PDA

View Full Version : Ref tells Kobe to "make the shot"

kobe24>lebron23
02-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Does anyone kind of feel like this is kinda disrespectful to Kobe that a ref tells him to make the shot... Doesn't it indicate that they won't call a single foul even if he gets hammered hard like he did yesterday late in the fourth vs the thunder yet no foul was called? How is it fair for Lebron wade durant to get calls while barely getting touched but Kobe gets murdered and no foul? Kobe does not get superstar treatment for those of you who think he does...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Ref-tells-Kobe-Bryant-to-make-the-shot-;_ylt=ArZ_nHlJ1QrzV_qXVCq7SIm8vLYF?urn=nba-327439&utm_source=bleacherreport.com

Raps18-19 Champ
02-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Kobe not getting star treatment?

BKdoubleStacker
It's pretty interesting. Watching him when he was dropping 35 a game, he def got star treatment.

But over the last few years he hasnt been getting the same calls.

Raph12
The play where he got sandwiched was a god-awful no-call, when it happened I was just thinking to myself "had that been Lebron, it might have been a flagarant"

210Don
i wonder if refs ever talked crap to jordan

jrm2054
02-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Kobe shoould get more calls

Tuck&Rolle
02-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha wow man just wow

shizzle09
02-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Does anyone kind of feel like this is kinda disrespectful to Kobe that a ref tells him to make the shot... Doesn't it indicate that they won't call a single foul even if he gets hammered hard like he did yesterday late in the fourth vs the thunder yet no foul was called? How is it fair for Lebron wade durant to get calls while barely getting touched but Kobe gets murdered and no foul? Kobe does not get superstar treatment for those of you who think he does...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Ref-tells-Kobe-Bryant-to-make-the-shot-;_ylt=ArZ_nHlJ1QrzV_qXVCq7SIm8vLYF?urn=nba-327439&utm_source=bleacherreport.com

holy effin cow! are you really saying Kobe doesnt get calls that LBJ Wade and Durant get? that is too funny

MiamiWadeCounty
02-28-2011, 07:20 PM
They are probably tired of Kobe's **** every game. Good for the ref sticking up for himself.

Boston Fanatic
02-28-2011, 07:23 PM
im sure that kobe doesnt get as many calls because he is one of those guys who is always saying something to the refs during a game...but isolating one play when he didnt get a call is absurd...either way kobe doesnt care he is still the best player in the game when the game is on the line and for every call he doesnt get im sure his tenacity gets turned up a few notches

valade16
02-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Kobe gets star treatment. Just the other night aginst the blazers kobe was in the refs ear for minutes chewing him out, anyone else does a 1/4th of that and they get a tech.

He gets calls. What does it say when the guys name who started the thread shows his pro-kobe stance.

And i wouldnt feel sorry for him if he didnt, as favorable as the nba's treatment of the lakers has been for the last 40 years they could use a little humbling

zB_#85
02-28-2011, 07:26 PM
It's pretty interesting. Watching him when he was dropping 35 a game, he def got star treatment.

But over the last few years he hasnt been getting the same calls.

it's because they don't like him. he so emphatically disputes calls and it's annoying. I'm a Kobe fan, he's my fav player but I hate when he jumps up and down or flails his arms cause he wanted a call. Shut the hell up and get back on defense. I guarantee you the refs have worn tired of it and that's why he doesn't get the calls like KD, Bron, Wade, etc...

sep11ie
02-28-2011, 07:28 PM

Kobes a Killer
02-28-2011, 07:28 PM
holy effin cow! are you really saying Kobe doesnt get calls that LBJ Wade and Durant get? that is too funny

Do you even watch basketball? Cause he doesn't get the same calls as 2 of those players, he used, not anymore thought. He still gets some superstart calls, but nothing compared to Wade and LeBron

sep11ie
02-28-2011, 07:30 PM
They are probably tired of Kobe's **** every game. Good for the ref sticking up for himself.

Heat fans have ZERO room to talk. And I'm not even a Kobe fan.

Kobes a Killer
Kobe gets star treatment. Just the other night aginst the blazers kobe was in the refs ear for minutes chewing him out, anyone else does a 1/4th of that and they get a tech.

He gets calls. What does it say when the guys name who started the thread shows his pro-kobe stance.

And i wouldnt feel sorry for him if he didnt, as favorable as the nba's treatment of the lakers has been for the last 40 years they could use a little humbling

He doesn't get techs when he deserves them, and he gets em when he doesn't deserve them, the whole league and it's rules is getting sickning

Sandman
They were probably going back and forth.

Klivlend
02-28-2011, 07:31 PM

Please, please, please, stfu. Kobe homer in its purest form.

tonyd3b54
02-28-2011, 07:31 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sox72
02-28-2011, 07:32 PM

If you could have just held off on typing that last line.....

COBY KARL
02-28-2011, 07:33 PM
honestly he doesn't get as many calls as Durant or Bron
But i think it's partly due to him being a hardass. Wouldn't be surprised if some refs didn't like him as a person. Kobe will usually cuss out refs rather than come crying and whining like other stars. *cough* Dwight Howard *cough* Lebron *cough*

knicksfan42
02-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Is this really a thread? Kobe getting a lack of calls?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

shizzle09
02-28-2011, 07:38 PM

this

Sadds The Gr8
02-28-2011, 07:41 PM
**** no. Refs should be like this more often instead of suckin Kobe's nads. this goes for every other superstar too.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Joshtd1
02-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Might be just me..but maybe the reason Kobe doesnt get the same calls as he did before is because he shoots pretty much nothing but jump shots now? Every time I see him play now, he just either gets the ball in the post and faces up and jab steps and shoots, or he does a pull up jumper. I know he does drive still, but he doesn't do it like he used to, so Im assuming thats why he doesn't get the calls.

kobe24>lebron23
02-28-2011, 07:56 PM
What I meant to say he doesn't get superstar calls I mean he does just not as much as the lebrons and wades of this world!

kobe24>lebron23
02-28-2011, 07:57 PM
The point is no NBA ref should be telling a player to make the shot that's just down right absurd...

LA_Raiders
02-28-2011, 07:59 PM
He had zero FTs on yesterdays game I believe.

Thas BS.... Thats Why Kobe is #1....

small3
02-28-2011, 08:00 PM
No one gets more calls the Dwayne Wade.

So I LOL when I see Miami fans talking crap about Kobe.

REF being homers? Amare Stoudemire did not get one FT yesterday versus the Heatles. And the hack machine J Anthony was guarding him.

Joshtd1
02-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Sounds to me like hes basically saying make the shot instead of complaining for a foul when you miss

Kevj77
02-28-2011, 08:02 PM
it's because they don't like him. he so emphatically disputes calls and it's annoying. I'm a Kobe fan, he's my fav player but I hate when he jumps up and down or flails his arms cause he wanted a call. Shut the hell up and get back on defense. I guarantee you the refs have worn tired of it and that's why he doesn't get the calls like KD, Bron, Wade, etc...I'm a huge fan of Kobe, but this is correct. Kobe does not get the same calls as other superstars because he complains and yells at the refs after every play. He also is among the leaders in techs every year. It's only human to tune out someone that yells at you all the time and become a bit biased

Gators123
02-28-2011, 08:02 PM

This

DaBear
02-28-2011, 08:03 PM
:bla:

Cano4prez
02-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Kobe was complaining alot that game. I don't think it's that big of a deal to be honest..

sf-fanatic
02-28-2011, 08:08 PM
I saw this exact sequence in the game last night and noticed the physical play. There was no foul so the ref saying "make the shot" probably means that if he made the shot he wouldn't be complaining. Kobe was getting angry and starting backing Harden in FROM THE THREE POINT LINE. He did this 3-4 times in a row settling for a fadeaway jumper each time. It's not intelligent basketball and if Kobe can back Harden from the three point line, Harden has the right to play physical defense and push Kobe back a little.

No foul and not a smart play/shot by Kobe either. If it was any other player other than Kobe or Lebron doing this, they would be benched immediately.

dtmagnet
02-28-2011, 08:11 PM
it's because they don't like him. he so emphatically disputes calls and it's annoying. I'm a Kobe fan, he's my fav player but I hate when he jumps up and down or flails his arms cause he wanted a call. Shut the hell up and get back on defense. I guarantee you the refs have worn tired of it and that's why he doesn't get the calls like KD, Bron, Wade, etc...

Those other guys do the same thing though, Wade is terrible for his complaining.

smith&wesson
02-28-2011, 08:11 PM
i dont think kobe should get more calls,

i think lebron, and durant should get less. the reffs think they are condums when durant or lebron play because those guys cant get touched by **** hair before the ref blows....................................... his whistle.

Klivlend
02-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Might be just me..but maybe the reason Kobe doesnt get the same calls as he did before is because he shoots pretty much nothing but jump shots now? Every time I see him play now, he just either gets the ball in the post and faces up and jab steps and shoots, or he does a pull up jumper. I know he does drive still, but he doesn't do it like he used to, so Im assuming thats why he doesn't get the calls.
He did in the All-Star game.

Sounds to me like hes basically saying make the shot instead of complaining for a foul when you miss

Smart guy.

Iron24th
02-28-2011, 08:21 PM
The play where he got sandwiched was a god-awful no-call, when it happened I was just thinking to myself "had that been Lebron, it might have been a flagarant"

This.

kblo247
02-28-2011, 08:27 PM

KD tends to shoot just as many jumpers if not more. His frame just gets him the benefit of the doubt

The main difference between Kobe and most players is that you can hand check, bump, knee, and push him with no call. YET, they also let him dish punishment out as he is far more physical than Wade, Lebron, or KD when it comes to banging you back away for the ball. They basically let him and his defender play bully ball during a game and sometimes it goes too far like when he took that hit yesterday or Raja Bell incident. If they legit called the touch fouls and hand checking stuff they call for KD, LeBron, and Wade he would average 10 plus a game, but if they did that they would also have to call offensive fouls for the way he bangs guys on the box. I won't lie though when I say watching Kobe vs Bowen was like Tyson and Holyfield with their antics years ago

It is a catch 22 with him that has nothing to do with jump shots because he legit should have had 6 free throws and JVG pointed them out on tape by saying that is a foul right in front of the refs repeatedly
- Layup where Thabo arm barred him and Ibaka pushed him in the back (1)
- Air ball where Harden hit all wrist as he was releasing the ball (3)
- Sandwich by Thabo and Ibaka in the air (2)
- Hit on the elbow on the fadeaway that sealed the game (1)

He got no calls in Portland either as that boxscore is misleading since 6 free throws came as intentional fouls by the Blazers. There is no way Kobe goes a game and OT without being fouled once on a post up, drive, or jumper.

The fact he and the refs have a relationship where he goes at them and has always went at them as a hard *** since the Shaq days when both would be beat up on and cuss/fuss doesn't help him.

I just think the refs should be a little less obvious when screwing with him on the road and then try not to make up for it at home by giving him love tap calls against bad teams to pad his FTA stats overall.

Of course all this won't matter come the playoffs because Kobe hardly ever gets techs there and because Phil Jackson will take his yearly $25K fine by making comments about the refs in front ov every media outlet in the world like clockwork, and it will make sure that the refs give him the call and benefit of the doubt no matter what in the season that matters

jiggin
02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
the bigger issue is that NONE of the players should be getting "star treatment".

I mean, WTF? Since when is this ok? So sad that its just accepted on such an open level.

carter15
02-28-2011, 08:36 PM
It wasn't a foul on that play :shrug: so he shouldn't be complaining.

shep33
02-28-2011, 08:49 PM
There was one play where he got clobbered by Sefalosha and Ibaka... and in truth I've seen flagrants these days that weren't as hard as that foul. It shouldn't have been a flagrant, but I mean no call whatsoever?

AddiX
02-28-2011, 08:53 PM
the bigger issue is that NONE of the players should be getting "star treatment".

I mean, WTF? Since when is this ok? So sad that its just accepted on such an open level.

I Agree man, the Jordan years were the worst.

If you were a fan of the opposite team, you basically watched Jordan float there and get calls with no contact, he would hack away and never get called for ****.

Take away star treatment.

NYtilIdie
02-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Well he b***hes every game like every other star player, so no.

Sly Guy
02-28-2011, 09:13 PM
I agree that the non-call late against Kobe was actually a foul.
But I think Kobe of all people doesn't really have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about non-calls.

Chrisstyles
02-28-2011, 09:15 PM
U wanna see no star treatment see Amare Stoudemire. 0 free throws. What made the Heat victory special is we not only beat the Heat but we beat the Heat and the refs

fresh prince
02-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Kobe gets star treatment. Just the other night aginst the blazers kobe was in the refs ear for minutes chewing him out, anyone else does a 1/4th of that and they get a tech.He gets calls. What does it say when the guys name who started the thread shows his pro-kobe stance.

LMAO.. Why on earth would you use any Lakers vs. Blazers game at the Rose Garden as an example. Historically the Blazers get ALL the calls in these games as the fans are super jacked, and the zebras swallow the whistle.

Portland recieved so much help from the refs that game and still lost. Kobe as the captain had every right to stick up for his team. I never use officiating as an excuse. I believe teams need to man up to win and play through the bad calls ( as the Lakers did that night) but that night the reffing was atrocious.

Anyways Kobe does not get the same star treatment as the other stars. and yes it is probably because he is more stern than any other star player. Other players vent and compalin but not with the same hatred that Kobe spews toward the refs. He rarely ever just laughs it off. Seems like the refs take it out on him. The non call on the drive agaisnt the Thunder was a prime example.

hotpotato1092
02-28-2011, 10:33 PM
I really don't understand why Kobe doesn't get as much star treatment anymore. Kobe is generally popular, plays on the defending champs, and got tons of star treatment early in his career. Now he gets hammered and the refs look the other way. Meanwhile LeBron is public enemy #1 yet if a defender breathes on him he gets two shots. Isn't star treatment generally supposed to be a function of popularity? I mean it's designed to help stars succeed because the fans want them to succeed, but nobody wants LeBron to succeed, so it would make more sense just to call the games fairly. Just food for thought, I personally don't like the star system, but if it has to be in place, I'd like it to be equal for all of the stars. I just don't understand what the refs are going for by helping LeBron, the league has no interest in helping him, so why not just call him fairly or treat other stars like he is treated?

nickdymez
02-28-2011, 11:06 PM
When he got hit on that play i was like "WOOOOOW!!".. I heard the whistle and thought they called foul, but it was out of bounds... Still won the game.. Thats why Kobe is better than all these other players that depend on going to the line to get there numbers up.... You know who im talkin about

MickeyMgl
02-28-2011, 11:32 PM

I don't agree that he got star treatment even then. Those were the years when he was suspended TWICE for incidental contact that I've never seen another player called for even once, even though it occurs frequently.

MickeyMgl
02-28-2011, 11:35 PM

Speaking of "flagrant", it was only a game or two earlier that Bryant was whistled for a flagrant on Josh Smith that barely looked like a foul. I expected it to be rescinded by now - as did the announcers.

MickeyMgl
02-28-2011, 11:36 PM
i wonder if refs ever talked crap to jordan

Jordan was allowed to throw the basketball at an opponent's face without even a technical. That actually happened.

MickeyMgl
02-28-2011, 11:39 PM

Why is that funny? It's true.

MickeyMgl
02-28-2011, 11:52 PM

He probably shoots more jumpers than he used to, but as the original poster cited, Sunday there was a clear example of him going to the basket, getting mugged, and no call. Nobody who has seen that play, including TV personalities, has not remarked about it. The officials seemed to have it in for him that game. Not the Lakers, necessarily - just him. He got whistled for an offensive foul on a very lame flop by James Harden. I mean, it wasn't even a good "sell". Add to that the "make the shot" comment, and it is peculiar.

Even the technical he was charged with was a quick one. He is often given a lot of rope, but I think that's in part because he's not one of those guys who complains on EVERY call. (Rasheed, Kendrick Perkins, etc.) He usually gives them an earful when he genuinely disagrees with the call (or no-call). So they give him rope. Then Sunday he pointed something out and bam, T. On the other hand, that was Javi, and he tends to be moody.

tyfreaks brotha
03-01-2011, 01:00 AM

Wow!! For once Kobe ain't getting his **** Sucked. Maybe, they are starting to flab. Lol jk, but this is different.

BUCSFORLIFE123
03-01-2011, 02:05 AM
if you watched the game, kobe was whining the whole game and missing almost every shot, the ref plain and simple said to make a shot before kobe comes to him with all the bs

Chronz
03-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Wait so I can get any clip of Bron getting mugged and not getting the call and say it happens every game ?

KingsAndNiners
03-01-2011, 02:21 AM
As a kings fan, anytime i hear a lakers fan complain about the refs i just wanna say a big F you! lmao. Nothing personal.. oh, wait.. :mad::p:o:cry:;):eyebrow::mad::):(:)

Storch
03-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Kobe shoots a lot of jump shots now. :shrug:

WHODAT8o8
03-01-2011, 03:29 AM

This x 1000000000000000000000000

DoJoTheSlasher
03-01-2011, 03:42 AM

I'm sorry, LeBron complains after EVERY call and runs up to the official to see if he will take it back, EVERY call.

sharqstealth
03-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Ooh looks like some lakers fans upset kobe's getting no star treatment anymore. lol. Cmon basketball should be won by making shots instead of getting assisted by the refs.

Raph12
03-01-2011, 04:22 AM
Ooh looks like some lakers fans upset kobe's getting no star treatment anymore. lol. Cmon basketball should be won by making shots instead of getting assisted by the refs.

Tell that to Lebron, Wade and Durant, who shoot nearly 8-10FTs per game and rely on those calls many nights where they can't hit their shots. If anyone feels the need to say Dwight shoots 12, go watch him play and tell me he doesn't get hit more than any player currently in the league...

MickeyMgl
03-01-2011, 05:22 AM

Having obvious fouls called properly is not "getting assisted by the refs".

ldawg
03-01-2011, 06:43 AM
ooh looks like some lakers fans upset kobe's getting no star treatment anymore. Lol. Cmon basketball should be won by making shots instead of getting assisted by the refs.tell that to lebron and wade they make a living at the line. Both of them on the same team so guess how many free throws heat shoot nightly? The nba is staged. Bryant had to overcome being targeted by the nba many times already. That is why i think he is the greatest nothing comes easy for him. Lebron is an offensive fouling bull but yet they keep calling blocking fouls like three blind mice.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-01-2011, 06:47 AM

I'm sorry but that's wrong.He drives a lot.

According to Hoopdata he's taking less long jumpers (16-23ft) this year, but the thing is he should stop shooting threes, he's shooting poorly from downtown since his finger injuries.

Kobe would be a 48-49% shooter without chucking stupid 3-balls.

ldawg
03-01-2011, 06:57 AM
The nba is staged. They want Miami to win so they will do everything they can to help them. Kobe get foul plenty times without a call its a shame the nba is the way it is.

jaji10
03-01-2011, 07:44 AM
yes i watch the lakers all the time and he doesn't get the same calls as before, if u have been following their games you will definitely notice this.. one reason might be coz he's always complaining and the refs are tired of him cussing in different languages... kobe himself told this and now it backfired on him!!

bostonrules37
03-01-2011, 08:00 AM
The point is no NBA ref should be telling a player to make the shot that's just down right absurd...

and no nba player should cuss out a ref and tell him " and 1 " like kobe did at the end of the game when he never even got touched! i dont blame the ref id get pissed eventually when your always being showed up by these irragent nba players!

Huskerz
03-01-2011, 08:35 AM

Are you kidding me? The Thunder were up in Kobe's panties, that's why he got frustrated. Thabo and Harden were dealing him fits and making him work too hard. We ( THE THUNDER) are coming, and the Lakers are rightfully worried. Keep in mind, we barely lost without Perkins. I'm feeling real good about this dynasty that we are about to build in OKC. As for Kobe....the ref was correct...shut up and make the shot! He wants to booty people down from the 3 point line...if anything it should should be an offensive foul. Thunder Up!

magic0320
03-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Are you kidding me? The Thunder were up in Kobe's panties, that's why he got frustrated. Thabo and Harden were dealing him fits and making him work too hard. We ( THE THUNDER) are coming, and the Lakers are rightfully worried. Keep in mind, we barely lost without Perkins. I'm feeling real good about this dynasty that we are about to build in OKC. As for Kobe....the ref was correct...shut up and make the shot! He wants to booty people down from the 3 point line...if anything it should should be an offensive foul. Thunder Up!

haha people like you make nba look bad...

GMEN4EVER
03-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Lol, sorry but if any of ya's actually get excited over what the refs call i've got some news for you. NBA refs are told what to do! It's the dirty little secret the NBA has been trying to keep under wraps for years. But don't be naive, these guys are making some of these calls with a specific agenda in mind. Don't ever gamble on an NBA game until you know for sure who the refs are going to try to give the game to. That crap counts for about 10 pts on the spread IMO. It's an absolute joke, and to me is why the NBA can never be the top sport in this country.

Double_R
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Raph said it...

There is not one star in the last decade that gets less superstar treatment than Dwight Howard. Dude could get knocked out and get a tech for sleeping on the court. Kobe is a baby that argues 24/7 and so is Lebron, but I never see them get techs for it.

LBJ gets the top superstar treatment, then there is the rest of the superstars, then there is 2011 Kobe, then there is allstars, then there are starters, then there are role players, then there are bench players, then comes coaches, then comes announcers, then comes the floor cleaners, then comes fans, then comes the concession people, then comes Dwight Howard.

Da Knicks
03-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Raph said it...

There is not one star in the last decade that gets less superstar treatment than Dwight Howard. Dude could get knocked out and get a tech for sleeping on the court. Kobe is a baby that argues 24/7 and so is Lebron, but I never see them get techs for it.

LBJ gets the top superstar treatment, then there is the rest of the superstars, then there is 2011 Kobe, then there is allstars, then there are starters, then there are role players, then there are bench players, then comes coaches, then comes announcers, then comes the floor cleaners, then comes fans, then comes the concession people, then comes Dwight Howard.

I agree Dwight gets fouled alot but he is not the only one, Amare gets fouled all the time and both never get the calls. Maybe because they are so big and physical the refs just let them play?:( Anyways i hate the crying Kobe does to the refs every game.

nickdymez
03-01-2011, 01:18 PM

lmao.. The thunder are 1-8 against the lakers... hahahahahahhahaha

tbone2171
03-01-2011, 02:38 PM

OP FAIL!!!! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

TmacBryant
03-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I thought it was pretty funny, but kobe was getting hit a lot :clap:

flclfanman
03-01-2011, 03:12 PM
About time.

Aging stars dont get star treatment as much as they did when they were younger

YOU'RE NEXT WADE :laugh:

MickeyMgl
03-01-2011, 11:58 PM
and no nba player should cuss out a ref and tell him " and 1 " like kobe did at the end of the game when he never even got touched!

The video shows he did.

AIRMAR72
03-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Do you even watch basketball? Cause he doesn't get the same calls as 2 of those players, he used, not anymore thought. He still gets some superstart calls, but nothing compared to Wade and LeBronthere better players thats WHY plus wade and bron are da new face of NBA kobe never got de amount of commericals and tv time like wade has or is own sneakers from nike like bron had yeah i know he was wearing addias when he 1st came in da league but when he started wearing nikes it took nike awhile to make kobe is own shoes these are da FACTS kobe is overrated but has improve over da past 6yrs, kobe is not the same kind of animal like wade and bron if kobe was playing at da level hes been playing these days he would be wearing jordan(im sure kobe dreams it everynite wearing MJ SHOES) LIKE wade

MrfadeawayJB
03-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Kobe shoould get more calls

stfu all superstars should get less calls, only call it if its a foul smh

IBleedPurple
03-02-2011, 12:47 AM
That comment is out of place, but only caught some of the game.....can't say anything about the calls

0nekhmer
03-02-2011, 12:58 AM
i've been watching a couple of laker games as of late. kobe seems to have lost a step. he takes a lot of bad shots and whines for calls when they are not there.

Kobes a Killer
03-02-2011, 01:01 AM
there better players thats WHY plus wade and bron are da new face of NBA kobe never got de amount of commericals and tv time like wade has or is own sneakers from nike like bron had yeah i know he was wearing addias when he 1st came in da league but when he started wearing nikes it took nike awhile to make kobe is own shoes these are da FACTS kobe is overrated but has improve over da past 6yrs, kobe is not the same kind of animal like wade and bron if kobe was playing at da level hes been playing these days he would be wearing jordan(im sure kobe dreams it everynite wearing MJ SHOES) LIKE wade

Dude are you high???? You're talking about shoes and commercials which has nothing to do with any of this. Your grammar is terrible

And for your information kobes prime>>>lebrons or wades prime

I would take Kobe in his prime hitting every shot he put up over LeBron being able to do nothing but barrel down the lane (he is a great playmaker though) atleast wade can stroke it, unlike LeBron

Kobes a Killer
03-02-2011, 01:04 AM
i've been watching a couple of laker games as of late. kobe seems to have lost a step. he takes a lot of bad shots and whines for calls when they are not there.

Ya he's definately lost a step or two. He whines when he doesnt get calls just like any star does. He gets the call when he isn't fouled and no call when he is fouled, it's just inconsistent crappy reffing

MickeyMgl
03-02-2011, 01:15 AM
stfu all superstars should get less calls, only call it if its a foul smh

I think that's the point of the thread.

sciferguy
03-02-2011, 01:30 AM
I honestly don't know what's worse...kobe expecting to get a foul called every time he even looks at the ball or the fans expecting it...i do give props to the l.a. fans who admit that kobe bi****s too much at the refs...but it has been a laker problem since vlade divac...i wish the refs would stop with the star treatment already...i do wish they were as hard on complaining as they were in pre-season

Omar Little
03-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Is this a joke? Kobe gets way too many star calls as it is. Plus he gets away arguing with refs more then almost anybody. Ive even seen him go as far as to kick the ball after missing a free throw. He bricked the shot and then as the ball bounced back towards him, out of frustration he kicked the ball, almost hitting an opponent standing along the lane and then bounced all the way into the media section. The refs response was to just scurry over and pick the ball up and then toss it back to Kobe for his second free throw. You cant tell me that 99% of the league wouldnt get called for a technical or worse for doing the same thing.

gbrl
03-02-2011, 03:24 AM
:shrug: dont see any foul on this play if anything kobe traveled

MickeyMgl
03-02-2011, 03:32 AM
I honestly don't know what's worse...kobe expecting to get a foul called every time he even looks at the ball or the fans expecting it.

He doesn't expect a foul every time. He actually doesn't complain most of the time. But when he feels he has something to complain about, he does seem to go all out.

Evolution23
03-02-2011, 03:36 AM
hes right

MickeyMgl
03-02-2011, 03:36 AM
Is this a joke? Kobe gets way too many star calls as it is.

People thinking that refs blowing the whistle when a star is actually fouled is the same as getting "star calls". :facepalm:

MickeyMgl
03-02-2011, 03:38 AM
:shrug: dont see any foul on this play if anything kobe traveled

You musta been looking at the wrong play.

gbrl
03-02-2011, 03:40 AM
You musta been looking at the wrong play.

or without my laker glasses on

THINKBLUE15
03-02-2011, 04:51 AM
No they aren't.

THINKBLUE15
03-02-2011, 04:58 AM
Bottom Line:

Kobe: Shut your mouth.
Ref: Shut your mouth to the 10th power. You do not matter. You are insignificant. Nobody comes out to watch the refs. Your job is to call the game as you see it, and that is all. Refs, and all officials for that matter, have big egos. They think they matter. They let personal feelings affect the way they call a game and it is wrong. They do not call it as they see it. And you know what...players have the right to argue. This is professional sports. Should the players argue all the time? No. It is annoying. Kobe is one of the worst complainers (I'm a Laker fan btw). But the ref needs to shut his mouth. "Make the shot" crosses a line. Letting his emotions into the game. The outcome of games have great affect by these refs...and they should call the damn game and shut up. These refs think they matter and have big egos. Which is ironic because most of them suck at their job.

Players: Shut up. Every player argues everything...no matter what. It is embarrassing to watch.
Refs: Call the game right.

MickeyMgl
03-02-2011, 06:44 AM
or without my laker glasses on

No, seriously. Wear your regular glasses. You think you see a travel here but no foul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zurH6_hkXBw

utahjazzno12fan
03-02-2011, 08:04 AM
There was no foul.

magichatnumber9
03-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Kobe should of said, hey i'm the best mayne, I deed it.

AIRMAR72
03-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Dude are you high???? You're talking about shoes and commercials which has nothing to do with any of this. Your grammar is terrible

And for your information kobes prime>>>lebrons or wades prime

I would take Kobe in his prime hitting every shot he put up over LeBron being able to do nothing but barrel down the lane (he is a great playmaker though) atleast wade can stroke it, unlike LeBronyou be surprise what commerical does for a player but you understood what was written and furthermore prime(young kobe) kobe is nowhere near the player like wade and bron when it comes to IQ for the game doing the little things that win games NOWHERE

mikealike305
03-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Lol thats funny. I have no problem with this. Its just like when a player says "c'mon ref! Make a call!" the ref just fliped it, pretty funny

ilovemyangel
03-02-2011, 12:03 PM
you be surprise what commerical does for a player but you understood what was written and furthermore prime(young kobe) kobe is nowhere near the player like wade and bron when it comes to IQ for the game doing the little things that win games NOWHERE

Lol, this is funny. As you can tell from my sig I'm most likely not a kobe fan, but that is right up there with the silliest stuff ever said. Kobe is the smartest basketball player in the league, more so than lebron or wade i would say.

Still, i think kobe gets away with alot of stuff, such as his post play where he seemingly pushes (too hard) the defender into the paint when other players would get called for offensive fouls str away. It's tough to say that Kobe doesn't get his star calls anymore based on one play.

Ragan
03-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Give me a ****ing break. Kobe doesn't get calls? Come on. Could a foul have been called? Yes, but I like the no call, especially in that situation - it wasn't egregious. Maybe don't try to dunk it over Sefolosha AND Ibaka with a minute left in a one point game? Most players definitely don't get that call, and if anyone WAS going to get it, it'd be Kobe. The ref didn't need to say anything (I didn't see/hear it but I'll assume it's true), but it's a fine no-call.

p.s. Before you respond, I do understand that Kobe is better at drawing legitimate fouls than almost anyone else in the league. However, if you think he doesn't get the calls that other players do, then you're just being completely irrational (which fuels the rest of the leagues' opinion of Laker fans).

diggerbsb
03-02-2011, 12:41 PM
If there is one star in the league that doesn't get star treatment its melo. From a nuggets fan not to fond of melo right now.

tbone2171
03-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Can't wait till this *** clown retires.

ghettosean
03-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Kobe gets a massive amount of calls this is based on one play so big whoop! I like the refs talking **** to him though thats pretty funny. Hope they do that to Lebron and others too!

ghettosean
03-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Also Kobe complains a lot on the court so I can see why they might have said that though they should have just given him a technical if he was arguing the call cause thats the stupid new rule they put into play this year!

Fnom11
03-02-2011, 04:47 PM
He clearly pushed off to create the space anyway. It probably has to do with the whole you pushed off so were not going to give you a baby foul

THINKBLUE15
03-03-2011, 12:47 AM
There are a lot of *** clowns in this league. Kobe Bryant isn't one of them.

gbrl
03-03-2011, 12:56 AM
No, seriously. Wear your regular glasses. You think you see a travel here but no foul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zurH6_hkXBw

you should probably wear some glasses or actually look at the video in the op

curtisjr08
03-03-2011, 01:28 AM
I love how heat fans in their stupidity think they are so intelligent with La-Choke on their team who literally complains after every shot and drive to the rim, not to mention the other two on the team. Kobe complains, who doesnt? Everyone does, but more so than not and yes I watch 90 % percent of their games, he drops the ball and goes the other way, unless he is adamint that he got hit and in that case you find out during the replay he was right. '

Its not that he doesnt get superstar treatment, but its in recent games that he has been getting hacked quite a bit with not calls.

Take for instance, every game this year up the to Feb. 13th the Magic game kobe has gone to the line at the least 2 times. (that game he had none) In the last 8 games, three of them he hasnt gone to the line. One game was 3 attempts the other was 4.

So its not so much as it being this season but just recently. That Thunder game was ridiculous as well as the blazer game. Most of you dont have any room to talk because you have no idea what you are talking about, you dont watch the games...so you can say

"KOBE HATER IN ITS PUREST FORM"
:clap:

curtisjr08
03-03-2011, 01:31 AM
He clearly pushed off to create the space anyway. It probably has to do with the whole you pushed off so were not going to give you a baby foul

Your an idiot he had both hands on the ball...go to school stupid

M.Bibby2.0
03-03-2011, 01:45 AM
Your team got enough calls in the 2002 western conference finals game 6, to last Kobe's lifetime. Kobe doesn't get calls? this is a joke...

kobe24>lebron23
03-03-2011, 02:12 AM
you be surprise what commerical does for a player but you understood what was written and furthermore prime(young kobe) kobe is nowhere near the player like wade and bron when it comes to IQ for the game doing the little things that win games NOWHERE

It's funny to take anything serious from you concerning Kobe and the lakers... Kobe IQ Is probably one of the best... So he doesn't do the little things to win how about 15 rebounds in game 7 of the finals! Ur very comical u and hustlenomics are real funny with what u say...Kobes IQ is >lebrons and wades

kobe24>lebron23
03-03-2011, 02:20 AM
I love how heat fans in their stupidity think they are so intelligent with La-Choke on their team who literally complains after every shot and drive to the rim, not to mention the other two on the team. Kobe complains, who doesnt? Everyone does, but more so than not and yes I watch 90 % percent of their games, he drops the ball and goes the other way, unless he is adamint that he got hit and in that case you find out during the replay he was right. '

Its not that he doesnt get superstar treatment, but its in recent games that he has been getting hacked quite a bit with not calls.

Take for instance, every game this year up the to Feb. 13th the Magic game kobe has gone to the line at the least 2 times. (that game he had none) In the last 8 games, three of them he hasnt gone to the line. One game was 3 attempts the other was 4.

So its not so much as it being this season but just recently. That Thunder game was ridiculous as well as the blazer game. Most of you dont have any room to talk because you have no idea what you are talking about, you dont watch the games...so you can say

"KOBE HATER IN ITS PUREST FORM"
:clap:

This I can't stand the haters... Especially when they don't watch ****

danniboi168
03-03-2011, 02:23 AM
that was an obvious foul. really messed up no call especially when game was on the line. doesn't matter who it is.

kobe24>lebron23
03-03-2011, 02:25 AM

So u want the greatest thing to hit the Hardwood floor since mj to retire? Ok I guess u don't like winners and ur probably an *** clown!

I'll give u an *** clown
Garnett
Lebron(for the way he handels his "decisions")
There are more as well Kobe may be a jack *** but not to you or anybody if he is a ******* it might be to the refs but he's a humble guy just look at how many players he has helped be successful and improve their game notice they look at Kobe for advice not Lebron wade or any other star player

kobe24>lebron23
03-03-2011, 02:28 AM
Your team got enough calls in the 2002 western conference finals game 6, to last Kobe's lifetime. Kobe doesn't get calls? this is a joke...

What year was this again? 02' right exactly almost a decade ago get over it sure they helped but let the past go man plus you had plenty of chances to win game 7 but you didn't and well that's understandable(the hate) since Kobe Klosed u guys out!

M.Bibby2.0
03-03-2011, 02:52 AM
^ look I'm not going to argue with you about the 02 WCF, but Kobe blatantly elbowed bibby in the face at the end of game 4 as well and the foul was called on bibby, plus a half court buzzer beater at half that was a full second to late counted.. + game 6? Naturally its better for the nba as a business that big market teams succeed, it sucked being robbed a championship when you're a passionate fan. In the end, kobe not getting some calls whether clear or not during the regular season is pretty irrelevant in the scheme of things, he'll get calls for players breathing on him come playoffs. Not trying to disrespect him as a player, but he will get more calls than he probably deserves, especially when it counts.

ShowtimeNo24
03-03-2011, 03:32 AM

:facepalm:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Kobe-Bryant-has-highest-basketball-IQ-poll-sa?urn=nba-205934

Kobe Bryant is the next best thing after MJ. I guess you discovered the NBA when Lebron went to Miami.

Hustlenomics
03-03-2011, 11:40 AM
It's funny to take anything serious from you concerning Kobe and the lakers... Kobe IQ Is probably one of the best... So he doesn't do the little things to win how about 15 rebounds in game 7 of the finals! Ur very comical u and hustlenomics are real funny with what u say...Kobes IQ is >lebrons and wades

props to the mod that banned him for using my name without my permission

pedrofan45
03-03-2011, 12:24 PM
He barely gets touched right here.. The refs are sick of hearing Kobe whine about every little thing, this to me is fine

The BodyGuard
03-03-2011, 12:41 PM
I didn't see a foul :D

The BodyGuard
03-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Kobe is a little girl, he gets more calls than Jordan did. Cry more.

Watch what you say bro, Kobe = G.O.A.T

AIRMAR72
03-03-2011, 01:31 PM
It's funny to take anything serious from you concerning Kobe and the lakers... Kobe IQ Is probably one of the best... So he doesn't do the little things to win how about 15 rebounds in game 7 of the finals! Ur very comical u and hustlenomics are real funny with what u say...Kobes IQ is >lebrons and wadeslook YOUNGBLOOD im not here to start any debate im just stating the FACTS basketball is part my life ive been playing since 78 i was 6yrs at the time, ive played on all levels and i still play till this day if kobe IQ for game was par with wade or bron how come kobe couldnt beat out eddie jones? it took kobe almost 3yrs to undertsand how to play NBA ball RIDING DA BENCH and that time he still wasnt ready mentally, when mangement force eddie jones to leave (by trade) da organiztion because da laker owner thought he had da next MJ kobe still wasnt ready HES NOT EVEN THE BEST PLAYER IN HIS DRAFTCLASS (iverson and nash) and im NOT talkin about RINGS im talkin about IQ for da game and being consistent just look at his stats the world knows numbers DONT Lie if kobe was better than bron and wade than i would admit it, but truth is THERE BETTER THAN kobe thats a FACT no one could change

AIRMAR72
03-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Kobe is a little girl, he gets more calls than Jordan did. Cry more. your wrong dude... nobody gets calls like MJ is face was everywhere back than he had the best tv commerical ADS(yup being on tv alot conditions peoples mind) and till this day they still BEST COMMERICALS that inspire the MASS you stared at JORDAN for over 5sec and refs would call a foul, if JORDAN shots didnt go in da basket(the only player that ive seen till this day that look good missing a shot) the refs would blow da whistle MJ allday

Tony_Starks
03-03-2011, 03:37 PM
That Kobe no call toward the end of the OKC game was so horrible it was almost laughable..... Whatver, he's still the man!

valade16
03-03-2011, 03:54 PM
your wrong dude... nobody gets calls like MJ is face was everywhere back than he had the best tv commerical ADS(yup being on tv alot conditions peoples mind) and till this day they still BEST COMMERICALS that inspire the MASS you stared at JORDAN for over 5sec and refs would call a foul, if JORDAN shots didnt go in da basket(the only player that ive seen till this day that look good missing a shot) the refs would blow da whistle MJ allday

Jordan took 8772 FTs in 1072 games.

Kobe has taken 8241 FTs in 1083 games (but only 935 starts).

Bout the same amount. So don't say one got calls more than the other, cuz it flat ain't true...

junion
03-03-2011, 04:15 PM
no player is allowed to show too much emotion, and this isn't specific to kobe, i mean all players... after a foul and even after a spectactular play.

kobe complained to the officials on a lot of plays and they decided not to call some obvious fouls (the sandwich and the turn-around sefalosha elbow foul). they already tech'd him up. if any player complains that much and gets a tech, the refs tend to ref against them.

the refs on the other hand, were allowed to work off of emotion instead of going by the book - as in what constitutes a tech or a foul. this is why since kobe was complaining, they decided to show him up by not calling fouls. same thing with duncan getting ejected after laughing on the bench that one time - it's because they were working off of emotion or personal feelings.

players can't show too much emotion or else it's a tech.
refs can work off of emotion and it's fine.

ShowtimeNo24
03-03-2011, 07:17 PM
look YOUNGBLOOD im not here to start any debate im just stating the FACTS basketball is part my life ive been playing since 78 i was 6yrs at the time, ive played on all levels and i still play till this day if kobe IQ for game was par with wade or bron how come kobe couldnt beat out eddie jones? it took kobe almost 3yrs to undertsand how to play NBA ball RIDING DA BENCH and that time he still wasnt ready mentally, when mangement force eddie jones to leave (by trade) da organiztion because da laker owner thought he had da next MJ kobe still wasnt ready HES NOT EVEN THE BEST PLAYER IN HIS DRAFTCLASS (iverson and nash) and im NOT talkin about RINGS im talkin about IQ for da game and being consistent just look at his stats the world knows numbers DONT Lie if kobe was better than bron and wade than i would admit it, but truth is THERE BETTER THAN kobe thats a FACT no one could change

Thats a matter off your own opinion. Never mind me saying you are wrong but did you even check the link i put up in my last post. You may argue about basketbal IQ here, but players and coaches think othervise. Lebron and Wade are better than Kobe is not a fact, it's your obsession. I feel sorry for you for being so ignorant.

icej
03-03-2011, 08:55 PM
The refs should do that more often to ALL whiners. Its just too bad for all the kobe fanatics that this ref got caught telling this to kobe's face but, this is a good lesson to the other stars to quit too much whining and play the game.