PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with CP3?

NYtilIdie
03-03-2011, 01:35 AM
He doesn't look like the same player we're use to seeing. He looks dis-interested judging from his body language, he's been struggling the last 10 games and tonight he wasn't very assertive, he passed up two easy buckets, he only took 3 shots tonight that I can remember, an easy lay-up that he missed, he hit a 2nd quarter buzzer-beater and a missed 3.

Was it just a rough month that hurt his confidence?

RZZZA
03-03-2011, 01:36 AM
1) nagging injuries
2) he doesn't want to be in NO

Raph12
03-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Knee brace and no passion for NO, we saw how dominating he could be when the season started, now he's just going through the motions...

The BodyGuard
03-03-2011, 01:59 AM
He should get traded to Orlando

danniboi168
03-03-2011, 02:00 AM
yeah hes been doing really bad lately.

JLynn943
03-03-2011, 02:03 AM
He quit on them

Raph12
03-03-2011, 02:07 AM

This

AddiX
03-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Utah showed exactly how to handle these guys, and trade them before it becomes a problem.

Look at Utah now, they still have a solid team, got good draft picks, a good PG, and a player with upside, and they got rid of the headache before it became an embarrassing situation.

JeffG20
03-03-2011, 02:12 AM
He quit on them

This.... What a coward. I don't care how bad you think your situation is. Trade him now why he has a shred of value. I'd rather be done with the headach.

clutchski
03-03-2011, 02:17 AM
He doesn't look like the same player we're use to seeing in New Orleans. He looks dis-interested judging from his body language in New Orleans, he's been struggling the last 10 gamesin New Orleans and tonight he wasn't very assertive, he passed up two easy buckets, he only took 3 shots tonight that I can remember, an easy lay-up that he missed, he hit a 2nd quarter buzzer-beater and a missed 3.

There we go. No way he resigns there unfortunately.

SNYmets86
03-03-2011, 02:18 AM
The surgery was shortly thereafter. The rehab, it appears, will go on for the rest of his life.

Among the side effects, tragically: Paul has lost one of his best weapons, the explosive first step he once used to beat any player to any spot on the floor.

Paul generally refuses to discuss his physical ailments, but he has talked about the knee injury in vague terms lately. On Jan. 29, he told the New Orleans Times-Picayune that he is "on it every day. I'm still strengthening it, trying to get it as strong as possible. At some point, it'll be where I need it to be."

At the All-Star Game last month, he said, "As I get older and older, I'll probably slow down a little bit more. I probably won't jump as high. Hopefully I just keep getting better in basketball. Just continue to work on ballhandling and shooting."
Paul was never just an athlete. To go with the blazing speed, he had an incomparable handle, court vision and basketball smarts reinforced by one of the most competitive and ruthless on-court personalities in the league.

He's still quick, elusive and able to free himself and his teammates for baskets, but these days, his play in the half court is almost entirely reliant on misdirection and clever ballhandling. He goes to the basket less, but compensates by shooting at a better clip than ever before. With his strength and low center of gravity intact, he often relies on running into opposing players to force them to retreat and give him room to shoot.

Or he forces the contact and draw fouls. OK, I'll admit it. He flops. A lot.

And on his best nights, CP3 reminds us of those electrifying days from earlier in his career and the early part of the 2009-10 season. We Hornets fans harbor a secret wish for him to explode as the Paul of old when the playoffs begin -- is there some chance he has been taking it easy? -- and proceed to demolish the competition en route to a deep postseason run. Furthermore, there's hope that his knee will heal more fully by next season, whenever that begins.

In the meantime, we have to accept that he is now a different kind of incredible than he once was. That might not make him MVP, but it may still make him one of the best point guards of all time.

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/25641/a-new-role-model-for-chris-paul

GoatMilk
03-03-2011, 02:20 AM
He quit on them

unfortunately, yeah i think he did

Yunqn
03-03-2011, 02:21 AM
[QUOTE=The BodyGuard ;16975656]He should get traded to Orlando[/QUOTE

Yeah because the magic have appealing pieces for a money saving franchise..

out of all teams in the league Orlando is the least since l.a actually has a piece to give up.. orlando has one of the worst cap situations now and going foward..

Raph12
03-03-2011, 02:47 AM
[QUOTE=The BodyGuard ;16975656]He should get traded to Orlando[/QUOTE

Yeah because the magic have appealing pieces for a money saving franchise..

out of all teams in the league Orlando is the least since l.a actually has a piece to give up.. orlando has one of the worst cap situations now and going foward..

Nelson-Bass-Duhon-1strd pick for CP3... Nelson will be an $8m expiring or they can resign him if they want, Bass is a good young PF who is paid only 4m/yr and Duhon is a throw-in to match salaries.

With his health conditions, doubt anyone else give up any more for him.

29$JerZ
03-03-2011, 03:01 AM
What's bad is this could be a trend for him down the road.
If he even shows games like this after an extension it would be problematic. Health looks like its going to be against him sooner rather than later

More-Than-Most
03-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Not just cp3 but Nash as well. The last 5 games or so he has been stinking it up to. I am talking 2-10 from the field... 3 of 9 and so on. My 2 favorite players in the nba and they have been letting me down and it concerns me.

THE MTL
03-03-2011, 03:53 AM
I think CP3 has no passion for NO anymore. He doesnt wanna be there. He CLEARLY wants to be with Amare and Melo or at least in a situation where he has another superstar.

Overall, he has been non-aggressive this year. It has to do with injuries and the fact that he doesnt wanna be there.

He's my favorite player and I cant wait for him to join my favorite team.

jellis2788
03-03-2011, 05:36 AM
cp3 is pulling a lebron!!!

kblo247
03-03-2011, 05:52 AM
1) He lacks a meniscus
2) His interest in New Orleans is slightly down with no owner to give them direction

The guy has never played a full season in his career because he can't will his body through that grind

3ballbomber
03-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Whoa!

Anilyzer
03-03-2011, 07:34 AM
He doesn't look like the same player we're use to seeing. He looks dis-interested judging from his body language, he's been struggling the last 10 games and tonight he wasn't very assertive, he passed up two easy buckets, he only took 3 shots tonight that I can remember, an easy lay-up that he missed, he hit a 2nd quarter buzzer-beater and a missed 3.

everybody's just got to get off CP3's back because he is a machine, a warrior, a Samurai and he will wipe the floor with all those other teams and players!

winning

TheDiggler
03-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Injuries ? Maybe ? But definitely a ****** character. Classy players don't give up like that, when they're on a team they don't want to be ... people of New Orleans don't deserve passionless quitters. No fanbase deserves that ...

magichatnumber9
03-03-2011, 08:55 AM
he's been dethroned

Method28
03-03-2011, 09:27 AM
1) He lacks a meniscus
2) His interest in New Orleans is slightly down with no owner to give them direction

The guy has never played a full season in his career because he can't will his body through that grind

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/2779/chris-paul

Evolution23
03-03-2011, 09:29 AM
there's an article on espn.com about it. His knee surgery slowed down his first step but he adjusted his game and now he is John Stockton 2.0 The Hornets have nobody else on the team and they struggle scoring.

Evolution23
03-03-2011, 09:32 AM
1) He lacks a meniscus

lol cp3 has a big heart I doubt he can't will his body through an injury unless its serious. His game will not be the same after the surgery, it was serious but he's still the top pg in the NBA

Evolution23
03-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Not just cp3 but Nash as well. The last 5 games or so he has been stinking it up to. I am talking 2-10 from the field... 3 of 9 and so on. My 2 favorite players in the nba and they have been letting me down and it concerns me.

its a slump.. happens to the best of us

Method28
03-03-2011, 09:36 AM
there's an article on espn.com about it. His knee surgery slowed down his first step but he adjusted his game and now he is John Stockton 2.0 The Hornets have nobody else on the team and they struggle scoring.

Yeah i read that article. Good read. Only thing is i dont really agree with it lol

Ive watched every minute of NO bball for the past 3 years. Paul is one of a handful of players that can score at will. He can still get to any spot on the court anytime he wants to....the only thing is...for some reason, he is not taking the shots.

Im talking easy layups that he decides to dump it off...usually to Okafor or Ariza on the wing and either Ok isnt expecting the pass because its such an easy shot for CP that he thinks Paul is gonna take it...or Ariza fumbles the ball away.

Its really frustrating as a fan. I dont know if he is getting too caught up in the "NO has no talent besides Paul" (mostly true) that he is trying to make them shine a little too much....or if he is just plain and simple being to passive. Someone needs to smack him and tell him to shoot before NO is out of the playoffs.

oak2455
03-03-2011, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=Yunqn;16975821]

Nelson-Bass-Duhon-1strd pick for CP3... Nelson will be an $8m expiring or they can resign him if they want, Bass is a good young PF who is paid only 4m/yr and Duhon is a throw-in to match salaries.

With his health conditions, doubt anyone else give up any more for him.

Yes Duhon makes a ton of sense....come on man...next:facepalm:

jim51990
03-03-2011, 10:41 AM
pretty simple he has never been the same since he got hurt and most likely will never return to that level

Evolution23
03-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Yeah i read that article. Good read. Only thing is i dont really agree with it lol

Ive watched every minute of NO bball for the past 3 years. Paul is one of a handful of players that can score at will. He can still get to any spot on the court anytime he wants to....the only thing is...for some reason, he is not taking the shots.

Im talking easy layups that he decides to dump it off...usually to Okafor or Ariza on the wing and either Ok isnt expecting the pass because its such an easy shot for CP that he thinks Paul is gonna take it...or Ariza fumbles the ball away.

Its really frustrating as a fan. I dont know if he is getting too caught up in the "NO has no talent besides Paul" (mostly true) that he is trying to make them shine a little too much....or if he is just plain and simple being to passive. Someone needs to smack him and tell him to shoot before NO is out of the playoffs.

I'll take your word for it. I know he is a pass first point guard but I guess he needs to score more because the Hornets have a few options right now.

JordansBulls
03-03-2011, 10:59 AM

Not sure, his stats in the past few weeks have not been up to par. I wonder if he is playing hurt or something.

jrm2054
03-03-2011, 11:30 AM
CP3 can play like he used to he just dont care anymore in NO

Trace
03-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Jose Calderon best CP3 in a full court sprint during the Raptors game and had trouble keeping up with Calderon.

He's injured.

BALLER R
03-03-2011, 11:36 AM
if he keeps it up his trade value won't be as high if they plan to trade him in the offseason

BullsFTW
03-03-2011, 11:59 AM
He's thinking about New York already, maybe the Lakers too

Sly Guy
03-03-2011, 12:13 PM
watching him last night, he does seem disinterested.

It's sad to watch the guy make one play out of 5 that make your head spin, but the other 4 like he's playing a scrimmage in practice.

GodsSon
03-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Like others have said, I think it's a mixture of injuries plus the fact he doesn't want to be in NO; which is pathetic because they're actually in the playoff mix out West.

He looked terrible the other night in Toronto.

SNYmets86
03-03-2011, 01:43 PM
idk i doubt he's pulling a lebron like some are saying....

to me he is not comfortable with that knee .

VikesTwinsWolve
03-03-2011, 01:45 PM
This.... What a coward. I don't care how bad you think your situation is. Trade him now why he has a shred of value. I'd rather be done with the headach.

This...but I wouldn't trade him anywhere close to his asking destinations...:facepalm:

Bornknick73
03-03-2011, 01:50 PM
if he keeps it up his trade value won't be as high if they plan to trade him in the offseason

DING DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!! GIVE THAT MAN A CUPEY DOLL!!

Your team is owned by the NBA you have no real owner and no real direction, you wish to play on a team with desire and direction. The specific team you want to play for doesnt have the assets to trade or some percieve the money to pay you. Youre depressed, your friends are living out your Prophecy without you.

It smells like Lebron Game 5 v. 2.0

Disinterested in carrying a franchise with no direction or title hopes while all your friends (Lebron,Wade,Stat,Melo) ride the parade float down the street to success and near future title contention. Your play suffers, injuries become a public concern/debate, your value diminishes slightly and now the team that didnt have the assets or money to land you finds itself back in the mix.

So you pull a melo without pulling a melo. You want out but you dont say it, you show it and hope management picks up on it and makes a move.

The parade is going by and the boat is sailing and youre still on the dock with no owner no direction and no help coming.

I love my cockamamie conspiracies!! But whatever the case...a slightly diminished CP3 is more likely to be acquired then a full out #1 PG in the game CP3. Throw some miniscus debate into the mix and all of a sudden he is a risk.

Not worth the max people think the team you want cant afford and not worth the assets they dont have. A dimished, rumored to be damaged goods CP3 puts the team he wants back in the mix.

Conspiracy at its finest.

BigCityofDreams
03-03-2011, 01:55 PM
DING DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!! GIVE THAT MAN A CUPEY DOLL!!

Your team is owned by the NBA you have no real owner and no real direction, you wish to play on a team with desire and direction. The specific team you want to play for doesnt have the assets to trade or some percieve the money to pay you. Youre depressed, your friends are living out your Prophecy without you.

It smells like Lebron Game 5 v. 2.0

Disinterested in carrying a franchise with no direction or title hopes while all your friends (Lebron,Wade,Stat,Melo) ride the parade float down the street to success and near future title contention. Your play suffers, injuries become a public concern/debate, your value diminishes slightly and now the team that didnt have the assets or money to land you finds itself back in the mix.

So you pull a melo without pulling a melo. You want out but you dont say it, you show it and hope management picks up on it and makes a move.

The parade is going by and the boat is sailing and youre still on the dock with no owner no direction and no help coming.

I love my cockamamie conspiracies!! But whatever the case...a slightly diminished CP3 is more likely to be acquired then a full out #1 PG in the game CP3. Throw some miniscus debate into the mix and all of a sudden he is a risk.

Not worth the max people think the team you want cant afford and not worth the assets they dont have. A dimished, rumored to be damaged goods CP3 puts the team he wants back in the mix.

Conspiracy at its finest.

Crazy but I like it keep up the good work man.

Klivlend
03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yZj_yZ6m1o&playnext=1&list=PL7AC74B6618EEE4E1