PDA

View Full Version : Why do people ***** about it when a player signs with a contender?

AI4MVP
03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Why do some people here complain so much when a player signs with a contender? What do you expect? If hes a free agent/bought out/released do you think hes going to sign with a ****ing losing team? You would do the same thing. But then if a player rejects a contending team for a bigger pay day, you criticize him for that too. So in order to be a decent person the player has to sign a minimum contract with a sucky to for you guys to be happy??/

btw, im not talking about star players. im talking about regular role players

DoJoTheSlasher
03-03-2011, 04:00 PM
They are just mad that a team they hate got better but don't want to admit it.

Klivlend
03-03-2011, 04:17 PM

I'll admit it. Sounds about right. Also, it's challenge when you like a player and they sign with a team that you hate. That's hard to handle.

shizzle09
03-03-2011, 04:20 PM

this

Raph12
03-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Classic case of rich getting richer, idk why people seem so shocked about it, historically it happens all the time...

Swashcuff
03-03-2011, 04:22 PM
I don't hate!!!

I have no problem whatsoever they are free to sign wherever they want.

AKAYaReal
03-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Probably mad cause their team isnt winning. I mean these players are FREE AGENTS arent they.

SAY NO TO A FRANCHISE TAG KIDS!

LanceUpperCut
03-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Bug's me when a player gets traded then wants a buy out and picks his team. Just seems like a way to get some thing for nothing but really I don't care that much cause usually there just average players

JPHX
03-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Wrong, Franchise Tags....everyones doing it! Don't be a social outcast.

whitemamba33
03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
For the most part, I couldn't care less.

But I will say that I'd like talent to be a little more spread out than it is right now. From my personal experience, it is MUCH easier to predict the NBA champions than it is to predict the champions of other sports. I feel like this takes away from the competitive nature a little bit when playoff time comes around, especially in the east where there are teams below .500 that are in playoff contention.

In closing, players are free to do what they want. I think it's great to choose winning over money...I just don't know that it is necessarily a great thing for the league.

Bruno
03-03-2011, 07:01 PM
A couple of reasons, one good, one bad.

1) For the love of competition. When some guy just jumps on the boat thats sailing the strongest and the fastest people feel like that underminds the process of building up a team and allowing it to develop organically. Essentially the players jumping on ship get **** for skipping the organic process, and for cutting to the front of the line.

2) Some people are just haters. Even some people who are generally good fans can have short binges of hater-dom. It's likely that fans of rival teams feel threatened by veteran acquisitions.

Evolution23
03-03-2011, 07:06 PM
cause they mad

abe_froman
03-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Bug's me when a player gets traded then wants a buy out and picks his team. Just seems like a way to get some thing for nothing but really I don't care that much cause usually there just average players

why,those that trade for player like that want his contract and not necessarily him.

i think its a bit of jealousy.those that ***** are already resentful towards top teams to start with(while their team is either mediocre or bad).its not giving thought to the quality of the player,that doesnt matter.its just the fact of seeing those top teams(whom they already resent for being good/elite) adding to it and seeing their team not.

the haves-will always like the current system and see nothing bad/wrong
the have nots-will always complain about the system and want it changed until they(or their team)become the haves

sep11ie
03-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Really Knick fans? Y'all were the worst about this till a few months ago.

magichatnumber9
03-03-2011, 07:17 PM
why does an apple fall when you drop it?

KDM1986
03-03-2011, 08:00 PM
People like to complain.

AI4MVP
03-03-2011, 09:09 PM
^ but i mean whats the reason "ohhh (insert player name) signed with the heat/celts/ect. ! wtf blah blah blah" well wtf do u expect them to do if there free, sign with a bad team? idiiots

blastmasta26
03-03-2011, 09:57 PM
why does an apple fall when you drop it?
Gravity.

hyb152
03-03-2011, 10:21 PM

Agreed. What really baffles me is when laker fans call these heat players "ring chasers." Do they not know who Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Ron Artest, Matt Barnes, and Steve Blake are? There's nothing wrong with being a ring chaser, so get over it.

CowboysKB24
03-03-2011, 10:51 PM
None of it is going to stop... players are going to sign for money if they don't have it. People are going to complain no matter what happens, that'll never stop. If I was a role player and played for 500,000 - 1,000,000 dollars a year I'd probably go somewhere that I would make more money. It is plenty of money (500K to 1million), but the money that you could make would be stupid to give. It would just be a poor financial decision.