2011, 02:12 AM
lebron is mvp

PrestigeWldWde
03-04-2011, 02:13 AM

Do they teach you to start sentences with a word that has a capital letter? Just curious.
BTW, just because a school has ivy growing on it's buildings doesn't mean it's an "Ivy" league school.

ChiTownCubbies
03-04-2011, 02:13 AM

fail

:laugh::laugh:

Chi-Town Sports
03-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Hey guys i would post a picture of some other guys financial aid too if i wasnt on my phone. Oh wait you cant do that on a phone...and use paint to write "lawl psd" on it.

poleandreel
03-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Hey guys i would post a picture of some other guys financial aid too if i wasnt on my phone. Oh wait you cant do that on a phone...

lol i guess you dont have a droid or a screen shot option. because i do