PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte looks like an expansion team..again

topdog
03-03-2011, 01:38 PM
I am by no means a Bobcats fan, but I was a fan of G-Wall (who isn't?). Anyway, I was looking at ESPN scores from last night and saw the Bobcats got trashed by 40pts. then, I looked at their roster... Wtf happened?! I never thought they were a great team or anything but they look like they have reverted back to an expansion-drafted team.

Question: Is this peraps the worst Bobcats roster since their expansion season? (Which was followed up by assembling a roster that included Okafor, Wallace and Felton)

llemon
03-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Michael Jordan is a very cheap owner

GodsSon
03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Jordan has like the anti-Midas touch.

Everything he touches turns to ****.

29$JerZ
03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Michael Jordan is your answer

Not keeping Felton
Larry Brown leaving
Getting contracts like Carroll/Diop

Other than DJ/Livingston/Henderson that team is a wreck.

It's sad because I loved when Felton/Crash/Emeka were the main core.

DerekRE_3
03-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Brown leaving actually helped. No more Gerald and Tyrus being out is killing them.

sep11ie
03-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Brown sucks.

The team they had was going nowhere. Time to blow it up and start over.

TheBatchelor213
03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
crazy thing is they are still in playoff contention lol

black1605
03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Brown leaving actually helped. No more Gerald and Tyrus being out is killing them.

This. It is what it is, we are starting the rebuilding process. At best with Wallace, we were the 8 seed. You can spread the blame around anyway you want, the goal now is to shed salary, attain draft picks and see how things play out over the next couple of seasons.

smith&wesson
03-03-2011, 02:16 PM
he should have kept felton and gwallace together, and added pieces around those guys. not traded them away while keeping steven jackson ? it makes you think why jordan wants to run a team when all he does is run them in to the ground.

ManRam
03-03-2011, 02:26 PM
crazy thing is they are still in playoff contention lol

They are, but they really aren't. They're only a game out, but they aren't as good of a team now as they were a few weeks ago. Indy and Philly are far superior teams, and I think Milwaukee will topple them eventually as well.

ThornMo
03-03-2011, 02:35 PM
man, i loved wallace on the team.... BUT he's not a player to build the team around unfortunately. i hate saying that. fact is he plays great defense, goes all out, and gets to the free throw line, although he's an up and down scorer and an under average shooter. He fits better on a contender where he doesn't have to be the man, but can make big plays and play great D.
The trade lets the younger Bobcats compete and get experience while they're slightly in the hunt for the playoffs. In the future they'll have a lot of draft picks to rebuild with. Hopefully we can grab some scorers in the next few drafts and an above average big man.
If they get 1 or 2 big scoring options and a double-double type big man, then I think the 'cats will surprise some people. See ya in the playoffs Bobcats (in 2014)

Raph12
03-03-2011, 02:39 PM
If MJ wanted to dump GForce, we'd give him JRich, who could put pts on the board and expires at the end of the year... Dude's an idiot.

tdunk21
03-03-2011, 02:42 PM
MJ should come out of retirement and play for that team....

black1605
03-03-2011, 02:51 PM
If MJ wanted to dump GForce, we'd give him JRich, who could put pts on the board and expires at the end of the year... Dude's an idiot.

But Portland gave us expiring deals and two first round picks. Even if Orlando threw in two first round picks, they would probably end up being in the 24-27 range, whereas this year Portland is sending us New Orleans' pick which could end up a lottery pick, as well as their own first in 2013.

Carey
03-03-2011, 02:55 PM
I dont think they are that bad off, Silas was a really good hire for starters. Augustin has really responded to him, Henderson now is the starter at the 2, They got 2 young forwards in DJ White and Dante Cunnigham and they hope at least one will pan out as a backup to Tyrus. Its paramount that they draft well and survive the bad contracts.

Bob_at_york
03-03-2011, 02:58 PM
It is sad how quickly they have fallen..... although they didn't get that high in the first place.

benzni
03-03-2011, 02:58 PM
micheal jordan should play i agree

DerekRE_3
03-03-2011, 05:27 PM

And that would do what? I'd rather have the expirings they got and the two 1st round picks. Even if the Magic gave up 2 1sts with J rich (they wouldn't), they wouldn't be as high as Portlands picks. All the Bobcats would get is a player who can put up stats for 2 months.

If the Magic wanted Wallace, they could have not been ******** and not signed Shard to that ridiculous deal. Wallace was in that same free agent class and got paid half as much as Shard.

xabial
03-03-2011, 09:42 PM
14-0... in this poll..

NBA_Starter
03-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Brown sucks.

The team they had was going nowhere. Time to blow it up and start over.

This, I hope we lose and improve our draft status but I'd like some closer losses. If we finally draft good, we'll eventually be back.

LA_Raiders
03-03-2011, 10:24 PM
yes, we should be able to finally beat them...

king4day
03-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Henderson and Jackson are still really good. Despite his past, Kwame is having a good season. Their roster isn't great but no expansion team has a talent like Jackson.
And once Tyrus returns, this thread isn't even debatable.

AddiX
03-03-2011, 10:32 PM
I loved the way they played last year under Brown. They were just a solid team. Just didn't have the elite players needed in the NBA today to do anything.

championships
03-03-2011, 10:36 PM
They're bad now, or should I say worse. Lakers better beat them tomorrow. :hide:

LakersA's49ers
03-03-2011, 10:41 PM
I dont think they are that bad off, Silas was a really good hire for starters. Augustin has really responded to him, Henderson now is the starter at the 2, They got 2 young forwards in DJ White and Dante Cunnigham and they hope at least one will pan out as a backup to Tyrus. Its paramount that they draft well and survive the bad contracts.

you need a new sig :) Perkins-Durant-Westbrook! LOL

JerseysFinest
03-03-2011, 10:48 PM
To think their team could've been something special with Felton, Roy, Wallace, Okafor, and Lopez, oh well I guess.