PDA

View Full Version : If New York wins tonight? Where do they rank in the east?

shep33
03-01-2011, 04:10 PM
That would be two quality wins on the road in Florida. Dont know how they're gonna stop D12, but if they do win where would they rank in the Eastern Conference, not based on standings but on which teams you think they could beat in a series?

justinnum1
03-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Probably #6

redwhitenblue
03-01-2011, 04:12 PM
It'd be a quality win, but ORL has been struggling a bit. I don't see it increasing their stock that much.

They could go 20-5 (or however many games they have left) and I still don't think it changes that much on my opinion of the team as a whole unless some of their underlying stats suddenly change.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 04:13 PM
#1, obviously.

cubswin25
03-01-2011, 04:15 PM
That would be two quality wins on the road in Florida. Dont know how they're gonna stop D12, but if they do win where would they rank in the Eastern Conference, not based on standings but on which teams you think they could beat in a series?

6th still. Two wins means nothing, just like losing to the Cavs didn't mean they were a terrible team.

abe_froman
03-01-2011, 04:16 PM
#1, obviously.

ha! yeah totally

but seriously,6th

lvlheaded
03-01-2011, 04:17 PM
6th still. Two wins means nothing, just like losing to the Cavs didn't mean they were a terrible team.

This. A win tonight would be great, but it doesnt automatically make them an "elite" team. They will get there eventually, but they arent there yet.

That said, its nice to get to post before this thread turns very very ugly.

clydebino
Since they lost to the Cavs but heat and might beat the magic... That lost to the Cavs cancels everything out and they will be at 7th seed

Kashmir13579
i seriously doubt that they win tonight. but thats why they play the games. i'd still rank them 5th or 6th either way.

mjqusoldier
03-01-2011, 04:21 PM
I have them about equal with the Bulls and the Magic. Knicks already handled the Bulls pretty easily and thats without Melo so....

The L Train
03-01-2011, 04:22 PM

Whether they win tonight or not, they could beat any team in a 7 game series. They have two of the top 5 scorers in the league, a Finals MVP, and Fields who is the clear choice for rookie of the year(Griffin will win it but he's not a true rookie). Plus their bench is better than people think. The Knicks shouldn't be afraid of any team in a 7 game series.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I have them about equal with the Bulls and the Magic. Knicks already handled the Bulls pretty easily and thats without Melo so....

:facepalm:Does that also mean they are equal to the Cavs?

Another reason to hate ignorant New York fans.

In all seriousness. I have the Knicks in the 5-7 seed range.

Celtics
Bulls
Heat
Magic
Hawks
Knicks
who cares

abe_froman
03-01-2011, 04:25 PM

the make up of your team is different.you traded away many pieces that were huge in those wins,so outcome is probably different as well bulls werent fully healthy in those matchups...

besides the fact it isnt the best way to rank teams,as i can just as easily point to your losses to the cavs and going by your argument,your logic your saying your as bad as the cavs..or worse...yeah,see not really the best process is it?

chitown815
03-01-2011, 04:26 PM
No, the Knicks are the greatest team ever, tonight does not matter they can lose every game they are the best, carmelo and amare are basketball gods, and billups is still a top pg,

redwhitenblue
03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Whether they win tonight or not, they could beat any team in a 7 game series. They have two of the top 5 scorers in the league, a Finals MVP, and Fields who is the clear choice for rookie of the year(Griffin will win it but he's not a true rookie). Plus their bench is better than people think. The Knicks shouldn't be afraid of any team in a 7 game series.
There's also this John Wall guy. Landry Fields clear choice? Really?

Cano4prez
03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
6th..

cubswin25
03-01-2011, 04:28 PM

Did both Boozer an Noah play those games? You realize the Bobcats beat the Bulls twice this season too in games Boozer and or Noah didn't play in. Did that mean they were better then the Bulls? Also the guys who were traded for Melo were huge parts of the reason the Knicks beat the Bulls in those games. So you can't pretend those guys are still around plus you got Melo. So sorry but these theories are stupid.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I go by record, it's the only fair way. So Knicks are equal to the Sixers and Pacers and other .500 teams.

New-look Knicks are 5 days old, its presumptuous of anybody to suggest they're equal to the Bulls or Magic, who have EARNED their rankings spot this season.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-01-2011, 04:30 PM
The bigger question is..."if the Knicks get blown out tonight how bad are they?"

The Magic aren't even having that great of a year.

chitown815
03-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Record does not matter carmelo is the greatest player ever, amare would be the clear 2 and billups is the most clutch pg ever, they should just get a first round bye

ManRam
03-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Orlando is so fickle. Win or lose, my opinion on them stays the same: they won't get out of the first round.

magichatnumber9
03-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Ny can only go as far as Landry Fields takes them.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I hate it when Spike Lee comes on PSD and starts Knicks threads.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Longshot here, but I'm gonna guess 6???

Flash3
03-01-2011, 04:36 PM

john wall ? demarcus cousins ?

chitown815
03-01-2011, 04:38 PM
it is so weird how after pathetic defense in a narrow Bucks win, and then horrible defense in Cavs loss, they get a win where the Heat just collapsed at the end, and the fanbase just thinks they have gold

DaBear
03-01-2011, 04:39 PM
5th. I think they can beat ATL in the playoffs.

Bornknick73
03-01-2011, 04:42 PM
:facepalm:Does that also mean they are equal to the Cavs?

Another reason to hate ignorant New York fans.

In all seriousness. I have the Knicks in the 5-7 seed range.

Celtics
Bulls
Heat
Magic
Hawks
Knicks
who cares

"Yes...I can feel your anger, take your weapon, strike me down with all your hatred and your journey towards the Dark Side will be complete"

smith&wesson
03-01-2011, 04:44 PM
it would mean good things for chemistry, but it is still only one game. but i must say the knicks look like they are rolling..

redwhitenblue
03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
it would mean good things for chemistry, but it is still only one game. but i must say the knicks look like they are rolling..
They've won 1 game in a row.

Really rolling.

gbombx19
why is it bulls fans who are always the ones gtn upset over knick threads and saying how we arent good. looks like we got their attention. lol i would be scared too if i were a bulls fan. u guys better lose some games on purpose to avoid playing us in the first round.

Shammyguy3
I hate it when Spike Lee comes on PSD and starts Knicks threads.
:laugh2: The Knicks are the 6th best team in the East. They aren't better than the Celtics/Heat/Bulls/Magic/Hawks. I see all of those teams winning a 7-game series, and that's all that matters.

The Knicks have no depth, have hardly any defense to speak of, have a coach that doesn't know how to coach well enough in the playoffs either.... they aren't that good.

D Roses Bulls
03-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Obviously Number 1 especially on PSD with all the New York threads that have been shoved down our throats the past week and yes, melo is the best player in the world and billups is the best pg in the NBA.

Chi StateOfMind
03-01-2011, 04:46 PM

wow what a ****** ur a basketball genius

meloman1592
03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
It wouldn't make the knicks elite but they would be viewed as a very scary team to play against come playoff time

Gloucester
03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
If the Knicks win tonight, it'll tell me that contending teams aren't taking the Knicks seriously enough.

clydebino
03-01-2011, 04:48 PM
i hate it when spike lee comes on psd and starts knicks threads.
lmao:laugh:

redwhitenblue
why is it bulls fans who are always the ones gtn upset over knick threads and saying how we arent good. looks like we got their attention. lol i would be scared too if i were a bulls fan. u guys better lose some games on purpose to avoid playing us in the first round.
It's not just Bulls fans, it's been fans of all the other teams.

"Knicks are on a roll!" after losing to the worst team and beating the best team. On a 1 game winning streak.

"Billups is the greatest 4th quarter PG in the NBA!"

"Our defense isn't bad, we're just so fast-paced!"

dnewguy
Celts
Heat
Magic
Hawks

That's the final four IMO....all the rest are regular season teams and it doesn't matter anyways.

gbombx19
03-01-2011, 04:49 PM
u say we beat u when u didnt have noah and boozer. u had one each in each game so dont exaggerate. plus we didnt have melo in either game and still won. knicks in 6 games. no doubt about it

gbombx19
03-01-2011, 04:51 PM

"Knicks are on a roll!" after losing to the worst team and beating the best team. On a 1 game winning streak.

look at all the criticism in here. its bulls fans. proof is in the pudding.by the way billups is the best 4th quarter pg in the nba. mr bigshot baby. not lkie drose getting benched when toney douglas was lighting him up

chitown815
03-01-2011, 04:52 PM
u say we beat u when u didnt have noah and boozer. u had one each in each game so dont exaggerate. plus we didnt have melo in either game and still won. knicks in 6 games. no doubt about it

The team that beat "us" is now called the Denver Nuggets

dnewguy
03-01-2011, 04:52 PM

Lets be honest with ourselves, the Bulls are like the Utah Jazz....they will get the regular season wins but I honestly think they're not as good as NY or another contender in the east when it comes down to it.

redwhitenblue
03-01-2011, 04:53 PM
look at all the criticism in here. its bulls fans. proof is in the pudding.by the way billups is the best 4th quarter pg in the nba. mr bigshot baby. not lkie drose getting benched when toney douglas was lighting him up
Rose didn't get benched, our coach is just smart and realized we had a bigger game the very next day against Boston. When you're losing big, it's smart to take out the star player when you have a bigger game to play the next day.

ManRam
nevermind

This has already turned into the idiotic **** storm everything turns into. I'll refrain. Great work guys :rolleyes:

The Jokemaker
If they win tonight, best team in the league without a doubt. Knicks '11 Finals Champs!

D1JM
i think they will still be in 6th place.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 04:54 PM

:laugh:

There's way too many pathetic Knicks fans on PSD now. They think just because they got Melo and Billups that suddenly they're a great team. No thinking past that point at all.

just 3 stars = great team

ewing
I'd say there about on par with the 86 celtics

bovice163
Lets be honest with ourselves, the Bulls are like the Utah Jazz....they will get the regular season wins but I honestly think they're not as good as NY or another contender in the east when it comes down to it.

There's a reason why nobody cares what you think.

D1JM
If they win tonight, best team in the league without a doubt. Knicks '11 Finals Champs!

they might get their own index on espn

Bornknick73
I smell fear...

redwhitenblue
03-01-2011, 04:55 PM
The Utah Jazz never played defense like the Bulls do.

They were consistently middle of the pack defensively.

redwhitenblue
03-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I smell fear...
So do I, it's from the fan base asking where people think they'll be ranked if they win a single regular season game.

"Will you guys think we're good now?" :(

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 04:56 PM

let's be honest with ourselves...your team is under .500 against teams over .500, can't beat celtics, can't beat bulls. There's absolutely no reason for you to be talking right now.

cubswin25
03-01-2011, 04:58 PM

:facepalm: or actually :clap:for being a idiot. When did the Jazz ever have a PG score 25 PPG and be the favorite for the MVP? Who's the SF on the Jazz giving them almost 18 PPG game? Or a C like Noah who will get you 12/13 PPG and 12 rebound per game? Or when were the Jazz one of the best defensive teams in the league? Just because they had Boozer and best player was their PG, doesn't make the Bulls anything like the Jazz. You realize there's a lot of crappy teams of the past I could compare the Knicks too as well right?

gbombx19
03-01-2011, 04:58 PM
I smell fear...

i agree. nothing but fear. im a knick fan that moved to this knock off of new york called chicago and the bulls fans here know they dont want the knicks. much like the bears didnt want the packers.

jiggin
03-01-2011, 04:59 PM
last...now can we get some non Heat/Knicks/Boston threads in the general NBA forum...or has the main NBA forum turned into the above teams forums?

If it were any other team, it would be moved to their own forums for discussion.

Uhhhgg...PSD mods, bowing to the masses.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 04:59 PM
i agree. nothing but fear. im a knick fan that moved to this knock off of new york called chicago and the bulls fans here know they dont want the knicks. much like the bears didnt want the packers.

this guy is my new favorite poster

D Roses Bulls
03-01-2011, 05:00 PM
let's be honest with ourselves...your team is under .500 against teams over .500, can't beat celtics, can't beat bulls. There's absolutely no reason for you to be talking right now.

get em boy...... :clap:

cubswin25

Would I rather have the 76ers in the first round? Sure why not? They are a lesser team. But the Knicks are a average team, nothing the Bulls or fans should fear. Especially with home court advantage.

THE_G.O.A.T.
"Yes...I can feel your anger, take your weapon, strike me down with all your hatred and your journey towards the Dark Side will be complete"

Thats the gayest **** I've ever read.

ManRam
03-01-2011, 05:01 PM
last...now can we get some non Heat/Knicks/Boston threads in the general NBA forum...or has the main NBA forum turned into the above teams forums?

If it were any other team, it would be moved to their own forums for discussion.

Uhhhgg...PSD mods, bowing to the masses.

It's really pathetic. I'm glad I'm not a Heat, Bulls or now a Knicks fan...I wouldn't want all these clowns making a bad name for my fan base. This forum has become unbearable because of these posters. It's terrible. Nearly impossible to find intelligent conversation here. It's just a bunch of *****ing, moaning and flaming.

I used to think Laker fans were bad...oh boy was I wrong.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Would I rather have the 76ers in the first round? Sure why not? They are a lesser team. But the Knicks are a average team, nothing the Bulls or fans should fear. Especially with home court advantage.

Exactly. Bulls fans never feared the Nuggets, why should we fear the Knicks?

Bulls fans fear...the Spurs, the Celtics, the Lakers. You know, actual good teams.

DaBear
03-01-2011, 05:03 PM
I want the Knicks in the first round.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:04 PM
It's really pathetic. I'm glad I'm not a Heat, Bulls or now a Knicks fan...I wouldn't want all these clowns making a bad name for my fan base. This forum has become unbearable because of these posters. It's terrible. Nearly impossible to find intelligent conversation here. It's just a bunch of *****ing, moaning and flaming.

What are we gonna do, dude? It's too late, the flood gates have opened.

I expect the knicks fans to come back down to earth some time soon and hopefully then things will calm down around here. I've seen some great Knicks fans here but for every one of those there's about 20 idiot knicks fans

Flash3
03-01-2011, 05:05 PM

and you guys cant beat new york :clap:

THE_G.O.A.T.
How did I know this would turn into a Bulls hatred thread.

D Roses Bulls

man I wish we all could be so humble, but for real..... It's psd. I mean this isn't high school, no one should care what others think of your teams fan base or you personally. I mean we all go by fake names on here, and will probably never ever meet one another in person. so i dont think the majority on here care what others think of them.

GSwarriors4LIFE
A win against Orlando proves nothing!!! The magic are not the same team from previous years and three games into the new look knicks I already put them infront of Dwight and the magic.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:06 PM

:p

chitown815

neither can you :clap:

bovice163
What are we gonna do, dude? It's too late, the flood gates have opened.

I expect the knicks fans to come back down to earth some time soon and hopefully then things will calm down around here. I've seen some great Knicks fans here but for every one of those there's about 20 idiot knicks fans

With the little amount that it took them to feel all high and mighty, I don't see them coming back down to Earth anytime soon. Hopefully if we get them in the playoffs in the first round, they'll shut up until sometime next season.

redwhitenblue
Because that's where the true fear is.

"How can we lose to a team with only one superstar! We have two!"

D Roses Bulls
03-01-2011, 05:07 PM

and you guys cant either as well as chicago, boston, dallas, and pretty much any team over 500. ;)

Oldmantrash
03-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm hoping they things stay the same,a Bull-Knicks first round series should be a good one.

If the season started now,i think they would get 4th.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:08 PM
With the little amount that it took them to feel all high and mighty, I don't see them coming back down to Earth anytime soon. Hopefully if we get them in the playoffs in the first round, they'll shut up until sometime next season.

the sad thing is, the good and knowledgeable knicks fans aren't the ones talking so much in this forum. It's the idiot knicks fans who think cuz they got melo they're the best team in the world right now, they're the ones mostly posting in here.

THE_G.O.A.T.

You guys can't beat the Cavs

gbombx19
drose is a nice player but people seem to forget he never won a playoff series. do u guys remember gettin spanked by the knicks twice this year. u bulls fans need to stop being delusional and stop listening to knick haters such as barkley and jon barry

Mile High Champ
Orlando is going to win by 15 tonight..

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
drose is a nice player but people seem to forget he never won a playoff series.

stop, you're killing me. Good jokes man, good jokes...

OG "Dee" LOCc
03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
everyones mad because knicks are scary :'(

Flash3
03-01-2011, 05:10 PM
neither can you :clap:

we beat them already :clap:

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:10 PM
It's a good time to be a Lakers fan, I think. Theyre just watching all this mayhem silently, laughing at all of us.

Flash3
03-01-2011, 05:11 PM
and you guys cant either as well as chicago, boston, dallas, and pretty much any team over 500. ;)

and you guys cant beat anyone on the road even toronto :clap:

redwhitenblue
03-01-2011, 05:11 PM
drose is a nice player but people seem to forget he never won a playoff series. do u guys remember gettin spanked by the knicks twice this year. u bulls fans need to stop being delusional and stop listening to knick haters such as barkley and jon barry
It's his 3rd season :laugh2:

Melo didn't win a playoff series until his 6th time in.

Knicks are clearly the #1 seed. I don't know how any other team believes they can compete against such fierce scoring, non-defense playing, playoff failures like Melo.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-01-2011, 05:12 PM

Wasn't John Starks and Charles Oakley on the Knicks the last time they made the playoffs?

Sportfan
4th. Behind Celtics, Heat, Bulls

Flash3
You guys can't beat the Cavs

already spanked them twice wtf are you talking about ?

ManRam
The Magic need to do this forum a favor and beat the Knicks, Heat and Bulls these next three games. Maybe there will be some room to speak about something else for once if that happens.

It won't, because we're way too fickle, but we can all dream...

redwhitenblue
03-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Road record slowly going up.

They have 3 very tough road games the next 3 games that will really test their road potential (ATL, ORL, MIA). As of now, the Bulls have the 4th best road record in the East (behind MIA, ATL and BOS, tied with ORL)

chitown815

not lately, and the Celts and Bulls own you

cubswin25

The Knicks were always the Bulls b i t c h in the 90s. So Knicks fans are still bitter over that, and trying to pretend they still aren't there ***** in 2011 and beyond. D-Rose, Boozer, Noah and Deng will beating the Knicks in the playoffs just like MJ, Pippen and Grant/Rodman did. Carmelo/Amare will continue to lose in the playoffs, just like Ewing, Houston/Starks, Anthony Mason/Larry Johnson and Oakley did. Honestly for Knicks fans it should be better to be the Bulls ***** again, then Isiah Thomas bad experiment.

gbombx19

stop, you're killing me. Good jokes man, good jokes...

i wish there were some logical bulls fans in here. its like the stupid bear fans who thought their team was great even thought they had 3 bullsh*t wins. you will come back down to earth. mark my words. think logically please. y do u come in knick threads and bash dem. ur obviuosly threatened.

D Roses Bulls
03-01-2011, 05:14 PM

hey, at least were 500. on the road. what's your winning percentage against the top teams? whats your winning percentage against the western conference? do you really wanna go there?

Rose-For-Prez
Cant we all just get along

Da Knicks
:laugh2::catfight:Love all the mature posters in here!

Flash3
03-01-2011, 05:15 PM
not lately, and the Celts and Bulls own you

dont worry you will get spanked when take your talents to south beach

ChitownSports16

I thought for some reason that Melo past the 1st round once out of the 6 or 7 times hes been in the Playoffs???
:facepalm:

THE_G.O.A.T.
already spanked them twice wtf are you talking about ?

I'm talking about the Knicks dickcheese. The Heat? Didn't the Bulls spank the Heat twice this year already? Oh yeah they did.....sit down *******.

redwhitenblue
03-01-2011, 05:16 PM
i wish there were some logical bulls fans in here. its like the stupid bear fans who thought their team was great even thought they had 3 bullsh*t wins. you will come back down to earth. mark my words. think logically please. y do u come in knick threads and bash dem. ur obviuosly threatened.
Bull **** wins or not, they were the 2nd best NFC team.

And as pointed out, your big acquisition failed to get past the first round 5 straight times and then against last year. That's not good.

gbombx19
It's his 3rd season :laugh2:

Knicks are clearly the #1 seed. I don't know how any other team believes they can compete against such fierce scoring, non-defense playing, playoff failures like Melo.
stop relying on espn for ur bball knowledge. noone ever spoke of melos d until he wanted to be traded. he can play d. watch sundays game wen he locked up lebron. drose is not a good defensive player. batum even said it

Flash3
hey, at least were 500. on the road. what's your winning percentage against the top teams? whats your winning percentage against the western conference? do you really wanna go there?

alot of the losses came early in the season when we were still gelling..

chitown815
dont worry you will get spanked when take your talents to south beach

the season series is done sunday will just be a sweep

redwhitenblue
I'm talking about the Knicks dickcheese. The Heat? Didn't the Bulls spank the Heat twice this year already? Oh yeah they did.....sit down *******.
Stop name-calling like a child.

ChitownSports16
03-01-2011, 05:17 PM

So now this is a Bears forum!?? just few more another :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

bovice163
03-01-2011, 05:18 PM
My brain hurts just reading some of these comments...

redwhitenblue
stop relying on espn for ur bball knowledge. noone ever spoke of melos d until he wanted to be traded. he can play d. watch sundays game wen he locked up lebron. drose is not a good defensive player. batum even said it
Really?

Because every time there's been discussion about best NBA players, it's pointed out that Melo doesn't play D. Melo consistently gave up the lane when he was driven on, he got bailed out by Stoudemire and (christ, I can't believe I have to say this) a missed foul.

D Rose isn't a great defensive player, but he's good, and his team is great.

THE_G.O.A.T.
alot of the losses came early in the season when we were still gelling..

terms like "gelling" are things people say when they know they are wrong about something.

SteBO
03-01-2011, 05:22 PM
terms like "gelling" are things people say when they know they are wrong about something.
What the hell are you talking about? It's reality, whether you want to accept it or not. Flash3 aint lyin.

cubswin25
03-01-2011, 05:24 PM
and you guys cant beat anyone on the road even toronto

:facepalm:

Bulls are 15-13 on the road, and the only reason it's not better is because they don't always show up for games against bad or average teams. That's why they have loses to Raptors, Nets, 76ers, Bobcats and Warriors. If they win say four of those games they have a good road record and 1st seed in the East right now. So that's why you got to look why they have the record then the actual record. I bet they beat just as many above 500 teams on the road as the Heat have. Personally I rather have my team show they can beat the elite teams and not showing up against some bad teams here and there. Then beating up on all the crap teams, and losing to all the elite teams like the Heat do.

knicksfan42
03-01-2011, 05:24 PM

I don't know how any other team believes they can compete against such fierce scoring, non-defense playing, playoff failures like Melo and Stoudemire.

Well the Bulls sure couldn't.

:laugh: As for playoff failures Melo has led his team to the playoffs every year, before him the Nuggets hadn't made the playoffs in 9 seasons. He also made it to the Western Conference Finals. Amare's team went to the Conference Finals three times. Billups is a Finals MVP and Detroit dominated the league when Billups was there. Anyone who believes Melo and Amare are playoff failures is flat out dumb and has no discernible knowledge of the NBA.

CostanzaNumba0
03-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Really?

Because every time there's been discussion about best NBA players, it's pointed out that Melo doesn't play D. Melo consistently gave up the lane when he was driven on, he got bailed out by Stoudemire and (christ, I can't believe I have to say this) a missed foul.

D Rose isn't a great defensive player, but he's good, and his team is great.

how could u possibly call a team great that hasnt won ANYTHING since 1998? The celtics are the only great team in the east,, bulls fans on here need to stop talking so much,, the knicks are relevant for the first time since the early 2000's, i dont think they can win a championship yet but lets not act like anyone wants to face them, anytime a team has the best scorer on the floor theyre a threat to beat ANYONE, and thats the case wtih the knicks when they play anyone not named OKC

JDMVP
03-01-2011, 05:25 PM
I think this is the time were standings or rankings wont matter cause the EAST right now anybody can beat anybody

DROSE4MVP
03-01-2011, 05:26 PM
My god this forum is pathetic...

redwhitenblue
03-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Well the Bulls sure couldn't.

:laugh: As for playoff failures Melo has led his team to the playoffs every year, before him the Nuggets hadn't made the playoffs in 9 seasons. He also made it to the Western Conference Finals. Amare's team went to the Conference Finals three times. Billups is a Finals MVP and Detroit dominated the league when Billups was there. Anyone who believes Melo and Amare are playoff failures is flat out dumb and has no discernible knowledge of the NBA.
I took Stoudemire out after reading the playoff-failure part, that's fairly pointed at Melo.

Getting to the playoffs isn't that big of a thing, failing to get past the first round 6 out of 7 times is awful.

You should get Ron Harper, he was the PG of a great team that was awesome in the playoffs and dominated the NBA for a few years.....also, his best years are also well past.

gotoHcarolina52
03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
I think this is the time were standings or rankings wont matter cause the EAST right now anybody can beat anybody

Exactly. Let's go Philly!!!!!!

HeaTxRipZz
would definitely be a quality win but I still wanted rank them over Bulls, Celtics, Heat, Magic & Hawks until the knicks fill out the roster with solid role players and really prove themselves outside of just 4 games played

All the cocky fans need to wake up a bit. NYK is far from an elite team. The stars are in place but it takes much more than just a big 2 or big 3 to be an elite team. That's why the James Poseys, The Robert Horrys, The Dennis Rodmans, Steve Kerrs were always so important because role players round things out and help in important times.

Crackadalic
We do have a bench. JJ2 Leon Powe and Derrick Brown is our defensive players and are gonna help our bring a ring this year:rolleyes:

All seriousness were not elite yet. Next year no doubt. I like our chances getting out of the 1st round now then before the trade

Lets win 20 straight games first before we start talking:D

Pierzynski4Prez
03-01-2011, 05:29 PM
how could u possibly call a team great that hasnt won ANYTHING since 1998? The celtics are the only great team in the east,, bulls fans on here need to stop talking so much,, the knicks are relevant for the first time since the early 2000's, i dont think they can win a championship yet but lets not act like anyone wants to face them, anytime a team has the best scorer on the floor theyre a threat to beat ANYONE, and thats the case wtih the knicks when they play anyone not named OKC

Well 99% of your fanbase are already calling the Knicks great when they haven't won ANYTHING since, oh ****, when was the last time they won something? Oh yea, 1973.

thebet
03-01-2011, 05:29 PM
The Knick's may be able to beat the over-hyped Heat... especially considering they are still "gelling;" working out their kinks and such. The Bulls would destroy the Knicks, though. It would be a complete massacre.

gbombx19
03-01-2011, 05:33 PM
The Knick's may be able to beat the over-hyped Heat... especially considering they are still "gelling;" working out their kinks and such. The Bulls would destroy the Knicks, though. It would be a complete massacre.

these are the dumb bulls fans posting in here.

ramsizzle
03-01-2011, 05:35 PM
^ And you are the dumb Knicks fan. So if you would, please continue that idiotic banter somewhere else...

LGH100
03-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I have no idea why some Bulls fans always say they "spanked" the Heat.

Big deal your team beat the Heat by THREE points without Lebron for the entire game and Bosh not playing in the 4th quarter and beat the Heat for a second at home because Bosh shot very poorly.They still didn't blow the Heat out.

Exactly.Heat beat the Knicks twice.

Something Bulls couldn't do when they played them and yeah in each game
they missed either Noah or Boozer but it's not like the Bulls haven't beaten
teams with injuries...

MustWinGame7
03-01-2011, 05:36 PM

hmmmm, because they haven't beaten them yet this year... RIGHHHTTTTT. Pure genius behind that quote. I LOVE IT.

DROSE4MVP
03-01-2011, 05:36 PM

Dude, stop quoting everyone that talks smack against the Knicks. It's their opinion, get over it. If you think the Bulls are overrated, cool, nice story. But you don't have to get defensive and say all Bulls fans are dumb. I don't give two ****'s about you thinking Rose is "nice", but never has won a playoff series (even though that's stupid).

Everyone's got an opinion, man. Deal with it.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:37 PM
since when is a guy with an Oilers avatar a bulls fan? Sounds like some dude from Canada to me.

Even I am tired of the **** talking. Let's just watch and see what happens, we can talk **** AFTER the games.

CostanzaNumba0
Well 99% of your fanbase are already calling the Knicks great when they haven't won ANYTHING since, oh ****, when was the last time they won something? Oh yea, 1973.

im calling ******** on this one, the veteran knick posters are all saying the same thing, we have a punchers chance, which we do, against anyone in a short series,,there are going to be bandwagon fans whenever a team has success, im sure u know that, some of ur fans are absolutely atrocious.. to comment on '73 yea, its been awhile but the knicks are a great franchise and one of the great teams of 90's,, if jordan wasnt in there way they wouldve won a championship or two and we made it to the finals in 99 which more recent than many teams, including the bulls

godolphins
#6 seed

thebet

Yea okay... I'm dumb? Check the post count, little guy. I have twice the amount of posts as you. Gain some experience before you talk trash... noob

CostanzaNumba0
03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
since when is a guy with an Oilers avatar a bulls fan? Sounds like some dude from Canada to me.

Even I am tired of the **** talking. Let's just watch and see what happens, we can talk **** AFTER the games.

ur the biggest **** talker on here wtf

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:41 PM
ur the biggest **** talker on here wtf

not really...how would you even know that? Today is the first day I've seen you here

anyway, I'm tired of it now. All the joy has been taken out of **** talking for me. I don't want to talk crap about the Heat any more because they've hit a bit of a slump and aren't so arrogant any more, but now Knicks fans have taken their place instead.

When you can get Bulls fans and Heat fans on the same side of an argument (vs Knicks fans), thats when you know you should tone it down a bit.

Bornknick73
03-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Yea okay... I'm dumb? Check the post count, little guy. I have twice the amount of posts as you. Gain some experience before you talk trash... noob

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

A guy with 50 posts calling a guy with 20 a noob....awesome!!!

Kashmir13579
03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
not really...how would you even know that? Today is the first day I've seen you here

anyway, I'm tired of it now. All the joy has been taken out of **** talking for me. I don't want to talk crap about the Heat any more because they've hit a bit of a slump and aren't so arrogant any more, but now Knicks fans have taken their place instead.

When you can get Bulls fans and Heat fans on the same side of an argument (vs Knicks fans), thats when you know you should tone it down a bit.

because your in every knicks thread never saying anything positive maybe???

and regardless of whether or not you've "seen" somebody before today, you post 70 times a day, so we've ALL "seen" you.

DROSE4MVP
03-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Haha, yeah for once I agree with a Knicks fan. If that guy is over 15 years old, I'll be shocked.

Bornknick73
03-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Damn Son...Ive been here since June, 5 months before you yet you have 4x the post count...Damn. That is Legend, Legendary Troll.

If im on this **** day and night how the ****? Damn you writing in your sleep?

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm a natural born spammer, it's easy on a forum like this cuz most these replies are just "lol" or an emoticon or a one word/one sentence reply or something.

CostanzaNumba0

what? ive been posting on this site since 2007, and i see no unified front against knick fans, the heat ppl seem to hate u guys a lot more

redwhitenblue
#6 seed.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
what? ive been posting on this site since 2007, and i see no unified front against knick fans, the heat ppl seem to hate u guys a lot more

Heat fans used to hate us a LOT more, but now since earlier in the season and after proving to them that we're a legit challenge for their team and all that, I think we've gained their respect a little. I can count several Heat fans that I genuinely like and think are good posters.

thebet
03-01-2011, 05:51 PM

Yes! Ha-haaa! I'm glad you picked up on my sarcastic and slightly paradoxical undertones. I was well aware of my post count in accordance to others. Thank you for the "laughing faces!" It's encouraging!

Cubs Win
03-01-2011, 05:51 PM

I remember my first beer.

Anyways, if the Knicks win tonight they will rank 6th in the East and will still be 4 games back of the Atlanta Hawks for the 5th seed. Pretty simple Knicks fans. :pity:

knicksfan42
03-01-2011, 05:52 PM

New favorite PSD poster, though the "u mad" comment to raging Heat fans a day or two ago was more awesome.

CostanzaNumba0
03-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Heat fans used to hate us a LOT more, but now since earlier in the season and after proving to them that we're a legit challenge for their team and all that, I think we've gained their respect a little. I can count several Heat fans that I genuinely like and think are good posters.

i could give a **** either way its just not cool to typecast an entire fanbase because some new posters are excited that we're relevant again, uve been all over the knicks forum, there very little grandiosity in there,, we know exactly what we are: an above .500 team who can beat anyone an any given night,, and thats fine for now, we will be even better next year

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't think it's out of the question that Knicks can beat Orlando tonight.

That being said, I don't think Orlando will take the Knicks as lightly as Miami did.

The Knicks are 7 point under dogs vs Orlando tonight. They were 9.5 point under dogs vs Miami.

Albrecht Duerer
03-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Its hard to say. The win against Miami was impressive but it was one game and who knows if a series will reveal more warts. I guess Id still be kind of interested to see what the Knicks do defensively. Even though they held their own against the Heat at rebounding, its still seems like a big weakness. It's also one of the Heats weaknesses.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 05:56 PM
i could give a **** either way its just not cool to typecast an entire fanbase because some new posters are excited that we're relevant again, uve been all over the knicks forum, there very little grandiosity in there,, we know exactly what we are: an above .500 team who can beat anyone an any given night,, and thats fine for now, we will be even better next year

thats exactly what I said about the Knicks on the day of the big trade. I said "not true contenders this year, but contenders next year". Thats depending on if your FO makes the right moves of course.

HeaTxRipZz
03-01-2011, 06:06 PM
thats exactly what I said about the Knicks on the day of the big trade. I said "not true contenders this year, but contenders next year". Thats depending on if your FO makes the right moves of course.

I think every real fan believes the same thing. Why are so many cocky fans coming out of the woodwork I have no clue but to each it's own. I have a hard time honestly ranking a team with a severely incomplete roster to the Miami's, Chicago's and Boston's

HOZ THE KNICK
03-01-2011, 06:06 PM

this ^

knickerbockerny
03-01-2011, 06:08 PM
The Knicks are here to stay, be afraid Eastern conference. No one in the east can even contain Carmelo Anthony!! I don't care who the Knicks face in the first round! East beware!!!

Muttman73
03-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Talk...talk...talk, nothing matters until the playoffs

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Knicks should hire Jerry sloan

DoMeFavors
03-01-2011, 06:15 PM
If Knicks win tonight they are the best in the league.
Also if they win tonight everyone on waivers is going to the Knicks.
Da Garden will be packed!!! The Knicks are back boys!!!

NORMeaga
03-01-2011, 06:17 PM
these threads always turn pointless...all i ever hear is the knicks beat the bulls and then we (yes i'm a bulls fan) respond by saying we didnt have a completely healthy team. all i want to say is that the Knicks arent going to win anything with Antoni as the head coach...(catch how i spelled his name?) Do the Knicks have an actual center on their roster...???

knickerbockerny
03-01-2011, 06:17 PM
If Knicks win tonight they are the best in the league.
Also if they win tonight everyone on waivers is going to the Knicks.
Da Garden will be packed!!! The Knicks are back boys!!!

Haters are gonna hate!!!

DoMeFavors
03-01-2011, 06:18 PM
these threads always turn pointless...all i ever hear is the knicks beat the bulls and then we (yes i'm a bulls fan) respond by saying we didnt have a completely healthy team. all i want to say is that the Knicks arent going to win anything with Antoni as the head coach...(catch how i spelled his name?) Do the Knicks have an actual center on their roster...???

Their backup center is a SF..Shawne Williams

CostanzaNumba0
03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Their backup center is a SF..Shawne Williams

do the nets even have a small forward?

king4day
03-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Since they lost to the Cavs but heat and might beat the magic... That lost to the Cavs cancels everything out and they will be at 7th seed

I get your point but the Lakers lost to them also a couple weeks ago. It doesn't mean a whole lot, even if NY is going through growing pains.
7 game series and Knicks probably win in 5 (maybe even 4).

bringbackfredex
03-01-2011, 06:34 PM
I love how all of you forget that the Knicks lost to the worst team in basketball right before they barely upset the Heat. Even against the Heat, it was basically a 1 possession win that I would consider an upset. The Knicks have absolutely no depth and they have no shot of being a legitimate title threat this season. Even if they beat the Magic tonight, they still have no depth and it's nothing more then just emotional energy from switching teams that will eventually ware off.

Call me homerish, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Sixers continued to roll and take the 6 seed over them.

shep33
nevermind

This has already turned into the idiotic **** storm everything turns into. I'll refrain. Great work guys :rolleyes:

Yeah I wasn't expecting this when I made this thread. I was trying to indicate that if they win tonight, they've played two of the better teams in the east and it's only been a few games, so I mean I think they will only get better not worse.. but what I was getting at was realistically which teams could they have a really competitive series with? Before and even know which is justifiable, we considered the Knicks a round 1 knockout. Is it still the same deal? Orlando is pretty fickle this year, but I mean I think the Magic will be pumped tonight, I think Howard gets them up for it.

But I dunno, this got off track really fast. I apologize, I should've thought this out more thoroughly. Mods if you want you can close this, just turning into pointless arguing and haha and it's mostly my fault.

DoMeFavors
do the nets even have a small forward?

Is the word defense in the Knicks dictionary?

Kashmir13579
D'antoni doesnt use centers, teach defense, or rebounding.

if they win they do it with offense and maybe a minimalist defensive effort in the 4th quarter. big stops are what they need. thats on the players because obviously D'antoni won't help in that area.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Magic have BEEN fickle this year, yes, but I think they're making their push now. Dwight is taking the team on his (very large) shoulders.

Evolution23
03-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Even if the knicks win tongiht they will rank 30th on the psd list.

SteBO
03-01-2011, 06:38 PM
D'antoni doesnt use centers, teach defense, or rebounding.

if they win they do it with offense and maybe a minimalist defensive effort in the 4th quarter. big stops are what they need. thats on the players because obviously D'antoni won't help in that area.
Thank you for acknowledging that. I will say this though, since Billups came, they have been getting stops when they really needed it. It's not like they can't play D. They can, but they just don't for some reason.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Even if the knicks win tongiht they will rank 30th on the psd list.

not really. Knicks have been ranked at 15 or near 15 all season in all the power rankings I've seen.

that was the old knicks though

bahama0811
03-01-2011, 06:40 PM
This thread is done. It has turned into a Knick, Bulls, Heat flamefest.