PDA

View Full Version : Report: Brandon Davies case about sex

StriveGreatness
03-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Brandon Davies was dismissed from BYU's basketball team after he admitted to having sexual relations with his girlfriend, the Salt Lake Tribune reported Wednesday.

BYU's honor code forbids students from having premarital sex and instructs them to "live a chaste and virtuous life."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6175090

That's ****ed up. Suspend a kid for having sex with his girlfriend? Wow. :facepalm:

The whole "honor code" is stupid as hell. Here it is:

BYU's honor code also requires students to be honest; abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee and substance abuse; and attend church regularly.

Just absurd, in my opinion. I realize they want to have good morals and high standards but jesus..

homestarunner93
03-03-2011, 12:04 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6175090

That's ****ed up. Suspend a kid for having sex with his girlfriend? Wow. :facepalm:

The whole "honor code" is stupid as hell. Here it is:

Just absurd, in my opinion. I realize they want to have good morals and high standards but jesus..

No, it isn't ****ed up and no, it isn't stupid. Number one, it's part of the Mormon religion. Number two, BYU is a private school and can enforce any standards within the law that they desire. Number three, he agreed to the honor code, so he only has himself to blame. If he wanted to have sex with his girlfriend, he should have gone to another school, because it's clearly forbidden not only for athletes but for all BYU students.

King P
03-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Number three, he agreed to the honor code, so he only has himself to blame. If he wanted to have sex with his girlfriend, he should have gone to another school, because it's clearly forbidden not only for athletes but for all BYU students.
Exactly

While the rule is very stupid IMO, it is a rule. He willingly went to that place knowing the rules, and he broke them. Thats all on him.

hgtiger32
03-03-2011, 12:16 AM
while i agree, and i wouldn't attend BYU because of that. Rules are Rules. And this is stressed during the recruiting process and throughout the entire year so I have no problem with their ruling. If BYU wasn't ranked this wouldn't be such a big deal.

StriveGreatness
03-03-2011, 12:41 AM
No, it isn't ****ed up and no, it isn't stupid. Number one, it's part of the Mormon religion. Number two, BYU is a private school and can enforce any standards within the law that they desire. Number three, he agreed to the honor code, so he only has himself to blame. If he wanted to have sex with his girlfriend, he should have gone to another school, because it's clearly forbidden not only for athletes but for all BYU students.

Yeah, the same religion that doesn't allow premarital sex but allows you to have multiple wives? Makes sense..

I understand that.

Yeah, he's the only one banging a chick in that school..and they'd suspend someone for drinking ****ing tea? Give me a break.

Also, suspending the kid for the rest of the season is too harsh. It's not like he did anything criminal. All he did was have sex with his girlfriend. Should be suspended for a few games, tops, not the rest of the season.

J4KOP99
03-03-2011, 12:50 AM
It sucks but this is what you get when you go to BYU. The Mormon religion is strictly enforced and things such as premarital sex are against the relgion.

giants73756
03-03-2011, 01:40 AM
They can't even drink tea. :laugh2: What a stupid honor code.

gbrl
03-03-2011, 01:48 AM
they couldve of used him tonight

clutchski
03-03-2011, 02:10 AM
wow..unbelievable. I feel sad for the player. team and program.

Punk
03-03-2011, 02:27 AM

I agree but that's still not a good rule regardless. There are certain things that should not be enforced.

Meddling in someone's personal life is not okay. Secondly, how did anyone even find out?

Third, I don't see how is that something that should suspend him for the entire season.

If he did that at home or away from the school there is no reason for him to be suspended, In my opinion.

reevanson
03-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Good for BYU for sticking to its guns, so many schools turn a blind eye to players doing whatever the hell they want because sports comes first. Finally a school put its morals first thanks BYU!

Wake's Fastball
03-03-2011, 02:43 PM

Exactly. This isn't like a hidden code that they sprung on him. He knew it going in, and he's the one to blame. I personally don't think it's a standard to live by, but that doesn't make it any less enforceable for people who agreed to play by those rules when signing into the program.

Corey
03-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Exactly. This isn't like a hidden code that they sprung on him. He knew it going in, and he's the one to blame. I personally don't think it's a standard to live by, but that doesn't make it any less enforceable for people who agreed to play by those rules when signing into the program.

Well said, and seconded.

I hate how people are giving the school a bad rep for this just because the belief seems foreign to them.

29$JerZ
03-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah, the same religion that doesn't allow premarital sex but allows you to have multiple wives? Makes sense..

I understand that.

Yeah, he's the only one banging a chick in that school..and they'd suspend someone for drinking ****ing tea? Give me a break.

Also, suspending the kid for the rest of the season is too harsh. It's not like he did anything criminal. All he did was have sex with his girlfriend. Should be suspended for a few games, tops, not the rest of the season.

Your mixing up two different topics.

BYU has every right to suspend him permanently because he violated a code the University enforces and applies to every student who attends BYU.

quiksilver2491
03-03-2011, 06:15 PM
This was a low blow move IMO...and before I hear the "it's part of the rules" argument, they didn't HAVE to suspend him for this violation of the honor code as no specific punishment is given for each violation.

It's also clearly written in the BYU guideline that if a student is to break the honor code they are to receive a warning after the 1st violation, not sure of the exact specifics of the Davies case but being dismissed for the rest of the season certainly doesn't seem like a warning.

Excessive and unnecessary move by BYU that will cost them perhaps their only legit chance of ever getting a national title but at least they still have their morals :rolleyes:

BigRed
03-03-2011, 06:34 PM
BYU wont get a #1 seed no more with the lost last night

bahama0811
03-03-2011, 06:36 PM
He knew what he was doing broke school rules. He signed the code, he knew the consequences.

enserio
03-03-2011, 06:47 PM
When I see one of those dudes riding their bikes with the white shirt/black tie combo, I'm gonna yell "Davies!" at 'em tonight.

gocubs2118
03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't get why you would ever go there if you wanted a normal college life. Some of the things that are part of the moral code at BYU are just ridiculous.

quiksilver2491
03-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Jason and the girlfriend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ehGJOgOxBYo)...it's an official BYU video :laugh2:

homestarunner93
03-03-2011, 09:10 PM

I understand that.

Those two things are slightly connected at best. Having sex within polygamous marriages is totally different from having sex outside or before marriage. I'm not condoning polygamy, but comparing the two as if they're equal is naive and illogical.

It's the honor code, he agreed to it, he's obligated to obey it. Frankly, it means nothing whether or not you agree with it.

No, it wasn't. He broke the honor code, plain and simple. The school was founded on Mormon ideals, something they've stuck with while numerous other schools have lessened the standards of their student population in an attempt to attract more people. He got exactly what he deserved, and he'll be lucky to remain in school.

I agree but that's still not a good rule regardless. There are certain things that should not be enforced.

Meddling in someone's personal life is not okay. Secondly, how did anyone even find out?

Third, I don't see how is that something that should suspend him for the entire season.

If he did that at home or away from the school there is no reason for him to be suspended, In my opinion.

Why not? He agreed to the honor code, so anything within that code is fair game here.

I would assume someone turned him in and, again, if his "personal life" is against the school rules, then why isn't meddling okay?

Because it's against the rules and an offense that could potentially get him kicked out of school.

There's no evidence where it occurred at this point, but "home" for him is actually in Provo, Utah, so that complicates it a bit more.

Which makes it stupid.

Whether or not you believe it is stupid isn't relevant to the argument. I don't care if you think Mormonism is the dumbest religion on the face of the Earth, Davies still knowingly agreed to a strictly enforced honor code and broke it.

Rocco Gandolfo
03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Excessive and unnecessary move by BYU that will cost them perhaps their only legit chance of ever getting a national title but at least they still have their morals :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

This line is exactly what is wrong with so many peoples attitudes in this world today. A major Privately owned Division one college with a basketball team ranked #3 in the nation (Highest EVER!) enforces a rule that the player was more than aware of. This descision will cost them any shot at a national title. Do you think this is what they wanted? Hats off to BYU and their honor.

Rocco Gandolfo
03-03-2011, 10:03 PM
I am a Mormon. I attended BYU and even played college baseball there. The honor code is a very big deal. If you dont agree with it, I respect your opinion. I ask that you give the same respect back. The rule is not "Stupid" it is a religious based rule. Sex before mariage is considered a sin in our faith. As moronic or idiotic you find that to be, it is what we believe in. It is the same basic truth in why we believe same sex marriage to be wrong. It is also a sin. We are condemned over and over for practicing what we believe. Contrary to what you may think you know, Mormons stopped the practice of Plural marriage well over a century ago. Mormons do not have multiple wives. If a Mormon was engaged in the practice of Polygamy he or she would be excommunicated immediately. What you see on TV is not the LDS church. It is a fundamentalist group that has ZERO affiliation with the LDS church.
Living a life of sexual abstinence before marriage might seem obsurd too you, but to the Millions and Millions of us who practice this, we are not ashamed or do we really care what anyone thinks.
BYU did this because they had no choice. I am proud to belong to an organization that practices what it preaches. Harvey Unga our star RB on the BYU football team got kicked off the team this past season as well. No one seemed to care about that because they were not nationally ranked.
BTW I know the Davies family. They also believe the descision was the right one.

reevanson
03-03-2011, 11:16 PM
I am a Mormon. I attended BYU and even played college baseball there. The honor code is a very big deal. If you dont agree with it, I respect your opinion. I ask that you give the same respect back. The rule is not "Stupid" it is a religious based rule. Sex before mariage is considered a sin in our faith. As moronic or idiotic you find that to be, it is what we believe in. It is the same basic truth in why we believe same sex marriage to be wrong. It is also a sin. We are condemned over and over for practicing what we believe. Contrary to what you may think you know, Mormons stopped the practice of Plural marriage well over a century ago. Mormons do not have multiple wives. If a Mormon was engaged in the practice of Polygamy he or she would be excommunicated immediately. What you see on TV is not the LDS church. It is a fundamentalist group that has ZERO affiliation with the LDS church.
Living a life of sexual abstinence before marriage might seem obsurd too you, but to the Millions and Millions of us who practice this, we are not ashamed or do we really care what anyone thinks.
BYU did this because they had no choice. I am proud to belong to an organization that practices what it preaches. Harvey Unga our star RB on the BYU football team got kicked off the team this past season as well. No one seemed to care about that because they were not nationally ranked.
BTW I know the Davies family. They also believe the descision was the right one.

great post

homestarunner93
03-03-2011, 11:55 PM

Very good post. I'm glad a former BYU student-athlete and Mormon could comment on the situation. I'm in total agreeance with you, I'm not Mormon, but that's not the point in this situation. The deal is that this kid agreed to abide by the standards of the school. I don't know whether or not he's Mormon, but that really doesn't matter either. He broke his promise to honor the honor code, and he was removed from the team as a result. This seems not only fair, but the only correct decision BYU could make. Maybe this cost them a chance at a legitimate tournament run and maybe it cost them money, but at least a school based on faith has managed to maintain their morals and their founding principles. If I were a BYU student or alum, I would be proud of my school for this move.

enserio
03-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Article says he admitted it, but didn't go into how the school actually found out. If he just walked in and admitted it, then that it some good *** stuff he's getting. I'm not worried about the kid, he'll be in somebody else's front court next season.

King P
03-04-2011, 03:58 AM
Also, look at it like this...

You got the opportunity to play D1 athletics and position yourself for a career in pro sports? Do what you got to do, focus on ball and take your game to the next level.

I'd go dry dick at BYU and pass up all those Utah women if it means I had the opportunity to play pro ball, make millions, and have sex with all the women I want for the rest of my life.

Dude fell slave to the ***** and it cost him. And if she's worth losing your basketball career over, he should've married her so he could have sex with her whenever.

Rocco Gandolfo
03-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Funny how some feel a need to make fun of something very sacred to someone else. I had the opportunity to spend some time in Egypt. In Egypt the Moslem faith is paramount. You can count the Christian church buildings on one hand there. But I learned so much about their belief's and I came to rspect them for their dedication to both religion and family. I might not agree with their theology but I dont have too.
It amazes me how so many have NO CLUE whatsoever about the LDS church. None. I can understand why some find our high Christian morals and values silly. I get that. But be careful what you wish for. If all good people of all religions woke up tomorow and gave you the Godless society you crave, you might not like the world you end up with.
Morallity is not "New" it is not "Old Fashioned" it still exists. You either live a moral life or you dont. God has never changed the rules, man just thinks he is smarter than God.
You might not believe that God is real, but he knows you are.
Mocking people for their belief system is ignorant. Respecting people no matter what is what makes us Human.

dbroncos78087
03-05-2011, 12:24 AM
If anyone wishes to discuss religion there is a forum for that. This is not a place to vent about or attack a religion or religion in general.

Anilyzer
03-05-2011, 07:35 PM
If anyone wishes to discuss religion there is a forum for that. This is not a place to vent about or attack a religion or religion in general.

Ok, first of all I didn't "attack a religion" in any sense in my posts.

I merely pointed out that I have friends who went to BYU, and from what I understand, there is a ton of sex among students going on over there--probably more than at most universities.

So what I said was, that most students probably get away with it by just lying. "Were you having sex?" -- "No sir, I was not." -- "Ok good job. Remember you have an obligation to keep."

Somebody must've accused Davies of having sex, must've seen him going into
his apartment or dorm with his (white) girlfriend and brought it to the attention of the coaches or school officials.

Assuming they didn't have spycams in his room to witness him having sex, they must've asked him if he was having sex.

All I mentioned that Davies must have answered honestly, out of a sense of honor, and that is why the team will almost surely (barring an actual, true miracle) lose early in the NCAA tournament.

So it would've been more convenient and profitable for everybody if he had just told a little white lie; but he didn't. So, there you go.

There are also reports that Davies, one of only 3 black BYU basketball team players, has received a significantly "harsh" penalty in this case, and that having sex doesn't necessarily mandate a full season suspension and/or expulsion from school. Some people are wondering if that is because he was (allegedly) having sex with a white girl, and if there is some tinge of racial prejudice to all this.

I'm just trying to comment on this story (helping!) and certainly not trying to offend anyone. Thanks.

homestarunner93
03-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Ok, first of all I didn't "attack a religion" in any sense in my posts.

I merely pointed out that I have friends who went to BYU, and from what I understand, there is a ton of sex among students going on over there--probably more than at most universities.

So what I said was, that most students probably get away with it by just lying. "Were you having sex?" -- "No sir, I was not." -- "Ok good job. Remember you have an obligation to keep."

Somebody must've accused Davies of having sex, must've seen him going into
his apartment or dorm with his (white) girlfriend and brought it to the attention of the coaches or school officials.

http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/w-volley/mtt/mendivil_danica00.html

Assuming they didn't have spycams in his room to witness him having sex, they must've asked him if he was having sex.

All I mentioned that Davies must have answered honestly, out of a sense of honor, and that is why the team will almost surely (barring an actual, true miracle) lose early in the NCAA tournament.

So it would've been more convenient and profitable for everybody if he had just told a little white lie; but he didn't. So, there you go.

There are also reports that Davies, one of only 3 black BYU basketball team players, has received a significantly "harsh" penalty in this case, and that having sex doesn't necessarily mandate a full season suspension and/or expulsion from school. Some people are wondering if that is because he was (allegedly) having sex with a white girl, and if there is some tinge of racial prejudice to all this.

I'm just trying to comment on this story (helping!) and certainly not trying to offend anyone. Thanks.

This isn't a racial issue, a black player can be suspended without it being racial regardless of what color his girlfriend is. That's honestly preposterous for you to suggest or promote something so ridiculous and asinine.

Anilyzer
03-06-2011, 06:49 AM
This isn't a racial issue, a black player can be suspended without it being racial regardless of what color his girlfriend is. That's honestly preposterous for you to suggest or promote something so ridiculous and asinine.

Is it really that farfetched? You don't think there's some people in Utah that feel that black people and white people making out, having sex, whether on a tv show or at a college campus, is slightly controversial?

homestarunner93
03-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Is it really that farfetched? You don't think there's some people in Utah that feel that black people and white people making out, having sex, whether on a tv show or at a college campus, is slightly controversial?

Some people in Utah? Probably. There's "some people" like that in every state in this country. That being said, it would make little sense from the school's standpoint. You and many other people are bashing them for ruining their chance at a big run in the NCAA Tournament, so it's very illogical to suggest that they would suspend him simply because he's black and his girlfriend is white, all while saying they wouldn't do the same to Jimmer Fredette.

Anilyzer
03-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Some people in Utah? Probably. There's "some people" like that in every state in this country. That being said, it would make little sense from the school's standpoint. You and many other people are bashing them for ruining their chance at a big run in the NCAA Tournament, so it's very illogical to suggest that they would suspend him simply because he's black and his girlfriend is white, all while saying they wouldn't do the same to Jimmer Fredette.

it makes zero sense from an athletic standpoint. But if you believe that the main focus of the school is reaching heaven with the mormon god and the pursuit of righteousness, and that basketball players are just some stupid tall kids bouncing a ball and jumping around, then it makes sense for them to make a statement about sex.

First of all... everybody kind of accepts that Ryan Davies did something wrong. Did he? Did he actually do something wrong? No, not by American standards. If we want to look at it specifically as a religious issue, and the religious beliefs and practices of that university, then I suppose that's a different story. But from a secular, rational, everyday American viewpoint, this is a hard-working guy who is a good student and athletic star and I'm sure doesn't even drink beer. He's 20 and he made out / had sex with his girlfriend. That's not a crime... so if you want to expel him for that, fine; it only draws attention to the university and lowers their prestige. And with Romney railing against Obama, and with all the history in the region... I mean I can't prove it but it is quite natural to suspect that they're may have been a racial subtext. I mean, I knew nothing about this case; and when I heard about it, I said immediately "I bet the girl was white." Google it and what do you know! What a coincidence!

homestarunner93
03-06-2011, 10:07 PM
it makes zero sense from an athletic standpoint. But if you believe that the main focus of the school is reaching heaven with the mormon god and the pursuit of righteousness, and that basketball players are just some stupid tall kids bouncing a ball and jumping around, then it makes sense for them to make a statement about sex.

First of all... everybody kind of accepts that Ryan Davies did something wrong. Did he? Did he actually do something wrong? No, not by American standards. If we want to look at it specifically as a religious issue, and the religious beliefs and practices of that university, then I suppose that's a different story. But from a secular, rational, everyday American viewpoint, this is a hard-working guy who is a good student and athletic star and I'm sure doesn't even drink beer. He's 20 and he made out / had sex with his girlfriend. That's not a crime... so if you want to expel him for that, fine; it only draws attention to the university and lowers their prestige. And with Romney railing against Obama, and with all the history in the region... I mean I can't prove it but it is quite natural to suspect that they're may have been a racial subtext. I mean, I knew nothing about this case; and when I heard about it, I said immediately "I bet the girl was white." Google it and what do you know! What a coincidence!

Which is obviously what the believe, considering the university was founded on the values of the Mormon religion. Deviating from those values would be embarrassing and enraging for many of their Mormon alumni, I would have to believe.

It IS an issue, because it goes against the school's honor code. He's an admitted violator of the code, which means he's subject to whatever punishment they decide to dish out. I fail to see how this lowers the prestige of the university to anyone but people under 20 and trash. If anything, it shows they are not willing to compromise on their values, which means it should increase the prestige and the pride of their alumni and students. What exactly does Romney "railing" on Obama have to do with race? Just because he's Mormon and Obama is black, that makes it about race? I think you're reading far too much into that one, Romney and Obama are from rival parties and will likely be involved in campaigning against each other this year and next as Obama will be the Democratic Nomination for President and Romney has at least a decent shot at receiving the Republican nod. As for assuming it was a white girl, well, 80% of the US population is white so it's not ridiculous to assume that that was nothing more than coincidence.

reevanson
03-07-2011, 01:36 AM

you claim your posts are not about religion, but it is so clear you hate mormons....thats what it comes down to. you have to right disagree with peoples beliefs but dont go pretending that your acusations of racism are any different that the bigotry you are clearly displaying against a religion.

Anilyzer
03-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Which is obviously what the believe, considering the university was founded on the values of the Mormon religion. Deviating from those values would be embarrassing and enraging for many of their Mormon alumni, I would have to believe.

It IS an issue, because it goes against the school's honor code. He's an admitted violator of the code, which means he's subject to whatever punishment they decide to dish out. I fail to see how this lowers the prestige of the university to anyone but people under 20 and trash. If anything, it shows they are not willing to compromise on their values, which means it should increase the prestige and the pride of their alumni and students. What exactly does Romney "railing" on Obama have to do with race? Just because he's Mormon and Obama is black, that makes it about race? I think you're reading far too much into that one, Romney and Obama are from rival parties and will likely be involved in campaigning against each other this year and next as Obama will be the Democratic Nomination for President and Romney has at least a decent shot at receiving the Republican nod. As for assuming it was a white girl, well, 80% of the US population is white so it's not ridiculous to assume that that was nothing more than coincidence.

I encourage you to do some googling, because on mormon discussion threads right now and elsewhere there is some interesting discussion about this--and the BYU/Utah people are far from unanimous about this issue. I really don't see why we should jump in from afar and say that their policy is totally right on.

And Romney... HAH HAH... I really doubt he'll get the Republican nomination. I'm not going to go into all the politics of it, but yeah. Looking forward to the dog and pony show.

Anilyzer
03-07-2011, 05:03 AM
you claim your posts are not about religion, but it is so clear you hate mormons....thats what it comes down to. you have to right disagree with peoples beliefs but dont go pretending that your acusations of racism are any different that the bigotry you are clearly displaying against a religion.

There's NO WAY you can accuse me of something like that. No way. And anyways, in my estimation, everyone is just "people." I think that's part of the problem here... when I meet someone I don't care if they're buddhist, mormon, scientologist, christian, atheist, jewish, anglican, taoist *whatever*.

Right? Yes I'm generally skeptical of religion, and I stepped into this debate because I didn't like the way BYU seemed to be grandstanding on this issue, that they were sacrificing an NCAA title because of their great morals, meanwhile trashing Brandon Davies reputation and basketball career in the media, based on a charge of "having sex." Meanwhile, Jim McMahon and many other alums are also now stepping forward to say that it is pretty common for infractions of the BYU "honor code". I don't think anyone has stepped forward to say that Brandon Davies is the only unmarried athlete or student having sex at BYU this year. Right? So it's just grandstanding.

"Mormons" or "members" of any religion are all people just like myself. I think we should all be able to ask questions and speak honestly about what it is we supposedly believe... this way we can all be free in our minds and understand what we do or do not believe, and what makes sense for us to believe. Hey, maybe if we put all the hate and division and weird sectarianism behind us, then we could all just be free and get along together, that's how it should be. But I mean if I say that I have a magic unicorn in my basement that grants me wishes or something like that, it's understandable that other people will question me or doubt me. And if they make fun of me, I shouldn't just say "you hate all magic unicorn owners" or something like that.

anyhow, again, no offense. everyone should be friends.

Mudvayne91
03-07-2011, 05:58 PM
anyhow, again, no offense. everyone should be friends. Except if you're from Denver, right?

Anilyzer
03-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Except if you're from Denver, right?

Denver's alright. Not overly fond of the way they run the Nuggets this year, but Denver is fun. Besides, it's not like 1/2 of everybody trashes LA all the time, right? :)

Rocco Gandolfo
03-23-2011, 03:11 PM
First of all It's Brandon Davies. If you dont even know the mans name, how can your anti-mormon rhetoric even have credibility? Second, I am sure many students at BYU are engaging in sexual activity, no one questions that. Brandon Davies TURNED HIMSELF IN. No one ratted him out. Word has it the girl is pregnant. The same thing happened to Harvey Unga last summer. Unga ws BYU's #1 RB. Now was he punished because he was Polynesian? You reach for the ridiculous every time. BYU is a privately owned CHURCH school. No one asks for your opinion on their honor code. No one asked me either, It is an honor code. Air Force has an honor code as well. There are some rules there, and at army and Navy that you wont find anywhere else because they are US military schools. If you attend those universities, you know what you signed up for. Making this about anything other than a violation of school rules is ignorant and shows how uninformed you really are.
Everyone wants "Tolerance" But it seems religious belief and the enforcement of a voluntary policy bring out the intolerace in some.
BTW Brandon Davies practices with the team, travels with the team and fully intends to play with the team next year. he is an awesome kid who would also find your posts ignorant.