PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Think Is The Most Random Team in the NBA?

xabial
03-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Who do you think is the Most Random Team in the NBA? I'll have to go with the Cavs losing an NBA record 26 straight games, and losing to the Lakers by 55 points, but still finding ways to beat elite teams like the Celtics (43-15) and the Lakers (42-19) later on.

They also looked like they were in playoff contention at the beginning of the season.

A Team that just keeps finding ways to surprise you on and on again.

six
03-01-2011, 01:06 AM
I guess the knicks.... A team that didn't make the playoffs for 5 years are all of a sudden contenders.

pastrecedes
03-01-2011, 01:20 AM
It's gotta be the Suns. they make the West finals last season and now not even seeded. haven't seemed to find an identity since d'antoni left. and are still scrambling for a new star to fill in da shoes of nashdaddy!

Chitownhero14
03-01-2011, 01:25 AM
I go with the Cavs...Jamison, Williams and all the others basicaly showed that they arnt worth a damn in the NBA. I mean its the same team as last year sans Lebron, Big Z and Shaq and the 2 bigs really could be replaced.

Cavs just are nothing...and they think with 2 loterry picks this year they're goign to be so great again, but theres not blockbuster guy in the draft but Sullenger and he's not ready to come into the NBA and be dominant.

king4day
03-01-2011, 01:29 AM
It's gotta be the Suns. they make the West finals last season and now not even seeded. haven't seemed to find an identity since d'antoni left. and are still scrambling for a new star to fill in da shoes of nashdaddy!

We gained an identity post D'Antoni. Then Sarver took that away by letting Amar'e walk.

What's more random is that we don't have an all-star on this team and are still contending for a playoff spot. Also playing the best defense this team has played in the Nash era.

Lakerhead4ever
03-01-2011, 01:37 AM
the rockets. there record shows they suck, but they will fight till the end! i hate that. they usually lose in the last seconds thats random to me

Arch Stanton
03-01-2011, 01:42 AM
I go with the Cavs...Jamison, Williams and all the others basicaly showed that they arnt worth a damn in the NBA. I mean its the same team as last year sans Lebron, Big Z and Shaq and the 2 bigs really could be replaced.

Cavs just are nothing...and they think with 2 loterry picks this year they're goign to be so great again, but theres not blockbuster guy in the draft but Sullenger and he's not ready to come into the NBA and be dominant.

They're rebuilding what do you expect them to do? And you don't know whether or not some of these potential players from the draft could be blockbuster. Did anyone think D.Wade was gonna be that good?

Chitownhero14
03-01-2011, 01:50 AM
They're rebuilding what do you expect them to do? And you don't know whether or not some of these potential players from the draft could be blockbuster. Did anyone think D.Wade was gonna be that good?

Actually yes, yes they did. It was pretty clear what they thought of D-Wade.

29$JerZ
03-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Knicks

We beat Miami twice and lose to Cleveland twice.
Doesn't get more random than that

bovice163
03-01-2011, 01:53 AM
The Sixers. Their team really isn't much different than last years, yet they have 4 more wins than they did last year already. It's pretty impressive what a coaching change and a little discipline will do to a team.

Arch Stanton
03-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Actually yes, yes they did. It was pretty clear what they thought of D-Wade.

That's why Detroit drafted Darko Milicek because they knew D.Wade was blockbuster.

xabial
03-01-2011, 01:55 AM
The Sixers. Their team really isn't much different than last years, yet they have 4 more wins than they did last year already. It's pretty impressive what a coaching change and a little discipline will do to a team.

They were 3-13 at one point. Now their above .500. :speechless:

Chitownhero14
03-01-2011, 01:56 AM
That's why Detroit drafted Darko Milicek because they knew D.Wade was blockbuster.

they took Darko because he was supposed to be the next great C of all time, they took him over Wade, Anthony, Bosh, Paul etc...detroit also had an abundance of gaurds in Billups, Hamilton, etc.

Wade was supposed to be a great player, he was in college and a highly touted prospect in HS.

mttwlsn16
03-01-2011, 01:56 AM
gotta vote for my LAC. we play to the level of the competition. beatin MIA, LAL, SA, CHI, OKC and we lose to CLE, TOR, SAC, NJ

Arch Stanton
03-01-2011, 02:01 AM
they took Darko because he was supposed to be the next great C of all time, they took him over Wade, Anthony, Bosh, Paul etc...detroit also had an abundance of gaurds in Billups, Hamilton, etc.

Wade was supposed to be a great player, he was in college and a highly touted prospect in HS.

Chris Paul wasn't part of that draft class. And thats exactly my point Darko was supposed to be the next great center and he wasn't. So the expectations of him were way off. I'm not saying this draft class is going to be better than that one. I'm just saying you don't know how good or bad players may turn out in the NBA.

ThornMo
03-01-2011, 02:11 AM
OKC Thunder! Who would have ever expected a top 3 player in the NBA playing for a fourth seeded team from the West.

PrettyBoyJ
03-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Knicks

We beat Miami twice and lose to Cleveland twice.
Doesn't get more random than that

yeah one minute were playing a statement game and play with a lot of energy and another were losing to cleveland.. I'd say there's about 10 games were they should have won and they lost.. and games where you'd expect them to come short they win.. pretty random

JLynn943
03-01-2011, 02:22 AM
OKC Thunder! Who would have ever expected a top 3 player in the NBA playing for a fourth seeded team from the West.

:confused:

John Walls Era
03-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Pacers. They play well randomly.

pastrecedes
03-01-2011, 02:37 AM
We gained an identity post D'Antoni. Then Sarver took that away by letting Amar'e walk.

What's more random is that we don't have an all-star on this team and are still contending for a playoff spot. Also playing the best defense this team has played in the Nash era.

So... you guys don't have an identity as of right now, right??? Right.
And that may be true that you guys don't have an all-star on this team, but neither do Philadelphia, Indiana, Portland, or Memphis and they're still in the playoff picture. Not to mention and Portland pretty much lost Roy as their star.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
03-01-2011, 03:03 AM
haha and then they also beat melo and amre thats pretty funny.. i would also have to go with the cavs for that.

sunnydayin'zona
03-01-2011, 03:05 AM
So... you guys don't have an identity as of right now, right??? Right.
And that may be true that you guys don't have an all-star on this team, but neither do Philadelphia, Indiana, Portland, or Memphis and they're still in the playoff picture. Not to mention and Portland pretty much lost Roy as their star.

we still have a pretty defined identity...run n' gun, transition heavy game, based on nash's strengths, team rebounding focus, our guys need to be athletic run the floor and usually shoot well from 3. i dont know, even if we aren't as good this year as last year, the suns have one of the more defined and known team identities in the league...so...yeah, we definitely have an identity.

and as far as the second thing...alright, cool, that's nice for them...haha

I dont think you watch many suns games...i mean, you said we havent found our identity since d'antoni left, but we made wcf's last year. and i dont know that we're scrambling for a new star at all...we're definitely still with nash, still have nash, and were not even rumored to be pursuing any other stars. and we started bad, but our team has been doing great in 2011. since new years, we have the third best record in the nba.

Gritz
03-01-2011, 03:11 AM
The Bobcats...
the most popular person apart of the team is Jordan, and he doesn't even play
Along with that I've never met a Bobcats fan

gotoHcarolina52
03-01-2011, 03:20 AM
The Bobcats...
the most popular person apart of the team is Jordan, and he doesn't even play
Along with that I've never met a Bobcats fan

and their former owner, Robert "Bob" Johnson, named the team after himself: Bob's Cats. :facepalm:

Colts2180
03-01-2011, 03:29 AM
I watched that 03 draft and payed close attention to who was suppose to be good. I watched Melo closely his 1 season at Syracuse and thought he should of been the 1# pick at the time. Clearly he should have been 2. I hadnt heard much of Wade or Bosh coming into the draft. Wade was considered a big point guard or a undersized combo guard. That draft was all about Lebron and Melo at the time. No one knew Wade was going to be good. You never know about drafts. Did any1 think the 05 draft was going to be as good as it was? You cant predict how some players/positions translate to the NBA. Centers and PGs are the hardest to judge because the college game is alot different for them. Centers are up against guys much smaller and weaker than them most nights and point guards are more like scorers or set up guys. They dont really utilize assists like the NBA.

Colts2180
03-01-2011, 03:37 AM
Oh and btw the Pacers do have a star. His name is Danny Granger. Hes made the allstar team in a conference with Lebron playing the same position. Hes not averaged under 21ppg in 3 years. I guess hes a "role player" lol.

pastrecedes
03-01-2011, 03:45 AM
we still have a pretty defined identity...run n' gun, transition heavy game, based on nash's strengths, team rebounding focus, our guys need to be athletic run the floor and usually shoot well from 3. i dont know, even if we aren't as good this year as last year, the suns have one of the more defined and known team identities in the league...so...yeah, we definitely have an identity.

and as far as the second thing...alright, cool, that's nice for them...haha

I dont think you watch many suns games...i mean, you said we havent found our identity since d'antoni left, but we made wcf's last year. and i dont know that we're scrambling for a new star at all...we're definitely still with nash, still have nash, and were not even rumored to be pursuing any other stars. and we started bad, but our team has been doing great in 2011. since new years, we have the third best record in the nba.

yo brah, the thing is, everyone knows them as the run n gun suns, but the fact is, they don't play nearly as fast as they used to. they have rolo and frye trying to play run n gun when they had the Matrix and Stat as their 4 and 5. they don't play exactly a set offense, but it's not quite run n gun. more like they score in rhythm and take smarter shot attempts. correct me if i'm wrong though bruddahman!

and you're boy king said "Then Sarver took that away by letting Amar'e walk." thus meaning you guys have no identity as of now. last year was with Stat. and isn't it rumored Nashty is to play one more season with the suns and then may be dealt? which is why they got brooks to be the pg of the future, while they can trade nash for a lottery pick. so in a sense, if these points are all valid, you kind of are looking for a new star to take da helm of the Suns franchise.

pastrecedes
03-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Oh and btw the Pacers do have a star. His name is Danny Granger. Hes made the allstar team in a conference with Lebron playing the same position. Hes not averaged under 21ppg in 3 years. I guess hes a "role player" lol.

yo brah are you mentally challenged in the head or something? They stated the Suns don't have an all-star player this year. Have you ever heard of a player named Steve Nash? he has been in numerous all-star games, but he didn't make it this year. so he's not an all-star, thus confirming why they said they have no all-star on the team. but if you want to say STAR, then, yes Nash is their star, just like Granger is Indiana's star. but granger did not make the all-star team this year, which is why i listed Indiana as a team without an all-star. geez get with the program broseph!

Niro
03-01-2011, 09:32 AM
warriors

sometimes they will score 120 against the lakers and win and the other day they loose to the clippers with 20+ points

ks32
03-01-2011, 10:06 AM
utah jazz.....they're from utah wtf?

Flash3
03-01-2011, 10:09 AM
gotta vote for my LAC. we play to the level of the competition. beatin MIA, LAL, SA, CHI, OKC and we lose to CLE, TOR, SAC, NJ

clippers arent very good shouldnt be a surprise when they lose to bad teams since they are one.

Raoul Duke
03-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Detroit. We don't even know who's going to show up to practice or how many of our perfectly healthy players will be available for the next game. It's prett effin' random.