PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo's Letter to the Nuggets

poleandreel
03-03-2011, 05:10 PM
News

* RSS Feed

A Note to My Denver fans
Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:35 AM by Admin

I had to let you know how I felt about you, the city, my fans, my friends. You've been supportive of me and my NBA career for the past 8 years and that doesn't go unnoticed.

Drafted when I was 19 I called Denver and the Nuggets my home. The city and the fans embraced me and watched me grow as a man and a player.

There are no words to express the gratitude and appreciation I have for Denver, the Nuggets and all the fans.

You will always be a part of my heart.

One Love,
Melo

http://www.thisismelo.com/news/26271

Sadds The Gr8
03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
lol i bet Amar'e told him to do it...if Amar'e never did it then i don't think Melo woulda wrote them jack-****.

bahama0811
03-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Better late than never I guess.

J4KOP99
03-03-2011, 05:26 PM
How courteous

Shmontaine
03-03-2011, 05:26 PM
pretty weak IMO... don't write a letter saying you don't have the words to express your gratitude...

HoopsDrive
03-03-2011, 05:30 PM
that ish is weak

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-03-2011, 05:32 PM
He probably had someone write it for him.

danniboi168
03-03-2011, 05:33 PM
at least its something.

Tony_Starks
03-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Shoulda had his wife write it....after all it was her "decision."

Sly Guy
03-03-2011, 05:34 PM

'melo wouldn't have been the first to sign an NBA contract with an 'x'.

Infamous916
03-03-2011, 05:35 PM
better than some hoax of a tv show announcing his "decision"....

Kashmir13579
03-03-2011, 05:40 PM
At least he will always be less hated than Lebron.

macc
03-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Lol, this is funny to me how a NBA player tells his fan base how much appreciates them and people still find ways to hate on the guy. It's really "cute" actually.....I mean that, it's sooo "adorable" how true to "hating" you guys can be to hate on litereally everything.

ManRam
03-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Not impressed...

COOLbeans
03-03-2011, 05:51 PM
fake gratitude goes a long way in the NBA and in business. good for him for respecting his brand and the people who've supported him for almost a decade.

smith&wesson
03-03-2011, 05:52 PM
honestly what more can denver ask for ???

the guy knew he was going to new york, so he told managment while they still had a chance to get somthing in return for him. not only was denver not left empy handed they got some really good talent in return for melo and are now one of the deepest teams in the league. now that he is gone and the trade is official. melo sends a letter to show apreciation to the fans for all the suport through out the years.

the man did every thing he could to make it a clean break, and for his old team to get good value in return for him.

would you be more impressed if he said nothing, waited till free agency and then anounced his departure on national television ? no letter to the fans. no value back for his talents. just straight up ditched the city and franchise ?

i think melo dealed with his decision alot better then someone else did.

Shmontaine
03-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Lol, this is funny to me how a NBA player tells his fan base how much appreciates them and people still find ways to hate on the guy. It's really "cute" actually.....I mean that, it's sooo "adorable" how true to "hating" you guys can be to hate on litereally everything.

really?? that letter would've been better off not written, much like your post.. cutie.. now i'm hatin on you..

LakeShowRaider
03-03-2011, 05:54 PM
I think this is really good and he worded it perfectly. People are hating just to hate.

NYK|NYY
03-03-2011, 05:55 PM
He should be thank Lebron everyday for making him look like he handled his situation better.

fadedmario
03-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Carmelo is ghetto

Sly Guy
03-03-2011, 05:59 PM

I actually don't hate 'melo. But I just saw the opportunity for a cheap shot, so being the innate di k that I am, I took it.

zB_#85
03-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Shoulda had his wife write it....after all it was her "decision."

OMG @ your sig.

macc
03-03-2011, 06:04 PM
really?? that letter would've been better off not written, much like your post.. cutie.. now i'm hatin on you..

Lol, but why do people take this so personal, I guess I just don't see it. The NBA is a business. The Denver Nuggets was his place of business, he switched to a different area, "for business".

People change jobs, locations all the time. At least Carmelo gave the Nuggets a two weeks notice so they could get some value for him (which they got alot of value).

The NBA is a business, yet people don't treat it as one.

Who cares if Carmelos letter wasn't heart felt. If it comes from the media or "twitter" then it's going to be desensitized. Get on with your life and move on. Carmelo won't be the last star in Denver.

macc
03-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I actually don't hate 'melo. But I just saw the opportunity for a cheap shot, so being the innate di k that I am, I took it.

At least you're being honest about it.

Mudvayne91
03-03-2011, 06:12 PM

No Denver fan in this thread was really "hating" on him.... I really didn't see anything too malicious from Sly Guy.

Honestly, I'm glad he did it. I think it would've been cooler if he took out the front page of the Denver Post, but it's still pretty admirable. As Bahama said, better late than never.

BklynKnicks3
03-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Carmelo has alot of new haters

Slimsim
03-03-2011, 06:14 PM
'melo wouldn't have been the first to sign an NBA contract with an 'x'.

I like this

vdv36
03-03-2011, 06:17 PM
At least he will always be less hated than Lebron.

You're right... because Melo left Denver for his home team... Lebron left his home team for Miami??? lol..

smith&wesson
03-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Carmelo has alot of new haters

and for no reason at all...

pacofunk64
03-03-2011, 06:26 PM
I got no problems with it. This whole time he owned up to it. He showed his appreciation to Denver, allowed them to get some nice pieces, but when it's all said and done he's a NYC boy.

heattiltheend94
03-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Props to Melo. Its nice that there is no animosity between them

DwayneMVPwade
03-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Better than Lebron and Bosh

SteBO
03-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Props to Melo. Its nice that there is no animosity between them
:nod: Nice job 'Melo. Way to be classy.

jrm2054
03-03-2011, 07:08 PM
PR move

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-03-2011, 07:16 PM
If you look hard enough you can see the tear drops on the page.

knicks_champ
03-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Melo did a great job here.

For you haters, what did you want? A 1 hour special on Fox him crying and saying what he feels? How about a 5 page letter repeating the words "We had some great times"

Stop hating and gives props when due.

bovice163
03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
I guess it's better than LeBron or Bosh, but it's still pretty McWeaksauce imo.

LA_Raiders
03-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Is that it? Come on Melo, Do you really mean it?

Baller1
03-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Damn, you people are too harsh and unforgiving.

He didn't have to write a letter...

Crackadalic
03-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Not even in the same league as lebron or bosh. The letter is pretty weak but at least he gave the franchise some nice young pieces to move forward

danniboi168
03-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Melo did a great job here.

For you haters, what did you want? A 1 hour special on Fox him crying and saying what he feels? How about a 5 page letter repeating the words "We had some great times"

Stop hating and gives props when due.

even if he did an 1 hr special, he still would get bashed.. these ppl :facepalm:

KnicksR4Real
03-03-2011, 08:25 PM
one more letter than lebron ever wrote

Anilyzer
03-03-2011, 09:35 PM
news

* rss feed

a note to my denver fans
thu, mar 3, 2011 at 11:35 am by admin

i had to let you know how i felt about you, the city, my fans, my friends. You've been supportive of me and my nba career for the past 8 years and that doesn't go unnoticed.

Drafted when i was 19 i called denver and the nuggets my home. The city and the fans embraced me and watched me grow as a man and a player.

There are no words to express the gratitude and appreciation i have for denver, the nuggets and all the fans.

You will always be a part of my heart.

One love,
melo

winning!!

Anilyzer
03-03-2011, 09:37 PM
yeah baby, ugggghhhh, you know you were like my little sweetie pie and I just got mad love for you Denver baby uggggghhhh yeah, you know, you know I love you don't cry, you know I just got to go to New York and be in the big time uggggghhhh

Anilyzer
03-03-2011, 09:38 PM
one love Melo

winning!

hype707
03-03-2011, 09:53 PM
One love ...... What a ****ing joke

MDfootball36
03-03-2011, 09:56 PM

Thats what I was thinking.

championships
03-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Atleast he showed some gratitude.

Bobshirleyrules
03-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Nugget Fans should appreciate him a little more. Not the letter, but the way he conducted himself. The Nuggets managed to secure some pretty good talent in that deal. Look the guy was a free agent and wanted to come to NY, he played there in college, was from there.

The only leverage the nuggets had over him was the uncertainty with the collective bargaining agreement. Carmelo could have rolled the dice, and the Nuggets would be headed in Cavalier territory. Instead the Nuggets got three pretty good players. Felton a good young PG and Galinari, and a few #1 picks. Not horrible. Nuggets have a good young team which will compete (what are they 4-1 since he left). It was never going to be perfect. Carmelo wanted to be a Knick, but he didn't poison things for the Nuggets.

hgtiger32
03-03-2011, 10:10 PM
that letter was kind of weak. i thought a 4th grader wrote it at first

Evolution23
03-03-2011, 10:11 PM
well atleast he didn't **** on his fans like lebron and bosh.. ny keeping it classy once again

Hunter48MVP
03-03-2011, 10:14 PM
That was so beautiful :cry:

unwantedplayer
03-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Was probably better off saying "**** Denver"

Khri
03-03-2011, 10:27 PM
better than some hoax of a tv show announcing his "decision"....

Get over it :facepalm:

ManningToTyree
03-03-2011, 10:31 PM
sooo many haters.
He had no obligation to write a letter, but decided to anyway. He didn't make it seem phony by gushing over how he will miss Denver forever because he is where he wants to be. I'm sure he meant everything he said and its only for Nuggets fans to judge

MelanconMadness
03-03-2011, 10:48 PM
This, or a "What should I do" commercial? Hmmmmmm

CowboysKB24
03-03-2011, 10:53 PM
No reason to hate here. It is new thing in the NBA ever since the Heat came about; getting stars to play together. I just hope players don't sign contracts that will end in the same year on purpose so they can join together in the future. That is so lame.

el_primo_nano
03-03-2011, 11:34 PM
That was weak. Sounds like he just broke up with an annoying girlfriend.

MSG34
03-03-2011, 11:56 PM
The guy could've walked away and left Denver with nothing like Lebron to come to a much deeper knicks team that's ready to contend.

This is pathetic.

mzgrizz
03-04-2011, 12:10 AM
I think he is a class act as opposed to some of these guys.

Raph12
03-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Why are you guys hating on the dude, does the Nuggets not have a great crew there right now?... Hell they may be better than before lol.

Apophis
03-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Why are you guys hating on the dude, does the Nuggets not have a great crew there right now?... Hell they may be better than before lol.

Because people have nothing better to do.. I think the letter was direct and to the point.. Even when he said he wasn't going to sign the extension, he still played hard...

Raph12
03-04-2011, 01:20 AM
^Atleast the dude had the courtesy to let the FO know he'd be leaving and gave them options to work with. Melo is in NYC, he's happy; the Nuggets got more than enough young talent in return, they're happy; it's a win-win... I just don't see the problem, it's not like he pulled a Lebron/Bosh.

John Walls Era
03-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Couldn't tell the person writing the letter to write a bit more huh...

Game_Over
03-04-2011, 01:24 AM
:bla: Whatever Melo here's to you (http://acardgamewithattitude.com/sayitloud/wp-content/gallery/humorfumoments1/middle_finger-12207.jpg)!!

ru55
03-04-2011, 01:53 AM
I think it was a classy move. A little overdue... but still classy.

Iggz53
03-04-2011, 01:55 AM
There are no words to express the gratitude and appreciation I have for Denver, the Nuggets and all the fans.

At least this part is genuine, considering he really didn't say anything in the letter.

SA5195
03-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Kinda weak...but better than nothing.

Anilyzer
03-04-2011, 05:30 AM
^Atleast the dude had the courtesy to let the FO know he'd be leaving and gave them options to work with. Melo is in NYC, he's happy; the Nuggets got more than enough young talent in return, they're happy; it's a win-win... I just don't see the problem, it's not like he pulled a Lebron/Bosh.

all he did was refuse to sign the extension, which they tried to push on him for a year; he did mention to Denver that he would sign in NY though.

Yeah, is it just me or did the Denver Nuggets act like total dicks all year? All the phoney ESPN stories, the months of negotiating and pressure to go to New Jersey, the Lebron comparisons, the press leaks and painting Carmelo as the selfish bad guy... refusing to let him play out the season and just going crazy trying to trade him for everything they could get... dragging it out for an extra two months just to essentially get Mosgov in the deal...

I mean, I guess they're happy... now the Gallinari and Chandler era can start for Denver. *wheeeeeee* Although they did send Chauncy Billups AND Carmelo, two all stars, + 3 other players.

Denver really put themselves on the NBA map now, huh? Now they are officially the NBA's siberia.

winning

Confusious
03-04-2011, 05:56 AM
One love? Did he get that from GTA IV?

Denver-boy
03-04-2011, 06:46 AM
its too short???? its like he just wants us not to boo him.... lol maybe we shouldnt, were doing better without him actually, so thanks melo for this.....for this ment to be a move we were expecting are franchise to crumple became were we have very strong Team.... **** you melo for leaving, thank you knicks for the trade, :) one love, denver nugget fans

TheDiggler
03-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Wow. So much to read ...

faze38
03-04-2011, 08:28 AM
lol i bet Amar'e told him to do it...if Amar'e never did it then i don't think Melo woulda wrote them jack-****.

If u ever followed him on twitter he thanks his fans and Denver all the time! So this isn't surprising and I really doubt Amare told another grown man what to do! I mean it's funny how there is always haters no matter what u do. I mean in fact he still runs foundations for the impoverished children of Denver. The man is one of the most giving players in the NBA and not only to the people of New York but the people of Denver as well. So i'm pretty sure that he genuinely means what he wrote!

crc9246
03-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Better than Lebron and Bosh

It is better than LeBron, no doubt, but Chris Bosh is over-rated, he is not that great of player, so who cares if he left Toronto, that's Bargnani's team anyway. Bosh will wind up being like Tyson Chandler... he'll get hurt and become a back up for the rest of his career....he will never be a star

ChitownBears22
03-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Where is all this hate coming from. The fans of Denver should be thanking Carmelo for all the hard work he put in to try and make that team a winner. He played hard every game until the end of his time there. The guy played out his contract and informed the FO that he would not be signing an extension over the summer. He informed them like any employee should with any company that he would be leaving them. He acted professional the entire time. Because he acted this way it allowed Denver to get an amazing trade package for him. Which was surprising since New York could have just waited 3 months.

This dude is a class act and everyone seems to be overreacting to a letter he had issued to his fans/ former city. It might not be long or even written by him but at least he issued one and at least he did everything to not screw over his former team.

Anilyzer
03-04-2011, 06:41 PM
its too short???? its like he just wants us not to boo him.... lol maybe we shouldnt, were doing better without him actually, so thanks melo for this.....for this ment to be a move we were expecting are franchise to crumple became were we have very strong Team.... **** you melo for leaving, thank you knicks for the trade, :) one love, denver nugget fans

after Bieber, Gallinari is definitely one of the cutest of the new wave of NBA'ers.

winning

Anilyzer
03-04-2011, 06:45 PM
I think it was a classy move. A little overdue... but still classy.

he's classy I tell you. CLASSY!

after all the crappy hellishness of this season in Denver and everything the Nuggets put him through, along with all the leaks and bashing his name and trying to pressure him to sign in Russia or whatever...

it was the very least Carmelo could do, that after his agents wrote a letter to Denver and asked him if they could put his name on it and publish it, that he looked at them and said "yeah whatever you decide."

So yeah, Denver, ONE LOVE, MELO

Nighthawk
03-04-2011, 06:47 PM

Whats more funny is Melo basically demanded out of Denver and now he writes this B.S. Your in New York Melo where you wanna be. He dont give a **** about DENVER

Anilyzer
03-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Actually, Carmelo's letter is a lot like the letter that Kobe had to send to that phoney rape accuser psycho nymphmaniac drug chick.

"although I know our encounter was totally consensual, and probably I should in fact accuse YOU of rape instead for stalking to my hotel room and pulling both our clothes off, I recognize that you have severe emotional disturbance and may in fact believe in your mind that it wasn't consensual, and if that is the case I apologize. Here is $1M to pay off your lawyers with and buy a condo and a case of vodka and some drugs, now please move to the suburbs of Denver and turn into a fat soccer mom.

ONE LOVE, KOBE"

Anilyzer
03-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Whats more funny is Melo basically demanded out of Denver and now he writes this B.S. Your in New York Melo where you wanna be. He dont give a **** about DENVER

Denver Nuggets acted like complete dicks. If Carmelo was on point he'd sue them for slander and use all the fake tweets and ESPN news leaks as evidence--Denver would probably have to settle almost immediately.

Da Knicks
03-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Actually, Carmelo's letter is a lot like the letter that Kobe had to send to that phoney rape accuser psycho nymphmaniac drug chick.

"although I know our encounter was totally consensual, and probably I should in fact accuse YOU of rape instead for stalking to my hotel room and pulling both our clothes off, I recognize that you have severe emotional disturbance and may in fact believe in your mind that it wasn't consensual, and if that is the case I apologize. Here is $1M to pay off your lawyers with and buy a condo and a case of vodka and some drugs, now please move to the suburbs of Denver and turn into a fat soccer mom.

ONE LOVE, KOBE"

lmao nice:clap:

YankeeFanAlways
03-04-2011, 07:17 PM
When will we see a letter from Gallo?