PDA

View Full Version : Eddy Curry Bought Out, Available for PostSeason

JoeyDubb23
03-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Eddy curry was bought out Tuesday night by the Timberwolves.
Can join a team and be used for the playoffs.

Anyone out there have interest?

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/211680/Timberwolves_Reach_Buyout_With_Curry

MrfadeawayJB
03-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Let the "Curry to Heat" posts begin.....however that would be a good fit for him

JoeyDubb23
03-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Im a knick fan so i know he has done NOTHING for us for the past 4 years but before that when he was motivated and had a spot he is a beast on the block. If he is half of what he was before he could be a nice role player.

FutureGM
03-02-2011, 01:08 PM
He can wash my car. Thing usually gets dirty near NBA playing time.

Actually scratch that. He'd probably find a way to **** that up too.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-02-2011, 01:10 PM
He can wash my car. Thing usually gets dirty near NBA playing time.

Actually scratch that. He'd probably find a way to **** that up too.

haha, that was good

:clap:

Seventh King
03-02-2011, 01:14 PM
There are probably some open spots for him to do Subway adds or something.

NYY09
03-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Don't be so sure, he might have plans to go on a romantic cruise with his new limo driver.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-02-2011, 01:24 PM
You mean the Eddy Curry that has played in 10 games since the 07-08 season. Yea I can definitely see a contending team drooling for his services.

He's done. Won't even be offered a minimum contract in the offseason. Such a waste.

Edit: After looking at his stats, I just noticed that during the 09-10 season, he averaged 2 turnovers a game while only playing an 8 minute average.

BigBlueCrew
03-02-2011, 01:25 PM
there must be a pie eating contest somewhere

magichatnumber9
03-02-2011, 01:26 PM
As a GM you would be stupid not to go fly out to where he is and interview him. He is an inside presence that could help you. But then again he could still be fat, lazy and not give a ****. But you still have to check

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-02-2011, 01:28 PM
His place is not in the NBA.

Gideon
03-02-2011, 01:37 PM
I think he ends up on the Celtics or the Magic.

tdunk21
03-02-2011, 01:51 PM
read a rumor that celtics were tryng to get him...not sure if its legit....

koreancabbage
03-02-2011, 01:59 PM
he's a washed up player... not even a legit rotation player anymore. except in blow-outs.

joeym
03-02-2011, 02:08 PM
As a GM you would be stupid not to go fly out to where he is and interview him. He is an inside presence that could help you. But then again he could still be fat, lazy and not give a ****. But you still have to check

Yeah I agree...I wonder what Curry is doing now....he certainly is an inside presence...probably even more of one than we even realize...

sep11ie
03-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Curry should be welcomed on any young team. Show the rookies exactly what not to do.

ElMarroAfamado
03-02-2011, 02:18 PM
He should go to The Heat

8lllllD
03-02-2011, 02:32 PM
sooooooooooooooooo....i literally forgot why he's not even playing anymore...or is he... someone please explain

haggis
03-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I wonder what Curry is doing now...

eating a cheeseburger

kjdills13
03-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Anyone who says he wouldnt be of service is foolish. There are tons of 7 footers that are in the league bc they are 7 feet. A title contender WILL pick him up.

Top 5 Eddy Curry landing spots

Lakers- Need a backup center and he would fit good in there system, if he could return to half of what he used to be thats great pickup.

Hawks- With Curry it would give them more chances to play horford at the 4, and smith at the 5. If Curry who will be MOTIVATED ( contract year) can do decent thas a good spot.

Heat- wouldnt be a defensive minded center they need but could be a big body that could back people down which they dont have.

Celtics- There just piling on as many players as they can. A rotation of shaq, curry, and oneil at the C is a big group of guys.

Rockets- THe rockets need a big guy in the middle, and if curry turned out to be a bang not bust that would drasticly improve there offense.

jonline87
03-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Maybe he can clean up all the dirty, semen-filled towels lying around my house.

twoearl
03-02-2011, 02:59 PM

This and This alone. A contending team can do MUCH better than Curry. I'd go sign Alonzo mourning before I would even think about Curry...

trini_knickfan
03-02-2011, 03:04 PM

he might pull a muscle doing that...we don't want that happening :rolleyes:

therealwd27
03-02-2011, 03:10 PM
he might pull a muscle doing that...we don't want that happening :rolleyes:

People in here need to realize curry can ball. iD take him on the heat in a heart beat. hes been with Tim Grover since Feb 23rd working out, In 07-08 HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTER WERE FOUND MURDERED of courseeeee he will fall off wouldnt you??? he hasnt played since then, hes never been on a team with a leader or vets to tell him how to be and keep him in check. As a HEAT fan ill take him.

ILMindState
03-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Im a knick fan so i know he has done NOTHING for us for the past 4 years but before that when he was motivated and had a spot he is a beast on the block. If he is half of what he was before he could be a nice role player.

It's a shame he was a beast on the Bulls too. Waste of talent.

FutureGM
03-02-2011, 03:16 PM

No man or sub-human being (ala Curry) should ever have to be exposed to that.

Klivlend
03-02-2011, 03:17 PM

You suck. Worst post. Get a life. Get a girlfriend.

jonline87
03-02-2011, 03:19 PM

I guess you didn't catch the reference.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regional/item_eqLHyQnlJs1WiApk7E3uKO

Heater4life
03-02-2011, 03:20 PM
People in here need to realize curry can ball. iD take him on the heat in a heart beat. hes been with Tim Grover since Feb 23rd working out, In 07-08 HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTER WERE FOUND MURDERED of courseeeee he will fall off wouldnt you??? he hasnt played since then, hes never been on a team with a leader or vets to tell him how to be and keep him in check. As a HEAT fan ill take him.

I'd give him a shot next year. Give him time to get into shape if that's what he truly wants. Now regarding his wife and daughter I didn't know about that. Wow! That's rough, that can throw any man into some hardcore depression, even more so playing for an underachieving knicks squad with no role model to console you. Murdered wife and daughter, that's rough. Shows you how cold we all are. Who knows what's gone through that guys head.

therealwd27
03-02-2011, 03:27 PM
I'd give him a shot next year. Give him time to get into shape if that's what he truly wants. Now regarding his wife and daughter I didn't know about that. Wow! That's rough, that can throw any man into some hardcore depression, even more so playing for an underachieving knicks squad with no role model to console you. Murdered wife and daughter, that's rough. Shows you how cold we all are. Who knows what's gone through that guys head.

i agree with you. But with Vets Like Juwan,Big Z. Also Riley in the front office, Lebron being his close friend, i think he would work hard and do well with Heat. Maybe he gets in shape soon, I hope so, I like pulling for people like that. And your right knicks had no one to help him, the Miami Heat are a FAMILY. its what he needs, hes already told people hes going to be on Miami within a week, link below.

Eddy Curry: The Minnesota Timberwolves granted center Eddy Curry his release and he went immediately to long-time trainer Tim Grover in Chicago to get himself into "playing shape."

Curry told people close to him that he'd be joining the Miami HEAT in the coming week.

There is no doubting Curry's issues… he has been injury plagued and massively overweight and out of shape for the last two seasons. However you can't ignore that in 2007-2008 he averaged 13.2 points and 4.7 rebounds per games on 25.9 minutes of playing time, his last meaningful minutes in three years.

Curry has never been a favorite of Knicks' coach Mike D'Antoni, so how much does Curry have left in the tank if given a fresh start and an opportunity to play?

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?STORY_ID=18939#ixzz1FTKSsM56

allSUAVE
03-02-2011, 03:27 PM
he deserve no shot.. made all that money and spending it on food

therealwd27
03-02-2011, 03:28 PM
sorry I only meant to put the part where it starts with Eddy Curry in bold thats the quote from the site, but above that is me

Klivlend
03-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I guess you didn't catch the reference.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regional/item_eqLHyQnlJs1WiApk7E3uKO

O wow. My bad, sorry dude. I feel like a ******* now.

Badluck33
03-02-2011, 03:32 PM
:cricket:

abe_froman
03-02-2011, 03:32 PM
may god have mercy on the souls of the poor fans of whatever team picks him up

allSUAVE
03-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Man ..I'm mad you brought this guy up .he should do 50 years for the money he stole from my Knicks and did **** but talk ...

Steve Kerr
03-02-2011, 03:46 PM
I can't believe he took the buyout. No other team is going to give him any money. I would have sat on the contract eating cheeseburgers if I were him.

Curry is horrible, fat and Lazy.

godolphins
03-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Alex Kennedy: Eddy Curry is telling those close to him that he'll eventually sign with the Miami Heat. He has to sign before final day of regular season.

Whether this is wishful thinking or genuine interest from Miami remains to be seen. For now, Curry is working with Tim Grover in Chicago.

Jemikz9Clutch
03-02-2011, 03:53 PM
^ everybody, even washed up players, is interested going to the heat.

Shmontaine
03-02-2011, 03:57 PM
i hope miami does pick him up, because they'll have to drop someone to do it, and that person cut will undoubtedly be be better than EC... I don't see miami doing this... he needs more time to get ready to play any nba game, let alone play on an elite team in a championship hunt... timing, chemistry, conditioning are all things that will hamper his return to anything meaningful..

therealwd27
03-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Alex Kennedy: Eddy Curry is telling those close to him that he'll eventually sign with the Miami Heat. He has to sign before final day of regular season.

Whether this is wishful thinking or genuine interest from Miami remains to be seen. For now, Curry is working with Tim Grover in Chicago.

Thats great news, he will be in shape by then. In Grover WE TRUST lol also in Riley. But he will be in shape and ready to play. This time with a close knit organization and vetern and vocal leaders. Good front office. Lets go

I cant want to see a team like this
PG-BIBBY/CHALMERS/HOUSE
SG-WADE/MILLER
SF-LEBRON/JONES
PF-BOSH/HASLEM/JUWAN
C-CURRY/DAMP/ BIG Z/JOEL

GeekInThePink
03-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Eddy Curry could be a solid pick up for most teams looking for a depth center. He's only 29, and a few years removed from some really good seasons. Let him get in shape this summer and see what happens, I still think he has NBA player talent.

sep11ie
03-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Thats great news, he will be in shape by then. In Grover WE TRUST lol also in Riley. But he will be in shape and ready to play. This time with a close knit organization and vetern and vocal leaders. Good front office. Lets go

PG-BIBBY/CHALMERS/HOUSE
SG-WADE/MILLER
SF-LEBRON/JONES
PF-BOSH/HASLEM/JUWAN
C-CURRY/DAMP/ BIG Z/JOEL

Damn you'd have some good bigs... 5 years ago.

Tarheels23
03-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Curry should be viewed as 6 fouls against Dwight in the playoffs, and nothing more.

Sadly, that provides him with some value.

therealwd27
03-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Damn you'd have some good bigs... 5 years ago.

4 Decent Bigs who can rebound and defend better then 1 wait damn my bad chuck hayes is what 5'11? lol..and oohhh yea Thabeet oh wait 110lbs? damn sorry..

youll see, curry is still young

godolphins
03-02-2011, 04:05 PM
i hope miami does pick him up, because they'll have to drop someone to do it, and that person cut will undoubtedly be be better than EC... I don't see miami doing this... he needs more time to get ready to play any nba game, let alone play on an elite team in a championship hunt... timing, chemistry, conditioning are all things that will hamper his return to anything meaningful..

Jamal Magloire and Juwan Howard are horrible

therealwd27
03-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Jamal Magloire and Juwan Howard are horrible

I agree 100% but Juwan is a vocal vetern leader we need in the locker room come playoff time, Jamaal would def be released...and if Curry is in shape it is def a good addition to the HEAT

Lakeshow86
03-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Is he even healthy enough to play? I thought he was hurt? If hes healthy I for sure would want him. When hes was healthy he was pretty solid. Even scored 20 points Avg one season. He would be a good backup for Bynum considering the only backup bigmen we have are old Joe Smith and rookie Caracter who are both not centers but Power forwards

metsfanssince05
03-02-2011, 04:38 PM
tisk tisk. And I thought he was going to be the next Dwight Howard, turns out he was the next Manuel Uribe.

Iron24th
03-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Eddy Curry? I hope he can do something else than the NBA.

Jemikz9Clutch
03-02-2011, 05:05 PM

PG-BIBBY/CHALMERS/HOUSE
SG-WADE/MILLER
SF-LEBRON/JONES
PF-BOSH/HASLEM/JUWAN
C-CURRY/DAMP/ BIG Z/JOEL

dude stop it. getting in shape wont happen overnight. even if he gets a spot i doubt he will have a lot of playing time.

Jemikz9Clutch
03-02-2011, 05:08 PM
4 Decent Bigs who can rebound and defend better then 1 wait damn my bad chuck hayes is what 5'11? lol..and oohhh yea Thabeet oh wait 110lbs? damn sorry..

joel anthony? big z? :facepalm:

danniboi168
03-02-2011, 05:22 PM
eddy curry doesn't deserve money, he should just be homeless.

Lim
03-02-2011, 05:29 PM

even if he wasn't joking how does masturbating mean he has no life? or a girlfriend? LMAO

Lim
03-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Curry should be viewed as 6 fouls against Dwight in the playoffs, and nothing more.

Sadly, that provides him with some value.

u just described shaq!

Iron24th
03-02-2011, 05:53 PM
eddy curry doesn't deserve money, he should just be homeless.

:facepalm:

sep11ie
03-02-2011, 07:11 PM

Yea, he's young and still fat. Lazy people get more fat with age.

Who are your 4 decent bigs now?

Jonathan2323
03-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Eddy Curry is an unemployed winner.

goose15
03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
how about the Generals.. you know the team that always plays the Globetrotters..

Crackadalic
03-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Eddy curry makes Brooke Lopez a superstar the way he rebounds. He hasnt played in almost 2 years. You think he will help a contender? Give me Bill Russell at his current age then Eddy" I eat Burgers" Curry

Lakers4ItAll
03-02-2011, 09:57 PM
A big body is a big body, he will get a job. Hell if it comes down to him or nothing I would take him on the bench for the Lakers