PDA

View Full Version : The NBA Needs a Massive Make-Over! >:-O

TheHoopsProphet
02-28-2011, 11:37 PM
After a good fap session watching some Allison Pierce clips (what a MILF!), I splayed across my dog-chewed couch watching Gladiator on my DVR set as the leftover spillage and my warm, wet fantasies festered and dried into my lower abdomen and inner-thighs (its okay, I live alone). Watching all the epic battles that Russell Crowe fought through surrounded by disease-ridden savages and towering Roman monoliths, and then glancing at my latest Sports Illustrated issue laying across my coffee table that showed Aaron Rodgers and all-pansy wide receiver Jordy Nelson prancing and laughing on the field like they just found out that both their sisters were proposed to by a lush, wallstreet man last weekend at Applebees (also tight with his money), I couldn’t help but think, “Sports, what the **** happened to you?!”

After watching my beloved Colby captain-crunch-time Bryant reach the finals the last three years in a row, I can’t help but feel a bit bored by it all. Same ol’ tune, sam ol’ record player looping Black Eyed Peas “I Gotta Feeling” over and over again in every arena with the same, cyclical anticipation. Yes, Colby is the greatest of all history and can beat jesus and one and one or alex trebec at computer chess, but “so what” I thought? He gains nothing from it. I no longer had a feeling that tonight was going to be a good night. So then I got hard thinking of Allison Pierce again and went for a second session. So, while cleansing myself in the shower and crying and wondering what the hell went wrong in my life that made me deserve feeling that posting on PSD while eating microwaveable canned chicken is better than just putting a gun in my mouth and getting on with it, I came up with some solutions that the NBA might need, so here they are, and if you don’t like it, then **** off!

1)RAISE THE STAKES.

What does winning a championship mean? Well, most would say, it brings a city together, or garners a sense of pride within us, or perhaps just allows us to respectfully admire the players we love (even if theyre not Colby) and appreciate their talents. Occasionally, it might also mean getting a free bj from Diamond Foxxx if your favorite team like the Steelers wins the superbowl. So that in itself seems good enough to invest 70% of our vapid, meaningless lives into it…right? Yea, I guess so, if you’re under 16 or over 50. But for the rest of us testosterone-driven chauvinists, it can get tiring. “Its just the regular season” we drunkenly splurge. We need more umph in it! Aligned with the contractual arguments between the millionaires and billionaires of the NBA thunderdome, I figure we can do a few things out that would up’n the intensity of “the regular season”.

a) Worst franchise of the NBA over the past 5 years gets contracted into Seattle Supersonics Heaven. Is throwing in games to get that high lottery pick worth the risk of adding on to your 5 year record as a franchise? I wouldn’t think so. Can you imagine the emotions invested into the battles of the Wizards and Pacers every year? They’d put that **** on ESPN primetime yo! On the other side of it, the best franchise of the past five years gets free access to mocha almond fudge ice cream for the rest of their playing careers (Shaq-Diesel would be playing into his 60s!)

b) The New CBA has contracts contingent on performance. Similar to the NFL, players contracts are not guaranteed. If your team loses that night, your wage will be no higher than that oily-faced, privileged white kid serving hot dogs in the stands. If your team wins, you get paid minimal $250k for the night. Sasha Grey will also be paid to give a circle BJ in the lockerroom to the winning championship team and one lucky fan in the stands (also, more tickets would be sold! Albeit you should probably hold onto your children tighter at games where this promotion is given)

c) March Madness or May Mayhem? 7 games series are too long. Everyone makes the playoffs. Brackets similar to NCAA. And all games will be one game long leading up to the Finals which would be a 5 game series. Home-court will matter much more. Greg Popovich and Phil Jackson can no longer be drawing up plays on their clipboards with their invisible, magic ink markers that they use during the regular season. Thus, effectively putting an end to these scenarios for the paying fans in the stands:
PJ: Colby, heres the plan. We’re down 15 and theres only 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I need you to sit here, and let Gary Vitta suck your toes, while I bring up Mbenga to play the 2-spot and perhaps get us back in the game.
Colby: Mbenga doesn’t play on this team anymore!!
PJ: You shut your mouth ballhog! Give Mbenga some glory for once.
Mbenga: Colby’s right, I don’t play for this team anymore.
Colby: Mbenga?! What are you doing here??
Mbenga: No team wants me, I’ve been giving you and the team Gatorade from behind the bench this whole season. No one has even noticed me.
PJ: Okay, Mbenga, I noticed you. Get in there and make some shots big boy!
Mbenga: Okay coach!

2)Involve the Fans more

Sometimes when a player demands a trade or a GM trades away his team’s best player to keep his pockets full, you get the impression that the NBA doesn’t show the right amount of gratitude towards the people behind the court. Even though they idly give cookie-cutter sentiments about how this game is about the fans from time to time, its hard to relate with the players nowadays.

a) Actually involve the fans. Okay, Carmelo, you’ve got your wish. You’re playing for the team YOU want to play with. And though you distanced yourself from the loyal Denver natives who have supported you throughout your mediocre career because their cum-stained posters of John Elway are starting to whither away, its ultimately your life. But like real life (the one where you don’t get paid millions at work while telling your boss what to do), decisions come with risks. If a player who makes at least $17.5 million annually publically requests a trade, he will have to bring a championship to the new franchise at least once throughout his tenure there, or will get stoned to death by the previous, deserted fanbase. It will be a great family outing, that truly would bring a city together!

b) Homecourt Advantage. During the last 2 minutes of one of any quarter, one lucky fan will get to play sixth man on the court with their hometeam and homecrowd behind them. The team has the choice of including or excluding him in the plays, and he could help anticipate passing lanes or double team or even triple team on the defensive end. Can you imagine the elation that the crowd would feel with a fellow fan helping their team win a game?! PA announcer: Robert is a mechanic from West Covina who considers an ideal night as watching a Bruce Willis movie and eating Taco Bell. He will be participating in tonights game. And for each stat he accumulates he will win money! Each 2 points= $10,000, each steal= a free video game system, each block = new car.

god im lonely.

toronto4life
02-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Nba needs a Lockout

Swashcuff
02-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Cool Story Bro!

ManRam
02-28-2011, 11:41 PM
I think everything you said is logical.

Nice Diamond Foxxx shoutout!

Flash3
02-28-2011, 11:42 PM
wow this is horrible.

F*(&"Next Year"
Whose Colby Bryant?

Squad13
I laughed.

ManRam
02-28-2011, 11:43 PM
It's spelled Gregg Popovich. I know you're a stickler for spelling ;)

bulldog312
02-28-2011, 11:44 PM
I want 3 minutes of my life back.

still1ballin
02-28-2011, 11:47 PM
diamond foxx :drool:

Crackadalic
02-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Sometimes when you make threads like this i think theirs a deeper meaning on what your saying.......:rolleyes:

six
02-28-2011, 11:55 PM
The nba is doing fine, the ratings have sky rocketed this year. As long as they keep the big market fans happy
(Chicago, New York, L.A) the nba will do fine....

Squad13
02-28-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't care what anyone say, that was some funny ****.

Cano4prez
This is the best thread ever made in the NBA forum.

Squad13
The nba is doing fine, the ratings have sky rocketed this year. As long as they keep the big market fans happy
(Chicago, New York, L.A) the nba will do fine....

:laugh: I didn't think someone would take it seriously.

lakers4sho
02-28-2011, 11:58 PM
I actually agree with a lot of your points.

Diamond Foxx.

six
03-01-2011, 12:03 AM
:laugh: I didn't think someone would take it seriously.

This thread isn't serious? How should I know when I only read a paragraph, the op made a ridiculously long post.

RZZZA
03-01-2011, 12:05 AM
funny stuff HoopsProphet, I laughed and you had some good points.

This is what I call putting effort into your posts.

Chacarron
03-01-2011, 12:13 AM
You know how I know you are not from Germany?

You know West Covina.

mzgrizz
03-01-2011, 12:14 AM
After a good fap session watching some Allison Pierce clips (what a MILF!), I splayed across my dog-chewed couch watching Gladiator on my DVR set as the leftover spillage and my warm, wet fantasies festered and dried into my lower abdomen and inner-thighs (its okay, I live alone). Watching all the epic battles that Russell Crowe fought through surrounded by disease-ridden savages and towering Roman monoliths, and then glancing at my latest Sports Illustrated issue laying across my coffee table that showed Aaron Rodgers and all-pansy wide receiver Jordy Nelson prancing and laughing on the field like they just found out that both their sisters were proposed to by a lush, wallstreet man last weekend at Applebees (also tight with his money), I couldn’t help but think, “Sports, what the **** happened to you?!”

After watching my beloved Colby captain-crunch-time Bryant reach the finals the last three years in a row, I can’t help but feel a bit bored by it all. Same ol’ tune, sam ol’ record player looping Black Eyed Peas “I Gotta Feeling” over and over again in every arena with the same, cyclical anticipation. Yes, Colby is the greatest of all history and can beat jesus and one and one or alex trebec at computer chess, but “so what” I thought? He gains nothing from it. I no longer had a feeling that tonight was going to be a good night. So then I got hard thinking of Allison Pierce again and went for a second session. So, while cleansing myself in the shower and crying and wondering what the hell went wrong in my life that made me deserve feeling that posting on PSD while eating microwaveable canned chicken is better than just putting a gun in my mouth and getting on with it, I came up with some solutions that the NBA might need, so here they are, and if you don’t like it, then **** off!

1)RAISE THE STAKES.

What does winning a championship mean? Well, most would say, it brings a city together, or garners a sense of pride within us, or perhaps just allows us to respectfully admire the players we love (even if theyre not Colby) and appreciate their talents. Occasionally, it might also mean getting a free bj from Diamond Foxxx if your favorite team like the Steelers wins the superbowl. So that in itself seems good enough to invest 70% of our vapid, meaningless lives into it…right? Yea, I guess so, if you’re under 16 or over 50. But for the rest of us testosterone-driven chauvinists, it can get tiring. “Its just the regular season” we drunkenly splurge. We need more umph in it! Aligned with the contractual arguments between the millionaires and billionaires of the NBA thunderdome, I figure we can do a few things out that would up’n the intensity of “the regular season”.

a) Worst franchise of the NBA over the past 5 years gets contracted into Seattle Supersonics Heaven. Is throwing in games to get that high lottery pick worth the risk of adding on to your 5 year record as a franchise? I wouldn’t think so. Can you imagine the emotions invested into the battles of the Wizards and Pacers every year? They’d put that **** on ESPN primetime yo! On the other side of it, the best franchise of the past five years gets free access to mocha almond fudge ice cream for the rest of their playing careers (Shaq-Diesel would be playing into his 60s!)

b) The New CBA has contracts contingent on performance. Similar to the NFL, players contracts are not guaranteed. If your team loses that night, your wage will be no higher than that oily-faced, privileged white kid serving hot dogs in the stands. If your team wins, you get paid minimal $250k for the night. Sasha Grey will also be paid to give a circle BJ in the lockerroom to the winning championship team and one lucky fan in the stands (also, more tickets would be sold! Albeit you should probably hold onto your children tighter at games where this promotion is given)

c) March Madness or May Mayhem? 7 games series are too long. Everyone makes the playoffs. Brackets similar to NCAA. And all games will be one game long leading up to the Finals which would be a 5 game series. Home-court will matter much more. Greg Popovich and Phil Jackson can no longer be drawing up plays on their clipboards with their invisible, magic ink markers that they use during the regular season. Thus, effectively putting an end to these scenarios for the paying fans in the stands:
PJ: Colby, heres the plan. We’re down 15 and theres only 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I need you to sit here, and let Gary Vitta suck your toes, while I bring up Mbenga to play the 2-spot and perhaps get us back in the game.
Mbenga: No team wants me, I’ve been giving you and the team Gatorade from behind the bench this whole season. No one has even noticed me.

2)Involve the Fans more

Sometimes when a player demands a trade or a GM trades away his team’s best player to keep his pockets full, you get the impression that the NBA doesn’t show the right amount of gratitude towards the people behind the court. Even though they idly give cookie-cutter sentiments about how this game is about the fans from time to time, its hard to relate with the players nowadays.

a) Actually involve the fans. Okay, Carmelo, you’ve got your wish. You’re playing for the team YOU want to play with. And though you distanced yourself from the loyal Denver natives who have supported you throughout your mediocre career because their cum-stained posters of John Elway are starting to whither away, its ultimately your life. But like real life (the one where you don’t get paid millions at work while telling your boss what to do), decisions come with risks. If a player who makes at least $17.5 million annually publically requests a trade, he will have to bring a championship to the new franchise at least once throughout his tenure there, or will get stoned to death by the previous, deserted fanbase. It will be a great family outing, that truly would bring a city together!

b) Homecourt Advantage. During the last 2 minutes of one of any quarter, one lucky fan will get to play sixth man on the court with their hometeam and homecrowd behind them. The team has the choice of including or excluding him in the plays, and he could help anticipate passing lanes or double team or even triple team on the defensive end. Can you imagine the elation that the crowd would feel with a fellow fan helping their team win a game?! PA announcer: Robert is a mechanic from West Covina who considers an ideal night as watching a Bruce Willis movie and eating Taco Bell. He will be participating in tonights game. And for each stat he accumulates he will win money! Each 2 points= $10,000, each steal= a free video game system, each block = new car.

god im lonely.

Wow, Hoops Prophet.....reminded me of film noir! I think you have a career in writing pulp fiction.

Bulls_fan90
03-01-2011, 12:15 AM
I love this guy.

Rafer17
03-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Monta Ellis?

Yea, definitely Monta Ellis.

Lil Rhody
03-01-2011, 12:48 AM
I found this very funny

Ovratd1up
03-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Anyone who cannot appreciate this might as well take their lame little excuse of a family on a road trip to the bottom of a lake.

This forum should freeze up so that all we could read is this thread and TheHoopsProphet.

Lakersfan2483
03-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Colby Bryant.

sixer04fan
03-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Pretty sure this guy is completely cracked out on adderall and ritalin...

iFYouSeekAmy
03-01-2011, 01:34 AM
This guy is notorious for making threads like this. :laugh: never fails to crack up on some of his ideas and constant misspelling of player's names.

Sadds The Gr8
03-01-2011, 01:43 AM
lol..."fap sessions"

LA_Raiders
03-01-2011, 01:49 AM
lol, you are crazy man...

xabial
03-01-2011, 01:49 AM
This guy's funny.

AllBall
03-01-2011, 03:17 AM
After a good fap session watching some Allison Pierce clips

you fapping to an ugly *** chick

mdlr52192
03-01-2011, 01:14 PM

1)RAISE THE STAKES.

2)Involve the Fans more

god im lonely.

:laugh:

GeekInThePink
03-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Monta Ellis?

Yea, definitely Monta Ellis.

This.

northsider
03-01-2011, 02:05 PM
The home court advantage was ****ing greatness.

smith&wesson
03-01-2011, 02:32 PM

1)RAISE THE STAKES.

2)Involve the Fans more

god im lonely.

dude whle i read this i thought three things.

1. theres some actual ideas in here, not bad,

2. this guys a joker and is funny as hell

and finally 3. this man needs a girl...

you ever heard of plenty of fish ? that **** works man, even my fat little cuzin is getting play...

and psd is not that bad man lol you dont have to be a loser to post. instead of being on face book or twitter you can be on psd talking sports.. why does that make you feel like a loser homie ?

go to queen and dufferin, to a place called wicked night club. go alone. dont go there with a bag of nuts ( group of guys) .. pay 30 dollars, go up to the 2nd floor and have the time of your life. psd maybe gone out of your life for good lol this place aint your "regular" type cub, thers naked chicks every where. and you dont have to pay any of them. . you just get it in... yes this place exists.

smith&wesson
03-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Anyone who cannot appreciate this might as well take their lame little excuse of a family on a road trip to the bottom of a lake.

This forum should freeze up so that all we could read is this thread and TheHoopsProphet.

i apreciated the thread too, but apart of me thinks home boy should get out and have a good time ... its funny in a (holy **** im bored) kinda way

Allstar21
03-01-2011, 02:50 PM
the nba doing a english soccer type thing is actually a good idea (not quite what u said...but im running with it)

take the top 2 D-league teams and let them go into the NBA and move the bottom 2 NBA teams to the d-league each year
o god that would be so fun to watch

Algmuskrats
03-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't know what to say.

benzni
03-01-2011, 03:06 PM
:clap: great thread my good sir

iliketurtles24
03-01-2011, 03:11 PM
haha, so much time put into this thread, so much effort, im gonna compare you to corey brewer.

sep11ie
03-01-2011, 03:14 PM
You are a GOD on PSD my friend, a GOD!

CELTICS4LYFE
03-01-2011, 03:41 PM
BEST POST EVER!

Much rather read some ***** like this than half the ***** you p@ssy's post! lmao

Nighthawk
03-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Greatest. Thread. Ever

magichatnumber9
03-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Carmelo should be stoned to death by Denver fans. i could care less if he brings a championship to NY or not.

dtmagnet
03-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Great thread.

Ovratd1up
03-02-2011, 11:47 PM
i apreciated the thread too, but apart of me thinks home boy should get out and have a good time ... its funny in a (holy **** im bored) kinda way

Just from reading his other posts I know that this 'boy' is a much more fulfilled human than damn near everyone on this site, he just knows the value of humor and knocking down the conventional. I'm not getting at you here...